PDA

View Full Version : World's Worst Vacation-IC

positivespace
2013-02-02, 10:58 PM
Lingor Island. An ex soviet island, making it's way towards a democratic election and entrance to the UN. Mostly tropical climate, with great fishing and natural resources, a rich history, and many investors in its rich eco-tourism industry. The perfect place for a vacation.

An old high school friend, Carmichael, rounded up enough money for the 'old gang' to get together for a boating trip. You, him, his wife, Anne, and your friends Joshua, Valentine, Lee, and Kelly, seeing the sights of the island and the reef from comfortably aboard a small rented boat. Your hotel supplied the boat and scuba gear and a tour guide, and two hours before sunrise the day after arriving on the island, you went out to see the reef.

Early morning, earlier than you'd willingly get up if it weren't for Carmichael's enthusiasm, ready for the day and to see what sort of wonderful animals might be out there, you set out. The weather was wonderful, with the forecast projecting light clouds for a few days and a comfrotable breeze for the whole week, and the sun was starting to rise. It was a welcome break from every day.

That was this morning.

You don't know where you are now, or even how you got here. You never even got to see the sun rise. It was impossible to, with your attackers tying burlap sacks over your heads. You don't even know who they are or how they managed to sneak up on your boat, just that from out of nowhere a group of men in old camo clothing managed to hop from their speedboats to your ship and beat everyone to the deck in short order. The tour guide jumped ship and tried to swim to shore. You're not sure if he made it.

Carmichael managed to fight back. He noticed the attackers before anyone else did, and managed to swing a few good punches before an irritated pirate shot him. Just shot him. Three rounds from a battered old desert eagle to Carmichael's chest and your friend fell into the ocean, staring up at the sky as he sank into shark infested waters. You remember the pirate's face clear as crystal. Scarred on one side, wrinkled on the other, skin darkened to an oily red-brown color by sun and dirt, one eye covered with a patch. You'll remember it forever.

Now that you think about it, Carmichael is the only one of you that got to watch the sun rise, his eyes unblinking as you were forced blind onto a boat to some unknown shore before a several hour forced march through a damp swampland punctuated by cursing pirates and blows to various parts of your body.
The bags are off your heads now, but you still have no clue where you are. It's dark, only a dim lamp casting light in the room your cage is in. You're underground, you think, in some dirt hole, with two of the camoflauged men standing guard outside the cage by the doorway to the next room, both armed. Your hands are chained to the cage's bars behind your backs, and they probably ache more than any other part of you right now. You have no idea where they took your luggage, or what your assailant's plans are. You're not sure you care at the moment. Anne had been sobbing and Lee trying to comfort her until one of the guards pointed a gun at the two with a glare, but now everyone else is just sitting there silently.

You've noticed a few others who come into the room every now and then. Interested men and women who come to take a peek at you or mock you in languages you cannot understand, new guards, and occasionally, a man in a nice (if somewhat muddy) grey and white striped suit and fedora.

Now the man in the suit enters again, followed by four armed and heavily muscled men. His fedora is off, and he tilts it towards you. Inside are everyone's IDs, stolen from your luggage. He hands it off to one of the guards, and the guard's hand shuffles through the hat.

OOC HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14641306#post14641306)

Daftendirekt
2013-02-03, 07:40 PM
Valentine struggles to her feet -- awkward with her hands chained to the bars behind her, grunting at the pain in her head and limbs. She glances down at her pocket, but sure enough her knife had been taken. Another quick glance around informs her of who else shares the cell with her before she turns her attention to the men outside the cell.

"What do you want with us?! Let us out, you douchebags!"

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 07:45 PM
Max looks around. Seeing the hand shuffling through the hat he gathers the courage to speak up. My brains haven't let me down yet, please let today not be the day they do."Hey. Mr. Armed Guard guy, If you happen to find mine in there I would really like it back. You see I put a whole lot of work into it and I'd hate to have to do it all over again."
Looking over at Valentine, Max can't help but smile."hey.." He whispers quietly. "I bet you wish you had your bike and a head start right about now don't ya."

Daftendirekt
2013-02-03, 07:55 PM
Noticing Max also having roused, Valentine responds, also in a whisper.

"Actually I'd prefer my knife at the moment. Fracking kidnappers..."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 08:00 PM
Getting a slightly worried look on his face, Max whispers back. "yeah about that, I know I've made my fair share of enemies over the days but I don't remember pissing off any tropical island pirates." Looking around kinda slowly,what have I gotten myself into."any ideas here?"

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-03, 08:09 PM
Bedford flexes his wrist, trying not to let himself get too sore. Everything aches right now, yes, but that doesn't mean it has to hurt worse than it does already. He just has to stay calm, and eventually the situation will work itself out. He survived Afghanistan, he can survive this. He's not a prisoner of war this time around, but the rules are similar. Stay calm. Keep faith in your fellow prisoners. Make sure you're useful to your captors without giving too much away.

Keep your head down when the SEALs burst in.

If they burst in. He assumed that he and his 'friends'-as if any of the people still alive here could ever actually stand his pathetic ass-were being kept for ransom, and that some government or another had been contacted.

And now people were yelling at the armed men.

Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Listen," he whispers to PC!Valentine and Max and everyone else, really, "Just stay calm, don't try to fight them, don't piss them off. We can make it out of this."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-03, 08:17 PM
Max is almost surprised to hear from Bedford, that guy's tougher than I thought, good on ya dude."Johnny, you actually sound like you know what you're talking about."
He gives Bedford a little grin."I really would like that id back though, you have no idea the time that goes in to something that beautiful."

positivespace
2013-02-03, 08:46 PM
One of the guards kicks the cage and jams his gun in there, pointed at Max. It looks like one of the old soviet block rifles that terrorists and rebels and the like are always pictured as using, probably an AK or modeled after one, but it's hard to tell in this darkness.

"You want wind up like you friend?" he growls at you in broken English that places too much emphasis on vowels for you to really tell what accent it is, "Shut the hell up!"

The guard pulls out a card and shows it to the man in the fedora, who turns to Bedford and grins.

"Ah. Our first volunteer," he says in a understandable and less accented businessman's voice, "Bring him out, have Havier bring me the table."

Three of the burlier men open up the cage and take tight hold of Bedford's arms while the fourth goes around back to undo the chains holding his bindings to the cage. The guards keep their guns pointed at the other prisoners while Bedford is brought out standing to face the businessman. After a few moments, two other men bring in a card table and two folding chairs, and Bedford is seated across from the businessman.

"So, mister Little... Doctor Little...Sergeant Doctor Little. Let's talk."

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-03, 09:06 PM
Bedford almost yells at Max for calling him Johnny, but a gun in the cage is enough to shut him up.

He doesn't fight the guards. There's no way he could make it now if he did, and they'd likely hurt someone else, too. That's not something he needs on his name.

"What would you like to talk about, Mister?..." Bedford lets the question trail, his throat mighty dry and sore from the day's happenings.

positivespace
2013-02-03, 09:32 PM
"Our situation here. You're wondering why we're holding you, right? Maybe ransom? Torture? Fun and profit? I assure you, Sergeant Doctor Bedford, we're not just some group of pirates. We're a legitimate political party here on Lingor. And we need some leverage," the businessman smiles in a friendly manner, "The dictator of Lingor, our beloved leader Stefan Dorras, he doesn't understand the dangers the UN poses. Just like the Italians, the Russians, and the Soviets, the western world will just carve another chunk of us away for the sake of our resources. Our resources. And he won't even let our party have any representation in the decision. It's not really fair, now, is it, amigo? No, it's not."

A young boy in combat fatigues runs into the room and whispers something into the businessman's ear. The businessman hands the boy a watch from his pocket, and the boy runs back out of the room with an ecstatic grin on his face.

"But let's talk about about you, shall we? Friend, amigo, my dear American ticket to recognition...Only you don't sound very American, do you? English, perhaps, just a bit off, though?"

