PDA

View Full Version : Acererak and Ashardalon

dhusarra
2013-01-26, 05:45 PM
hello guys.i don't know where i post this thread so here i am.i want some ideas how connect the plot of these adventures for start
return to tomb of horrors
storm lord's keep
bastion of broken souls

acererak and ashardalon have something similar.soul stealing but i can' think a plot to be "allies".maybe ashardalon feed the soul machine of acererak but for what purpose?in storm lord keep the storm giant's daughter soul is trapped inside in medallion and can't be resurrected and (with some changes in adventure) the cause of that is the ashardalon in the well of souls that prevent the birth and the resurrection of souls but the storm lord don't know that so that why attack the villagers.any idea is much appreciated :)
dhusarra is offline Reply With Quote

Chilingsworth
2013-01-26, 11:38 PM
Well, I'm only vaguely familiar with the Tomb of Horrors and the Bastion of Broken Souls. I've never heard of the Storm Lord's keep before.

It seems to me that if anything, Acererak and Ashardalon would be enemies rather than allies. I'm not sure there's a sufficent power differential between them for anything else to occur. Two Chaotic Evil powers can work together if one has the ability to completely curbstomp the other, or has a way of otherwise reliably dominating the other. Otherwise, they're more likely to compete for resources or to prove which is the baddest a** on the block/in the world/of the Planes/etc.

One possibility could be if some third party had stolen something important from each of them. Maybe Acererak's phylactery and messed with the demon in Asharsalon's heart?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-01-27, 12:52 AM
Something with high investment (15 levels plus a feat) in the Binder class (or full binding PrCs).

Acerack is a 'core' vestige (included in the ToM, about... 5th level vestige?), while Ashardalon is presented in Dragon Magic as an 8th (!) level vestige.

Maybe take Binder 10/KoSS 5, and voluntarily fail your influence checks for both of them?