PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Bard performance reroll

Macb3th
2013-01-27, 04:31 PM
Hi, can bard somehow reroll performance skill? I'm sure that he can, but i don't know how...

Laserlight
2013-01-27, 04:43 PM
Hi, can bard somehow reroll performance skill? I'm sure that he can, but i don't know how...

The skill description answers this.

Macb3th
2013-01-27, 04:54 PM
The skill description answers this.

"Try Again: Yes. Retries are allowed, but they don’t negate previous failures, and an audience that has been unimpressed in the past
is likely to be prejudiced against future performances. (Increase the
DC by 2 for each previous failure.)"

Is there any way to negate previous failure or just reroll bad roll of performance?

Laserlight
2013-01-27, 05:32 PM
"Try Again: Yes. Retries are allowed, but they don’t negate previous failures, and an audience that has been unimpressed in the past
is likely to be prejudiced against future performances. (Increase the
DC by 2 for each previous failure.)"

Is there any way to negate previous failure or just reroll bad roll of performance?

Unless you can erase their memory, they're always going to remember that you forgot your own lyrics during the concert. Hopefully you can get to your epic harmonica solo before the listeners get out the door.

Macb3th
2013-01-27, 05:55 PM
Unless you can erase their memory, they're always going to remember that you forgot your own lyrics during the concert. Hopefully you can get to your epic harmonica solo before the listeners get out the door.

So, there is no way like i roll 5 and its not good, so i use my bardic music or something like that and make reroll?

Bit Fiend
2013-01-27, 06:01 PM
There are certain class features that allow you to reroll any roll once a day or so (e.g. Luck Domain)... not sure how to fluff it though....

Daftendirekt
2013-01-27, 06:08 PM
Yeah, there's probably a luck feat that allows you to reroll a skill check. Go check CSco.

Piggy Knowles
2013-01-27, 07:28 PM
The Dead Levels (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20061013a) article gives bards the ability to reroll on a performance check, but only for impressing audiences. (In other words, you can't do it to reroll, say, your bardic fascinate ability.)

The Make Your Own Luck feat (Complete Scoundrel) lets you reroll any skill check. It's got no prerequisites, and if you decide to take more luck feats, you can use it more than once per day.