PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Ultimate Thief???

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-28, 02:14 AM
So I was going over the epic uses of skills and I was reminded of the Epic uses of Sleight of hand and I was contemplating what would be the best way to build a character who is essensially the perfect thief... Stealing weapons mid attack, removing an enemies armor as a standard action, ect

On a secondary note, I know of the obvious completely dedicated builds like the basketweaver but I would like this to be a functional build.

My thoughts,

I was thinking of

Rogue 5/ Chameleon 7/ Exemplar 8

or

Factotum 5/ Chameleon 7/ Exemplar 8

Using the Nymph's kiss and Item familiar to boost the number of skill points available... And using the Dragon mag feat Keen intellect to replace all wisdom skills and will saves with Int

And focusing on the Sleight of hand, open lock, disable device, hide, move silently, search, use magic device, bluff, spot, listen, and tumble skills (Perhaps Disguise as well)

I was just wondering if any of the playgrounders has any ideas to improving the build, perhaps a different base class or a replacement for Chameleon. Any help would be wonderful.

Darrin
2013-01-28, 09:19 PM
I'm not aware of any non-functional basketweaver builds.

For epic sleight of hand abuse, click on the Lightning Thief build in my sig, which can steal every unattended object in the contiguous world as a free action around ECL 15.