PDA

View Full Version : Kanto: The Mad Scientist

Arcran
2013-01-31, 09:35 PM
The Charmander stretches, his small claws extending slightly, a jet of flame escaping his mouth. Seems you have your answer.

GFawkes
2013-02-01, 01:41 AM
"Fresh it is then. Off to the path between here and Viridian City!" Emma lifts Kyndir onto her shoulder then sets off for the road.

Arcran
2013-02-01, 01:47 AM
"Fresh it is then. Off to the path between here and Viridian City!" Emma lifts Kyndir onto her shoulder then sets off for the road.

As you near the gates, a guard stops you.

"What is your reason for leaving Pallet Town today?"

GFawkes
2013-02-01, 11:23 AM
"I plan on heading to Viridian City to deliver a package for Professor Oak, stopping to let my Charmander hunt along the way." Emma says plainly.

Arcran
2013-02-01, 07:40 PM
"I plan on heading to Viridian City to deliver a package for Professor Oak, stopping to let my Charmander hunt along the way." Emma says plainly.

The guard nods, allowing you out.

"And good riddance...."

The route lies wide open ahead of you.

Perception and Athletics if you want to get straight to the town, Athletics and Survival if you want to hunt something down.

GFawkes
2013-02-01, 11:31 PM
Shooting an indignant look at the guard as she passes by, Emma walks out the gate and into the horrible wild, named only in hushed tones as Route 1. Her smile looks wider than Kyndir's.

Speaking of Kyndir, Emma lets him onto the ground, allowing him to begin searching for food. She follows close behind, curious as to how he hunts and wanting to add her ability to the search.

Athletics: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Arcran
2013-02-02, 03:15 AM
Maybe it's the high after receiving your own Pokemon, but the travel on the road hits you like a hammer. Peddling your bike feels like pushing a train. Due partly to this slowness, you hear a loud screech long before you find the identifying marks of some sort of Pokemon.

Turning up, you see a large bird circling above. Seems like the hunter and hunted have swapped rolls. Your Chamander attempts to growl at the flying shape, glaring at it angrily.

GFawkes
2013-02-02, 04:19 AM
Emma looks up, seeing the shadow of the bird above her. "Hmm...doesn't look too friendly," she sniffs her arm, "and I'm fairly certain I'm alive. Might as well see if Oak's doohickey works." She pulls out her pokedex and attempts to scan the creature.

Arcran
2013-02-02, 12:24 PM
Emma looks up, seeing the shadow of the bird above her. "Hmm...doesn't look too friendly," she sniffs her arm, "and I'm fairly certain I'm alive. Might as well see if Oak's doohickey works." She pulls out her pokedex and attempts to scan the creature.

A red laser shoots out, attempting to scan the Pokemon. It seems to be out of the range of the "doohickecy" though; it's still a good forty feet up, just circling for now.

GFawkes
2013-02-02, 03:36 PM
"Out of range....What do you think Kyndir, do we risk it?"

Arcran
2013-02-02, 04:02 PM
The Charmander roars up above, shooting a tiny jet of flame at the Pokemon.

It is beginning to circle lower and lower.

GFawkes
2013-02-02, 04:19 PM
"Alright then. Lunch it is." Emma grins, continuing to attempt a scan.

Keep trying to scan until it gets in range, then scan it. After that, soup's on.

Arcran
2013-02-02, 09:10 PM
The circling shape suddenly dives, aimed right at your head. Moving as a blur, long sharp claws slash across your forehead, drawing blood. It trickles down, flowing into your goggles and making them cloudy. In addition, the blunt force of the blow makes you a little dizzy.

18 damage. You gain 2 Injuries. -1 Speed Stage and you will also have to roll 1 higher on Attack Rolls.

Kynder roars cutely. The gaze of the hawk shoots at the small Pokemon. It continues to stand firm, awaiting a command.

Your Pokedex finally registers the information:

Pokemon Scanned: Pidgeotto

GFawkes
2013-02-02, 11:32 PM
Emma clutches her head in pain, trying to wipe some of the blood off her goggles. "Kyndir, use Ember on this thing. Don't be gentle."

Emma then takes a swing at the bird, though she has a hard time seeing through the blood.

