PDA

View Full Version : Stranded Far from Home IC

Pages : [1] 2

rweird
2013-02-02, 09:34 AM
Pulled away, in a moment, from what you know...
Pulled away, from all that you hold dear...
Pulled away, into the unknown...
Pulled away, for what purpose, is unclear...

Suddenly, you feel something grip you, pulling. Colors swirl around you, and your world blurs, you try to resist, but the pull is to strong, images flash before your eyes, but to quickly to comprehend. Suddenly, your feet hit solid ground, the world comes into focus, as a swirling, sparking storm of energy drifts off, splitting and fading into air. You take a moment to steady yourself, and you realize that this world is completely new.

You are in a clearing, about 40 ft across, in the middle of a jungle. Trees tower hundreds of feet in the air, a mass of vines of every color twisting around them. You hear an unearthly howling, and the chittering of many creatures. The sky is a brilliant blue, with red clouds floating by. Giant winged creatures fly with unearthly grace above you, though the canopy makes it impossible to see more than a small patch of sky.

You notice others around you, doing much the same as you are, wondering what this place is, seeming as confused as you. Your in this together, you must work together to survive.

Posting:
Try to post at least once per day as long as there is something to post, more often if you have can. If you don't post for three days straight in combat, someone else will act for you (me, unless another player wants to). If an idea is proposed and no-one voices objection within three days, i'll presume that you're all going along with it.

When you post, structure them with OoC [out of character] stuff spoiler it with a heading of OoC. Dice rolls in spoilers unless it is something that makes sense to include IG (Summoning 1d3 hippogriffs to attack someone could have the roll code in the post there if you say something like "and 1d3 hippogriffs appear diving at the foe, slashing with there claws"). If your doing some roll completely OoC, such as forgetting to include a knowledge/spellcraft check, post it here, clearly stating what it is. The same goes for saves and other rolls that happen on your turn unless you want to type something about what your doing IC.

Everyone should pick a color to speak in. Use italics in that color for thoughts you post. I'll have all NPCs speak in Bold, important ones will also get a color (some may get a color later, once you realize they are important).

If there is a spoiler with a player/character's name above it which isn't your character/player's name, don't read it, it is meant to be private. If I make a spoiler with a title like "Spot (DC 15):" Don't open it unless you successfully make the check, they may have spoilers within the spoilers with increasing difficulty, if that is so, don't open the further spoilers unless your roll also would reach that DC.

List of Players:
{table=head]Player Name|Character|Done/Approved?|Color of Speech
Swami Monsoon|Reza Damavandzadeh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491109)|Yes/Yes|DarkRed
Lix Lorn|Katie (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491543)|Yes/Yes|DarkOrchid
Seer_of_Heart|http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491116 (Needs Name)|Needs name and backstory, i want to see something with spell tracking, you haven't listed what spell your storing in your quarterstaff/Tentatively|
J-H|Shen Kavwen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=491053)|Yes/Yes|Olive
Morcleon|Telarys of Ilitarn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=503443)|Yes/Yes|DeepSkyBlue
Ithandor|Cannith of the Spires (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=503370)|Yes/Yes|DarkOrange
OhMyGodImOnFire|Khodzla (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=503288)|Yes/Yes|SeaGreen
razorback|Aetril Sinx (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=421764)|Yes/Yes|Navy
supernerd|Kamynar Desnin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=503982)|Yes/Yes|Magenta
[/table]

Links to other threads:
Recruitment: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265933
Out of Character: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14635207

razorback
2013-02-02, 10:19 AM
Aetril stood at the edge of the clearing, stalking the jackals that were hunting too close to the village. The villagers had paid him to rid them of the jackals, not knowing that if they had asked he would have probably done it for free.
He leaned forward as he moved into the tall, thick grass as he kept his awareness on the pack, making sure to come at them downwind.
As he moved slowly and methodically, silent as a shadow. Suddenly, a swirling light began to grow from around the pack, spooking them into running. Running in a perpendicular direction.
Growling and spitting, Aetril moved to intercept the pack as the colors swirled and moved, faster than he, realize that he, the hunter, was now being hunted in turn, he moved as quickly as he could but to no avail. As the colors enveloped him, he felt the world draw away from him as he felt himself being... stretched. It was the only thing his mind could put to the sensation.
Eyes open as the world came into focus as trees took up his view. He wasn't sure if the light had blinded him or if he had blacked out. Sitting up, he looked around and saw the intemerate jungle around him. Standing, he felt as if he had slept on rocks all night as he worked out the cramped muscles.
"Where in the heavens am I?" he whispered to himself, marveling at his surroundings.
He hears a noise and realize others are moving about in the same fashion.
Growling, he stalks towards the largest of the group as he pulls his daggers and rolls the blades so that they are hidden by his forearms.
"Who are you and why have you brought me here? Return me know before I gut you from throat to loin and leave you for the scavengers!" he says in a guttural voice as he prepares to deal with these strangers.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-02, 11:44 AM
Khodzla awakens to a throbbing pain in his back. As the world stops spinning, he realizes that the hard dirt beneath his shroud was awkwardly pinning his wings. Groggy, he pushes himself up with his limbs, and slowly tests each one to make sure it still functioned properly. Girallon Arms... check. Tentacles... check. Roc Wings... check. Feathered wings... check. Satisfied with his physical condition, Khodzla moves on to his psychic abilities. Focusing, he begins to manifest his powers - his ribs distort, and a claw grows out from both sides, rounding out his complement of a dozen limbs on his upper torso. His tailbone elongates, and out from it grows a muscular tail, scaled like that of a dragon. Finally, a sheen seems to settle over him, covering him in a translucent layer of psionic energy. Excellent. Happy that he seems to be safe and sound for at least the time being, Khodzla begins to observe his surroundings. Trees tower all around him, and the howl of animals reach his ears. He notices Telarys and Katie lying on the ground too, not yet conscious. So we go shifted together, eh? Good. Ever since his second exile from the Shang Temple, he had grown accustomed to living on an alternate plane. With no planeshifting powers of his own, his only course of action was to simply make do, and look for other ways to find his way back.

Suddenly, he hears a growl from behind him, and immediately tenses. Whirling around, he brings all of his limbs to bear - arms extended, wings flared out, tail thrashing behind him. He waits, not sure who this man is, but wary of his hostile posture.

Manifestations:

Augmented Claws of the Beast: 7 Power Points (Duration: 11 hours)
Tail of the Dragon: 7 Power Points (Duration: 11 hours)
Augmented Inertial Armor: 7 Power Points (Duration: 11 hours)

Morcleon
2013-02-02, 12:36 PM
Telarys

Ugh... what... was that...? Telarys slowly lifts his slight form into a sitting position, and blinks away the aches and pains of whatever had brought him there. With a yawn, he takes note of his surroundings. A number of unconscious, unknown figures. An as-of-yet unresponsive Katie. A strange hostile man. A battle-ready Khodzla.

He crouches down beside Katie and tries to shake her awake. "C'mon Katie, I know you can hear me. Wake up..."

As the hostile man growls, a small mote of ice blue light sparks at his finger tip and the tiny faerie calls out. "How the hell should we know where we are? And if you so much as make one hostile move to us, I'll spread your constituent molecules across this strange land."

J-H
2013-02-02, 01:16 PM
Shen rolls onto his back silently, then stands up. His jaw drops as he spins in place with his head craned back.

Suddenly, he hears a high-pitched angry voice from nearby - being only slightly taller than the grass, he'd missed the others initially. Not knowing who, what, or where, the small gnome fades to invisibility, leaving mashed grass stalks as the only indicator of his presence.

He shuffles off towards the trees and moves a bit closer to the many-armed creature and the noisy one.

Move Silently [roll0]
Using Detect Magic to see if anything other than the other party members radiates magic...magical trails, whatever.

rweird
2013-02-02, 02:20 PM
J-H:
You detect magic. I assume you keep concentrating, spellcraft to identify the schools? In the area, there are seven magical auras, three strong, four weak.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-02, 02:30 PM
He crouches down beside Katie and tries to shake her awake. "C'mon Katie, I know you can hear me. Wake up..."
"M...master?" the centaur says, pulling her top half mostly upright, looking around in confusion.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-02, 02:40 PM
The mountain path drops out from under him. There are no warning tremors or sounds of shifting rock... it's like no landslide or avalanche he's ever seen. A great swath of the mountainside silently slips away, falling in on itself instead of sliding towards the canyon below...

Reza and his mount plunge into the void. After several panicked, tumbling seconds he kicks his way free of the animal and triggers the enchantment in his boots. He is floating, safe... He looks up just in time to see another massive chunk of the cliff face rushing down towards him. The world disappears in a flash of blinding light...

Reza finds himself face down in the... grass? He slowly struggles to his feet, gingerly shaking out all the parts of his body. Somehow, he is unhurt. He takes in a deep breath of the sultry air. He can already feel the sweat beading on his brow... but it was just snowing? Now he begins to take in his surroundings. He has clearly fallen a long, long way. Reza has never seen a jungle like this. Where could he be? Africa? India? He suddenly remembers the thousands of tons of rock plummeting down to crush him... But he still feels alive, still feels the aches of weeks of hard travel in his muscles... He swats at something buzzing by his ear. No, he was pretty sure there were no mosquitoes in Paradise...

Then Reza sees the others clustered at the center of the clearing and realizes that he is nowhere in Heaven or Earth... Several of them appear to be human, at least at first glance. But there are also two... Gnomes? That would be twice as many as he's seen in his entire life.. and a Centaur?! As far as he knew there had been none of those on Earth since before the fall of Troy... and some kind of tiny fairy... and a thing with lots of... arms...

Beyond the Veil. That's where he must be. A place known only in legends and the most fragmentary of reports... because few humans who traveled there ever returned. But the group in front of him is clearly not an ambush or even a welcoming committee. They appear to be arguing amongst themselves (in several different languages that Reza somehow understands). It looks like there might even be a fight. Reza wants no part of that. He reaches into his shirt and pulls out a whistle hanging from a chain around his neck. As he blows on it, an enormous ibex the size of a heavy warhorse appears beside him. At least Raksh made it here with me... He hops onto the animal's back, controlling it without reins or stirrups. He glances at the group in the clearing and then back at the jungle behind him. I wonder what lives in there. Do I even want to know? Is there any place to go if things get ugly here?

Casts Phantom Stag

Spot 1d20+5
Listen 1d20+5

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-02, 03:36 PM
Trying those rolls again. They did not display properly on previous post.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

rweird
2013-02-02, 03:48 PM
Swami Monsoon:
You see nothing I didn't already describe, you hear wingbeats, though little else over the noise of the jungle.

Morcleon
2013-02-02, 04:25 PM
"M...master?" the centaur says, pulling her top half mostly upright, looking around in confusion.

"Ah, there we go. You always sleep so soundly," smiles Telarys. He hovers up into the air a few feet and glances around again. "Apparently we've been shifted over to some strange place with a bunch of strangers."

Spotting Khodzla and Kamynar, he comments, "Ah, correction. A bunch of strangers, our crazy friend, and some guy who hates me."

Knowledge checks:
Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
Planes: [roll2]

Lix Lorn
2013-02-02, 05:17 PM
Blink blink.

She scrambles up onto her hooves, looking around, checking that her saddlebags and possessions are present.

Ithandor
2013-02-02, 05:28 PM
Cannith

Cannith blinks, opening his eyes to an otherwordly sight. Well, he thought, this isn't the Plane of Shadows, anyway. Unusual.

Pulling himself to his feet, leaning on his glaive for support, Cannith surveys the other members of the clearing. One dazed... horse. One flying sprite. One man best described as "betentacled". Two humans, one looking lost, the other very angry. In a clearing, against a backdrop of azure blue sky and blood red cloud.

Most Unusual.

Scanning the edges of the clearing, Cannith clears his throat.

"Fellow clearing inhabitants, people call me Cannith, and I have no idea how I got here. If one amongst you could tell me where we are, who we are, or why we are..... em... here, I'd be obliged. Also, I quite like my loins, so I'd prefer to keep them intact, if that's all the same to you."

rweird:
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Cannith is looking, particularly, for areas out of direct light, as he benefits from being in shadows. If there's a convenient spot nearby, he'll amble towards it as he talks.

I suspect me asking where areas out of direct light are will be a common request, going forward :smallsmile:

supernerd
2013-02-02, 05:37 PM
Kamynar was strolling along, as he normally did during the day when not on a mission of any sort. It was a really nice day so far, and the air smelled like it would be getting better. He was rather surprised when a swirl of colors surrounded him and he felt as though something was tugging on him. "Hmm..." he said to himself as he felt the tug not letting him go and let it take him, "Well it looks like the Universe wants me. I wonder what for..."

Due to his lack of struggling, the colors pull away and he wasn't quite as discombobulated as the rest of the creatures he noticed after the light throbbing in his head. He stood up and took a look around, seeing footprints leading to a light distortion. If need be, He'd attack, but not for now, so he settled with a smile and a wave. He heard a conversation of people as confused with the surroundings as he was, and what beautiful surroundings they were. So he stepped over and saw something that instantly brought him alert. "So, Telarys, I assume you were pulled here as well." he shifted his attention to the man with the daggers, though this time with the huge height difference in the other's favor, "Now you sir, should probably not be threatening people. So much as I abhor this little faerie, he's in the right if you are the one threatening him or his friends. And from what I heard we should be trying to figure out what in the Nine Hells is going on, not blast each other into dust."

Spot:
[roll0]
Listen:
[roll1]
I assumed a 1, so anything else is up to you.

rweird
2013-02-02, 06:34 PM
Ithandor:
Anywhere outside the clearing isn't in direct light, though the sun is pretty much shining dead down on the clearing. Spot/listen give you nothing you didn't already know.

supernerd:
Spot: Several dog-like creatures are lurking in the shadows, they are around horse sized. They appear to be curious of what you are and what you'll try to do.

