PDA

View Full Version : Kanto: Route 1

Arcran
2013-02-01, 12:35 AM
For those players that meet up on the safest Route in Kanto.

"Where the Muk did that come from?" Dominic groans as he pushes himself off the ground. He looks around and sees Alexis, remembering her from Oak's Lab not that long ago. Didn't she have a package to deliver? "Hey, Alexis! How are you doing there? Everything okay?"

HotRoute
2013-02-01, 01:06 AM
Alexis can't remember this man's name but is too tired to care. "No. I'm exhausted. This is miserable."

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 01:07 AM
"What? You're tired already? We haven't been out of town all that long, have we?" Dominic asks. He's not really surprised that she was having a hard time of it, she looked kinda frail. "I'm Dominic. Oak has a job for me in Viridian, do you need a travel partner? Keep you moving and such?"

HotRoute
2013-02-01, 01:12 AM
"Erm, yeah. That'd probably be good." Alexis fixes the contents in her pack on her back. She rests with one foot on the ground, reveling in each second she has to take a break. My name is Alexis. I work in - um, used to work in Pallet Town's lab. But, uh, you already knew that." She looks around anxiously. In an attempt to secure more time to rest, she offers to Dominic, "Are you okay from that fall? Do you want to rest?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 01:14 AM
"I'll be fine. I want to get to Viridian soon, though. Ready to get moving?" Dominic asks as he picks up his bike.

HotRoute
2013-02-01, 01:15 AM
Alexis grumbles. "Okay." Dammit. She picks herself back up and pedals forward. "Let's go."

Arcran
2013-02-01, 01:21 AM
As you begin to mount your bikes, you hear chattering. The Rattata, likely giving up chase on the earlier man, come back with two other friends! They just noticed you, running towards the two of you!

Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdEhFWEIzSTlXNG5XMWJnWEdlcnhYe nc#gid=4)

You may not fight while mounted.

As you are not swapping, these Pokemon may act when released.

Initiative:
Rattata
Dominic
Alexis
Unnamed Bulbasaur
Nepto

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 01:33 AM
"Alright, don't panic. We can handle this," Dominic says to Alexis as well as himself. He releases Nepto (F17) as he dismounts his bike and adds, "We're in for a fight, little guy. Curl up so you don't get hurt too bad."

Dominic: HP 34/41, Def 10, SDef 6, Spd 10
Dismounts.

Nepto: HP 43/43, Def 13, SDef 10, Spd 2
Withdraw: +1 Def CS! 11 -> 13

HotRoute
2013-02-01, 01:45 AM
Alexis looks over to Dominic. Do we fight or fly? Her heart races behind a calm face. He instinctively dismounts from his bike, and so does she. She reaches down to her pokeball and tosses out her Bulbasaur. She quietly mumbles, "Here we go..."

The blue and green creature materializes in front of her and leaps up. "Saur!"

"Bulbasaur!" Alexis uses the firmest voice she can muster. "Attack them with your, uh," she racks her brain, "Vine Whip attack!"

After it does, Alexis adds, "Then come back!" Don't just stand there like a stupid target...
Swift Action - Dismount from Bicycle.
Shift Action - Release Bulbasaur into E16.
Command Action - Vine Whip on Rattata in F10.

Bulbasaur's Shift Action - Shift to E18.

Alexis: HP 47/47, Def 5, S. Def 5, Speed 5, dismounts.
Bulbasaur: HP 55/55, Attack 17, Def 8, S.Atk 10, Def 8, Speed 3. Attacks with Vine Whip.

Accuracy check: [roll0] (Needs 2 to hit)
Damage roll: [roll1]

Arcran
2013-02-01, 07:59 PM
As you prepare to battle, your new Pokemon are not quite the warriors you would expect.

The Squirtle is more than content to disappear into its shell, hiding away from the battle. The Bulbasaur does a double-take when you order it to attack. It shakes its head, not wanting to fight, but seeing the long fangs of the Rattata must have motivated it. A vine shoots out, lashing the Rattata across the face and knocking it unconscious. The Bulbasaur cries out, almost moving to help the Pokemon but stops as the Rattata surged forward.

