PDA

View Full Version : Th MacAndrews Art Forum

The_Paradigm
2006-11-06, 11:55 PM
A new man has come to town, and his only passion is the arts. From drawing, to writing, painting, singing, acting, playing all sorts of instruments, body art, engineering, smithing, architecture, masonry, or any manner of expression, he has a love and hand in it. Josiah MacAndrews is his name, and his home is the site of many things, all in some manner or another related to the arts. He now opens it to The Town, so that all might come and appreciate or purchase his works.

The building sits nestled in an average part of town. It's broad, three story frame seems quiet enough on the outside, but the first step inside shows nothing but chaos. The first floor holds all manner of drawings, painting, and other created arts. Most are in stacks or rows along the walls, while some of the most beautiful works ever seen hang from the walls. In each corner stands a statue, twice as tall as a man, holding beautifully worked weapons. In the back is a small studio where other pieces are in the works. Supplies lie scattered about on the floor, on chairs, on desks, generally just about everywhere. In one corner is a chair with inks and needles are laid out scrupulously. This is the one part of the Forum where everything is meticulously organized.
The second floor houses musical instruments. Nearly every type imaginable can be found in large supply. Along the walls are several curious looking gems that hover on beautifully wrought stone pillars. Some glow, some hum slightly, while others, if you put your ear very very close to it, emit music. Onc again chaos is rampant. While the instruments are cared for, each cased or housed in protective holders, there seems to be no order to their placing. All of the stuff is randomly strewn about.
The third floor is locked up. Presumably this is where Josiah actually lives, though you can't be sure.
Two young men can usually be found here. Micheal and Landry are their names, and they are Josiah's apprentice's. If they're not working in the shop itself they can be found working on their "homework". Josiah, while carefree and easy going, is a tough taskmaster and insists on the boys constantly practicing at art. In return he provides for them and teaches them his trade. They can easily help you if Josiah is not around.

OOC: This is the Art Forum! Come in, have a look around, chat with the other customers, do what you please! Practically all of the things in here are for sale, or if you're interested in commisioning something to be done feel free to ask! Prices are reasonable and turnaround is fast. Josiah is also a Master Tattoo artist and body piercer, so if you're interested in that then he can provide. Be warned, the statues in the corners are not for sale. They are, in fact, golems that have been enchanted to guard the Forum. So no five finger discounts, please. Other than that, enjoy yourselves!

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 12:27 PM
Gwen walks into the shop and starts looking through the artwork

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 12:41 PM
Josiah hears someone come in and goes to check on them, leaving the studio in the back and bringing Micheal with him. "Well, good morning! What brings you to my little corner of the multiverse? I'm Josiah, owner and proprieter of this place, by the way. This is one of my apprentices Micheal."

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 12:44 PM
Hello, I'm Gwen, as she extends a hand in greeting.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 01:11 PM
"Nice to meet you Gwen. Is there something I can do for you? Or would you like to just look at the stuff lying around here? No, I'll bet you want a tattoo, don't you?"

OOC: It's not a sales pitch, it's just the way Josiah is. Especially when he's in a manic mood like he is right now.

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 01:14 PM
Gwen smiles, No, no tattoo. I'm looking for some artwork to compliment something I already have. This place reminds me of my brother, he has artwork stacked everywhere. The piece I already have looks like .....and she describes http://www.geocities.com/zodpaint/HILINE.html

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 01:24 PM
"Oh, I know the style. Wonderful work from that school. I love doing it when I have the patience for it." He wanders around the shop, also sending Micheal to glance through and see if he can spot anything useful.

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 01:26 PM
Gwen smiles and watches him wander around the shop, knowing that he knows where all of his artwork is.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 01:27 PM
"Aha! Here we go. I knew I had something like this around here. Is this http://www.palettesofvision.com/Impressionist/Metcalf_Closing_Autumn_small.jpg
something you would be interested in? If not I can look around some more, or even make something for you."

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 01:30 PM
Gwen looks at it with a critical eye. I like the color in the trees and the water, but the background isn't quite right, do you have anything else I can look at?

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 01:32 PM
Josiah smiles good-naturedly. "I think I might have somethings else around here. Let me do some more digging."

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 01:35 PM
Josiah returns a few seconds later with another similar painting. "This happens to be one of my favorites that I've done. I remember when I painted it. What a day."

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_search.php?action=file&lightboxID=12483

OOC: It's the first one. Titled Minnesota Autumn.

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 01:38 PM
Gwen looks at the painting and immediately falls in love with it, That one is perfect, I love it. How much.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 01:42 PM
Josiah smiles again, but this time with satisfaction. "I'll tell you what. Since you are my first customer in the town and you are obviously an appreciator of the arts, I'll run a special. It's free. On two conditions, though. First, be sure and tell your friends about this place. Second, let me take you to dinner sometime."

