PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's Spell Selection Advice/Feedback [3.P/PF]

PlusSixPelican
2013-01-30, 04:29 PM
I'm working on a Sorcerer (12th level) for a Pathfinder game, with some 3.5e content allowed, DM depending. So, I'm working on spell selection, and this is what I have *so far*. She's got the Stormborn bloodline, if that helps explain the bloodline spells. The spells have been put into spoils by level for convenience and to keep it from being a giant post. My other party members include a Beguiler, a Void-Elemental School Wizard, a Fighter, an Oracle, and an Inquisitor. Anywho, here's my preliminary spell-picks;

Cantrips:
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Jolt, Launch Bolt, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Slash Tongue.
Bonus: Arcane Mark, Breeze, Dancing Lights.
Two-World Magic: Create Water.

1st-level Spells:
1st-level Spells: Grease, Kelgore’s Fire Bolt, Magic Missile, Thunderhead, True Strike.
Bonus: Color Spray, Negative Energy Ray.
Bloodline Spell: Shocking Grasp.
Ring of Spell Knowledge: Tenser’s Floating Disc.

2nd-level Spells:
2nd-level Spells: Eagle’s Splendor, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Rope Trick, Web.
Bonus: Scorching Ray, Wings of Cover.
Bloodline Spell: Gust of Wind.
Ring of Spell Knowledge: Entangle.

3rd-level Spells:
3rd-level Spells: Diamond Spray, Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Ice Burst.
Bonus: Blink, Reverse Arrows.
Bloodline Spell: Lightning Bolt.
Ring of Spell Knowledge: Tiny Hut.

4th-level Spells:
4th-level Spells: Dimension Door, Firestride Exhalation, Scrying.
Bonus: Acid Orb, Black Tentacles.
Bloodline Spell: Shout.

5th-level Spells:
5th-level Spells: Cloudkill, Teleport.
Bonus: Baleful Polymorph.
Bloodline Spell: Overland Flight.

6th-level Spells:
6th-level Spells: Disintegrate.
Bonus: N/A
Bloodline Spell: N/A

I also have some Runestaves.
Runestaves:
Runestaff of the Artisan: (Currently attuned to.)
Fabricate, Major Creation, Mending, Minor Creation.

Runestaff of Charming:
Charm Monster, Charm Person.

Runestaff of Size Alteration: (Lent to a part member, owned by me.)
Enlarge Person, Mass Enlarge Person, Mass Reduce Person, Reduce Person, Shrink Item.

Some other background/probably useful information: Baleful Polymorph is for management of an Awakened Roc in situations where I can't have a huge bird flying around.

I've also got a bunch of rings, including: a ring of counterspells, a ring of feather-falling, a ring of water-breathing, and some other ones I don't remember. I've also got a Greater Hat of Disguise, so I've got Alter Self. Anyways, thanks for the reading, and thanks for the help. <3

DonDuckie
2013-01-30, 05:38 PM
Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see what you want help with specifically.

I assume you're level 12th.

How are you getting the bonus spells? A high charisma score doesn't give you extra spells known, just extra spells per day. Are you taking the Expanded Arcana feat?

I would take greater dispel magic or planar binding over disintergrate.

I would take calcific touch from Advanced Player's Guide for a 4th level spell. Combined with Reach Spell feat, it gives you a ranged touch attack for 1 round/level, that deals dex damage, and eventually petrifies the target. I find the Reach Spell feat is great value for a spontaneous caster.

And I would drop Hold Person for something that doesn't allow a save per round. Maybe haste or major image

PlusSixPelican
2013-01-30, 07:00 PM
Oh, those bonus spells are for a Human Sorcerer's favored class bonus, you pick an extra spell known below the level of your highest-level spell known.

DonDuckie
2013-01-30, 08:02 PM
Oh, those bonus spells are for a Human Sorcerer's favored class bonus, you pick an extra spell known below the level of your highest-level spell known.

oh yeah, right... I was vaguely aware of that...