Long fangs itching for blood, the remaining three Rattata fly forward. The Squirtle, being the closest, is their primary target. The two slam hard into the little Pokemon. While its armor holds firm, the heavy force makes it step backward, twisting an ankle.

28 final damage. You gain 1 Injury for passing the 50% marker as well as -1 Speed Stage for said injury.

MintyNinja
2013-02-01, 08:29 PM
One down, three to go, Dominic thinks as he steps forward. With surprising speed he kicks at the rat pokemon before him and then brings his foot back down for the full effects of a Double Kick. With that attack done he commands Nepto, "Back up a bit more, protect the girl!"

Dominic:
Moves to G16
Double Kick: AC1 vs 3 [roll0], AC2 vs 3 [roll1] Crits on 19+
Fighting, Phyiscal:
-IF only one hits: [roll2] +Crit [roll3]
-IF Both hit: [roll4] +Crit [roll5]
(Double Strike is the reason that's so complex
EDIT: I messed up the Damage Base. Redone in OOC. 23 Fighting Damage.)

Nepto: HP 15/39
Moves to F19
Uses Withdraw again. Def now 16

HotRoute
2013-02-02, 09:11 PM
Oh wow. A real battle. And Bulbasaur appears as ready for it as I am. Alexis' mind races. I need to dispatch one of these rats before they tear through my leafy defense. "Bulbasaur, ehm..." I should take out the one right in front of me... but I owe it to that Squirtle for taking the hits for me." Again, hit that one this time!" Alexis points to the Rattata in F16.

In the midst of battle, Alexis calls out to the man in front of her commanding the tiny turtle. "Derrick! Do you, eh, do you want me to help your Squirtle? It looks hurt!" Alexis' initial reaction to a pokemon with injuries is to see it back to health. But she quickly wishes she could swallow her words. What am I thinking? I can't help him in the midst of battle. I shouldn't be distracting him.

Alexis
Command Action - Vine Whip on Rattata in F16.

Alexis: HP 47/47, Def 5, S. Def 5, Speed 5.

Bulbasaur

Bulbasaur's Standard Action - Vine Whip on Rattata in F16.

Alexis: HP 47/47, Defense 5, S. Def 5, Speed 5.
Bulbasaur: HP 55/55, Attack 17, Defense 8, S. Atk 10, Def 8, Speed 3. Attacks with Vine Whip.

Accuracy check: [roll0] (Needs 2 to hit)
Damage roll: [roll1]

Arcran
2013-02-02, 09:22 PM
Nepto continues to brace himself for an attack that never comes.

Dominic's kick easily punts the Rattata across the road. It probably isn't getting up for a long time, if that audible crack when you hit it is anything to go by.

A second Rattata is taken down by Bulbasaur. The vine slips around the rat's neck and with a flick launches it backwards, the rat skidding across the ground.

The final rat, seeing its allies so easily dispatched, quickly flees, running away from the group that it likely should not have attacked.

Woohoo! You can give chase the the rat, but you'll need to go grab your bikes. Anyways, these little buggers can run. Big time.

EXP Time! Total drop of the encounter is 20 Experience!

Due to low significance, 1x modifier!

Two players means it is split, so 10 EXP to Nepto and Bulbasaur!

MintyNinja
2013-02-02, 09:31 PM
Dominic watches as the Rattata takes off, tempted to chase it down himself. But a glance back at Alexis and the pokemon reminds him that he's needed here. "Hey, Nepto," he says as he approaches. "You did really well there. Nothing got past you, eh?" He looks up at Alexis while he holds his Squirtle. "I guess we can take a break if you need one. Little guy here got hit pretty hard."

Arcran
2013-02-02, 09:33 PM
Dominic watches as the Rattata takes off, tempted to chase it down himself. But a glance back at Alexis and the pokemon reminds him that he's needed here. "Hey, Nepto," he says as he approaches. "You did really well there. Nothing got past you, eh?" He looks up at Alexis while he holds his Squirtle. "I guess we can take a break if you need one. Little guy here got hit pretty hard."

The Squirtle moans, limping closer to you, dragging his hurt leg.

