PDA

View Full Version : Making enchantment more applicable

limejuicepowder
2013-02-01, 07:17 PM
Perusing the spell compendium I came across an insanely fun-looking spell, Miser's Envy. Thinking about all the ways it could be used, I came to the unfortunate reality that virtually all enchantment spells are will:no (not to mention mind-effecting, which is a common immunity).

How do I get around this? Most basically what's the best way to increase the chance their save is going to fail, but I'd also like to know if there are other "rider" type effects that make enchantments not so yes/no (like the illusionist ability that makes even forewarned targets roll a save). Or a feat like the bardic music feat that lets them use music effects against undead.

Thanks!

Ravens_cry
2013-02-01, 07:25 PM
Yeah, enchantment is tough. it's potentially very, very, poweful, when it goes off, but so many darn things are immune.
Now you know how a rogue feels. Pathfinder has a few options, for example the Sorcerer bloodline allows your spells to affect undead that were once humanoid as humanoid and there is also a metamagic that allows your spells to affect undead, but I am not familer enough with 3.5 to say what options it has for this.

Carth
2013-02-01, 07:32 PM
3.5 sort of has options, but the problem is that those options basically make what you're trying to do moot. You can use PAO to turn something that's immune into something that's not, or use necrotic domination or necrotic tumor, for instance.