PDA

View Full Version : Animal additudes, animal empathy help

tim01300
2013-02-01, 08:02 PM
This came up during my last session. Party walks into the cave of three wolves. Wolves attack, Druid uses animal empathy to change the attitude of one of the wolves from hostile to unfriendly.

The wolf doesn't run away or anything it just doesn't attack, next round when the party continues to attack the other two wolves this wolf went back to hostile. They were attacking its pack. This seemed only logical to me but one of my players (not the druid) complained about this.

Did I misunderstand the druids ability? I have not DM'd a lot and this is my first druid player

ArcturusV
2013-02-01, 08:07 PM
The problem isn't misunderstanding the Wild Empathy ability... it's that the rules on "Attitudes" are generally vague in my experience. There are people who think changing attitudes are basically free Dominate that works in an AMF. I made it friendly, it will now defend me unto death!

In this case? It makes sense. Unfriendly just means that, Unfriendly. It doesn't like the druid. The fact that the druid and his buddies then beat the snot out of it's pack? Well why wouldn't it attack. Just like if you ran into an Unfriendly Peasant Mob, and then chucked a rock at one of the mob, they're probably ALL going to rush you.