HotRoute
2013-02-02, 09:46 PM
"Oh my God..." Alexis gawks. "Are you serious? You, you, you, just kicked the Rattata!?" That's insane. He's lucky they were weak enough here... that's an easy way to get yourself killed.

She walks up to her pokemon and drops to her knees. Alexis examines the writhing vines of the vicious competitor. "Wow... Bulbasaur, you're an amazing fighter." I need to thank him. Pokemon respond to positive reinforcement, like any other animal. Alexis reaches into her backpack and retrieves a piece of PokeFood. "Thank you, Bulbasaur."

After she offers the food to her pokemon, she turns her attention to her partner's. "Now, eh, Dominic, right? Bring your Squirtle over here." Alexis reaches into her bag again, this time for her First Aid Kit. "Squirtle, this will make you feel better. Thank you for protecting me." She carefully applies a bandage to its tiny blue ankle. The injury is causing the area to swell already, immediate attention is necessary.

After applying the bandage, Alexis stands up to face Dominic. "Your Squirtle needs to rest. We are going to rest, now," she says as sternly as she can.

Bandage applied to Squirtle.

Arcran
2013-02-02, 09:52 PM
"Oh my God..." Alexis gawks. "Are you serious? You, you, you, just kicked the Rattata!?" That's insane. He's lucky they were weak enough here... that's an easy way to get yourself killed.

She walks up to her pokemon and drops to her knees. Alexis examines the writhing vines of the vicious competitor. "Wow... Bulbasaur, you're an amazing fighter." I need to thank him. Pokemon respond to positive reinforcement, like any other animal. Alexis reaches into her backpack and retrieves a piece of PokeFood. "Thank you, Bulbasaur."

After she offers the food to her pokemon, she turns her attention to her partner's. "Now, eh, Dominic, right? Bring your Squirtle over here." Alexis reaches into her bag again, this time for her First Aid Kit. "Squirtle, this will make you feel better. Thank you for protecting me." She carefully applies a bandage to its tiny blue ankle. The injury is causing the area to swell already, immediate attention is necessary.

After applying the bandage, Alexis stands up to face Dominic. "Your Squirtle needs to rest. We are going to rest, now," she says as sternly as she can.

Bandage applied to Squirtle.

The Bulbasaur looks at you happily, a grin on its reptilian face. The bulb on its back is wiggling as well, as if it can sense the happiness of the Bulbasaur. It uses a vine to grab the food, happily gobbling it up.

The Bandage definitely helps the Squirtle; with the added support it can move a little easier.

MintyNinja
2013-02-02, 09:56 PM
Dominic notices how happy the Bulbasaur is and so he also pulls some bland pokemon food out for Nepto. "Here you go, Nepto. Hope you don't mind the taste," he says. While the Squirtle is eating Dominic lifts him up to carry him in his arm while walking his Bike. "We'll go slow, but we shouldn't sit still. No telling what else is out there," he says to Alexis. As an afterthought he adds, "And thanks, by the way."

HotRoute
2013-02-02, 10:05 PM
We should be waiting here. His pokemon is in no shape to fight again. Alexis grunts, picks up her bike, and walks it alongside Dominic down the trail. "I did it for your Squirtle." Alexis examines the positioning of the pokemon's leg in its trainer's arm. I guess that should hold.

The little green pokemon walks beside his trainer. Oh right. How stupid of me to forget about him. She kneels down to meet him at eye level. "Bulbasaur, do you want to walk," she asks, holding up a pokeball, "or go back in here?"

Arcran
2013-02-02, 10:59 PM
Dominic notices how happy the Bulbasaur is and so he also pulls some bland pokemon food out for Nepto. "Here you go, Nepto. Hope you don't mind the taste," he says. While the Squirtle is eating Dominic lifts him up to carry him in his arm while walking his Bike. "We'll go slow, but we shouldn't sit still. No telling what else is out there," he says to Alexis. As an afterthought he adds, "And thanks, by the way."

Nepto grabs the food, gobbling it up. He perks up a little after devouring the food, obviously glad to eat.

He does squirm a little when you scoop him up, but he seems glad to have the pressure off his foot.