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 01:50 PM
Gwen smiles and blushes at the last part. Are you sure you want to give it to me without payment? I know my brother more often than not is a starving artist.

As for telling my friends I certainly will. There are some beautiful works of art here.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 02:03 PM
"Why thank you. I don't think that most of these are very good, but then again, everyone is their own worst critic. You shouldn't worry about me either, I have more than enough money. I've been blessed so well that I can do art for the sheer love of it. I don't know of any way I could be happier." He quickly sends Micheal off with the painting to wipe it down and then wrap it. "It'll be just a few minutes bfore Micheal gets done with that. In the meantime, I think I'll be having an impromptu dance contest at Trog's either tonight ot tomorrow night. Would you care to be my partner?"

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 02:05 PM
Gwen smiles I'm afraid I don't know to many dances other than the waltz and a few slow ones, but it sounds like fun. and something to take my mind off other things

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 02:14 PM
"Wonderful! Don't worry about the dancing. Just follow my lead and you should be ok." Micheal returns with the painting wrapped in oil paper and tied with silk twine. "It's done sir, just the way you taught me." "Good work, Micheal. Go with Gwen and deliver it wherever she wants and then hurry back, alright? I want to start teaching you about texture shading today since you've been doing so well with the contour line drawings." Josiah turns back to Gwen and smiles. "Thanks for coming by. It's been a real pleasure. I'll have one of my boys come tell you when I'll be doing the contest at Trog's. Oh, and if you ever change your mind about some ink then let me know. I've got some designs that I'm sure would look great on you."

OOC: Is the avatar in your sig Gwen?

McBish
2006-11-08, 02:15 PM
((Darn Lillah will probably miss the dance contest being in jail and all.))

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 02:17 PM
Gwen smiles I'll hang it in my office at the courthouse. Just let me know when and I'll be there at Trog's and yes I'm quite sure I don't want any tattoos.

((yes, the avi is Gwen))

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 02:19 PM
((Darn Lillah will probably miss the dance contest being in jail and all.))

((Don't worry, Earin will break her out or something. :smallwink:))

McBish
2006-11-08, 02:20 PM
((You'd have to convince her to go.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 02:21 PM
"I'll see you there, then.", he says with a smile before turning and heading back to his studio.

wxdruid
2006-11-08, 02:25 PM
Gwen waves and she leaves with Micheal following her

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-08, 10:53 PM
Destro walks in. Hello? Is anyone here?

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 11:34 PM
Josiah comes to the front of the Forum and answers. "Of course there is. I'm Josiah, owner and proprieter. What can I do for you, Mr. ...?"

OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been doing stuff on other sites.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-08, 11:36 PM
Destro. I noticed your building and decided to have a look. Destro looks around the room he's in. Quite an interesting place.

((That's ok. So was I. The webcomics I read all update around now.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 11:52 PM
"Well then, feel free to browse around. Perhaps there's something I could interest you in? I know! A piercing! Yes. Something in the nose. Or maybe two in the lip. Hmmm... You'd look good."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-08, 11:55 PM
((The way Destro currently looks is an illusion/disguise. He's a lich, and doesn't have lips or a nose.))

Er, ah. No thanks. I'd prefer a painting, to tell the truth. Like a portrait. It would look good in the living room.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-08, 11:58 PM
"Ah, I see. So would you like to have a portrait of yourself? I don't have very many lying around."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 12:01 AM
Yes, that would be right. I don't have any reason to hang a portrait of anyone else in my house. Besides, I don't have any pictures of me yet.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-09, 12:12 AM
"Excellent! I havn't done a portrait in a small while now. It should be fun to do one. Follow me to the studio, if you would. Landry! I need you! Get to the studio within fifteen minutes!" Josiah walks to the back and begins setting up a space. "Now, how would you like to be portrayed? Sitting? Standing? Would like it drawn? Painted? Pastel? Is there anything else you want in the picture? A weapon or some other sort of item maybe? The options are all yours to take."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 12:18 AM
I'd like a painting. And I think I'll stand. Let's see... Destro rummages around in his pockets for a while, and eventually comes up holding a rather large book with a dragonhide cover and bound in iron. This will do for something for me to hold, and perhaps this as well. He removes an unloaded crossbow from a different pocket than the one the book was in.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-09, 12:21 AM
"Ah, a spellcaster I see. Very well. Before we begin I'll have Landry here bring you some water and whatnot. The beginning is going to be slow and I'm going to need you to stay as excruciatingly still as you can. So take a moment to relax, gather your thoughts, make sure that's what you want in the picture, and all that good stuff. Once I get it started it's going to be much easier and in about three hours you'll be able to go on your way."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 12:24 AM
I can stay very still if I need to. Destro grins, and takes a couple seconds to make sure he's in a pose he likes. Ok, this will do nicely. He is holding the book against his chest with his right arm. The crossbow is held in his other hand, pointing downwards.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-09, 12:34 AM
"Well, alright. If you say so. Landry, pay attention. You won't know what you're seing here but you will absorb some of it." For the next three hours Josiah is absorbed in his work as Landry watches in fascination. Josiah is without a doubt one of the greatest masters to walk the planet and within an hour had brought the canvas to life. After some time he lays down his palette and brush and speaks again in amazement. "I am extremely impressed. You hardly moved a twitch. I have never seen that in my whole life of doing art. Nevertheless, the painting needs to set and I'll have to touch up on it tomorrow. So, how would you like to pay for this?"