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 12:31 AM
"Welsh, actually. But I've got my American citizenship, if you'll look at the card there," Bedford nods to his ID card, "Ex-military, too, so I understand the rules that need to be followed here. Civilian or veteran prisoners, prisoners of war, security risk temp prisoners, I had to take classes on all of that. I understand what's going on here, sir, I know we can be useful, I know we can help. Just don't hurt my..." Bedford looks back at the cage full of people "...friends here, and I'm sure your party can get in on this decision without anyone having to be hurt."

positivespace
2013-02-04, 12:42 AM
"Oh! Oh-ho! You...Y-you-hu," the businessman starts to laugh, a crazy look in his eyes. His pitch gets worryingly higher, like he's going to cry.
"You think you understand, pendejo? Your-Yo-hu-hor little bitch self-you-you think you know how you can be useful? You-"

He calms himself. His face shows slight smolderings of anger, but he's calmer now. A man brings in Bedford's gun case and sets it on the table.

"Ex-military, eh? Army, marines? Explains your taste in guns...Colt is a very nice choice," he waves Bedford's handgun around, briefly points it at Bedford's head, and puts it away, "But don't worry. I won't shoot you with your own gun. Though I have to ask why most of you even have weapons. You all paranoid or some **** like that?"

Without pausing, he looks down at Bedford's hand, held down on the table by the muscle-men.

"That's a very nice ring. Why isn't your wife here with you to enjoy my culture? There an affair going on?"

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 12:45 AM
Bedford swallows nervously at the laughter. The man's nuts. Clearly. There's no way he could be the main man behind all of this. Not with a mind that far gone...

Then again, he'd seen crazier ****, hadn't he? **** nobody'd ever believe. Not his friends, not his wife.

He follows 'the businessman's' (this guy's new name, even if we learn his name. It's official.) eyes down to his wedding band.

"It didn't work out. We're not together any more. Haven't been for a while."

kobywan
2013-02-04, 05:10 AM
Kalen comes out of a haze of static just in time to see Bedford being led from a cage. Hey whats going on here? He mutters while he shakes his head. Ugh feels like I was KOd by Silva. Looking around he sees the others locked up and sees the guns pointed at them. Yeah this looks bad. The big man flexes his arms but they are pinned thightly to his sides.

positivespace
2013-02-04, 11:58 AM
"Oh. That's unfortunate. I'm real sorry for you, amigo. Wish it could've worked out for you. But hey," a large, serrated knife appears from apparently nowhere into the businessman's hand, "At least you won't need that ring any more."

He brings the knife down hard, severing the ring and pinky fingers just above where they connect to Bedford's hand. He slides the ring off and pockets it, and hands the fingers to one if his aides, who carefully packages them and rushes off. There's either more blood or less blood than you expected, you can't really tell. It's still a good bit of leakage, though.

"Maybe now our beloved leader will believe that we have you, eh? Eh? Somebody get this piece of **** to the doctor, I'll be back in a few to grab another card."

And with that, the businessman leaves.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 12:57 PM
fortitude [roll0]
will [roll1]

Rounds/minutes until blackout, assuming I fail the roll: [roll2]

Bedford clenches his teeth and whimpers in an attempt to hold back the pain.

It doesn't work. He howls in agony and clutches at his hand, spitting expletives at nobody in particular and getting blood all over his shirt and jeans.

positivespace
2013-02-04, 02:26 PM
Two of the muscle-men follow the businessman out, while the other two grab Bedford by the arms and put a bag over his head before dragging him off to see whoever passes as the medical expert for this place. One of them grabs Bedford's gun case in one hand as they leave, looking over it and smiling at his new trophy.

"Hey!" Lee shouts, "Hey! Where are you taking him? Don't you think we all need some-"

"Shut the hell up, Lee!" NPC!Valentine kicks some dirt at Lee, "He is not worth us getting shot!"

PC! Valentine and Kalen feel something like smooth, warm metal brush against their backs and their knuckles in the shadows behind them...

Bedford

Even with the burlap sack over your head, some dim light filters through. You can make out slight shapes and shadows of people scurrying back and forth, but your vision is quickly being clouded out by black smudges at the edges of your eyes, and red flashes and sparks dancing across your limited view.

It seems you should've upped the dosage on those pills Doctor Savali prescribed you.

Mangles
2013-02-04, 03:25 PM
"What the ****. They just cut his finger off. They cut his finger off." Seth starts hyperventilating and curls up as much as he can. "We are screwed. We're screwed."

should we just start using frak, or frell or something. We are all adults here (i think). Do we need the *'s.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-04, 03:32 PM
Valentine fights hard not to vomit as she watches and listens to what happens to Bedford, filled with fear at the same happening to all of them. Suddenly, something brushes up against her hands, bringing a small gasp out of her before she can stop herself. She backs up slowly, trying not to draw the guards' attention, until she is fully up against the back of the cage. Once there, she turns her head, trying to peer into the shadows.

"Who's there?" she whispers, hope battling crippling fear as she speaks.

I'm going to be using frak, myself. BSG ftw.

Lentrax
2013-02-04, 03:40 PM
Aria starts breathing heavier as the man cuts off Bedfords finger.

She starts squirming against her bonds, trying to use her small stature to her advantage.

Escape Artist check: [roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 03:47 PM
Bedford realizes what is happening almost as soon as the sparks start up.

No. Not here, dammit! he thinks, remembering the large number of armed people he's already seen and the little boy, Not now!

positivespace
2013-02-04, 04:53 PM
Aria
You manage to loosen the chains around your hands enough that you think you could pull them away from the bars if you tried. It wouldn't be enough to free you, but at least you could crawl away from the edge of the cage.

Bedford

You're brought into a more brightly lit room, and you can make out a lot more silhouettes. You're sat down on a hard surface, and the bag torn off of your head.

You're sitting on a concrete slab in a well-lit makeshift surgery room underground, surrounded by filthy but transparent plastic curtains. Outside are various other curtained off areas, and cots and benches packed with patients of all shapes and sizes, some bloody, some half-awake, all filthy. The conditions of this place-a room meant for healing-enrages the doctor inside you for the apparent lack of care.

A dark skinned and weathered old man in a blood-stained hospital gown and a bone and feather ceremonial vest steps into the 'room', a grim smile on his face. He gives the injured hand a knowing look, and reaches into a small pouch for some large, soft red leaves like giant rose petals.

"Leaves from the stalk of the red blossom," he says in the vowel-heavy accent of the islanders, "To ward sickness and speed healing."

He cleans off your hand with some bottled water, and wraps the leaves around your hands, and the pain subsides quickly.

He turns away to a small surgical table, and then turns back to you, a red-hot iron in his hands.

"I must cauterize the wound. This will hurt for a moment."

Back at the Cage

Something chatters and growls softly behind PC! Valentine, and scrapes against the back of the cage. Hearing the sound, one of the guards raises his eyebrows and his gun towards the dark corner behind the cage and gestures for the other guard to go investigate.

The other guard shakes his head fearfully.

The businessman steps back in, knife in hand and still bloody, saying something about how his daughter needs new earrings and he's sure one of you could donate some when he sees the guards.

"What is it?"

The guard points towards the cage, and there's another growl.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-04, 05:03 PM
Seeing the guard start heading towards her side of the cage, Valentine attempts to wriggle out of her bonds.

Escape artist [roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 06:41 PM
Bedford nods quietly and mouths 'thanks' as the leaves are pressed over his hands, wincing slightly at the expected pain, and sighs as the pain is relieved and the sparks start to fade away.

And then he sees the iron. The red hot iron. Ready to burn this leaf to his stumps.

No. No. No no no no nononononononoNO!

"Listen, friend, sir, doctor-That, that right there-That is a really bad idea right now! If you could wait just a moment before you do that, we could avoid a lot of trouble!

He starts to struggle against the guards, knowing what will come as soon as the wound is burnt shut.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-04, 08:04 PM
Max seeing the guards head for Valentine in the cage gets a little worried. Ok this is getting out of hand.. I'm not just gonna sit here and let them take me like that.
Max is going to try to get loose from his chains while the guards seem to be a little busy.
Escape Artist check [roll0]

positivespace
2013-02-04, 08:38 PM
Max and PC!Valentine both manage to loosen their hands from the binding chains enough to pull them out if they need to like Aria did. The guard heading towards the back of the cage points his gun at PC!Valentine and begins to say something to her when there is a terrible, screeching howl from behind the cage!

