PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade/craft equipment using souls?

Drizzcon
2013-01-31, 01:57 PM
My group plays a homebrew (3.5/pathfinder/little bit 4e). And I'm looking for some sort of rules or ideas for crafting with souls or upgrading armor with them. I think I read something about it before but I can't find where. If anyone could direct me to where to find the information it would be much appreciated

JaronK
2013-01-31, 02:01 PM
BoVD has rules for this, but they're not very interesting... souls just lower the exp cost by a trivial amount. You'd need hundreds of them to have even the slightest effect.

JaronK

Fouredged Sword
2013-01-31, 03:48 PM
Turns out your average commoner is worth about 25gp for his soul. Shows the value of life in the DND rule set.

Elderand
2013-01-31, 03:50 PM
The smart BBEG knows he is better of sacrificing the peoples to his god in a ritual in exchange for dark experience points than use their soul directly himself.

The very smart BBEG does both

Crake
2013-01-31, 04:51 PM
The smart BBEG knows he is better of sacrificing the peoples to his god in a ritual in exchange for dark experience points than use their soul directly himself.

The very smart BBEG does both

Assuming a sacrifice can only get you one of the two, wouldn't the very smart one do that which would yield the highest level of efficiency rather than both?

Elderand
2013-01-31, 04:53 PM
Well I was thinking of sacrificing someone and taking their soul as they lay dying for further use, now of course if dark gods require the soul rathe rthan just killing the person, you do the sacrifice.

And then you reanimate the body to serve in your undead army, because even BBEG can recycle

Doorhandle
2013-01-31, 05:10 PM
My group plays a homebrew (3.5/pathfinder/little bit 4e). And I'm looking for some sort of rules or ideas for crafting with souls or upgrading armor with them. I think I read something about it before but I can't find where. If anyone could direct me to where to find the information it would be much appreciated

On the pathfidner side, the book(s) of the dammed have rules on this, more specifically, the book on daemons, horsemen of the apocalypse.

Granted, It's still not a great exchange-rate. 1 basic soul = 100gp, and even a mighty soul that isn't priceless (like the average great wyrm) is only 1000gp's worth.

herrhauptmann
2013-01-31, 05:17 PM
And then you reanimate the body to serve in your undead army, because even BBEG can recycle
Reduce, reuse, reanimate?

Elderand
2013-01-31, 05:27 PM

And should you have no other means of immortality , cast steal life on the target prior to sacrifice. Also mindrape and lover pain because why waste a chance to hurt your enemies right ?

Get young, get xp, get minion.

An economical approach to BBEGing

Madara
2013-01-31, 05:29 PM
As you wish (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/souldrinker)

not only is it offical, its also on the SRD. :smallsmile:

Erik Vale
2013-01-31, 05:36 PM

Yeah, but maximum numbers are somewhat limited with reanimation. Doesn't stop them being used as fertaliser, warnings, and art.

Anyhow, I'm off to work on a necromancy guild.

Unusual Muse
2013-01-31, 05:57 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you could always use the core rules for Intelligent Items.

Drizzcon
2013-02-01, 12:01 AM
Thanks for all the quick replies, it will give me plenty of stuff to search through. If anyone comes up with anything else please post it I will be checking back to this thread for a while.

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-01, 12:43 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20050118a

You can use the souls while they are attached to the people, I suppose...