OOC: While I would love to actually make a portrait for you, that's practically impossible. So, shall we just settle for an imaginary portrait?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 12:41 AM
((Of course. Actually doing one would take a very long time. I'll probably end up doing one eventually, but that's me.))

I hope cash is alright. In advance of course. Destro puts away his book and crossbow. How much would you like for it? He smiles at the comment about hardly moving. Remaining completely still is an aquired talent I have.

((And sorry for the wait. I was having server trouble.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-09, 12:42 AM
"I will take cash, but to be honest I have enough liquid currency as it is. Is there some sort of trade you would b willing to do instead? A service, or perhaps an item?
Landry, run down to Trog's and get me some food. Tell them to put it on my tab."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 12:45 AM
Destro nods. Within reason, and my ability, yes. I could trade. Anything in particular you were looking for? I've managed to collect a variety of curiosities in my years of wandering.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-09, 12:47 AM
"Do you have a shop or something? I'll swing by and see if there's something that we can't work out."

OOC: Ack. The female is calling and I'm about to head out. Hate to be abrupt like this, but we'll have to work out details later. I'll find you or PM you later.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 12:50 AM
((No problems. I'll be on all day tommorrow.))

Yes, I do actually. You can't miss it. It's the floating house close to the main gate. If I'm not in just let Hrafn know and I'll by over shortly. Or you could ring the bell. I'll hear that no matter where I am. Destro grins. Anyways, there are some things I really must be doing now, so I'll leave you to your work. He exits the building.

Seren
2006-11-09, 01:19 AM
Seren slips inside and begins looking over some of the paintings. Micheal comes up to her, "Can I help you find something?"
"Oh no, I'm just looking. Beautiful work though."
"Just let me know if you need anything."
"I will. Thank you."

Seren continues to wander from painting to painting admiring them for some time.

"Excuse me, Is Mr. MacAndrews in?"
"I'm sorry. He's very busy right now. Can I give him a message or would you like to leave him a note?"
"A note would be perfect. Thank you."
Micheal hands her a pen and paper and Seren quickly writes a short note to Josiah.
"I'll make sure he gets this."
"Thank you."

Seren smiles and heads back out of the building.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 01:57 PM
A sign appears on the front of the Forum and it reads as follows.

Now doing free hand drawn portraits for today and tomorrow only!
Piercings free! Tattoos half price! Come in now and browse!

OOC: Business has been slow.

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:05 PM
Gwen wanders back into the store

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:15 PM
Josiah sees her come in and smiles happily. He looks like he's been sick. His face is slightly pale and his eyes are definitely red-rimmed. He also has a persistent cough, but he still is as chipper as ever. "Gwen! What a nice surprise. What brings you back over here?"

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:17 PM
Curiosity, Noting his condition Gwen asks in a concerned voice, Do you need healing, or perhaps some herbs for your cough?

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:21 PM
"Oh no, I'll be fine. I get a bug two or three times a year where I'll hack and cough and sniffle. It goes away in a few days. Nothing to worry about. Thank you, though. So, did you change your mind about that tattoo?", he asks with a wink. It's obvious that he knows Gwen doesn't want one, but he just might be flirting with her a little bit.

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:25 PM
If you're sure. I have some pleasant tea packets that will sooth your throat.

Gwen smiles, No, I didn't change my mind about the tattoo, I am interested in just looking through all the art you have around here.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:26 PM
"Of course. You know I'm running a special, don't you? Hand drawn portraits are free today. Interested?"

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:30 PM
Do you do miniatures?

((very small portraits))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:33 PM
"I can, though I must warn you I won't be able to capture all of the detail as I could with a full tablet. That would be disappointing with a woman as lovely as yourself."

OOC: Definite flirting

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:36 PM
Gwen blushes, I was thinking more of having one of Rain done, so I could carry a small picture of her wherever I go.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:43 PM
"Something that small? Delicate work. I can do that. Who's Rain?

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:47 PM
Rain is my companion, she's a tiger. She's bonded to Aramir so I don't see her as often and I would like a small picture of her to carry around.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/wxdruidfinal.gif

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:48 PM
"Certainly. Bring her in and I can have it done in about an hour. That is, if you can get her to sit still for that long."

