PDA

View Full Version : GenCon 2013- Be There or...

Lex-Kat
2013-01-31, 01:43 AM
http://www.gencon.com/assets/themes/indy13/panel_title-4e6f320b47bea9fe352538c1dac282de.png (http://www.gencon.com/)

What: Giant in the Playground Meet-Up. Happens every year. Get together. Tell stories. Meet new people. Greet people you already know. Play Werewolf. Play new games people have just bought. Sometimes go out to eat. Fun times for all. :smallsmile:

When: 6 to 7 PMish

Where: The Serpentine Hall. Top of the escalators, near the exit/entrance to the skyramp that leads to the mall. Facing back toward the RCA Dome turn to your right and search for a usually large group, sometimes small.

How: Ride the escalator nearest to the Circle Mall up. Step carefully off the escalator and turn left. Take a sharp turn left again toward the hall leading back toward the exhibition halls. Search for a usually large, sometimes small, group of people who will hopefully wave back at you. Maybe even have a sign saying GitP, or something.

Why: Did I mention the games? Meeting new people? Fun?

Who:
Attending :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
Alejandro
El Jaspero, the Pirate King
Krade
Lex-Kat
Mystic Muse
Nai_Calus
Renegade Paladin (Saturday/Sunday)
Reverent-One
wxDruid
Zherog

Maybe :smallconfused:

Arutema
Kyrian
Makensha
Oddfellow
Thes Hunter
Zeb the Troll

Nope :smallfrown:

KenderWizard
Pink

Events?

Mystic Muse
2013-01-31, 11:25 PM
I don't want to just use a small smily and get warned for minor spam, so instead I'm posting to say I'll be attending. :smalltongue:

Looking forward to it. I'll be saving money up for it this year, since I'd rather go to Gencon than say, get more Magic cards.

Krade
2013-02-01, 01:33 AM
I'll be attending, of course. Can't help but go, really, living in Indy like I do.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-01, 04:39 AM
I already have a room at the

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
31 West Ohio Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204

...with two double beds. So if there is anyone who'd like to share, I have room for two. One in the other bed, one on the floor.

Zherog
2013-02-01, 03:50 PM
I'll be at GenCon again. Like last year, my kids (12 and 11 by that time) will be joining us. I'll be arriving on Wednesday, and this year we're staying until Monday. We figure it beats the hell out of driving home at night on Sunday.

As usual, I will try to stop by a meetup but it's going to depend on my overall schedule. I know I have plans for 7:00pm-ish on Thursday. If something I worked on is nominated for an ENnie, I'll have plans Friday evening. Saturday also has plans around 7-ish. So at the least Thursday and Saturday evenings look to be possible for me to stop by and say hellos and such.

Renegade Paladin
2013-02-01, 04:11 PM
I'm going to the Pennsic War this year, which will eat my vacation time, but I'm leaning pretty strongly towards showing up Friday night and staying through Sunday again.

Krade
2013-02-01, 06:30 PM
I'm going to the Pennsic War this year, which will eat my vacation time, but I'm leaning pretty strongly towards showing up Friday night and staying through Sunday again.

You might want to just get a one-day badge this time if you're only staying one day.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-01, 09:27 PM
If you buy a badge in advance, will it be mailed to your house, or what?

Pink
2013-02-01, 09:28 PM
:smallfrown:

Nope. Went back to university this year, cannot afford the flight and room and such. Very sad that I won't get to see you guys and attend the awesome. I shall strive to scrimp and save for next year though. Please take lots of pictures and post them so I can live vicariously through you!

Zherog
2013-02-01, 09:32 PM
If you buy a badge in advance, will it be mailed to your house, or what?

Your choice to have it mailed or you can get it there. Note that this year they're charging a small fee to deliver via USPS, and a slightly larger fee to deliver via FedEx. (There always was a FedEx fee; the USPS fee is new, though.)

Alternatively, you can pick it up at the convention center.

Pro Tip: get it mailed. The line for picking up badges is outrageous. While they made improvements last year such that it moved fairly quick, it was still a several hour wait.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-01, 09:35 PM
Your choice to have it mailed or you can get it there. Note that this year they're charging a small fee to deliver via USPS, and a slightly larger fee to deliver via FedEx. (There always was a FedEx fee; the USPS fee is new, though.)

Pro Tip: get it mailed. The line for picking up badges is outrageous. While they made improvements last year such that it moved fairly quick, it was still a several hour wait.

How much is the fee? I'm going to get it regardless, I just need to put together a plan, as I can't afford the badge itself right now.

Just looked. Never mind. IGNORE ME!

Krade
2013-02-01, 09:57 PM
Just got my badge. It's nice paying so far in advance because by the time the con rolls around it's like you never even had that money in the first place:smallbiggrin:.

Renegade Paladin
2013-02-01, 10:52 PM
You might want to just get a one-day badge this time if you're only staying one day.
Would hate to get tossed out on my ear when I go to the Friday meetup, though. :smalltongue:

Krade
2013-02-02, 10:27 AM
Would hate to get tossed out on my ear when I go to the Friday meetup, though. :smalltongue:

While that would suck, the meetups haven't ever been in a badge-required area.

Alarra
2013-02-02, 04:45 PM
We're coming, staying at the Alexander, looks like.

Reverent-One
2013-02-02, 05:02 PM
I will be there. I've ordered my badge and booked a room, staying at the Courtyard by Marriott that's connected to the convention center. Though since I've got local friends coming this time, that room's about filled already.

Krade
2013-02-06, 10:04 PM
We're coming, staying at the Alexander, looks like.

I remember you guys saying Zeb might not be able to make it. Is he gonna get to?

I looked at where the Alexander is, and it's not very close. It's not THAT far, but still not close. It is however quite close to the downtown location of my favorite restaraunt:smallbiggrin:.

Edit: Just double checked that, apparently it's not that close. About the same distance as it is from the convention center.

wxdruid
2013-02-08, 10:41 AM
Bought my 4 day badge and made my hotel reservation. Plan on being there unless something unexpected happens. :smallcool:

Alarra
2013-02-08, 08:30 PM
I remember you guys saying Zeb might not be able to make it. Is he gonna get to?

I looked at where the Alexander is, and it's not very close. It's not THAT far, but still not close. It is however quite close to the downtown location of my favorite restaraunt:smallbiggrin:. We're on a waiting list for a closer hotel, but we had some issues with booking our reservation which is how we ended up a little further away. But it's still not that far. We don't know for sure if Zeb can come...we're going to assume so for the moment anyway.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2013-02-13, 09:08 AM
I will, as ever, be at GenCon, and expecting to see a good OotS turnout for the NASCRAG tournament!

Pink
2013-02-13, 09:29 AM
I will, as ever, be at GenCon, and expecting to see a good OotS turnout for the NASCRAG tournament!