STRUGGLE ATTACK:
To hit (AC 5): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + 5 = 18

EMBER:
To hit (AC 2): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + 9 = 20

Arcran
2013-02-03, 12:25 AM
The attacks barely phase the giant bird. You strike bounces off the Pokemon, as if its hide was comprised of heavy metal, not feathers. In addition, the aim on the Ember was off, barely singing the wings of the great bird. The flames bother the beast though; it shifts its focus off the obviously weak Emma and instead sends a powerful gust of wind at Kynder. While the initial blast of wind does very little, it puts out his tail momentarily, making the small Pokemon wheeze violently. It ignites, but the amount of toxins in the blood of Kynder will likely slow him down. He moves his arms sluggishly and doesn't seem to be able to maintain a kinetic barrier as well.

14 damage to Kynder. That means 2 Injuries. -1 Attack and -1 Special Defense Combat Stages.

GFawkes
2013-02-03, 03:23 PM
Through her bloody goggles, Emma can see Kyndir in trouble. Damn, looks like it's now or never.

She fumbles through her pockets for a pokeball. "Kyndir, try burning it again before backing up!" she calls to the flame lizard. After he backs up, she throws a pokeball at the bird.

Delay my action until after Ember. Kyndir has a speed of 8, mine is 7.875 currently

EMBER:
To hit (AC 2, burns on 18+): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

POKEBALL
To Hit (Wagered): [roll2]
Capture Roll: [roll3]

Arcran
2013-02-03, 04:16 PM
Through her bloody goggles, Emma can see Kyndir in trouble. Damn, looks like it's now or never.

She fumbles through her pockets for a pokeball. "Kyndir, try burning it again before backing up!" she calls to the flame lizard. After he backs up, she throws a pokeball at the bird.

Delay my action until after Ember. Kyndir has a speed of 8, mine is 7.875 currently

EMBER:
To hit (AC 2, burns on 18+): [roll0]

POKEBALL
To Hit (Wagered): [roll2]
Capture Roll: [roll3]

Kynder's blast of fire is easily deflected, a quick blast of wind scattering the feeble flames. It provides just the distraction you need to lob your Poke ball ball. The bird doesn't see it coming until it's too late; a wing flies up to try to swat it away, but it is too late. The ball connects, absorbing the bird. It takes a long second for the ball to fully close, signifying a catch.

Kynder growls, glaring at the Poke ball before coughing violently, vomiting gasoline-smelling liquid all over the ground.

GFawkes
2013-02-03, 05:04 PM
Emma breathes heavily, wiping the last bits of blood off her goggles. "Well, that was...something, right Kyndir?" she manages to smile weakly before picking up the pokeball. She takes out a potion. "This may sting a bit, but it'll make you feel better. Probably." She then squirts it over Kyndir, seeing it steam slightly as it hits his skin.

Turning to the ball on the ground, she gives it a curious look. "The hell was that thing? Felt like punching a wall when I hit it." She takes out her pokedex and analyzes the pokeball before pocketing it. "Looks like we may need to skip lunch today, Kyndir. I'm bleeding a little more than I usually do at this time of day."

-1 Potion, used on Kyndir
Rescan Pidgeotto

Arcran
2013-02-04, 01:21 AM
Emma breathes heavily, wiping the last bits of blood off her goggles. "Well, that was...something, right Kyndir?" she manages to smile weakly before picking up the pokeball. She takes out a potion. "This may sting a bit, but it'll make you feel better. Probably." She then squirts it over Kyndir, seeing it steam slightly as it hits his skin.

Turning to the ball on the ground, she gives it a curious look. "The hell was that thing? Felt like punching a wall when I hit it." She takes out her pokedex and analyzes the pokeball before pocketing it. "Looks like we may need to skip lunch today, Kyndir. I'm bleeding a little more than I usually do at this time of day."

-1 Potion, used on Kyndir
Rescan Pidgeotto

The Pokedex soon returns information on the vicious bird, giving you a full Pokedex entry. (http://arcran.wikidot.com/pidgeotto)

Pokemon Scanned.
Species: Pidgeotto
Type: Normal / Flying
Power Level: 15
Health: 75%
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Bold
Moves:
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Gust
Quick Attack

Kynder glares at you menacingly when you mention skipping lunch.

GFawkes
2013-02-04, 02:16 AM
"Don't you start with me, mister. We just got our rear ends served to us by what we thought was lunch. If we're going to make it to Viridian, we need to go back and get some proper supplies. I'll see if the butcher shop has anything you'll eat while we're there, deal?" she says, adopting a surprisingly motherly tone. An angry mother, but a mother none the less.

She picks up Kyndir, placing him on her shoulder, and starts heading back to Pallet.

