PDA

View Full Version : Unova: Back in Black ... or White

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-29, 09:43 AM
10 months after the 'Frozen Unova' incident.No, further back. Before that, 3 years ago, the clash of Ideals versus Truth. Pokemon trainer N lead Team Plasma against the League, determinde to spread the truth that pokemon were misused by their trainers. He was defeated by a young girl, Hilda White, who held onto the ideal that pokemon and people brought out the best in each other.

Team Plasma was dissolved back then, as N and his Reshiram went soul searching. With no leader and no clear goals, Team Plasma tried to make amends for their past misdeeds. When N returned, Team Plasma was re-established as a sort of charity movement. They still believe no pokmemon should battle against their will, but now concentrate more on abusive trainers and protecting weak pokemon. The public seems to love N, and no one doubts they have made a positive impact in the world, but still, there were rumours. More than one abusive trainer has shown up dead in the past year. More and more trainers were having 'accidents'. And like anything, the internet seemed to think it was a conspiracy. Some point the finger at Team Plasma, saying they are eliminating them. Others whisper of a fracture in Team Plasma, a group of black clad individuals who use pokemon to commit crimes, and tarnish the name of Plasma. Some even say that the current champion, Nate Black, is waging a secret war against 'Black Plasma'.

What is the truth? Can this new and reformed Team Plasma be trusted? Or are they plotting the destruction of Unova? Now that N has returned, is he a hero, or will he once again play the part of unwilling villain? Only time can tell.

-----------------------

'Good morning boys.' says Professor Juniper as her Minccino leads the pair into the lab. A few Watchog and Cinccino were tidying up the lab as she spoke.

'No doubt you know why you are here.' She waves her hand at the three pokeballs lying on the table. 'In the past 3 years, Unova has had 5 Champions, and 2 of those have been chosen by me. I still think it's more luck than anything, but the League seems to disagree. So this year, I get to build 6 pokedexes, and get to send out some new trainers on their journey.'

'Unfortunately for you two, your third member has yet to arrive. And another group, out on the west coast, have already received their starters from my assistant Bianca. But I wouldn't have picked you two if I didn't have faith in you guys. So I'll try not to detain you two too long.'

Professor Aurea Juniper gives you both 5 pokeballs, and your starter, as well as a squeaky new pokedex.

Oshawatt knows Water Pledge and Copycat
Snivy knows Grass Pledge and Twister

planswalker
2013-01-29, 01:03 PM
thanks, boss!

"Much appreciated, ma'am." Oro says, eager to be on his way.

BluesEclipse
2013-01-29, 02:57 PM
Rowen smiles, and replies, "Yes... thank you." Taking the Pokemon and the other supplies, he turns to the other young man and says, "I'm Rowen, by the way... Rowen Jameson. And you are?"

planswalker
2013-01-29, 03:18 PM
"I'm Orochi Maru. You can call me Oro."

BluesEclipse
2013-01-29, 03:22 PM
Rowen nods, and says, "Well it's nice to meet you then, Oro."

planswalker
2013-01-29, 05:17 PM
"Same to you."

He turns back to professor Juniper. "So, um... was there anything else?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-29, 05:30 PM
'One thing I should mention. You get 6 free full heals in a pokemon center each day, but if you want more you have to pay out of your own pocket, but it doesn't cost much.'

'Oh, and you need 8 badges to compete in the league. There are 10 gyms, so have a look around. Choose who you want to compete against. Each leader wil give you a reward when you beat them, whether it's a pokemon or a TM or something else.'

She throws you a town map. 'There is a train between Accumula and Nimbasa, so if you don't feel like fighting the triplets, head there.'

She gives a thumbs up and a wink. 'Have fun!'

planswalker
2013-01-29, 05:42 PM
Oro will turn to Rowan and say, "Well, then, where to first?"

btw, Irn, do we have our second pokemon we can start with already or will we be getting it IC later?

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-29, 05:45 PM
Sorry for not being clear, the other pokemon are actually the ones you had before you started, like pets. As if Oro could be without a snake :P

BluesEclipse
2013-01-29, 05:49 PM
Rowen thinks for a moment before replying, "I don't see why we wouldn't head towards Striaton... try our hand at the gym there. Though, I wonder if there are any contest halls in the nearby towns..."

Any specific locations for contest halls?

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-29, 05:57 PM
contest halls are in Nimbasa (dance hall), Virbank (pokewood), Castelia (big contest hall) and Narcene (the musical cafe)

planswalker
2013-01-29, 06:41 PM
"Well then, let's head to Striaton." Oro says. He'll head out and, assuming Rowen follows, head up north out of town.

BluesEclipse
2013-01-29, 06:44 PM
Rowen nods, following along with the other trainer. "So, where are you from?"

planswalker
2013-01-29, 06:52 PM
"Grew up in White Forest before setting off on my own, but I was born in Sootopolis over in Hoenn."

BluesEclipse
2013-01-29, 06:58 PM
Rowen smiles, answering, "So you're originally from Hoenn also... go figure. I'm from Lilycove, myself, though my family moved here to Nuvema a few years ago."

planswalker
2013-01-29, 07:01 PM
Oro smiles. "Well then, let's show Unova what a couple of Hoenn boys can do!"

BluesEclipse
2013-01-29, 10:27 PM
Nodding, Rowen follows Oro out of town, heading out to Route 1 towards Accumula and keeping an eye open for wild Pokemon that might show up en route.

Wild Roll: [roll0]

planswalker
2013-01-29, 10:43 PM
Oro will call out Naghini for company as they keep an eye out for possible wild pokemon.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-29, 11:05 PM
You come across the most peculiar sight. A pink pokemon with a long tongue was picking up another pink pokemon, and bouncing it up and down like a ball, clearly bullying the thing. It catches it on a bounce, spins it round in it's tongue, throws it against a rock, and catches it again, ready to continue it's bullying.

planswalker
2013-01-30, 12:58 AM
Not particularly liking the attitude of the big-tongued one, Oro will say, "Naghini, let's teach that boy manners. Hold him still long enough for the lesson to sink in."

The ekans at once obeys and wraps up the big-tongued pokemon in his coils.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] turns.
Each round the target is trapped, it takes 1d12 damage.

Once Naghini has the bully securely trapped, Oro will tell the little puffball, "Come over here with us. We'll keep you safe, I promise."

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-30, 11:41 AM
The big bully pokemon releases a supersonic sound, confusing the Ekans and the other pink think. The little one tries to run towards your voice, but was too paralysed to do so.

Oro's pokedex kicks in, identifying the bully as a Lickitung, while Rowen's identifies the victim as an Igglybuff.