Something large and sleek, black and metallic in color, dashes over the top of the cage too fast for you to make out what it is. Clawed feet clanger over the bars and a thick, whipping tail smashes the light and the room is bathed in darkness as the thing lunges at the guard outside the cage. There is a scream and a wet ripping sound, and flashes of light and loud bangs right above your head from the other guard firing wildly in the darkness. Your friends can be heard yelping and screaming, and the footsteps out of the room and a grunt/thud combo suggesting somebody fell on their way out before scrambling to their feet.

Screams and roars can be heard from other parts of the tunnels outside your prison...

Bedford

The muscle-men hold you tight at the doctor's request, and the iron is pressed to your hand, evaporating some of the moisture in the leaves and causing them to cling jealously to your bloody finger-stumps. The pain forces the red sparks into the forefront of your vision, and a million ideas are thought up of how you could kill everyone in this room, everyone out of this room, everyone who crosses your mind in increasingly efficient but gruesome ways even as the horrible pain begins to fade.

The lights flicker for a moment, and several howls and gunshots can be heard from outside the room. Dozens, each seeming to come from a different direction. The patients huddle together, and the muscle-men holding you loosen their grip, momentarily forgetting about you to reach for their guns.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-04, 08:46 PM
uhh ok its seriously time to get out of here if any of you can hear me and are still conscious do whatever you can to get out of your chains.. Help is not coming and I don't want to be attached to this when... that.. that.. uhh.. whatever the **** that was comes back." Max struggles as hard as he can against his chains willing his body to slide out of them. Attempting to push his joints and ligaments to their breaking point just to get out.

Attempting to get out of chains again.
Escape Artist + Action point
[roll0]
[roll1]

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 09:00 PM
Bedford roars in pain and attempts to pulls himself free of the thugs while they are distracted. If successful, he'll try to grab his gun case and bring the heavy, robust metal case down on one of the guards' head.

I'm assuming I have to make a few strength checks and an attack roll here. Not sure how much damage a gun case over the noggin does.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

positivespace
2013-02-04, 10:16 PM
Max

With some uncomfortable stretching and an unfortunate sounding pop, you manage to slip free of your chains. You can hear something large slinking about outside the cage, making its way slowly towards the other guard while the man scratches about in the pitch black darkness for another magazine for his gun.

"Max!" you hear Anne say back, her voice still ragged from her sobbing, "Max, can you get us out of here?"

"Come on, man. We're all tied up. Help us out here." Joshua says calmly, straining his feet against their chains. NPC!Valentine and Kelly, in the meantime, are still freaking out while Lee shushes them frantically.

Bedford

You easily pull free from the slackened grip of the distracted muscle-men and grab your gun case by the handle. It comes down on the head of the man who was holding your right arm with a solid THWACK!, and he staggers back before slumping to the floor and tearing several curtains down with him, his shotgun falling into his lap and a bit of blood trickling from his forehead as his eyes cross.

The other muscle-man shoves you as he fumbles for his own gun, and the doctor flees the room, several patients following him.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-04, 10:41 PM
Bedford roars again, incomprehensibly and angrily, and squats down to grab the fallen pirate(rebel?)'s shotgun. Without bothering to stand back up, he'll turn around and use it on the other guard, completely forgetting for now about the other people in the room despite some small part of his brain screaming for him to stop.

Forgot to add the improved AB from my range to the attack from the last one, not quite sure how it worked.

[roll0]+3 for attack bonus, +1 from point blank shot feat, I'm not sure if anything else should apply.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-04, 11:02 PM
Valentine scrambles to free those of her friends that remain bound while at the same time keeping an eye open for whatever that thing was that just slaughtered the guards.

"This whole situation is completely frakked, what in the hell is going on here?!" she says rather shrilly to nobody in particular as she pulls the bonds off of Val before moving to Joshua.

Let's just call NPC Valentine Val. Much simpler.

kobywan
2013-02-04, 11:15 PM
Kalen looks around stunned by the events unfolding around him. Did they just cut off his fingers? What in the hell is going on around here? He starts to try and get free of the chains attempting to wiggle out of them first than trying to break them if neccesary. He catches a glimpse of the shadowy shape and doubles his efforts.

Escape Artist [roll0]
Strength Check [roll1]

positivespace
2013-02-05, 12:57 AM
Bedford

You recognize the shotgun as a second-company remake of a Benelli Nova, a cheap but reliable composite 12 gauge sporting weapon. The thought barely registers in your head as you whip around and fire at leg level, shredding the other guard's upper thighs into a mess of bone and pulped flesh and tattered khaki pants. The man falls back, tearing down the rest of the curtains with a clatter, clutching desperately at his ruined limbs. His gun-your experience in Afghanistan helps you recognize it as an AKM-falls to the floor with a clatter, and the patients in the room with you scream and fall over one another to escape.

The Cage

Valentine manages to free Joshua and Val from their chains in the darkness while the second guard succumbs screaming to the beast just outside the cage. The chains around Kalen's wrists and ankles bend and twist beneath his might until they finally snap loose of each other, and Lee, somehow having freed himself in the dark, reaches out of the cage and yanks the gun from the now dying guard's hands, as well as part the guard's ammunition-loaded vest.

"Do any of you know how to shoot?" he asks.

kobywan
2013-02-05, 01:23 AM
I learned a little at basic but all my training recently has been with my fists and knees. Looking around the cage and seeing most of the others free Kalen sets his sights on the cage door. If it looks old and rusty he will charge into it with his shoulder trying to break the lock or bring it off its hinges.

Strength check = [roll0]

Ouch does that guard have any keys on him? Kalen says rubbing his shoulder.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-05, 01:59 AM
Bedford grabs the other guard's gun and slings it over his shoulder if he can, and quickly searches the guards for any extra ammunition or anything else of use. He clips his gun case through his belt to keep hold of it, and

Once that's done, he steps outside of the curtained area and waves the shotgun around at the crowd. If anyone points a gun at him or runs at him with a weapon or the like, he takes a shot at them.

"GO ON!" he snarls, "GET! бежать!"

Once that's clear, he'll take a peek outside of the room and try to avoid anyone else while attempting to retrace the steps he took to get back to the cage room. With any luck, the businessman would be there, ready to be killed.

Lentrax
2013-02-05, 04:04 AM
Pulling her chains from the bars, does little to help her panicked state of mind, but she gets it together enough to start rummaging the guards pockets.

Search: [roll0]
I have a feeling my low perception score is really going to hurt me...

Mangles
2013-02-05, 05:35 AM
Seth worriedly hisses at the others "Guys, what's going on? Come on guys, get me off the cage already."

positivespace
2013-02-05, 07:27 AM
Bedford
You manage to find six more shotgun shells and two magazines for the AKM on the guards, and one of them is carrying a tiny flashlight and a machete. Other than that, there's some blood soaked foreign paper money and some sort of dried leaf you'd rather not risk carrying.

Nobody else in the room is armed, but when you peek out, there are a lot of people moving around through a wider, taller tunnel. Looking around at the old, rusted equipment, lighting fixtures, and support beams, you'd guess that this used to be some sort of mine before the 'pirates' got here.

You can see an old, broken down mobile mining drill, yellow paint flaking off of it's exterior cabin and various probably important parts having fallen off of it. It would provide good cover, but it'd be hard to sneak over there. It'd be hard to sneak anywhere right now.

The Cage

The screams of the second guard die down, and for a moment there is only deathly silence in the room as everyone waits for something else to happen.

Then, noticing the screams and howls and gunshots out in the rest of the tunnels, the silhouette of whatever's in there with you slinks off for other prey.

Lee hands the gun-an AR-18-and the two magazines he found to Kalen.

"Just shoot the lock or something. I'll get everyone else up," he says, his breathing rapid but his voice calm as he sets about unchaining Seth.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Anne wonders aloud.

"I think I might've smelt oil on the way down here," Kelly offers, "There might be some cars."

"That'll work, but shouldn't we grab Johnny first? It'd be a bit of a **** move to just leave him behind like that."

"**** that guy! Who even brought him on this trip?"