Arcran
2013-02-04, 02:18 AM
"Don't you start with me, mister. We just got our rear ends served to us by what we thought was lunch. If we're going to make it to Viridian, we need to go back and get some proper supplies. I'll see if the butcher shop has anything you'll eat while we're there, deal?" she says, adopting a surprisingly motherly tone. An angry mother, but a mother none the less.

The Charmander snarls angrily, obviously unhappy, but it does not attack. It obviously wants food though. It refuses your attempt to place him on your shoulder.

You manage to make it back to Pallet Town without any ill-effects. The guards let you in reluctantly, looking hopefully at the bloody gash across your head.

GFawkes
2013-02-04, 02:24 AM
"First things first, let's get you fed. Do you want to eat more or less than your current body weight?" Emma says to Kyndir, heading for the butcher shop. She opens the door and hears the little bell ring.

Arcran
2013-02-04, 11:13 PM
"First things first, let's get you fed. Do you want to eat more or less than your current body weight?" Emma says to Kyndir, heading for the butcher shop. She opens the door and hears the little bell ring.

Rat Gut Butchers added to the Wiki!

A large rat glares at you, hopping off the counter to advance slowly towards your Charmander. Kynder seems to be about to attack when you hear a shout from the back.

"Hey! Blud! Don't eat the customers!"

A large man, wiping blood of a knife as long as his forearm, walks out of the back. "What can I do you for?"

GFawkes
2013-02-05, 01:51 PM
"I'm hoping to buy some meat for Kyndir here, at least enough to last until Viridian. We're on a budget, but also want quality."

Arcran
2013-02-05, 08:05 PM
"I'm hoping to buy some meat for Kyndir here, at least enough to last until Viridian. We're on a budget, but also want quality."

"Why not buy a few pounds of this then!" Lux says, slapping a large steak cut on the counter. Kynder looks at it longingly. That's probably at least three or four meals.

"I'll sell it for," he says, looking at a scale, "^150."

GFawkes
2013-02-05, 11:15 PM
Seeing Kyndir salivating, Emma acts quickly. "Sounds like a deal to me," she says, handing over the needed ^. "Any tips for preservation or preparation? We'll be travelling with it, so seasonings may be light."

Arcran
2013-02-05, 11:43 PM
Seeing Kyndir salivating, Emma acts quickly. "Sounds like a deal to me," she says, handing over the needed ^. "Any tips for preservation or preparation? We'll be travelling with it, so seasonings may be light."

"I can sell you some salt for preserving it, but honestly, your little Charmander will probably eat that stuff within the next day or two. They burn the crap out of it anyways, so it won't be an issue for him if it is a little tainted by him."

GFawkes
2013-02-05, 11:52 PM
"Guess we'll just take it raw then. Emma shrugs, paying for the meat as Lux wraps it in the standard brown paper. "Thank you!" she calls as she leaves with Kyndir. She tears off a small piece and gives it to him.

"Now before you dig in, we've got one more stop to make. Remember our friend from when we left? I want to see if Oak knows anything about how to calm him down." she says, referring to the Pidgeotto. She heads for Oak's lab, forehead still gashed. Opening the door, she calls for him. "Hey Oak! You here? Need a hand with something! No explosions, I promise!"

Arcran
2013-02-05, 11:58 PM
"Guess we'll just take it raw then. Emma shrugs, paying for the meat as Lux wraps it in the standard brown paper. "Thank you!" she calls as she leaves with Kyndir. She tears off a small piece and gives it to him.

"Now before you dig in, we've got one more stop to make. Remember our friend from when we left? I want to see if Oak knows anything about how to calm him down." she says, referring to the Pidgeotto. She heads for Oak's lab, forehead still gashed. Opening the door, she calls for him. "Hey Oak! You here? Need a hand with something! No explosions, I promise!"

Oak opens the door, staring you at shock for a moment.

"What did you do to your face?" he almost shouts.

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 12:03 AM
"Technically, it wasn't me. It was this guy," she says, pulling out the pokeball containing the Pidgeotto. [color=grey]"Damn thing attacked us. I think the bleeding has stopped, but we both took more than a few hits in vital areas. Anyways, do you know of anything that could calm it down? Or at least have it focus its attacks on something else?"

Arcran
2013-02-06, 12:09 AM
"Technically, it wasn't me. It was this guy," she says, pulling out the pokeball containing the Pidgeotto. [color=grey]"Damn thing attacked us. I think the bleeding has stopped, but we both took more than a few hits in vital areas. Anyways, do you know of anything that could calm it down? Or at least have it focus its attacks on something else?"

A Pidgeotto? You caught a Pidgeotto? Oak says, stunned.

