PDA

View Full Version : Binder with KoSS

chrisgray86
2013-01-28, 05:44 PM
I was wondering I am thinking about taking the Knight of the Sacred Seal prestige class for my binder and in the discription it says "At each knight of the sacred seal level your sould binding ability improves as if you has also gained a level in the binder class." So If your a Binder level 6 and a knight of the Sacred seal 2 Your effective binder level would be 10 because you do not actually still gain levels in binder while your doing the prestige class? So my question is... Is it worth it to take the KoSS if you are not really gaining any binder levels or is it better to just stay straight binder.

lunar2
2013-01-28, 06:09 PM
knight of the sacred seal works for binder just like a spellcasting prestige class works for spellcasters.

a binder 6/ KoSS 2 works just like a binder 8 for the purposes of binding vestiges, including being able to bind 2 vestiges at once.

and yes, it is probably very worth it, depending on your goals.

Psyren
2013-01-28, 06:37 PM
I was wondering I am thinking about taking the Knight of the Sacred Seal prestige class for my binder and in the discription it says "At each knight of the sacred seal level your sould binding ability improves as if you has also gained a level in the binder class." So If your a Binder level 6 and a knight of the Sacred seal 2 Your effective binder level would be 10 because you do not actually still gain levels in binder while your doing the prestige class? So my question is... Is it worth it to take the KoSS if you are not really gaining any binder levels or is it better to just stay straight binder.

What's confusing about this? Binder 6 + KotSS 2 = EBL 8. Improved Binding would add 2 to this number for the purposes of determining the most powerful level of vestige you can bind, but that's it.

As for whether its worth it - in general, yes it is. Improved HD, martial weapon/heavy armor proficiency, and it gets you to the elusive 16 BAB needed for 4 attacks pre-epic. Binder 20 is nice for the defenses you get (e.g. always-on mind blank) but that comes online very late.