PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Positioning [Tactical] ((Feat))

Seffbasilisk
2006-11-06, 01:26 PM
Strategic Positioning [Tactical]
You have learned a number of tricks about positioning yourself in the midst of combat.

Prerequisites: Dexterity 15 or greater, base attack bonus of +6

Skip a step: To use this maneuver, you must be moving fifteen feet or more in a single turn and heading diagonal on a grid. If you do so, you can move three squares diagonal counting it as moving ten instead of fifteen feet.

Dodging Step: To use this maneuver, you must have had two successive attacks miss you and have a positive combined bonus to AC from dexterity and dodge modifiers. If the second attack misses you may take an immediate action to take a five-foot step as part of doding the attack.

Sudden Reposition: To use this maneuver, you must move adjacent to a foe instananeously, as with a dimension door spell, the monk's abundant class feature, or a warlock's flee the scene invocation. If you do so, you can immediatly make a single attack at your highest attack bonus against that foe.

You can't use this feat if you are wearing medieum or heavy armor.

Seffbasilisk
2006-11-06, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking about making them all only usable in light or no armor.

The main idea of this, is that mobility is often a PCs greatest ally when fighting enemies. This feat will let the wizard D-door in to smack the foe with his staff or wandstrike, let the ranger out-distance the warrior when running diagonally, and let the monk step around the ogres as they swing massive axes at him/her.

Triaxx
2006-11-06, 02:39 PM
I love it. Light armor is a must for this. Perhaps a prereq of Mobility though.

Proven_Paradox
2006-11-06, 03:55 PM
Definately light/no armor, and I'd second mobility as well.

Also, most of the time when ability scores are prereqs for feats, they're odd numbers (Dodges 13+ and such). I don't guess it's a requirement or anything, but it's standard proceedure.

Seffbasilisk
2006-11-06, 06:44 PM
Adding light/no armor and changing the dex to 13. I'm not adding mobility because then it'll promote more spring-attack'd-ness. On second thought, since i'm not adding mobility, i'll up the dex to 15.