I can't think of anything to calm it down right now. If you wish I could try to help you break it, but a Pokemon that strong is unlikely to listen to you anytime soon. How did you catch it?

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 12:18 AM
"Umm...the normal way? Do some damage to it then throw a pokeball and hope for the best?" Emma replies, shrugging. "Any help in taming it would be greatly appreciated. Don't think my modeling career could live if I took any more damage."

Arcran
2013-02-06, 12:27 AM
"Umm...the normal way? Do some damage to it then throw a pokeball and hope for the best?" Emma replies, shrugging. "Any help in taming it would be greatly appreciated. Don't think my modeling career could live if I took any more damage."

Oak snickers at that.

Come on inside. I doubt we'll have much success, but we can always try.

He waves down a few of his Magnemite, having them form a small triangle.

Release it in the middle. It should give us a good chance of talking it down.

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 12:29 AM
"Alright, but if it kills me, you are so dead." Emma says, throwing the pokeball into the middle of the Magnemite. A flash of light, at the Pidgeotto emerges.

Arcran
2013-02-06, 01:07 AM
"Alright, but if it kills me, you are so dead." Emma says, throwing the pokeball into the middle of the Magnemite. A flash of light, at the Pidgeotto emerges.

Oak rolls his eyes.

As the Pokeball opens, the bird flies out, screeching angrily. It seems the Mangemite and stays still, cawing angrily.

Go ahead, Oak says.

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 01:14 AM
"Umm..hi? Do you remember me? I don't think we met each other properly. I'm Emma and this is Kyndir. Do you have a name?" Emma speaks nervously, her injuries tingling slightly.

Arcran
2013-02-06, 01:27 AM
"Umm..hi? Do you remember me? I don't think we met each other properly. I'm Emma and this is Kyndir. Do you have a name?" Emma speaks nervously, her injuries tingling slightly.

The bird locks eyes on you, simply glaring at you murderously. It ruffles its feathers and looks at the Magnemite as if weighing its odds.

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 01:31 AM
"If possible, I'd like to start over with you. You know, fresh start? No hard feelings? No more fire hitting you?"

Arcran
2013-02-06, 05:34 PM
"If possible, I'd like to start over with you. You know, fresh start? No hard feelings? No more fire hitting you?"

The bird nods its head, before flying forward like a laseer beam, hitting you straight in the chest. You're sent flying by the hit, quickly falling unconscious. As you fall down, you hear the sound of electric shocks and the bird crying out.

When you later awake, you're lying on a hospital bed in the lab. And IV drip is hooked up to your arm. Your chest is heavily bandaged, and you can't move very well. Your entire chest is in agony.

You're awake, Professor Oak says, walking back in. That Pidgeotto Hit you pretty hard. Are you feeling alright?

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 07:20 PM
"ugghhh....I think I bramaged my dain," Emma says as she regains consciousness, slowly gaining awareness of everything around her. "What happened?"

Arcran
2013-02-06, 08:36 PM
"ugghhh....I think I bramaged my dain," Emma says as she regains consciousness, slowly gaining awareness of everything around her. "What happened?"

The Pidgeotto attacked you. Moved to quickly for the Magnemite to hit before it struck. They subdued it. I've returned it for now. Do you need anything?

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 10:24 PM
"My ribcage would be nice. And an estimate of how long I was out and how much longer I'll be stuck here would be helpful. I've got science to do."

Arcran
2013-02-06, 10:30 PM
"My ribcage would be nice. And an estimate of how long I was out and how much longer I'll be stuck here would be helpful. I've got science to do."

You weren't out for long; thing barely knocked you out. Between you're earlier injuries and what you currently have, you should rest for a bit. At least stay the night. I can probably patch you up, but you'll want to take it easy for at least a day or two.

Sorry, two more Injuries.

GFawkes
2013-02-06, 10:35 PM
"And Kyndir?" Emma tries to roll around in her bed, hoping to get a good look around without causing too much pain to herself.

Arcran
2013-02-06, 10:45 PM
"And Kyndir?" Emma tries to roll around in her bed, hoping to get a good look around without causing too much pain to herself.

He has been returned as well. I wasn't in the mood to deal with a Charmander, Oak says.

Looking around, you see much of the old lab. This seems to be a small sort of sickbay, separated from the rest of the lab.

GFawkes
2013-02-07, 12:11 AM
"Well, at least he's alright." Emma sighs, leaning back in bed.

Since Emma's bedridden, I've got nothing planned until she heals. Feel free to fast forward her timeline

Arcran
2013-02-07, 12:26 AM
"Well, at least he's alright." Emma sighs, leaning back in bed.

