PDA

View Full Version : Kanto: The Fighter

Arcran
2013-01-31, 07:28 PM
The old woman isn't at the store; only the old man. It must be her day off.

Trying to glean details about what happened doesn't help you much. You manage to find out that the Pikachu shocked somebody before fleeing.

Eventually he waves the guard away, looking to you.

"Oh, food! Right!" he says, heading into back. He returns, a brown paper bag full of food for the Squirtle and an armful of loaves for you.

"Have a great day!" he says enthusiastically, happily taking the money as he hands over the bread.

MintyNinja
2013-01-31, 09:50 PM
Dominic collects his goods and decides not to ask about the Pikachu. It wasn't any of his business and what little he knew warned him that Electric types are dangerous for Water types. He walks briskly back to Oak's Lab, eager to be off but curious about the man's mission for him.

Arcran
2013-01-31, 10:01 PM
Dominic collects his goods and decides not to ask about the Pikachu. It wasn't any of his business and what little he knew warned him that Electric types are dangerous for Water types. He walks briskly back to Oak's Lab, eager to be off but curious about the man's mission for him.

Oak is currently talking to his grandson, Gary, explaining about the theft of the Pikachu. The Pikachu somehow returned back to the lab, so it must have escaped.

Ah, Dominic! he says, looking to you. The Pokeball for Gary's Pikachu seems to still be in the possession of the thief. Without it, Gary cannot return his Pokemon which will likely prove to be a problem in the future. I am tasking you with hunting the thief down and recovering the Pokeball, Oak says simply. Could you do me this small favor?

Gramps, I could-

No. Until you have a Pokeball, you're staying in town.

Gary sits down angrily, crossing his arms.

MintyNinja
2013-01-31, 10:59 PM
The dots finally connect and Dominic realizes the significance of the Pikachu incident at Alfred's Bakery. "That Pikachu... I think the thief went to the same bakery I just returned from. The owner was talking to a Guard about the incident, all I could hear was that this little guy fought back as soon as he could," Dominic says while indicating the yellow pokemon. "I guess I could go back there and ask around. Any other advice?"

Arcran
2013-01-31, 11:03 PM
The dots finally connect and Dominic realizes the significance of the Pikachu incident at Alfred's Bakery. "That Pikachu... I think the thief went to the same bakery I just returned from. The owner was talking to a Ranger about the incident, all I could hear was that this little guy fought back as soon as he could," Dominic says while indicating the yellow pokemon. "I guess I could go back there and ask around. Any other advice?"

Guard, not Ranger. Big difference.

If I know criminals, he probably skipped town. Viridian is my guess. If he's not here, that's where I'd look first.

MintyNinja
2013-01-31, 11:16 PM
"That's a good idea. If I find the guy there I'll leave the ball with your contact. That should get it back to you soon enough," Dominic ponders his plan for a moment. "I'll still have to check out the Bakery, I never got a look at the guy and maybe Alfred could give me a description." Looking down at Gary, he adds, "Don't worry, kid. That thief won't get away with this."

With no other matters to attend to here, Dominic returns to Alfred's Bakery. He approaches the old man with a warm smile and asks, "I was just in here and I couldn't help hearing about the Pikachu incident. I was just wondering if you could describe the young man to me. You see, he has something that belongs to Professor Oak, and I've been asked to return it."

Charm, IF needed. [roll0]

Arcran
2013-01-31, 11:55 PM
"That's a good idea. If I find the guy there I'll leave the ball with your contact. That should get it back to you soon enough," Dominic ponders his plan for a moment. "I'll still have to check out the Bakery, I never got a look at the guy and maybe Alfred could give me a description." Looking down at Gary, he adds, "Don't worry, kid. That thief won't get away with this."

With no other matters to attend to here, Dominic returns to Alfred's Bakery. He approaches the old man with a warm smile and asks, "I was just in here and I couldn't help hearing about the Pikachu incident. I was just wondering if you could describe the young man to me. You see, he has something that belongs to Professor Oak, and I've been asked to return it."

Charm, IF needed. [roll0]

"Oh, yes!" the kindly old man says. "He was short, thin. He looked young. Dark clothes. Real shifty lookin' face. No surprise he's a crook. You'll catch him, right?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 12:04 AM
"Thank you, sir. This information will be very useful. And yes, I plan to catch him. If he resists, I'll teach him not to," Dominic adds this final line with a grim assertiveness. The welfare of the thief was of no concern to him, but Dominic would get that ball back for Oak. With his new information, the large, young man approaches the north gate, intending to take Oak's advice about Viridian City.

Arcran
2013-02-01, 12:06 AM
"Thank you, sir. This information will be very useful. And yes, I plan to catch him. If he resists, I'll teach him not too," Dominic adds this final line with a grim assertiveness. The welfare of the thief was of no concern to him, but Dominic would get that ball back for Oak. With his new information, the large, young man approaches the north gate, intending to take Oak's advice about Viridian City.

When you approach the gates, a guard stops you.

"Business in leaving the city?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 12:09 AM
"I'm on official business for Professor Oak. I've got a pokemon from him earlier, and I need to get to Viridian by tonight," Dominic says as he shows the guard Nepto's ball.

Arcran
2013-02-01, 12:12 AM
"I'm on official business for Professor Oak. I've got a pokemon from him earlier, and I need to get to Viridian by tonight," Dominic says as he shows the guard Nepto's ball.

The guard nods, moving aside and allowing you to pedal out of the town.

Athletics and Perception.

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 12:16 AM
Dominic unfolds his Bike and begins pedaling towards Viridian City. He did it. He was finally leaving town. A strange, almost sickening joy started seeping through his body as he pedaled harder and rode faster. The feeling burst from his lips in a half chuckle that's reminiscent of a desperate man. He had the whole world in front of him!

Athletics: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Arcran
2013-02-01, 12:21 AM
Dominic unfolds his Bike and begins pedaling towards Viridian City. He did it. He was finally leaving town. A strange, almost sickening joy started seeping through his body as he pedaled harder and rode faster. The feeling burst from his lips in a half chuckle that's reminiscent of a desperate man. He had the whole world in front of him!

As you furiously pedal, you gain more and more speed. You almost fly past the girl from earlier; Alexis? Before you can stop, you fly past her, connecting hard with a treebranch you never saw coming and flying through the air after impact.

7 damage.

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 12:33 AM
"Where the Muk did that come from?" Dominic groans as he pushes himself off the ground. He looks around and sees Alexis, remembering her from Oak's Lab not that long ago. Didn't she have a package to deliver? "Hey, Alexis! How are you doing there? Everything okay?"

Arcran
2013-02-01, 12:36 AM
"Where the Muk did that come from?" Dominic groans as he pushes himself off the ground. He looks around and sees Alexis, remembering her from Oak's Lab not that long ago. Didn't she have a package to deliver? "Hey, Alexis! How are you doing there? Everything okay?"

Route 1 Thread! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14631170#post14631170)

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 01:17 AM
Dominic enters the city, takes one look at the squalor that claims it, and lets out a heavy sigh. He knew not everywhere would be as well off as Pallet Town, but he had so many great things about Viridian City. "Okay, I'm going to the Pokemon Center to find somewhere to sleep. We're not traveling together anymore, so you're free to do as you see fit. I think Oak actually had a job for you, so there's that," he says to Alexis. "I'll be here for a couple days, after that I'm not so sure. See you around, kid." With that said, Dominic walks off into the city looking for someone or something to direct him to the Pokemon Center or a place to sleep.

Off to find the Center, the wonderful center of Viridian!

Arcran
2013-02-05, 02:20 AM
Off to find the Center, the wonderful center of Viridian!

You soon find the Center before night has fully fallen. The red brick building isn't the most spectacular place in town, but it is a high-traffic area.

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 02:24 AM
Dominic walks in the red bricked building and asks about a room for the night. He still had some travel bread so he wasn't asking for food. He could feed Nepto in the room as well, and let the little guy rest the remainder of his bandage time. In the morning he can set about looking for Oak's would-be thief.

Arcran
2013-02-05, 08:04 PM
Dominic walks in the red bricked building and asks about a room for the night. He still had some travel bread so he wasn't asking for food. He could feed Nepto in the room as well, and let the little guy rest the remainder of his bandage time. In the morning he can set about looking for Oak's would-be thief.

A nurse rents you out a small room. While it isn't exactly a luxury suite, for ^50 it will more than do.

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 09:00 PM
Dominic pays for the room and makes his way there. He closes the door and releases Nepto from his ball. "Hey little guy, rest on the bed here," he says while handing the Squirtle another piece of food. "I guess you might have noticed, bit of a fight on the road. Had to keep you out of it if you were gonna heal. Next time I hope you'll be able to help me. Having a partner could keep us both safer."