;-; The sadness increases. I don't get to play in the last part of this trilogy. Bert(a) is seperated from Dilly.

*grumble grumble grumble about school leaving no money for fun.*

Alejandro
2013-02-13, 10:43 AM
I and my friends go every year. :)

But which costumes to use this year? Han Solo, the Dread Pirate, Indiana Jones?

Zherog
2013-02-13, 10:52 AM
All of the above. :)

Makensha
2013-02-13, 01:52 PM
I don't have a guarantee yet, but I am going to try to make it to GenCon this year.

Alejandro
2013-02-13, 02:07 PM
All of the above. :)

Maybe I will, on different days. The Han Solo costume is the best of the three, mostly because there is no hat or bandana, which keeps your head cooler.

However, Indy's satchel (gas mask bag) is handy for con loot.

KenderWizard
2013-02-13, 04:46 PM

Or go on Wednesday, before the con opens. Still a queue, but it's a queue, not an ordeal.

ALSO, be nice to the people looking after the line. If they're wearing a tshirt, they know approximately negligible amounts more than you do, and have negligible further control than you do over the line, especially on Wednesday and Thursday. Some of them have never been to GenCon before. They're volunteers, and may have signed up twenty minutes ago, handed a tshirt, told to manage a line of vociferous gamers and left to it. If they're wearing a black shirt with red and white on it, they're Captains or Deputies and have much more seniority, but also deserve to be treated with niceness. :smallsmile:

Anyway, it's not looking good for me this year. :smallfrown: I'm busy, trying to do a 2-year research Masters in like 14 months, and I can't afford to fly to the States every year anyway. I'm really sad to be missing it, though!

Alejandro
2013-02-13, 06:25 PM
Always get your pass mailed. The lines suck.

Kyrian
2013-02-20, 08:53 AM
I am a firm "No freaking clue" right now. As it stands, I work in the Circle Center mall. (Free parking!) But I know that one of the other managers wants to go too. So I believe I'm giving her the ultimatum, she gets either Friday OR Saturday, but she's not getting both. Of course, there is also a plan being formulated where I get stolen back to my old store, in which I lose the parking pass :smallfrown:

Either way, my plan is to again make it at some point, with a 1 year old Gracie in tow.

wxdruid
2013-02-20, 03:08 PM
So, a visit with a baby who gets cuter every year? :smallcool: Hope to see you at one meetup at least.

Kyrian
2013-02-20, 04:30 PM
So, a visit with a baby who gets cuter every year? :smallcool: Hope to see you at one meetup at least.

The goal is to make a meetup. And to possibly convince people to visit me at work while they head to lunch :) (provided I'm still at the Circle Center store)

Oddfellow
2013-02-20, 06:24 PM
I'm just a little Pixie in the playground, don't mind me...

Although none of you know me or recognize me from around the forum, I'd just like to say that I'd love to go to Gen Con for the first time this year. Although I'm not from the states, nor have I ever been to Indianapolis... BUT, hey, it sounds fantastic.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-20, 07:11 PM
Welcome, Pixie Oddfellow. GenCon is great fun. Hope you can make it.

Krade
2013-02-20, 09:19 PM
I'm just a little Pixie in the playground, don't mind me...

Although none of you know me or recognize me from around the forum, I'd just like to say that I'd love to go to Gen Con for the first time this year. Although I'm not from the states, nor have I ever been to Indianapolis... BUT, hey, it sounds fantastic.

Never stopped anyone before...

And hey, we still have like, 6 months until then, so it's all good:smallbiggrin:

Arutema
2013-02-21, 04:43 AM
I'm hoping to be there, but I don't have any details worked out yet.

Alejandro
2013-02-21, 10:06 AM
A note for people who love to eat (and are 21, I guess) :

Everything is always crowded downtown during Gencon. One good refuge: walk to the Old Spaghetti Factory, and go up the big wooden staircase to the bar upstairs. There are almost never many people up here, even at the height of the con, and there is plenty of space and good service.

Renegade Paladin
2013-02-21, 10:49 PM
A note for people who love to eat (and are 21, I guess) :

Everything is always crowded downtown during Gencon. One good refuge: walk to the Old Spaghetti Factory, and go up the big wooden staircase to the bar upstairs. There are almost never many people up here, even at the height of the con, and there is plenty of space and good service.
Thanks for the tip, my usual Saturday night dinner party is looking for a new place and having a heck of a time getting reservations. I'll look into it.

Kyrian
2013-02-26, 03:47 PM
So good news bad news time...

Good News: looks like I'm shipping back to my old store next week!
Bad News: That means I lose my parking pass, so no free parking for Kyrian...

Good News: But, since I'll be closer to home again, I can (hopefully) start saving money on gas again!!

Alejandro
2013-02-26, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the tip, my usual Saturday night dinner party is looking for a new place and having a heck of a time getting reservations. I'll look into it.

No problem! Again, downstairs will always be riddled with people. Upstairs, I never had to wait no matter which day or time of the con.

Where in Indiana? Warsaw, here.

Renegade Paladin
2013-02-28, 04:23 PM
So good news bad news time...

Good News: looks like I'm shipping back to my old store next week!
Bad News: That means I lose my parking pass, so no free parking for Kyrian...

Good News: But, since I'll be closer to home again, I can (hopefully) start saving money on gas again!!
I got free parking at the government center last year because their machine was broken on Sunday and the attendant just let me out. :smalltongue:

Thes Hunter
2013-03-01, 02:34 PM
There is a chance I'll be living in Indy this year. (Still have to wait until March 15th to find out where I'll be going)

But I already have a badge, and a plan to request Gen Con week off. So we shall see how things go.

So step one) See where I am living
step two) Ask for time off
step three) ????
Step four) Profit.

And I know the underpants gnomes had only 3 steps, but I'm complicated ok?

-----

OMG Pink's not coming?!! *cries!*

I will be sure to take lots of pictures, and tell you anything you want to know about Nascrag! You are on my dream team anytime!

Kyrian
2013-03-02, 09:10 AM
I got free parking at the government center last year because their machine was broken on Sunday and the attendant just let me out. :smalltongue:

So break the machine on the way out, got it!

Nai_Calus
2013-03-02, 11:15 AM
Nah, park at the garage on Pennsylvania St that's half a block up from Scotty's on the other side of the street. Their prices went up last year, but it was only from 9/day to 10/day. I've always parked there for Gen Con, it's cheap and not that far. Last year I dumped my car there Wednesday night and left Sunday night, 40 bucks to park the whole con. Sure, there's the outside lots, but meh, outside lots.

There's a very good chance I won't be able to go this year. :/ Gonna try, but it's iffy. Right now I'm actually homeless, so it depends on if I can find a place and keep my job, or if I'll have to move back in with my dad, in which case it might well be years before I can get another one. ...Again. Stupid mountain retirement areas...