Since Emma's bedridden, I've got nothing planned until she heals. Feel free to fast forward her timeline

Don't even want to talk to the Pokemon Professor?

:smallsigh:

Oak makes a few feeble attempts at small talk, but when he sees that they are ineffectual he simply sends in a nurse to tend to you.

She changes your chest bandages, an experience that is slightly awkward. She also stitches up your head. That night she makes you sleep far more than normally.

When you awake, you are feeling much better. Your wounds, while not healed 100%, are much better. Oak walks in, two Pokeballs in hand.

Ah, you're awake. I figured you'll probably want this back, Oak says, tossing you Kynder's ball. You can see the Charmander inside, giving an angry look about being confined.

Do you have plans for this one? he says, holding up the Pidgeotto. If you're willing to do some work for me, I have a better idea for this one.

GFawkes
2013-02-07, 12:29 AM
"As long as it doesn't involve it trying to kill me again, I'll go for it." Emma says, stretching and letting Kyndir out. "Sorry about that, Kyndir. Apparently you're a much tougher guy than me." she says to him, trying to be friendly.

Arcran
2013-02-07, 12:38 AM
"As long as it doesn't involve it trying to kill me again, I'll go for it." Emma says, stretching and letting Kyndir out. "Sorry about that, Kyndir. Apparently you're a much tougher guy than me." she says to him, trying to be friendly.

Well, the Pidgeotto won't be trying to kill you, Oak says awkwardly.

As you know, Gary will soon be beginning his own Pokemon journey. This means that, unfortunately, he'll have to head to Pewter City. You likely have heard of the dangers of Viridian Forest, have you not? I want you to make sure he gets through the forest in more-or-less one piece. In exchange for your service and that bird, I will give you a Magnemite. Is that agreement satisfactory?

GFawkes
2013-02-07, 01:06 AM
"Works for me. I've had about enough of that damn bird," Emma says, standing up and wobbling slightly. "As long as we have better luck than I did, we should make it there fine. He have a pokemon?"

Arcran
2013-02-07, 01:08 AM
"Works for me. I've had about enough of that damn bird," Emma says, standing up and wobbling slightly. "As long as we have better luck than I did, we should make it there fine. He have a pokemon?"

He has his Pikachu. I doubt he'll slow you down.

GFawkes
2013-02-07, 01:56 AM
"Just give me and Kyndir a little bit to get ourselves gathered. Also, do you have any books on Pokemon biology I could borrow? I figure if we get hurt again, I should know what organ goes where."

Arcran
2013-02-07, 01:59 AM
"Just give me and Kyndir a little bit to get ourselves gathered. Also, do you have any books on Pokemon biology I could borrow? I figure if we get hurt again, I should know what organ goes where."

Now why would you need a book? he says, when you have a Pokedex? I assure you it will have any data you could possibly need. If it doesn't, it's not in a book.

GFawkes
2013-02-07, 11:12 PM
Emma takes out her pokedex, verifying that it does, in fact, name every organ, bone, and muscle in the bodies of the pokemon she's analyzed. "Huh, didn't know that. Alright then, I just need to grab my things and we should be good to head out."

Arcran
2013-02-07, 11:44 PM
Emma takes out her pokedex, verifying that it does, in fact, name every organ, bone, and muscle in the bodies of the pokemon she's analyzed. "Huh, didn't know that. Alright then, I just need to grab my things and we should be good to head out."

You know what happens when you assume....

Oak nods, leaving you to gather your things.

GFawkes
2013-02-08, 12:07 AM
Emma stretches, having spent the last day in bed. "Alright Kyndir. Looks like we're going to get rid of that bird. I say good riddance. And we're going to be escorting a person and a pokemon to Pewter City. No eating or burning them. Yet. You have anything you want to get before we head out?" she says to the flaming lizard.

Arcran
2013-02-08, 12:12 AM
Emma stretches, having spent the last day in bed. "Alright Kyndir. Looks like we're going to get rid of that bird. I say good riddance. And we're going to be escorting a person and a pokemon to Pewter City. No eating or burning them. Yet. You have anything you want to get before we head out?" she says to the flaming lizard.

The Charmander pats its belly. Again.

GFawkes
2013-02-08, 12:20 AM
"I think I get what you're saying. Where'd I put that steak...Ah!" Emma riffles through her things until she finds the meat. Figuring it's been a day, she hands him the whole thing.

Arcran
2013-02-08, 01:14 AM
"I think I get what you're saying. Where'd I put that steak...Ah!" Emma riffles through her things until she finds the meat. Figuring it's been a day, she hands him the whole thing.

