PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Memories

GoddessSune
2013-02-01, 12:44 AM
You wake up, somewhere mostly dark. Tiny bit's of light stream through small (quarter sized) holes in the wall far up almost at the ceiling. Your laying on a straw mat on the floor, next to a clay jug filled with water and a small (1 foot x 1/2 foot x 1/2 foot) wooden chest. The room is all stone, except for the single wooden door. The walls are bare, but the floor is covered in chunks of broken wood and glass, as well as several pieces of bone, including three skulls.

Sheet
Caen Huvellas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=147429)

Bayar
2013-02-01, 08:06 AM
Wh..where am I ? Caen mutters as he examines his surroundings. Are those, skulls ? Why am I here ? After a short while of trying and failing to remember what happened or where he was or almost anything other than his name, he aproaches the chest and tries to open it. This feels like a bad deam, only I can't seem to wake up.

GoddessSune
2013-02-02, 08:27 PM
The chest is locked. A somewhat simple and crude lock is built into the lid of the chest. More then enough to stop it from opening.

Bayar
2013-02-03, 01:20 PM
Instinctively, Caen grabs his dagger from his belt and jams it into the lock. Hold on, I don't need to rush this. Nice and easy, at a steady pace, until I figure out what's going on around here. He looks around for a suitable bone fragment, a long, thin shard with which he can pick the tumblers.

Open lock check: [roll0] If it is not enough, Caen will take his time with the lock AKA take 20.

GoddessSune
2013-02-03, 11:05 PM
You find a nice long, thin shard of bone, and with a little work are able to open the crude and simple lock.

The chest contains:
*A long dark yellow cloak
*Three six inch long wooden sticks covered in some type of oil, wrapped in leather covers.
*2 Pieces of Chalk
*A towel with the words Love, Lassela sewn into it with pink thread
*A wooden comb
*A tin scroll case with a scroll inside that reads, in common Caen, my friend, do not go to the Dark Dagger after third bell. It's a trap. I will try to find Saradoc and Etheyln. If you don't hear from me, meet me at the Fish Fountain. Taral.
*A wooden token that says ''Rosengard's Flower Shop'' in common on it
*Five small glass bottles with wooden corks and wax seals. Each has a fairly clear yellow liquid inside of them. Each glass bottle has a symbol of a coin with a female face made out of molded glass on it.
*Two small glass bottles of thick black liquid, corked but not sealed with wax. Each has a rack of sharp-pointed antlers in red paint.

Bayar
2013-02-04, 06:10 AM
Laying on the straw mat and taking sip of water from the clay jug, Caen contemplates the items from the chest. There are a lot of names on these items, but none of them seem familiar. Did I fell into a trap set up by the people from the Dark Dagger ? What is the Dark Dagger anyway ?

Getting up and beginning to pocket the items and donning the cloak, he comes to a conclusion. My best bet is to try and find my way to the Fish Fountain to meet this Taral, maybe he can help me out.

Making his way to the door, cautiosly, Caen tries to open it, prepared to pick the lock in case it was locked.

In case the door is locked, Caen will try to unlock it. If it doesn't work the first time, he will try harder.

[roll0] then Take 20 if the lock hasn't yielded.

GoddessSune
2013-02-04, 10:10 PM
The door is locked, but you take your time and eventually get it open. Once open, you see a small empty area with a set of stone stairs that go upwards. The stone stairs are in a bad state of repair and are crumbling in most places. The same tiny holes high up in the walls provide tiny streams of light. The stairs go up a way and end at a landing in front of a door.

In front of this door, menacingly looking down the stairs, is a huge metal spider. The metal spider is frozen in an attack pose, front legs curving high up into the air and mandibles extended. The spider is at least the size of a large dog and has a very brownish color to it's metal. The metal spider blocks much of the door way with it's bulk, but not all of it.

Bayar
2013-02-05, 04:04 PM
What the hell is that thing ? Tightening his grip on the dagger, Caen slowly approaches the door. He will try to sneak to it, slowly, just in case it's not a statue or some kind of trap.