BluesEclipse
2013-01-31, 01:39 AM
Rowen scowls at the larger pink Pokemon, releasing Demizu. "Tail whip, Demizu." he says, and nods as the Oshawott responds. Turning his attention on the bullying creature, he says, "Just what do you think you're doing, picking on that poor little Igglybuff, anyway? You could've seriously hurt it..." Rowen's tone is stern and unforgiving as he glares at the Lickitung.

CHA check to shame the Lickitung into surrender - [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-31, 08:56 PM
The 'tung glares at Rowen as he scolds it. In response, it grabs the Igglybuff with it's extendible tongue and scoops the pokemon into it's mouth.

From the loud squeaks it was making, the Igglybuff didn't exactly like being in the Lickitung's mouth.

BluesEclipse
2013-01-31, 09:02 PM
Rowen scowls and says, "If you want to be that way... fine. Demizu, pick up the pace! Tackle!" The Oshawott, sharing his trainer's anger, responds by rushing at the bullying Lickitung, slamming into it.

Rowen uses Catch Up! - Uses Helping Hand on Demizu.

Demizu uses Tackle on Lickitung. Tackle - AC: [roll0] v 3 + Physical Evasion, [roll1] Normal Physical Damage plus [roll2] from Helping Hand, plus [roll3] on Crit.

planswalker
2013-01-31, 10:48 PM
Naghini will try to bite the bully.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-31, 11:00 PM
Getting hit from both sides and still trapped, the Lickitung is forced to spit out the Igglybuff and attempt to Lick Naghini. It paralyses the snake and does 12 physical ghost damage.

Quick FYI: All damage I state is before defences, but I do check for evasion.

planswalker
2013-01-31, 11:06 PM
Oro will throw a pokeball at the bully, putting an extra nasty spin on it to bring home the point that such behavior is unacceptable.

using curve ball on the capture attempt. It takes 3 damage, then I get my capture roll.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-01-31, 11:10 PM
Rowen darts forward, moving to pick up the Igglybuff and get it out of the battle. "Don't worry, I've got you... Demizu, Water Gun this bully!" The Oshawott fires a burst of water at the Lickitung in response.

Water Gun - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Water Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-01-31, 11:13 PM
Oro throws it right down the things throat, making it choke a little before getting captured.

level 14, Own Tempo, male, Stoic

and you guys get 350 xp for catching it.

BluesEclipse
2013-01-31, 11:19 PM
Rowen nods at Oro, saying, "Nice catch, Oro... and nice job, Demizu." Turning his attention to the Igglybuff, he then says, "Hey... you alright? That bully's not going to hurt you anymore..."

planswalker
2013-01-31, 11:30 PM
"Yeah, I just couldn't stand watching him waste his talent on bullying. He's capable of so much more. First, though, I've gotta teach him to be polite."

Oro will call out Oroboris and have Naghini and Oroboris stand ready to intervene if their new teammate decides to be unruly.

Once they're in position, Oro will call out Boaz his new lickitung and say, "Hello, Boaz. I am Orochimaru. Now, I know you're strong and felt that you can get away with anything, but you're capable of so much more than bullying helpless pokemon. I'd love to help you learn to become truly powerful instead of merely strong for a bully. Are you willing to risk becoming more than you are now?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-01, 11:44 AM
Oro

The Lickitug is let out, and it looks like it was thinking of starting something again. But it looks at the two pokemon flanking it, and the beating it just received. It decides against trying anything and begrudgingly nods it's head.

Rowen

The pink puffball jumps on your faces and hugs you. All you can see is pink. Seems it's very thankful.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-01, 01:56 PM
Rowen smiles, and says to the Igglybuff, "Heh... don't worry about it... though, tell you what? Why don't you come with us? I can take care of you, and me and Oro here will be able to handle anything that comes our way. Sound good?" If the Pokemon gives any type of affirmative reply, he will pull out a Pokeball and tap it.

CHA check: [roll0]
Capture Roll(if needed): [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-01, 02:19 PM
Somehow, despite the ball giving off sparks and looking like it'll explode, the ball catches the Igglybuff. Maybe it was all the Lickitung saliva that was making the ball go haywire.

level 7, male, cute charm, proud

BluesEclipse
2013-02-01, 02:24 PM
Nodding to himself, Rowen looks over at Oro and asks, "Onward, then?"

planswalker
2013-02-01, 06:14 PM
"Very good. The first thing we will work on is your manners. You'll need to learn to stop wasting your energy on petty things if you wish to exceed yourself. If I recall my other two and have you walk with me for a while, will you behave yoursef?"

Turning to his companion, he says, "I think so. Let me just finish sorting out matters with Boaz."

If Boaz agrees, Oro will recall his other two and follow Rowen onward. If he doesn't seem to be willing to comply, Oro will say, "Very well, there's no rush." He'll recall all three pokemon and follow Rowen.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 12:11 PM
Soon, the pair arrive in Accumula town. Oro notices Boaz was still looking hurt from his fight earlier. Luckily, there was a pokecentre here.

Something strange was going on though. A bunch of similarly dressed people in grey were examining things around town, taking notes and measuring things with some strange devices. The locals seemed wary of them, not approaching them. Still, they seemed to be causing no one any harm.

planswalker
2013-02-02, 01:03 PM
Oro's first priority is healing his team. He'll head straight to the pokecenter and take care of that.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-02, 01:10 PM
Rowen will join Oro in heading to the Pokecenter - if only to have his newest friend looked at.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 01:17 PM
Naghini, Boaz and the Igglybuff are all seen to in short order.

'Here you go, the healing has been deducted from your trainer licences. No charge today.'

did I mention the healing rules to you guys? think I did by I'm not sure.

planswalker
2013-02-02, 01:23 PM
I don't recall them if you did.

That accomplished, Oro will return Boaz. "You did very well just now, Boaz. I'm proud of you."

Next, Oro will head outside and approach one of the grey-clad figures.

"Pardon me, but I'm new in town and I'm intensely curious: what is it you are doing, exactly?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 01:54 PM
The figure looks at you, scanning you with a strange device. Getting a reading they dislike, he shakes his head and goes back to scanning the town sign with it, muttering in a strange language.

'Stay away from them sonny' warns an old lady. 'They don't seem to be up to anything no-good, but they completely ignore us when we try and talk to them. Not sure they even speak Unovan.'

planswalker
2013-02-02, 02:06 PM
"Oh? I'll try Hoennese then."

"Hello, can you understand me?" he asks in his birth tongue.

non-native to Unova FTW!