Blade Conduit
2013-02-05, 08:09 AM
"Hey! That could have been any of us who's card got pulled first. Would one you want us to say **** them let's just run? Screw that I may be a criminal but I'm not that cold and I'm better than these pieces of crap who brought us here. There's safety in numbers but I'll go after him alone if I have to anyone else can fend for themselves."
Looks over at Valentine. "Anything useful?
Moving over to Seth. "Hold your horses I'm coming" Attempts to free him.
Aid another escape artist or can I just manipulate them enough?

Mangles
2013-02-05, 08:24 AM
Seth wiggles and squirms, probably doing more to hinder than help, but once free of his bonds stands up suddenly. "We can't leave him. We need him. We need all of us that we can get. Otherwise we might as well leave you behind." Seth's finger is stuck on Val's chest by the end of his small rant. He takes a deep breath. He calms down "We can't leave him"

kobywan
2013-02-05, 08:40 AM
Kalen takes the rifle and charges the weapon before aiming it at the lock. Everyone step back. He shouts. He does his best to line up the shot trying to pull the basics of shooting out from his addled brain. Breath out and squeeze. He thinks right before pulling the trigger.

I invited him, and I am going to go look for him. If you want to leave you leave on your own and without weapons. He says slowly to the group.

To Hit lock = [roll0]
Dam = [roll1]
I figured the dam was 2d8 let me know its different.
Well thats my first Nat 20 even if I have a -2 :smallsmile:

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-05, 10:56 AM
Bedford looks left, then right, and then makes a mad dash for the drill. If the cabin of the drill provides cover in all directions and has a way for him to easily exit out the other side, he'll go for that. If not, he'll dive beneath it and use the treads and the drill's presumably thick body as protection while he crawls to the other side. If fired at, he'll try to get the most protection against the direction the attack is coming from and work to get a bead on his assailant.

Assuming no attack comes, he'll get right back to trying to find his way back to the cage room.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-05, 04:19 PM
"Nothing at all useful. We're in a cage..." Valentine replies, confused. Everyone freed, she turns away from the cage door and covers her ears in preparation for Kalen shooting the lock.

positivespace
2013-02-05, 04:56 PM
The rifle being still set on automatic, it fires off the last four rounds in the magazine before clicking dry. While startling and drawing a yelp from Kelly, it does the job. The lock on the cage's door breaks and the door swings out.

Lee manages to unchain everyone else, and Kelly is cowed by the anger directed at her, especially when Anne glares at her and says, "Carmichael wanted him around. That's good enough for me."

Joshua steps out of the cage and lifts the gun off of the first dead guard, holding it out to whoever would want to take it.
"This is pretty ****ing crazy, guys. I mean...****, man...they cut his fingers off! What are we gonna do?"

"We're going to find a way out of here first," Lee says, cracking open the room's flimsy door and peering through, "Holy **** that is a lot of people running around out there..."

"Are any of them heading this way?"

"No, no...It looks like most of them are running away from something. There's another tunnel right out here and then a bigger one with a concrete floor past that..."

Bedford

Just as you start to clamber into the cabin of the drill, there is a burst of gunshots to your right, and a searing pain in your back as a bullet tears through your left shoulder, leaving a deep graze that does 2 points of damage. This only exacerbates your anger.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-05, 05:34 PM
Bedford peers out in a way that exposes as little of him as possible, using the old 'line your face up with the wall and use the corner of your eye' trick to try and get a view of whoever it is that has the gun.

Once he sees who it is, he'll stick the shotgun out around the corner of the cabin and hold it tight to the side of the drill so that he can still use the iron sights before taking the shot.

[roll0] (+1 if the target is within thirty feet)
[roll1] (+1 if the target is within thirty feet)

Bedford swears and ducks back into cover when he obviously misses, pumping the shotgun and refilling the internal magazine if he has the time.

kobywan
2013-02-05, 05:36 PM
Kalen swears loudly when the gun empties four rounds into the lock. He looks behind him to see if anyone was hurt before he fumbles to release the empty magazine. He slides one of the spare mags in before turning the thing to semi. Let keep this simple OK? Be easiest for me to follow along. He looks around the room. Where to from here.

Lentrax
2013-02-06, 02:36 AM
Aria steps up and takes the gun from Joshua. "I say we make a break for anywhere that isn't here. Eventually whatever is going on out there will be shot, or torn to pieces. Then whichever side wins will come for us. We should head for the trees. They'll give more cover."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-06, 06:34 AM
Max stops for a second and suddenly remembes those two guards were... eaten?! Jeez I gotta get out of here. He goes to search the rest of the roo, the cage was in, hoping to find his own personal stuff or something, heck anything that might be more useful than the nothing he has right now. Search check of the area. [roll0]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-06, 04:20 PM
"Getting out of here sounds like a fantastic plan," Valentine speaks up, actions suiting her words as she heads to the front of the cage, yanks the demolished padlock off and pushes the cage door open. She looks over her shoulder at her friends, jerks her head out towards freedom, and steps out, keeping a weather eye for their belongings.

Search to notice their stuff at a casual glance. [roll0]

Mangles
2013-02-06, 04:32 PM
"If we get to the forest we will be home free. I could keep us alive in there forever. I'm sure you've all seen my show anyway, so no need for me to brag." Seth follows Valentine out of the cage.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-06, 04:40 PM
"Sorry, what show? I don't watch much TV..."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-06, 07:48 PM
Max looks at Seth and he chuckles nervously, almost insanely and then abruptly stops. "Oh yeah I've seen that show, remind me again what episode it was you escaped from an underground prison cell after being abducted by guerrillas and consequently saved by some thing large enough to kill several people, take a few shots and is still very much on the loose?"
Max was starting to lose his cool and that was something he never liked doing EVER.
He had too much life left to live, too much money left to make, to much fun to have. He wasn't going to die in this ****hole and he wasn't going to let Bedford die either. "Before we even think about some forest we need to find Johnny and we need to find him now. The businessman said something about a doctor so we gotta find whatever flies for a freaking hospital here."

He walks towards the exit of the room."Somebody with a gun come up front here and if you can't then give it to me and I'll do it."

positivespace
2013-02-06, 10:43 PM
The Cage

Joshua lets Aria take the gun, a Norinco Type 79 sub-machine gun. The guard's bodies hold a dingy knife, an extra magazine for the Type 79, a deck of playing cards in a damp paperboard box, some blood soaked foreign currency, and a beat up pair of keys with the Toyata logo stamped onto it. Your IDs and the businessman's hat are also scattered across the floor, some specks of dirt and blood on most of them.

There is another dimly lit room connected to the one you are in, with concrete supported walls and a folding table with a knife, a rolled up leaf, and more white powder than you've ever seen outside of a bakery or a Scarface movie stacked up on it. The tunnel beyond that is much larger and well lit, and has a worn concrete floor and metal supports. You see small crowds of people running, screaming through it, usually to the left, and gunshots and roars echo through it.

Bedford

There are three armed men down the tunnel from the wrecked drill. One ducks as you fire, but the other two keep shooting at you on fully automatic, bullets whizzing past your head and putting heavy bents and scratches in the drill cabin.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-06, 11:44 PM
Bedford peeks up over cover just enough to take a shot at whichever gunman is closest, then puts the shotgun down and readies the AKM, checking it to make sure it's on semi-automatic.

"I suggest you mother****ers run! This is not the path you want to go down!"

[roll0] (+1 if target is within 30 feet)
[roll1] (+1 if target is within 30 feet)

kobywan
2013-02-07, 12:04 AM
Kalen grabs his ID and advances cautiously through the next room. Someone grab thoes keys. He whispers. Once at the table he will hand someone the knife and if able he will pocket a packet of the white powder. If questioned he shrugs and says. Never know, around here this may be better than money. In a flash of brilliance for the slow witted man he starts to look on the ground for the trail of blood Bedford would have left when he was taken to the "doctor".

Kalen will not shoot at anyone fleeing or unarmed but if someone points a gun at him and starts yelling he will shoot first and ask questions later. Once the group is ready he continues into the tunnel.