Al'izh'dheg
2013-03-05, 11:59 AM
I already have my 4-day badge. I'm not ashamed to admit that although I live in Greenwood, Indiana (about 25 minutes from downtown), I will be staying at the JW Marriott. Love, love LOVE that hotel. :)

Do you all meet every night of the con?

wxdruid
2013-03-05, 01:29 PM
I stay at one of the other Marriott's attached to the convention center because they have a garage and I can just park my car and leave it.

We usually meet every night at one of the upstairs locations. I'm getting my nice tax return and although catlover's school starts on the 12th, we'll be there Wed - Sun. I'm easy to find, I have long dark red hair, it's usually in a braid and I usually wear dark colors.

SyntaxError
2013-03-07, 05:40 PM
Hi, I'm just a little pixie who also happens to be 14, and I'd love to come to Gen-Con for the first time this year, but I'm not sure how lone young-person friendly it is, and I was wondering if anyone had any sort of advice on the topic. From the pictures of previous ones, it looks like most of the crowd are much older than me, and looking on our site it seems like most of the family-friendly stuff is too young for me, so.... yeah, anyone have any advice?

KenderWizard
2013-03-07, 06:06 PM
Hi, I'm just a little pixie who also happens to be 14, and I'd love to come to Gen-Con for the first time this year, but I'm not sure how lone young-person friendly it is, and I was wondering if anyone had any sort of advice on the topic. From the pictures of previous ones, it looks like most of the crowd are much older than me, and looking on our site it seems like most of the family-friendly stuff is too young for me, so.... yeah, anyone have any advice?

Hello little pixie! :smallsmile:

There's a big mix of ages, I've seen babies, toddlers, kids, with their parents, young teens, older teens, people my age (I'm 23 now), people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, right up to real old gamers.

It might be a nice idea for you to volunteer, I found that a really good way to get to know some people at the start of my first year. I've found lots of friendly people of all ages who are happy to let someone by themselves tag along. The Playground meet-ups are also a good way to find some people to hang out with!

And pick games and stuff you're interested in and buy tickets in advance. If you've got stuff to do, you won't be wandering around feeling lost.

Who knows, you might meet your new best friends at a game or volunteering or at the Playground!

Nai_Calus
2013-03-11, 11:16 AM
Welp, just bought my plane ticket. I'll be taking a red-eye Tuesday night from Portland getting in Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night, woo.

Now to find roommates.

Kyrian
2013-03-11, 06:16 PM

The group is pretty age-equality friendly (sure, that's now a word. Deal with it.) I tend to curb myself around the group (one bad word and wxdruid had those lightning bolts chasing me up and down the hallway...)

wxdruid
2013-03-12, 10:37 AM
:smalltongue: Kyrian...You better behave yourself, you don't want that sweet child of yours repeating everything bad word you say.

Just wait and see what happens when you're standing in line somewhere and she repeats every single word and the people in front of and behind you are giving you dirty looks.

Zherog
2013-03-12, 03:11 PM
:smalltongue: Kyrian...You better behave yourself, you don't want that sweet child of yours repeating everything bad word you say.

Just wait and see what happens when you're standing in line somewhere and she repeats every single word and the people in front of and behind you are giving you dirty looks.

Having had this happen, I can tell you that the redhead speaks the truth... ;)

Nadevoc
2013-03-16, 09:24 PM
Well, I don't know if any of you know me since I mostly just hang out just in the Gaming (Other) forums, and even there I'm pretty limited. But I'm planning to go to GenCon this year. While the whole con thing will probably be bewildering and draining for a complete introvert, I might make my way to a GitP meetup there.

wxdruid
2013-03-17, 10:18 AM
Hello fellow introvert, hope you can come and meet up with us. So many people is a lot of work, but I have always found it to be worth it. Plus, I drag along my extrovert daughter... :smalltongue:

Renegade Paladin
2013-04-16, 05:37 PM
If anyone's looking for an off-the-grid game at the con, I'm running the Halloween Horror scenario for the local shop's annual Halloween party, and would like to give it a test or three before actually inflicting it on the poor victims in the store's basement. :smallamused: Pathfinder's the system. I've made a stack of pregen characters for the players to choose from, and while they're core (at least one of each core class) + Ultimate Equipment only, I'd like to make sure I haven't missed anything that gives away a free win/solve the mystery button, as well as test for the time it takes to run and the difficulty of the encounters. I'm adapting the old Tarus' Banquet adventure that was the web expansion for Libris Mortis, because it's both appropriate to the theme and has branching encounter options depending on how the evening goes.

I'm not certain yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't be at the convention until Friday evening. If anyone would like to give it a try, let me know.

wxdruid
2013-04-16, 06:02 PM
Despite it being Pathfinder, I'm willing to give it a go. Save me the mage or cleric or some sort of magic user.

On the other hand, Peter Davison is going to be there! Along with Mercedes Lackey! Shaping up to be an excellent GenCon!

Renegade Paladin
2013-04-16, 06:26 PM
Despite it being Pathfinder, I'm willing to give it a go. Save me the mage or cleric or some sort of magic user.

On the other hand, Peter Davison is going to be there! Along with Mercedes Lackey! Shaping up to be an excellent GenCon!
Well, you can probably have the druid, but Pathfinder wildshape is honestly kind of weaksauce. :smallyuk:

As a paladin and rogue player, though, I'm thrilled with Pathfinder. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2013-04-16, 11:16 PM

:eek: Peter Davison!! :smallbiggrin: Not my favorite Doctor, but he's better than nothing at all. :smallwink:

wxdruid
2013-04-17, 12:03 PM
I will be in the authgraph line for the Doctor! (and Mercedes Lackey) I'll be bringing several of my books for her to sign.

As for Pathfinder Druids...they killed off all the fun parts. *sigh*

Renegade Paladin
2013-04-17, 07:29 PM
The druid was a casualty of the polymorph nerfs, which were bluntly necessary. I think they could have done better by the druid than "as Beast Shape #", though, even though before it was just "as polymorph."

I'm actually unhappy with the druid pregen, and will probably redo at least the item build (for starters, wild armor so the AC doesn't go through the floor when wild shaped), and promise to make the animal companion as boss as possible (while not making it a velociraptor, if I can manage it). :smallsmile: We're kind of drifting from the thread topic now, though.

AngelSword
2013-04-29, 01:34 AM
I shall be going this year. I have two, rather large, Castles & Chemo events to run this year, and if this campaign (http://igg.me/at/CastlesAndChemoConFund/x/1596880) goes well, I should have a booth there, as well!

A big thank you to Zherog, who helped make my last one successful! :smallbiggrin:

Zherog
2013-04-30, 03:22 PM
Cheers! Looking forward to it!

Also, we should talk. I know a fair ton of freelancers - including myself - who may be willing to donate some time to write stuff for you in the future.

