PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e]Best Route To Go With My Wizard

Sayren-Hai
2013-01-31, 09:01 AM
Hi all,

I've been playing this char for a while and was just wondering what the best route for him to go was?

Wizard 9th CG
Human

Str: 13
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 22
Wis: 10
Cha: 9

Feats:Empower Spell
Spell Penetration
Improved Intiative
Split Ray
Sudden Maximise
Spell Focus: Necromancy

I am currently close to 10th level and considering Metamagic School Focus: Necromancy from the Complete Mage book.

Main reason for Necro focus, I'm enjoying the use of ray of enfeeblement, bestow curse, and will be using enervation and finger of death soon too.

Any advice, bare in mind I do have access to the usual spells such as fireball, scorching ray, alter self, fly and haste.

Thanks Guys
Sayren

Psyren
2013-01-31, 11:30 AM
You have nice dex - if you're liking the rays route, you could dip Rogue and head into Spellwarp Sniper/Unseen Seer/Arcane Trickster. This would let you add even more damage on top of your spells themselves, and you could become a decent skillmonkey as well.

Edenbeast
2013-01-31, 12:24 PM
If you like rays:
I'm guessing you have more than 8 ranks in both concentration and spellcraft. You could pick up one level of rogue, the point blank shot feat, and you qualify for the spellwarp sniper, a 5 level prestige class focussed on ray damage with full spellcasting progression (can be found the Complete Scoundrel). You get the spellwarp ability allowing your area spells like fireball to be cast in ray form. You get sudden raystrike that stacks with sneak attack within 30ft. Precise shot as bonus feat, and Ray Mastery in the end so you can do raystrikes within 60ft and allows you to use empower spell 1/day without adjusting level and casting time.

Slipperychicken
2013-01-31, 12:36 PM
If you like Necromancy and think you can get away with it, keeping a scroll of Animate Dead (only 1500gp for CL10. Potentially scores you a 20HD undead) will be veery nice if you kill any big scary things like Dragons. Yeah, 1500gp for 20HD of undead minion is a pretty good deal. Should be able to heal it fine with a wand of Inflict Light Wounds or a casting of Black Sand.