Over the course of the night Dominic eats one of his own travel loafs and sits on the bed with Nepto. It was another five hours until the bandage could come off and once Nepto was back up to full strength, Dominic set him on the makeshift bed that is his grey jacket. After that he also went to sleep, although he got the actual bed. Once morning came around and the two of them were awake, Dominic set aside a meager breakfast of pokemon food and travel bread. "While in the city you should be in your ball, so that we don't get in trouble," he explained to the Squirtle. Dominic returned him before leaving the room and proceeded to approach the front counter. "Excuse me, is there anywhere specific I could look to hire trainers? I have a job that requires another set of hands and maybe even some pokemon's strength."

OOC: If I understand the healing rules correctly, both Dominic and Nepto are at full health without injury. I've spent ^50, 2 Loafs of bread, and 2 pokemon biscuits. I have not mentioned to anyone that I have a pokemon or that I am a trainer, just in case. Dominic is trying to appear as just another young man, looking for something.

Arcran
2013-02-05, 09:29 PM
Dominic pays for the room and makes his way there. He closes the door and releases Nepto from his ball. "Hey little guy, rest on the bed here," he says while handing the Squirtle another piece of food. "I guess you might have noticed, bit of a fight on the road. Had to keep you out of it if you were gonna heal. Next time I hope you'll be able to help me. Having a partner could keep us both safer."

Over the course of the night Dominic eats one of his own travel loafs and sits on the bed with Nepto. It was another five hours until the bandage could come off and once Nepto was back up to full strength, Dominic set him on the makeshift bed that is his grey jacket. After that he also went to sleep, although he got the actual bed. Once morning came around and the two of them were awake, Dominic set aside a meager breakfast of pokemon food and travel bread. "While in the city you should be in your ball, so that we don't get in trouble," he explained to the Squirtle. Dominic returned him before leaving the room and proceeded to approach the front counter. "Excuse me, is there anywhere specific I could look to hire trainers? I have a job that requires another set of hands and maybe even some pokemon's strength."

OOC: If I understand the healing rules correctly, both Dominic and Nepto are at full health without injury. I've spent ^50, 2 Loafs of bread, and 2 pokemon biscuits. I have not mentioned to anyone that I have a pokemon or that I am a trainer, just in case. Dominic is trying to appear as just another young man, looking for something.

Nepto nods at you, touching his shell as it slowly begins to patch itself up.

You get a restful night of sleep. When you awake you are still sore, but ready for the day.

"Hire a Trainer?" the guard you track down asks. "Sure, there's a few places I can think. The Gym is probably your best bet. There are plenty of highly skilled trainers there."

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 09:35 PM
Dominic thanks the guard after getting directions and begins making his way to the Gym. How to catch a thief? Well, where would I go if I were new to town and needed work? I would pass myself off as a trainer. The best place to find a trainer here is the Gym. I'll go there and ask around. Should I ask for someone specifically? No, if I were a thief I wouldn't trust anyone with only my description. I'll talk about posting a job for someone who can run fast. He seemed pretty damn quick yesterday, and that was after taking a bolt from the Magnemite. Dominic's thoughts roll around as such until he has the right words that he wants to use. By then, he's approaching the Gym.

Arcran
2013-02-05, 09:56 PM
Dominic thanks the guard after getting directions and begins making his way to the Gym. How to catch a thief? Well, where would I go if I were new to town and needed work? I would pass myself off as a trainer. The best place to find a trainer here is the Gym. I'll go there and ask around. Should I ask for someone specifically? No, if I were a thief I wouldn't trust anyone with only my description. I'll talk about posting a job for someone who can run fast. He seemed pretty damn quick yesterday, and that was after taking a bolt from the Magnemite. Dominic's thoughts roll around as such until he has the right words that he wants to use. By then, he's approaching the Gym.

You manage to make it to the Gym without issue. Soon enough a man greets you. People are just roaming into the Gym, and a few trainers are battling against a few people.

"What do you need?" a Team Rocket member asks, striding over. "Need a hand?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 10:00 PM
"Hi," Dominic says as he's approached. "I'm looking to hire a trainer, and it seems I've been sent to the right place." He takes a glance at the trainers that are battling before returning his attention to the man. "Do I just talk to you? Or is there somewhere I can actually post the requirements? You see, I'm afraid that this job requires a particular specialty and I can't just accept anyone."

Arcran
2013-02-05, 11:54 PM
"Hi," Dominic says as he's approached. "I'm looking to hire a trainer, and it seems I've been sent to the right place." He takes a glance at the trainers that are battling before returning his attention to the man. "Do I just talk to you? Or is there somewhere I can actually post the requirements? You see, I'm afraid that this job requires a particular specialty and I can't just accept anyone."

"We have a notice board over there," he says, pointing there. "If you have a more specific plan, I can probably find a Gym Trainer that can fulfill it, but it'd mean half of whatever you're paying up front."

MintyNinja
2013-02-06, 12:30 AM
"Thanks, but I'll try my luck on the board. Do you have a pencil and paper I can use?" Once he has the needed writing materials Dominic will write the following notice:

Needed: one trainer to partake in a simple job with two like minded colleagues.
Required: knowledge of Pallet Town and it's layout is a must. Being able to navigate in the dead of night is a plus. You must be able to handle yourself in a fight. Pokemon is not necessary.
Payment: either one third of loot profit OR one well-trained pokemon. Payment occurs after successful completion of job.
If you can handle yourself, show up outside the Pokemon Center Wednesday, May 7th at Noon.

With this done he leaves the Gym behind and takes a walk through town, looking for different shops and trying to get a feel for the place.

Arcran
2013-02-06, 01:10 AM
"Thanks, but I'll try my luck on the board. Do you have a pencil and paper I can use?" Once he has the needed writing materials Dominic will write the following notice:

Needed: one trainer to partake in a simple job with two like minded colleagues.
Required: knowledge of Pallet Town and it's layout is a must. Being able to navigate in the dead of night is a plus. You must be able to handle yourself in a fight. Pokemon is not necessary.
Payment: either one third of loot profit OR one well-trained pokemon. Payment occurs after successful completion of job.
If you can handle yourself, show up outside the Pokemon Center Wednesday, May 7th at Noon.

With this done he leaves the Gym behind and takes a walk through town, looking for different shops and trying to get a feel for the place.

As you stride through the town, a large number of shops are located around you, some that may even help you.

Anything in particular?

MintyNinja
2013-02-06, 01:15 AM
Dominic makes note of any shops selling food and tries to compare prices. His supply of bread wouldn't last until tomorrow and he wanted to face that with a full stomach. While he's keeping his eyes open he also asks around about anywhere cheaper than the center to rent. And, if he just so happens to pass by such a shop, he wants to take note of bookstores. It would be useful to learn something new now that he didn't have to just be a muscle-bound workhorse anymore.

Arcran
2013-02-06, 05:57 PM
Dominic makes note of any shops selling food and tries to compare prices. His supply of bread wouldn't last until tomorrow and he wanted to face that with a full stomach. While he's keeping his eyes open he also asks around about anywhere cheaper than the center to rent. And, if he just so happens to pass by such a shop, he wants to take note of bookstores. It would be useful to learn something new now that he didn't have to just be a muscle-bound workhorse anymore.

After some quick shopping, it's obvious that the cheapest food will come from the Pokemon Center. While it is bland, it fills you up.

After looking for a book store for a bit, you soon find a book store, apparently the only one in town. It's simply called "The Old Bookstore." Upon entering, there doesn't seem to be anybody inside.

MintyNinja
2013-02-06, 07:57 PM
Looking around the interior of the bookstore, Dominic seeks out any books that seem to be different or strange. He walks quietly, nervous about breaking the eerie silence.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 12:40 AM
Looking around the interior of the bookstore, Dominic seeks out any books that seem to be different or strange. He walks quietly, nervous about breaking the eerie silence.

As you walk around the store, the dusty air almost makes you cough more than once. These books are ancient. Most of them are probably far older than you.

As you begin to pass through old classics, you hear a throat clear behind you.

You turn to see an extremely old woman, hobbled over on a cane. How she snuck up on you is beyond you.

"Something I kin help ya with sonny?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 12:48 AM
"Hi, I was just looking around. Anything that's special?" Dominic asks. He wasn't looking for anything specific, but if something caught his attention he might pick it up. He could use some light reading for before bed.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 01:00 AM
"Hi, I was just looking around. Anything that's special?" Dominic asks. He wasn't looking for anything specific, but if something caught his attention he might pick it up. He could use some light reading for before bed.

"Special?" she says, glancing at you with an odd look in her eyes. "What kind of special do you mean? I have valuable books, old books, funny books and even some religious tomes."

And one that I was supposed to burn...