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 02:34 PM
He continues to tinker away without looking at you. From what little you can hear of his mumblings, it didn't sound Hoennese.

give me an intelligence check to see if you recognise the language.

planswalker
2013-02-02, 02:38 PM
[roll0]

The language tickles around in the back of Oro's brain. He tries to recall where he's heard it before...

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 02:42 PM
Hmm, sounds like Sinnoish, but not the standard dialect. Maybe something older than that? Maybe Oro had heard some in some of his fathers old religious texts, but it wasn't anything he could speak.

planswalker
2013-02-02, 02:52 PM
Hm... they're from Sinnoh? Oro thinks. He recalls if he's ever heard about anyone from Sinnoh dressed similarly to how they are. If their dialect is vaguely religious, they're probably a cult or something.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 03:30 PM
They had some sort of stylised G on the front, and their suits looked like they were made from some sort of synthetic material, so probably not a cult. But honestly, Oro had no idea what any of that could mean.

planswalker
2013-02-02, 03:34 PM
Oro will shrug to himself and turn to the old lady, "Perchance, do you happen to know if there are any notable organizations in Sinnoh that sport a "G" as their symbol? Though I can't understand them, I recognize a dialect of Sinnoish I've seen in ancient religious text."

Orochi just realized how very intellectual and smart that sounded. Maybe a bit of his mother's research rubbed off on him.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-02, 04:39 PM
Rowen blinks at the oddity, looking at the men carefully. He thinks for a moment, but can't come up with any ideas of who they might be. "So..." he asks Oro, "any idea why a bunch of Sinnohans who don't even speak the language here would be this far from home?"

planswalker
2013-02-02, 04:46 PM
"They're obviously looking for something, and for some reason they believe that they'll find it here."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 04:51 PM
The old woman thinks to herself, taking out her teeth and polishing them as she does so. When she pops them back in she answers. 'Only thing I know with G from Sinnoh is that "Galactic Energy Corp", but that there is a respectable company, like Devon or Silph. I doubt these weirdos have anything to do with a power company. As for languages, best ask Lenora about that. She knows about old stuff.'

planswalker
2013-02-02, 04:58 PM
"Would you mind telling me where I could find Lenora?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 05:17 PM
'You'd find her in Nacrene City. She runs the museum with her husband Hawes. She's also an ex-Gym Leader, so she knows a thing or two about battling.' The old woman just shrugs. 'Or you can ignore them. So far they haven't hurt anyone. It's up to you if you want to find out more about those strange fellows or not.'

planswalker
2013-02-02, 05:28 PM
"I at least want to learn about the language they speak. It's tickling the back of my brain."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-02, 06:36 PM
'Fair enough. Head to Striation from here, then over on west to Nacrene. Big building, can't miss it.'

planswalker
2013-02-02, 08:24 PM
"Thanks for the directions!" Oro will turn to Rowen. "You ready to head on?"

BluesEclipse
2013-02-06, 09:18 PM
Rowen nods at Oro and says, "Sounds good to me. Striaton it is!"

planswalker
2013-02-07, 12:46 AM
"Then let's go."

With that, Oro will head out for Striaton.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-07, 11:40 AM
On the road to Striation City, there didn't seem to be many people or pokemon. In fact, it seemed a bit too quiet.

Eventually, you come across a large hole in the ground, dug right in the middle of the path. There were a few loose rocks scattered across the pathway, but you could probably climb over them. Whatever dug this, it was either big, or there were quite a few of them.

planswalker
2013-02-07, 11:49 AM
Oro will stop to observe for a moment. "What could have made this?" He wondered.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-08, 12:47 AM
Rowen looks at the hole, curiously. "Not sure... I've certainly never seen anything like it." Curious, Rowen will peer into the hole to see if he can make out anything.

Perception: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-08, 04:35 AM
As Rowen peers over the edge of the hole, the ground gives way below him and crumbles. He ends up sliding down the side of the hole, coming to a stop about 10 feet down when the tunnel stops going diagonally down, and branches off horizontally.

The tunnels had a radius of about 4 feet, meaning Rowen or Oro could crawl along the tunnel, but not both abreast. The slope Rowen fell down had enough of a slope that he could try climbing back out with a little difficulty (ie, gimme a dex check if you try).

planswalker
2013-02-08, 05:07 AM
Oro will slide down after him.

"Well, I'm far too curious NOT to go down..." he says. He'll call out Oroboris to lead the way and crawl in after her.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-08, 12:48 PM
Rowen looks over at Oro as he slides down, and says, "Decided to join me, eh?" He then looks at the hole there, crouching down to peer into it before saying, "Do we go see if we can find what made this?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-08, 04:35 PM
The tunnel was probably small enough for one of you to crawl through, but peering down it, there seemed to be something with a faint glow blocking it. But you can't really see what it is from where you were. One of you would need to get dirty and crawl on your knees to go see what.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-08, 05:15 PM
Thinking for a moment, Rowen says, "Whoever goes in should probably have a Pokemon out - Hisei should be able to fit in there, unless you think one of yours might be more mobile?"

planswalker
2013-02-09, 02:35 AM
"Well, Naghini is a snake. He could probably even maneuver around me if he had to, and Oroboris is small enough to easily navigate through there."

Oro will get on his hands and knees and crawl in, Oroboris just in front of him.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-09, 02:33 PM
Oro crawls through, and after a few minutes of cramped tunnel, he hits his head off something. Looking up, he sees some sort of compacted mud wall, with some stone or something lodged in the centre. It was giving off a faint light and some sort of heat, but really, you couldn't make it out in the darkness.

While waiting on his snakey companion, Rowen hears something. The dirt on the walls moves a little. Damn, a pokemon was tunneling his way.

planswalker
2013-02-09, 04:11 PM
Oro will grab ahold of the stone and try to figure out what it is by feel.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-09, 06:27 PM
Rowen looks around, releasing Demizu. "Something's coming... look sharp."

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-10, 05:30 PM
Rowen

Suddenly a Sandshrew bursts it's head from the walls and throws sand in both Rowen and Demi's eyes.

+ 1 to AC checks

Oro

You manage to pull it out, but honestly can't make heads or tails of it. Need more light to see.

Roll an Int or Wis check when you are back in the light.

planswalker
2013-02-10, 10:35 PM
Oro will back out of the tunnel so he can get a good look at it.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-10, 11:24 PM
"Whoa!" Rowen cries out, trying to blink the sand from his eyes as much as possible. "Mizu, hit it with a Water Gun!" The Oshawott tries to clear its own eyes, before firing a spray of water in the Sandshrew's direction.

