PDA

View Full Version : Character Story Help

5w337x7007h
2013-01-25, 11:11 AM
My friends and I are playing Pathfinder, and I've designed a pretty decent bomb-based alchemist. We're playing a 1-20 campaign and I've got a good idea my alchemist will survive it. Back story on my alchemist is that he's touched in the head, and progressively getting worse. He'll need to start taking medication for his hallucinations further down the line, and his dream is to achieve eternal youth (I know it's a grand discovery).
He believes he will not be able to achieve this in his lifespan so, through discoveries, he will create a simulacrum to continue his work once he's passed on. This has prompted him to experiment with the blood of different races splicing it with his own to create a daughter to succeed him.
She is technically a simulacrum and once dead would become a puddle of inert flesh, though she is not a simulacrum in the definition of the word, once my alchemist has retired in the GM's world, she'll become a player character, continuing where my Alchemist left off, inheriting his shop and formulae book.
My quandary comes to this. Her lifespan will be vastly longer than his, as he is human and she will be the product of his scientific experimentation. How would I go about classifying her race, if any?

Jeff the Green
2013-01-25, 11:16 AM
Honestly, I'd pick whatever race had mechanical bonuses I liked and/or fit the character and refluff. It's not like many campaigns span a long enough period of time for maximum age to come into play.

Pilo
2013-01-25, 11:23 AM
You can go to immortality progressively:

First one: Human
Second one: Half-elf (Same stats as half-elf but refluffed for being a human mutant)
Third one: Outsider(Native) races like Aasimar or Tiefling or Elemental ones. Or a Dhamphir if you cannot manage to get some outsider essences but if you get vampire ashes.

hoverfrog
2013-01-25, 11:46 AM
Dragonstar had a race called the Soulmech. These were artificial bodies that souls were placed in. You may be able to use this as a base for your new race.

Failing that how about the Elan (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/elan.htm) as it seems to fit pretty well as it stands.

Edenbeast
2013-01-25, 12:04 PM
Why a daughter if I may ask? Just curious, because your alchemist is a "he". I like the concept :)
As for race I'm not too sure. In fact you're just looking for increased longevity, by using blood/DNA of other species. I would say she's mainly human, but with an increased lifespan. But since you say she's technically a simulacrum, you could make a human with the half-contruct subtype from http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/arg-creating-new-races
Or be a half-elf if the elf essence you used is the most dominant..

5w337x7007h
2013-01-25, 07:48 PM
He would want her to excel at being an Alchemist, so a race that benefits dex and int are great. Tieflings provide what I need, and my party is already in a campaign that forces us into the underdark. Abyssal Tiefling with succubus blood. Alright, I've decided.

5w337x7007h
2013-01-26, 08:52 AM
I'll have to talk to my DM, I'm going to try to rebuild the tiefling class to benefit from human and succubus advantages.