Dunno if I can hide or if that spider is actually a creature, but I'll give it a try.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

In case it's a statue, I'll search the door and nearby for any traps.

GoddessSune
2013-02-05, 09:04 PM
You move, carefully and slowly past the metal spider. The metal spider does not move or do anything at all. You can be pretty sure the metal spider is not a ''statue'', as it almost blocks the passageway, and no sane person would put a statue in such a place. It is also not bolted or attached to the floor by any means. It sure looks more like a trap of some sort. Though the metal spider still does not move.

The door looks like a typical wooden door with metal bands. The door has a lock, but you can see the key is sticking out of the lock.

Bayar
2013-02-06, 08:43 AM
Thinking tha having the key on this side of the door to be odd, Caen will examine the lock closely just in case it might be a ruse.

Hopefully, the key won't activate the robo spider or something like that.
Search check: [roll0]

Also, feel free t add the link to the character sheet in the first post, for both our convenience.

GoddessSune
2013-02-06, 12:48 PM
You examine the lock, key and door carefully. They each look well used, but you don't see anything out of the ordinary. No strings or wires are attached to the lock, key, or door. It simply looks like someone left the key in the lock and left.

Bayar
2013-02-06, 01:27 PM
Being satisfied by his examination, Caen attempts to open the door, unlocking it if necessary, and facing whatever was on the other side.

GoddessSune
2013-02-06, 02:02 PM
The door is not locked.

The door opens into a small ruined dinning hall about ten feet wide and twenty feet long. A single closed door is in the wall directly opposite of the door you came up and out of just now. Four small, glassless windows are spaced about every five feet along each wall. Though the windows on the left have all been filled and sealed by covering of clay, wood and stone all lumped together to block the window. The four windows on the right are uncovered, and are letting in plenty of bright sunlight.

In the center of the room is a large wooden table with twelve chairs (six on each side, one at each end). The table had twelve place settings, each with a clay cup and plate but no tableware, but half of them have been broken and smashed. Sprawled, belly up on the table is a strange humanoid corpse. The creature has a slender and frail body, with gangly limbs and half-formed features. The flesh is pale and hairless. Its large, bulging eyes are yellow with slitted pupils. It has several cuts and wounds across it's body and it's covered in a dry purple colored blood. It wears only the couple rags of what might have once been a robe. It's feet are oddly bare.

Sitting at the head of the table is a human male corpse, slumped back in the chair. The body looks quite old with lots of long gray hair on his head. His throat had been cut, and most of the corpse is covered in red blood. He wears dark brown tradesman clothing, but oddly his feet are bare.

Two goblin corpses lay against the wall with the blocked windows. Both goblins have dozens of claw and teeth marks on them, but very little blood is on the bodies. Each goblin wears little more then a loin cloth. Both goblins feet are bare.

Along the wall with the four windows open to the sunlight outside is a humanoid corpse of a creature with a slender body. Fine, yellow-green scales that cover it's entire body. It's hands and feet are three fingered and toed flippers. It has large fins extending out of their forearms and upper arms as well as their calves and upper legs. It's head is large and piranha like, with huge black eyes, a mouth full of dagger like teeth, and a crest of fines extending around it's head. It has several stab wounds to the chest and is covered in dry white blood. Other then a sash of leather, it's naked.

Each of the bodies, except the one on the table, look a bit decayed and have a fair number of flies and bugs around them. The room, naturally, stinks badly. The bodies don't look to have been dead all too long, maybe a couple days, but probably not more then a week.

Finally, a dagger floats in a small circle above the table. The dagger is mostly just a hilt, as only about an inch of the blade is left sticking out in a broken jagged piece.

Bayar
2013-02-06, 05:26 PM
Out of the weird and into the weirder. What the hell happened here ? Taking in the gruesome scene, Caen carefully approaches the human corpse at the table, dagger at the ready. After a moment of hesitation, he'll try to look into the man's pockets for anything interesting or some form of identification papers. Now who would kill so many beings to steal shoes ? The dagger on the table looks tempting, but Caen will just observe it for a while, floating daggers in an abandoned room filled with corpses might be dangerous.