Water Gun - AC: [roll0] v 2 3 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Water Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-11, 02:47 PM
Before the Sandshrew can attack, Mizu knocks it out, causing it to fall out it's hole in the wall and onto Oro as he backs out, carrying something.

As to what that something was, Oro had no clue.

planswalker
2013-02-11, 08:55 PM
Oro will finish crawling out and examine the item in the light.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-11, 09:47 PM
Hmm, was this a pokemon egg of some sort? It looked like a rock, but it was egg shaped. And it's kind of warm. As to what it was an egg of, if indeed that's what it is, Oro has no idea.

planswalker
2013-02-12, 04:55 AM
Shrugging, Oro turns to his partner and says, "Mind if I hold onto this for a week or two and see if anything hatches?"

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 01:13 PM
Rowen blinks at the now unconscious Sandshrew, before nodding. "Nice one, Mizu!" he says, before turning his attention to Oro as the other trainer emerges from the hole. Looking at the odd egg, he answers, "Fine by me. Now... we probably should see about getting out of here, eh?"

DEX check: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-12, 04:20 PM
You scramble out of the hole, but not without getting covered in mud all down your front. Still you got an egg out of it, and Striation was in sight.

150 xp for knocking out the sandshrew

planswalker
2013-02-12, 04:25 PM
Oro will climb out of the hole and continue on to Striaton.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 04:36 PM
Rowen follows along after recalling Demizu.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-12, 04:47 PM
You arrive in Striation without further incident. And it's a pretty standard town, with not much stand out features. It's got the usual combination PokeCentre/Pokemart that supplies rooms and minor jobs to traveling trainers, a garden that tourists can visit, and an old facility called the Dream Yard that was closed down years ago, but still had trainers gather and train there while catching wilds. By far the most interesting thing was the Gym, which was the only gym of it's type. A triple gym, where your choice of starter determined who you'd fight, combined with a restaurant where you had good food and could watch the battles.

planswalker
2013-02-12, 04:53 PM
Oro's first stop will be the pokecenter to get his 'mons looked at to make sure they're in good condition to challenge the gym. While he's there, he'll check out the job board to see what sort of jobs are available.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 05:03 PM
Rowen will look for a friendly battle, not needing to hit the center quite yet.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-12, 05:18 PM
Oro

The job list had a few things of interest. There was a particularly nasty Drowzee wandering the Dream Yard that someone wanted brought in. There was a request from artists from nearby Nacrene, asking for bird feathers to make old fashioned quills. And then there was babysitting a bunch of rowdy Darumaka for the nearby Day Care.

Rowen

Soon you find a young man training to take the gym challenge. He says you'll make a good warm up.

how many pokemon you wanting to use? and any bets or rules?

planswalker
2013-02-12, 05:22 PM
Oro likes the sound of stopping the Drowzee. He'll take his team when they are healed and head to the dreamyard to look for it.

is the job to capture it, kill it, or just ko it and bring it to the one requesting the job?

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 05:25 PM
Rowen nods at the man and says, "We'll see... anyway, 2 Pokemon each, no flying above 3 meters, no burrowing or phasing. ^250 wager sound good?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-12, 05:59 PM
Rowen

'That sounds fair.'

He sends out a strange green pokemon you don't recognise.

Unless you send out something extremely slow, go ahead and post first attack

Oro

Typically, they prefer alive. As this is based on the games, killing pokemon is avoided unless in self defence. You'll still get paid, but they probably won't use you again. If you KO or capture it, it'll be taken away, so it won't add to your owned, but balls can still catch fast, so feel free to get it back however you wish.

As you arrive in the Dream Yard, you find the ruins of the old lad. There was a hole in the wall, where you could squeeze through. There were also 3 yellow monkeys sitting on top of the wall, ready to stop you if you tried to go through.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 06:12 PM
Rowen nods, and sends out Hisei as he scans the Pokemon. "Time to shine, Hisei... Ember!" The Vulpix responds by causing a spark of fire to appear at the tip of one of her tails. The tail flicks, and the spark jumps to another, then another. As the spark is juggled, the Vulpix uses another tail to add a second spark, then a third, until six small dots of flame are being juggled around her tails. Finally, the sparks are all flung onto the two central tails, forming a ball of flame which is then tossed at the green Pokemon.

Ember - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(Burns on 18-20), [roll1] Fire Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-12, 07:33 PM
very nice touch to the attack there Blues. actually sounds like how a coord would fight

The attack hits the green thing head on, causing it some harm. 'Fire moves? Try Rollout!' It responds by spinning rapidly until it gains enough speed to it's spin, then rushes at Hisei. Unfortunately, Hisei is fast enough to easily dodge the attack.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 07:48 PM
Rowen smirks and says, "Not bad, but you have no flair. Burn him again, Hisei!" This time, the Vulpix forms small sparks on each of her tails, tossing them to form a circle. As the circle spins faster, blurring into a solid flaming ring, small bits of flame drift to the center, forming into a ball. Finally, while still maintaining the ring, one of Hisei's tails bats the ball of flame from behind, launching it from the circle at the green Pokemon.

Ember - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(Burn on 18-20), [roll1] Fire Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

And yeah, I mentioned in my background that Rowen would come up with ways to make his moves look good. I have no shortage of ideas, either.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-12, 08:01 PM
The Reuniclus falls down, fainted. It is replaced be a small humanoid creature, which precedes to slap Hisei in the face, stunning the fox pokemon.

it uses Fake Out as an interupt, causing 23 p normal damage. and flinches Hisei. But Hisei is still faster, so will go next even with being flinched.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 08:16 PM
Rowen watches as Hisei takes the blow, and scans the new Pokemon while the Vulpix shakes it off. He then orders, "Alright, Hisei, hit it with another Ember!" The Vulpix this time sets one flickering flame on each of her tails, tossing them up and down at differing intervals. After a moment, she launches the flames up in rapid succession, combining them into a larger ball of fire, which she bats at her opponent as it falls.

Ember - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(Burn on 18-20), [roll1] Fire Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Also, did you mean to call that Solosis? Reuniclus is the third-stage, Solosis is the first one.

planswalker
2013-02-12, 09:24 PM
Oro will keep his eye out for the Drozee as he inspects the wall a little closer.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-13, 09:42 AM
Rowen

Yeah, whatever the first level is.

The little humanoid responds to the pyrotechnic display by running right at Hisei and smashing it's head against it. Hisei gets hit for 18 p normal damage.

Oro

As you try to get closer, one of the monkies, marked by having red hair, jumps down and takes a swipe at you. It cuts right through your jacket, but luckily doesn't hit you. Something about it's eyes seems very off.

planswalker
2013-02-13, 09:50 AM
Concerned, Oro will call out Naghini and direct him to Bite the thing.