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 01:24 AM
Dominic barely catches that last sentence. "Burn a book? That doesn't seem... prudent. With so few around now, why would you do that?" Dominic asks, genuinely intrigued.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 01:42 AM
Dominic barely catches that last sentence. "Burn a book? That doesn't seem... prudent. With so few around now, why would you do that?" Dominic asks, genuinely intrigued.

"Unclean. Evil. Cursed. Whatever you want to call it, it is a vile book. It takes root in you, and will never let you go. Magic always comes with a price. Always."

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 02:07 AM
A magic book? Right... old lady's crazy... Dominic thinks as she explains. A corner of his mouth twitches into a smile as he says, "Well that certainly sounds interesting. Could I see that book?"

Arcran
2013-02-07, 02:26 AM
A magic book? Right... old lady's crazy... Dominic thinks as she explains. A corner of his mouth twitches into a smile as he says, "Well that certainly sounds interesting. Could I see that book?"

The old woman grins evilly, going behind the counter. Eventually she returns, carrying a small book.

It seems normal. Ordinary. A small white book without a title. A small title It did give off a feeling of wrongness though, as if the air itself recoiled from the book. Barely able to carry the tome, she holds it out to you. As for a title, it has none.

"Here, take it. Have a look."

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 02:29 AM
Dominic's spine shivers for some unknown reason. He takes the book and examines the cover before flipping through the pages. It's just a book. Relax.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 10:14 PM
Dominic's spine shivers for some unknown reason. He takes the book and examines the cover before flipping through the pages. It's just a book. Relax.

Upon touching the book, your hand burns in pain. It sears into your very flesh, causing you to fall over dazed and confused.

Paralyzed by the waves of pain rolling through your body, you can't move as the old woman bends over you.

When you've mastered that book, why don't you find me again? she says, patting you on the cheek. It truly is a read to die for, the says cackling, fading away and disappearing from sight.

The store seems to become brighter somehow. A man rushes out from behind the counter, looking around.

"Hey!" he shouts, seeing you laying on the floor. "Are you okay?"

You are at half health. You have gained two Injuries.

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 10:19 PM
Dominic stares up at the man blankly for a second. What in the void just happened?! "Yeah, I'll be alright," he sputters out. He rises to his feet, careful not to touch anything else with the burned hand. "How much for this book?"

Arcran
2013-02-07, 10:24 PM
Dominic stares up at the man blankly for a second. What in the void just happened?! "Yeah, I'll be alright," he sputters out. He rises to his feet, careful not to touch anything else with the burned hand. "How much for this book?"

Upon looking down at the book, you see that it has changed. The cover, once appearing to simply be white cardboard, is now pale and warm to the touch. Red writing is slowly crossing the book as it pulsates as if it has a heartbeat of its own.

Chronicles of the Lavender Empire

"That old thing?" he says, apparently not noticing anything odd about it. "It looks like a blank book. Just take it with you. What the hell happened though? Did you have a stroke? I dozed off in the back and woke up to you on the floor," he says, obviously worried.

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 10:31 PM
"I... I get dizzy attacks sometimes. Kind of embarrassing, really," Dominic lies to the old man. The Lavender Empire? He had never heard of such a place. He was eager to read, but something about the old woman's warning told him that he should take his time. And he still wasn't feeling well. He exits the store and is back out into the city streets. He had plans to go poke around outside the city limits, but he didn't think that would be advisable at this moment. Instead he returns to the Pokecenter and asks about what kind of prices medical attention would warrant. The book is in one of his inside pockets and he can feel the warmth through his clothing the entire time.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 10:41 PM
"I... I get dizzy attacks sometimes. Kind of embarrassing, really," Dominic lies to the old man. The Lavender Empire? He had never heard of such a place. He was eager to read, but something about the old woman's warning told him that he should take his time. And he still wasn't feeling well. He exits the store and is back out into the city streets. He had plans to go poke around outside the city limits, but he didn't think that would be advisable at this moment. Instead he returns to the Pokecenter and asks about what kind of prices medical attention would warrant. The book is in one of his inside pockets and he can feel the warmth through his clothing the entire time.

You manage to stagger out of the store and through the streets, eventually making it to the Pokemon Center.

"For medical treatment? Just what is wrong with you?" the nurse asks, obviously confused. "You look fine. Are you sick or something?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 10:50 PM
"My head feels like it's splitting open. Must have drawn a stray psychic attack, I don't really know what to do. Can you help?" Dominic says while also showing his hand that received the burn.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 11:02 PM
"My head feels like it's splitting open. Must have drawn a stray psychic attack, I don't really know what to do. Can you help?" Dominic says while also showing his hand that received the burn.

"That makes sense," she asks, calling a doctor over. "If you don't mind me asking, what gave you the injuries? There aren't any native Psychic types around here."

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 11:06 PM
"I was just visiting my Uncle for brunch. He's always been the weird one in the family. We had a bit of an argument. If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about family stuff. You can help me, right?" Dominic was getting exasperated, how much did he have to lie to this woman before she could treat him? It's not like she'll be able to compare the injury to anything specific.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 11:20 PM
"I was just visiting my Uncle for brunch. He's always been the weird one in the family. We had a bit of an argument. If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about family stuff. You can help me, right?" Dominic was getting exasperated, how much did he have to lie to this woman before she could treat him? It's not like she'll be able to compare the injury to anything specific.

The woman nods. A doctor takes you into the back and injects you with some sort of chemical. You can feel it flowing through you, curing much of the damage, but not that sense of nauseated pain you have.

"That should fix you up!" the doctor says, happily patting your arm. "Stay safe!"

Healed to max HP, Injuries still around.

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 11:34 PM
Dominic returns to the front desk and thanks the woman. He leaves the center and takes a walk toward Route 22, rolling his shoulders along the way. Once he's further from the town he lets Nepto out of his ball to walk around. He's planning to stop and talk to a guard on the way, to see what he can learn about the route to the East and the pokemon that inhabit it.

OOC: using Shrug Off to remove one injury. Does that increase my health to keep it up to 100%?

Arcran
2013-02-07, 11:48 PM
Dominic returns to the front desk and thanks the woman. He leaves the center and takes a walk toward Route 22, rolling his shoulders along the way. Once he's further from the town he lets Nepto out of his ball to walk around. He's planning to stop and talk to a guard on the way, to see what he can learn about the route to the East and the pokemon that inhabit it.

OOC: using Shrug Off to remove one injury. Does that increase my health to keep it up to 100%?

No, you gained two injuries. 2-1 is 1.

As you head towards Route 22, you soon arrive at the eastern gate to town.

"Son, you might not want to head out that way. Unless you have work on The Wall I'd suggest you stay in town."

MintyNinja
2013-02-07, 11:52 PM
"Oh? Even with a pokemon of my own?" Dominic says as he gestures at Nepto. "Could you tell me what's out there? I haven't been up this way before and I'm trying to get a feel for my options."

OOC: I mean that now my Max Health is 37, do I have 37/37 or 33/37?

Arcran
2013-02-08, 12:03 AM
"Oh? Even with a pokemon of my own?" Dominic says as he gestures at Nepto. "Could you tell me what's out there? I haven't been up this way before and I'm trying to get a feel for my options."

OOC: I mean that now my Max Health is 37, do I have 37/37 or 33/37?

We can say you used it before the doctor. 37/37

"Mankey clans. Packs of those Nidoran things, usually with a Nidoking or Queen. Swarms of Spearow that block out the sky. Trust me, Route 22 is a god forsaken place. The Wall is about a day out from the city; you probably won't find anything to fight out until then unless you have a habit of punching farmers. After that, you're at The Wall."

MintyNinja
2013-02-08, 12:14 AM
OOC: Thanks. I should have thought about it ahead of time.
"Ah, I see. Well it sounds interesting, so I'll keep it mind for when I'm more sure of survival," Dominic says with a laugh. "I'll head back to town for now. Come along, Nepto." As he walks back he returns the Squirtle before anyone throws a fit about having a pokemon out. He doesn't actually have much planned until tomorrow so he heads to the south gate and walks around the end of Route 1. It's not that he wanted to play hero again, but if there had been someone to help him on the route yesterday things might have gone better.

OOC: Not looking for a fight, per se, but I am out in the wilds with Nepto, looking around and killing time. If this takes a few hours before something attacks me, that's fine as well. Things will get more interesting tomorrow at noon, apparently.

Arcran
2013-02-08, 01:20 AM
OOC: Thanks. I should have thought about it ahead of time.
"Ah, I see. Well it sounds interesting, so I'll keep it mind for when I'm more sure of survival," Dominic says with a laugh. "I'll head back to town for now. Come along, Nepto." As he walks back he returns the Squirtle before anyone throws a fit about having a pokemon out. He doesn't actually have much planned until tomorrow so he heads to the south gate and walks around the end of Route 1. It's not that he wanted to play hero again, but if there had been someone to help him on the route yesterday things might have gone better.

