PDA

View Full Version : A True Fire Dancer

WorldOfHylum
2013-01-27, 05:26 AM
Aloha my friends,

I would like to intruduce myself. I found this site while creating a new class for the vast fictional world that I simulate. I found another person named ( Peach ) who also created a Fire Dancer in the past. Although the stats looked great, I feel that the one Peach made is way too powerful and unfair when it comes to balance. I have created a class within use of my world. It uses the D20 system, but has many differeing rules in regard to channeling an arcane power known as Hylum. I wanted to upload a three page PDF I made for this site. I have detailed maps of over 77 million square miles, but I wanted to highlight the nation that mostly ustilizes the Fire Dancer. I cant find a way to upload my pdf here and the script on this site has altered the look of my class sheet. Please look past the uglyness and see the stats;) If anyone would be interested in a much better look of my world and maps, let me know your email. I would be glad to share.

Mahalo nui loa for your time,
Ian

The Fire Dancer

Can be any race male or female, but most commonly from the Letaukin Tribes who practically worship fire. Most worship the Deity Flarienas. It is the second constilation of the year and is depicted in the night sky as a large visable burning torch. Portfolio: Fire, Vengeance, Conflice, Chaos / Worshipers: Soldiers, Barbarians, Tribal, Conquerors / Cleric Alignments: CE, CN, NE / Domains: Fire, Evil, Chaos, Destruction / Favored Weapon: Flail. The Fire Dancers are usually very quick and agile as well as stealthy and cunning. Combat with simple weapons and wielding fire seems almost a performed dance. The Letaukin culture is usually found dancing with fire durring combat and festive powow occations. A Fire Dancer can only cast fire spells or formulas, but they automatically know every spell or formula associated with fire for every spell level they aquire. The Wizard/Sorcerer spell lists for Fire is what a Fire Dancer knows for every level. No need to prepare them every night. Just need the standard 6 hours of rest each night to fully recharge. A percentile roll can be made if sleep is interupted or not made full.

Class Skills:
Key abilities are Bluff(Cha), Concentration(Con), Craft(Int), Knowledge(arcana)(Int), Profession(Wis) Spellcraft(Int),
Balance(Dex), Climb(Str), Decipher Script(Int), Diplomacy(Cha), Excape Artist(Dex), Gather Information(Cha), Hide(Dex),
Intimidate(Cha), Jump(Str), Knowledge(Local)(Int), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Perform(Cha), Search(Int),
Sense Motive(Wis), Sleight of Hand(Dex), Spot(Wis), Swim(Str), Tumble(Dex), Use Hylum Device(Cha), Use Rope(Dex)

All Scoundrel skill tricks are available for this class.

Class Features:
Proficiency with all simple weapons, plus the throwing axe, and short sword. They are not proficient with any armor, and suffer the full negative effects that come with casting and tumbling if they use a feat to become proficient.

Fire Spells or Formulas (Only)
Familiar
Sneak Attack- Same as Rogue

Fire Dance - Able to make a Melee attack, an unarmed attack(Kick), and cast 1 fire spell (any level) in one turn. This can be made all on one opponent, or three separate ones that are within associated ranges. At level 1 it is once per day. At level 3 it is twice a day. Levels 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 it is 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 times per day.

Evasion - 2nd Level
Uncanny Dodge (Ex) - 4th Level
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex) - 8th level
Special Abilities(Rogue) starting at Level 10 and at every three levels therafter(13th, 16th, 19th).

The Fire Dancer
Level BaseAttack Fort Ref Will Special
1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Fire Dance (1), Sneak Attack +1d6
2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Evasion
3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 Fire Dance (2). Sneak Attack +2d6
4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Uncanny dodge
5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Sneak Attack +3d6
6th +4 +2 +5 +5 Fire Dance (3)
7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Sneak Attack +4d6
8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 Improved Uncanny Dodge
9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 Fire Dance (4)
10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 Special Ability
11th +8/+3 +3 +7 +7 Sneak Attack +6d6
12th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 Fire Dance (5)
13th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 Sneak Attack +7d6, Special Ability
14th +10/+5 +4 +9 +9 -
15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +9 Fire Dance (6), Sneak Attack +8d6
16th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Special Ability
17th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Sneak Attack +9d6
18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +11 Fire Dance (7)
19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +11 Sneak Attack +10d6, Special Ability
20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +12 -

Fire Dancer Spells/Formulas Known

Level 0 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
1st 3 1 - - - - - - - -
2nd 4 1 - - - - - - - -
3rd 4 2 - - - - - - - -
4th 5 2 - - - - - - - -
5th 5 3 1 - - - - - - -
6th 6 3 1 - - - - - - -
7th 6 4 2 1 - - - - - -
8th 7 4 2 1 - - - - - -
9th 7 4 3 2 1 - - - - -
10th 8 4 3 2 1 - - - - -
11th 8 4 4 3 2 1 - - - -
12th 8 4 4 3 2 1 - - - -
13th 8 4 4 3 3 2 1 - - -
14th 8 4 4 3 3 2 1 - - -
15th 8 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 - -
16th 8 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 - -
17th 8 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 -
18th 8 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 -
19th 8 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1
20th 8 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2

Letaukin Tribes
Banner Colors – Blood Red, Orange, and Yellow
Race – Human / Native Tribe or Indian Type

These tribes are rich with culture and spiritual beliefs. The rich lands they inhabit provide them with many crops such as wheat, corn, and potatoes. They have domesticated several animals including pigs, cows, and sheep. They are also excellent sailors and boat builders. They navigate their coastal areas and catch a vast amount of nourishing seafood. The people craft goods such as strong weaved baskets, exotic pottery, rugs that tell complete stories, and jewelry made from wood, exotic stones, small amounts of gold or silver, rope material from plants, and small crystals. They have mastered stone and wood carvings and produce exotic musical instruments from both. They have large stone walls that surround the cities and build houses with the combination of wood and stone both. There are large groups that surround bon fires all over the cities and farming villages playing music, singing, and dancing almost every night.