Listen: You hear wingbeats, it seems that there are several massive creatures flying above, along with several smaller ones. You don't hear the dogs, they seem to be strangely quite in there movements, especially in a jungle with so many vines and so much undergrowth.

J-H
2013-02-02, 06:43 PM
A voice speaks from apparently thin air as Shen breaks his silence. "None of us seem to know why or how we are here, so we've no reason to harm each other. I don't think we are alone - there are a few magical sources here that don't belong to any of us lost ones."

Still detecting magic... are any of the sources moving? How close are they?

rweird
2013-02-02, 06:57 PM
J-H:
All the auras are all around the clearing. They aren't moving, just lingering magical auras.

supernerd
2013-02-02, 07:15 PM
Kamynar was aware of several threats just beyond the clearing, he kept calm as he continued to talk to the others, "well I think the plane hopping was from here, judging by the colors, as it didn't match anything I have experienced before. However, I'd suggest you'd stay calm as I tell you there are several horse sized canines in the shadows around the clearing, but they seem more curious than aggressive. They're eerily quiet though. However there are numerous massive winged creatures and smaller ones as well. Lets hope the big ones don't come after us."

He sees Cannith and looks as he seems to be interested in the shadowy edges, and with his looks, if he were to take off to the shadows, he would offer his cloak.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-02, 09:12 PM
The group in front of Reza looks like it had been assembled from a combination of children's storybooks and some of the select files in the Imperial Special Archives, the ones marked TOP SECRET + + Was that one woman really an Elf? He listens to the urgent conversation between them. It looks like there won't be a brawl after all... mainly because they're worried about whatever's hiding in those trees...
Even the Veil Dwellers are scared of this place? Where the Hell am I?
Reza edges Raksh closer to the group. He speaks down from his mount as if it were a pulpit. "I agree with the little one. We all appear to be here against our will. We are going to have to work together to get out of this fix. Perhaps we should start with introductions? I am Reza Damavandzadeh, Legate of the Empire." He notices the blank looks. "Ahh, that would be the Persian Empire... uh, you folks have heard of Persia, right?"

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-02, 10:03 PM
Khodzla relaxes, letting his limbs drop to his side. It seems as though the others had agreed to an unspoken truce, and any "in-fighting" now would only provoke hostility from all. Very well, he thinks, eying the others, though I would have liked to test my strength further, I suppose I shall obey. For now. He instead turns his attention to the horse-dogs that supposedly surrounds them. "Khodzla," he says curtly. Staring at the curious man on the beast, he idly wonders if this "Persia" place has any planeshifting methods.

J-H
2013-02-02, 10:10 PM
The invisible gnome stays still while looking around to see if he can spot the large canines.... he looks in the areas he spotted the auras.

"I'm Shen, Shen Kavwin. I'm from Faerun, and I don't think we are there...

I was with a group that was stalking a mage, but unless he hops the planes a lot, I don't think he did it. I'll need to get back there, or hope that my team can take him without my special talents."

razorback
2013-02-02, 11:03 PM
Aetril, realizing he may be overreacting and that none of them are responsible, relaxes his posture.
"Bah!" he says out loud as he resheathes his blades.
He stalks back to a point near the outside of the ring of strangers so that he doesn't have his back to any of them.

Digging his feet in the ground, he squats on his heels before looking back at the rest of the group.

"What now?"

Switching stance to Hunter's Sense.

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

supernerd
2013-02-02, 11:42 PM
"So that's what you sound like!" Kamynar exclaimed as he looked to the invisible figure. Seeing as everyone was in the mood for introductions, he decided he'd better follow suit, "Well, in any case my name is Kamynar Densin. It would proabably be best if we were wary, though I suppose we were brought here for a reason. I highly doubt that something like this could be random." He looked around again from this vantage point to check for anything knew.

Spot:
[roll0]
Listen:
[roll1]

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 03:22 AM
Telarys raises an eyebrow at Katie and chuckles, patting her lightly on the shoulder. "Hey, hey, calm down. You've still got everything..."

He glares once at Kamynar, but then turns to the rest of the group. "Of course there's a reason we've all been brought together. Eight people, from various parts of the multiverse, are shifted into a suspiciously well sized clearing, left unconscious for a rather long time without disturbance, and only when they wake does a possible threat occur. There is no way this wasn't controlled by an intelligent entity. Now the only questions are who, and why?"

supernerd
2013-02-03, 06:52 AM
Kamynar glares back at Telarys, knowing he probably knew a bit more of the mechanics, but still, "Like I said, they seem more curious than aggressive. They aren't even a threat yet. In the same way that you all aren't a threat to me or I to you," he said, adding a sufficient amount of malice to his expression towards Telarys, if said malice was restrained for survival's sake, "now I assume you can shed an ounce of candlelight on what brought us here. It gives us a clue as the what we might be dealing with."

rweird
2013-02-03, 08:22 AM
razorback:
You smell the creatures, but don't see or hear them.

supernerd:
Nice rolls.

You see nine big black dog-like creatures stealthily circling the camp. They move quietly, though you hear the swish of there movements, and realize that the dog's paws barely touch the ground and they have unnaturally long strides. If fact, it seems that they are actually flying very close to the ground as opposed to walking.

Above you in the trees you hear the wingbeats two massive creatures, one much faster, but also quieter than the other, along with that of several smaller ones (still large, but smaller), a strange humming from the sky, and the occasional yell, though you can't make out what is said.

razorback
2013-02-03, 08:44 AM
Aetril stands and stealthily draws his daggers.
"All, calmly prepare yourselves. I believe we are about to be set upon by creatures unknown. We may be being hunted."

Switching stance back to Child of Shadows

supernerd
2013-02-03, 09:03 AM
Kamynar noted the human's concern, and chose to help shed some light while remaining calm and loose, "I wouldn't provoke them, they seem interested, but if we're being hunted we'd be dead by now, or at least in battle. There are nine of the dogs, and they move about with barely audible swishes, furthermore, it looks like they get their grace from flight, as their paws are barely off the ground. In the air their are two gigantic winged creatures, one faster and quieter, while more creatures are near, still probably significantly larger than a human. I can also hear occasional yelling in the distance, though not what is being said, they can't be too far. I'd say we go there to try and find something about what is going on, or perhaps serve a purpose in this world. Does anyone have any divinations on these things before we start charging through their forest?"

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-03, 11:40 AM
"Well, whatever they're curious about," Khodzla responds, looking into the woods, his planetouched eyes piercing the darkness, "they are awfully curious. So curious, in fact, we are becoming more and more surrounded as we speak." Suddenly realizing he, and likely the others, have absolutely no sense of the cardinal directions in this place, he instead says, "All of the wolves are in that direction." As he says this, he raises the limbs on his right side, his arms, wings, and tail pointing in different directions, arranged in a rough semicircle. "I propose we go that way," he continues, now alternating to his left side, his many limbs pointing in the direction perpendicular to the edge of the semicircle of creatures forming around them. By Ilsensine, it's so good to stretch out these limbs.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-03, 12:01 PM
Reza mutters a word of power and taps his face with an index finger. His skin immediately takes on a rough, almost stony consistency.

Casts Barkskin (+4 natural armor) using lesser rod of Extend. Good for 220 minutes.

"If those things are anything like wolves they can easily outrun anyone on foot... and this jungle is their element. If they really want a fight we won't be able to walk away from it.."

supernerd
2013-02-03, 12:55 PM
Kamynar looked to the group as it was proposed to go in the opposite direction, "I agree with the Persian, and I don't think there will be much more beyond more jungle in the opposite direction. We have yelling just barely within my earshot. I'll propose we follow that, and these things are faster than wolves, so whether we fight has already been determined."

rweird
2013-02-03, 01:59 PM
Above you, the sky is momentarily blocked out by winged shapes flying close to the trees, towards the way to dogs came from. You see at least half a dozen, horse-sized winged creatures, with vulture beaks, and black fur with rusty red streaks, its neck is covered in brown feathers, though its wings are like a bats. Astride each one is a figure whirling a spiked chain, though you can make little out of the figures. Creatures looking like a cross between a vulture and an eagle accompany them, along with four-winged, vulture-legged humanoids, each carrying a spear in its talons. They are screeching and shouting. They pass over your clearing in seconds, leaving only the rustle of leaves, and distant shouts, not seeming to notice you, or if they did, not seeming to care.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-03, 02:02 PM
Katie gulps. Even she can't miss THEM.
"What now?" she asks, looking fearfully at her fae-owner.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-03, 03:28 PM
That was a good nap, wait this isn't where I went to sleep was it fuzzy?She says lethargically as she stretches towards standing up. As she sees the others she walks towards them and says, Oh hi. Do you know where we are? Because fuzzy and I don't seem to recall sleeping here last night.

spot
[roll0]+17=27
listen
[roll1]+21=40

and fuzzy
spot
[roll2]+8=26
listen
[roll3]+2=22

rweird
2013-02-03, 03:33 PM
Seer_of_Heart:
You see nine big black dog-like creatures stealthily circling the camp. They move quietly, though you hear the swish of there movements, and realize that the dog's paws barely touch the ground and they have unnaturally long strides.

Above you in the trees you hear the wingbeats of massive creatures, along with that of several smaller ones (still large, but smaller), and a strange humming from the sky. Occasionally you think you hear a yell, though can't understand what is being said. You hear shrieks of the winged things that just passed over, and yells, as well as the sound of blades being unsheathed.

Also, for rolls, xdy+z includes the bonus, that'd be easier for me to understand than including the bonus after the d20 roll.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-03, 03:43 PM
OOC

Ahh, sorry I was being cautious with the rolls since I had a problem before because I didn't realize that they were not able to be edited in

I make a knowledge nature check on the dogs, if sucessful in identifying them I cast detect animals or plants
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectAnimalsOrPlants.htm
knowledge
[roll0]

Careful! It looks like there might be a problem soon, I hear danger!

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 03:50 PM
"What brought us here?" Telarys mutters to Kamynar. "That would be a planar flux which caused a breach. And a rather contrived one at that, to be able to bring us all here from places apart."

"Also, according to a few of my studies, this plane has a three layers. We are on the second. The night and day cycle is elongated significantly, so that each rotation requires 64 hours rather than the 24 we are used to. There are also reports of various, supposedly random, sites where different planar traits exist."

Turning to his magical girl centaur, the little faerie shrugs and gives his charge a comforting smile. "Don't worry about it, Katie. Those have ignored us; I see no reason to provoke them into doing otherwise. However, we do have nine rather unintelligent creatures of the planes within a hundred feet or so that seem to be surrounding us."

"Oh, hello there," calls Telarys to the newly awoken elf. "Yes, we are aware of the possible danger. Now the question is, do we attack it preemptively and ensure both their hostility and a higher chance of victory, or do we wait with the hope that they are merely curious...?"

Lix Lorn
2013-02-03, 03:54 PM
She gives a slight smile, trying to stay close to him while she looks around.

rweird
2013-02-03, 04:14 PM
Seer_of_Heart:
These dogs aren't natural creatures. They are something supernatural, though not fey. You don't know what they are.

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 05:05 PM
As nothing seems to be particularly forthcoming from the beasts surrounding them, Telarys sighs and settles down onto Katie's shoulder, balanced rather precariously. "Of all the places to be shifted, it had to be here..."

"You seem a bit frightened. Anything wrong?"

Lix Lorn
2013-02-03, 05:13 PM
"I... I don't like waking up somewhere where I didn't go to sleep..." she murmurs. "And if you don't know either then no-one knows and I'm scared..."

rweird
2013-02-03, 05:15 PM
The creatures now have you 3/4 surrounded.

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 05:36 PM
"Mhmm... it's pretty disconcerting, isn't it?" he nods and glances up, at the last quarter remaining. "Katie, I'm not perfect, y'know... But even if I don't know, you shouldn't be scared. I'll still be by your side."

He beams, pats her gently on the ear, and lifts off her shoulder to float in the air. "Our window of escape is gradually shrinking. I believe it would be wise to leave this clearing promptly." With a pointing finger toward the center of the opening, he gestures the motley group forward into the breach!

Lix Lorn
2013-02-03, 05:39 PM
She smiles slightly, and will go as he directs!

supernerd
2013-02-03, 05:55 PM
Kamynar sighed as the faerie explained the world, choosing to believe him as now was not the time for lying to each other, "Wonderful, well it looks like we don't need to follow the screams, does anyone have tongues? Or are they too unintelligent? Hmm... It would be best to run." he then prepared to go where the faerie took his centaur.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-03, 06:26 PM
Well shoot, I better run with them. Come on fluffy lets go. I cast speak with animals on myself just incase while running.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-03, 07:05 PM
"This looks like a planned maneuver," Reza says. "If we move into the gap they're leaving us, we'd better be ready for a trap."

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-03, 07:30 PM
I don't think we're going to have any choice at this rate. I cast bite of the wearboar on myself and my animal companion since I'm riding on him(share spells).

J-H
2013-02-03, 08:29 PM
Shen Dimension Doors towards the gap in the "wolves"(75' range), aiming to be on one side of the direction of travel. He appears 5 feet above the ground and drops his invisibility at the same moment. Landing upright with some "grass" and stalked plants crushed under him, he stands for a moment and looks towards the wolves on his side of the group before running onwards.

Dimension door is a move action (I have 3 ranks in the mutation).
Using gaze attack as a standard action directed towards any of the wolves on my side of the group... Popping out of nowhere and falling to the ground should get them looking my way.

60' cone, will save DC 14 or stunned for 1d4 rounds each (not sure how many there are, not sure that I'm supposed to know how effective it is, so I won't roll the d4s).

None of the rest of the group saw the gaze attack- don't think anyone's watching each other for magic use, etc.

After that, resuming move, 120' this round running at full speed (30 x4).

Ithandor
2013-02-03, 08:47 PM
Cannith

Trap or not, we'll have to move eventually, and I don't think "surrounding" gels with "let's have a friendly conversation".

Seeing the group start to move, Cannith moves with them, figuring it best not to get isolated. As he gets to the edge of the clearing boundary, his form takes on a shadowy blur, and he fades from sight.

