PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Using a zombie/skeleton as a weapon!

Iktus
2013-01-28, 10:53 PM
So I'm starting this 3.5 game on wednesday. I'm playing a chaotic neutral cleric that rebukes undead and I will be fighting alot with my inflicts and using the holy potency tactical feat from Divine Champion.
So here is the idea, and also where I will be needing your help:
the Conduit of Death benefit from my feat states: ''To use this power, you must first attempt to rebuke undead, then make an attack with and inflict spell.
I was thinking of using animate dead and bring a zombie around with me and then juste rebuke him in battle to be able to use my feat. I will be using it as a pack mule, but I would also like to use this zombie in battle as a ''weapon'' of some sorts, just so it won't feel too metagamy, and am asking anybody to throw in some ideas of how I could use him: feats, spells, magic items, you name it. Just some sweet combos!

TaiLiu
2013-01-28, 10:56 PM
I guess one could start swinging it around as an improvised weapon of some sort.

Iktus
2013-01-28, 10:59 PM
I guess one could start swinging it around as an improvised weapon of some sort.

My character is a hafling though :P
I was thinking something more dramatic ! so Far i've found undead torch... but it kinda sucks !

TaiLiu
2013-01-28, 11:04 PM
How about exploding undead? The feat Destruction Retribution, from Libris Mortis, causes your undead minions to burst into negative energy when destroyed.

Doorhandle
2013-01-28, 11:10 PM
Ride your zombie mount into battle!

Iktus
2013-01-28, 11:12 PM
hmmm, yes. seems interesting ! I will have a couple feats to spare, although low HD of undead may be somewhat of a problem, but I'll look into it ! anybody got anything else?

Iktus
2013-01-28, 11:13 PM
Ride your zombie mount into battle!

i think i could make myself an exotic saddle of somesort to mount a medium sized humanoid zombie since i'm small, that would be hilarious!

Kelb_Panthera
2013-01-29, 06:15 AM
Carry a supply of onyx on you and just use the thing as a combat minion. Upgrading when the opportunity arrises and replacing it as necessary.

silverwolfer
2013-01-29, 10:53 AM
i think i could make myself an exotic saddle of somesort to mount a medium sized humanoid zombie since i'm small, that would be hilarious!

You know the pelvis bone the way it is shaped, makes a great stirups

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-29, 12:41 PM
Could you animate an arm as a zombie? Then you could swing that arm as an improvised weapon. It could look pretty cool too, downside is that it could be destroyed pretty easily.