We should be waiting here. His pokemon is in no shape to fight again. Alexis grunts, picks up her bike, and walks it alongside Dominic down the trail. "I did it for your Squirtle." Alexis examines the positioning of the pokemon's leg in its trainer's arm. I guess that should hold.

The little green pokemon walks beside his trainer. Oh right. How stupid of me to forget about him. She kneels down to meet him at eye level. "Bulbasaur, do you want to walk," she asks, holding up a pokeball, "or go back in here?"

The Bulbasaur stomps her foot, obviously indicating she'd rather walk.

HotRoute
2013-02-02, 11:14 PM
"Okay then, Bulbasaur, stick close to me then." Alexis is wary if she should trust her pokemon this much. There's no reason it shouldn't dart into the woods instantly. She stays sure to keep an eye on the creature, finger on the trigger to recall it if it looks to make a move.

Arcran
2013-02-03, 12:29 AM
The Bulbasaur doesn't attempt to run away; it seems content to trot along at your side.

As you walk along, you feel strangely vulnerable. The feeling of being watched is almost overwhelming; could the Rattata that escaped have regrouped? Anyways, about an hour in you get the feeling that you're being watched...

Roll Perception and Insight.

MintyNinja
2013-02-03, 12:33 AM
Dominic's feeling nervous, and Nepto seems to squirm a bit more in his arms. He only had the bandage on for one hour, the little guy hadn't healed enough yet for a fight.

Perception: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

HotRoute
2013-02-03, 12:57 AM
Alexis is pleasantly surprised to find her Bulbasaur so faithful so quickly. She's glad that first fight went so well. Aside from the obvious fact that the rats didn't rip her limb from limb, the success of her pokemon really helped build trust between the two of them. She's also glad Dominic has been content to slow his pace. Maybe watching his pokemon take so much damage was the wake-up call he needed. Alexis' legs don't hurt so much anymore, either. For a split second, a smile sprouts on her face, then quickly disappears, as a shiver of doubt runs across her body. Something's out there. I know I hear something.

[roll0]
Survival - 5 (see OOC for roll)

Arcran
2013-02-03, 03:10 AM
Looking around, the group of you notice a group of red eyes on your left, likely Rattata. If you quickly hopped on your bikes, you might manage to get away. There's also a decent chance that they would easily strike you before the bikes hit. A quick count reveals there to be two more than last time; a pack of six of the little brutes. They don't seem to have noticed that you noticed them yet.

If you want a fight, I'll whip it up. If you want to flee, roll Acrobatics.

MintyNinja
2013-02-03, 03:14 AM
Dominic spots the rats and says, as calmly as he can, "We should run. Return your Bulbasaur and get on your bike. I'll do the same." As promised he returns Nepto while the Squirtle's in his arms and attempts to jump onto his bike.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Hot Route, We shouldn't push our luck. Let's flee.

HotRoute
2013-02-03, 03:26 PM
Alexis' heart races. Six. There's no way we're making it out of another battle. "Right." She answers in monotone, hopping on her bike and pedalling as quickly as she can.

[roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-03, 04:13 PM
Dominic manages to easily get his bike down, hopping onto it and peddling away.

Alexis, on the other hand, is a little slower. While she still manages to hop on, a Rattata slams into her, hard, almost making her lose her balance.

15 damage. No Injury.

As you pedal away, you hear a cry. Your Bulbasaur is surrounded by three rats, each growling menacingly. There was no way she could keep up with the bikes anyway, and three Rattata could be the end of her. At the moment she is keeping them at bay by flailing her vines, but that won't last much longer.

The other three give chase to the bikes, not planning on letting their prey escape this time.

HotRoute
2013-02-03, 05:05 PM
Dammit dammit dammit how could I have made this mistake!! Alexis swings around and stops her bike. A sharp pain rockets up her leg, but that doesn't matter now. She pedals a bit closer to her pokemon, now surrounded by deadly wild Rattatas, and throws her pokeball at it. "Get back here..." she mumbles through gritted teeth. Once the pokemon (hopefully) is enveloped in a red glow and returned to its pokeball, Alexis swings her bike around again and tries to make up the lost ground between her and Dominic.