Assuming I can get out of the direct light, once I do, I use the combination of Shadow Blur (20% concealment when not in bright light) and Hide in Plain Sight to hide, and then continue moving as much as I can:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Note: With Darkstalker, creatures with Blindsight/sense, Scent and/or Tremorsense still need Spot/Listen to see me

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-03, 08:52 PM
Seeing that a fight appears imminent, Reza mutters another spell and draws in a deep breath. His body appears to expand for a moment.
He then turns his mount and follows the group. As he catches up with them, he speaks another word of power...

Casts Bear's Endurance on self. +4 CON (Effectively +2 with existing item, +11 HP) for 11 minutes.
Casts Bless on group, +1 attack, saves vs. fear for 11 minutes

supernerd
2013-02-03, 09:00 PM
Laminar knew he wasn't going to be sneaking around any time soon, so instead hebprepared for whatever trap lay ahead, "Seems today won't be too leisurely after all." He gathered himself and looked into the future for just a split second, noticing gaps for more virulent wounds.

Psionic Focus:
[roll0]

Manifest Offensive Prescience for 1pp: 25/26: +2 damage rolls.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-03, 09:39 PM
Initiative [roll0]

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-03, 11:00 PM
Khodzla moves for the opening with the group, his heart pounding. A fight, he thinks excitedly, there's going to be a fight! This shall be good training. Concentrating, Khodzla manifests more of his powers. The shimmer on his body intensifies, as if coated by yet another layer of power. Hunching, his mouth and nose elongate, forming a snout and a long wolf's jaw, full of rows of vicious teeth. He stares hungrily at the figures of the creatures as he walks, his darkvision casting them in black and white.

Manifesting Force Armor (+4 AC) and Bite of the Wolf (natural attack, 2d8+4). Both duration 11 minutes.

Morcleon
2013-02-04, 12:30 AM
With a scowl, Telarys notes the rapidly closing gap and realizes that their escape would not be entirely peaceful. A spark of ice blue leaps into his hand, ready to freeze anything that would come at him or his group. "Come now, let's see what the creatures of this plane can do..."

Continue moving, and ready an action to eldritch blast (w/ hellrime) anything that tries to attack any of us.

razorback
2013-02-04, 09:05 AM
Aetril sinks into a deep stance, ready to pounce and attack or run as the case may be, baring his teeth in the process.

"Come" he mutters in a low voice "You have chosen poorly this day if you seek to make me a meal today."

Lix Lorn
2013-02-04, 09:45 AM
Katie, gulping, goes close to her master, and, concentrating, begins to call up the power within her.

rweird
2013-02-04, 06:50 PM
Dog 3 Save (DC 14): [roll0]
Dog 9 Save (DC 14): [roll1]

Either failing stuns them for [roll2] rounds.

The dog-things snarl and prepare to charge at you, though you expect it, and manage to strike before the dogs, if you take advantage of the opening.

Map:
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j460/reweird/YethHoundBattleRound1.png

Brown circles are big trees, lighter green area is light undergrowth, every square with light undergrowth also has a normal tree (beyond the letters/numbers is unmapped, treat it as the edge, if you try to go off it, I'll expand the map).

What trees/undergrowth does is found here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm#forestTerrain

Initiative Order (thanks to Morcleon):
Khodzla (OhMyGodImOnFire): 24
Aetril (razorback): 23
Cannith (Ithandor): 22
Piroda (Seer_of_Heart): 20
Telarys (Morcleon): 17
Shen (J-H): 16
Katie (Lix Lorn): 16
Reza (Swami Monsoon): 16
Kamynar (supernerd): 13
Dog-things: 8

I'm accepting the method she used as the one to be used, excepts instead of standard modifier, just roll off, 1d20, whoever rolls higher goes before the others. That doesn't really matter so much here, if the battle has enemies going almost the same time as you, then it might matter more.

Round 1

supernerd
2013-02-04, 10:35 PM
Kamynar looks into the forest and then to the Faerie, "looks like we're on the same side for once. Fromwhat I remember that should be a good thing."

It was strange having the only ones he knew be a faerie he's crossed paths with from opposite sides and his comrades. But now was not the time for mulling over feelings. He drew upon his Psionic energy from deep inside him and fired off a round of mind arrows watching as he began to shoot from the trees.

Shooting at Dog 4, then 1, then 2 until dead.
General Buffs: +2 general damage
To Hit:
[roll0]

Lucky if miss:
[roll1]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll2]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll3]

Lucky if miss:
[roll4]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll5]

To Hit:
[roll6]

Lucky if miss:
[roll7]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll8]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll9]

Lucky if miss:
[roll10]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll11]

To Hit:
[roll12]

Lucky if miss:
[roll13]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll14]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll15]

Lucky if miss:
[roll16]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll17]

To Hit:
[roll18]

Lucky if miss:
[roll19]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll20]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll21]

Lucky if miss:
[roll22]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll23]

To Hit:
[roll24]

Lucky if miss:
[roll25]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll26]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll27]

Lucky if miss:
[roll28]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll29]

J-H
2013-02-04, 10:53 PM
Shen goes invisible and moves to J29.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-04, 11:18 PM
Well, this has officially turned to sh*t...

Reza chants several harsh syllables and points at one of the closest beasts. The ground in front of it suddenly turns into bubbling lava... and then the molten rock swells up, assuming a vaguely humanoid shape. The animated magma clutches at the doglike creature...

Casts Summon Nature's Ally V... a Large Fire Elemental (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm)... near Dog 5, trying to position it so Khodzla gets flanking.

Elemental full attacks
[roll]1d20+10/roll]
[roll]1d20+10/roll]

Damage
[roll0] + [roll1]
[roll2] + [roll3]

Target: DC 17 reflex save or catch on fire if hit (or if hitting with unarmed attack)

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-04, 11:19 PM
Redoing attack rolls (typo in previous post):

[roll0]
[roll1]

Casting it is a full round action but it "acts immediately" when summoned, so I'm not sure if those attacks will happen this round or next.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-05, 12:02 AM
Khodzla gleefully sets upon the wolf nearest him, tearing into it with his storm of limbs. He tastes the soul of the creature as it flows into him - smoky, woody - and he feels all the stronger because of it. Despite the maw that was now his mouth, he cracks a smile.

Full Round Attacks on Dog 5 (Inhuman Reach gives him 10 ft. range):

Unarmed Strikes x2:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Girallon Arms x4:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Claws of the Beast x2:
[roll6]
[roll7]

Bite of the Wolf:
[roll8]

Tail of the Dragon:
[roll9]

Tentacles x2:
[roll10]
[roll11]

Let me know which ones hit, then I will roll for damage. Also, every hit results in one negative level, and if I hit with ANY of them I gain a +4 enhancement bonus to STR for 24 hours.

Oh, and also... at what point do I make grapple checks? I can't quite remember this part.

razorback
2013-02-05, 12:53 AM
Seeing the large beast about to pounce and these newfound 'companions' responding, Aetril realizes that his best bet is to unleash on these creatures.
He moves forward through the under growth and in a position to keep the beasts from moving into the circle.
"Don't let them in, fools, or they shall tear us apart from within and without!' he yells.

Aetril
AC ~23; Current ~ 23
HP ~ 85; Current ~85

Free action

Swift action

Move action
Move to M-21 and attack dog 9

Standard action
Shadow Blade Technique
[roll0]
[roll1]

Crit conf - 17
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3] dagger + [roll4] Mountain Hammer
maybe +[roll5] depending on attack rolls for SBT

Effects~
Stance - Child of Shadows - gains concealment

Ithandor
2013-02-05, 03:59 AM
Cannith

The massive dog-like creatures, sensing that the trap was sprung, close in on the group, and the fighting finally erupts. Safety in numbers for the moment Cannith muses from his hiding spot, readying his glaive. The nearby dagger-wielding human moved to engage one of the hounds. An ample distraction. Cannith focuses, then steps through the shadows once, twice, a flurry of blows striking the beast from behind.

Free Action: Assign my Dodge bonus to Dog 9

Standard Action: Shadow Jaunt to Q24, triggering Shadow Pounce
To hit (incl +2 for flanking, vs flat-footed AC):
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage:
1: [roll2] + [roll3]
2: [roll4] + [roll5]

Move Action: Blink Shirt to P25, triggering Shadow Pounce
To hit (incl +2 for flanking, vs flat-footed AC):
[roll6]
[roll7]
Damage:
1: [roll8] + [roll9]
2: [roll10] + [roll11]

Morcleon
2013-02-05, 10:30 AM
"Hm. Indeed we are, Kamynar. Perhaps some good will come this after all..."

Pointing at one of those that his companions had already attacked, Telarys launches a bolt of crystalline ice at it. And then, narrowly flying past a tree, he swoops beneath another one and slashes at it with a blade of the same deep blue.

Standard: Eldritch blast (hellrime blast) targeting Dog 5. DC 25 Fort or take -4 to Dex.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Miss chance (01-20 misses): [roll2]

Move: Fly to G12.

Swift: Eldritch glaive (hellrime blast). DC 25 Fort or take -4 to Dex.
Melee touch attack 1: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Miss chance (01-20 misses): [roll5]

Melee touch attack 1: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Miss chance (01-20 misses): [roll8]

Lix Lorn
2013-02-05, 11:39 AM
Panicking, Katie shuts her eyes-and with a burst of blue radiance, her form is sheathed in scaled armour of blue and gold.

Full round action to summon my costume.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-05, 05:52 PM
Lets go! Tendrils of water and plant bind my enemies!

I cast kelpstrand for 3 grapple checks at a +20 bonus. I do 2 on dog 3 and 1 on dog 2. Then my AC moves up to dog 3 and attacks with a

ranged touch attacks (if I fail to hit touch ac on dog 3 then dog 2 gets all 3 strands and visa versa)
dog 3
[roll0]
dog 2
[roll1]

dog 3
[roll2]
[roll3]

dog 2
[roll4]

Animal companion attack
[roll5]

damage
[roll6]+ [roll7] acid

rweird
2013-02-05, 08:07 PM
Dog 3's opposed grapple to escape, if it fails, it stays where it is: [roll0]

Eldritch energy arcs, arrows fly, blows are traded. Several of the beasts seem wounded, as Kamynar's arrows slay two, one already wounded by the fey's glaive. The beasts respond quickly, darting forwards, walking on air as easily as the ground, snapping and biting, before many of them dart out of reach.

Attacks (you can read any of the spoilers, they just are so people won't be super confused):
Cannith & Aetril:
The beast you slashed (Dog 9) snarls angrily and leaps impossibly high into the air, biting at both of you, before hovering in the treetops.

This attack is targeting both of you, same roll to hit, same damage, this doesn't provoke AoO from either of you.

Bite: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If your hit, it makes a trip attack as a free action (no reaction or AoO).

Trip Attempt on Cannith: [roll3]
Trip Attempt on Aetril: [roll4]

Khodzla & Katie:
A beast (Dog 7) dashes out of the undergrowth, rising above your heads, and biting at you, trying to push you over backwards, before turning, hovering above undergrowth on the other side of the clearing.

This attack is targeting both of you, same roll to hit, same damage, this doesn't provoke AoO from either of you.

Bite: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Trip Attempt on Khodzla: [roll7]
Trip Attempt on Katie: [roll8]

Reza:
Dog 8 leaps into the air, over your head, biting at you and your stag, beffore dashing higher into the air, hovering in the treetops.

This attack is targeting both you and your stag, same roll to hit, same damage, this doesn't provoke AoO from either of you.

Bite: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

Trip Attempt on Reza: [roll11]
Trip Attempt on Stag (I think its Str 22 and large sized, meaning it has +10 on its defense): [roll12]

I think you'll also need a ride check to stay mounted.

Telarys:
Dog 1 runs through the trees, walking over the brush, biting at you, before landing in the undergrowth.

Bite: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]

Trip Attempt: [roll15]

Reza & Khodzla:
Dog 5 leaps over Khodzla, biting him, and trying to push him over backwards before doing the same to Reza, and landing mid-air, snarling.

Bite: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]

Trip Attempt on Khodzla: [roll18]
Trip Attempt on Reza: [roll19]

Khodzla:
Dog 6 darts towards you, biting.

Bite: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]
Trip Attempt (as before): [roll22]

If you have multiple spoilers, resolve them top down in case of being prone for some attacks.

Map:
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j460/reweird/Stranded%20Far%20from%20Home/YethHoundBattleRound2.png

Round 2

supernerd
2013-02-05, 08:53 PM
Kamynar looks to his newfound allies, some of them knocked to the ground by the flying giant wolves. He then proceeds to continue sending out arrows.

General Buffs: +2 damage
Rolling for miss chance OOC again when I know which ones will need to be rolled.
After the others resolve, I am firing at 7, 8, 1, then 5To Hit:
[roll0]

Lucky if miss:
[roll1]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll2]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll3]

Lucky if miss:
[roll4]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll5]

To Hit:
[roll6]

Lucky if miss:
[roll7]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll8]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll9]

Lucky if miss:
[roll10]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll11]

To Hit:
[roll12]

Lucky if miss:
[roll13]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll14]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll15]

Lucky if miss:
[roll16]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll17]

To Hit:
[roll18]

Lucky if miss:
[roll19]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll20]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll21]

Lucky if miss:
[roll22]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll23]

To Hit:
[roll24]

Lucky if miss:
[roll25]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll26]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll27]

Lucky if miss:
[roll28]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll29]

J-H
2013-02-05, 09:14 PM
Shen sucks in a deep breath and becomes visible as he stretches his hands out and sprays a cone of acid towards the flying dogs.

I'll take a couple of steps to J27 to clear up LOS for this round and next. Hitting dogs 5 and 9. The dogs are both flying, so I can aim the breath over the party members that are in the area.