[roll=bite, ac 2, flinch on 15-20[/roll] - Got a 20 in the post below.

[roll0] - crit damage: 20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14703632&postcount=23)

planswalker
2013-02-13, 09:51 AM
derped up the ac roll

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-13, 10:00 AM
Naghini chomps down on the monkey, and then tosses it on the ground as an extra kick. The pokemon easily slumps into unconsciousness. The other 2 watching monkeys, who also had a weird look in their eyes, seem to snap out of it and flee in fear, leaving the way open to proceed into the dreamyard.

planswalker
2013-02-13, 10:46 AM
Oro proceeds through, Naghini at his side.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-13, 07:11 PM
Looking over the ruins of the old lab, you spot a yellow pokemon on a smashed rooftop that looks like it matches the description of a Drowzee. Seeing you, it flees down into the ruined building.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-14, 01:02 AM
Rowen watches as Hisei is thrown back from the blow, and sighs as the little fox tries to get up before falling unconscious. "You did good, Hisei... now return. Demizu, let's finish this!" He releases the Oshawott and calls out, "Bring him down with Water Pledge!" The Oshawott lets out a cry, launching a burst of water at the humanoid Pokemon.

Hisei fainted. Demizu's faster than Hisei was, though.

Water Pledge - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Water Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

planswalker
2013-02-14, 08:20 AM
Oro will chase after it, Naghini at his side.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-15, 06:20 PM
Rowen

The little person dodges and responds with a quick shoulder check to Demizu, hitting him for 22 p normal damage. The pokedex identifies it as Tyrouge.

Oro

You follow it down into the building, and hear it run down a flight of stairs. However, when you go to chase after it, you find a large dog pokemon blocking the bottom of the stairs, growling at you. It also had the same strange look in it's eyes.

You go first and Naghini is faster

planswalker
2013-02-15, 06:31 PM
Not seeing a reason to diverge from what worked, Oro gives Naghini a command to bit the bad puppy. He'll scan it while he does.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-15, 06:33 PM
Rowen watches as Demizu takes the hit, thinking, He can't take another blow like that one... I need to end this now. He calls out, "Come on, Demizu - you can do this! Water Gun!" The Oshawott fires a spray of water at the Tyrogue, hoping to bring it down.

Water Gun - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Water Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-16, 03:09 PM
Rowen

The attack hits the Tyrogue square on, and the little Fighting type goes down. 'Bah, maybe we need more training. Here's your winnings.'

540 xp for the fight

Oro

The snake and the dog wrestle on the staire, biting at each other. Naghini recieves a nasty one on the neck, getting struck for 29 p dark damage.

planswalker
2013-02-16, 03:25 PM
wow, just EXACTLY enough... you're good

Oro will recall the ko'd ekans and send out Oroboris.

"Finish what Naghini began." he says, motioning for the grass snake to use grass pledge.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-16, 04:14 PM
Rowen accepts the winnings and answers, "Don't worry - I've been preparing for the gym myself, after all. Nice match, though!" He then recalls Demizu and makes his way to the Pokemon center to have his Pokemon healed up.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-16, 05:11 PM
Oro

The dog chomps down on the snake after dodging the Grass Pledge, and deals 26 p dark damage to Oroboris.

Rowen

A quick wait in line, and soon your pokemon are all healed up.

used up 2 more of your free daily heals

planswalker
2013-02-16, 09:10 PM
wow, talk about a helluva swingy combat.

Oroboris hangs in there and whips up a draconic twister to try and get some breathing room.

[roll0]
[roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-21, 11:52 AM
The dog manages to barely hold on, bleeding quite heavily. It again chomps down on Oroboris, but this time for only 16 p dark damage.

planswalker
2013-02-21, 10:35 PM
Oro will throw a pokeball at the dog, trying to capture it and will spend his shift action to recall Oroboris. She was barely hanging in there and he didn't fancy letting her take another hit if this ball failed to catch it.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-22, 01:22 PM
The Herdier dodges the ball, and rushes at Oro. Luckily, his Cap Spec reflexes allow him to just dodge it.

planswalker
2013-02-22, 03:56 PM
Oro will try once more.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-22, 04:11 PM
Thinking for a moment, Rowen will ask the attendant at the Pokemon Center if they know of anyone in town that does any Move Tutoring - or if she has any other suggestions for training a young Igglybuff that doesn't have any actual attacks.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-22, 08:49 PM
Rowen

'Well, either you could do some light sparring with your own pokemon, try and teach it a basic move through a little physical exercise, or I hear there is an old man who can help a pokemon unleash it's hidden potential. He usually has a picnic in the park this time of day, feeding the Stunfisk, but I've never used his services. He may be worth a try.'

You can either do some light RP training like the other thread has done, or you can speak to the mystery old man.

Oro

The ball flies, and it hits the dog square in the face, absorbing it. Despite the heavy injuries the dog suffers, it still manages to break out the ball, and sink it's teeth into your arm. The fangs rip into you, causing 28 damage.

planswalker
2013-02-22, 08:53 PM
Oro will throw one last pokeball. He'll use his shift to send out Boaz, and will command him, "If this dog isn't caught, take it out."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-22, 09:04 PM
Rowen nods, and answers, "Thanks... I'm not much of a fighter, myself - I can teach my Pokemon how to put on a show with their moves, but I wouldn't much about teaching it how to properly attack. I'll go look for this guy, though, and see if he can help me. Thanks!" With that, he heads out towards the park, looking for the man feeding the Stunfisk.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-22, 10:33 PM
Oro

Luckily, this one finally catches it.

Herdier, level 12, Dull, Intimidate, Male

Rowen

You make your way to the park, and see a strange spectacle. If by 'feeding' the Stunfisk, she meant he was actively chasing them and pelting them with bread, this was the guy.

'Ach, c'mere ye wee scunners. 'Av a tate ah this yin. Get it doon yeh.' The man, easily in his 90+ years and bald, clocks a particularly big Stunfisk on the face with a slice. It shoots a Thundershock back at him in response, and the man trips up just enough to be missed. 'Yah haw haw, 'at's more like it.'

planswalker
2013-02-22, 10:41 PM
Panting from exhaustion, he'll continue forward.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-23, 03:46 PM
Rowen looks at the man oddly, taking a moment to scan the Stunfisk as well before he speaks up. "Excuse me, sir... I was told that you might be able to help with teaching a Pokemon how to unlock its power?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-24, 04:13 PM
Rowen

'Why yeah, ah s'pose ah can.' He holds out his hand. '700 for the service, no refunds. Take et or leave et.'

