PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help with Magus dual archetype build

zhdarkstar
2013-01-25, 04:00 PM
My group is going to play our first Pathfinder game soon. GM is looking to do a steampunk/spaghetti western game where firearms are no longer exotic weapons but early/advanced = simple/martial. I'm planning on running a Elf Bladebound Myrmidarch wielding a revolver shortsword. I convinced him to let me use it since the weapon actually existed and is period-appropriate. Stat-wise, it's a small revolver/medium shortsword double-weapon. It's going to be a family heirloom so Weapon Familiarity racial trait covers the need for a EWP.

We roll stats the old-fashioned way but I already surmised from the Magus guide that I need to go Dex > Int > Con > Wis > Str > Cha. First feat is obviously going to be Weapon Finesse with the Agile magic weapon ability on the sword, but I could use some advice on where to go from there.

Before anyone mentions it, I've already read about the Gunmage archetype from the netbooks. I know I'm taking the hit to spells, arcana, and arcane pool but I think I can make this double stack something fun to play.