Standard Action - recall Bulbasaur.
Shift Action - Pedal as much as Alexis can to catch up to Dominic.

MintyNinja
2013-02-03, 05:30 PM
Dominic keeps pedaling, not going full out as he was earlier, but not slowing down for Alexis. If she can't keep up she'll drag me down with her, he thinks to himself. She did help patch up Nepto... Then she can patch herself up, too! Turning back now will not make this easier.

OOC: I'm still pedaling. Good luck, Alexis.

Arcran
2013-02-04, 01:32 AM
As you head back to grab you Bulbasaur, another Rattata leaps at you, snarling viciously. It slams into you hard, breaking whatever concentration you have that would allow you to block an energy-based attack.

18 damage. 1 Injury. -1 SPDEF stage.

You return the Bulbasuar, quickly turn, and begin to furiously pedal. Another rat leaps at you, fangs open wide, but it misses, flying right past your head.

Unfortunately, you don't bike much faster than the rats run. After their initial confusion, they quickly begin to gain on you.

MintyNinja
2013-02-04, 01:54 AM
Dominic's conscience finally gets the better of him and he reaches for a large loaf of bed from his bag. He tries his best to maintain balance while doing so, and then throws it off to the side.

Athletics: [roll0]
Acrobatics: [roll1]

HotRoute
2013-02-04, 01:55 AM
Alexis' bones are bruised and sore. Blood stains her pants and runs down her leg. It only makes the Rattata's give chase faster. Oh no, no no no no... I won't be able to beat them... They're gonna catch me, eat me... wait, eat! While keeping top speed on her bike, Alexis attempts to reach into her bag and throw down as much PokeFood as she can grab. If it's food they want, they'll stop for this! ...I hope.

Acrobatics Check to open bag and toss down food. [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-04, 02:08 AM
The tossed bread manages to divert all of the rats but one. Alexis can't keep her balanced while grabbing the food out of her bag and falls off her bike, landing on the ground. The rat rapidly closes, slamming into her once again.

18 damage. hard to tell since you havne't updated your HP, but I think that KOes you.

Dominc sees Alexis fall and be knocked unconscious by a single rat. The others are dragging the bread away; it seems only a lone creature is left to attack her. She is unconscious, so it will likely soon finish her off.

MintyNinja
2013-02-04, 02:14 AM
"Muk me sideways," Dominic grumbles. He pulls his bike in a tight turn and begins pedaling at full speed at the last rat. As he gets within reach, he kicks out with a solid, rock smashing hit.

Athletics to get there quick enough: [roll0]
Acrobatics to stay on bike as he attacks: [roll1]
Rock Smash: AC 2 [roll2] Lower's Defense on 17+
Fighting, Physical: [roll3] If Crit [roll4]

Arcran
2013-02-04, 02:16 AM
"Muk me sideways," Dominic grumbles. He pulls his bike in a tight turn and begins pedaling at full speed at the last rat. As he gets within reach, he kicks out with a solid, rock smashing hit.

Athletics to get there quick enough: [roll0]
Acrobatics to stay on bike as he attacks: [roll1]
Rock Smash: AC 2 [roll2] Lower's Defense on 17+
Fighting, Physical: [roll3] If Crit [roll4]

The blow smashes the Rattata in the face, causing it to drop with a squeal. The others seem to have disappeared, although they are likely still nearby.

MintyNinja
2013-02-04, 02:27 AM
Dominic hops off his bike and gets a look at Alexis' unmoving form. "...muk...muk...muk..." he mutters over and over again. He finds the Bulbasaur's ball and takes a quick glance at his empty holster. No, I can do this. He takes a potion out of his bag and sprays the worst of her wounds until the little bottle is empty. For safety he pockets the Bulbasaur's ball whispering, "Just in case." He stands up and keeps watch until she wakes up. Whenever anything started to approach, he would tear off a piece of bread and throw it as far as he could.

Athletics for throwing: [roll0]

Arcran
2013-02-04, 11:18 PM
Dominic hops off his bike and gets a look at Alexis' unmoving form. "...muk...muk...muk..." he mutters over and over again. He finds the Bulbasaur's ball and takes a quick glance at his empty holster. No, I can do this. He takes a potion out of his bag and sprays the worst of her wounds until the little bottle is empty. For safety he pockets the Bulbasaur's ball whispering, "Just in case." He stands up and keeps watch until she wakes up. Whenever anything started to approach, he would tear off a piece of bread and throw it as far as he could.