Dog 5 Acid breath [roll0] Reflex DC 21 for half
Dog 9 Acid breath [roll1] Reflex DC 21 for half

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-05, 10:02 PM
Reza is nearly sandwiched between two of the beasts and knocked sprawling from the saddle. He scrambles to his feet and barks out orders to Raksh and the fire elemental... They both lunge at the nearest wolf-thing...

Only then Reza notices that one of his arms is now bent at an unnatural angle. He speaks a word of power as he literally wrenches it back into shape...

Literally no chance of winning that trip roll (at +3 bonus).
(So I assume I'm dismounted)
Mount's check [roll0]

Successful trip means second attack hits as well. (Total of 42 points of damage)

Move action: stand up
Free actions: activate Boots of Levitation (command word), order elemental and stag to attack Dog 6
Standard action: Cast Cure Critical Wounds on self
(Doesn't look like any dog is currently close enough to AoO)

Elemental attacks (from previous post)
(1d20+10)[17]
(1d20+10)[21]
Concealment
[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage (from previous post)
(2d6+2)[6] + (2d6)[8]
(2d6+2)[9] + (2d6)[11]

Stag attacks
[roll3]
Concealment
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Cure critical [roll6]

HP:
Reza 71/85
Stag 77/95

Ithandor
2013-02-06, 04:59 AM
Cannith

Swinging through the undergrowth, the beast proved harder to strike decisively at than Cannith expected. It lashed out in response to being attacked, vicious bites tearing at Cannith and his erstwhile companion as it soared into the air. Moving quickly, Cannith attempted to parry the blow. Nine Hells these things are fast! Better try to level the field.

Immediate Action from previous turn:
Wall of Blades to attempt to parry the attack [roll0]

Standard Action:
Cast Haste, targeting myself, Aetril, Reza's Stag and Reza's Fire Elemental [duration 4 rounds]

Swift Action:
Refresh Maneuvers

Move Action:
Blink Shirt to P17, triggering Shadow Pounce
To hit Dog 6:
1: [roll1]
2: [roll2]
3: [roll3]

Miss Chance (1-20 misses, reroll from Blind-fight):
1: [roll4]; reroll if failed [roll5]
2: [roll6]; reroll if failed [roll7]
3: [roll8]; reroll if failed [roll9]

Damage:
1. [roll10]
2. [roll11]
3. [roll12]

Free action:
5ft step to Q17

Swami Monsoon & razorback:

Reza's Stag, Reza's Fire Elemental and Aetril are now under the effects of Haste [duration 4 rounds]

Lix Lorn
2013-02-06, 07:06 AM
Oh god dammit. X_x
[roll0]
oh ffs this was meant to be ooc.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-06, 01:45 PM
45 Damage Taken. 34 HP remaining.

The creature that Khodzla had attacked retaliates, bypassing his defenses with unnatural grace, and clamping its powerful jaws down on his shoulder. It charges him, bowls him over, and proceeds further into the woods to face his allies. Luckily, as he falls, a second wolf bounds over him, a sharp snap of its jaw just barely missing where his head had been moments before. Khodzla howls in pain, but it's not over. A third dog pounces on him, taking a bite out of his leg as he lay prone. Furious, he kicks it off. As he regains his wind, Khodzla stands back up, using what little window of opportunity he has to attack the wolf, his strength fueled by desperation and the soul of the previous wolf.

Standard attack on Dog 6 (touch attack due to ghost shroud):

Unarmed Strikes:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Miss Chance:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

I am still fairly new to D&D so please forgive and correct any mistakes I make in combat.

EDIT: Rest of the attacks rolled in OoC.

Morcleon
2013-02-06, 03:55 PM
Wincing at the bite, Telarys finds himself flipped through the air, falling into the undergrowth. He glares at the upside down (to him) dog and stabs at it twice with a blade of blue ice.

Full-round: Eldritch Glaive (hellrime blast). Target Dog 1. DC 25 Fort save or take -4 to Dex.
Melee touch attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Melee touch attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

HP: 51/61

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-06, 04:25 PM
Imbuing some of the power of nature into fluffy's attacks Piroda concentrates as she casts.

Concentration, I assume a DC 21 to not lose the spell
[roll0]
if the spell gets lost then subtract 1 from damage and attack rolls

Fluffy's full attack(can my animal companion get iterative attacks since there is only a bite natural attack, that wouldn't be too powerful(if not then just disregard the second))
miss chance
[roll1]
[roll2]
miss rerolls
[roll3]
[roll4]

To hit
[roll5]
[roll6] AHH FLUP Subtract 5 from this roll, I forgot iteratives go 6/1 not 6/6

Damage
[roll7]+[roll8] from acid
[roll9]+[roll10] from acid

razorback
2013-02-07, 08:40 AM
Aetril feels the sting of the blow from the large, canine-like creature as he falls backwards and the creature rises out of his range.
Snarling, he flips to his feet.
"Foolish creature, I shall flay you" he yells as he realizes it is out of his reach. Knowing that the survival of all of these strangers lies in beating back these beast, he looks around and sees the unarmed humanoid, he moves to flank the beast before it takes him out.

Aetril
AC ~23; Current ~ 24
HP ~ 85; Current ~68

Free action
talkie-talk

Swift action
Changing stance to Assassin's Stance

Move action
Stand up

Standard action
Move to O-17

Effects~
Haste (1/4) - +30ft movement, +1 attack, +1 dodge, +1 reflex

Lix Lorn
2013-02-08, 04:44 PM
Katie pulls herself awkwardly to her feet, expulsing the light within her as a radiant burst of protective magic, creating hovering motes of light that ward away attacks on her and her erstwhile allies, before projecting a leaping jet of energy that bursts with a dazzling power on one of the dogs.

10m on Guardian Motes to form dancing lights, and follow it with Radiant Cascade.

Myself and any ally within 20ft get +5 AC.
Ranged touch attack with 60ft range, on nearest target.
[roll0]
[roll1] damage

rweird
2013-02-08, 06:21 PM
OoC: Sorry for not giving as detailed a description last round, all the trouble making the map rushed me.

Dog 5 falls from the acid, combined with the energy drain it suffered, it succumbs to its wounds and falls. The other partially evades it in the treetops above.

Arrows fly into Dog 7's flank, and he falls, seared by fire, burnt by acid, falling in a crumpled heap.

Cannith's Glaive strikes, though the creature's skin sparks and it seems that the strikes barely hurt it.

The stag strikes true, though finds its blow lessened, as Cannith's was.

As Khodzla climbs to his feet, the dog snaps at him again (AoO), before sinking into the bushes and causing Khodzla's fist to hit merely air.

AoO, bite attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Telarys hits with the first strike, icy crystals forming and inhibiting his foes movement, though the second strikes only brush. The dog growls angrily.

Fluffy strikes the grappled beast, though like the stage and Cannith's glaive, the strike seems to leave little more than scratches, and a small acid burn.

Katie strikes Dog 1's flank with a bolt of energy, causing it to turn, seeing the new threat.

Shen: Dog 9 dives at you, biting, trying to bring you to the ground.
Bite: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Miss Chance (1-20): [roll4]

Everyone: Dog 3 Howls in frustration, the sound unearthly and unnerving, making you want to get out of there.
Everyone, make a DC 14 will save or be Panicked (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#panicked) for [roll5] rounds.

Aetril and Cannith: Dog 6 growls and leaps into the air, biting both of you before stopping in the treetops, much as what happened to you previously.
This is targeting both of you, same attack, same damage, as before.
Bite: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Miss Chance (1-20):
Aetril: [roll8]
Cannith: [roll9]

If hits, trip attempt (no AoO or reaction):
Aetril: [roll10]
Cannith: [roll11]

Katie and Desnin: Dog 8 growls and dives at you two, slashing with its teeth, trying to throw you to the ground.
This is targeting both of you, same attack, same damage, as before.
Bite: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

If hits, trip attempt (no AoO or reaction):
Katie: [roll14]
Desnin: [roll15]

Telarys: The dog looms over you, biting once again.
Bite: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]

Miss Chance (1-20): [roll18]

Map:
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j460/reweird/Stranded%20Far%20from%20Home/YethHoundBattleRound3.png

Round 3

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-08, 06:35 PM
I'll hold them down to help finish them off

will save, :D There is almost no chance of failure
[roll0]

I cast kelpstrand again dc22 concentration
[roll1]

Opposed grapple from the last kelpstrand
[roll2]

Ranged touch attacks for the new ones on dogs 9 and 1
[roll3]
[roll4]

2 strands on dog 9, 1 on dog 1
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Fluffy's attack
[roll8]
damage
[roll9]+[roll10]
miss chances
mine
[roll11]
[roll12]
fluffy
[roll13]

rerolls
[roll14]
fluffy
[roll15]

edit: wrong dog # entered

J-H
2013-02-08, 07:10 PM
Shen twists on the ground and lashes out furiously, his arms moving in a blur highlighted by the glow of his dagger.

Full attack: 3 attacks with the dagger, and 1 with my off hand (claws), all at a -4 penalty from being prone.
Dagger 1 attack [roll0]
Dagger 1 damage [roll1]+3+[roll2]elec+[roll3]cold+[roll4]acid = 14 total
Dagger 2 attack [roll5]
Dagger 2 damage [roll6]+3+[roll7]elec+[roll8]cold+[roll9]acid = 18 total
Dagger 3 attack [roll10]
Dagger 3 damage [roll11]+3+[roll12]elec+[roll13]cold+[roll14]acid
Claw attack [roll15] (-5 secondary attack, -4 prone)
Claw damage [roll16] + [roll17] acid;
If claw hits, DC 21 fort save or [roll18] con damage, followed by [roll19] con damage a minute later unless it makes the second save.

Crit confirmation d20s [roll20],[roll21] if needed.

supernerd
2013-02-08, 07:27 PM
Kamynar deftly dodged the strike of the Dog, knocking into his floating shield and glancing off his armor. He then unleashed another volley into the air.

General Buffs: +2 Damage:
Okay targeting same method: 8, 6, 1
Miss chance OOC
To Hit:
[roll0]

Lucky if miss:
[roll1]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll2]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll3]

Lucky if miss:
[roll4]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll5]

To Hit:
[roll6]

Lucky if miss:
[roll7]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll8]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll9]

Lucky if miss:
[roll10]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll11]

To Hit:
[roll12]

Lucky if miss:
[roll13]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll14]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll15]

Lucky if miss:
[roll16]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll17]

To Hit:
[roll18]

Lucky if miss:
[roll19]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll20]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll21]

Lucky if miss:
[roll22]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll23]

To Hit:
[roll24]

Lucky if miss:
[roll25]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll26]

Splitting Companion:
To Hit:
[roll27]

Lucky if miss:
[roll28]

Damage:
Phys/Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid
[roll29]

Lix Lorn
2013-02-08, 07:32 PM
Katie's hand goes to the trinket about her neck, and her eyes close as the motes around her and her allies glimmer once more, and then she tears the trinket from its chain. The silver links dissolve into light, and Katie thrusts her arm out. A great shield forms upon it, and in an instant her other hand is filled with a beautiful spear of blue and silver. Rearing high, the steed looks completely changed as her spear lashes out for the dog.

Swift action to renew the +5 AC boost to me and allies within 20ft. I grant +4 Shield AC to adjacent allies.

I use a move action to draw my weapon/shield, and a standard to use Radiant Spear.
[roll0]
[roll1] miss chance

[roll2]
[roll3]

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-08, 07:36 PM
Reza watches his elemental suddenly lose coherence and vanish, sizzling, back into the earth... "F%$@k!" The dog thing perches in the treetop, seeming to leer down at him. "Let's see you dodge THIS!" He barks out another expletive, this one in an inhuman tongue...

A massive volcanic bomb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_bomb) plummets from the sky, trailing a comet tail of smoke and glowing ash. It strikes the creature and shatters in a spray of red-hot lava.

Reza hovers just above the undergrowth as he calls out an order to Raksh. The great ibex charges at the nearest monster in reach...

Will save [roll0]

Flamestrike @ Dog 6 (targeted so that it's at the base and as little foliage as possible is ignited) [roll1]

Stag attacks Dog 1
Concealment [roll2]
Hit [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Levitate 10' up.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-08, 09:09 PM
Khodzla parries the wolf's snap as he stands up, his tentacle swatting away its jaw like an annoying fly. Still groggy from his fall though, by the time his blows land, the wolf had disappeared to engage the others. Growling in frustration, Khodzla whirls around, searching for another target. Not far from him, he spots his Petal friend, Telarys, engaged in combat with one of the large creatures.

Baring his fangs, Khodzla steps closer, and with his extended limbs, slams them full-force into the side of the creature, tearing into it.

Swift Action:

5-foot step to K-15

Full Round Attack:

Unarmed Strikes:

Attack Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage Rolls:

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Miss Chance:

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Girallon Arms:

Attack Rolls:
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Damage Rolls:
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Miss Chance:
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

Claws of the Beast:

Attack Rolls:
[roll21]
[roll22]

Damage Rolls:

[roll23]
[roll24]

Miss Chance:
[roll25]

Bite of the Wolf:

Attack Rolls:
[roll26]

Damage Rolls:
[roll27]

Miss Chance:
[roll28]

Tail of the Dragon:

Attack Rolls:
[roll29]

Damage Rolls:
[roll30]

Miss Chance:
[roll31]

Tentacles:

Attack Rolls:
[roll32]
[roll33]

Damage Rolls:
[roll34]
[roll35]

Miss Chance:
[roll36]
[roll37]

Morcleon
2013-02-09, 01:51 AM
Telarys grits his teeth and glares at the dog as it strikes down again. Reforming his blades, two cuts shoot upwards at the strange canine.

"Gah... just die already!"

Full-round: Eldritch Glaive (hellrime blast). Target Dog 1. DC 25 Fort save or take -4 to Dex.
Melee touch attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Miss chance 1 (01-20): [roll2]

Melee touch attack 2: (1d20+10)[11](21) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14679546#post14679546)
Damage 2: [roll3]
Miss chance 2 (01-20): [roll4]

HP: 38/61

Ithandor
2013-02-09, 04:17 AM
Cannith

Again, Cannith's feet are whipped out from under him as his target leaps into the air. Before he even hit the ground, Cannith moves through the void, seeking another target.

