PDA

View Full Version : dodo monster?

Venger
2013-02-03, 12:30 AM
combat this week left off on a cliffhanger since it got late. the party was facing off against a monster that:

was a magical beast
looked like a giant dodo bird
had energy resistance
had powers to become resistant to the most recent energy attack (hit with fire, becomes fire resistant)
SR 26

what is this monster? we rolled high enough on the chart to ID it (arcana 49) we just didn't get a name. the DM showed us a picture, I'm just sort of amazed because I've never seen this ridiculous looking monster before and I've been playing this game for quite some time.

satorian
2013-02-03, 12:50 AM
Could it be the Achaierai?

Venger
2013-02-03, 12:59 AM
Could it be the Achaierai?

I'm afraid not. I did see a picture of it, and it just looked like a dodo with a t-rex tail. it wasn't the achaierai

Tanuki Tales
2013-02-03, 01:06 AM
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

Arutema
2013-02-03, 01:27 AM
That does indeed sound like the Jubjub Bird. (Pathfinder bestiary 3).

Venger
2013-02-03, 01:49 AM
I'm pretty sure that this is the monster. it's got the energy power and it looks like a dodo.

what the hell kind of monster is this? it looks ridiculous

thanks for your help, guys. we're playing a 3.5 game, but occasionally the DM will throw in a PF monster. if I'd known I would've put it in the thread header.

Tanuki Tales
2013-02-03, 02:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that this is the monster. it's got the energy power and it looks like a dodo.

what the hell kind of monster is this? it looks ridiculous

thanks for your help, guys. we're playing a 3.5 game, but occasionally the DM will throw in a PF monster. if I'd known I would've put it in the thread header.

*grumbles* Stupid server crash losing my post...

Lewis Carrol gave us the creature itself. As for the fluff, well, the Jubjub is the weakest of a group of creatures called the Tanes. Basically they're Bio-Weapons of Mass Destruction made by incredibly powerful Fey (who are essentially gods onto themselves) for giggles. So in a way, they're Fey Tarrasques.

Venger
2013-02-03, 02:45 AM
*grumbles* Stupid server crash losing my post...

Lewis Carrol gave us the creature itself. As for the fluff, well, the Jubjub is the weakest of a group of creatures called the Tanes. Basically they're Bio-Weapons of Mass Destruction made by incredibly powerful Fey (who are essentially gods onto themselves) for giggles. So in a way, they're Fey Tarrasques.

oh, no, I'm familiar with jabberwocky and the original source for the "jubjub bird" but I didn't know it was a D&D monster. that's where my confusion stemmed from.

huh. how odd.