Athletics for throwing: [roll0]

You hear the bread flop into the grass, crumpling the long blades.

The throw seems to have drawn their attention however, not diverted it. Soon five pairs of eyes glare out of the grass at you. Two rats, obviously reluctant to fight, rush forward at you, slamming into you with their tiny bodies. You manage to block one away with your forearm, but the other slams heavily into your shoulder.

13 damage after Defenses.

MintyNinja
2013-02-04, 11:47 PM
Dominic stops trying to use bread as a distraction, this wasn't about food anymore. In a quick movement he drops to one hand while aiming a double kick at the Rattata to his right (D6). Hopefully he could frighten off the other with a good enough attack on the one.

Dominic:
Double Kick: AC1 vs 3 [roll0] AC2 vs 3 [roll1]
IF only one hits: [roll2] If only one Crit + [roll3]
IF both hit: [roll4] IF Both Crit + [roll5]

Intimidate: [roll6]

Arcran
2013-02-04, 11:59 PM
Dominic stops trying to use bread as a distraction, this wasn't about food anymore. In a quick movement he drops to one hand while aiming a double kick at the Rattata to his right (D6). Hopefully he could frighten off the other with a good enough attack on the one.

Dominic:
Double Kick: AC1 vs 3 [roll0] AC2 vs 3 [roll1]
IF only one hits: [roll2] If only one Crit + [roll3]
IF both hit: [roll4] IF Both Crit + [roll5]

Intimidate: [roll6]

Your kick causes the rat's head to snap back, almost killing it. The other rats, seeing you once again drop their kin, flee, leaving you with the unconscious body of your ally.

Eventually Alexis stirs, regaining consciousness.

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 12:05 AM
"Hey!" Dominic says to the stirring body on the ground. "Get up. I scared them off for now, but we've got to get going!" He approaches and mounts his bike as he says this, emphasizing his point.

HotRoute
2013-02-05, 12:18 AM
A mind-numbing ringing bounces between Alexis' ears as she stirs awake. Her eyesight is fuzzy. She manages to sit up and pull herself against a tree. "Dominic... what happened?" She asks through coughs, "Did you... *hack* punt another Rattata into the trees?" She tries to crack a smile, but the pain all over her body quickly eradicates it from her face. Alexis reaches into her first aid kit, takes out some gauze and medical wrap, and begins bandaging her leg, which is a deep purple. Before sealing the wrap, Alexis liberally applies the contents of one potion to her wound. There's no use to rationing medical supplies if I'm dead. Hopefully this will stop it from spreading. After closing the bandage with three metal clips, Alexis looks up at her savior, Dominic, and offers in her typical monotone, "Umm... I'm sorry."

Alexis uses one Potions and one bandage on herself.

HP increased from 16 to 36 out of 42.

First Aid Kit has $400 remaining.

The potions quickly stop most of the pain. Feeling confident in her wrapping, Alexis manages to stand up and mount her bike alongside Dominic. She almost begins to pedal when she has a thought. "Wait... Dominic..." she holds out her hand.

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 12:26 AM
"You get your pokemon back when we get to the city. I'm not getting off my bike to go through your unconscious pockets again. You have my word, that if you survive to Viridian, she's yours. Until then, I'll hold on to her." With that he starts riding along the route, determined to reach civilization soon.

HotRoute
2013-02-05, 12:31 AM
Alexis' heart sinks, but she says nothing. I guess I deserve that. He didn't have to save me. And it only makes sense; he won't want to risk his life again. If I want my Bulbasaur back... Alexis takes off as fast as she can, grunting through pain and frustration. "Let's go." she mutters to herself.

Arcran
2013-02-05, 12:33 AM
Two two of you, bloodied and bruised (well, really only Alexis), slowly pedal your way to Viridian City. Soon enough you see the high walls just as the sun begins to set. The guards mounted on top of the wall call out to you, asking you to state your business.