The local economy is very successful due to usually large harvests and production of goods. Some outside tribes and visitors from other countries indulge themselves in the culture of the Letaukin. Musical instruments and jewelries are intriguing even to more advanced and intelligent civilians of the southern lands. They mine a very limited amount of gold, silver, and iron ore from the mountains on the border to the west and the large river that flows along the southern border. Their techniques are not nearly advanced as the Pentari Empire, or other countries to the south, but they are able to smelt small amounts of metal and ore for jewelry, knives, and spear or arrow tips. All in all their economy is stable due to large harvests coming in and goods flowing out locally and internationally.

The spiritual belief of the Letaukin is one with fire. They embrace and practically worship it. It is believed that fire begun all life and will destroy life in the end. Fire is a constant cycle of everyday and the people owe their survival to it. Each city has a large spiritual square in the center where a massive stone bowl supports a never dying fire. The large amounts of forest and jungle in their territory easily helps keep it alight. Major ceremonies are held each month and most of the city gets involved. The spiritual month of Flarienas is very important to the Letaukin Tribes. Torches burn constantly outside of all homes during day and night and everyday there are massive celebrations. This large scale festival lasts the whole month of Flarienas. They never bury the dead because they burn them in a highly religious ceremony. It is said that the spirit can only leave the body and return to the stars if the body is burned away to ash.

The occurrence of one with the ability to channel the Pheth of Spirits is rare. It is discovered sometimes more than a few times a year and sometimes not at all. These Shamans of Fire, or Fire Dancers, have developed a very high skill level in the elements of Heat and Air over hundreds and possibly a thousand years. Some of the more powerful ones can formulate powerful waves of fire that can engulf whole ranks of soldiers and some can wield and unleash multiple large fireballs at once. Individuals interested in being tested for this ability are taken to the temples of the flame. If they pass they are instantly a member and undergo years of difficult and sometimes fatal training. Many accidents happen where one that is inexperienced embraces and begins to channel much more of the power than they can handle or contain. This results in a deadly explosion that sometimes also kills several trainees around them. These trainings are worked slowly and delicately until one is ready for the final test. It is simple. If they pass, they become a Shaman of Fire or they can become a Fire Dancer and have full honor and respect of the people. If they fail they are destroyed by the test. Roughly about 3 percent of the population of Letaukin people are fully trained Shamans of Fire and 5 percent are Fire Dancers.

The military is controlled by the Letaukin Chief. He is usually in the capital city, but travels to and from the other cities frequently making sure the walls are defended. Succession is always hereditary and multiple sons are always. Chief sons are used to govern the other cities of the Letaukin Tribes territory. Many try assassinating one another in hopes of attaining the Spear of Fire when his father passes. Some fail miserably and are caught and executed. Others are very successful leaving the victor to take the Spear of Fire during the ceremony where the spirit leaves the chief’s body while it is burning. The army dons armor of hard and durable leather and cloth. They use weapons such as throwing knives, spears, axes, and bow and arrows. The strength that defends their walls the best is from the Shamans of Fire and Fire Dancers who can wield the Pheth of Spirits in battle. The war with the Pentari Empire has gone on for over 50 years. There technically has not been any peace treaty, but a battle has not taken place in 5 years. The Pentari Empire could easily overwhelm them with a few legions lead by multiple Dread Lords and the Letaukin Tribes know of their vast power. Perhaps they have not invaded Letaukin territory lately because they have other matters to attend to, or maybe it is simply not worth the effort at this time. Regardless, the walls of the cities remain well defended and ready for the next attack.

[Government ] Tribal – a social group bound by common ancestry and ties of consanguinity and affinity, a common language and territory, and characterized by a political and economic organization intermediate between small family based bands, and larger chiefdoms.

Zale
2013-01-27, 06:51 PM
I have no idea what this class is except for badly formatted.

Table-Making Tutorial (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677)

You are going to have to clean this up before anyone is going to be able to provide any feedback.

But let's try.

Fire Dance - Able to make a Melee attack, an unarmed attack(Kick), and cast 1 fire spell (any level) in one turn. This can be made all on one opponent, or three separate ones that are within associated ranges. At level 1 it is once per day. At level 3 it is twice a day. Levels 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 it is 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 times per day.

What does this do? This class should already be able to make a melee attack or cast spells.

So this is Rogue + Fire?

Hanuman
2013-01-28, 03:43 PM
Was a circus performer for 4 years professionally, been doin fire for 7+? I don't really keep track.

You should probably start with the tome of battle, its maneuver system is probably going to benefit you better than a flat rogue, the desert wind line does a good job of fire itself. You'd probably want to want to use the swordsage as the base reference, then adjust it more like a performer or a bard-like class.