AngelSword
2013-05-03, 03:13 PM
I feel this is worth sharing, despite (or because) of the fact that it makes me out to be far too excited for Gen Con.

While in the shower earlier, I found myself trying to figure out the percentage of time actually spent at the con, considering sleep & meals. >_>

Zherog
2013-05-09, 11:02 AM
Hey, Angel. I see the schedule is out. Is your game on the schedule, so I can book around it? Cheers!

edit: found it. 16th at 2pm.

AngelSword
2013-05-10, 02:15 AM
Hey, Angel. I see the schedule is out. Is your game on the schedule, so I can book around it? Cheers!

edit: found it. 16th at 2pm.

Yep, RPG1341925: Castles & Chemo Super Dungeon Crawl (https://www.gencon.com/events/41925) is Friday at 2. The Pathfinder version is the following day at the same time. Don't worry about getting the tickets for them; I'll get that taken care of.

The Pathfinder session, by the way, still has slots (the 4e session also has a few slots remaining). So, if anyone's interested, go to the campaign page (http://igg.me/at/CastlesAndChemoConFund/x/1596880) to get in on those. Only a week left! :O

Zherog
2013-05-10, 07:00 AM
I'd prefer the PF slot. I have no idea, actually, which I'm assigned to. I'm glad to hear there is a PF version, since I don't know much at all about 4e.

AngelSword
2013-05-10, 02:25 PM
Well, originally, I only had the 4e version, but since the first campaign hit the "Dual System" stretch goal, things are going to be for both 4e and Pathfinder, anyway. So I figured I'd make a slot for both.

Currently, you have a 4e slot. I don't know if the PF session will fill up, so I may find other methods of getting those filled.

Zherog
2013-05-17, 11:36 AM
If I could get switched to the PF without any undue hassle, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll view it as an opportunity to re-visit 4e's rules and gameplay.

In other stuff, folks here may be interested in this IndieGoGo campaign (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/get-industry-pros-to-gencon) to get some game designers to GenCon. As of right now, for a $25 donation you'll receive 57 PDFs from 25 different gaming companies. I know Christina and Owen personally, and have worked with Amanda. I can tell you that all three are good people who just need a bit of help raising the funds to get out to the summer Cons. Whether you chip in to help get them there or just to score the massive package of PDFs, either is good enough.

Note: I have permission from Roland to post the above link here; I wasn't sure, so I checked in the bossmeister.

AngelSword
2013-05-18, 12:10 AM
I seem to have angered Gen Con. The way that I'm filling my slots is apparently "expressly forbidden," and should've been cleared with them first. D:

I'm getting a, "We'll let it slide this time, but don't do it again," vibe from them.

Zherog
2013-05-18, 09:37 AM
Does that include a slap on the wrist, too. Or just the verbal warning?

Reverent-One
2013-05-18, 05:25 PM
As a reminder to everyone, event reg opens up tomorrow at noon.

Also, anyone still looking for a rooming situation? Had a few local friends planning on sharing a room, but due to unplanned events, I do have a spot (I'd guess two eventually, though I'm not certain about that) now open. If I get up to 4 people as I'd like to, it'll be $50ish dollars a night from each person. Staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis, right near the convention center.

AngelSword
2013-05-18, 06:28 PM
I think it's just a verbal thing, considering this quote from the last email:

Unfortunately, we're not really going to be able to sort this out before Sunday. Thankfully, since you don't want people to be able to register for the event directly through the system, that shouldn't be an issue in figuring out the details.

Also, anyone still looking for a rooming situation? Had a few local friends planning on sharing a room, but due to unplanned events, I do have a spot (I'd guess two eventually, though I'm not certain about that) now open. If I get up to 4 people as I'd like to, it'll be $50ish dollars a night from each person. Staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis, right near the convention center.
I may take you up on this.

Nai_Calus
2013-05-19, 09:58 AM
I need a Wednesday night crash space.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-19, 04:48 PM
The room is $201 per night, from Wednesday (14th) to Sunday morning (18th).

I already have a room at the

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
31 West Ohio Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204

...with two double beds. So if there is anyone who'd like to share, I have room for two, maybe three.

Mystic Muse
2013-05-19, 10:27 PM
The room is $201 per night, from Wednesday (14th) to Sunday morning (18th).

So, $804? :smalleek:

Glad I have a room with my cousins.

Krade
2013-05-20, 03:23 AM
So, $804? :smalleek:

Glad I have a room with my cousins.

I believe it's $804 divided among however many people. Not $804 per person. That would be insane unless the place also carried you around the con in a palanquin of some kind.

Mystic Muse
2013-05-20, 03:56 AM
I believe it's $804 divided among however many people. Not $804 per person. That would be insane unless the place also carried you around the con in a palanquin of some kind.

It's hard to find good palanquin carriers these days.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-20, 04:05 AM
Um, yeah. What Krade said. I'm not asking for each person to pay $804 to me. Though, that would be nice. :smallbiggrin:

Reinboom
2013-05-22, 04:46 AM
So, I have two passes for 4 days at gencon, but I haven't gotten a room or plane tickets setup yet.
I also no longer need one ticket for reasons. Potentially both.

I'd be willing to chip in for a room with someone. Also, anyone want a pass?

Alternatively, if I do end up not going, I'll give away both passes.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-22, 11:45 AM
Well, as I still have only me in my room, details 5 posts above your own, you are more than welcome to stay with me. Krade might also be staying, but he hasn't communicated back with me yet.

Reinboom
2013-05-22, 12:10 PM
Well, as I still have only me in my room, details 5 posts above your own, you are more than welcome to stay with me. Krade might also be staying, but he hasn't communicated back with me yet.

I would gladly take the spot. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2013-05-22, 12:41 PM
Great. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-05-22, 08:31 PM
I was planning on staying with you, Lex. The only caveat was that if my friend (who might not even be coming) needed something cheaper (that I doubt we'd find). Still need to get an actual confirmation out of him.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-22, 08:58 PM
That's fine. I was just letting Reina know that you've already shown interest. I'm not booting you out. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-05-22, 11:47 PM
That's fine. I was just letting Reina know that you've already shown interest. I'm not booting you out. :smallsmile:

I figured not. Four people in the room would be ideal cost-wise, would it not?

JediSoth
2013-05-23, 07:23 AM
I can't commit to any meetups or anything as I will have to be in the Dealer Hall from before Open to Close every day and my Thursday and Friday evenings are already booked with ENnie Awards stuff, but if you find yourself in Author's Avenue, stop by my table and say "Hi!"'

If I'm not there, I'm either going to the restroom, getting food, or at the ENnie's booth (1304).

Lex-Kat
2013-07-05, 04:28 PM
So, anything new with anybody? :smallconfused:

wxdruid
2013-07-05, 04:36 PM
They closed preregistration and they should be mailing badges soon. Saw the new ones on facebook, they're plastic this year. I like plastic more than paper, lasts longer.

