PDA

View Full Version : RPing help - Back from the undead

Silus
2013-01-29, 04:06 AM
So a Pathfinder character of mine recently died via wraith Con drain. Lucky for me, I had the means to bring her back. This is actually the second time she's died (first was a max damage greataxe crit in a surprise round, decapitating her), so I wanna make this resurrection "special".

So, on a general basis, how might a personality shift when being brought back from being a Wraith, and having died a second time?

I'm thinking one of two things:
1. She gets MORE paranoid than she already is, starting to see things that are not there or worrying that "third time's the charm".
2. The complete opposite of #1. A quote from Death Race comes to mind. "I'm the ****** Grim Reaper baby. Can't kill me! You can burn me, you can even ****** shoot me, but you just can't mother****** kill me!"

Gildedragon
2013-01-29, 04:10 AM
What's her self assuredness, her force of personality; her cha score so to speak.

Did she do anything as a wraith? How was it to lose all her physical might?

How does she feel about dark shadowy corners that may hold other incorporeal undead?
Did she come back with anything? Visions of dead spirits?

Silus
2013-01-29, 04:55 AM
What's her self assuredness, her force of personality; her cha score so to speak.

Did she do anything as a wraith? How was it to lose all her physical might?

How does she feel about dark shadowy corners that may hold other incorporeal undead?
Did she come back with anything? Visions of dead spirits?

Well she started as a Bard and currently has a 16 Charisma. She didn't really do much while undead (It was at the end of a Pathfinder Society scenario so the whole get-the-body-back-and-res-her thing happened during the downtime). She actually was knocked unconscious (As in on the ground and helpless and unable to react) while her Con was drained away. I doubt she felt it until it was too late.

Assuming she kept her personality intact as a wraith, I'd think she's be pretty vengeful. It happened in the Mwangi Expanse (Large jungle ruled by a Gorilla Grod kinda race), so I could see her either want to wipe out all the monkeys and apes, or burn the whole jungle to the ground.

And after the first death, she began to dip into more defensive skills (Taking two levels in Unarmed Fighter for Crane Style and Crane Wing to use while Battle Dancing and raging (She's a scimitar wielding Dex-fighter)).

Malak'ai
2013-01-29, 05:27 AM
Nightmares, panic attacks, phobias of Undead, jumping at unexpected shadows/sounds, fits of tears/anger... Just off the top of my head.

Gildedragon
2013-01-29, 05:45 AM
Well she started as a Bard and currently has a 16 Charisma. She didn't really do much while undead (It was at the end of a Pathfinder Society scenario so the whole get-the-body-back-and-res-her thing happened during the downtime). She actually was knocked unconscious (As in on the ground and helpless and unable to react) while her Con was drained away. I doubt she felt it until it was too late.

Assuming she kept her personality intact as a wraith, I'd think she's be pretty vengeful. It happened in the Mwangi Expanse (Large jungle ruled by a Gorilla Grod kinda race), so I could see her either want to wipe out all the monkeys and apes, or burn the whole jungle to the ground.

And after the first death, she began to dip into more defensive skills (Taking two levels in Unarmed Fighter for Crane Style and Crane Wing to use while Battle Dancing and raging (She's a scimitar wielding Dex-fighter)).

16 cha, so pretty self assured. As a bard likely has heard a whole bunch of stories about it; likely was unprepared for the actual experience.
Battle dancing and raging? This sounds like a renewed joie-de-vivre; after all she must feel pretty lucky to have survived this. A desire to not have it happen again.

Silus
2013-01-29, 06:06 AM
16 cha, so pretty self assured. As a bard likely has heard a whole bunch of stories about it; likely was unprepared for the actual experience.
Battle dancing and raging? This sounds like a renewed joie-de-vivre; after all she must feel pretty lucky to have survived this. A desire to not have it happen again.

Her full class is Dawnflower Dervish (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/dawnflower-dervish) 3/Urban Barbarian (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/urban-barbarian) 2/Unarmed Fighter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/unarmed-fighter) 2.

And the general plan is to pick up a Ghost Touch weapon as soon as I can. Alternatively, because incorporeal undead deal damage as Negative Energy, I could see about picking up a Deathless (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/deathless) enchant on my armor, or maybe just a Ghost Touch enchant so I can have my armor bonus.