Oro

Heading down the stairs, you spot the target Drowzee. It had hypnotised a wild Audino to heal it up while the Herdier was dealing with you. Neither had yet noticed you.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-24, 11:19 PM
Rowen thinks for a moment, It'll stretch my funds pretty thin... but it could prove quite useful... and finally nods, pulling out the funds. "That sounds fair." He releases Komoriuta and says, "Alright, then, Komoriuta... this gentleman here is going to be teaching you something useful. Pay close attention to him, alright?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-25, 02:39 PM
He takes Komoriuta in his hand, and whispers something in it's ears. It gives him a curious look, cocking it's eye at him. He nods at it, and passes it back.

'Thar' we go.'

Congrats, your pokemon learned Hidden Power. Roll in OOC for power and type.

planswalker
2013-02-25, 10:36 PM
Oro will call out Old Yeller, his newly-caught Herdier. "Bite the drowzee." Oro whispers, pointing him out as he scans it.

Old Yeller dashes forward and bites the 'mon just like he did Oroboris... and Orochi...

[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-26, 03:02 AM
Rowen nods, and says, "Thanks for the help. Come on, Komori... let's see what you can do with this." He leads the Igglybuff off to an empty area of the park and begins having him practice his skills, curling into a perfect ball and using his recently learned talent to release bursts of pure energy around himself. Rowen watches, muttering to himself as he does, "Maybe if he can figure out how to release the power in waves, rather than single bursts... making some sort of pattern around himself in the process..."

After an hour or so spent practicing with the Igglybuff's skills, Rowen nods to himself and says, "Alright, Komoriuta... I think you've got the hang of it now." Recalling the Pokemon, he will head towards the Gym to see if there are any battles going on - while he wouldn't mind trying his hand there now, it couldn't hurt to see what he's up against first.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-26, 03:18 PM
Oro

Yeller gets his revenge for the mind control, taking out the Drowzee in short work despite his wounds. The yellow pokemon falls to the ground, unconscious, while the hypnotised Audino snaps out of it and flees.

540 xp for the pokemon you defeated (Pansear, Herdier and Drowzee)

Rowen

You get there, and there are a few battles going on. There was a Munna battling a gym trainers Lillipup, while on the otherside a Pidove was fighting a Woobat in mid-air. On the main stage, a trainers was using an Emolga against Cress's Simipour, and was losing despite the type advantage. His 2 brothers were serving the tables while the battle was going on.

planswalker
2013-02-26, 09:26 PM
"Good job, Yeller." Oro congratulates the dog as he recalls it. He'll pick up the drowzee and carry it over his shoulder as he heads back to town. If nothing interrupts, he'll head straight to the pokecenter to get healing for his pokemon and find out what to do with the drowzee from the job.

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-27, 11:38 AM
Something does indeed happen before you get back to town. A man in an expensive suit stops you before you can re-enter the town.

'Excuse me. I know you were offered a reward for the capture of that pokemon, but that pokemon possesses unique abilities. Give it to me and I'll double your reward.'

planswalker
2013-02-27, 10:18 PM
"Would you allow me to ask you questions about what you're planning on doing with it?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-28, 12:44 PM
'We wish to use it to help pacify wild pokemon near our plant. We own a power company, and if we tried to scare off the wild pokemon by battling, it puts the delicate machinery at risk. With that Drowzee, we could just hypnotise them and get them to leave.'

roll me a wisdom check

planswalker
2013-02-28, 05:21 PM
Oro considers his words carefully, trying to decide if it's worth it to have to end up failing his first job to get more money. He'd like a reputation of competence, but the budget IS tight right now.

[roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-02-28, 06:14 PM
For a 1

Oro is distracted by the fact the man has his fly open and isn't wearing underwear. No matter how much Oro attempts to look away, his eye keeps getting drawn to it like a black hole. All thoughts of money are hard to form as Oro tries with all his might not to stare down there.

planswalker
2013-02-28, 07:15 PM
"Um... yeah, sure, why not?" Oro says, offering his hand out to shake on it. The fact that his hand is placed to block line of sight to the fellow's fly is pure coincidence, of course.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-01, 03:18 PM
The strange man shakes your hand and passes you a small envelope with $3000 in it, before disappearing into the shadows.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-01, 03:40 PM
Rowen scans the various Pokemon and watches the battles, trying to determine his own chances of winning with his current team.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-01, 04:05 PM
You figure you could make a good go of beating the Gym Trainer with the Pidove. And what luck! He had just finished his match and was healing his pokemon right this moment.

As for the gym leaders, they were a little out of your league at the moment.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-03, 01:17 AM
Rowen nods to himself and makes his way over to the trainer with the Pidove. "You had a nice match, there... think you're up for another?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-04, 04:10 PM
'Sure thing. Three on three good for you? Want a bet?'

planswalker
2013-03-05, 01:14 PM
His "mission" accomplished, Oro will pocket the money and continue back to the pokecenter.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 09:26 PM
Rowen thinks for a moment before nodding. "Three on three is fine... how about a wager of ^200?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-06, 03:13 PM
Rowen

The guy takes the bet, and sends out his Pidove.

Oro

You make it allthe way back to the centre unaccosted, and get your pokemon healed up.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 04:55 PM
Rowen nods, and releases Demizu. "Let's go, then!"

Speed 10

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-06, 05:25 PM
Demizu is faster

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 05:38 PM
Rowen calls out, "Alright, Demizu... open up with Water Pledge!" The Oshawott responds by moving a bit closer and clapping its hands together before releasing a powerful blast of water at the Pidove.

Water Pledge - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Water Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

planswalker
2013-03-06, 11:33 PM
Once his pokemon are healed up, Oro will head over to the pokemart and buy some potions and pokeballs to help him stay supplied.

10 pokeballs, 5 potions

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-07, 08:38 AM
Rowen

The Pidove responds with a Gust. Demizu almost manages to dodge, but it catches his foot, hitting him for 18 s flying damage.

Oro

You receive your supplies, and for buying 10 pokeballs, you find an 11th one thrown if for free.

planswalker
2013-03-07, 09:36 AM
That accomplished, Oro will go back to the job board and see what other tasks there are.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-07, 02:05 PM
Rowen calls out, "Follow it with a Water Gun, Demizu!" The Oshawott sends a jet of water at the Pidove, trying to bring it down quickly.

Water Gun - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Water Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-07, 02:59 PM
Rowen

The bird uses Quick Attack before it goes down. It hits for 24 p normal damage. If Demizu was still up to get his attack off, the Pidove faints.