Free Action: Assign Dodge bonus to Dog 1

Standard Action: Shadow Jaunt to F13, triggering Shadow Pounce
To hit:
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3: [roll2]

Miss Chance (1-20), reroll due to Blind-fight:
1:[roll3]; reroll if failed [roll4]
2:[roll5]; reroll if failed [roll6]
3:[roll7]; reroll if failed [roll8]

Damage:
1: [roll9]
2: [roll10]
3: [roll11]

Move Action: Blink Shirt to C16, hiding as part of the move action
Hide & Move Silently, including penalty for terrain:
Hide:[roll12]
Move Silently:[roll13]

razorback
2013-02-09, 09:47 AM
Aetril moves nearer to some of the others after seeing the one nearest him disappear.

"Keep in a tight group otherwise they will move to single one out of our... pack, picking us off one by one!"

Aetril
AC ~23; Current ~ 24
HP ~ 85; Current ~68

Free action
talkie-talk

Swift action

Move action
Move to L-21

Standard action
Ready an action to attack first dog that comes into reach

Effects~
Haste (2/4) - +30ft movement, +1 attack, +1 dodge, +1 reflex
+4 to saves Cannith's Bolstering Voice

rweird
2013-02-10, 11:03 AM
Arrows strike Dog 8, slaying it, as Khodzla lashes out furiously, draining Dog 1's life-force away, leaving it a husk. Fire sears Dog 6 in the trees and it falls, dead and smoldering.

Dog 9, hurt by the elements of Shen's dagger, leaps over Shen and away (withdraw, running in the direction you planned on running). The remaining dog struggles in its bonds.

Opposed Grapple: [roll0], if it succeeds, it'll bolt away.

J-H
2013-02-10, 01:49 PM
Shen stands back up, grabbing a nearby tree branch to lift himself over the underbrush to see better. "Well, it looks like they aren't going to try to eat us any more..."

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-10, 02:00 PM
Growling in satisfaction, Khodzla licks his pointed teeth, savoring the flavor of the lifeless wolf. He kicks the husk for good measure, then turns to see one of his impromptu teammates in the midst of holding down one of the creatures. Smiling, Khodzla runs for them, readying his limbs to give a helping hand. Yes, a "helping hand", he thinks, smirking.

Combat is basically over, but just in case, Khodzla moves to E-21.

supernerd
2013-02-10, 04:14 PM
Kamynar looked to the battlefield, Hustling over until he was adjacent to the dog, "Who are you?" he said in the few tongues he knew, aware it would probably not make a difference. He then used his healing belt to close the Creature's wounds

Healing belt Charges 5-0=5/5 (at will due to DMG creation rules)
[roll0]
If he breaks free, then he only has one move action and I gun him down with blunted(nonlethal) arrows if he can move less than 14 squares in a single move action. And I'll break out my trig if I have to.

Ithandor
2013-02-10, 06:55 PM
Cannith

Cannith materialises in the clearing, close to Katie, seeing that the fighting was for the most part finished. "Well, that was a fairly boisterous welcome. I wonder if all of the locals are as friendly."

Actions, if necessary:
Free action: Talk
Move Action: Blink Shirt to H17
Standard Action: Scan the surroundings for anyone watching us
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

rweird
2013-02-10, 07:07 PM
Cannith:
You hear shrieks of a battle above you, though you see nothing excepts for the signs of the battle that just took place (blood, acid burns, smoke from flames, corpses, etc). You also hear a crash in the distance, as if something fell from the trees.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-10, 07:37 PM
"Is everybody all right? Is anyone hurt? I can heal wounds... Are there any other healers here?"

Checking on the other members of the group. There are other sources of healing in the party, but I wouldn't know that yet.

rweird
2013-02-10, 07:46 PM
The dog breaks out of its bonds and darts away from you, into the trees, with great agility.

It moves 80 ft. away, has cover from big trees, and a 20% miss chance. Do you pursue or anything?

Lix Lorn
2013-02-10, 08:17 PM
"Oh, um. I can heal, a little." pipes up Katie, seeming to have returned to the shy form she had before, despite still wearing the regalia of a knight.

Morcleon
2013-02-10, 08:45 PM
Clambering to his feet and taking to the air, Telarys wipes a small trickle of blood from the side of his mouth. Glancing over at Cannith, he mutters amusedly, "Bet they don't get much money from tourism, though."

"'A little,' she says," chuckles the faerie. He gives Katie a grin and shakes his head slightly. "Katie, you could heal an army from the brink of death given enough time…"

Lix Lorn
2013-02-10, 09:17 PM
She blushes. "I... I wouldn't go that far..."

Morcleon
2013-02-10, 09:47 PM
"Well, it's true," shrugs Telarys. He flies over and settles down on her shoulder. "You have a wonderful gift of light, but you limit yourself. I suppose I can't force you to realize your potential; that's something only you can do."

He coughs again, another few drops of silvery blood landing on his hands. A bemused smile. "So, um, about that healing...?"

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-10, 09:53 PM
Khodzla chuckles. "No need for humility," he says, "I may not have known you for long, but I have seen you at work. It is quite... impressive to behold." Wincing at the bites on his body, he adds, "Something that I would really like to behold right about now."

Lix Lorn
2013-02-10, 10:10 PM
She blushes, stands between them, and takes a deep breath. As she realises it, her skin glows white, and a pulse of cool energy radiates from her, soothing pain and healing wounds.

4d6 each for anyone within 10ft of me, inc. me. I'll only roll mine, in future I can roll yours if you like. Anyone affected by this can't be affected again for one minute.
[roll0]

supernerd
2013-02-10, 10:13 PM
Kamynar didn't have a chance to reach the poor creature before it ran off. He sighed, "Well I've got some healing in the runes on these belt, they recharge each day so it's not like I shouldn't use them. Unless you've got something a little more practical or less wasteful. I'm glad I was able to deflect the one blow that could have hit me, so I won't be using up resources."

yeah, mechanics of the At Will part are currently under discussion. When we decide what positive energy goes where, I'll factor my rolls in.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-10, 10:21 PM
Khodzla closes his eyes, and lets the waves of healing wash over him.

Heal for [roll0] points.

He sighs in relief as the wounds on his shoulder and leg begin to close. When the healing ends, some of the wounds are still fresh and open, but at the very least, the bleeding has stopped, and the spots where the teeth punctured his flesh throb only a dull pain now. He turns and gives Katie a bow, his limbs splayed out in an elaborate display of gratitude and appreciation.

J-H
2013-02-10, 10:45 PM
Shen walks up a few seconds later without a scratch on him. "I'm fine.

They were herding us, so we can either try to trip whatever their ambush was... or we can head towards the battle we heard earlier to see what it was."

Was the gap in the wolf ring in the direction that the fliers we saw earlier were headed?

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-10, 11:05 PM
As he felt his wounds begin to close, Reza decides not to expend any more of his precious healing magic. He recalled something one of his instructors had told him long ago... We use magic... the Veilfolk are magic...

These people were awesomely powerful, as frightening in their own way as the monsters they'd just fought. At least they were on his side for now...

Healed for [roll0]
I'm going to assume we're holding here until our health is topped off, so taking no other actions...
(Resubmitted this post because previewing broke the roller.)

Morcleon
2013-02-10, 11:08 PM
Breathing a sigh of contentment and relief, Telarys lets the wave of light pass over him, and closes his eyes. A few seconds later, he blinks and gives Katie a quick hug. "Wonderful as always, Katie. I'll would enjoy another burst later, if you can."

He lifts off and hovers in the air, looking around. "The battle is likely the more important path. It will give us a sense of what is actually going on here."

Healing: [roll0]

HP: 55/61

Ithandor
2013-02-11, 03:56 AM
Cannith

Gesturing, Cannith says "Something fell into the trees, over in that direction. I think we should take a moment to collect ourselves. Although, I doubt anywhere here is particularly safe at the moment." The offhanded tone of his voice indicates he isn't particularly worried about this fact.

Assuming I could discern the direction I heard that crash from, I'll point that way.

Healing received from Katie: [roll0]

razorback
2013-02-11, 08:21 AM
Switching to Hunter's Sense and recovering maneuver.

Aetril walks to one of the fallen creatures and sniffs it, the beasts musky smell filling his nostrils.

Kn:Nature?
[roll0]

"I agree" he says in a deep, guttural voice. "They seemed to be herding us somewhere for reason. Now, do we move to somewhere 'safe'... which I doubt is to be had, or do we find out what we were being baited into?"

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-11, 12:23 PM
"...what are these things?"

Knowledge Nature [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana [roll1]
Knowledge Religion [roll2]
Knowledge Dungeon. [roll3]

Lix Lorn
2013-02-11, 04:42 PM
Breathing a sigh of contentment and relief, Telarys lets the wave of light pass over him, and closes his eyes. A few seconds later, he blinks and gives Katie a quick hug. "Wonderful as always, Katie. I'll would enjoy another burst later, if you can."

He lifts off and hovers in the air, looking around. "The battle is likely the more important path. It will give us a sense of what is actually going on here."

Healing: [roll0]

HP: 55/61
She nods obediently, blushing at the hug, and will do so again about a minute later.

She'll use it pretty much once a minute until everyone looks okay or something happens.

Morcleon
2013-02-11, 04:53 PM
"That's a good point; these dogs were definitely strange..." He murmurs, smiling at the new wash of light.

Yay, moar healing!:smallsmile:

Knowledge:
Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
Planes: [roll2]

Healing: [roll3]

HP: 61/61

rweird
2013-02-11, 05:18 PM
Before the minute is up, something happens. Some of the creatures that flew by earlier fly back over the clearing, seeming to be in full retreat. Moments thereafter, a warrior on a griffon, leading some half-dozen hippogriffs riden by others soars over the clearing, chasing them further away, before turning off, as a massive iron disc flies into view, arrows flying from it. Hovering over the center of the clearing, it stops, the Hippogriffs and Griffins circling.

Listen DC 15:
You hear yelling, as if orders are being given.

Listen DC 25:
You can make out what is being said (in common).

"They're fleeing"
"Resume course! Do not pursue. That howl was a Skyrunner, they'll probably try to draw us into a trap."
"Hold. What are those down in there?"
"No idea, any ground activity in this area?"
"Not by us sir."
"We should check it out."
"Seems like a trap, wide enough to get down, to thin and steep to easily get out, I'd be more are hiding in the trees, waiting for us to descend."
"Probably, stay level, though we should try to figure out more about this."
"Patrol perimeter. Make sure they won't come back. Alert us if anything wants to snack on us."
"Yes sir."

J-H
2013-02-11, 06:42 PM
Shen goes invisible (again).
Listen [roll0]
"I don't know what that is but I'd rather be able to defend myself... we should move towards the trees. They know we are here."

Ithandor
2013-02-11, 06:58 PM
Cannith

Cannith stares at the flying disc for a moment. Then, he calmy reaches to his belt and presses one of the small rubies inlaid. "I feel like expressing incredulity at the unfamiliar will get old fast here.... but there's something you don't see every day."

Uses one charge of my Belt of Healing:
[roll0]

Morcleon
2013-02-11, 07:01 PM
Telarys quirks an eyebrow at the flying saucer. "...huh. Isn't that a sight... I agree. We need to get into cover."

He gestures over to the forest, and fades into invisibility.

rweird
2013-02-11, 07:46 PM
Listen DC 25:
"They're trying to hide, they mean to ambush us."
"None the less, we should hear there story, train weapons on them, be ready to attack on my command."

A spike comes out of the bottom of the disc, the riders pull out bows. The griffin rider yells down to you. "Who the hell are you? How did you get here? Why are you hiding?" His bow is wandering from one person to the next, looking for those that went invisible.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-11, 07:56 PM
Reza speaks up:

"We are travelers who have lost our way. Wandering into the middle of a battle was not part of our plan... We are only being cautious because we have already been attacked once today."

Diplomacy [roll0]

rweird
2013-02-11, 08:13 PM
"We do not mean you harm if that is true. We would appreciate it if you return the gesture, and show yourself." He relaxes the draw on his bow.

Morcleon
2013-02-11, 08:18 PM
Telarys narrows his eyes slightly, and fades back into view. "Well then. If you mean us no harm, I don't suppose you could inform as to the current situation and location?"

He remains tense and ready to evade! Yay, paranoia!

rweird
2013-02-11, 08:30 PM
"Well, your in a jungle, on one the most hostile known planes. I have no idea how you could get there, I know we couldn't. You're between our Command and the mountains, about halfway between. The tower is some forty miles 'north,' that is assuming the sun rises in the east and stets in the west in this blasted place. We'd offer to take you to command, but we have a mission, and landing would be to dangerous." He peers suspiciously into the trees, looking for something. He then notices the corpse of the dog-think. "How'd that Skyrunner die? You killed it?"

supernerd
2013-02-11, 09:05 PM
Kamynar looked to the mounted man, relaxing ever so slightly, still wondering if he had a game, "Well yeah, I mean, it attacked us first. They hit pretty hard, but thankfully so did we."

Sense Motive:
[roll0]

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-11, 09:52 PM
"Ah, so that's what they are called," Khodzla mutters, walking over to the corpse of the "Skyrunner" and kneeling beside it, "they were delicious." He wants to ask the riders if they could provide his group with proof of this encounter if and when they happen upon this "Command", but he knew that, of all the powers his limbs and grafts provided him, charm was not one of them. So instead, he stands and walks over to Telarys. "Ask them if and how they can guarantee that we won't be made pin cushions the minute we arrive at said post," he whispers.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-11, 10:22 PM
Ahn, fluffy down these people seem to be friendly. Piroda says as she walks towards them I don't suppose you people know what form of creature these are, I heard you call it a skyrunner. I know they're certainly not animals for sure.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-11, 10:42 PM
Katie goes close to her master, staying near him.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-11, 11:13 PM
Sense Motive [roll0]

Morcleon
2013-02-12, 12:20 AM
"Yeth hounds, we called them back in my world," replies the faerie to Piroda's question. "Nasty little buggers, rather annoying to kill."