Lex-Kat
2013-07-05, 04:54 PM
Yay! Can't wait for GenCon. :smallsmile: I'll be playing in the Red Dragon Inn Tourney. Maybe I'll get better than 6th place this year. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2013-07-05, 05:02 PM
Can somebody show me a picture of one of their Giantitp badges? I was hoping to make one for myself.

Krade
2013-07-05, 06:36 PM
Yay! Can't wait for GenCon. :smallsmile: I'll be playing in the Red Dragon Inn Tourney. Maybe I'll get better than 6th place this year. :smallbiggrin:

Pah! Maybe this year I'll pass the first round! First year I got Dimli and the other guy was better than me. Second year I got Serena (this was before her deck even had artwork) and third year I got Eve. Let me tell you, three people trying to beat each other as Eve takes a while. This year, I'm hopeful to at least make it to the second round.

Can somebody show me a picture of one of their Giantitp badges? I was hoping to make one for myself.

This is the photo I took after GenCon 2010. It's not a great picture, and I probably still have the badge around here somewhere, but I don't know where my camera is either.
Never mind. I can't get the link to work. Perhaps someone more savvy in the ways of pics could post one of theirs?

Reverent-One
2013-07-05, 08:42 PM
Well, remember this post?

Things haven't gotten better. :smallsigh: I'm pretty much down to just myself at this point (technically there's another maybe, but I really doubt that'll pan out). So unless I can find another 1 or 2 to share a room in the near future (and that's assuming Angelsword is interested as well), I may be seeing if I can cancel this and find a spot with someone else.

ohkwarig
2013-07-08, 01:05 PM
I will be at GenCon, but it looks like I've got events scheduled during the meet-ups.

Krade
2013-07-08, 02:08 PM
I will be at GenCon, but it looks like I've got events scheduled during the meet-ups.

There's usually a group or two (or three) of us that generally navigates the Exhibition hall together. The meet-ups are more like end-of-the-day "relax and hang with cool people" where we discuss the cool new things we've seen/bought, maybe some quick pick-up games or a not-so-quick game of werewolf. Dinner at the food court or Steak n' Shake usually follows. Sometimes we sit around talking and playing games for a couple hours. Sometimes it's show up, say 'hey everybody' and scoot because people have events to get to or are really hungry/tired after a long day. If you really want to hang with some of us (and really, why wouldn't you? We're awesome), I'm sure someone would be alright with meeting up outside the regularly scheduled meets and exploring the con with you.

AngelSword
2013-07-08, 04:16 PM
I submitted a new Castles & Chemo event, for anyone who couldn't make it to the live event (https://www.facebook.com/events/453496454714879/).

RPG1352209: Castles & Chemo III: The Bearers of Hope (when the event is approved, the link will go here.)

Krade
2013-07-12, 07:11 PM
I got my badge!:smallbiggrin:

It is very shiny. Gorgeous, really.

Renegade Paladin
2013-07-12, 07:14 PM
Well, remember this post?

Things haven't gotten better. :smallsigh: I'm pretty much down to just myself at this point (technically there's another maybe, but I really doubt that'll pan out). So unless I can find another 1 or 2 to share a room in the near future (and that's assuming Angelsword is interested as well), I may be seeing if I can cancel this and find a spot with someone else.
As of now I have a badge and no room. I'd be glad to split with you, but I'm getting in on Thursday night at the very earliest. I have a friend who's also going and I'm not clear on the housing situation there yet; I'll talk with him and see if we can combine ventures depending on who's got the better location.

wxdruid
2013-07-12, 08:23 PM
Got our badges in the mail today, only about a month away now. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2013-07-12, 08:32 PM
Nooooo! I didn't check my mail today. :smallfrown: My poor badge. It's sitting in my mail box, thinking no one loves it enough to take them from the darkness and into the light.

Mystic Muse
2013-07-12, 10:15 PM
Estimated arrival of mine is the 17th.

EvilJames
2013-07-21, 11:37 PM
Forgot all about this thread. I will be there and I will try to make it to the meet up.

Wasn't sure if we were going to make it this year. We had some group drama that made us unsure of our ability to afford a room and we weren't sure if we wanted to hobo-con it.

Huh in the years that I've been doing will call for my badge, I have never waited anything like that long. Then again I didn't go in 2011 and I understand it was a huge problem that year. Last year I waited 10 mins tops. Which is the longest I've ever waited.
Now waiting in like to buy my ticket at the door like I did for the first two years of Indianapolis and the last two years of Milwaukee, that took a long time

AngelSword
2013-07-23, 01:39 PM
My event is now active! :smallbiggrin:

RPG1352209 (https://www.gencon.com/events/52209): Castles & Chemo III - The Bearers of Hope

Renegade Paladin
2013-07-24, 06:59 PM
My vacation request came through. I'll be in on Thursday evening. :smallsmile:

wxdruid
2013-07-24, 07:53 PM
We should be driving there on that Wed. Will need a ride to the Ba-Con at El Jaspero's house. :smallsmile:

Catlover will be missing 3 days of school for GenCon...

Krade
2013-07-24, 08:53 PM
We should be driving there on that Wed. Will need a ride to the Ba-Con at El Jaspero's house. :smallsmile:

Catlover will be missing 3 days of school for GenCon...

If they wanted kids to not miss a few days of school then they shouldn't have made the year start so stupid early.

ohkwarig
2013-07-26, 04:04 PM
If they wanted kids to not miss a few days of school then they shouldn't have made the year start so stupid early.

My son starts July 31 -- that just seems crazy to me.

Is anyone going to be in town on Wednesday evening? Mayfair (publishers of the Catan series and many other games) is having an event in conjunction with Saltire (a big local gaming store) starting at 7 that I'm going to with my family at the Colts Grille. The Colts Grille is actually quite a tasty restaurant, and of course they have some cool Colts merchandise.

AngelSword
2013-07-26, 04:49 PM
I should be. I always like to do all of the boring check-in stuff in advance of the con itself (and to hang out with best friend*as well), so I always shoot for a noon arrival on Wednesday.
*A friend to whom I may or may not have confessed feelings (o/////o )

Lex-Kat
2013-07-26, 09:24 PM
I plan to be there afternoonish on Wednesday.

Mystic Muse
2013-07-26, 11:31 PM
My brother is letting me stay at his place, which he said is within like a mile of the convention center. :biggrin:

wxdruid
2013-07-27, 09:35 AM

I agree and we'll be there! Looking forward to a great time!

WalkingTarget
2013-07-29, 11:41 AM
I'll be there and I'll have on the playgrounder badge I got from Alarra several years ago to facilitate random encounters, but my standard "GenCon is the one place I get to see old college friends" warning applies that generally interferes with more than brief appearances for meet-ups.