[roll0]
Weapon is on semiautomatic
[roll1]
[roll2]

Blade Conduit
2013-02-07, 08:07 AM
Max quickly takes the toyota keys, his id, and the knife that just cut of Bedfords fingers. Maybe I can return the favor. "Yeah you go ahead and keep that nose candy but if you find any weed you better let me ****ing know." He prepares to follow Kalen. Max will stab anyone he perceives to be a threat and is close enough.

Move Silently [roll0]

Lentrax
2013-02-07, 10:11 AM
Aria pulls the clip, checks the bullet count, slams it home again. She pulls the action lever to ensure a round is chambered, the sets the stock against her shoulder.

"I hate being in the joint. Let's get outta here."

Move Silently: [roll0]

positivespace
2013-02-07, 09:07 PM
The Cage

The Type 79's magazine is full, thankfully.

Nobody notices you or seems to care as you near the entrance to the main tunnel. To your right, the tunnel makes a sharp L-turn to it's left, from that direction come a large number of staccato gunshots, punctuated twice by the roar of a shotgun and a pained scream. To the left, the direction most of the people are running, there are a number of rusted metal doors on the other side of the tunnel.

"Crap! Which way do we go?" Anne hisses, ducking behind the armed PCs.

Hearing the sounds coming from the right, Kelly suggests, "LEFT!" and takes off down the left, clinging to the wall as she runs at a crouch as if it will protect her. Joshua follows her, and Lee reaches out one arm and calls out at a loud whisper, "Guys! Wait!"

Bedford

The nearest of your enemies takes a chestful of buckshot, and the results aren't pretty. He is thrown onto his back screaming, and one of the other men starts to drag him off while the third man ducks behind a push-cart stacked up with crates pf various sizes after sending a few wild shots over your head.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-07, 09:26 PM
"Gah, ok well I don't think the way out would be the way they took Johnny but I have no idea." What the **** this is why I only steal crap when people aren't around "Ok maybe we try to clear this area first then move on? Anyone else have any ideas?"
Going to look to the right and left
To the left [roll0]
To the right [roll1]

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-07, 09:31 PM
Bedford takes a shot at the 'pirate' dragging his wounded buddy away before he has a chance to find cover. Some part of him feels like it isn't right to do so, but the rest of him is concerned with nothing more than killing these men right now.

"Разве я не говорил сукины дети бегать?!
бежать!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-07, 10:00 PM
"I vote we run for it! We're as likely to get killed as we are accomplish anything in here. If Johnny finds his way out, awesome. There's too much sh!t going down right now, and we are all horribly unprepared!"

positivespace
2013-02-07, 10:14 PM
Tunnel

The already weak flow of people through the tunnel stops, it seems you're now the only people in this section of the tunnel. More gunshots come from the right end of the tunnel, and another agonized shout, and a man in camouflage pants and a sweat-soiled wifebeater comes tearing around the corner with a gun in his arms, sweating profusely and looking back over his shoulder as if afraid somebody is following him. When he sees you he stops, unsure of what to do.

Kelly and Joshua sidle up to one of the metal doors, Lee following after them to try and pull them back to the main group, and Joshua peers through the door, still unaware of the rebel who just came around the corner.

Bedford

You shoot the man in the gut and he falls over on top of his friend with a shout before trying in vain to crawl away and collapsing. The man behind cover starts to run down the tunnel and rounds the corner, leaving you, the wrecked rig, the two severely wounded men, and the door across the tunnel from the medical chamber you were in.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-07, 10:22 PM
Bedford won't have this.

He takes a shot at the man as he flees. If he has to get out of cover to do so, so be it. This bastard shot at Bedford. Sergeant Doctor Bedford John Little! Even after being given plenty of warning and leeway to leave! And now he wants to leave? Now he wants to be forgiven?

NO!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Blade Conduit
2013-02-07, 10:26 PM
Max suddenly realizes the guns have stopped but now there's a guard right here. "Screw this!" Max charges the guard.

Charge attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-07, 11:18 PM
Valentine darts out right after Max, putting all 100 pounds of her tiny frame into a single punch to the guard's gut, hoping to incapacitate him long enough for them all to get away.

[roll0]
[roll1] non-lethal

positivespace
2013-02-07, 11:31 PM
The man coming around the corner starts to raise his gun, but before he can shoot there's a rather large exit wound in the front of his chest. He looks down at the wound with a dismayed look on his face before being swiped at with a knife and punched in the gut. He slumps over onto the ground, eyes wide and blood pouring from his newest orifice, and twitches. The gunshot startles Joshua, who looks away from the door to see the guard collapse.

Bedford is standing behind him in front of a wrecked drill near where the tunnel ends in an unfinished wall of stone and dirt and a pair of men who look like they managed to drag themselves a few feet from where they were shot before passing out or dying. Bedford's left hand has been wrapped in burnt red leaves where his ring and pinky fingers used to be, his shirt has a large, blood-soaked tear across the back that has almost peeled the garment from his body, and a large quantity of gore is splattered across his face and upper torso, and a small spatter of blood and dark hair is stuck to the corner of the metal handgun case clipped to his belt.

He looks furious, and he's breathing rapidly and heavily while holding up an AKM at eye level.

"Johnny!" Val says with false enthusiasm, "You're still alive!"

"Holy ****, man...you okay?"

kobywan
2013-02-07, 11:31 PM
Seeing that Bedford is OK Kalen smiles briefly. Were all here now we can worry about the whys and hows later. Lets just get the frak out of dodge. The big man helps the group gather up anything that might be useful off the guards and makes for the exit. Have those keys handy if we see a vehicle we can try and use it.

[roll0]
[roll1] DM posted just as I posted these were for an attack on the guard.

positivespace
2013-02-07, 11:38 PM
After being shot, stabbed at, and punched, the guard finds himself collapsing right onto a foot to the hip.

CRACK!

Assuming he survives (an unlikely prospect), he'll probably never walk again.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-07, 11:59 PM
With only a few rounds of rage left, the injuries to make themselves known to Bedford, and he winces as he lowers his gun, seeing who it is.

"Hey, Kalen. Two bewties dead behind me and a tidy Benelli Nova in the cabin of that drill thing. I've got shells for it if you need them. No clue what's behind the door back there. Let's break," he points his AKM at the head of the guard at his feet and pulls the trigger two more times, more out of anger than anything. When Lee and Val start talking, he holds his injured hand up to them.

"You ***** can both just huck up. Just shut it now. I don't remember either of you ever appreciating the fact I was alive ten years ago when we were in school together, or five years ago when I was defending our ****ing country, or three years ago when I-" he just shakes his head and kicks the most likely corpsified guard curled up at his feet.

"Let's just get out of here while I'm still tripping balls on adrenaline."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-08, 08:03 AM
Max takes the newly deadish guards gun. "Thank god, I'm crap with a knife... Never did like getting too close to people or their blood for that matter." He looks over at Bedford, sees his blood and chuckles a little "I really really underestimated you man, to think we were gonna try and save you.. Ha! If we survive this crazy ****ing nightmare, I would like to talk to you about a few business propositions I may have." Search the guard for anything else useful
[roll0]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-08, 03:55 PM
Valentine massages her fist, wincing slightly -- never did feel good, punching somebody. However, she reminded herself that punching hurt less than getting punched.

"Good to see you're alive, Johnny," she pipes in, avoiding looking at his disfigured hand. "However, now doesn't seem like the best time for a chat. Let's get the frak out of here."

Suiting actions to words, she heads up the tunnel in the opposite direction of the one Bedford came from.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-09, 11:38 AM
Max's criminal mind starts grinding away. "Wait, I don't think we should leave yet. If we're fairly safe in here and have no idea what's out there lets try and maybe get some more supplies or a better idea of whats going on or I don't know possibly try to stop the blood that's flowing from Johnny's hand?"B and E rule one:Now that you're in try to get as much value out of your trip as possible. Rule two: Do it quick.

kobywan
2013-02-09, 11:51 AM
Kalen looks at the rest of the group to see what they think of Max's idea. The logic seems sound but the static is starting up in the fighters head again and he may not be thinking too clearly.

positivespace
2013-02-10, 02:43 PM
If the 'pirate' wasn't dead before, he is now. There's not much left of his skull, and his corpse twitches a bit when kicked. Anne clambers into the drill to take the shotgun and accepts the extra shells from Bedford with a quiet thanks whereas Lee just gives an apologetic shrug and grabs an AKM and a magazine off of one of the unconscious guards by the drill, pocketing the man's wallet and a roll of brightly colored sweets for good measure.

