PDA

View Full Version : [PF] recovering caster level

Teh_das
2013-02-01, 03:38 AM
Hello all, I'm about to start a new pathfinder campaign at level 8 or 9, and I've decided to play a battle wizard. I'm building it into eldritch knight and arcane archer, though I've come to the realization that I'll end up with 3 missed caster levels. My question is this:

I'm aware of the trait magical knack, but are there any other methods to recover lost caster level?

My build is going to be Urban Barbarian(or fighter)1/Void school Wizard 5/ EK 3/AA4/EK+7. 20 point buy, it gets me to 17 BAB and 9th level spells. any recommendations on feats or equipment would be appreciated as well.

Ravenica
2013-02-01, 04:54 AM
dropping wizard and eldritch knight for magus should save you 1 cl AND add in a level of casting progression

and magus is better than EK both in general and overall

downside being you cap at 6th level spells, upside the list is probably alot more to your liking for this kind of focused build

assuming fighter/whaterever 1/ magus 7/AA 4(you could go higher with no penalty really) magus 8 with magical knack

you end up at cl 20, bab 16

Psyren
2013-02-01, 10:04 AM
I'm aware of the trait magical knack, but are there any other methods to recover lost caster level?

You could port in Practiced Spellcaster from 3.5. But if that's not an option, there are also items and buffs, as well as a handful of circumstantial feats/class features. An Orange Ioun stone will give you some CL for instance.