Lex-Kat
2013-07-29, 12:40 PM
:smallsmile: Can't wait to see you again for a brief amount of time. :smallbiggrin:

Kyrian
2013-08-01, 06:15 AM
I should be down with wife and daughter (She's very mobile now, and very much into all of your things) probably Saturday evening. I'd take the weekend off and find a way to pay for GenCon, but I'm already taking next weekend off and I'm now working in a store that has a store manager that's managing two stores... so yea, he'd probably kill me.

ohkwarig
2013-08-02, 12:49 PM
I work about 2 blocks from the Convention Center, so I walked down there at lunch. It has that unmistakeable convention center smell. There must be some powerful industrial cleaning agents at work to maintain that with all of the people and things that go through there. But still... it makes me think of GenCon.

Alejandro
2013-08-03, 07:56 PM
I just finished the droid caller for my Solo costume.

Yes, I kind of have a problem. :)

WalkingTarget
2013-08-03, 08:50 PM
I work about 2 blocks from the Convention Center, so I walked down there at lunch. It has that unmistakeable convention center smell. There must be some powerful industrial cleaning agents at work to maintain that with all of the people and things that go through there. But still... it makes me think of GenCon.

Heh. I had a professional conference there back in April and had the same kind of memory-trigger thing happen.

Zherog
2013-08-06, 09:01 AM
I'm pretty low-key this year, it seems.

We get in Wednesday around 5-6pm. We leave sometime Monday morning. We have dinner plans for Wednesday and Thursday, and Saturday afternoon I'll be playing in AngelSword's game. I also will likely be spending time in the Frog God Games booth, signing Razor Coast products (and anything else of theirs I worked on, I imagine).

Other than that, as of now my schedule is free. I expect some will be taken up by the kids wanting to do specific things, and me wanting to take naps. ;)

huttj509
2013-08-08, 05:42 AM
Hmmm, if Will Call starts at noon on wednesday, how early should I get there to handle the line, but not annoy the Mariott by camping out overnight?

I'll probably swing by and wave ~5 or something. I like that other GitPers will be there, but I don't recognize any of the names (I post rarely, and generally lurk in the role playing forum), and college friends have dibs on my non event time (including one I haven't seen in a decade, at some point he WILL be tracked down despite having a full schedule).

JediSoth
2013-08-08, 07:57 AM
I wrote a blog post about handicap-awareness at Gen Con (https://doctorstrangeroll.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/gen-con-tips-advice/). So, it's a little different than other blogs offering tips & advice for Gen Con. I'd repost the whole thing here, but I did use some language in the last paragraph that violate forum rules (it's appropriate in-context, though).

TL;DR version: be aware while you're in the Dealer Hall that there are people in wheelchairs and they need space, too.

ohkwarig
2013-08-08, 08:02 AM
Hmmm, if Will Call starts at noon on wednesday, how early should I get there to handle the line, but not annoy the Mariott by camping out overnight?

They've said the Will Call will be open for 24 hours a day starting at noon on Wednesday (http://eepurl.com/DdCOv). I personally go sometime Wednesday afternoon / evening to minimize my line time while still ensuring I've got my badge and miscellaneous stuff. I'm guessing, though, that if you go during the night, you'll have no problem rushing through the line.

Here's the flyer for the event at the Colts Grille on Wednesday evening with Saltire Games and Mayfair (http://www.saltiregames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GenCon-SGI-Colts-Grille-events-2013.jpg). I will be there at 6:30ish with my family. In the interests of full disclosure, my wife's cousin is a server there, so I'm sort of biased, but the food is good and I think it'll be fun. I'll have my Elan patch from the Kickstarter campaign on if anyone else is coming.

Alejandro
2013-08-08, 08:56 AM
Just something to toss out:

If you want to take a picture of someone's costume, just ask. However, if you're in the dealer hall, please don't do this right in the middle of traffic, or even worse, in an intersection. Step off to one side. It's much easier in the large, main concourses.

Zherog
2013-08-08, 09:15 AM
Ha! I was just coming to post your link, Soth. Great stuff. I hope your lovely wife has a better time of things this year.

If you want to take a picture of someone's costume, just ask.

Super-solid advice. My wife and I always ask, and very rarely get turned down - and only then when somebody is in a hurry to get somewhere. I'll add that this is especially good advice when taking pictures of kids in costumes. My kids dressed up last year; lots of people took pictures. I expected people to take pictures - after all, they're adorable kids wearing adorable costumes. Unless we're in a rush - not likely - we'll say yes as long as the kids aren't in a cranky mood. (pro tip: even at 11 and 12, kids get cranky when they're tired or hungry. Hell, I'm almost 43 and I get cranky when I'm tired or hungry...)

Good stuff, Alejandro and JS!

AngelSword
2013-08-08, 04:47 PM
Ha! I was just coming to post your link, Soth. Great stuff. I hope your lovely wife has a better time of things this year.

Super-solid advice. My wife and I always ask, and very rarely get turned down - and only then when somebody is in a hurry to get somewhere. I'll add that this is especially good advice when taking pictures of kids in costumes. My kids dressed up last year; lots of people took pictures. I expected people to take pictures - after all, they're adorable kids wearing adorable costumes. Unless we're in a rush - not likely - we'll say yes as long as the kids aren't in a cranky mood. (pro tip: even at 11 and 12, kids get cranky when they're tired or hungry. Hell, I'm almost 43 and I get cranky when I'm tired or hungry...)

Good stuff, Alejandro and JS!

You're never too old to get cranky :smallwink:

ImperiousLeader
2013-08-09, 02:15 AM
I'll be there, running Pathfinder, for the first time.

AngelSword
2013-08-09, 04:00 AM
I'll be there, running Pathfinder, for the first time.

How weird! So am I! :O

Alejandro
2013-08-09, 09:08 AM
I can't remember if I shared this, but:

There is an Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant fairly close to the convention. For whatever reason, while the main, downstairs area is always jammed with people during the con, there is an upstairs area (where the bar is) that always has open tables, and is much quieter and usually faster service.

I'm not sure why this is, I doubt a huge proportion of the con goers are under 21, but: This is a good place to go to eat without having to wait.

Renegade Paladin
2013-08-09, 09:53 PM
I wrote a blog post about handicap-awareness at Gen Con (https://doctorstrangeroll.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/gen-con-tips-advice/). So, it's a little different than other blogs offering tips & advice for Gen Con. I'd repost the whole thing here, but I did use some language in the last paragraph that violate forum rules (it's appropriate in-context, though).

