PDA

View Full Version : Epic lvl reached

Ssin
2013-01-28, 09:46 AM
First of all, I would like to brag that for the first time in my D&D life I have a character made it from lvl 1 to lvl 21 :D

(Rogue 5 / Fighter 6 / Wizard 5 / Eldritch Legend 5)

Now my question is if there are other known recourses (besides epic level handbook) where I can find epic magic items, feats and such.

Khedrac
2013-01-28, 11:55 AM
The Epic Level Handbook is 3.0. Bits of it got put in the first 4 complete books and updated to 3.5.
There is an Epic SRD for 3.5, unfortunately all they did was convert most of the 3.0 stats to 3.5 - most but not all, so some monsters have attributes that are simply wrong for 3.5 (like DR overcome by +X weapons).
Sandstorm, Frostburn and Stormwrack all have some epic stuff in them - mainly spells.

Basically you and your DM need to work out how you want epic to run. I have never played epic but I have friends who have and they say they end up modifying the rules differently for each campaign.

Also what epic rules there are are really written for Core. This is an important point and stuff will need modifying in most non-core games.
For example the epic pseudonatural template gives 35 natural armor, +10 dex and SR amongst other things. Against an opponent with Orb of Fire the pseudonaturalTroll (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm#pseudonaturalTroll) is not CR21...

EDIT: Congratulations!

Oscredwin
2013-01-28, 12:32 PM
The Epic Level Handbook is 3.0. Bits of it got put in the first 4 complete books and updated to 3.5.
There is an Epic SRD for 3.5, unfortunately all they did was convert most of the 3.0 stats to 3.5 - most but not all, so some monsters have attributes that are simply wrong for 3.5 (like DR overcome by +X weapons).
Sandstorm, Frostburn and Stormwrack all have some epic stuff in them - mainly spells.

Basically you and your DM need to work out how you want epic to run. I have never played epic but I have friends who have and they say they end up modifying the rules differently for each campaign.

Also what epic rules there are are really written for Core. This is an important point and stuff will need modifying in most non-core games.
For example the epic pseudonatural template gives 35 natural armor, +10 dex and SR amongst other things. Against an opponent with Orb of Fire the pseudonaturalTroll (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm#pseudonaturalTroll) is not CR21...

EDIT: Congratulations!

You mention an Orb of Fire taking out that troll (touch AC of 17 and only 118 hp), but it also has awful saves including a +8 will save!!!

Ssin
2013-01-29, 03:43 AM
I noticed that the epic lvl handbook was all 3.0 yeah, but most of it is adaptable.

Since I already have a homebrew feat and prestige class, it should be no issue to come to an agreement in other respects with my DM.

Sandstorm, Frostburn and Stormwrack will be read to see if there is anything worthwhile in there.

and thank you, it has been quite the accomplishment / adventure :smallbiggrin: