PDA

View Full Version : Incorporation of Sunless Citadel

Hadesman
2013-01-27, 08:07 PM
How would I exactly incorporate the Sunless Citadel into a campaign? My players want to do a campaign, but seeing how we've just started SC, I've been trying to put it into a bigger story.. And failed.

Darrin
2013-01-27, 08:26 PM
How would I exactly incorporate the Sunless Citadel into a campaign? My players want to do a campaign, but seeing how we've just started SC, I've been trying to put it into a bigger story.. And failed.

Well, that is the first module in an 8-part adventure path that culminates in a big scrap with an ancient red dragon. I'm a little fuzzy on how they link together, but if you ran them in order then that would be pretty much an entire campaign (and then some). Here's a list of the entire series:

The Sunless Citadel
The Forge of Fury
The Speaker in Dreams
The Standing Stone
Heart of Nightfang Spire
Deep Horizon
Lord of the Iron Fortress
Bastion of Broken Souls

navar100
2013-01-27, 08:54 PM
Long live Meepo!

ShriekingDrake
2013-01-27, 10:02 PM
Forge of Fury that follows it is a great adventure. Unlike many people, I was able to make The Standing Stone (fourth in the series) work very well; I have run it four times for different groups--all with great success.

herrhauptmann
2013-01-27, 10:16 PM
Well, that is the first module in an 8-part adventure path that culminates in a big scrap with an ancient red dragon. I'm a little fuzzy on how they link together, but if you ran them in order then that would be pretty much an entire campaign (and then some). Here's a list of the entire series:

The Sunless Citadel
The Forge of Fury
The Speaker in Dreams
The Standing Stone
Heart of Nightfang Spire
Deep Horizon
Lord of the Iron Fortress
Bastion of Broken Souls
The list is pretty much the entire 3.0 Adventure series.

I know that Sunless, Nightfang, and Bastion are all related to each other a little. (Ashardalon)
I don't remember Speaker in Dreams having anything to do with those three when I browsed through it.
Iron fortress has a red half-dragon, making it possibly related to the Sunless, Nightfang, and Bastion, but the plot doesn't seem to have anything to do with those 3.

Palanan
2013-01-27, 10:44 PM
I second Forge of Fury as being a great module; my first 3.5 group had a blast with it, and once we finished with that our DM launched us into a long-running campaign arc of his own invention.

If you've just started Sunless Citadel, I would say run that and Forge of Fury, and then use those as a springboard for something larger. Add in your own hints and flecks of future plot as you go through the two modules, and see where they take you afterward.

Starbuck_II
2013-01-27, 10:57 PM
Ashardalon that you fight in Bastion of Broken Souls is also referenced in Standing Stones (so there is a link).