PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Metamagic + Meta-SLA = ? (3.75/3.5)

malonkey1
2013-01-29, 10:32 PM
I'm curious, could Midnight Metamagic be feasibly used with Meta-SLA feats, such as for a Warlock. Opinions, Nerdery?

Psyren
2013-01-29, 10:48 PM
No - not only are meta-SLA feats not metamagic feats, the text of midnight metamagic only affects spells, not SLAs. Meta-SLA feats don't have any of the trappings (like slot adjustment and casting time) that MM would affect.

Jeff the Green
2013-01-30, 03:48 AM
You could allow it, but it would be firmly in the realm of homebrew. As far as I can remember, all of the meta-SLA feats have metamagic equivalents, so you could just make the essentia cost equal to the spell level adjustment of the equivalent metamagic feat.

malonkey1
2013-01-30, 08:57 AM
No - not only are meta-SLA feats not metamagic feats, the text of midnight metamagic only affects spells, not SLAs. Meta-SLA feats don't have any of the trappings (like slot adjustment and casting time) that MM would affect.

You could allow it, but it would be firmly in the realm of homebrew. As far as I can remember, all of the meta-SLA feats have metamagic equivalents, so you could just make the essentia cost equal to the spell level adjustment of the equivalent metamagic feat.

That's what I thought. Well, thanks guys.