OOC: Not looking for a fight, per se, but I am out in the wilds with Nepto, looking around and killing time. If this takes a few hours before something attacks me, that's fine as well. Things will get more interesting tomorrow at noon, apparently.

The guards allow you to pass right through the gate, not even questioning you.

You've walked for perhaps five minutes when you hear rustling in the grass.

Perception.

MintyNinja
2013-02-08, 01:22 AM
With Nepto beside him, Dominic stops moving and strains to pinpoint the sound.

Pereption: [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-08, 01:29 AM
With Nepto beside him, Dominic stops moving and strains to pinpoint the sound.

Pereption: [roll0]

While you are busy trying to pinpoint the location of the rats, three rush out of the grass, attacking you. You just manage to duck one, but the other two slam into you. They smash into your leg, making it difficult to move.

28 damage. You gain an Injury for passing 50% HP. -1 Speed Stage.

MintyNinja
2013-02-08, 01:53 AM
Dominic jumps back a few steps and lets Nepto out in the spot he just was. "Nepto, use Bubble to hit them all!" The Squirtle Spins in a circle, pulling up a large bubble around himself that bursts on the Rattata.

Dominic moves to G4.
Releases Nepto on G6.

Nepto:
Bubble: AC 2 [roll0] -1 Speed CS on 16+
Water, Special: [roll1]

Arcran
2013-02-09, 12:08 PM
Dominic jumps back a few steps and lets Nepto out in the spot he just was. "Nepto, use Bubble to hit them all!" The Squirtle Spins in a circle, pulling up a large bubble around himself that bursts on the Rattata.

Dominic moves to G4.
Releases Nepto on G6.

Nepto:
Bubble: AC 2 [roll0] -1 Speed CS on 16+
Water, Special: [roll1]

The bubble pops, smacking all of the Rattata. They stay standing but they probably can't take another hit like that.

All three of the Rattata focus fire on Nepto, seeing him as the new threat. Each Rattata slams into the Squirtle in turn, once again dazing the small Pokemon and damaging his shell. One slams into his head, causing the Tiny Turtle's head to twist backwards and smack into his shell. Nepto seems a little dazed.

39 damage. Nepto gains 1 Injury. Due to his Injury, Nepto must roll 1 higher on all AC rolls.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 01:25 PM
Dominic almost runs over to give a rat a good kick, but holds himself back. If I were to get too close, Nepto's Bubble would hit me as well. Well I can't just stand here! he thinks as the rats tear into his Squirtle. Another headache rips through his mind in a flash. He cradles his head in his hands but then an idea dawns on him and in this drastic of a situation, he's willing to give it a shot. He takes out a fresh pokeball and throws it at the rat on his right, hoping to take it out of the fight by capture should Nepto's next attack miss. Whether or not that works out, he says, "Nepto, do it again! You can beat them all!" The Squirtle once again spins up a large bubble around itself, trying to attack all his enemies at once.

Dominic: Trying to catch F6
Pokeball: AC 4 [roll0] If Hit [roll1]

Nepto:
Bubble: AC 2+1 [roll2] -1 Speed CS on 16+
Water, Special: [roll3]

Arcran
2013-02-09, 01:28 PM
Dominic almost runs over to give a rat a good kick, but holds himself back. If I were to get too close, Nepto's Bubble would hit me as well. Well I can't just stand here! he thinks as the rats tear into his Squirtle. Another headache rips through his mind in a flash. He cradles his head in his hands but then an idea dawns on him and in this drastic of a situation, he's willing to give it a shot. He takes out a fresh pokeball and throws it at the rat on his right, hoping to take it out of the fight by capture should Nepto's next attack miss. Whether or not that works out, he says, "Nepto, do it again! You can beat them all!" The Squirtle once again spins up a large bubble around itself, trying to attack all his enemies at once.

Dominic: Trying to catch F6
Pokeball: AC 4 [roll0] If Hit [roll1]

Nepto:
Bubble: AC 2+1 [roll2] -1 Speed CS on 16+
Water, Special: [roll3]

Your Pokeball flies through the air. The Rattata, intent on Nepto, doesn't see it coming until it is unavoidable. The ball connects and absorbs the Pokemon, the lid clicking shut.

Nepto spins around, dropping the other two Rattata before they can finish him off. He slumps over, badly hurt.

15 experience to Nepto.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 01:35 PM
Dominic rushes over and scoops Nepto up in one arm, "You saved us, Nepto. You saved both our backsides. Let's get you fixed up." He returns the Squirtle and retrieves the other ball. Looking in on the Rattata through the plexiglass half, he says, "You... you're going to be trouble aren't you? Well then we'll have to deal with you as we can. Which is not right now." Dominic takes his bike out of his bag and pedals his way back to Viridian City, trying to go easy on his sore leg.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 01:40 PM
Dominic rushes over and scoops Nepto up in one arm, "You saved us, Nepto. You saved both our backsides. Let's get you fixed up." He returns the Squirtle and retrieves the other ball. Looking in on the Rattata through the plexiglass half, he says, "You... you're going to be trouble aren't you? Well then we'll have to deal with you as we can. Which is not right now." Dominic takes his bike out of his bag and pedals his way back to Viridian City, trying to go easy on his sore leg.

You soon pedal back to town, albeit a little slower due to your injury.

By this point the guards recognize you. They let you in, a few snickering about how you always come back with a few more wounds. By the time you get back to town it is about two o'clock.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 01:58 PM
Dominic heads over to the Pokemon Center and enters the red brick building. Sheepishly he asks the nurse at the front desk, once again, for a room to rent. He pays over the ^50 and heads off to the small, compact space. Once there he feeds himself and Nepto. "Good job today, Nepto. I'll try not to make such stupid mistakes in the future." For the rest of the day Dominic and Nepto rest and relax in their own, albeit small, room. He analyzes the Rattata but doesn't bother reading the output. He doesn't even look at his new book, instead opting for a nap.

Resting 8 hours. Eating Travel Bread and 2 Pokemon food. Take your time with the Rat's page.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 02:10 PM
Dominic heads over to the Pokemon Center and enters the red brick building. Sheepishly he asks the nurse at the front desk, once again, for a room to rent. He pays over the ^50 and heads off to the small, compact space. Once there he feeds himself and Nepto. "Good job today, Nepto. I'll try not to make such stupid mistakes in the future." For the rest of the day Dominic and Nepto rest and relax in their own, albeit small, room. He analyzes the Rattata but doesn't bother reading the output. He doesn't even look at his new book, instead opting for a nap.

Resting 8 hours. Eating Travel Bread and 2 Pokemon food. Take your time with the Rat's page.

When you finally awake from your nap, it is nighttime. It is dark outside. Nepto is looking better, and even your own wounds feel less severe.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 02:18 PM
Feeling better, Dominic returns Nepto and heads outside. The night air was much fresher than the small room he just came out of and he was feeling better after that nap. His leg still hurt and his headaches would dart in and out faster than that thief yesterday. That thief was one of the reasons he was here. What were the others doing? Well Alexis had to deliver that package... and didn't Oak say that one of his Aides could help him find more work? It was worth a shot. Dominic decides to walk around the vicinity of the Pokecenter for while, trying to think about where the Aide could be.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 02:24 PM
Feeling better, Dominic returns Nepto and heads outside. The night air was much fresher than the small room he just came out of and he was feeling better after that nap. His leg still hurt and his headaches would dart in and out faster than that thief yesterday. That thief was one of the reasons he was here. What were the others doing? Well Alexis had to deliver that package... and didn't Oak say that one of his Aides could help him find more work? It was worth a shot. Dominic decides to walk around the vicinity of the Pokecenter for while, trying to think about where the Aide could be.

The night air actually isn't fresher; it is smoky and thick, as if there were some sort of massive fire. You can see the light of the flames all the way from here. Guards are frantically running towards the edge of town.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 02:38 PM
Dominic tries to get a guard's answer about what's happening, but instead ends up running along with them. Not at full pace, but a light jog that favors his wounded leg. As he draws near he asks how he and Nepto can help.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 02:46 PM
Dominic tries to get a guard's answer about what's happening, but instead ends up running along with them. Not at full pace, but a light jog that favors his wounded leg. As he draws near he asks how he and Nepto can help.

The guards are full on sprinting; your light jog isn't going to catch up with them any time soon.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 02:48 PM
Dominic watches as the guards speed past him. Knowing that he's helping no one at this pace, he takes his bike out of his bag and tries to keep up with the others.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 03:06 PM
Dominic watches as the guards speed past him. Knowing that he's helping no one at this pace, he takes his bike out of his bag and tries to keep up with the others.