The Charmander spits some sort of gasoline-smelling substance over the steak then ignites it, completely charring the meat before devouring it.

GFawkes
2013-02-08, 01:03 PM
"Big eater, huh? That'll have to be your breakfast. If we find something not quite as intent as killing us on the road, you can turn it into lunch. For now, let's get going." Emma heads for the door, double checking that she has everything and that Kyndir is following.

Arcran
2013-02-09, 11:51 AM
"Big eater, huh? That'll have to be your breakfast. If we find something not quite as intent as killing us on the road, you can turn it into lunch. For now, let's get going." Emma heads for the door, double checking that she has everything and that Kyndir is following.

You do in fact have everything. Kyndir is following you. You get many a dirty look for having the savage-looking Charmander out of its Pokeball.

Oak waves you down as you leave.

Wait! You have to wait for Gary!

GFawkes
2013-02-09, 03:17 PM
Emma stops. "Knew I forgot something. Do you know when he'll be here?"

Arcran
2013-02-09, 03:35 PM
Emma stops. "Knew I forgot something. Do you know when he'll be here?"

Oak checks his watch.

Another hour? Two at most?

GFawkes
2013-02-09, 04:38 PM
"Alright, but if he's not here after two hours, I may start doing science outside of my lab." Emma replies, waiting by the gate for Gary.

Arcran
2013-02-10, 02:30 PM
"Alright, but if he's not here after two hours, I may start doing science outside of my lab." Emma replies, waiting by the gate for Gary.

It only takes Gary about half and hour to arrive at the gate.

"Yo. You the stiff my gramps assigned me?" he says, a Pikachu hanging on his shoulder. It seems quite tame.

GFawkes
2013-02-10, 03:38 PM
"From the tone I can assume you meant companion, and yes. If he filled you in, you'll know that I know that it's dangerous out there. We should head out as soon as possible. With luck, we could possibly make it to Viridian City before the day ends." Emma states, walking around Gary and seeming to appraise him. Checking things like how far down the back of his neck the hair goes, how loose his clothing is on him, and if he tied his shoes with the "loop and swoop" method or the "bunny ears" method.

Arcran
2013-02-11, 01:08 AM
"From the tone I can assume you meant companion, and yes. If he filled you in, you'll know that I know that it's dangerous out there. We should head out as soon as possible. With luck, we could possibly make it to Viridian City before the day ends." Emma states, walking around Gary and seeming to appraise him. Checking things like how far down the back of his neck the hair goes, how loose his clothing is on him, and if he tied his shoes with the "loop and swoop" method or the "bunny ears" method.

Gary's brown hair hangs down around his head. While not necessarily long, it gives the look of being wild and unkempt while still looking stylish. He wears a baggy jacket, despite the heat, but his pants fit him well. Finally, he doesn't use either; he has those fancy Running Shoes; they use some new technology called "velcro."

"You like what you see?" he says, a confident smirk on his face.

GFawkes
2013-02-11, 01:42 PM
"Hardly. Your hair. Too spikey. Makes for easy target. And your clothing. Too loose. Could easily get caught on something. Shoes are of interest. Lack of lace proves useful in some scenarios, detrimental in others." Emma states this all quickly, taking very slight breaths between sentences. "We should leave now. Time wait for no man, and I am no man." She starts heading through the gate, checking to see that Gary follows. Assuming he does, they set out.

Arcran
2013-02-11, 10:41 PM
"Hardly. Your hair. Too spikey. Makes for easy target. And your clothing. Too loose. Could easily get caught on something. Shoes are of interest. Lack of lace proves useful in some scenarios, detrimental in others." Emma states this all quickly, taking very slight breaths between sentences. "We should leave now. Time wait for no man, and I am no man." She starts heading through the gate, checking to see that Gary follows. Assuming he does, they set out.

You are mother****ing Mordin.

Gary just stands there, stunned, until his Pikachu cries out. He then jogs after you, stuttering.

"What the hell are you talking about! I'm Gary Oak! I'm the coolest kid in town!"

GFawkes
2013-02-11, 11:23 PM
I just beat ME2 for the first time, and the personalities fit so well. I kinda had to. If she starts singing Gilbert and Sullivan, then you can say I'm Mordin and enact vengance appropriately.

"That and http://arcran.wdfiles.com/local--files/pallet-town/money.png175 will get you a candy bar. Or that and a Pidgeotto will get you killed, depending on the circumstances. Since I plan on living, try to keep up." Emma says, looking over her shoulder at him. She turns to Kyndir. "So Kyndir, ready for round 2 against Route 1?"