Oro

The same jobs you had seen before were still there. Baby-sit some Darumaka for the Day Care. Collect Quills for a pen maker. And the Drowzee was there too, since the job was never completed.

A new one was also there. A well paying job in Castelia. It involved clearing out an old building of pokemon. It promises the possibility of Ghost or Bug types.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-07, 03:07 PM
Demizu falls from the sudden attack before he can get his own strike off, and Rowen frowns slightly before recalling the Oshawott and releasing Hisei. "Not bad... Hisei, finish him with an Ember!" The Vulpix responds by juggling small sparks around its tails, forming a ring with them. A ball of flame coalesces within the ring, which the Vulpix bats at the Pidove.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-07, 04:27 PM
Luckily the fire just grazes the bird, setting it alight. It falls down, toasted. In it's place, a red monkey is sent out.

tied for speed, so you go first

BluesEclipse
2013-03-07, 04:40 PM
Rowen looks at the monkey, scanning it as he considers for a moment, before saying, "Eh, let's see what else you've got. Roar for me, Hisei!" The Vulpix lets out a loud cry which heralds a wave of force that pushes against the red Pokemon.

Roar - AC: [roll0] v 11 + Speed Evasion

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-07, 05:32 PM
The monkey is swapped out, and in it's place appears a black cat. When it comes out, it throws sand at Hisei, but Hisei shoots fire at the sand, turning it to glass and making it fall to the floor.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-07, 05:53 PM
Rowen scans the newcomer and says, "Yeah, this should do a bit better. Light it up, Hisei!" The Vulpix responds by once more bouncing small dots of flame among its tails before combining them into a single fireball and hurling it at the cat.

planswalker
2013-03-07, 06:15 PM
Oro will look into the babysitting job and see what the details are on that.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-08, 11:47 AM
Rowen

god damn dice:smallfurious:

The Purrloin calls in assistance from it's fallen bird friend, and launches a small Gust at you, but the attack goes wide.

Oro

The job is to babysit 4 young Darumaka. You can't use physical force against them, even if they act up, and you are advised to bring your own burn heals, just incase. The Day Care Man needs someone to watch them while he takes his wife for a dentist appointment in Castelia City. The pay is $1000 an hour for 2 hours.

Needless to say, if you lose one of the babies, you'll be in trouble.

planswalker
2013-03-08, 11:58 AM
Deciding that it can't be too bad, Oro will take the job.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-08, 03:57 PM
Rowen calls out, "Once more with feeling, Hisei!", prompting the Vulpix to form another flaming ring as it launches another Ember.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-10, 10:58 AM
Oro

You find your way to the edge of town, where you find the day care. When you arrive, the man asks for your Trainer Licence. 'We'll take it with us. It's standard procedure, so people don't steal any of the eggs and run away, we hold on to something important of theirs. You'll get it back when we return.'

You spot the little Darumaka, sleeping in a corner all huddled up together.

Rowen

The cat falls to the fires, and the red monkey appears once again.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-14, 01:59 PM
Rowen nods as the monkey is brought out, and decides to switch Pokemon himself. "You've done well, Hisei... Komoriuta, time for the final act!" He releases the Igglybuff, watching closely to see what his opponent will do.

Komori's Speed 2... I would assume that the Pansear's faster.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-14, 06:46 PM
The Pansear swipes at the pink pokemon for 19 p normal damage.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-15, 06:15 PM
Komoriuta cries out at the blow, an innocent expression of dismay on its face as it looks at its attacker. Rowen smiles, seeing the Igglybuff's ploy, and says, "Let's give him a good show, Komoriuta! Just like we practiced - Hidden Power!" The Pokemon gives a nod before letting out a loud cry, releasing a wave of white energy out around it.

If the Pansear is Female, Komoriuta will use Cute Charm to Infatuate it(can't be used if same gender, of course).

Hidden Power - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Normal Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-15, 07:04 PM
The Pansear tries to hit Komo again, but can't bring itslef to cos he's soooo adowabble.

can't hit Iggly, and it's not like there's another opponent on the field

BluesEclipse
2013-03-15, 10:52 PM
Rowen smirks and says, "Good job, Komo... now, sing him a lullaby!" The Igglybuff begins singing a soft, gentle tune to lull the Pansear into sleep.

Sing - AC: [roll0] v 11 + Speed Evasion, causes Sleep

planswalker
2013-03-15, 11:52 PM
Oro

You find your way to the edge of town, where you find the day care. When you arrive, the man asks for your Trainer Licence. 'We'll take it with us. It's standard procedure, so people don't steal any of the eggs and run away, we hold on to something important of theirs. You'll get it back when we return.'

You spot the little Darumaka, sleeping in a corner all huddled up together.

Oro will accept this with aplomb and scan the darumaka, provided he's allowed to do so. Since they are currently asleep, he will leave them that way and just watch them for now to make sure nothing disturbs them.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-20, 11:06 AM
Oro

roll me 4d8s and see how long they stay asleep.

Rowen

The Pansear decides it doesn't like the song, and responds by scratching Komo's face for 18 p normal damage.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-21, 11:21 PM
Scowling slightly, Rowen says, "Alright, Komo... blow him away with another Hidden Power!" The Igglybuff lets out a cry, thrusting its hands forward. Another burst of energy pulses out from the young Pokemon, slamming into the Pansear.

Hidden Power - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Normal Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-24, 06:44 AM
The Pansear easily dodges, but is too lovey-dovey to think of hitting Komo right now.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-29, 04:12 PM
A slight frown mars Rowen's face as he says, "Komori, Charm her a bit more!" The Igglybuff responds by giving a charming smile to the Pansear, trying to weaken its resolve further.

Charm - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Speed Evasion, -2 Attack CS on hit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-29, 04:26 PM
The Pansear once again shows why these elemental monkies were for beginners, they were useless. She was too busy fawning over cute little Komo to bother hitting him.

Seriously, these monkeys suck. :smallannoyed:

BluesEclipse
2013-03-29, 04:31 PM
Smiling, Rowen says, "Now for the finale, Komoriuta! Hidden Power!" The pink puff Pokémon glows brightly, slamming a hand down on the ground with a cry. A circle of light flows out around it, Rowen smiling as it tries the slightly different deployment of the attack. After expanding along the ground, energy surges up from the circle to form a dome around the Igglybuff and the Pansear briefly before fading.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-29, 04:43 PM
The monkey stays standing from the attack, and this time actually moves over to hit Komo. But it misses him by miles.

seriously, even the dice share my hatred of these monkeys:smallfurious:

BluesEclipse
2013-03-29, 04:45 PM
Sighing, Rowen says, "Charm her a bit more, Komoriuta!" The Igglybuff directs another bright smile at the primate Pokémon.

