PDA

View Full Version : DnD 3.5 Race request.

desero clades
2013-01-30, 01:39 PM
Hello all I'm looking for a race that emulates Red XIII from final fantasy 7, I've searched and could only find something that wasn't A) way too OP or B) the opposite and way too gimped.
I'd like it to be like this if possible.

Low as possible LA, like +0 or +1 if it can't be helped
have natural weapons, they don't have to be strong, but I'd like the option there
Some way to wield regular melee weapons (maybe like Amaterasu from Okami with her sword weapon?) or the ability to have light weapons attached to their forelimbs?
one draw back I thought of could be since they have a beast like body, armor would cost more so I supposed that could be used as a way to balance them out?
mostly I just want the crunchy stuff for the race, the fluff is the same as Red XIII's tribe just in a different setting (it's not a final fantasy setting, I just want to use this race)

Thanks for the help!

Xaotiq1
2013-01-30, 02:48 PM
Hello all I'm looking for a race that emulates Red XIII from final fantasy 7, I've searched and could only find something that wasn't A) way too OP or B) the opposite and way too gimped.
I'd like it to be like this if possible.

Low as possible LA, like +0 or +1 if it can't be helped
have natural weapons, they don't have to be strong, but I'd like the option there
Some way to wield regular melee weapons (maybe like Amaterasu from Okami with her sword weapon?) or the ability to have light weapons attached to their forelimbs?
one draw back I thought of could be since they have a beast like body, armor would cost more so I supposed that could be used as a way to balance them out?
mostly I just want the crunchy stuff for the race, the fluff is the same as Red XIII's tribe just in a different setting (it's not a final fantasy setting, I just want to use this race)

Thanks for the help!

Take Catfolk from Races of the Wild.
Give them Catfolk pounce as a bonus feat.
Remove their ability to wear/use normal gear.
Give them at will Far Hand as a psi-like ability.

That should about do it. Eh?

desero clades
2013-01-30, 03:52 PM
Take Catfolk from Races of the Wild.
Give them Catfolk pounce as a bonus feat.
Remove their ability to wear/use normal gear.
Give them at will Far Hand as a psi-like ability.

That should about do it. Eh?

Far Hand sounds like a good idea but it doesn't work. You have to concentrate, it would give you 15' reach, it actually doesn't say if you can or can not attack just move items.
Do Catfolk have natural attacks? I don't have a copy of that book on me.

CinuzIta
2013-01-30, 04:26 PM
Well, some time ago I created these class inspired to amaterasu. The objective I had in mind was to create a race of sentient white wolves extremely skilled in hunting. They do not have options to wield weapons, but that can easily be solved by:

Granting them the ability of wielding one handed slashing weapons with their mouth
Creating a special equipment that make them able to wield weapons with their fore limbs
Use the dragons' weapons descripted in the Draconomicon (Razor Claw and such)

Here is the class anyway:

+2 Dex, +2 Cos, -2 Int, -2 Wis. Hakus (Haku was the name of my race, just name them as you wish) are agile and resistant but they let themselves to be often guided by instinct.

Type Magical Beast. Medium Size.

Speed 50 feet.

Low-light vision 60 feet

+2 racial bonus on Move Silently and Survival checks.

Special Qualities: scent, +2 bonus on natural armor, bite 1d6, claw 1d4, trip with bite

Known Languages: Common, Sylvan

Favourite Class: Scout

LA: +1

I think the final result is an high la +1...or maybe a +2....anyway, if you want to be sure about the +1 you can easily remove the trip with bite special quality and reduce their natural armor to +1. On the other hand, they'd get low-light vision with no limits (except those of their normal sight)

desero clades
2013-01-30, 06:55 PM
Well, some time ago I created these class inspired to amaterasu. The objective I had in mind was to create a race of sentient white wolves extremely skilled in hunting. They do not have options to wield weapons, but that can easily be solved by:

Granting them the ability of wielding one handed slashing weapons with their mouth
Creating a special equipment that make them able to wield weapons with their fore limbs
Use the dragons' weapons descripted in the Draconomicon (Razor Claw and such)

Here is the class anyway:

+2 Dex, +2 Cos, -2 Int, -2 Wis. Hakus (Haku was the name of my race, just name them as you wish) are agile and resistant but they let themselves to be often guided by instinct.

Type Magical Beast. Medium Size.

Speed 50 feet.

Low-light vision 60 feet

+2 racial bonus on Move Silently and Survival checks.

Special Qualities: scent, +2 bonus on natural armor, bite 1d6, claw 1d4, trip with bite

Known Languages: Common, Sylvan

Favourite Class: Scout

LA: +1

I think the final result is an high la +1...or maybe a +2....anyway, if you want to be sure about the +1 you can easily remove the trip with bite special quality and reduce their natural armor to +1. On the other hand, they'd get low-light vision with no limits (except those of their normal sight)

Yeah! I think I can work with that! I might change the penalties/bonuses to abilities a little due to fluff and tone down some stuff (like you suggested remove trip) and I might be able to get it down to LA +0!

Also I never looked at those dragon weapon, those could super work as alternative weapons! Many thanks!

CinuzIta
2013-01-31, 03:21 AM
you welcome! Remember that, being them quadruped, they have balance bonus and different carrying capacity!