PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Psionic Powers and share spells

feyanor
2013-01-28, 09:36 AM
Hey Guys,

Ok I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything besides ppl just assuming it works or flat out stating it doesn't.

So can a Psion/Wizard share a Psionic power, he casts on himself, with his familiar, assuming Psi/Magic Transparancy is in use?

The rules say
" Powers interact with spells and spells interact with powers in the same way a spell or normal spell-like ability interacts with another spell or spell-like ability"

So the real question is, does this mean effects, that interact with spells, interact with powers the same way?

The specific example given is SR and there this is true(the other 2 examples are spells interacting with powers, so I'll leave them out).
SR affects both Powers and Spells equally(so does PR for that matter).

So does this mean all effects interact with powers the same way as they do with spells, or is SR an exception?

On the Question at hand; Can you share psionic powers using the share spells ability of a familiar?

Thanks for reading this far, I hope someone has thoughts on this :)

Greets

Fey

Andreaz
2013-01-28, 09:43 AM
On the Question at hand; Can you share psionic powers using the share spells ability of a familiar?

It should work. Share Spells is not sensitive to the source of the spell other than "you cast it", so powers will get through fine.

TuggyNE
2013-01-28, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately, it will not work. Share Spells is not a spell, spell-like ability, or magic item; it's a class feature. Moreover, it's not listed in the set of ramifications transparency has (which is not a list of examples; it's the complete set).

Psyren
2013-01-28, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately, it will not work. Share Spells is not a spell, spell-like ability, or magic item; it's a class feature. Moreover, it's not listed in the set of ramifications transparency has (which is not a list of examples; it's the complete set).

This is correct - by RAW it will not work. It's a decent houserule though, especially if you wanted to use it to expand Share Soulmeld for use with psionicists.