PDA

View Full Version : I need help with feats & future planning <warlock>

iamwardicus
2013-01-31, 11:41 AM
Well, I've been out of the gaming scene for several years and a friend of mine said he was going to start running a 3rd edition (3.0 / 3.5 as we have references) game. The following is my information with the build I'm sort of planning (assuming he survives). I'm just not sure on what feats to select to get the most out of it. I'm going to switch between glaivelocking & blasting on an as needed basis, as well as occasionally being a party face.

planned build: Binder 1/ Warlock ?/ Hellfire Warlock ? / ?????

I thought about cleric -> Eldritch Disciple, however no wisdom score scratches that idea... Sorcerer is a possibility however I would lose more caster levels than I would prefer. I'm hoping folks could post some ideas for me :)

Alignment Neutral Good (talked DM into allowing it as part of Evil Exemption)
Race: <Draconic Template> Hellbred (Body Aspect - planning on using the Devil Touched feats for the per day use abilities) (not sure if DM is allowing LA buyoff, I'm hoping he does.... otherwise I'll be a level short)

Currently: Binder1 (1800xp @ ecl2 - we roleplayed the other night and DM gave out xp for the session, everyone else is obviously level 2)

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 18 (+4)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Skill points I've also not allocated yet, but since I only have 8 of them at first level it should be fast enough to do.

Thank you for any advice & discussion with my long term planning.

Also some back story (I used one that someone else posted as I thought it was amazing, and my DM said it was interesting...

Now then, current history... I am from a small mining town, where most folk are your average hardworking commoner. There was a small and nearly unknown cult there though that practiced dark magics, and according to one of their seers I was marked for being a Binder. I was forced to study their ways and kept under constant observation and eventually they realized I didn't want to turn to their evil ways. Thankfully the cult was sloppy in covering their tracks and an adventuring paladin and his company traced something to this cult and destroyed it, saving me as a prisoner, and I am fortunate to have been rescued from the places where I was kept. I take no joy in what I had to learn to do, and I'm hoping that I can find some other way to use my powers to perhaps redeem myself and my cursed soul.

I now live in the frozen tundra, attempting to find out what other arcane abilities I may have and trying to just survive. I have the strange appearance of an elf with various demonic features. Thankfully due to my ability to bind outside powers to myself I found a cunning soul that allows me to disguise myself and avoid most confrontations that would arise over my appearance.

True Appearance: Adimarcus has smooth red skin with elongated and almost claw-like nails. His eyes glow infernal red. He has long silver hair and a small pointed tail. He uses the powers of Naberius to disguise the red glow of his eyes and the scars upon his back. He doesn't mind the elongated nails and keeps them well groomed. Those that he interacts with know that he is hiding something, however his actions are in the cause of good. Occasionally he will have days where he is overly talkative, cuts off others s peach, and mocks others. He seems almost bi-polar those days but even with the random outbursts he is usually pleasant enough to deal with.