"Well maybe if you weren't always such an unlikable little sh*t I would have given a f*ck, but-" Val is cut off by Kelly.

"Maybe we should all get along, huh? Max has a good idea. Listen, all the noise is coming from that end of the place now! If we just stay here a while, maybe it'll all die down and we can find some way to call the police."

"They might have our stuff around here," Joshua suggests, turning away from the door he was looking into, "Does one of the dead dudes have a-"

BLAM!

Joshua falls forward onto the floor, moaning and clutching his chest with one hand, and Kelly, Val, and Lee instinctively duck. The door flies open and a bloodied man with long, dark hair jumps over Joshua and runs off, a revolver in his hand. He's shortly followed by two other men, one of whom has lighter skin than the average person of Lingor and they in turn are followed by something like the thing that attacked the guards in the cage room, roaring and snarling and stepping right over Joshua in it's pursuit.

Now that it's in the light, you can see it better. It stands on it's digitigrade hind legs, two long, clawed arms reaching out in front of it, and dark grey and black gleaming sections like metal plates make up its skin. Two eyes situated atop a long, low, upturned skull glow malevolently, and its thick, whip-like tail waves back and forth to give it balance. Anne screams and shoots the beast, but the pellets only spark off of it's hide and force it onto its side, where it flails and roars before standing up and lunging, falling just short of her and knocking Kelly over with it's tail.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-10, 03:13 PM
Max panics and tries to make sure the gun is on single fire before shooting at the thing. "Die! Die! Freak of nature Die!"
Attacking the beast [roll0]
Damage if any [roll1]

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-10, 03:27 PM
"Not really interested in breaking any laws , Max. Don't feel like losing my-JESUS ****!" Bedford raises his AKM and fires at the thing!

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm assuming we're all in thirty feet of each other? Use my photobucket if you need to host an image or something so we know where everything is. Or make your own. Whatever. Just a basic sketch of the tunnel would be nice.

kobywan
2013-02-10, 11:56 PM
Kalen stands in shock as Joshua falls to the ground bleeding. The creature than lunges into the room and the big man takes an instinctive step back from it. As the shots start to fly Kalen's brain finally catches up and he pulls the trigger. I think we overstayed our welcome its time to move.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lentrax
2013-02-11, 03:56 AM
"I'm too pretty for this. I shoulda stayed home and ran a con on some rich old guy..." Lynn mutters as she pulls the trigger.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Mangles
2013-02-11, 05:32 AM
Seth is worse than useless, with no weapon he simply cowers behind the others waiting for the fighting to be over.

positivespace
2013-02-11, 08:31 PM
Bullets ping off of the creature or fly past it, only one managing to pierce its 'flesh', causing a leak of a strange black fluid. The tail whips back the other way, knocking Val into the wall with a dry snap and a pained scream. It turns to Max, the source of it's pain, and leaps onto him, forcing him to the ground despite Max's beating on it's sides. Its foreclaws wrap around his shoulders and latch onto his back while its viciously taloned legs scrape at his stomach, leaving long, deep gashes. It roars in his face, and prepares to bite down, the sound joined by Joshua groaning loudly and Kelly and Val screaming.

Max takes six damage and is prone.

Anne fires again, more pellets sparking off of its hide, and Lee fires right over its head.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-11, 09:11 PM
"Gerroff him you gnarled son of a bitch!" Bedford presses his AKM up against the beastie (moving up to it if need be) and pulls the trigger, hoping to kill the thing before it tears too badly into Max!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Last round of rage, I believe.

Two bullets used fighting the guards, two more fired into the other one's head, and two now fired at the velociraptor thing. Hopefully the magazine was full when I grabbed it.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-11, 11:17 PM
Valentine screams in horror as the... whatever-the-frak-it-is leaps forth and starts tearing into her friends. She backs away, fists raised futilely in front of her, feeling completely useless without a weapon. She could handle people, she'd trained enough with all her boxing and MMA classes, but this... this was a whole new level of frakked up horror.

kobywan
2013-02-12, 03:17 AM
With the thing on top of Max any hope for a clear shot is dashed. Kalen once again rushes at his opponent lining up a kick for what looks like the creatures ribs. With any luck it will knock the creature off the con man.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lentrax
2013-02-12, 04:03 AM
"Max! Ohgodohgidohgod."

Aria pulls her trigger again, sending out more bullets, praying one of them hits.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Blade Conduit
2013-02-12, 07:22 AM
Max panics, drops his gun, and attempts to keep the beast from biting him.
"Get off!"
just wiggling around and such can't afford an AoO. :smalleek:

positivespace
2013-02-12, 08:01 PM
Kicking the beast feels like kicking something wrapped in thick metal sheeting, but knocks it off of Max. Bullets finally manage to penetrate its hide and thick black ooze leaks out as the beast howls in pain and swiftly limps down the tunnel away from you.

Lee rushes over to Joshua and pulls him up, his eyes widening at the small pool of blood where Joshua was laying a moment ago and the thick red stain around the wound just above his friend's heart.

"We need some help over here!"

Meanwhile, Val is struggling in vain to stand up, her right leg twisted in an unnatural way that makes her scream in pain whenever pressure is applied to it. Anne fires off another shot after the fleeing monster, shouting at it, and Kelly stares at Max's newly opened stomach, a hand over her mouth in shock.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-12, 08:15 PM
Max looks down at his stomach, his head immediately falls back. A barely audible word escapes his lips. "medic...?"

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-12, 09:28 PM
Bedford grunts and drops 'his' AKM, breathing raggedly as pain and fatigue overtake him. He just wants to curl up and take a nap. It'll be fine. It'll all be fine.

But it's too noisy here. All this screaming. So many people screaming. Why can't they just be quiet?

Well, maybe they're hurt. Wouldn't he feel bad if he took a nap now or told them to be quiet and they were hurt? Only a total **** would ever do that. Maybe he should check on them before he lets the shadows in the corner of his eyes take over?

Okay. Fine. If guilt trips are the way it's going.

Bedford looks over Max and Joshua, his skin pale and his pupils wide enough to almost cover up the orange parts of his irises. There's so much blood. That's never good. He can't sleep now. People are hurt. People need help. People need his help. He can't let them down. It'll never happen again. He'll fix people and make them feel better and care for them and protect them and never let them be hurt again and everyone will like him and it will be nice and calm and oh God he just killed five men, didn't he?

And then he hears that word. That hellish, angelic word.

"Medic."

Snap out of it, you duw gwrthodedig pansy!

He shakes his head.

"The room I just came out of was supposed to be a hospital. Somebody go search it for gauze, tweezers, a scalpel, stitching thread and a needle, and anything else you can find. Somebody else check those two rooms," he points to the door the metal 'velociraptor' came from and the door next to it, "For anything else I can use. And that other guard by the drill. He might have something."

If anyone argues with him, he'll snarl at them and move on.

"Val, stop trying to stand up. Your leg's south to grim town, don't put pressure on it. Lee, stand Joshua up and lean him forward before the lug's blood pools in his chest. Max, I need you to lie there and slow your breathing, alright? That beastie had a bit of doo in your gut, and I need to figure out how bad it is."

Treat injury to gauge how bad everyone's injuries are. Not including his own, that can wait.
[roll0]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-12, 09:49 PM
As the monstrosity flees, Valentine relaxes and lets her arms fall to her sides. She gazes wide-eyed around at the havoc and carnage it had wreaked among her group, thankful she had escaped unscathed but feeling terrible for her friends that hadn't.