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 02:52 PM
Rain will sit, she's a patient tiger and I've already asked her to come here. While we're waiting have you painted anything new recently? :-)

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 02:56 PM
"No, nothing really. I've dabbled a bit but haven't sat down and worked. What with training Micheal and Landry, then this little bug I've got, I haven't had much time. I think I'm about to lay down the brush for a while and go back to drawing, though. I've always loved it, and I'm a little tired of paint."

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 03:00 PM
There is something nice about pencil, simple lines and shading can create something beautiful.

Rain and Aramir walk in and look around before coming over to Gwen.

Rain asks Josiah, Is it possible to also get a miniature of Aramir, Kyrian seems to want one.

((Aramir is a black panther))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 03:06 PM
A look of pleasant shock crosses Josiah's face as the tiger speaks. It has been some time since he's come across talking animals. "Of course. I can make one of the two of you together if you'd like."

wxdruid
2006-11-13, 03:09 PM
Aramir lightly nudges Rain, she licks his cheek. Aramir would like that, so maybe one of me, one of Aramir and one of us together?

Gwen smiles, Seems that your work is multiplying Josiah.

((and I have to get going to pick up my parents from the airport, *sigh* We can continue the conversation later?))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 03:16 PM
OOC: Sure

McBish
2006-11-14, 05:27 PM
Lillah wanders in and start to look around.

wxdruid
2006-11-14, 05:32 PM
So Josiah, where do you want Rain and Aramir to stand?

((to continue the previous conversation))

McBish
2006-11-14, 05:34 PM
Lillah wanders upstairs and starts to look at the musical insturments. She sighs at seeing the beautiful insturments and leaves.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 07:10 PM
"Just have them pose as they want. The only thing is that they need to be close together so that I can get good details in the picture."

Josiah is bringing out some sort of equipment covered with knobs and tiny pointed pieces of graphite. The paper that he has laid out is tiny, indeed. Only a few inches across and barely as high.

OOC: I wish I had been online. Damn it. Feel free to come back by Lillah.

McBish
2006-11-14, 07:14 PM
((Ok. Darn missed you again, I think I'll wait this time.))
Lillah comes back in. She starts to look around agian, and heads upstairs to look at the insturments again.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 07:38 PM
((I've been meaning to bring Fenix by quite some time. As coincidence would have it, he was nearby, so...))
Fenix comes in, looks at the sign about free piercing and grins even wider.
I wonder how Vael would feel about that. Tattoos are more interesting though...
He wanders around the shop, careful to stay a good distance from any drawings and canvases, though still looking at them.

McBish
2006-11-14, 07:44 PM
Lillah looks around and gives into temptation and reachs out and gently picks up a beautiful looking flute. She raises it up to her lips and starts to play. As she play the beautiful music fills the store.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 07:45 PM
Fenix looks up and around, then sees Lillah playing. He smiles and doesn't disturb her, though after a moment her hums the music's harmony softly to himself, browsing over the different types of tattoos that he could shock Vael with.
I doubt it would actually show up on him as well though... shame.

McBish
2006-11-14, 07:48 PM
Lillah doesn't notice Fenix because she seems totally involved in playing. She plays for about 3 more minutes.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 07:51 PM
Fenix accidently finds a painting that he likes, and almost childishly reaches out to touch it. His fingers almost brush when they light on fire and he snaps his hand backwards and sighs. Luckily, the painting is unharmed. Fenix looks at his flaming fingers and the fire on them subsides.

McBish
2006-11-14, 07:54 PM
As she finishes playing she holds the flute in her hands smiling at it.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:09 PM
Fenix shakes his head and gets himself out of his daze, then looks back over to Lillah.
Play the flute much, Lillah?
He examines the painting he nearly set on fire.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:11 PM
Lillah jumps not realizing anyone else was in the room. "Oh Fenix you startled me. Not as much as I would like to. It has been a while since I have played."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:12 PM
Fenix blinks.
I startled you? Thats a new one. I'm kind of hard to miss...
He looks at the flute.
Are you going to buy it then?

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:14 PM
She looks down at the flute longinly "No I don't think so."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:16 PM
Why not?
Fenix looks curious.
Afraid it would get damaged somehow? You do have a rather rough job...

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:18 PM
"No it isn't that. I just can't afford it. I mean I spent the day looking around for a place to live, and I guess since everyone in this town seems richer than a triple chocolate cake, everything seems very expensive."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:20 PM
Actually I think Vael beats the cake...
Fenix smiles at her.
Well if Vael bought you something, the least I can do is match him, right?

