PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Killoren Question

Zephyros
2013-01-26, 12:20 PM
Hello Playground!

I have a player in an upcoming campaign, that will play a Killoren Fighter. Checking the RotW book it says that Killoren are of the Fey subtype. Do Killoren PCs gain all the fey traits?

I wanted to ask specifically for the minimum-damage-on-every-roll-unless-cold-iron trait :smallsigh:

Thanks for your time

Morcleon
2013-01-26, 12:25 PM
Yes. They get the following traits:

Low-light vision.
Proficient with all simple weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) that it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Fey not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Fey are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
Fey eat, sleep, and breathe.

I wanted to ask specifically for the minimum-damage-on-every-roll-unless-cold-iron trait :smallsigh:

...wait, what? Where did this come from? :smallconfused:

sreservoir
2013-01-26, 12:26 PM
Hello Playground!

I have a player in an upcoming campaign, that will play a Killoren Fighter. Checking the RotW book it says that Killoren are of the Fey subtype. Do Killoren PCs gain all the fey traits?

yes.

that doesn't exist.

Zephyros
2013-01-26, 12:39 PM
He showed me this (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Killoren_(3.5e_Race)). The book just says they are of the fey subtype, but fey creatures get a whole lot of other traits (such us pass without trace etc etc)

So what's up with that? :smalltongue:

:smallredface:

Theoboldi
2013-01-26, 12:43 PM
That is DnDwiki. Never go there again, and forget it ever existed. It's full of homebrew of questionable quality, and nowhere makes it clear what is official material and what is homebrew. It's pretty much the last place you want to go for reliable information about D&D material.

KillianHawkeye
2013-01-26, 12:44 PM
He showed me this (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Killoren_(3.5e_Race)). The book just says they are of the fey subtype, but fey creatures get a whole lot of other traits (such us pass without trace etc etc)

So what's up with that? :smalltongue:

:smallredface:

You are mistaken. Specific creatures may get additional racial features (such as pass without trace, etc.) but those are not general traits of all Fey creatures. The Fey type only gives the list of things in Morcleon's post above.

In fact, if you go to your own link and click on the link to the stats for the Fey type, it says right at the top that it is a substitute and not the official version.

EDIT: Compare to the REAL Fey type here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#feyType)

TopCheese
2013-01-26, 12:53 PM
Do remember that Killoren do gain

Cold Iron Anathema – attempts to wield a weapon containing Cold Iron have a –2 attack penalty.

I don't think that is a Fey trait but.. yeah it isn't (race trait though) but it is something that might come up.

If you ever have a magic weapon that is specifically for a other than the killoren character you can say a good portion of it is made out of Cold Iron (had a Fighter that thought all weapons were meant for him).

I played a Killoren Binder so much fun for fluff. Have fun!

Karnith
2013-01-26, 01:25 PM
As others have said, the DnDwiki Killoren is not the official Killoren. The only benefit that the Killoren found in Races of the Wild gets from the Fey type that is not listed in the racial traits section is proficiency with all simple weapons (which won't really come up in your game since your player wants to be a fighter).

Zephyros
2013-01-26, 02:10 PM
Thanks alot guys. (Haven't DM'd for a lot of time and I am a bit rusty:smallannoyed:)

I have one more question :smallbiggrin:

The player is going for OTWF (which I still remember is suboptimal as hell :smallamused: ) with bastard swords. He got EWP (bastard sword) and bought 2 bastard swords, one of which is one size category bigger (2d8).

Does he get a penalty for wielding it as a 2-handed sword (its like a Fullblade and he already wasted a feat on EWP) ?
I am kinda thinking to wave the penalty (if there is one) anyway since he is already crippling himself with his feat selection.

Thanks again ;)

Flickerdart
2013-01-26, 02:41 PM
Not only does he get the penalty, but he doesn't have the option not to - as a one-handed weapon one size category larger than him, he must wield it in two hands. Strongarm Bracers (MIC) get rid of the penalty, but not the handedness.

Mato
2013-01-26, 03:34 PM
That is DnDwiki. Never go there again, and forget it ever existed. It's full of homebrew of questionable quality, and nowhere makes it clear what is official material and what is homebrew. It's pretty much the last place you want to go for reliable information about D&D material.QFT.

Extra Characters.