When you hop on you bike you manage to catch up with the others. They spill out the Southern Gate, heading to the east where the flames are located.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 03:18 PM
Dominic continues along with the guards and does his best to look at least semi-competent. Why am I doing this? What makes me think I can actually be of use? The acrid taste of smoke in his mouth helps along the answer, Because, someone might be hurt. And if I didn't try to help then I'm no better than the thief I'm following. Dominic keeps going until he's told to stop or sees someone that looks in charge. He asks, "I have a water pokemon, how can I help?"

Arcran
2013-02-09, 03:37 PM
Dominic continues along with the guards and does his best to look at least semi-competent. Why am I doing this? What makes me think I can actually be of use? The acrid taste of smoke in his mouth helps along the answer, Because, someone might be hurt. And if I didn't try to help then I'm no better than the thief I'm following. Dominic keeps going until he's told to stop or sees someone that looks in charge. He asks, "I have a water pokemon, how can I help?"

"Somebody set a whole field on fire. You got a Water you said? Just get over there and start spraying," the man says to you.

The direction he points is dominated by a giant flame. The waves of heat can be felt from here. Large numbers of Water Pokemon are already there, trying to beat back the blaze. There are also Ground Pokemon dumping mud and sand onto the blaze as well. At the moment it seems the fire is winning.

MintyNinja
2013-02-09, 03:48 PM
Dominic packs up his bike and hurries over to the line of firefighting pokemon. he releases Nepto and says, "Okay, Nepto. We have a problem with fire. I need you to line up with these others and do your best to spray down the flames." The Squirtle joins the others and adds his own water attacks into the fray. Dominic's past sweating at this point and the heat's agitating his headache. He steps back just enough that he can reach Nepto if he needs to.

Arcran
2013-02-10, 02:33 PM
Dominic packs up his bike and hurries over to the line of firefighting pokemon. he releases Nepto and says, "Okay, Nepto. We have a problem with fire. I need you to line up with these others and do your best to spray down the flames." The Squirtle joins the others and adds his own water attacks into the fray. Dominic's past sweating at this point and the heat's agitating his headache. He steps back just enough that he can reach Nepto if he needs to.

There has to be at least twenty other trainers with varying degrees of Water Types. The water pours into the flame, but there just aren't enough of you. While you are beating the flames back in this one area, this just isn't enough.

"There aren't enough of us! We have to do something!"

MintyNinja
2013-02-10, 02:55 PM
Dammit, what to do?! Dominic's mind starts racing but his thoughts are torn down by a sudden quick-striking headache. This situation was getting out of hand. He turns to the nearest trainer and asks, "This isn't enough, we need either more water or better tactics. What do we do?"

OOC: I have no idea what to do. I don't know if you expected me to think of something awesome, but I'm stumped.

Arcran
2013-02-11, 01:03 AM
Dammit, what to do?! Dominic's mind starts racing but his thoughts are torn down by a sudden quick-striking headache. This situation was getting out of hand. He turns to the nearest trainer and asks, "This isn't enough, we need either more water or better tactics. What do we do?"

OOC: I have no idea what to do. I don't know if you expected me to think of something awesome, but I'm stumped.

It's not my fault there's a big fire. What you do is 100% you.

The guards seem as stumped as you. Some start trying to futilely kick dirt on the fire.

"This isn't working! We need a stronger trainer!"

MintyNinja
2013-02-11, 01:09 AM
Dominic seethes in useless frustration at the situation. They couldn't put out the fire and those crops were more than likely lost. To the guard he says, "Well then step up to the plate, then! I think we should pull back but drench the land as we do, that way it won't catch and the blaze can burn itself out."

Arcran
2013-02-11, 02:16 AM
Dominic seethes in useless frustration at the situation. They couldn't put out the fire and those crops were more than likely lost. To the guard he says, "Well then step up to the plate, then! I think we should pull back but drench the land as we do, that way it won't catch and the blaze can burn itself out."

The guards relay your command, obviously finding it sensible.

"Hose down everything!"

As you fall back, the large number of Water Pokemon douse the ground, turning it into a muddy mess. Fortunately, the flames have trouble taking hold on the drenched ground. While the fire isn't dying down, it isn't spreading to the south anymore.

"We have some stopped, but unless a strong trainer gets here soon, this fire is going to spread to other fields! Somebody go get the Gym Leader!"

MintyNinja
2013-02-11, 02:19 AM
"I'll do it," Dominic says. He returns Nepto as he mounts his bike. "Try to douse the perimeter of the fire to keep it in check, I won't be long." He takes off pedaling as fast as he can with his sore leg, adrenaline pushing him towards the Gym.

Athletics Roll (if it helps) [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-11, 10:51 PM
"I'll do it," Dominic says. He returns Nepto as he mounts his bike. "Try to douse the perimeter of the fire to keep it in check, I won't be long." He takes off pedaling as fast as he can with his sore leg, adrenaline pushing him towards the Gym.

Athletics Roll (if it helps) [roll0]

You pedal quickly, passing through the gates without issue. Soon you find yourself at the Gym.

MintyNinja
2013-02-11, 10:53 PM
Dominic hops off his bike and leaves it leaning on the wall beside the door. He knocks with a closed fist, trying to get a response from someone so that he can relay his message.

Arcran
2013-02-12, 02:10 AM
Dominic hops off his bike and leaves it leaning on the wall beside the door. He knocks with a closed fist, trying to get a response from someone so that he can relay his message.

Eventually the door swings open, a tired looking man answering the door.

"Watcha want?" he yawns.

MintyNinja
2013-02-12, 02:11 AM
"The fields are on fire! I've been sent to get the Gym Leader to help put them out. We're at the South Eastern outskirts of the city," Dominic says.

Arcran
2013-02-12, 03:23 AM
"The fields are on fire! I've been sent to get the Gym Leader to help put them out. We're at the South Eastern outskirts of the city," Dominic says.

"The fields?" the man says, obviously worried. "How- that doesn't matter. I'll go get them."

He's gone for perhaps two minutes before he returns. One is a skinny man with blue-dyed hair. He's skinny enough to be a model. Six Ultra Balls adorn his belt. The other is perhaps the most attractive women you've ever seen. About your height, long red hair, and a perfect figure, she is stunningly gorgeous.

The woman doesn't even ask a question, simply throwing down an Ultra Ball. A massive orange beast, tail ablaze, erupts from the ball. She hops onto its back, using a saddle to pull herself up, and it flies off over the wall, towards the fire.

The other quickly grabs your hand.

James. Where do we need to go for this fire? he says, throwing down his own Ultra Ball, a massive orange dog coming forth. He pulls himself up onto a saddle.

Lead the way.

MintyNinja
2013-02-12, 08:14 AM
Dominic nods, dumbfounded. He grabs his bike, a more meager mount in comparison, and pedals as hard as he can towards where he left the others. Along the way he mentions, "We've got one line of water types that I know about. Seem to be holding it in place, if that."

Arcran
2013-02-18, 04:50 PM
Dominic nods, dumbfounded. He grabs his bike, a more meager mount in comparison, and pedals as hard as he can towards where he left the others. Along the way he mentions, "We've got one line of water types that I know about. Seem to be holding it in place, if that."

The Arcanine quickly outstrips you, leaping the wall. You soon arrive at the field. The Charizard is sending mighty gusts of wind, quickly clearing swaths. The Arcanine runs like a blur, clearing out massive groups of flame. The fire is actually being beaten back.

MintyNinja
2013-02-18, 11:59 PM
Dominic returns to the spot he was previously at, and says to the guard that he talked to before, "Okay, they're here. Let's keep on spark watch. We don't need a second blaze starting up."

OOC: Spark Watch: watching for small sparks in a fire hazard work area and dousing them or stomping them out before they light up. It's a term I picked up from working in a sawmill.

Arcran
2013-02-19, 08:56 PM
Dominic returns to the spot he was previously at, and says to the guard that he talked to before, "Okay, they're here. Let's keep on spark watch. We don't need a second blaze starting up."

OOC: Spark Watch: watching for small sparks in a fire hazard work area and dousing them or stomping them out before they light up. It's a term I picked up from working in a sawmill.

The guard nods.

"Keep the fires from spreading! Watch for small sparks, things like that! Let's get this thing under control!"

All around, the trainers stop focusing on the main flames and instead handle the sparks and small flames.

Soon, after almost an hour, between the Gym Leaders and the others, the fire has been stamped out. You can see acres upon acres of scorched crops. This fire isn't going to make life any easier.

"Who would do such a thing..."

