PDA

View Full Version : Favored Enemy and Precision Damage

Tsvet
2013-01-25, 01:30 PM
When reading around the internet about Ranger/Scout, I stumbled upon a info that made me curious: a lot of people said that when attacking a Favored Enemy that usually is immune to precision damage (Undead, Construct, etc), you deal the precision damage (sneak/sudden attack, skirmish, criticals, etc).

Ok, I'm not an avid hardcore player, so I understand that one or another rule pass by without me knowing about it... so I try to find its source and... nothing. I couldn't find it!

tl;dr: where can I find the source of the info that one can deal precision damage to critical immune creatures if the are its favored enemies?

[Aaaaaaand yes, poor english.]

Fouredged Sword
2013-01-25, 01:33 PM
Swift hunter - Feat - Complete scoundrel.

Scout and ranger levels stack for determining skirmish damage and favored enemies. You can deal skirmish damage to foes that would normally be immune if they are also a favored enemy.

Normal the build is Scout 3 / ranger 17 and you get enough favored enemy types to cover most things that are immune due to type (plants, undead, elementals, oozes, ect)

Flickerdart
2013-01-25, 01:34 PM
Swift Hunter. It lets you stack Ranger and Scout levels for the purposes of SKirmish and Favored Enemy, too. Most people go Scout 4/Ranger 16 for simple Swift Hunter builds.

tyckspoon
2013-01-25, 01:34 PM
It's part of the Swift Hunter feat that is used to make the Ranger/Scout build work - in addition to stacking your Ranger & Scout levels for determining Skirmish and Favored Enemy progressions, you can apply Skirmish damage to your Favored Enemies even if they would normally be immune. It only applies to Skirmish, however, not Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike/other Precision sources.

Tsvet
2013-01-25, 05:35 PM
Ooooh... only skirmish then!

Ok, thank you very much! :)