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:21 PM
"No I couldn't..."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:24 PM
Fenix grins as he purposefully misinterprets what she is saying.
Thats why I'm paying for it, rather than you.
His eyes are innocent and jesting.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:26 PM
"Well I guess."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:28 PM
Fenix comes over to her, smiling, and puts an arm around her.
Vael has to spend his money somehow. It might as well be on making you, and everyone who listens to you, happy.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:32 PM
"I don't know, but I guess you do owe me one. Since I lost that dagger in the guy attacking you." She smiles at him. ((Also if Fenix has a high spot/sense motive he might notice that Lillah tensened up when he put his arm around her.))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:34 PM
((Heh. Fenix has a spot check equal to that of a rock))
Well then there you go.
Fenix looks back over at the tattoos with a slight smile on his face.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:35 PM
"Thinking about getting a tattoo?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:36 PM
Fenix grins wider.
Oh indeed. If only to mess with Vael's head. He needs to lighten up a little. So stiff, so formal.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:38 PM
Lillah laughs a little at this, but then remembers the disscusioon she had with Vael earlier. "Well he does have a lot on his mind."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:41 PM
Fenix's happiness dampens a little.
Very true.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:42 PM
Lillah sensing Fenix getting depressed says "But what kind of tattoo would you get."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:45 PM
I'm not quite sure. Something that matches me. Probably something in red, maybe on my arms.
He seems to remember something and shakes his head.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:49 PM
"Yeah I thought about getting one, but I don't know what I'd get."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:51 PM
Now if I were really daring I would get something done on my face...
He looks at Lillah.
Hm. I'm not sure what would suit you either.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:53 PM
Lillah laughs a little at the idea of Fenix haveing a tattoo on his face. "Yeah tattoos just seem to permanent to me."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 08:55 PM
Ah yes. Always one for change, aren't you?
He smiles at her.

McBish
2006-11-14, 08:57 PM
"Yeah what can I say it is in my nature." Her hand goes up to her amulet without her even thinking about it.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:00 PM
Fenix looks at the amulet and his eyes narrow slightly in interest.
What is that?
His voice is light and curious.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:03 PM
"Oh this it is a bit of Graygem. Fenric put it in a amulet for me. It helps me with the whole being stuck on a non-chaotic plane thing I have going on."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:04 PM
Fenix looks at her happily.
So no more Chaos Essence?

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:05 PM
"Yeah." ((How's his sense motive.))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:08 PM
((Not so great either. In fact, his wisdom is his low score... you might have guessed. Its not a dump stat, but it isn't good for an epic character))
Fenix smiles at her.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:15 PM
((Ok well I'll let you decide if he knows that she is hideing something from him.))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:21 PM
((Nope, he's clueless))

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:22 PM
"So are you feeling better."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:25 PM
Somewhat. I still haven't seen Phoenix since that day...
He seems more than a little saddened by this.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:26 PM
"Well maybe she just needed some time to figure stuff out."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:27 PM
Maybe.
Fenix doesn't seem to think so.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:30 PM
"Fenix, I told you once to take it slow, you didn't. I don't blame you, but now you have to be patient. Give her time to figure it out. She is probably just trying to figure it out, like you are."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:33 PM
I don't need to figure it out, I have already. She is the one giving the relationship problems, and I haven't even gotten a chance to figure out what is wrong yet.
He sighs.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:34 PM
"I wouldn't worry about it if I was you, what girl wouldn't want you?" She says with a smile.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:35 PM
Fenix snorts.
Speaking of which, I've been wondering if the Omnishop sells anti-love charms...

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:38 PM
"They do sell everything. So are you going to buy me with this flute?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:42 PM
Buy you? My, that would be a rather low price. Are you on sale?
He smiles at her and ruffles her short hair.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:44 PM
"Very witty, you know what I mean. And trust me you couldn't afford me."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm going to by the flute for you, I suppose how you react is up to you though, hm?
He looks around for where to pay.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:53 PM
Micheal spots them and comes over. "Yes can I help you."
((Hope The_Paradigm doesn't mind.))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 09:54 PM
Fenix smiles.
I was looking to buy this flute for Lillah here. How much might it cost?
His demeanor is extremely warm and friendly.

McBish
2006-11-14, 09:57 PM
Micheal smiles and looks at the flute. "I'm not quiet sure you see Josiah doesn’t really set prices ((I think)) um…”

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:02 PM
Wanders in, looking bored.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:04 PM
Ah. I see. Well in that case we will just have to be safe, won't we?
Fenix thinks for a moment, then pulls out a fair sized bag. It clinks obviously.
If Josiah finds this to be too little, I'll be back, and can pay the difference then.
((For your information, Paradigm, the bag contains 100 platinum. I doubt that is too little :smallwink:))

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:06 PM
Lillah takes the flute and turns to Fenix "Thank you." She makes it dissapear. Then spots Hawk "Hi I haven't seen you for awhile."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:07 PM
It was my pleasure, Lillah, and will be the pleasure of many more, if I am not mistaken.