MintyNinja
2013-02-19, 10:00 PM
"I have no idea. It looks like there's nothing else I can do here so if no one minds, I'm gonna go," Dominic says to the guard. It's not like the would stop him but it felt better to give the man some explanation. If no one says or does anything to stop him, Dominic will head back to the Pokecenter and return to his room for the night.

Arcran
2013-02-19, 11:15 PM
"I have no idea. It looks like there's nothing else I can do here so if no one minds, I'm gonna go," Dominic says to the guard. It's not like the would stop him but it felt better to give the man some explanation. If no one says or does anything to stop him, Dominic will head back to the Pokecenter and return to his room for the night.

The guard tries to stop you, mentioning drinks, but when you seem set on returning he lets you go.

5 experience for Squirtle. 1 for helping to put out the blaze.

You soon arrive back at your room, finding it still in order.

MintyNinja
2013-02-19, 11:24 PM
Seeing the room still in order, Dominic releases Nepto and they both attempt to get some sleep. He had spent most of the day in bed, but if he wasn't careful then Dominic would be needing much more than bed rest before long.

OOC: Sleeping till morning. This should bring me into Day 3.

Arcran
2013-02-20, 07:25 PM
Seeing the room still in order, Dominic releases Nepto and they both attempt to get some sleep. He had spent most of the day in bed, but if he wasn't careful then Dominic would be needing much more than bed rest before long.

OOC: Sleeping till morning. This should bring me into Day 3.

You awake the next day, feeling much better. It wasn't a ton of sleep, but it will have to do.

You awake at 8 AM. 4 hours of sleep.

MintyNinja
2013-02-21, 12:49 AM
Dominic feeds Nepto a bit of Pokemon food while the Tiny Turtle stretches and wakes up. "I'm all out of the big stuff, gonna have to talk to someone here about meals," he says to himself. He would also have to keep an eye out for paying opportunities if he was to spend more time in Viridian City.

Once Nepto had eaten and been returned to his ball, Dominic collects his things and leaves the room. He approaches the front desk and asks, "Hi, looks like my supplies are out. Is there somewhere cheap to get breakfast?"

OOC:
I intend to do the following:
-Eat Breakfast.
-Go to the Gym and ask about training the Rattata (Or at least a place in which to feed it)
-Check out that jobs board previously for work.

If time allows Dominic will show up to the Noon meeting (from that fake job posting), but posing as an applicant. If not he'll assume it wouldn't have worked.

Arcran
2013-02-21, 09:09 PM
Dominic feeds Nepto a bit of Pokemon food while the Tiny Turtle stretches and wakes up. "I'm all out of the big stuff, gonna have to talk to someone here about meals," he says to himself. He would also have to keep an eye out for paying opportunities if he was to spend more time in Viridian City.

Once Nepto had eaten and been returned to his ball, Dominic collects his things and leaves the room. He approaches the front desk and asks, "Hi, looks like my supplies are out. Is there somewhere cheap to get breakfast?"

OOC:
I intend to do the following:
-Eat Breakfast.
-Go to the Gym and ask about training the Rattata (Or at least a place in which to feed it)
-Check out that jobs board previously for work.

If time allows Dominic will show up to the Noon meeting (from that fake job posting), but posing as an applicant. If not he'll assume it wouldn't have worked.

"Cheaper than the Pokemon Center?" the nurse says, looking at you. "Unless you're eating out of a dumpster, no."

MintyNinja
2013-02-22, 12:12 AM
"Alright, what are the options here?" Dominic asks. Probably not much better than travel bread, but cheap matters right now, he thinks to himself.

Arcran
2013-02-22, 12:58 AM
"Alright, what are the options here?" Dominic asks. Probably not much better than travel bread, but cheap matters right now, he thinks to himself.

"We have a buffet over there. If you stayed here last night food is complimentary."

MintyNinja
2013-02-22, 01:13 AM
"Heh, you're right. Nothing cheaper than free," Dominic says as he approaches the buffet. He doesn't take much. A fruit, some bread, and some cheese. A bit of dried out meat goes into his pocket for the Rattata that he caught yesterday. Perhaps he could get the thing calm enough to eat if he went to the gym.

After a few minutes he enacts this plan and walks to the gym, taking note of any guards he remembers from the night before. I hope they were able to find out what burned those crops down, I don't know if this town could survive a wild Charizard flying around.

Arcran
2013-02-22, 01:40 AM
"Heh, you're right. Nothing cheaper than free," Dominic says as he approaches the buffet. He doesn't take much. A fruit, some bread, and some cheese. A bit of dried out meat goes into his pocket for the Rattata that he caught yesterday. Perhaps he could get the thing calm enough to eat if he went to the gym.

After a few minutes he enacts this plan and walks to the gym, taking note of any guards he remembers from the night before. I hope they were able to find out what burned those crops down, I don't know if this town could survive a wild Charizard flying around.

While the cheese is lacking, there are a few tough rolls and some small grapes. There is a small amount of bacon that will serve for the Rattata as well.

A few guards nod at you, apparently recognizing you from last night. Seems your service was noticed.

Soon enough you've arrived at the Gym. There are a handful of angry farmers standing in a line. Seems to be quite the commotion.

MintyNinja
2013-02-22, 01:46 AM
Dominic approaches the building and tries to figure out what the farmers plan to do or what it is they're asking for. Sure he needed to deal with this Rattata, but he had a few hours still until he needed to see if that ad brought Oak's thief out of hiding. If he's even here, Dominic reminds himself.

Perception (if needed): [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-23, 05:18 PM
Dominic approaches the building and tries to figure out what the farmers plan to do or what it is they're asking for. Sure he needed to deal with this Rattata, but he had a few hours still until he needed to see if that ad brought Oak's thief out of hiding. If he's even here, Dominic reminds himself.

Perception (if needed): [roll0]

The farmers are angry about the torching of the field that you were at last night. They seem sure that it was no accident. They want an audience with the Leaders apparently.

MintyNinja
2013-02-23, 05:23 PM
Keeping that in mind, Dominic tries to get to the front of the group, or as close to the door as he can. If he sees anyone affiliated with the Gym he says, "Hey, I'm just a trainer looking for a place to handle a freshly caught Rattata. Can I get in?"

Arcran
2013-02-23, 06:21 PM
Keeping that in mind, Dominic tries to get to the front of the group, or as close to the door as he can. If he sees anyone affiliated with the Gym he says, "Hey, I'm just a trainer looking for a place to handle a freshly caught Rattata. Can I get in?"

As you work your way to the front of the group, you see something strange. That trainer from the lab, the thief, is making his way towards the door. Seems like he wants to train too.

MintyNinja
2013-02-23, 06:31 PM
In a moment of fluttering intelligence, Dominic almost calls out to the thief, but he quickly keeps that urge in check. It'd be better to follow him inside, that way I might get a better opportunity. Crap, what if he recognizes me? His mind races for a second before a simple idea comes to him: the helmet! He didn't have it for long in Pallet, and only after the failed chase into the market. Dominic crouches and pulls the metal helmet from his pack and wears it. I'll be distinct as ever, but maybe he won't recognize me if he's focused on it. I'll keep Nepto in reserve, if I can do this peacefully, all the better. With that, Dominic makes to follow the young thief into the building.

OOC: It depends heavily on what the inside of the building is like, but I intend to corner Garrick in a training room and demand the ball back. This will obviously depend on Anony's responses so let me know when you want us on the same thread.

Arcran
2013-02-25, 09:34 PM
In a moment of fluttering intelligence, Dominic almost calls out to the thief, but he quickly keeps that urge in check. It'd be better to follow him inside, that way I might get a better opportunity. Crap, what if he recognizes me? His mind races for a second before a simple idea comes to him: the helmet! He didn't have it for long in Pallet, and only after the failed chase into the market. Dominic crouches and pulls the metal helmet from his pack and wears it. I'll be distinct as ever, but maybe he won't recognize me if he's focused on it. I'll keep Nepto in reserve, if I can do this peacefully, all the better. With that, Dominic makes to follow the young thief into the building.

OOC: It depends heavily on what the inside of the building is like, but I intend to corner Garrick in a training room and demand the ball back. This will obviously depend on Anony's responses so let me know when you want us on the same thread.

Instead of the man walking in the front doors, he starts to circle around back.

Stealth por favor.

MintyNinja
2013-02-25, 10:48 PM
I could follow him, but then he'd notice... Maybe we don't even have to enter the building. Maybe I can just talk to him out here, around a corner. Trying not to attract the thief's attention, Dominic follows him.

Stealth of "don't notice the 6'2" muscular guy wearing a helmet" [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-26, 11:16 PM
The thief rounds the back. He seems to be talking to some sort of gatekeeper. You barely catch the word "password."

He glances in your direction, catching sight of you. He doesn't seem to react yet.

