PDA

View Full Version : the (un)official character discussion thread

_flint_
2013-01-26, 08:53 PM
I often have character Ideas that I want to discuss online, but they don't seem worthy of a thread in and of themselves, so I am starting this thread for everyone to talk about their character concepts/current characters/wacky ideas

The Viscount
2013-01-28, 12:29 AM
Well then, let's get the ball rolling. My favorite character is a LN Dread Necromancer I rolled up and played for laughs. He's the most depraved libertine in existence, and for him necromancy was the last untested waters. He is also a fop, and somehow it all works. He creeps everybody out, and that's just the way he likes it.

I've always wanted to play a binder with multiple personality disorder who sees the vestiges as just more personalities in his head, with certain personalities preferring to bind certain vestiges.

Pickford
2013-01-28, 01:42 AM
I was thinking a combination Sorceror/Fighter/Order of the Bow Initiate

Use a Composite Greatbow from the Complete Warrior for the 1d10+ Str bonus. (Complete Adventurer suggests allowing feats with the Longbow as a target to also work on the Greatbow) which means you only need to pick up Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Greatbow))

Sorc for:
Arrow Mind (lvl 1) - Threaten same as melee (allows AoO without one in return)
Guided Shot (lvl 1) - Ignore distance penalties. This means firing up to 1000'
Alternately: True Strike (lvl 1) - +20 to hit, but not a swift spell so I'd lose a round. Though I suppose I could cast it, then guided shot for the next round.

The Viscount
2013-01-28, 01:43 AM
Street Mage? I'm unfamiliar with 4E terminology. Does this denote a specific build/concept, or is it just a description for your character?

When building backstory, the easiest way for me is to begin with questions, starting with "Why did the character choose this class?" because it can actually tell a great deal about someone.

IIILonginusIII
2013-01-28, 02:16 AM
I'm playing a Fetchling Synthesist Summoner. Bi-ped Eidolon with reach and imp natrual wep dmg with rake. I played it because I wanted to try a new class I've never played. DM was hesitant because of OPness and I agree I lost interest in my character as far as being something other than a faux fighter. Any real direction with this toon that I am missing?