Telarys gives Katie a reassuring smile before turning his head back up to face the fliers. "If taking us to Command would interfere too much with your plans, then it is not required. However, I would like to know if they would allow us in, or if we need any particular passcode or token to avoid being shot on sight."

Ithandor
2013-02-12, 04:02 AM
Cannith

Cannith lowers his glaive, returning it to his side in its role as a wicked-looking walking stick. He nods along, almost imperceptively, with Telarys's query, waiting til the fey was finished before adding "Also, if you could suggest a route of travel that would be easier than brute-forcing our way through jungle, that would be appreciated. Assuming of course that, were we able to get up to you without you having to land, you wouldn't take us aboard? In return for a lift and further information we could perhaps help out with this mission of yours?"

rweird:

An OOC query, but possibly IC either. I have Shadow Walk 1/day (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shadowWalk.htm) - does it require you to simply be on a plane neighbouring the Plane of Shadow? Or the Material Plane? I know you wanted to limit planar travel effects, but this is more similar to something like Teleport I guess.

Anyway, IC Spellcraft check for related knowledge:
[roll0]

rweird
2013-02-12, 07:07 AM
People who made sense motive:
You think what he said to you is true, though he still is wary, thinking this may be a trap.

"You fought one of those?" He looks more impressed and it seems his opinion of you went up. "Skyrunners, or 'Yeth Hounds' as you people call them are outsiders, though a researcher would know more about them than me. For bringing you, the problem is more landing, this still seems to much like an ambush, people appearing here, hell knows how, and being completely clueless makes me think other powers are at work.

"The clearing is too small to land in and be able to maneuver, and getting out would take to long if a fight started, and our mounts can't rise quickly. Lastly, on of the things up there could prepare an ambush for when we go up. It is too dangerous. If you could get up here somehow, though I don't fancy a dinosaur up here, we'd take you along, though it'd be around sunset by the time we get back. Our mission is just routine supply delivery.

"If you want to go through the jungle, I recommend you head for command, He gestures back the way they came, its the closest to a civilization in this place, or at least one that doesn't kill newcomers on sight. They'll hold there fire because you're new, they'd talk with you, and probably let you in. Say your the people we found on the CoMo-7 run, assuming you don't arrive before sunset. I'd recommend approaching in the day though, you never can trust what you see in the night."

Ithandor:
You just need to border the plane of shadow, though this plane has things that can mess with planar travel. You think that Shadow Walk will have restrictions on its use on this plane, along with other planar travel.

razorback
2013-02-12, 08:33 AM
Aetril stands stock still as the flying men talk with some of the others. As they finish up, he looks around gauging their reactions, unsure if he should move out on his own or keep with this 'pack' for both his protection and a possible return to his own world.
He keeps his dagger drawn and his sense keen as he waits to hear what the others have to say.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-12, 11:38 AM
Khodzla smiles, and flexes his wings. Taking a running start, he leaps into the air, gaining altitude with each beat of his grafts. By Ilsensine, it is good to fly again, he thinks, relishing in the winds that blew past him as he circled above the canopy. He would have said something about why he took off, but he did not feel obliged to explain his actions to these people, who, despite their fighting prowess, held no sway over him. None shall ever hold sway over me - I am my own master. Instead, he flies a little lower, and calls to the party below, "So many flightless unfortunates... who wishes to unchain themselves from the ground, if even for a moment?"

supernerd
2013-02-12, 01:31 PM
Kamynar, noticing one of Telarys' colleagues, the one who transforms, planned to look over the canopy, he realized that it would probably be beneficial to help, "Hey, take me! I'll be able to see most of everything, and if the Druid can come too, we can have two looks around!"

Spot from the Canopy when we get over the trees:
[roll0]

rweird
2013-02-12, 03:27 PM
As Khodzla starts to fly, the disc rises and moves so it is barely in sight, across the clearing from where it came. Two griffin riders (you only had seen one) circle above the clearing, trading bows for lances, while the hippogriffs fan out and are no longer in sight. Khodzla slowly gets higher, until he breaks the treeline.

Khodzla & Kamynar:
You clear the treeline, and see a breathtaking sight of the plane at large. A dozen hippogriffs circle around the clearing, some 200 ft. away, the griffins circle about 80 ft. away, some 150 ft above you is the disc, though none of this is impressive compared to the terrain.

To the east, is a line of mountains, stretching south, and meeting with mountains much further to the west. The area around you is all jungle, larger trees occasionally sticking higher up. To the north by what you estimate to be 40 miles, a tower rises out of the jungle, going over a thousand feet up, at the top, a silver and gold sphere circling it. To the northeast, far away is a massive castle floating in the clouds, though it is to far to make out anything else.

A massive brown draconic creature circles lazily some thousand feet away, its wingspan easily twice the disc's size, and six hundred-ish feet in the other direction, green, sleek, and equally massive. Neither seem to be paying you attention, for the moment. Other flying things move around further away, none seeming to mind any other, including the winged things you saw earlier, now at least half a mile off. You climb higher and approach the disc, the griffin riders rising, always staying a little above you.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-12, 04:16 PM
Give me a second, I'm coming too. Piroda says as she starts to transform into a dire eagle.

rweird
2013-02-12, 04:29 PM
Seer:
You clear the treeline, and see a breathtaking sight of the plane at large. A dozen hippogriffs circle around the clearing, some 200 ft. away, the griffins circle about 80 ft. away, rising with the others, some 150 ft above you is the disc, though none of this is impressive compared to the terrain.

To the east, is a line of mountains, stretching south, and meeting with mountains much further to the west. The area around you is all jungle, larger trees occasionally sticking higher up. To the north by what you estimate to be 40 miles, a tower rises out of the jungle, going over a thousand feet up, at the top, a silver and gold sphere circling it. To the northeast, far away is a massive castle floating in the clouds, though it is to far to make out anything else.

A massive brown draconic creature circles lazily some thousand feet away, its wingspan easily twice the disc's size, and six hundred-ish feet in the other direction, green, sleek, and equally massive. Neither seem to be paying you attention, for the moment. Other flying things move around further away, none seeming to mind any other, including the winged things you saw earlier, now at least half a mile off. Y

ou climb higher and approach the disc, the griffin riders eying you.

Khodzla, Piroda & Kamynar (Or DC 30 listen check if you aren't one of them):
The griffin rider that spoke before smiles and shouts "A shapeshifter. Well, come on board, or fly escort with the others. Not sure how to get your Dinosaur up here, and if we could trust it not to freak when it is off the ground."

Ithandor
2013-02-12, 06:42 PM
Cannith

Cannith looks around at those remaining on the ground. "I think our best bet is to go with the folks who know the lay of the land, over traipsing through this jungle. Anyone here unable to make their own way up?" He glances at Fluffy. "Aside from him..her...that."

J-H
2013-02-12, 07:17 PM
"I can't fly."

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-12, 07:23 PM
"I can manage," Reza says, "if that... boat... stays in one place."

To demonstrate, he rises and hovers about 10 feet above the ground.

Using Boots of Levitation

rweird
2013-02-12, 07:33 PM
"Once you get above the treeline, one of us could bring you to the... Disc." The other griffin rider shouts down to Reza (assuming you are trying to convey the message to them, if you aren't, ignore this post).

Lix Lorn
2013-02-12, 07:41 PM
"Um. I can't fly..."
Katie says shyly.

supernerd
2013-02-12, 10:19 PM
Kamynar hears the folk talking about what he can make out as lack of ability to fly, so he calls down in as big a voice as he can muster, "Hey, Telarys, don't you still have that pit thing you once trapped me in? That thing could carry them if you remembered the air."

Morcleon
2013-02-13, 02:07 AM
Glancing up at Kamynar, the faerie chuckles and smirks. "Oh, yes. That. As I recall, you didn't so much as get trapped as tripped in. But I do indeed still have it..."

Telarys flips what appears to be a small black cloth onto the ground. Upon impact, it quickly expands to form a large hole in the ground. The hole has a staircase leading down, and a lighting system of liquid sunlight reservoirs. "I've furnished up the place, so it's less of a trap and more of a tall room. We only need to get all of you up to the disc, so air won't be an issue."

Ithandor
2013-02-13, 06:49 AM
Cannith

Cannith shrugs. "Works for me." As he descends the stairs, he locates the darkest corner of the pit and settles in there. Was it wise, to let myself be potentially trapped like this? No sense turning down resources out of paranoia, he decided.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-13, 06:54 AM
Katie smiles at the idea, and trots down the stairs without a second thought, completely trusting.

supernerd
2013-02-13, 07:46 AM
Kamynar heard Telarys' banter coming back at him, and seeing Katie go in, he shouts down, "As I remember, you pushed me in! YOU HEAR THAT KATIE?! TELARYS PUSHED ME IN! LIKE A MEAN PERSON!"

Lix Lorn
2013-02-13, 07:54 AM
"I'm sure he had a good reason." she says brightly back.

razorback
2013-02-13, 08:09 AM
Aetril stands for a moment, trying to decide if this is a wise course of action.
Realizing he has little choice after a moment, he shrugs and shakes his head as he walks forward.
Looking at the tiny flying fey before him, he give a crooked grin before proceeding, saying "Hope you remember to take care of us if things go bad."

J-H
2013-02-13, 08:18 AM
Shen drops into the hole and looks around, finding a comfortable corner to wait in.

Morcleon
2013-02-13, 11:01 AM
Once everyone has entered the pit, Telarys floats down, muttering a single word. The pit closes, and he flies upward, to the hovering disk. "Don't even bother trying to turn her against me," he smirks. "She probably would do anything I asked her to..."

"It can be a touch exasperating at times, but she's really too cute to ignore." The faerie shrugs, and flies over to the rider. "Alright then. Mind if we join you on your disc?"

The ones inside the pit should find a well-lit room, furnished as a blend of living quarters for two and a storage facility. Lines of glowing light pulse across the sides of the chamber, creating an omnipresent illumination. All in all, it's quite a nice place.:smallsmile:

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-13, 11:12 AM
Khodzla circles above the this circus scene, chuckling to himself. Look at them, so trusting... it would just be so easy to lose the little piece of cloth and poof! Four perfectly competent adventurers of the multiverse, gone... He shakes his head, clearing it of the thoughts. Another time perhaps, another time. You need to find a way back to those accursed monks first. Instead, he slowly starts to climb toward the disc in the sky - whether it was to board, or to make the men with the flying horses uncomfortable, he could not say. Perhaps the little man in my grasp right now wouldn't like it too much either, he thought, a little too excitedly.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-13, 12:35 PM
"Alright then."

Reza drops back to the ground and dismisses Raksh with another note from his whistle. The great ibex becomes insubstantial and slowly fades from view.

He walks over to the corner of the clearing closest to the flying disc. He then slowly rises into the air, emerging above the forest canopy...

Dispel Phantom Stag
Use Boots of Levitation

rweird
2013-02-13, 05:41 PM
You all arrive on the Disc. For this I'm assuming Tel lets you all out of the pit before you suffocate. When you come out you see:

A dozen hippogriffs circle around the clearing, some 200 ft. away, the griffins circle about 80 ft. away, though none of this is impressive compared to the terrain.

A massive brown draconic creature circles lazily some thousand feet away, its wingspan easily twice the disc's size, and six hundred-ish feet in the other direction, green, sleek, and equally massive. Neither seem to be paying you attention, for the moment. Other flying things move around further away, none seeming to mind any other, including the winged things you saw earlier, now at least half a mile off.

The "Disc" is hardly a disc, though it has a rounded bottom, it has a flat top with railings on the edge. Crates with supplies are stacked on it. Some 20 men and women stand around, holding weapons. At the center stands a robed man, his face covered by a helmet made of crystal, forming a visor obscuring his face. With the nine of you, some half to sit on crates, and everyone gives fluffy a wide birth, hoping the dinosaur won't lash out. "Control your beast, and I recommend you hold on to something!" shouts a griffin rider as he flies past, the hippogriffs and griffins forming an escort, encircling the "Disc."

The robed figure shouts "Alright, resume course, combat escort formation, watch the jungle, skyrunners still might be about. Keep a lookout for the big things, stay at least four hundred feet from the Screecher. We have time to make up! Lets goooo!" The "Disc" surges forwards, towards the mountains at a rather high speed, though you can tell the mounts are faster. After a few minutes, people start to relax and talk.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-13, 07:21 PM
While the others sit, Khodzla instead drops Kamynar off, and proceeds to fly alongside the griffin riders, weaving amongst them while observing the way the griffins flapped their wings. Ever since he began to alter himself, Khodzla had gained a fascination with nonconventional limbs, beyond those of regular bipedal creatures. So bland, he thinks to himself, sparing a glance at the men who sat atop the majestic creatures. Eventually, he orients himself to fly alongside the rider who had spoken the orders. "Tell me, good man," he says, leaning himself over until he glides right beside the soldier's griffin, "what is this Screecher you speak of? Certainly seems to have all of you in a scare, if you have ordered such a wide berth to be given to it."

rweird
2013-02-13, 07:30 PM
OoC:
It was the robed man that gave the orders.

He waves a hand at the non-draconic flying monster. "Screechers are blind, if you stay away from them, they won't eat you. They have damn good hearing though, after the battle today, I'd rather not have any other confrontations, especially one that can potentially take out our formation, or greatly damage it. Aerial combat is something it has mastered.

"It is faster, stronger, bigger, and more graceful than us. We have the advantage in numbers, though it would cause heavy causalities, better to avoid it, though Screechers aren't the most dangerous thing up here either. When avoiding them is this easy, you'd be a fool to pick a fight with one of them."