MintyNinja
2013-02-26, 11:23 PM
Well no reason not to approach, Dominic thinks to himself. He walks as close as he can, and waits for the thief to make a move. He nods to the Gate Keeper, trying to create the illusion of one waiting for the other to finish.

Arcran
2013-02-26, 11:54 PM
Well no reason not to approach, Dominic thinks to himself. He walks as close as he can, and waits for the thief to make a move. He nods to the Gate Keeper, trying to create the illusion of one waiting for the other to finish.

The man says goodbye to the guard, then starts to walk the other way.

MintyNinja
2013-02-26, 11:57 PM
Dominic follows the man and when he's only a few feet away, preferably around a corner of the building where no one else is around, he says, "Hey, kid. Got a minute? I wanna talk to you. Just talk, nothing else." He holds his hands off to the side, palms up. He's still wearing the helmet, but he should look the image of peaceful intentions otherwise.

Arcran
2013-02-27, 12:33 AM
"....why are you wearing a helmet."

The thief gives you a raised eyebrow, seeming on edge.

MintyNinja
2013-02-27, 12:38 AM
"To hide my terribly disfigured face," Dominic replies half jokingly. "Fire melts a man's features like wax. But I'm not here to complain about last night or point fingers. No, I'm here as a representative of Professor Oak." He pauses a moment to gauge the young man's reaction. "I believe you have a Pokeball, not a Pokemon, just a ball, that doesn't belong to you. It contained a Pikachu, and the good Professor is requesting it back. The ball will only ever work on that Pikachu, and is utterly useless to you. If you set it on the ground and walk away, we both pretend this never happened."

Arcran
2013-02-27, 01:02 AM
"To hide my terribly disfigured face," Dominic replies half jokingly. "Fire melts a man's features like wax. But I'm not here to complain about last night or point fingers. No, I'm here as a representative of Professor Oak." He pauses a moment to gauge the young man's reaction. "I believe you have a Pokeball, not a Pokemon, just a ball, that doesn't belong to you. It contained a Pikachu, and the good Professor is requesting it back. The ball will only ever work on that Pikachu, and is utterly useless to you. If you set it on the ground and walk away, we both pretend this never happened."

The thief looks you up and down. He looks annoyed.

"Of course I would never have any idea what you could be talking about."

He holds his hands up, and after looking around to make sure no one was listening, continues.

"But I did find an in-use Pokeball that might coincidentally be the one you want. S'in my room though, so unless you want to distract a mob of farmers, you'll have to wait until they leave."

MintyNinja
2013-02-27, 01:09 AM
"What's wrong with the front door? That 'Mob' as you call them aren't going to attack random men trying to enter a building, right?" Dominic says. "I walk in with you, or I go in there myself and start asking questions inside. This can blow over nice and easy, or you can lead me on a merry chase until we're both ragged and raw. But you're aren't going anywhere alone." He sets his arms down and gestures for the young thief to start walking as he follows him.

[OOC: Willing to follow thief inside. Dominic thinks that the Gym trainers or Leaders would take his side if he were to bring anything up, but he doesn't wanna get the kid kicked out.]

Arcran
2013-02-27, 01:10 PM
"Let's go ahead and get this straight, if I wanted to leave you in the dust right now I could. I have no use for a random Pokeball though, and for our best interests I was going to go ahead and hand it off.
Now lets move to politics. Those farmers believe that this gym and its affiliates are the cause of their trouble. Meaning a straggler trying to get in through them likely WILL have a good deal of trouble, and I don't much care for notice.
However, how about we put your theory to the test? You try to get in, and if they let you i'll come with. Then we both can be on our merry way."

MintyNinja
2013-02-27, 01:15 PM
"Fine then. Let's go," Dominic says. Assuming the young thief follows him he'll walk back to the front of the building and try to enter.

Arcran
2013-02-27, 01:21 PM
"Fine then. Let's go," Dominic says. Assuming the young thief follows him he'll walk back to the front of the building and try to enter.

It probably takes you a solid minute or two of shoving to get through the crowd, but soon enough you have entered the Gym.

It looks even bigger from the inside. Large training fields dot the floor. In fact, that's about all there is. There seems to be some sort of rooms above, but down here it is all battle arenas.

MintyNinja
2013-02-27, 01:24 PM
Dominic waits for the young thief to join him inside. While waiting he admires the building for what it is: a training ground. The Battle Arenas seem to be seen from every angle so that anyone can learn by just stepping out of their rooms. Being on the ground floor also limits the escape possibilities of freshly caught pokemon, which is also a plus.

Arcran
2013-02-27, 03:36 PM
Dominic waits for the young thief to join him inside. While waiting he admires the building for what it is: a training ground. The Battle Arenas seem to be seen from every angle so that anyone can learn by just stepping out of their rooms. Being on the ground floor also limits the escape possibilities of freshly caught pokemon, which is also a plus.

Soon enough the thief follows you in, appearing new to you.
"Well now, that works fine for me. My room is this way."
The thief directs you in the direction of his room.
"Tell me, Helmet, you're a free agent right? Are you looking for work by chance?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-27, 03:56 PM
Dominic lets out a low chuckle as he says, "After this pokeball is returned to Oak's care I am indeed a free agent. I'm capable in combat, do you have work that needs doing?" He follows the thief to the room, keeping track of the layout just in case.

OOC: It is my understanding that Dominic is outside the room.

Arcran
2013-02-27, 10:08 PM
"Well, I know somebody hiring at least. Muscle is good."
He reaches into his bag while still keeping it mostly zipped, and pulls out the Pokeball, tossing it to you.

"Do tell the old man no hard feelings. Business is business after all.
Everyone hates a person like me until they need my abilities."

He straightens up. He gives you a business card for some caravan guy.
"Bodyguard work for a caravan through the forest. You'll have to get details from him if you're interested. Not illegal, but plenty dangerous.
Now, Helmet, is there anything else I can do for you?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-27, 11:07 PM
"That is all that the Professor requested," Dominic says as he pockets the card. "If I have time, I will consider the job. Thank you for keeping this civil." He then turns and leaves.

IF, and only if, no one stops him or tries to follow him then Dominic will return to the Pokecenter, taking his helmet off along the way.

Arcran
2013-03-01, 01:54 AM
"That is all that the Professor requested," Dominic says as he pockets the card. "If I have time, I will consider the job. Thank you for keeping this civil." He then turns and leaves.

IF, and only if, no one stops him or tries to follow him then Dominic will return to the Pokecenter, taking his helmet off along the way.

The man waves as you leave, but makes no move to follow or stop you.

You soon arrive at the Pokemon Center without anybody stopping you. A few look at your helmet with envy, marveling at the high level of protection it offers.

MintyNinja
2013-03-01, 01:57 AM
With his helmet tucked away in his bag he asks the woman at the front desk, "Hi, do you know the best way to send a message or package to Pallet Town? I need to contact Professor Oak."

Arcran
2013-03-01, 02:09 AM
With his helmet tucked away in his bag he asks the woman at the front desk, "Hi, do you know the best way to send a message or package to Pallet Town? I need to contact Professor Oak."

Check out the PTU Withdraw. You'll need to change it on Nepto.

"At this distance? Probably easiest to just bike back. We do offer Pidgey Mail services if that would be helpful. We'd just need you to sign a quick contract for us if you intend to use that sort of service."

MintyNinja
2013-03-01, 02:20 AM
"No, I'll just bike back. Do you have anything here that needs to be delivered to Pallet? I won't mind if it's small enough," Dominic says. Perhaps he could make a bit of money with a delivery, or even just do someone a favor. This town looked like it could use a lot of favors.

Arcran
2013-03-01, 08:02 PM
"No, I'll just bike back. Do you have anything here that needs to be delivered to Pallet? I won't mind if it's small enough," Dominic says. Perhaps he could make a bit of money with a delivery, or even just do someone a favor. This town looked like it could use a lot of favors.

"Me? No, all my family lives here. I know one of the guards by the gate has family back there though; maybe you could ask him?"

"It's nice of you to ask though," she says, flashing you a smile.

MintyNinja
2013-03-01, 08:06 PM
"It's no trouble on my part," Dominic replies. He leaves the Pokemon Center and estimates the time of day to be late morning, about Noon or so. That's enough time to get there if I pedal hard enough, he thinks. He approaches the South Gate, walking his bike. He asks the nearest guard, "Hey, I was told one the guards had family in Pallet. I'm about to head down there, do you think he'd wanna send a message or package?"

Arcran
2013-03-01, 08:42 PM
"It's no trouble on my part," Dominic replies. He leaves the Pokemon Center and estimates the time of day to be late morning, about Noon or so. That's enough time to get there if I pedal hard enough, he thinks. He approaches the South Gate, walking his bike. He asks the nearest guard, "Hey, I was told one the guards had family in Pallet. I'm about to head down there, do you think he'd wanna send a message or package?"