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:07 PM
Grins I've been out.

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:09 PM
"Hawk have you meet Fenix?"

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:10 PM
Tilts his head to the side I've seen him around, haven't actually met him.

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:11 PM
"Well in that case Fenix meet Hawk and Hawk meet Fenix."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:12 PM
Fenix smiles warmly.
Good to meet you.
He holds out his hand.

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:13 PM
Takes the hand and grins Good to meet you too.

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:14 PM
To Fenix "Hawk here rescued me from my first mugging."

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:15 PM
And located you in the slums.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:16 PM
Fenix raises an eyebrow.
I see.
He shakes Hawk's hand and then lets go after a moment.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:17 PM
Josiah walks in and sees the people in the Forum. He's been out taking care of some business and is pleased to see that business is drumming up. "Hey folks, anything I can do for you?"

OOC: Give me a second to get caught up on the posts.

TheHawk
See what? Seems curious

McBish
"Oh yeah. Sorry I just have trouble keeping track of everything that has happened to me."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:19 PM
That you are one of the many people has taken time to help Lillah, of course.
Fenix smiles Lillah.
She seems to need it alot.

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:20 PM
Lillah rolls her eyes, "Like I can help it."

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:21 PM
to lillah You were unconsious in a house a house in the slums

To Fenix Well, if you cheat at cards only trouble will come

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:22 PM
She doesn't cheat... technically. Its not her fault that she is extremely lucky.

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:23 PM
In a dead voice "Yeah I remember that." then in a angry voice "How many times do I have to tell you I don't cheat."

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:23 PM
*snorts* Tell that to the muggers

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:24 PM
Josiah walks over Lillah, Fenix, and Hawk. "Evening folks, I'm Josiah. Owner and proprieter of the Forum. You're Fenix, right? I've seen you at Trog's just about everytime I go there. I don't think I know you two, though. What's your names?"

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:24 PM
With a smile "I tried, they didn't listen."
To Josiah "I'm Lillah." She offers her hand to him.

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:25 PM
And I'm Hawk

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:28 PM
Fenix nods to Josiah.
That is my name, yes.
He smiles, as normal.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:28 PM
"Nice to meet the three of you. What brings you to the Forum? Fenix, Landry said he saw you eyeing my body art equipment. Do you have something in mind?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:30 PM
Not really, I always have too many ideas...
He grins at Lillah, then turns back to Josiah.
What do you have in the way of facial tattoos?

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:32 PM
Lillah giggles a little bit at this.

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:32 PM
Too bad I can't get a tatoo, my body rejects them

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 10:36 PM
((*politely points out that his painting hasn't been delivered yet*))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:38 PM
To Fenix, "Facial, eh? Let's see, for you I would probably use a magical ink that switched colors whenever you and Vael switch personalities. I don't know exactly the relationship between you two but with a little information I could probably come up with a great concept. Do you have any sort of shape or whatnot in mind? I've found that people who design their own inks find them much more satisfying. I know it's that way with mine."

To Hawk, "Why does your body 'reject' them? That doesn't seem right."

OOC: Ack again! Sorry, Destro. I'll send the PM immediately.

McBish
2006-11-14, 10:39 PM
Lillah looks impressed with Josiah idea.

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:39 PM
It rejects the dye. It will literaly bleed out of the skin.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:41 PM
Fenix sighs and shrugs.
I love the idea, but I am not sure it would really work. If Vael does not take any of the wounds I take, I doubt a tattoo would transfer to him either.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 10:41 PM
((Just have one of the apprentices deliver it to my thread/house/shop, if you would. Destro hasn't gone anywhere today so he'll be there to recieve it.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:46 PM
"Hmmm... This is most interesting. Let me see what I have around here. I collect specialty inks as a matter of course, and I think I might still have something that could work. Before I get your hopes up let me take a look in my cabinet. In the meantime, feel free to come look at some of the designs that I can do for you ort, if you'd like, pick up a pencil and pad and doodle something out."

To Hawk, "I'm afraid I don't quite understand. It just 'bleeds out'? Could you go into a little more detail?"

OOC: Ignore that PM then Destro. I'll have Landry by the shop in a minute.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:48 PM
Fenix looks at one of the pencils and pads apprehensively, then looks at the premade designs.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 10:49 PM
((Ok, that works. I'll be standing by to answer the door, or whatever.))