TL;DR version: be aware while you're in the Dealer Hall that there are people in wheelchairs and they need space, too.
If you ever need someone to bodyblock for you again, I'm glad to be of service. :smallsmile:

Edit: What time is the meetup? In past years it's been at 7:00, but the OP says 5:00 or 6:00 and doesn't seem too sure about it. I can't count on being there before 7:00 on Thursday. I plan to gather players and make plans for my game at the meetup since it's the only place I can reliably get people together.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-09, 11:43 PM
I just didn't want to nail down an exact time. I have shifted it to 6 to 7 ish.

Is that okay with everyone? :smallconfused:

EDIT: To be more precise, people seem to float in and out of the meet-ups. So basically, I'm asking people to show up around 6, and that the meet-up time will last at least until 7, before the people not rushing off for events go their own way, if no one else shows up. Make sense? :smallredface:

Mystic Muse
2013-08-09, 11:49 PM
I'll show up to the meetup, as long as your avatar doesn't murder me, okay, Lex-Kat? :smalltongue:

Zherog
2013-08-10, 10:03 AM
I shall endeavor to make at least one. I know I can't do Thursday. I might have to rush on Saturday from AngelSword's game - which ends at 6pm - off to get ready for something else, but I need to verify. I think I should have a few moments to stop in Saturday, though, and spend a bit of time there Friday.

I think my kids are a bit excited - they're already packed...

wxdruid
2013-08-10, 11:16 AM
We'll be starting our packing this weekend and washing all the clothes in preparation. So much fun, can't wait! 6-7ish sounds fine to me.

Alarra
2013-08-10, 01:02 PM
We (Zeb, me, Indy, Fufa) have a thing at 7 on Thurs, so may not spend too much time at the meetup that night. Can't wait to see you all!

Zherog
2013-08-10, 01:24 PM
Wait - why did I think Zebby and Alarra wouldn't be there? Sweet! GenCon just got a little bit better!

Alarra
2013-08-10, 01:51 PM
Heh, probably because I haven't posted in here since February. But yes, we will indeed be there. Though Zeb still hasn't managed to work out getting Weds and Thurs off yet.

Alejandro
2013-08-10, 03:38 PM
Myself and 3 others are participating in the Baldur's Gate dinner/murder mystery on Thursday evening. Anyone else? :)

Alarra
2013-08-10, 05:03 PM
We're doing that as well.

Alejandro
2013-08-10, 05:49 PM
Well, say hi if you see me. I'll be dressed as Indiana Jones (we're doing True Dungeon earlier that day and I thought it would be funny to use that costume on that day. :) )

niks97cobra
2013-08-12, 04:45 AM
I really wish I was going. I'm gonna plan a trip one year. I wanna try and find a way to get my hands on Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle.

ImperiousLeader
2013-08-12, 11:40 AM
Argh, I haven't booked anything, because I'm not sure when I'm working at the Con yet. Horribly disorganized.

Anyway, it's me and two other DMs splitting up the "Legacy of Mana" Pathfinder sessions, so that's a good block of time. If anyone's interested in meeting me, that's a good place to find me.

Kyrian
2013-08-12, 12:30 PM
Sadly, I close Friday and Saturday, so my plans to go downtown are pretty much shot. :-/

I've just had this weekend off, and don't want to push my like asking my awesome boss (there's a giant fiasco at work I don't feel like typing right now) for a switch in the schedule.

Mystic Muse
2013-08-13, 07:00 PM
Anybody who would like to meetup before the meetup, PM me, and I'll give you my cell number so you can contact me.:smallsmile:

Krade
2013-08-14, 01:23 PM
So good news, I guess. The weather is unseasonably nice today possibly extending through the weekend. It's still hot and sunny, but it's not that hot and there's also a really nice cool breeze going on. Hope it stays this nice through the weekend.

wxdruid
2013-08-14, 02:25 PM
We made it here and there is a problem with the door keys... Hopefully they get it fixed soon so we can get the car unloaded.

Reverent-One
2013-08-14, 08:19 PM
Whoo, after several unexpected delays, finally made it, checked in, and badge and coupon book picked up. Now to wait till things get started.

AngelSword
2013-08-15, 12:44 AM
So, it's 0141. Everything's closed. And I am wide awake.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-15, 07:30 AM
Well, I made it here @ about 3 PM yesterday. No problems, at all.

Krade arrived a little after 5 PM.

And Reina..... :smallfrown: We still haven't seen her. She said she'd be in about midnight.

Reinboom
2013-08-15, 01:36 PM
:smallfrown:
I am at the Sheraton.
I got here about an hour ago. My first flight delayed... which put me on a series of standbys until now. I didn't know this until I was at the terminal. And my laptop was dead.

If anyone can get ahold of Lex Kat, please please please do so. I r stuck.

Yana
2013-08-15, 02:10 PM
For what its worth, I should be attending the next two days.

Nadevoc
2013-08-15, 09:29 PM
Alright, so I should be there tomorrow and/or Saturday. Be excited. I know you were all really hoping that I'd make it.

Renegade Paladin
2013-08-16, 07:25 AM
As anyone who tried to meet me no doubt noticed, I was delayed getting into town; work ran late and between that and a couple other complications I didn't get to town until 10:00. I'll be at the meeup this evening. I've got my GitP badge and I'm wearing my "I'm not a Geek! (I'm a level 12 paladin.) t-shirt today if anyone wants to be on the lookout. See you guys around. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2013-08-16, 07:55 AM
For what its worth, I should be attending the next two days.

Alright, so I should be there tomorrow and/or Saturday. Be excited. I know you were all really hoping that I'd make it.

Yay!! Hope to see you both at the Meet-Up. :smallsmile:

tyckspoon
2013-08-16, 02:47 PM
I should be down there tomorrow too, thanks to a fortunate quirk of scheduling at work. Suppose I should see if I can turn up my Playground ID :smallsmile:

Yana
2013-08-16, 05:01 PM
I fear that I cannot find the gathering. Do we have a sign?

Renegade Paladin
2013-08-16, 05:21 PM

You were really early. I'm only just heading down now at 6:20pm local; you can't count on people being there before the dealer hall closes, and then a lot of us get food, so 6:30-7:00 is the better bet.

Nadevoc
2013-08-16, 06:29 PM
Hrm. I believe I'm in the right place, but realistically have no idea. Of course, I'm also extremely late. I'll try tomorrow.

Renegade Paladin
2013-08-16, 08:04 PM
Hrm. I believe I'm in the right place, but realistically have no idea. Of course, I'm also extremely late. I'll try tomorrow.
The second floor of the Serpentine Lobby, which is the lobby at the Maryland Street entrance, where the coupon book pickup is. You're probably looking for a big circle of people playing Are You a Werewolf, or at least that's what we did this evening. Tomorrow I'll be wearing a suit, trench coat, and fedora, so that might give us away a bit.

Nadevoc
2013-08-16, 08:44 PM
Cool; having someone specific to look for should help. Turns out "look for a group of people" isn't super helpful at a big con. Suppose I really should have expected that...