J-H
2013-02-13, 08:01 PM
On the platform, Shen is clearly visible to the group for the first time. He's a gnome; short, and appearing stocky (muscular, not fat). His nose is broken and his tanned skin is dark and calloused-looking all over, making his skin a bit more reflective than it should be.

After finding a seat on a crate, his head of messy brown hair comes up to shoulder-height of the humans around him. Turning to one of them, he asks "So, what is this place called?"

If he gets a positive response, he'll also ask if there are any gnomes or dwarves around, and about the presence of giants.

Social skills :(
Diplomacy [roll0]
Gather Info [roll1]
Spot on any of the other flying creatures, and the castle [roll2]

rweird
2013-02-13, 08:08 PM
Shen:
You can't make out anything else about the castle, as for flying creatures, all are visible. You can identify two other winged things further off as draconic, like the one I previously described.

A man looks up, seeming a bit annoyed he answers "This place, here, the jungle, this plane, I don't know, we call it 'the frontier,' though I bet others call it something else, not that we know.

"Not many gnomes or dwarves that we know about, some at command, probably are giants, though we haven't established contact with them, they like the mountains."

J-H
2013-02-13, 10:57 PM
"If this is the frontier, then where are you from? Somewhere on this plane?"

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-13, 11:08 PM
Reza stares out at the alien landscape, awestruck.

This is way above my paygrade...

After a long moment he turns his attention back to the strange craft and its passengers.

Spot [roll0]

Ithandor
2013-02-14, 04:15 AM
Cannith

Cannith rises from his seated position on the crates, stretching his legs and taking stock of his situation. Pulled to a plane, this Frontier, with these varied, if undeniably effective folk. He realised he was more curious than worried, at this point. He makes his way around the edge of the disc, studying the terrain passing below with mild interest, before stopping beside Katie.

"Thanks for the healing earlier. I'm not sure I got your name, in the confusion?"

Spot for the jungle below, if relevant:
[roll0]

supernerd
2013-02-14, 05:16 AM
Kamynar lands gracefully on the "disc" and gives Khodzla a salute and joins the rest. He looks around for a minute before speaking to Telarys, "So Tel, how did it feel to let a bunch of strangers into your and Katie's honeymoon cottage while she was in there but you weren't?"

See Spot Roll:
[roll0]

rweird
2013-02-14, 06:38 AM
Spot people who made spot checks:
You can make out further away shapes to to be draconic, the jungle seems to hold no danger. The people seem normal humans, they are more accustomed to this world, though still on edge out here.

razorback
2013-02-14, 09:27 AM
Aetril stands towards the front of the floating disk, eyes intent as the wind causes his long hair to lash out.
"Hehe, I could get used to this..." he says to no one in particular as he walks back to where the group is gathered.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-14, 09:50 AM
Intrigued, Khodzla continues to ask the lead griffin rider. "So what is this strange place? Why are you all here?" He looks back at the group standing on the disc, and once again shakes his head. Why does Telarys choose to ground himself, when he has the potential to be so... free? He chuckles as he thinks back to the first time he had met the Petal. His diminutive size and slouched posture had first led Khodzla to believe that Telarys was in fact a "she". The fact that they spoke in first and second person pronouns did not help either. It was the centaur who helped avert an awkward situation when she had referred to herself as "his servant". That particular assumption certainly was not my finest hour, he thinks sourly.

rweird
2013-02-14, 03:34 PM
OoC:
OhMyGodImOnFire: I'm not sure what your referring to with your thoughts, linked backstory with Telarys?

"We call this place 'The Frontier', probably has another name, its a bit of a mystery what it is, a different plane, though we don't have much knowledge of it in our world. We're he to settle it, if thats possible. We don't have enough support or transports to set up a second fortress, so command is currently the only base, we have other outposts, though we don't have good communication yet."

Morcleon
2013-02-14, 06:17 PM
OOC:OMGIOF is. When Khodzla first met Tel, he thought that the pixie was a girl.

"..." Telarys flicks his eyes over to Katie, then gives Kamynar a glare. "We aren't married. Besides, she can handle herself. She wouldn't be alive if she couldn't."

The faerie sits on a railing, not caring that he is only a few feet from a hundred foot drop. He glances at over at Katie for a few seconds, then pipes up. "Y'know, I really should get you something so you can fly..."

Lix Lorn
2013-02-14, 07:26 PM
Blink blink. "Fl...fly?"
She sounds somewhere between amazed and terrified at the concept.

Morcleon
2013-02-14, 10:12 PM
"Mhmm!" Telarys nods and grins. "It'd be nice to have you be able to join me when I do. So, how about it?"

supernerd
2013-02-14, 10:21 PM
Kamynar looked to Tel with amusement and sat down on the floor of the Disc, facing Telarys and loosely hugging one knee as his other leg lay flat, "That's perfectly fine, if you two don't need marriage then I won't judge, after all Heaven knows I didn't it. I mean you did say she's too cute to ignore. And well if she'd really do anything you'd ask her too, well then... Wow! I had no idea you and Katie were into that! Oh well that's for you to define."

He was taking this opportunity more to tease the faerie than anything else. Then again, teasing Tel about Katie was probably the one good thing the petal had given him, a way to remember something he'd held so dear. "You two are adorable!"

Morcleon
2013-02-14, 10:37 PM
Eyes flashing blue with annoyance and a slight blush on his face, the little faerie whips his head around to glare at the sitting soulbow. "I will thank you to keep your mouth shut, lest something unsavory enter. Besides, it's not a romantic relationship. You misunderstand entirely."

He sits there and pouts ignores Kamynar.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-14, 11:11 PM
Katie's ears are burning, but she doesn't have the Wisdom score to get all the innuendo. Plus she's not really listening. It would be rude.

Morcleon
2013-02-14, 11:17 PM
After a few more moments of pouting ignoring! I said ignoring... Anyway, after a few more moments of ignoring Kamynar, Telarys turns back to Katie with a faint smile. "I think you would enjoy flying. It's a very liberating experience."

supernerd
2013-02-14, 11:36 PM
Kamynar laughs to himself at Telarys' behavior. After his comment on flight, he chimed in, "He's quite right. Katie. Flying feels wonderful, is do it all the time if I didn't need to stay grounded in order to get a full volley of arrows. And I think it might be you who misunderstands, Tel. I'm fully aware that what I'm saying is only unreasonable speculation at best. However, teasing you is fun and it helps me remember some things." The sort of somber smile that greets old memories never to be relived comes to his face until he closes his eyes, reflexively handling his pendant.

Lix Lorn
2013-02-14, 11:39 PM
Katie nods at his reassurance. "O...okay."

J-H
2013-02-14, 11:47 PM
Continuing his questions, Shen tries to get more information:

"So, what do you call the plane that you're from, and how do you get between planes? I don't know why we're here, but I've got something I need to be doing back on Faerun."

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-15, 12:00 AM
Intriguing. His interest piqued, Khodzla continues to ask the man questions as they fly over the vast forest. "You're here to settle it," he says, "but how did you get here in the first place? Why come here?"

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-15, 12:24 AM
"Those are excellent questions..."

rweird
2013-02-15, 06:48 AM
Shen (everyone can hear, it just is directed at him): "'Faerun?' What's that? We came through a... portal. The casters say it was built on something already there, I don't know what they mean by that."

Khodzla (everyone can hear, it just is directed at him): "We came through a portal. Why we came, well, everyone has there own reasons, researchers to figure out what the hell this place is, many because it gives a salary, some because of the novelty of the experience, some because nothing can be worse than what they had, some because they thought here could bring a better future. No single reason. How did you come here? How long have you been here?"

Ithandor
2013-02-15, 07:11 AM
Cannith

"We arrived here moments before you found us in that clearing. Had a bit of a disagreement with some Yeth Hounds on the topic of lunch, but other than that we've barely gathered bearings, as it were." " Cannith looks around the group again, "In fact, we haven't been able to work out what connects us. If anything, that is. A planar butterfly flaps its wings, and so forth.

Speaking solely for myself, a break from my home Plane comes at an opportune time, but it would be nice to know how to get back. Any of those caster chaps you mentioned here with you?"

rweird
2013-02-15, 07:23 AM
"No casters that study the planes in depth. Still, they'd say you coming here at that time is impossible, you very well may have destroyed our theory on this plane. We don't really know how to get you back to any plane save our own, people say that the tower is the key, but we don't go near that place, to well guarded, nothing does. This plane blocks planar travel for the most part. Still, once we return to Command, you could talk with them, I'm sure they'd be very interested."

J-H
2013-02-15, 08:27 AM
"That would be good. If planar travel is blocked here, we just need to use the portal to your world and find a wizard who can plane shift us to our homes."

Morcleon
2013-02-15, 03:49 PM
And teasing people allows for RP! ^_^

Telarys rolls his eyes and smirks. "So you tease people to relieve your own pain? Not very Good, wouldn't you say?"

His expression turns to excitement and success as Katie accepts. "Wonderful. As soon as I can, I will give you something to fly."

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-15, 05:07 PM
"No idea. All I know is I woke up with these others, then those 'Skyrunners' surrounded us. We got a taste of each other... and I must say, they are quite an interesting flavor." Shaking his head, Khodzla brings himself back to the current conversation. "All I need is a way to get back to where I was. I have... unsettled debts." Hearing the exchange between Telarys and Katie, he excuses himself and slows down until he is just above the disc, then folds in his wings and drops down onto the deck. Smirking, he circles Katie, occasionally brushing her flank with the tip of his wing. "You know, these are actually quite useful... and quite comfortable," he teases, "all it takes is a little... commitment."

rweird
2013-02-15, 05:28 PM
Shen: "Your world, Faerun? I have no idea what that is, so that might be problematic."

Khodzla: The man looks more unnerved by you. "What is your world?" he asks. All the others seem to be taking a disliking to you too.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-15, 05:52 PM
Ah, nervous, are you? A corner of Khodzla's lips turns up ever so slightly. Good... intimidation is good. He turns back to face the griffin rider. "One that needs to be cleansed. One that needs to be enlightened. We call it Di Qiu. Not that it matters to you, of course." He flexes his limbs, hands and claws tightening into fists. "I was in the midst of looking for a way to resume my crusade when I was quite rudely transported here, to this... 'Frontier' of yours."

Hope you don't mind if I name my own world - I don't know if it matters much. Also, anyone here who speaks Chinese will be amused :smalltongue:

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-15, 06:02 PM
Reza speaks up.

"I am from Earth, although I doubt you have heard of that place either. I had no idea there were so many worlds beyond the Veil. Your world, Faerun..." He looks around at the group. "How many different worlds are represented here?"

rweird
2013-02-15, 06:05 PM
The griffin rider gazes icily at you, as if he is visualizing how best to send his lance through your heart, and from his gaze, seems he'd have no second thoughts about it. "Di Qui? Earth?" He chuckles "Never heard of it, so I don't know how we'd be able to get you back. Are all of you from the unknown? If so, you'd have trouble getting back home."

Fine with you naming your world. Being unnerved is more you saying you like the way Skyrunners taste and stuff, more your disgusting and a freak. Possibly a bit crazy too.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-15, 06:16 PM
OOC: Reza was answering the general question (and maybe butting in to defuse a potential argument). As far as I know he hasn't made anybody angry yet.

supernerd
2013-02-15, 11:05 PM
Kamynar lifted his head to the foreign sky. Closing his eyes as he brought himself back for just a second, "Oh, Telarys, I'm hurt. You think I'd be like this to just anyone? It doesn't alleviate my pain, just brings up some happier memories. And odds are the memory is chained to the crushing revelation that it can't happen again. I thought you of all people would think before you speak." he looked away, trying to get the darkness out of him before he let it take hold.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-16, 01:53 PM
Squack Squack

What I'm still an animal :smalltongue:

rweird
2013-02-16, 07:40 PM
Four large four-winged shapes dive out of the clouds ahead of you on a course that'll intercept the 'Disc.' "Arrows, oldies." One of the men says.

"Wonder what they want?" says another.

"Do we have an Auran translator abord?" asks the helmeted man. After some muttering and cursing, the conclusion is they do not.

"Do any of you speak Auran?" one of the griffin riders asks your group.

J-H
2013-02-16, 09:33 PM
Shen shakes his head in a silent no.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-16, 09:35 PM
Squack squack

Translation

I don't suppose they speak dire eagle do they?

Ithandor
2013-02-17, 09:06 AM
Cannith

"Afraid not." Cannith says offhandedly, lowering his glaive to his side and using his spare hand to shield his gaze, trying to get a better look at the incoming creatures.

Spot [roll0]

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-17, 11:11 AM
"Unfortunately, no..."

rweird
2013-02-17, 11:35 AM
"Damn it. Why do they only show up when we have no translator. If only a hunter was here, and in a good mood. They could understand, though they don't really like us." says the robed man. Once the winged things get within 50 ft. they hover in front, shrieking in Auran, the 'Disc' comes to a stop as well and the mounts circle it.

Morcleon
2013-02-18, 03:38 AM
Telarys quirks an eyebrow at the lamenting Kamynar. "Hn. Isn't the purpose of bringing up happier memories to alleviate pain? Anyway, it's a psychological weakness of yours that can be exploited mid-battle. What would happen if your foe used it against you, hm?"

"You've still got a ways to go..." he shrugs, turning to the arrowhawks. "Hmm... it's a shame I can't understand them... Katie?"

Lix Lorn
2013-02-18, 03:46 AM
Katie shakes her head sorrowfully.

Morcleon
2013-02-18, 04:07 AM
"Kaaatiiieee..." whines Telarys. He slumps down with a sigh for a few seconds before propping himself back up. "Ugh... I really need more sleep nowadays..."
...not at all a representation of my current condition... >.>
"Well then, we can't communicate with them now, can we...? Troublesome..."

rweird
2013-02-18, 08:11 AM
After seeing no response from the 'Disc,' the four-winged birds fly back into the clouds and the 'Disc' moves on, people muttering and grumbling.

razorback
2013-02-18, 09:11 AM
Aetril watches as the flying beasts hover and speak they strange language as they strive to communicate before flying off.