"I think so. He's usually down on gate duty. Think he has a girl in town. If you want to help out, I'm sure he'd appreciate it."

MintyNinja
2013-03-01, 09:13 PM
"Alright," Dominic says as he continues to the gate. Not much later he arrives and he asks the guard on duty, "Hi, I'm heading to Pallet town. I've been told you've got family there, would you like anything delivered? As long as I can just throw it in my bag it shouldn't be an issue."

Arcran
2013-03-02, 11:21 PM
"Alright," Dominic says as he continues to the gate. Not much later he arrives and he asks the guard on duty, "Hi, I'm heading to Pallet town. I've been told you've got family there, would you like anything delivered? As long as I can just throw it in my bag it shouldn't be an issue."

"Really?" the guard asks in surprise. "Yeah, I've got a girl back there. She works in the Breeding Center. If you could take her this letter, I'd really appreciate it," he says, handing you the letter as he waves for the gate to be opened.

"I really appreciate this."

MintyNinja
2013-03-03, 12:56 AM
"It's no trouble," Dominic says as he tucks the letter away. He doesn't make any promises about coming back or returning by a certain time. Both he and the guard know that nothing ever goes exactly according to plan out on the roads. Dominic mounts his bike and pedals off to the south, wary of rodents in the grass and birds in the sky.

Arcran
2013-03-03, 02:01 PM
"It's no trouble," Dominic says as he tucks the letter away. He doesn't make any promises about coming back or returning by a certain time. Both he and the guard know that nothing ever goes exactly according to plan out on the roads. Dominic mounts his bike and pedals off to the south, wary of rodents in the grass and birds in the sky.

As you bike, this time you feel much safer, observing things quickly. You continue to bike back towards town, until you hear the sounds of combat. Not Pokemon combat; the sound of weapons on weapons.

MintyNinja
2013-03-03, 03:38 PM
An internal debate between 'It's not my fight' and 'Someone might need my help' sparks up for a brief moment until a faint agreement is made. Dominic tries to stealthily approach the sounds of combat without dismounting from his bike. Nepto and the Rattata are still in their balls, he wanted to be able to escape quickly and easily if he had too.

Stealth: [roll0]

Arcran
2013-03-03, 04:04 PM
An internal debate between 'It's not my fight' and 'Someone might need my help' sparks up for a brief moment until a faint agreement is made. Dominic tries to stealthily approach the sounds of combat without dismounting from his bike. Nepto and the Rattata are still in their balls, he wanted to be able to escape quickly and easily if he had too.

Stealth: [roll0]

It takes you a few minutes to creep towards the source of the sound. Soon enough though, you find the source.

A small, ragtag cluster of tents with a makeshift wall of sticks lies in the distance, about two hundred yards off the main road. You can't quite make out who is fighting from this distance though. You hear a roar though; maybe there are some Pokemon involved.

MintyNinja
2013-03-03, 04:29 PM
Dominic turns away from the sounds of fighting and returns to the road. Self Preservation wins out against curiosity and he convinced himself that no help would come for his injured ass that far off the road. When he gets back to the route, though, he takes two sticks and sharpens them with his utility knife. Then he sticks them into the road, pointing towards the camp. Just in case he felt like coming by when not so badly injured. With that done he continues to Pallet Town.

Arcran
2013-03-05, 10:07 PM
Dominic turns away from the sounds of fighting and returns to the road. Self Preservation wins out against curiosity and he convinced himself that no help would come for his injured ass that far off the road. When he gets back to the route, though, he takes two sticks and sharpens them with his utility knife. Then he sticks them into the road, pointing towards the camp. Just in case he felt like coming by when not so badly injured. With that done he continues to Pallet Town.

You pedal furiously, soon arriving back in Pallet Town, the guards recognizing you and letting you in on sight.

MintyNinja
2013-03-05, 10:11 PM
Dominic nods his thanks at the guards and continues on at a leisurely pace to Oak's lab.

Time check?

Arcran
2013-03-06, 10:37 PM
Dominic nods his thanks at the guards and continues on at a leisurely pace to Oak's lab.

Time check?

6 or 7 PM.

You soon arrive at Oak's lab.

MintyNinja
2013-03-07, 12:08 AM
Dominic enters the lab and looks around for Professor Oak, calling out if he needs too. Once he finds the man he pulls out the pokeball and says, "Here you are, Professor. The Pokeball for your grandson's Pikachu. No complications arose with the thief and he seemed happy for it to leave his person."

OOC: I believe it's been over 24 hours since I was injured. Removing one from each Nepto and Dominic.

Arcran
2013-03-07, 12:44 AM
Dominic enters the lab and looks around for Professor Oak, calling out if he needs too. Once he finds the man he pulls out the pokeball and says, "Here you are, Professor. The Pokeball for your grandson's Pikachu. No complications arose with the thief and he seemed happy for it to leave his person."

OOC: I believe it's been over 24 hours since I was injured. Removing one from each Nepto and Dominic.

I tell you that. You still have an hour.

Oak looks at the ball, then back to you, then chuckles.

Thank you so much. I'll try to get this to him right away. If you'd gotten here a few hours sooner it would have been perfect.

Do you need any supplies? I feel like I should reimburse you for your time.

MintyNinja
2013-03-07, 12:56 AM
"Some food would be appreciated," Dominic says. "Also, I caught a Rattata yesterday but haven't had a chance to tame it yet. If you could help me with that I'd be very grateful. But first, a bit of time to just sit and rest. The road's still rough."

OOC: Sorry about that. Thought the Rattata thing was earlier in the day of Day 2. If it's alright can Dominic just sit and rest for that remaining hour? Maybe get that food from Oak before letting the Rattata out.

Arcran
2013-03-07, 02:39 AM
"Some food would be appreciated," Dominic says. "Also, I caught a Rattata yesterday but haven't had a chance to tame it yet. If you could help me with that I'd be very grateful. But first, a bit of time to just sit and rest. The road's still rough."

OOC: Sorry about that. Thought the Rattata thing was earlier in the day of Day 2. If it's alright can Dominic just sit and rest for that remaining hour? Maybe get that food from Oak before letting the Rattata out.

You can chill with Oak.

Let me go see what we've got in the fridge, Oak says, disappearing for a few minutes.

When he returns, he has a small plate with bread and cheese.

Here we go. Now, a Rattata you said? While I can most definitely help, I know one of the butchers in town has a Raticate. I've found evolved forms to be extremely useful in the taming process.

MintyNinja
2013-03-07, 02:42 AM
Dominic takes his time with the bread and cheese, enjoying the nice respite. "Do you think this butcher will help me out of the kindness of their heart? Or would a written letter of recommendation from you ease the process?" While he asks this he releases Nepto and gives the Squirtle some bread and cheese as well.

Arcran
2013-03-07, 02:45 AM
Dominic takes his time with the bread and cheese, enjoying the nice respite. "Do you think this butcher will help me out of the kindness of their heart? Or would a written letter of recommendation from you ease the process?" While he asks this he releases Nepto and gives the Squirtle some bread and cheese as well.

For a Rattata trainer? Maybe. Might help if you buy some of his supplies, but he's a good guy. Just don't piss him off. Probably one of the better hunters in the Vale.

MintyNinja
2013-03-07, 02:47 AM
"Alright then," Dominic says. His prospects were looking up now. "What's his name and the name of his shop?"

Arcran
2013-03-13, 02:16 AM
"Alright then," Dominic says. His prospects were looking up now. "What's his name and the name of his shop?"

Owner goes by the name of Lux. Has one of the biggest Raticates I've seen in awhile. Named Rat Gut Butchers.

MintyNinja
2013-03-13, 12:06 PM
"Thanks again," Dominic says to the Professor. "I'll come back in the morning before I leave to see if there's anything else you need done in Viridian City." He returns Nepto and leaves the Lab. Thinking it best to clear previous obligations before beginning new ones, he heads to the Breeding Center to deliver that letter before the place closes.

Arcran
2013-03-14, 08:21 PM
"Thanks again," Dominic says to the Professor. "I'll come back in the morning before I leave to see if there's anything else you need done in Viridian City." He returns Nepto and leaves the Lab. Thinking it best to clear previous obligations before beginning new ones, he heads to the Breeding Center to deliver that letter before the place closes.

You soon find your way to the Breeding Center. A secretary looks at you, waving you over.

"Is there anything I can do for you today?"

MintyNinja
2013-03-14, 11:30 PM
"I have a letter to be delivered," Dominic says. He hands the secretary the letter hoping she recognizes the name. "If it's alright I'd rather deliver it in person. Possible reply and such, right?"