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 10:50 PM
The dye. It wont stay. It will leave the skin and become a puddle on the floor. The elves tried to identify us with tatoos and they didn't work.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:54 PM
As he's searching through his cabinet Josiah yells towards the front of the Forum in response to Hawk, "That's unfortunate. Body art is without a doubt one of the most beautiful things we can ever do." Then with an triumphant cry he exclaims, "Ha! I knew I still had some." He walks back up to Fenix and Lillah with a pleased look on his face and in his hand is a small phial, the contents of which look...strange. "This is Astral ink. I can practically guarantee that this will do the trick."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:55 PM
Fenix looks at it curiously, and then asks an important question that just occured to him.
How will this ink, once put into my skin, react to very, very high temperatures?

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:58 PM
"Ah, of course, your elemental nature. And isn't Vael cold based?" It's obvious to se that Josiah is excited about doing something like this. His mind is racing and formulating ideas so it might seem like he's being rude, but pay it no mind.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 10:59 PM
No, Vael's just an elf.

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 11:01 PM
Shrugs Indeed it is. Sadly I now Have to go.

((Goodnight))

McBish
2006-11-14, 11:02 PM
"Goodbye." ((And goodnight.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:02 PM
"Ok, that will make it much easier. To answer your question, though. I have another compound that will make the ink itself immune to fire degredation. In fact, I'll go ahead and make it immune to all elements."

"So long, Hawk. Feel free to come back if you ever want something."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:03 PM
Fenix waves goodbye to Hawk and nods to Josiah.

McBish
2006-11-14, 11:05 PM
Lillah sits back and watchs Josiah work with a smile on her face.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:06 PM
((So does that mean that Fenix is interested?))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:08 PM
((Oh he is certainly interested in getting a tattoo. He might decide that getting it on the face is too much for even him, but he will get one))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:10 PM
"Well Fenix? What do you think? I can get this done if you're really interested. What an effect it will be, too! I can only imagine."

((Good stuff. We'll see what happens, then.))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:12 PM
((I think it will have to be face. Otherwise it won't show on the avatar. :smallbiggrin: Darn me and my addiction :smalltongue:))
Fenix nods.
What kind of designs can you create?

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:22 PM
"If you don't mind, tell me a little bit of yourself and your and Vael's relationship. I might be able to come up with something good from there. Also, do you have any particular shapes or even creatures in mind?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:28 PM
Fenix laughs a little.
Oh dear. I'm not sure you want to hear about Vael and I. I definately do not want a creature, but as for shapes... no, I'm afraid I can't think of anything there either. I don't want it too large. And I would like it to only be on one side of my face. Probably the left side.

McBish
2006-11-14, 11:29 PM
"Well at the fear of sounding obvious how about flame of some sort?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:30 PM
What, and confine poor Vael to being like me?
Fenix grins.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 11:31 PM
((*Points out ready made resources* (http://www.gamebanshee.com/fable/equipment/tattooface.php)))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:33 PM
"Well, as I recall Vael dresses in blue clothing, correct? And you favor red. Hmmm... let me think for a moment."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:34 PM
A rather light teal, to be exact.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:39 PM
"This is going to be interesting. I like the idea of the flames, but how does this sound? It would start out around the left eye and spread back to wrap around the ear and towards the back of your neck a little bit. Here's the kicker, though. On you, the ink would be primarily the blue-ish color, while with Vael it would be very bright, true-color, flames."

((Thanks Destro. I didn't even think to use the Fable stuff as ideas.))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:41 PM
Fenix slowly grins.
I like it. How long will this take?

McBish
2006-11-14, 11:41 PM
"Are you sure Vael won't mind this?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:42 PM
Fenix looks innocent.
Of course not he won't mind.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:43 PM
Josiah grins subtly, but still knowingly. "Well? What do you think?"

McBish
2006-11-14, 11:44 PM
Lillah shakes her head "This isn't going to end well."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 11:46 PM
((No problem. I played that game nonstop until I beat it, and the face tattoos just came to mind. *Spends several awesome points on a face tattoo*))

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:47 PM
Fenix slowly grins.
I like it. How long will this take?

((Cough. Erherm))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:49 PM
((Oops. Sorry. Didn't see that one.))

"It'll take about fifteen minutes to mix up the inks. Another twenty or so to draw up a quick concept design... eh, I'd say about fifteen more to prep and then from there I can get it started. The actual tattooing is going to take about an hour, then I'll have to touch up and clean-up. So, a good two hours."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:51 PM
Fenix thinks of something else.
Oh, and uh, do you have needles made of cold iron?

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:55 PM
Josiah grins good-naturedly. "Man, it just nevers stops with you does it? You owe me a drink after this," he says with a wink and a laugh. "I actually do. I've been doing this for so long that I've either collected or made practically everything imaginable I would need to do this on almost any creature."

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 11:57 PM
You had better be glad that I don't just regenerate whenever I get hurt.
Fenix grins.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:59 PM
"Alright, well let's get started. Come sit down in the chair, make yourself comfortable. I'm going to get to work getting everything ready. While you're waiting, would you like to hear how this specialty ink works? It's quite ingenious, if I may say so myself. Lillah, you're quite welcome to stay and watch as long as Fenix doesn't mind."