GoddessSune
2013-02-06, 11:39 PM
The old human corpse has nothing in it's pockets, though you do note two of the shirt pockets are turned inside out. The old human corpse has nothing on it, other then it's clothing, except it's shoes.

Bayar
2013-02-07, 09:26 AM
Finding that the man has already been picked clean of anything worthwhile and not desiring to strip it naked for it's clothes, Caen's full attention turns towards the dagger. What a strange sight you are. Moving closer to the weapon, he will try to grasp it with his left hand.

GoddessSune
2013-02-07, 10:04 PM
The floating dagger is easy enough to grasp and it stops floating as soon as you touch it. The dagger is mostly just a hilt, as only about an inch of the blade is left sticking out in a broken jagged piece.

Bayar
2013-02-08, 06:41 AM
Strange sight indeed. Caen says as he sheates both daggers. I've had enough of this place, time to find that Fish Fountain. He heads over to the closed door on the opposite side of the room, intent to leave the stinky room.

GoddessSune
2013-02-09, 09:00 PM
This door is not locked, and leads to an empty 10 by ten room, windowless, but lit by the small light holes. Two stone seats run from wall to wall. And several metal pegs are sticking out of the wall every few inches.

Directly across from you is another door, also unlocked, and slightly open as it creeks and moans in a strong wind.

Bayar
2013-02-10, 05:47 PM
Walls full of pegs ? That gives me an idea ! Caen goes back to the table and grabs one of the wooden chairs, holding it by the top end, then attempts to touch some pegs from a distance.

GoddessSune
2013-02-10, 11:08 PM
Touching the wooden pegs on the lift wall does not seem to do anything. But when you touch the middle peg on the right wall, it slides into the stone wall. Then a small, hidden stone door swings open directly under the peg, to reveal a one foot by one foot storae compartment.

In the compartment you see a severed humanoid hand laying palm up. It has fiver rings on, two copper rings, two silver rings and one gold ring. Laying in the palm of the hand is small, partly open leather pouch, that you can see has a couple dozen or so sliver coins in it.

Bayar
2013-02-11, 11:39 AM

Eww.

Reaching into the compartment, Caen pulls out the pouch first, then the hand. He contemplates holding onto it in case he might ever need it, but then he changes his mind and just removes the rings from it and discards it.

Why would someone ever hide their valuables with their hands ? What kind of madhouse did I wake up in ? He puts the rings into the leather pouch and places it in one of his pockets, then proceeds to the door at the end of the room.

GoddessSune
2013-02-12, 03:31 AM
Just a little two fast, you should always check to see if something happens first, before taking an action

As your hand reaches for the bag in the severed hand....the severed hand moves and attacks you! Gaining surprise! The hand casually dumps the bag aside, and leaps up at you!

[roll0]

The animated severed hand rakes your hand for 1 point of damage.

GoddessSune
2013-02-12, 03:39 AM
Round 1. Initiative:

[roll0]

Bayar
2013-02-14, 04:16 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Recoiling from the hand's sudden attack, Caen draws his trusty dagger with the left hand and attempts to retaliate.

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

OOC:
Sorry about being away, felt a bit ill. Will try not to post too many actions at once in the future.

GoddessSune
2013-02-15, 03:04 AM
Your dagger strike goes right through the animated hand, knocking a good chunk of skin and other decrepit pieces flesh out of it. It is still moving and attacking.

The severed hand crouches down on it's fingers and jumps, going for your throat!

(1d20+1)[11]

The hand leaps up and is only inches from your throat, but misses it's target and bounces off your shoulder and tumbles back to the floor.

Round 2You get to act first.....

Bayar
2013-02-15, 02:38 PM
Gah ! What the hell is wrong with you ? Caen tries to slash the hand apart as it tumbles to the floor.

[roll0]
[roll1]

GoddessSune
2013-02-16, 01:17 AM
Your dagger thrust misses the hand as it leaps about. And the hand makes another leap up towards your neck....