When Bedford calls for somebody to gather supplies from the infirmary, her legs carry her down the indicated door quick as can be, and she fills her arms with as many supplies as she can carry. While there, she looks for anything that can be used as a weapon - even if that monster came back, she didn't want to find herself defenseless again.

kobywan
2013-02-13, 01:34 AM
Kalen stands there as everyone starts yelling. The blood, death and vicious attacks finally taking its toll on the large man. He watches as people move around him but is very slow to respond. Not this, not now. The is why everyone thins I'm so stupid. The static noise begins to build and its all he can do to concentrate on his general area.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mangles
2013-02-13, 03:37 AM
Seth follows Bedford's orders and runs after Valentine, grabbing supplies. He's learnt not to argue when Bedford gets into a mood.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-13, 06:28 AM
"Just lay here? I can handle that."
Max begins thinking about his life. The choices he's made that led him to this moment. He wonders if maybe he made some really big mistakes somewhere along the way. He wonders if maybe this is karma catching up to him. He shakes his head a little. Then he winces in pain and it slowly turns into a smile. nah, he thinks,I'd do it all the same if I had a second chance.

positivespace
2013-02-13, 08:34 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything else sneaking up on the group, but there's still roars, gunshots, and the occasional long, low rumble from the far end of the tunnel.

"Oh God, my leg!" Val looks like she's on the verge of tears as she clutches her broken limb, "Johnny, ****ing fix it!"

Lee obeys and lifts Joshua up at an angle to help drain the blood from the wound. Examination shows that while Max's wound has more surface area, it's actually mostly shallow flesh. It bleeds and hurts plenty and should probably get some stitches and antibiotics, but no internal organs are damaged.

Joshua's wound is about two inches above his heart, right below his collarbone. It's downward from the back of his shoulder, and while it's missed his lungs, heart, and the nearby artery the force of the bullet has pulped a lot of the flesh around the area. It's pretty bad, and bleeding a lot.

Valentine and Seth

The tossed-together hospital is a well-lit room with full concrete walls, pillars in the center of the room, and cots and benches and folding tables along the walls. Several of these are tossed over, the room showing signs of hurried evacuation. There's a set of clear plastic curtains collapsed over a surgical tray table and a concrete slab. Two bodies lie beneath the shower curtains, one sitting slumped against the concrete slab and the other lying in a pool of blood still gushing from ruined legs. There are bloody shoeprints all around the room.
Towards the back end of the room, past the trashed surgical area, there is a wall covered in shelves bearing a variety of medical tools and first aid kits and exotic dried things of questionable origin and use and medicines with names written in Spanish, Chinese, and Russian.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-15, 12:04 PM
"Val, please, just stay there a moment!"

Bedford lifts Joshua's left arm up and puts pressure on the area around the wound and the area right beneath his armpit to slow the bleeding.

"I'm not going to bother to dig the bullet out right now. It's a terrible idea. I just need you to calm down a bit, all right, Joshua? Joshua, don't fall asleep, okay? You need to stay away, but take slow, deep breaths, alright? Your collarbone doesn't seem to be broken, and nothing major has been hit, but there's still a bit of pulping, so don't move your arm too much, alright?"

He turns around to look at the others still there.

"Why are you all still here?" he shouts, "Go! I'm going to need something to work with! And somebody cut Max's shirt off but do not move him, alright? We need to keep his gut clean."

kobywan
2013-02-15, 01:08 PM
Bedford, I don't think we have time to do a full field triage. I will wrap Max's stomach with his shirt you do your best there and we need to get out.

Ripping the shredded shirt off the Max is easy for the MMA fighter. Need to work on your six pack man, the ladies love it. Kalen says with a wink. Using the shirt Kalen wraps it around the wounds and ties it in place. OK just press on it to help stop the bleeding.

Kalen than goes back to watching the tunnel for hostiles, taking shelter by the drill.

[roll0]

Blade Conduit
2013-02-15, 01:17 PM
"They also love jewelry and I can get that without working a sweat." Max absent mindedly looks down at the blood coming from his stomach. "like thanksgiving with the family" he chuckles "With this many wounded we aren't going anywhere fast and honestly I think fast is the only way we can survive rigt now. If that clinic?? Or whatever has supplies we need to take what we can."
Max then looks over at Val and whispers to Kalen "She's not going anywhere on that leg without a lot of help. We need a vehicle but we shouldn't split up either. I don't know what the right answer is but I know if I find that freak or that guy in the suit I'm doing anything I can to end them"

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-15, 01:30 PM
"Kalen, I know you mean well, but wrapping his shirt around him or moving them without some basic first aid first is the worst thing we could do right now," Bedford's voice is a lot calmer now, especially when speaking with Kalen, someone he actually perceived as a friend in school, "I just need to stop the bleeding, put some quick sutures on Max, and splint Val's leg. Once I have everything I need, it'll be about five minutes."

"Max is right, though. We need to find a car or something."

kobywan
2013-02-16, 06:09 AM
Kalen nods at Bedford. OK just make it quick. As for the car we are going to have to look once we get outside. I have seen enough movies like "Aliens" and "Scream" to know that two people go off alone and one if not both of them don't come back.

Kalen scans the tunnel again rifle at the ready. You guys do realize we are, like in an "Aliens" movie right? Kalen looks at Max's stomach again. Your lucky that thing didn't try and kiss you. Might be dealing with a chest wound later on. He says with a smile

[roll0]
[roll1]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-16, 09:21 AM
Valentine comes scrambling back, dropping all the supplies she could carry in a pile at Bedford's feet.

"Any of this useful?" she says worriedly.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-17, 07:28 PM
"I can probably make do with that. Thanks," Bedford sets Joshua down onto his back and cleans the wound. Once it's clean and done bleeding, he'll bandage it tightly and layer plastic wrap over it with a single air hole in case there's any threat to Joshua's chest pressure. He'll then flip him over and do the same.

Once Joshua's taken care of, he'll move on to Max, carefully cleaning his wound and cutting away the shirt with anything available.

"This might take anywhere from ten minutes to an hour, Max, so I need you to sit still."

This wound, being a laceration to the gut, will require some careful suturing to keep internal organs from pressing against the wounded tissue.

And assuming nothing interrupts him before that's done, he'll move on to Val, apologize briefly before setting her leg and putting it in a splint to keep it from moving any more. If no splint materials are available, he'll break a piece of wood from a door or something similar and tie it on by cutting off the ends of his jeans.

After that, he'll remove his now-bloodsoaked shirt and present the wound on his back.

"How bad is it?"

[roll0] For treat injury on Joshua. Not going to attempt surgery to remove the bullet if it's not doing any more damage to him. Ten from skill and feat and +2 from healing knack.

[roll1] For Surgery to stitch up Max's stomach properly.

[roll2] To splint Val's Leg.

Blade Conduit
2013-02-17, 07:37 PM
Max gets up slowly and looks carefully at the stitches in his stomach. "So uhh.. what kind of insurance do you take? he chuckles at his own joke and then remembers whats going on. He looks over at Bedford's back.
Treat Injury to see if I have any idea whats going on
"Uhh I really don't have any idea what I'm talking about Johnny but it doesn't look good man. Who's gonna patch you up?" He looks around at the others to see if any of them can handle this. "I'm gonna keep an eye out to see whats going on somebody do something about Johnny?"
Spot and Listen respectively [roll]1d20+1 1d20+1Forgot ya can't do that.. heh

positivespace
2013-02-17, 11:34 PM
Bedford manages to patch up Joshua's wound and talk him away from the edge of shock, and Max's gut is stitched up over the course of about fifteen minutes. It's a temporary job, painful, and will probably pull under too much stress, but it's better than running around with your small intestine hanging out.

Val's leg is splinted, and she mutters a quiet, spite-filled thanks, but there's still no way she'll be able to walk, and she's stills crying a bit from the pain.

This tunnel has been abandoned, but gunshots and engine noises can be heard, as well as the rattling of something big and metal.

"Sounds like...cars? Garage door? Something like that?" Kelly offers, running over to the other dead guard and taking a UMP .45 off of him, along with two magazines, a wallet, a small pouch of .45 handgun ammunition, and a pocket knife, "And guns. Lots of guns."

Joshua stands up with Lee's help and gives a thumbs up. Lee uses one arm to help Joshua stand and the other to hold his AKM.
"That looks pretty nasty, man. Right down the back."

"Not much muscle tissue damage, I don't think. I mean, it doesn't look like it cut into your trapezius."

Val gives Lee an odd look.

"What? If you work out, you've gotta know what muscles you're working on."

"I'm not going to make fun of you for training to be a surgeon."