Charm - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Speed Evasion, -2 Attack CS on hit.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-29, 04:54 PM
The trainer just throws up his hands at how useless the monkey was being, and forfeits the match.

840 xp for your guys to split.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-29, 05:03 PM
Rowen shrugs, and says, "It was a good match. Thanks." Turning to the Igglybuff, he smiles and says, "And you, Komori... you did a great job there. Way to go!" He smiles, before recalling the Igglybuff and heading back to the Pokémon Center.

IrnBruAddict
2013-03-29, 05:24 PM
Soon Rowen's pokemon are brought back to full health.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-05, 03:33 PM
Getting his newly-healed Pokémon back, Rowen heads over to check for any job postings that might suit him - he could use a bit of extra cash.

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-12, 05:41 PM
You notice a job to get rid of a dangerous pokemon. The job supplies 5 basic balls, and a $1000 payment, but also warns that this pokemon is a strange unknown breed and not to be trifled with.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 05:54 PM
Rowen looks at the posting, curious, before smiling. Taking the posting from the board, he heads out to find the contact for it.

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-12, 06:07 PM
You meet a little old lady outside her basement. 'Be careul sunny, that ... thing .... whatever it is, has taken out 2 Pansage and a Munna from various trainers who tried to beat it in a fight. Just get rid of it out my house. It's sooo creepy, I don't want it nearby anymore.'

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 06:13 PM
Rowen nods, and says, "So, it's already beaten some grass and psychic types... hmm. Well, I'll give it a try... the notice said you'd be supplying some Pokeballs, correct?"

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-12, 06:24 PM
The woman practically throws them at you. 'Just get rid of it! If you come running out, you're getting no money from me! I WANT THAT THING GONE!'

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 06:31 PM
Rowen nods and takes the balls, before releasing Hisei. "We'll take care of it, don't worry." He heads down into the basement, the Vulpix slightly ahead of him.

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-12, 06:42 PM
Rowen can hear something moving about down in the dark basement. A box of soap powder falls off a nearby shelf, and it's clear something is in this room with you.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 06:49 PM
"Hisei," Rowen says, "light things up a bit, would you?" The Vulpix responds by creating small flames at the tips of its tails, holding them up and spread out as much as possible, like they were candles or torches. Rowen looks around the room carefully, hoping to find whatever's here.

Perception: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-12, 06:55 PM
Rowen looks up just in time to see something blue flop onto his face and bounce off of him, landing on the floor and scuttling off to behind the washing machine.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 07:02 PM
Rowen looks over towards the washing machine, and says, in as quiet a voice as possible, "Hey... come on out. I won't hurt you, you know... You're scaring the woman who owns this house - that's why she sent those others out here to try and fight you. I just want to see you... and maybe see if you want to come with me."

CHA: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-12, 07:07 PM
A strange little blue head pokes itself round the corner.

'Wynaut!?!' is asks.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 07:12 PM
Rowen blinks, pulling out his Pokedex to scan the blue Pokémon. "Hey there... like I said, I'm not looking to fight... so, what are you doing here?"

Dunno if another CHA check is applicable, but [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-04-16, 08:47 AM
You ask why it's there. The pokemon answers 'Wynaut' with a shrug of it's little head flap things which may or may not be it's arms, you aren't sure.

It then starts eating a box of soap powder.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-19, 11:03 PM
Rowen watches it, slightly amused by its response - somehow seems fitting. Walking towards the Pokémon, he says, "Well, tell you what? I'm travelling... seeing the world, having some battles, entering some contests, generally having fun. If you come with me, I'm sure we can find something you'll enjoy more than sitting down here..." He holds up a Pokeball, hoping it will make his intent clear. "What do you say? You with me?"

CHA(feel free to ignore this if I've already reached a point where it won't make a difference): [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2013-05-01, 10:07 AM
Irn uses a Phoenix Down on the thread

The thing tries to come with you, but it flaps about a bit too much to hit the button properly. It breaks 2 of your pokeballs before finally getting itself caught.

Wynaut, level 15, Shadow Tag, Male, Dull

BluesEclipse
2013-05-01, 11:29 PM
Rowen smiles, and takes his latest acquisition, heading back up to the woman. "It's taken care of... was just a bored Wynaut. Didn't even have to fight it - it seemed pretty happy to have something to do."

IrnBruAddict
2013-05-02, 09:43 AM
'Ah, good. Now out out out!' The woman shoves the $1000 in your pocket then practically shoves you out her door, slamming it behind you.

BluesEclipse
2013-05-02, 08:15 PM
Rowen blinks as he is ushered out by the woman, but shrugs, having gotten his pay - and a new Pokemon, as well. Taking a moment to look at the Pokedex's information on Wynaut, he says to himself, "Not bad on defense... and it'll be pretty versatile in contests as well. Just needs a good name... hmm... Hanshakyou, I think, will fit." Nodding to himself, he heads back to the park, looking for an open area to work with his team.

IrnBruAddict
2013-05-04, 06:49 PM
You find a nice open area to the east, just outside the abandoned Dream yard.

BluesEclipse
2013-05-09, 09:44 PM
Looking around to make sure the area is open, Rowen smiles. He releases all four of his Pokémon and says, "Alright... time to see what kind of routine we can develop with you guys. Komoriuta and Hanshakyou," he says with a nod towards the Igglybuff and Wynaut, "I want you two to practice together. Komori, try working on some physical attacks - Hanshakyou work on dodging." He mimes a punching motion to the Igglybuff, who after a couple moments watching awkwardly copies it, before taking a swing at the Wynaut, which bobs aside before springing back at the puff. As Komoriuta dances back away, she lets out a pleased cry before trying again, with the same results.

Satisfied, Rowen turns his attention to Hisei and Demizu. "Alright... Demizu, I want to see what kind of things we can do with your water. First off, let's see how many strands you can maintain at once - try and split your water gun into as many beams as possible. Hisei, show him what I mean." The Vulpix creates a ball of flame, before extending several threads of flame out from it. Nodding after a moment, Demizu fires out a spray of water, holding it for a moment as it thins - and then splits into two, then three. A fourth one appears briefly, before the strands collapse into one larger spray once more. "Not bad... if three's the limit, we can work with that. Now... let's see if we can make it do something else. Try and get two of them spiraling around one another..." He continues to work with Demizu to add more flair to his moves, having Hisei demonstrate, while occasionally moving to check on the other two and offer advice. Once Demizu gets a trick down, Rowen has him use it in a target shooting game, with Hisei creating orbs of flame and juggling them as targets, while Demizu shoots them out of the air.