Arcran
2013-02-12, 01:07 AM
I just beat ME2 for the first time, and the personalities fit so well. I kinda had to. If she starts singing Gilbert and Sullivan, then you can say I'm Mordin and enact vengance appropriately.

"That and http://arcran.wdfiles.com/local--files/pallet-town/money.png175 will get you a candy bar. Or that and a Pidgeotto will get you killed, depending on the circumstances. Since I plan on living, try to keep up." Emma says, looking over her shoulder at him. She turns to Kyndir. "So Kyndir, ready for round 2 against Route 1?"

Vengeance? I'll give you a ****ing medal. Also, unless you made some random choices... No more Mordin.

"Please. Jolt can handle any stupid bird we run into," Gary says, stepping back into his cocky self.

Kyndir snorts angrily, his tail flashing visibly brighter. "Ready" may be an understatement.

Kyndir snorts happily, glaring.

GFawkes
2013-02-12, 01:33 AM
[spoiler]Don't think that will happen for a while. But when it does, I have a feeling it will involve Casey.[/color]

"And that's how I got these scars. Overconfidence will get you killed. Or possibly worse. Whatever your motives, just keep moving and stay alert." Emma keeps walking and talking. From her tone, it can be gathered that she has much more to say, much of it irrelevant, but is trying not to out of politeness.

Arcran
2013-02-12, 02:12 AM
[spoiler]Don't think that will happen for a while. But when it does, I have a feeling it will involve Casey.[/color]

"And that's how I got these scars. Overconfidence will get you killed. Or possibly worse. Whatever your motives, just keep moving and stay alert." Emma keeps walking and talking. From her tone, it can be gathered that she has much more to say, much of it irrelevant, but is trying not to out of politeness.

As you begin to walk towards Viridian, you hear a click behind you. Turning, you see Gary has folded out his bike.

"Smell 'ya later. I'm not wasting my time walking. Have fun feeding the Rattata!" he says, leaving you behind in a cloud of dust.

GFawkes
2013-02-12, 02:45 AM
Emma buries her face in her palm. "How much you want to bet we'll need to save him?" she asks Kyndir before assembling her own bike. Making sure that Kyndir is holding on firmly to her body, she bikes off after Gary.

Arcran
2013-02-12, 03:16 AM
Emma buries her face in her palm. "How much you want to bet we'll need to save him?" she asks Kyndir before assembling her own bike. Making sure that Kyndir is holding on firmly to her body, she bikes off after Gary.

Whether through plain dumb luck of some margin of skill, it seems Gary hasn't been mauled to death yet. You can see him peddling about thirty yards ahead.

"Hurry up Slowpoke!"

You see a few small dots in the sky, rapidly closing...

Perception.

GFawkes
2013-02-12, 03:46 AM
"Now is not the time!" Emma calls to him, indicating to look up. "Incoming avians!"

Perception: [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-18, 03:46 PM
You count three birds. Gary, being ahead of you, can't see you signal. The birds swoop in low, colliding with him and knocking him off his bike. He cries out in pain, he and his Pikachu falling to the ground, dazed.

GFawkes
2013-02-18, 11:02 PM
Emma hits the brakes, coming to a stop shortly. "Kyndir, light 'em up with Ember! The birds, not the human." she clarifies, letting Kyndir onto the ground. The lizard lets a burst of flame fly from his mouth, headed for a bird just to the side of Gary.

Advance to G6 (Shift Action)
Put Kyndir on the ground at F6 (He was already out, Standard Action)

Kydir uses Ember on F2.
To Hit (vs. 2): [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-19, 08:44 PM
Sorry, forgot to say that he couldn't have balanced on your shoulder. It doesn't matter with the new release rules though.

The Ember connects, dealing a fair amount of damage to the Pokemon. Gary gets up, sniffling, and runs backwards, his Pikachu following him.

"Get them away!"

The birds attack you now, flying forward. Two swerve towards Kyndir. A quick burst of flames forces one to swerve away, but the other takes the chance to swerve into Kyndir. You can hear the cracking of bones as he flies through the air. With that much pain, it'll be hard to focus.

17 damage. 2 Injuries. -1 Special Attack, -1 Special Defense Stage.

The other hits you, hard. It knocks you off your bike, sending you through the air. You land heavily, landing hard on your leg. Your ankle twists painfully. Running will be hard.

16 damage. You gain 2 Injuries. -2 Speed stages.