Lex-Kat
2013-08-17, 01:53 AM

Hopefully you'll come by tomorrow today. I'll try to keep an eye out for new people. :smallsmile:

Yana
2013-08-17, 05:31 PM
I think the problem is that I don't know exactly where the location is.

Nadevoc
2013-08-17, 05:38 PM
I think the problem is that I don't know exactly where the location is.

I believe it's right behind the escalators that are right by the skyway to the mall. I could be wrong, though

Lex-Kat
2013-08-17, 08:27 PM
Yes, that is where the meet-up was. :smallfrown: I kept looking for both of you, but I saw no one looking confused that was for us. I'm sorry you guys missed us. :frown:

Next year, I'm thinking of making a flag pole for us.

Reinboom
2013-08-18, 02:43 PM
My new lovely board games are all home safe and sound. I'm also there, by chance, with them.

Thanks for the fun time guyz.

Krade
2013-08-18, 03:13 PM
Zeb and Alarra used to bring a sign, but situations change and they are no longer able to take it with them to the con.

I great time was had (even though way less people showed up to the meets than previous years). New games, old games, Mad Quao, Boss Monster (Thank Reina!) and more. Got knocked out of the RDI tournament, but I at least made it to the second round this year. At this rater of improvement, I should win in 4 years.

Including food, the gifts for other people, the badge and my share of the room, I spent over $800.

It was a good con:smallamused:

Marillion
2013-08-18, 08:24 PM
Got knocked out of the RDI tournament, but I at least made it to the second round this year. At this rater of improvement, I should win in 4 years.

Including food, the gifts for other people, the badge and my share of the room, I spent over $800.

It was a good con:smallamused:

Indeed it was! I got knocked out first round...within two rounds. And the game was over the next turn. I never knew Fleck the Bard was so brutal :smalleek:

wxdruid
2013-08-18, 09:22 PM
Made it home safe and sound with (I hope) everything we brought and bought. Great seeing everyone, enjoyed the meetup times! Hope for the same next year (already planning for it) after I recover from this one.

ohkwarig
2013-08-19, 07:46 AM
Sorry I missed everyone this year. I did see druid and Catlover, but Catlover was taking a picture in costume (good costume) and I didn't want to bother you two.

I do think a sign is appropriate because the Serpentine Hall is no longer labeled as such. We'll figure something out next year.

:smallsigh: 360 days until GenCon...

Lex-Kat
2013-08-19, 01:23 PM
Well, I got home with all my stuffs, safe & sound.

Next year, I will bring a sign. As I stated earlier, I'm thinking of a flagpole staff and I'll place a banner on it so everyone can see us, hopefully.

wxdruid
2013-08-19, 04:43 PM
You shouldn't have worried, I always enjoy meeting other playgrounders! Next year? Yes, more playgrounders and more GenCon!

Matched Kendra's new little kitty with your previous gift Lex-Kat, they look so cute together. Put my new one with the other ones, and they look good in the cabinet. :smallcool:

AngelSword
2013-08-19, 10:14 PM
Just got home ^(x_x)^

More detailed post later. ::fwumph::

Alarra
2013-08-20, 10:20 AM
Yes, that is where the meet-up was. :smallfrown: I kept looking for both of you, but I saw no one looking confused that was for us. I'm sorry you guys missed us. :frown:

Next year, I'm thinking of making a flag pole for us.

Yes, we have a sign. Currently it's stuck somewhere in our storage unit though. I'll see if I can get it there with me next year and then maybe pass it on to someone that drives to the con and they can bring it along with them.

EvilJames
2013-08-21, 01:01 AM
Made it home Sunday night but had to work Monday morning as well as Monday night and Tuesday morning and Tuesday night so I haven't had time to take stock of things or even really go over all my loot.
All in all good con. Much better than last year. Last year was probably the crappiest con I had attended in all my long years. This year was good and all is right with the world again. I missed the meet ups once again. I'll try again next year. This year my wife and I tended to be busy about that time each night. I did manage to do the brew bus tour this year. unfortunately I ended up with a headache starting before I left and it ballooned into a huge migraine, on the bus, which severely dampened my ability to enjoy any drinking. :smallannoyed:

AngelSword
2013-08-21, 09:36 AM
Here is my Gen Con 2013 (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151670248215983.1073741826.733365982&type=1&l=51bdee91dd) photo album.

EvilJames
2013-08-21, 02:01 PM
@Angelsword Picture three, the guy in the front of the picture walking towards you is a friend of mine. That would have been mere moments before my wife and I would have arrived to get our badges.

The line was crazy long to get your badge if you went in the afternoon (so why would you really?) but it was less than five minutes to get our badges when we went in the evening.

AngelSword
2013-08-21, 04:03 PM
@Angelsword Picture three, the guy in the front of the picture walking towards you is a friend of mine. That would have been mere moments before my wife and I would have arrived to get our badges.

The line was crazy long to get your badge if you went in the afternoon (so why would you really?) but it was less than five minutes to get our badges when we went in the evening.

That picture was taken at roughly 0200, and was pretty full there (in terms of the physical space marked out for the queue). So I greatly appreciate the thought to have my badge mailed to me.

EvilJames
2013-08-21, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure what 0200 means but if the line was longer than five minutes then it must not be the time I thought it was. I just don't like the idea of risking my badge to the mail. I started doing will call after Gen Con couldn't manage to get my badge to me and it was sent to Will call instead. (They didn't put my apartment number on address for some reason)

Either way it's funny that you got a picture of one of my gaming group. I'll have to direct him to this thread.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-22, 01:47 AM
0200 is 2 AM. :smallsmile:

EvilJames
2013-08-22, 09:12 AM
thank you lex-cat. Then it definitely was not the time I was there. I was there around 9 pm and the line was very short. The line was very long at 4pm when i first arrived but i don't like waiting in long lines so i went back when the line went down. Must have been a bunch of people trying to get there badge late.

Renegade Paladin
2013-08-25, 10:17 AM
Yes, we have a sign. Currently it's stuck somewhere in our storage unit though. I'll see if I can get it there with me next year and then maybe pass it on to someone that drives to the con and they can bring it along with them.
I'd be glad to take it, but I can't guarantee attending every single year since it usually conflicts with the Pennsic War, which I go to on even-numbered years. (This year the war was displaced by a large fireworks convention, so I got to do both.)

Lex-Kat
2013-08-25, 11:06 AM
I'd think Krade or maybe another local would be a safe bet. Whoever it is, they must be willing to hold onto it, and able to go to the beginning of the Meet-Ups.

Krade
2013-08-25, 11:39 PM
I'd think Krade or maybe another local would be a safe bet. Whoever it is, they must be willing to hold onto it, and able to go to the beginning of the Meet-Ups.

Yeah, I could take it. I'm the only local that consistently has the funds to go AND isn't constantly busy with other stuff (El J).