[roll0]

Though the hands fingers slide on the ground and it does not even get more then a couple inches off the ground...

Round 3 Your action is first....

Bayar
2013-02-16, 06:38 PM
This is way too weird right now, he says as he backs away in the room with the big table but if you want me, come and get me ! as he readies for the thing's attack.

I back away as a move action in the previous room and ready an action to attack the hand if it comes within range.

GoddessSune
2013-02-17, 04:02 AM
Rules:
You would need to take the Withdraw action to move out of melee combat without letting the hand get an attack of opportunity as you leave it's threatened area. And the withdraw action is a full round action. You can't do anything else (mostly) except withdraw.

And as Reading an Action is a Standard Action, you could not do that.

But, of course you don't really need to ready an action any way:You won initiative for the encounter. You already go first in any combat round.

Though in any case:

The severed hand crawls long on it's fingers after you...but stops in the doorway. It wiggles it's fingers around, but does not enter the room.

Note it's always better to say how far you move in feet as it makes the visuals better. Are you right by the doorway, by the table(middle of the room) or on the other side of the table(other side of the room)

Bayar
2013-02-19, 02:45 PM
What's the matter ? Room too smelly for you ? Feeling out of place without the rest of your body ? Just as he says these words, a thought dawns on him. Did any of the bodies in this room miss a hand ? Caen turns around to face them, just to make sure, even if the idea of one of the former beings hiding their hand inside the floor might be kinda silly.

GoddessSune
2013-02-19, 04:44 PM
None of the dead bodies in the room are missing hands. So where ever the hand came from, it obviously was not from one of these bodies.

The hand moves back and forth right at the threshold of the doorway, but still does not enter the room.

Bayar
2013-02-21, 05:04 PM
Oh do calm down. Moving towards the troublesome appendage switching his dagger from one hand to the other while moving. All I did was let you go. And was probably going to take your rings and discard you. Nothing bad. Reaching the doorway, he'll try to stab the thing.

Meant to the closest end of the table. Will just take a move action to get to the doorway, if that's not enough, will move again next turn so I can also attack the hand.

[roll0]
[roll1]

GoddessSune
2013-02-21, 05:23 PM
The hand attempts to leap away from your dagger thrust, but it's fingers slip and it fumbles....you are again able to stab your dagger right through the palm of the hand.

The hand rolls and flops around on the floor for a couple seconds, before falling and laying palm up. And it stops moving at all.

Bayar
2013-02-22, 03:52 PM
Caen stabs it again, just in case it's a ruse.

Satisfied with the results, he removes the rings from the hand, puts them in the coin pouch and ties the pouch to his belt. He proceeds down the hallway towards the unlocked door and peers through it.

GoddessSune
2013-02-22, 09:09 PM
The door leads....Outside. Bright sunlight comes through the door as does a little wind. Just outside the door you can see lots of stone rubble laying about. Somewhere close by, you hear the noise of the tides, indicating you must be near a large body of water.

Bayar
2013-02-23, 05:01 PM
Caen steps outside. The surroundings don't feel familiar, but he feels better now that he's outside. He walks out about 30 feet, looking at the rubble, then turns around to see how the place he has been in looks like.

GoddessSune
2013-02-23, 11:10 PM
Your standing in the rubble of some sort of stone structure. Bits of stone rubble cover the area, as do broken stone blocks. Nothing much is left of whatever the building was at one time. All that is left standing are the two rooms you were in. The building obviously fell to ruin years ago, but you don't see an obvious sign of why....

Your on a rocky shoreline, at the top of a rocky hillside. The rocky shoreline end about fifty feet down the cliffside in the loud surf as waves crash along the shore.

A single dirt path leads from the ruins and heads along the edge of the cliff.

GoddessSune
2013-03-10, 06:22 PM
Don't forget to remember this thread

GoddessSune
2013-03-14, 10:03 PM
Rolls to cast Detect Player:

[roll]1d20+1

GoddessSune
2013-03-14, 10:06 PM
Wait that did not work: [roll0]