PDA

View Full Version : Balance Considerations for Demonborn

AWiz_Abroad
2013-01-29, 05:26 PM
Hey guys,

I need some assistance. One of my players wants to play a demonborn off of D&D wiki http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Demon-Born_(3.5e_Race) . Justifiably I am nervous about dubious homebrew, but from what I remember, this is race out of Fiendish Codex as well (at work away from books).

Is it unbalanced in your opinion? I'm willing to permit some homebrewing, but I want to make sure that my straight leg human and gnome aren't going to be overshadowed at level 1 by racial benefits.

JeminiZero
2013-01-29, 08:03 PM
The link you posted is broken. The closing bracket is missing.

Looking at it, it does seem just a bit strong for an LA +0. Reduce the score adjustments to -2 Cha, and +2 to Str OR Con (but not both), ignore the vague blurb about Racial Feat (I think its trying to say he gets a character feat at level 1 which everyone already gets normally but I'm not sure), and it should be fine. For direct comparison, look up the Neraph race from Planar Handbook.

On a semi-related note, perhaps the homebrew in my sig might be of interest to him.

Urpriest
2013-01-29, 08:09 PM
It's not from the Fiendish Codices, by the way. Fiendish Codex II has the Hellbred, which might be of interest.