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 12:36 AM
"We're messengers for Professor Oak. We're badly hurt and need a place to rest for the night," Dominic calls out from the front of their two-person group.

HotRoute
2013-02-05, 12:47 AM
Alexis couldn't have arrived at Viridian City soon enough. She doesn't know if she had one more hour of riding in her. A city will have safety, hospitality, a place to rest... but I can't relax. If I learned anything today, it's to always be alert. Speaking of which... "Dominic. Uh, can I have Bulbasaur now please?"

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 12:50 AM
Dominic looks over at his temporary travel companion and considers the state she's in. He pulls the ball out of his pocket and whispers to the grass pokemon inside, "Good luck." He then hands Alexis her Bulbasaur back.

HotRoute
2013-02-05, 12:56 AM
Alexis clasps her pokeball in both hands. She whispers to the tiny green creature in the ball. "How incredibly stupid of me to forget you. I'm sorry, Bulbasaur. If you'll forgive me, I'm sure I'll be needing your service again."

Arcran
2013-02-05, 01:03 AM
The guards slide open the gates just enough for the two of you to get in.

"Oak's recruiting young now, isn't he? Well, good luck."

Upon entering Viridian, you can see the town is beginning to fall apart. Many of the buildings are run-down. The grass is brown and dying. The entire town seems suspended in some sort of alternate universe. Homeless folks crowd the streets of the once-proud city. With farms failing left and right, it's no wonder that the town is beginning to fall apart.

MintyNinja
2013-02-05, 01:11 AM
Dominic enters the city, takes one look at the squalor that claims it, and lets out a heavy sigh. He knew not everywhere would be as well off as Pallet Town, but he had so many great things about Viridian City. "Okay, I'm going to the Pokemon Center to find somewhere to sleep. We're not traveling together anymore, so you're free to do as you see fit. I think Oak actually had a job for you, so there's that," he says to Alexis. "I'll be here for a couple days, after that I'm not so sure. See you around, kid." With that said, Dominic walks off into the city looking for someone or something to direct him to the Pokemon Center or a place to sleep.

I suppose I'm back to my own thread now?

Arcran
2013-02-05, 01:12 AM
Dominic enters the city, takes one look at the squalor that claims it, and lets out a heavy sigh. He knew not everywhere would be as well off as Pallet Town, but he had so many great things about Viridian City. "Okay, I'm going to the Pokemon Center to find somewhere to sleep. We're not traveling together anymore, so you're free to do as you see fit. I think Oak actually had a job for you, so there's that," he says to Alexis. "I'll be here for a couple days, after that I'm not so sure. See you around, kid." With that said, Dominic walks off into the city looking for someone or something to direct him to the Pokemon Center or a place to sleep.

I suppose I'm back to my own thread now?

Yep! After goodbyes you can go solo again.

HotRoute
2013-02-05, 01:12 AM
Alexis walks carefully, close to Dominic and with a tight hand on her pokeball. I may need you earlier than I thought. We can't trust any of these... people.

"Uh, Dominic... you don't suppose these people know where the Pokemon Center is, do you?"

Alexis stays defensive until she spots a guard (on the ground level) and asks him for the best place to rest, recover, and eat.

Arcran
2013-02-05, 01:28 AM
Alexis walks carefully, close to Dominic and with a tight hand on her pokeball. I may need you earlier than I thought. We can't trust any of these... people.

"Uh, Dominic... you don't suppose these people know where the Pokemon Center is, do you?"

Alexis stays defensive until she spots a guard (on the ground level) and asks him for the best place to rest, recover, and eat.

The guard informs you that the best place to do all three is the Pokemon Center. He says if you keep walking north you can't miss it.

HotRoute
2013-02-05, 01:35 AM
Alexis continues north. When she reaches the Pokemon Center, she asks the medic on staff if she knows which pokemon exist in the areas around Viridian City. After, she asks for a place to sleep for the night.

Arcran
2013-02-05, 01:38 AM
Alexis continues north. When she reaches the Pokemon Center, she asks the medic on staff if she knows which pokemon exist in the areas around Viridian City. After, she asks for a place to sleep for the night.

Hop back to your own thread.