"You made fun of Bedford for wanting to be a doctor, and you made fun of Kalen and Seth for that bull**** with the-"

"Oh,shut the fu-"

"Both of you shut up. We need to figure out what to do. I don't know if we have much of a choice where we go right now. What's behind those two doors?" Anne gestures towards the two doors, keeping her weapon trained on the slightly open one the gunman burst out of.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-18, 12:15 AM
"Tri-Care," Bedford says without thinking while patching Max up.

When the verdicts on his back are given, he shrugs. He's now shirtless, wearing jeans that have been torn down to short length, and covered in blood, and he just had his fingers cut off and his hand burnt. Not much is overcoming the initial surprise from that right now.

"We need to check these rooms. But first," he points over to the drill, "Let's get our wounded into cover. Lee, Kelly, you stay and guard Joshua, Val, and Max once we get them back there. Kelly, take my AK, I'm going to need your weapon. It uses the same munitions as my sidearm. Anyone without a firearm should probably stay behind as well, but we might find more weapons. Have any of you ever seen a war movie where four or six people stack up and clear a room, minimize loss? I'm thinking we do that. Anne, you're with me. Seth, take Max's gun. Valentine, I need you in here, too, or give your gun to Kalen. Kalen, I want you with me on this anyways. It's close quarters and you've got the mother****ingest right hook I've ever seen."

If nobody puts up an argument, Bedford will fireman carry Val over to the drill and show Lee, Kelly, and anyone else staying behind the best spots to take cover and watch and recite the five basic rules of firearms and combat to them until they can say them back. He'll give all his AKM munitions to Kelly if she trades weapons with him.

"Alright, I stack up front. Anne, behind me, Seth, behind her, Val, if you're coming you sit after that, and Kalen comes last. When everyone is ready, Kalen pushes forward, we push that on, and then if we're all ready, we push back, and then Kalen pushes forward a second time, runs around, kicks open the door, and I head in and clear the right. Anne, you clear the left. Seth, you clear the right ahead of me, and Kalen or Valentine covers the far left. If Valentine comes in, too, Kalen falls in behind me. We get in about ten feet, we go to our knees and cover all fields of fire. We take this slow and smooth, alright?"

kobywan
2013-02-18, 12:22 AM
Kalen nods at Bedford as he explains the procedure. Never got that far into the tactics of things but I am good at breaking people. Kalen takes his spot at the back of the "entry team" and waits for his signal. When ready he rushes the door giving it a couple hard kicks to break it open,

[roll0]
[roll1]

Daftendirekt
2013-02-18, 05:15 AM
Valentine mutely holds up her empty hands, indicating her lack of a gun, then shrugs and grins sheepishly.

"I've got a hell of a right hook too, though. Not as heavy as Kalen's, but it'll do. No good with a gun anyway after that accident fracked up my shoulder."

Blade Conduit
2013-02-18, 08:10 AM
"Ok, I don't like giving up my gun and I don't like splitting us up but I am not gonna argue with the guy who's stitches are keeping my insides on the inside" Max gives up his gun and gets onto the drill and tries to find a comfortable spot to sit. While up there he pokes around to see if he can find anything else up there of any value whatsoever.
Searching the drill [roll0]

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-18, 12:12 PM
"Hmm?" Bedford looks at Valentine, "Oh! ****, er...sorry, bit addled right now."

He looks over the situation again.

"Alright, here, same plan, but take the umpa four-five, I've got something else."

He opens up the case on his belt and pulls out what's inside-A well-crafted Springfield Arms m1911 custom, with polished nickel plating and a wood grip, with an illuminator attached to the end. Along the barrel, several names are engraved in the nickel. Bedford grins as he slides a magazine into the sidearm and pulls back the slide.

"I like the classics."

Mangles
2013-02-20, 06:35 AM
ummm...anyone got a gun for me. I feel a bit useless, even though I've hunted animals with knifes and all, I haven't hunted a robot dinosaur before.

Seth holds out his hands hoping someone has a spare anything.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-21, 01:15 AM
"Take Max's gun. He's too injured to be any use right now. He needs to rest," Bedford takes his place by the door, on the side it opens to so he can buttonhook it.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-22, 06:15 PM
Valentine takes the submachine gun offered her by Bedford and hefts it awkwardly, the fear of their whole situation still writ plainly on her face as they prepare to move out.

"I'll try not to shoot any of you on accident," she says with a nervous laugh, trying to break the tension.

Mangles
2013-02-22, 07:32 PM
Seth goes to take the gun off Max. "Don't worry. I'll keep you covered, but we can't put too much strain on you right now."

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-23, 11:42 AM
"Just keep your weapons on semi and keep your lane clear. If you see someone, let the rest of us know. This is no time or place for us to be quiet. And use the damned sights. When we go in, I buttonhook around the door and take the corner on the left, then move along the path of least resistance to the other side of the room. Anne, you do the same on the other side. Seth, you check the corner in front of me and then move the corner by the door on the side I head to, Valentine, you do the same on the other side. Kalen, you pop in, check the high areas, and then fall in behind me. We all clear?" Bedford explains, ready to give the instructions again if he needs to.

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-25, 12:55 AM
Once the ready signal is given and Kalen throws the door open, Bedford bursts in and follows the plan for breaching, keeping his eye where his handgun is pointed, calling out what he sees for the rest to know and automatically firing on any enemies seen.

Mangles
2013-02-25, 02:41 AM
Seth follows Bedfords instructions as best he can. Following him in and checking the far corner for anything.

Daftendirekt
2013-02-25, 06:16 AM
Valentine moves into the room after Bedford, gun half-raised and eyes wide open so as to not be caught off-guard, thoughts of disbelief at their situation still running through her head. She checks her corner, and gives the all-clear to Bedford.

Lentrax
2013-02-25, 12:01 PM
Aria waits in the other room, still unsure of what is going on.

After everyone else goes in, she will enter, gun held at the ready.

Good thing I trained at the gun range when I was scamming that country club back in New York.

Of course, Freaky Mutant target was not on the list of available training options...

kobywan
2013-02-27, 11:10 PM
Lets just get out of this building and find a place to lay low for a bit. Kalen looks around nervously and starts to leave the room. We have spent too much time in here.

He stays sharp and does his best to shake off any fits of static that slice into his thoughts.

[roll0]
[roll1]

positivespace
2013-03-01, 10:46 AM
(Sorry. Didn;t realise that forum ate my post.)

The room beyond is a relatively small locker room, with three rows of lockers in between the ones lining the walls. There are two mutilated bodies on the floor, and a mess of bloody clawprints on the floor, wall, and even the ceiling in some places.

Towards the end of the locker room is a unisex restroom with a broken air vent cover lying on the floor beneath the actual vent.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-01, 11:05 AM
Max sees his friends file into the room beyond the door. After a few seconds of silence he assumes the best. "So what's in there? What's going on? Anything useful.." he then smiles an evil little grin "Anything valuable?" He slowly gets off the drill ad makes his way over to the door.

kobywan
2013-03-01, 05:58 PM
This is just like Aliens. Kalen looks around worriedly. They are in the Air Vents. He says loudly before turning around to take cover at the door they just entered watching the hall. I still vote that we leave guys we spent too much time here. Any benches in here we could rip up and use to drag Val out of here on? He asks the group.

TechnoScrabble
2013-03-01, 06:34 PM
"Room clear, two unidentified casualties! Keep the chatter to a minimum!"

Bedford opens a few lockers for a quick look through for anything useful, not a full search, just a peek. If there aren't any benches or the benches can't be ripped up, that's too bad. He can carry Val.

positivespace
2013-03-07, 11:39 PM
((Sorry guys, the forum at my post again.))

In the lockers are clothes, mostly dirty old rags, but with some decent jungle camo jackets and cargo pants in there as well.

There are battered metal benches in the room, but they're bolted to the floor...

TechnoScrabble
2013-04-22, 04:18 PM
Bedford grabs any clothes that are his size, preferably clean ones, and puts them on, remembering to move everything from one set of pockets to another. He doesn't really care about the fact there are other people in the room while he changes, he's wearing boxers anyways. He'll grab extra sets of the camouflage clothes, figuring everyone else will probably need some, too.

"Kalen, do you think you could rip one of these benches up?"