PDA

View Full Version : help with the avatar

Mirir_paladin
2013-01-28, 04:07 AM
hi guys, i have a problem, i can't use a customized avatar. i uploaded it using forumfree image hosting but this forum doesn't recognize the url. HELP :(

Zar Peter
2013-01-28, 05:23 AM
hi guys, i have a problem, i can't use a customized avatar. i uploaded it using forumfree image hosting but this forum doesn't recognize the url. HELP :(

The most commone mistake I can think of is that you forgot not to use the [img] tags. Not sure about that though, maybe a screenshot about what you did.

Killer Angel
2013-01-28, 05:28 AM
Indeed. As I remember, to post a picture in the forums, you copy the URL, type [IMG] and paste the URL in, then you should be OK.
Your avatar's size, don't exceed 50kb, right?

shawnhcorey
2013-01-28, 10:11 AM
Could you post the URL? That would make it easier to figure out what's wrong.

Savannah
2013-01-28, 01:19 PM
In addition to the above, make sure you're using the right file format -- it needs to be a .png, .jpg, or .gif file. Also make sure that you're getting the full url that begins with http:// -- I've found sometimes an image hosting site wants to give you an abbreviated version that won't work here.

Oh, and I'm not familiar with forumfree image hosting, but if the hosting site gives you a way to upload the image into various folders, you cannot have a space in the name of the folder or it won't work here.

If you're still having trouble, can you post the exact url you are trying to put into the box?

lucy00
2013-01-29, 04:28 AM
thanks for publish such a great and colorful blog..i like it very much..must say,muslim marriage (http://www.sleekmarriage.com)
very innovative ideas of your and its great implementation..newspaper ads (http://www.sleeksight.com/)
.thank u again for publish it.

Serpentine
2013-01-29, 04:44 AM
Erm... Why are you guys telling him to use the tags for his avatar? :smallconfused: You need the direct URL for a custom avatar, sans [img].
I'm not sure why it isn't coming up now - you've obviously checked the "custom avatar" box, seeing as I was able to get the URL just now - but I can tell you that when you do get it working, it'll be too big. You need to bring it down to 120px on the largest side. At the moment it's 195x157, and you'll only be able to see 120x120 of it.

[I]edit: Yep, I can see it now, and it's too big.

Killer Angel
2013-01-29, 05:21 AM
Erm... Why are you guys telling him to use the [img] tags for his avatar? :smallconfused: You need the direct URL for a custom avatar, sans [img].

I loaded my custom avatar as you're saying (merely copying the URL), but the [img] tags, is a suggestion that I saw in the Arts and Crafts subforum for custom avatars, so that could be a possibility.

EDIT: found the "suggestion"... I was wrong. the [img] tags, is merely to post an image on the forum. I stand corrected. :smallredface:

Regarding the size... when once I tried to link an avatar bigger than 120px, I received a message that told me that wasn't possible to load the image 'cause was too big, so I didn't had to ask why.

Elder Tsofu
2013-01-29, 05:36 AM
I felt that I could read a few posts in a couple of different ways but to summarize:

As Serpentine said:
To post an image on the forum: Use [IMG]-tags
To post an image as your avatar image: Use the direct URL.
---
In addition as others said:
If you post the image on the forums (or just give the direct url) it might be easier for other posters to find out what the problem is.

Is that correct? :smallsmile: