PDA

View Full Version : Beer Hat?

Tibor
2006-11-06, 04:01 PM
What would you think of an item that essetially works as a beer hat. You can store up to two potions on the side of the helm and a straw extends down to your mouth so you can drink a potion in a move action (or part of a move action) without spending your standard action?

Doglord
2006-11-06, 04:06 PM
That could work. Good idea.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-06, 04:18 PM
Heh, don't even change it, just have it like a decantur of endless water, but with beer instead. Stick it on a Drunken Master or whatever its called and he has permanent kung fu goin' on.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-06, 04:45 PM
Heh, don't even change it, just have it like a decantur of endless water, but with beer instead. Stick it on a Drunken Master or whatever its called and he has permanent kung fu goin' on.

I think you missed the part about using it for potions, VT.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-06, 05:24 PM
I think you missed the part about using it for potions, VT.
Nope, saw it, just thought the basic idea without changing it was also interesting ;)

TheOOB
2006-11-06, 06:32 PM
Heck, it's not even really unbalanced or anything, there are lots of things that can go in the head slot (headband of int, hat of the disguise....uhh helm of brillance....helm of opposing alingment?) okay, so theres not many good head items, but still the fact that your using your eq slot for a couple of quick potions is balanced.

Tibor
2006-11-06, 08:52 PM
Now the big question...what would you charge for such an item?

Can't make it too cheap or every 1st level character would be wearing one, can't make it too pricey cause all it is really is a container.

Would 500GP be enough?

TheOOB
2006-11-07, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't imagine too much. It's not a problum for first level characters to own, how many potions could they possibly afford. It would need to be a sturdy skullcap with two specialy designed bottles and a two tough, flexible tubes (aka, the hard part).

500gp acually seems about right, maybe a little cheeper.

Tibor
2006-11-07, 01:09 PM
After some thought I agree, 500GP seems too much and potions don't start to become common until mid levels...330GP is where I think I'll set the price limit for this item (it would be rather hard to create in a medievil period).

XtheYeti
2006-11-07, 02:50 PM
This could definitly be a fun thing to put on like some Giant or ogre, put a pair of heroism potions on it and when the heros have almost killed the thing it sucks down the potion

Pegasos989
2006-11-07, 02:50 PM
Well, there is potion belt in FR allowing you to drink potions as free action, still provokin AoO. They store like 4-6 potions. If these head thingies would store only two and still drink as a move action but not provoke AoO...

Toric
2006-11-07, 06:00 PM
You know that thing would become the standard helmet for any dwarven warrior in no time flat. ....Even if it grants absolutely no head protection.

Triaxx
2006-11-07, 08:52 PM
And for the more light-hearted campaigns, you could include:

Feel Like a Man
Twice per day you may attempt to astonish opponents by crushing an empty potion bottle on your head. User takes 1d4 piercing damage.

Tibor
2006-11-07, 09:08 PM
Well, there is potion belt in FR allowing you to drink potions as free action, still provokin AoO. They store like 4-6 potions. If these head thingies would store only two and still drink as a move action but not provoke AoO...

Good idea. You're not really pulling things out of a bag or anything so it would make sense to not provoke AoO's.