Sense motive to get a feel for what they were trying to communicate
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

rweird
2013-02-19, 09:58 PM
Time passes, the mountains grow larger, the sun climbs across the sky (about 6 hours pass). You fall into the shadow of the mountains. "Careful of Rocs, Giants, and Stonies. Keep an eye out for Screechers and stuff to." shouts the robed one, which you've concluded is the captain.

"Heard that the animals are rather vicious here, and some tainted have showed up, possibly a lower base." calls one of the griffin riders.

Ithandor
2013-02-21, 06:18 AM
Cannith

"So this mission, we are nearing its destination?" Cannith keeps a wary eye over the side of the disc. The shade of the mountains was welcome relief. He idly whistles, too softly to make out much of a melody, if there even is one.

rweird
2013-02-21, 08:33 AM
One of the men says "Our first destination, yes, then we'll have to get back."

Cannith:
You see that you are approaching a cliff-face where stony creatures dwell, almost completely camouflaged by the stone. They seem to draw back and freeze as you approach. Higher above, a massive bird head looks down observing you.

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-21, 11:24 PM
"I've heard of rocs and giants... but what are the 'tainted' and 'lower base?'"

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-22, 12:14 AM
Khodzla stalks around the disc, looking and listening for anything that might be of interesting on and off the flying machine, in all directions.

Don't really have much to do right now, so I'll just make rolls:

rweird
2013-02-22, 08:04 AM
"Tainted, nasty bastards. Spawn of the lower layer, or that corrupted by them. A lower base is a base set up by the forces of the lower layer. You'd call the creatures of the lower layer fiends. You know what fiends are?"

Khodzla: You see that you are approaching a cliff-face where stony creatures dwell, almost completely camouflaged by the stone. They seem to draw back and freeze as you approach. Higher above, a massive bird head looks down observing you.

You hear little besides the wind and the sounds of the disc and escort, here seems to be quiet, though in the distance, you hear a howling.

supernerd
2013-02-23, 12:14 AM
As Kamynar shifted back to reality and the troubles at hand, he couldn't help but be amused, "Please tell me there are Blessed on the upper plane which we would call celestials. That would be awesome." he kept himself alert though, just in case.

Spot:
[roll0]
Listen:
[roll1]

rweird
2013-02-23, 07:14 AM
"There are. That castle is the celestials." a hippogriff riders says indicating the floating castle. "They hunt here sometimes, especially fiends, though the day makes it so they can't easily fight each other, thank heavens- or whatever made this the case."

Kamynar:
You see that you are approaching a cliff-face where stony creatures dwell, almost completely camouflaged by the stone. They seem to draw back and freeze as you approach. Higher above, a massive bird head looks down observing you.

You hear little besides the wind and the sounds of the disc and escort, here seems to be quiet, though in the distance, you hear a howling.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-25, 12:51 PM
Finding a small open space, Khodzla takes a running start, and leaves the ground once again, joining the griffin riders at the fore. Looking ahead at the stone creatures, he asks, "What is your mission? And who are the Aurans?"

rweird
2013-02-25, 03:58 PM
"Aurans? Never heard of them. Auran is a language spoken by some that dwell here, usually those with ties to the Plane of Air. You've heard of that, right?" He makes no response to the first question, as if he's avoiding it.

Ithandor
2013-02-25, 06:12 PM
Cannith

"Planar language, and all that. The mission?" Cannith inquires, arching an eyebrow.

What are the current lighting conditions? Are we still in the shade of the mountains?

rweird
2013-02-25, 08:06 PM
Lighting Conditions:
Counts as bright, though you are in the shadow of the mountains.

"The mission, currently just delivering supplies." He speaks with finality, as if that is all you need to know.

supernerd
2013-02-25, 09:00 PM
Kamynar was not yet satisfied with this answer, and as always, the best way to find out on short notice was to push, "Hmm, seems interesting. Would these supplies involve exotic pets, drugs, particularly of the illegal variety, though the law here more than likely has scarce enough time to bother with controlling substances, exotic pets, magical writings or artifacts, and/or slaves of the labor, staffing, or sexual varieties?" He noticed how he began to prattle off and promptly took this as his cue to return to silence.

Sense Motive:
[roll0]

rweird
2013-02-26, 07:05 AM
"No, though-" says a hippogriff rider, before the robed man calls. "Why do you feel the need to know this?" cutting him off.

razorback
2013-02-26, 08:57 AM
Aetril stands to the side following the conversation as he lets the others of those that have seemed to have been transported with who are more socially adept them do the talking. Moving towards Cannith, one of those that looks possibly human, he whispers "What do you make of all this?"

Ithandor
2013-02-26, 09:21 AM
Cannith

Cannith watched Aetril out of the corner of his eye as he approached. He moves quietly, like a hunting cat, he thought. It was difficult to assess the threat posed by each of these individuals. He idled turned over thoughts and tactics in his head, turning to face the man as he addressed him. Most interesting scars, too.

Cannith whispers back "We barely know anything about one another... why should they be any more forthcoming? I think everything here is dangerous, at the moment - and two sets of eyes leaves no back exposed", bowing his head slightly, and slowly, in salute to Aetril. "I think it better we're up here than trekking through an unknown jungle, though I'm curious about this 'resupply' mission and these 'explorers'. What do you make of our other travellers?"

supernerd
2013-02-26, 05:27 PM
First thing's first, listen check to promote team bonding: I hear the whispers, survey says?
[roll0]

Kamynar took this in stride, knowing he had a tendency to flash from appearing full of babble to very pushy, though not overly offended by the questioning of his curiosity, "A rather nice question, and I'll add to it with a few of my own about myself. Why was is me that my parents hated? Why was my first love my adoptive father? Well it's hard to get answers and frankly I don't want them. Now I like to know what is going on around me, and when I'm not familiar with a place, I'll want as much information as I can get. And people who get in the way of my information tend to predispose me to disliking them."

rweird
2013-02-26, 05:51 PM
Listen:
You can hear the whispers (DC 25 listen).

The robed man responds: "To put it bluntly, we can't trust you, and some stuff is secret. We know as little about you as you know about us. We have no knowledge you aren't spies, and the whole situation seems contrived. Some of the stuff you should already know, though if you don't, I don't think we should tell you.

"Until Command learns of this, we shouldn't tell you. People don't just appear on the Frontier like this, or at least, not that we know of. We want to know all we can about you and how you got here, though you either don't know, or aren't telling us. You've also asked some questions that are rather unlikely we'd answer yes to regardless, though you asking is rather offensive. I understand how you feel, though some things are secret, and until authorized by command, will remain as such."

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-26, 08:50 PM
I'd play it close to the vest if I was them, too... but this is still giving me the creeps. Not as creepy as that jungle, though...

Sense Motive [roll0]

supernerd
2013-02-26, 09:45 PM
Kamynar sighed, he reminded himself how he usually ended up having to fix things after offending people without meaning to, "I'm so sorry for having offended you, that's just my generic list of things I'm not okay with being on a supply transport. I understand your need for classified information and working through your bureaucracy. I'll wait for when you can tell me. Hopefully we'll be able to be mutually beneficial." The halfling always hated how robotic these appeasements sounded to him.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-02-27, 03:01 AM
Khodzla listens as he flies alongside the griffins. Okay, so this is definitely more than a simple supply run. But what? He watches as the mountain looms closer and closer, and nudges the rider beside him, pointing to it. "Is that where we're going?" he asks.

rweird
2013-02-27, 07:56 AM
Khodzla: As you approach, the rider seems to flinch as you nudge him, as if he was about to attack, more of an instinct than conscious. "Yes, somewhere on that mountain."

Kamynar: "I'm glad you understand, and am sorry for the inconvenience this causes." he replies, somewhat robotically too.

razorback
2013-02-27, 09:13 AM
"Military and structured in nature... hopefully not to bent on following orders as opposed to doing what needs to be done. To answer your question, they shouldn't. The fact that they picked us up can go both ways for us. Either they are do-gooders, seeing those in need without regard to survival, or they have some other, unknown to us now, motivation to pick us up. If it is to grind us into meal or to be some pinned slave, they are in for a rude surprise." he continues to whisper back, a surprisingly blank and calm look on his face.

rweird
2013-03-02, 05:58 PM
You reach the mountain, flying low to the ground, you reach a metal dome. Around it are over a dozen large creatures. They have spines from there necks, and pinkish skin. They are at least the size of the 'Skyrunners' you fought earlier. The creatures each are howling, unearthly and unnerving sound. "Stay in the air, do not engage, prepare to fire upon the beasts if they don't flee, the won't want to fight an foe with air power, unless they have something flying of there own. We'll still need to deal with them some time though, before the base falls to howling."

People reach for bows and other ranged weapons, as if preparing for battle.

You are over 500 ft. away, though approaching, you are 60 ft. up.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-02, 08:23 PM
Khodzla's heartbeat quickens. Another battle? He flitters between the griffin riders before he stops once again next to the leading rider. "What are those?" Realizing that he would probably be the only one who needed to be up close, Khodzla frowns, observing the movements of the creatures to see if he can find any openings that could be abused.

rweird
2013-03-02, 08:56 PM
"We call them Howlers, they're some of The Tainted, travel in packs, howling can drive you mad if you let it."

J-H
2013-03-02, 10:53 PM
Shen goes invisible and tries to see what he can figure out about the monsters.

Trying to figure out how their attacks work, any possible vulnerabilities, similarities to monsters from Faerun, etc.
K: dungeoneering [roll0]
K: nature [roll1]
I have (included) a +4 bonus on all monster checks from the Evolutionist Monster Sage ability.

Ithandor
2013-03-03, 03:34 AM
Cannith

If our hosts are expecting trouble, so should we. Cannith draws his glaive, his free hand tracing a series of short strokes in the air. Darkness closes in around him, and he fades from view.

Cast Darkness on my armor's Restful Crystal (so I can remove and cover it, if necessary). Duration: 40 minutes.

Use Hide in Plain Sight + Shadow Blur to Hide:
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

supernerd
2013-03-03, 06:01 AM
Kamynar didn't say a word as he focused himself and worked to see a split second into their vulnerabilities.

psionic focus!
[roll0]

Manifest Offensive Prescience for 1pp
24/26

rweird
2013-03-03, 08:04 AM
J-H:
You don't think they fall under either of the checks you used.

People curse as darkness envelopes them. "How are we supposed to hit them now?" grumbles one of the men. "They can see in the dark but we can't."

Ithandor
2013-03-03, 09:38 AM
Cannith

"This is no ordinary shadow, friend. It will help shield us from their blows. They will learn to fear the dark."

rweird
2013-03-03, 09:48 AM
"But it'll also hide them from us."

Swami Monsoon
2013-03-03, 12:06 PM
"Best not to take any chances then..."

Reza mutters a series of incantations. His skin once again takes on a stony texture... and then an odd wisp of cloud appears in the air over the ship... and opens its eyes.

"Don't worry, he's with me."

Casts Barkskin (on self), Bless and Summon Nature's Ally V (large Air Elemental)

razorback
2013-03-04, 08:55 AM
Aetril sits back as he watches the others prepare, pulling a dagger from his bandolier and, noticing some dried blood under his claw-like fingernail, digs it out with the dagger.

Morcleon
2013-03-04, 10:27 AM
Waking up from a quick power nap on Katie's shoulder, Telarys blinks away the sleep and glares at the dark haze around them. "...tch... under attack, are we? Katie, get ready. I don't want this to be a repeat of the valley incident."

I make random backstory things up. I hope you don't mind. :smallredface:

Lix Lorn
2013-03-04, 03:01 PM
Katie gulps and nods, reforming her weapon, her shield, and her armour.

Cool with me? xD

rweird
2013-03-04, 03:33 PM
The 'Disc' flies towards the dome, the riders forming a V in front of it. As you approach, the creatures turn and run, howling unearthly howls all the while. "They'll stay in the area, wait for us to fall to madness, someone'll need to hunt them down, though lets unload the supplies first." The 'Disc' comes to rest, partially on the top of the dome, which is flat as you realize, people start to unload crates as a trapdoor opens and several other people file out to help, talking some. One of the griffin riders lands, while the hippogriff riders and the other griffin rider circle the dome, on the lookout.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-03-04, 03:43 PM
Instead of joining the others, Khodzla decides to fly with the riders, making loops around the dome. He keeps his ears plugged with his fingers, while he looks down at area surrounding the dome, trying to see if he can find anything out about these Howlers, or whatever else might be coming their way.

supernerd
2013-03-04, 03:59 PM
Kamynar heard the faerie, and couldn't resist, "Oh, gods, that was amazing!"

yeah, I'm fine with it too.

Morcleon
2013-03-04, 04:05 PM
Glaring over at the soulbow, Telarys stands up on Katie's shoulder. "Hm. That was not our fault. I blame the wizard!"

supernerd
2013-03-04, 05:00 PM
Kamynar returned the glare with a smirk, "hey now, you can't blame him for being into me!"

Morcleon
2013-03-04, 05:09 PM
"Well we can certainly blame you for trying to seduce him when you did."

supernerd
2013-03-04, 05:22 PM
"You call that trying? He was so desperate, he was after me once he knew I wasn't one for procreation."

Morcleon
2013-03-04, 05:26 PM
"...precisely. You existed. Hell, you even took off your shirt! How did you expect him not to react?"

supernerd
2013-03-04, 05:44 PM
"Well." :smallamused:

Morcleon
2013-03-04, 09:19 PM
"Tch... you see why I don't like him?" Telarys mutters off to no one in particular. "Crazy children these days..."

supernerd
2013-03-04, 09:39 PM
"Your point?" Kamynar said, after all, he couldn't be held responsible for his own sanity.

J-H
2013-03-04, 10:01 PM
Standing out of the way of the crate-movers, Shen walks over to the edge of the disc holding his knife, and tries to judge the distance to the closest howler.

rweird
2013-03-05, 06:30 AM
The closest Howlers by now are at least 300 ft. away from the dome.