McBish
2006-11-15, 12:03 AM
Lillah yawns, "Sorry guys but I need to get going. Have fun getting a tattoo. But don't come crying to me when Vael finds out about this. Thank you for the flute. Which reminds me Josiah we bought a flute but we weren't sure what it cost." She pulls the flute out of the air.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-15, 12:04 AM
"Oh! Who sold it to you? Micheal or Landry?"

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 12:04 AM
Fenix nods and sits in the chair. After a moment, his eyes almost imperceptibly glaze over, and he goes into meditation without meaning to, though he seems awake and responds with nonverbal signals. By the time the tattooing is over, he is utterly gone.
((I have to go, so dump him out in the streets, leave him here, or whatever. Preferably after the tattooing is done, though))

McBish
2006-11-15, 12:05 AM
"Micheal did."

The_Paradigm
2006-11-15, 12:13 AM
"Ok. Well I'm sure whatever you paid for it is just fine. We'll have to play together sometime up at Trog's."

The tattooing takes about two hours and Josiah works skillfully and quickly. He is a little taken aback by Fenix's meditation, but ignores it happily and finishes up the work. After he's done, he tries to wake Fenix but is unable. So, instead, he carries him to one of the couches upstairs and lays him down.

OOC: Enjoy the ink! And the flute! I'm hitting the sack for the night so I'll see everyone tomorrow.

McBish
2006-11-15, 12:14 AM
((Me too.))
Lillah heads to Inari's to go get some sleep.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-15, 02:01 AM
((What if she doesn't like tattoos? :P))

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 09:03 AM
Rain and Aramir go and stand where Josiah indicates, Gwen looks around for a comfortable spot to sit while she waits.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:06 AM
((What if she doesn't like tattoos? :P))

((Then she should have been around to give her opinion, eh? :smallwink:))

Fenix slowly pulls out his trance and sits up on the couch.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 09:15 AM
Gwen suddenly gets thoughtful about something

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:18 AM
Fenix looks up and around, and sees a mirror. He walks over to it and looks in it, smiling.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 09:37 AM
Gwen wanders back out to the front while Rain and Aramir sit patiently. She looks through some of the artwork.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:41 AM
Fenix stands and walks downstairs. He nods and smiles to Gwen. She can see a tattoo of a blue flame on the left side of his face.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 09:43 AM
Hello Fenix, I see you got a tattoo.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:48 AM
That I did.
Fenix gives a sheepish grin.
So did Vael, actually.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 09:56 AM
Gwen chuckles, I'm not quite sure of all the ramifications of that, do you mind if I touch it? I'm curious.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:58 AM
Go ahead.
Fenix shrugs and smiles.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 09:59 AM
Gwen gently touches it and then puts her hand against his cheek. Did it hurt?

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:00 AM
Actually, I went into meditation when he started, so I don't reall know. It might have.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 10:03 AM
Gwen smiles as she puts her hand back down. It looks handsome on you.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:06 AM
Fenix smiles back, his ears reddening a little.
Thank you.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 10:08 AM
Gwen continues to smile and asks, So other than the new tattoo, how are things going?

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:11 AM
Fenix sighs.
Not as well as they could be.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, do you need anything?

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:24 AM
Nothing more than what you have already given.
He smiles and places his gloved hand on Gwen's shoulder.
Your care is enough.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 10:26 AM
Just ask if you need anything. I'm usually around somewhere.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:32 AM
I will, Gwen.
Fenix removes his hand from her shoulder and smiles at her.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 10:39 AM
Gwen smiles unsure of what to say, suddenly a yowl is heard from the backroom. Gwen looks towards the back, I think Rain is calling for me.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:41 AM
Fenix nods and smiles.
I'll see you around, Gwen.
He waves as he turns and goes out the door.

wxdruid
2006-11-15, 10:44 AM
Bye Fenix, Gwen goes into the back

The_Paradigm
2007-08-19, 11:51 PM
Josiah simply walks back into town as if he had never been away. For those that knew him before he slipped off into the everlasting darkness that is night he seems different now. Changed. He somehow seems... darker. He's still much the same, but maybe it's the scar that traces across his cheek or the short sword that he carries upside down along his spine plus an assortment of daggers across his person. Or maybe it's the fact that his eyes look dead from time to time, as if he's seen too much of the world and it's put a dousing rush of water on the unquenchable fire that was once his spirit. Regardless of all this, one thing remains true.

He's back, and he's ready to go back to work on his passions.

If ever he's asked about where he was, his face goes hard and as his eyes go distant he only gives one reply. "War is hell."

OOC: Which it indeed is. It's good to be back, everyone.