GFawkes
2013-02-22, 12:10 AM
Emma lets out a painful scream, then uses her arm to tug herself back from the birds. "Kyndir, use Ember again, aim for the same one." she says to the injured lizard.

She turns to Gary. "I don't know what you're thinking, but if it's anything other than 'fight the damn birds', then there is no hope for you out here. If you're really so great, here's a perfect time to prove it."

Emma moves back to G9

Kyndir used Ember on H2, wherever that specific Pidgey is now.
To hit: [roll0]

I know that some kind of roll is involved with getting Gary to be useful. Just not sure which specific one. Just mention which it is and I'll roll in the OOC

Arcran
2013-02-22, 12:55 AM
Emma lets out a painful scream, then uses her arm to tug herself back from the birds. "Kyndir, use Ember again, aim for the same one." she says to the injured lizard.

She turns to Gary. "I don't know what you're thinking, but if it's anything other than 'fight the damn birds', then there is no hope for you out here. If you're really so great, here's a perfect time to prove it."

Emma moves back to G9

Kyndir used Ember on H2, wherever that specific Pidgey is now.
To hit: [roll0]

I know that some kind of roll is involved with getting Gary to be useful. Just not sure which specific one. Just mention which it is and I'll roll in the OOC

Gary doesn't even look back, continuing to run. The Pikachu, on the other hand, must have much more balls. It stops and sends a powerful burst of electricity, dropping another bird.

The final bird flees, attempting to escape the onslaught of attacks. The Pikachu looks at you, then hangs its head, ashamed.

4 EXP to Kynder.

GFawkes
2013-02-22, 01:34 AM
Emma continues to grunt in pain, trying to stay clear-headed. "Good boy, Kyndir. You can eat the unconcious birds if you're hungry."

Looking at Jolt, she smiles. "Thank you. You may not have stopped all of them, but you did better than some people I know." She tries to scratch behind the Pikachu's ears, assuming it doesn't bite or growl or do any other aggressive sign.

Arcran
2013-02-22, 01:56 AM
Emma continues to grunt in pain, trying to stay clear-headed. "Good boy, Kyndir. You can eat the unconcious birds if you're hungry."

Looking at Jolt, she smiles. "Thank you. You may not have stopped all of them, but you did better than some people I know." She tries to scratch behind the Pikachu's ears, assuming it doesn't bite or growl or do any other aggressive sign.

The Pikachu is tamer than Kynder; either Gary has had it for a very long time or Oak saved the best for his grandson. Probably a little of both.

Kyndir, who had already been creeping towards the bird he fried, dashes over, fangs greedily sinking into the corpse of the fallen bird.

Gary is nowhere in sight.

GFawkes
2013-02-22, 04:32 AM
Emma tries to stand up, but falls when she puts any amount of weight on her broken ankle. "Son of a bitch that hurts. And speaking of SOBs, I can name one who won't live through the night if we don't find him."

She takes a Potion from her pack, spritzing her ankle before taking off her labcoat and tieing it around her ankle, attempting to hold the bones in place. "And here we see the inherent problem with flesh and bone: it breaks and takes too long to fix. If this were mechanical, I could have it back in tip-top condition in an hour tops," she turns again to Jolt, "If you want to be my hero again, stick with us until we find Gary? I know he left us here to die, but hell hath no fury like Professor Oak scorned."

As soon as Kyndir finishes eating, she sprays him with a Potion as well.

-2 Potions
Kyndir at Temporary Max Health
Emma at Temporary Max Health

Arcran
2013-02-22, 08:16 PM
Emma tries to stand up, but falls when she puts any amount of weight on her broken ankle. "Son of a bitch that hurts. And speaking of SOBs, I can name one who won't live through the night if we don't find him."

She takes a Potion from her pack, spritzing her ankle before taking off her labcoat and tieing it around her ankle, attempting to hold the bones in place. "And here we see the inherent problem with flesh and bone: it breaks and takes too long to fix. If this were mechanical, I could have it back in tip-top condition in an hour tops," she turns again to Jolt, "If you want to be my hero again, stick with us until we find Gary? I know he left us here to die, but hell hath no fury like Professor Oak scorned."

As soon as Kyndir finishes eating, she sprays him with a Potion as well.

-2 Potions
Kyndir at Temporary Max Health
Emma at Temporary Max Health

It takes Kyndir a few minutes to finish, but soon enough you are able to spray both of you down, the miracle solution accelerating your healing.

Jolt nods, then begins to limp back towards Pallet. You can tell he isn't in the best shape either.