PDA

View Full Version : I should get some sleep: Cha and Armor.

Snowbluff
2013-01-31, 03:11 AM
So I came to a weird realization. I do this often at late hours of the night. After reading Ascetic Mage again, I put this together.

Saint Gloura Monk1

Ascetic Mage as a feat (Gloura + Monk qualifies you).

Your Saint Insight AC bonus is wisdom. According to Ascetic Mage, Monk is only 1 kind of AC you can replace with Cha. Enjoy your Cha to AC, Insight AC, and Deflection AC.

You can even pick up Ascetic Knight and do some paladin for Cha to Saves.

Unseelie would let you penalize other people's AC's with your Cha.

In short, Cha is really easy to optimize. This isn't exactly news. I should stop typing and go to sleep.:smalltongue:

Do you guys ever get weird DnD ideas in the middle of the nice.

Azoth
2013-01-31, 04:35 AM
Just most of my character concepts.

Usually, episodes of insomnia lead me to developing most of my castle's/dungeons. Those are always horrible to try and go through. Gotta love Grimtooth's traps, the second Grimtooth book, Stronghold Builder's Guide, Kobolds...and 3 days without sleep. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Flickerdart
2013-01-31, 05:00 AM
Saint and Gloura together put you at ECL11, so having a big fat AC doesn't really make up for your lousy casting (3rd level spells at level 12?) or alarmingly low HP.

Azoth
2013-01-31, 05:18 AM
On the build though, monk1/cleric7/PRC paladin2/Enlightened Fist10 would be better. Especially with a lesser assimar saint. Buy off Saint LA and use ascetic monk + the feat from bastards and bloodlines to change your Cleric casting to Cha. Go Cha SAD for AC/Saves/Spells+DC's and you get pretty sizeable TU pool for fueling divine feats. You lose I think only 2 CL's so not that bad overall, but far from optimal.

Though for fun LA+0 Cha shenanigans use a Spark Unseelie Fey Lesser Assimar. +6Cha +2 Dex -2Str -2Con.

Greenish
2013-01-31, 05:24 AM
the feat from bastards and bloodlines to change your Cleric casting to Cha.Alternatively, Serenity from Dragon Magazine Compendium lets you use Wis for Divine Grace (and other stuff), saving you a feat. Of course, then you'd be based on Wis, not Cha.

Azoth
2013-01-31, 06:18 AM
Then you just change the race to Anthropormophic Bat...and well make things cry worse.

On the Cha kick and the race I posted, Unseelie Fey changes you to a Fey type. This qualifies you for Charming the Arrow feat (Cha to hit for bows). If you can get a Str13 somehow (we all know ways), grab Power Attack and Divine Might to burn TU uses for Cha to damage for all your attacks for a round. Then just stand back and make enemies cry from beyond charge range.

Snowbluff
2013-01-31, 08:28 AM
Saint and Gloura together put you at ECL11, so having a big fat AC doesn't really make up for your lousy casting (3rd level spells at level 12?) or alarmingly low HP.

The LA is buyable, and you are a level from qualifying for sublime chord.