View Full Version : Claremont Academy IC- The First Day

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-03, 12:39 AM
The bus pulls up to the esteemed Claremont Academy, gravel crackling under the tires as the brakes slowly brings it to a stop. The driver turns around in his seat.

"Everyone stay seated, listen up!"

The doors open as a tall blonde man wearing a whistle and clasping a clipboard walks on.

He begins to speak, but the bus fails to fall silent.

The driver stands and turns around

"All you kids, shut up! Mr. Archer is trying to talk!"

"Thank you Ted."

Mr. Archer smiles warmly at the driver and starts again.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Archer, but you can call me Coach if you're lucky enough to make one of the teams."

He chuckles.

"Alright, so let's not beat around the bush. You are all here because of either extraordinary powers, non-standard technology, or mystical training. So is everyone else at the school. You're not here to cause trouble, you're not here to fight the establishment, you're here to learn. Learn how to be better people, better citizens, and hopefully better heroes, but most of all, you're here to be better scholars."

He steps back off the bus.

"Now come on out and line up, I need to check you're all here!"

Togath
2013-02-03, 01:04 AM
One of the first in line, a girl of about average height, with brown ahir and eyes walks up the man and says "I am Notaru Shiryou" in a calm voice.
She wears a simple blue blouse and a long green and black skirt, from behind you can also see what appears to be a USB port on the back of her neck.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-03, 01:27 AM
<"No need to be so formal Taru-chan,"> Jessica says in fluent, albeit accented, Japanese, rubbing the back of her head, she stretched lightly, before standing next to Notaru, "Jessica Shiryou," she introduces herself.

She's of above average height, with raven black hair that falls roughly halfway down her back, pale skin, and surprisingly bright blue grey eyes that held a half-lidded, bored expression. Her build is lithe, but not very muscular. A black tanktop and a pair of jeans give her a down to earth appearance rather than making her look like a japanese schoolgirl, though the fingerless gloves give a 'ready to fight' look. Her shoes are slip-ons.

"So, when do classes start?" she asks in unaccented english.

Glarx
2013-02-03, 01:32 AM
Saya was towards the back of the bus, the brim of her hat masking her face in shadow. She'd been watching the world outside the window, and now that the bus was at a halt, felt a longing to be outside. At least there she could smoke. The desire for nicotine was building in her temples. A line was forming as the students queued up for this first examination.

Saya stood up and put a cigarette in her mouth. At the very least it was comforting. This wasn't her element.

She was at the back of the line, and would have to wait until the other students were off before she could exit. Unless she wanted to break out of the back, but that seemed... counter-productive.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-03, 01:38 AM
"No need to be so formal Taru-chan," Jessica says in fluent, albeit accented, Japanese, rubbing the back of her head, she stretched lightly, before standing next to Notaru, "Jessica Shiryou," she introduces herself.

She's of above average height, with raven black hair that falls roughly halfway down her back, pale skin, and surprisingly bright blue grey eyes that held a half-lidded, bored expression. Her build is lithe, but not very muscular. A black tanktop and a pair of jeans give her a down to earth appearance rather than making her look like a japanese schoolgirl, though the fingerless gloves give a 'ready to fight' look. Her shoes are slip-ons.

"So, when do classes start?" she asks in unaccented english.

"Tomorrow, we thought we'd give you a day to get settled in first. After ori-"

Mr. Archer seems to go out of focus for a moment

Saya was towards the back of the bus, the brim of her hat masking her face in shadow. She'd been watching the world outside the window, and now that the bus was at a halt, felt a longing to be outside. At least there she could smoke. The desire for nicotine was building in her temples. A line was forming as the students queued up for this first examination.

Saya stood up and put a cigarette in her mouth. At the very least it was comforting. This wasn't her element.

She was at the back of the line, and would have to wait until the other students were off before she could exit. Unless she wanted to break out of the back, but that seemed... counter-productive.

Say feels a gust of wind, and notices her cigarette is gone

"-entation, of course."

Mr. Archer holds up a cigarette.

"This, by the way kids, is not something that leads to a healthy student."

Glarx
2013-02-03, 01:39 AM
Saya ground her teeth together. "Good to know stealing is acceptable." It was a quiet little statement, under the breath, but she didn't doubt someone would hear it.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-03, 01:51 AM
"Kuso," Jessica mutters, using, "you know not all students have that problem," she says, checking to see if her own cigarettes were still in her pocket, "and just because you don't approve doesn't mean you should just take it, they do cost money," she says offhandedly, keeping that same bored expression and tone the entire time she was speaking, just before the cigarette digitized, turning into a green latice structure, which promptly vanished and reappearing in the coach's mouth, "though if you wanted one you could have just asked," she digitizes the cigarettes in her pocket as well, to keep them from being confiscated.

Little bit of fun at the start, and setting up Jess's character. She will say several phrases in Japanese, which will appear in Romanji (english characters), but I will use <these> to signify when she's actually speaking in Japanese.

"Kuso" is roughly equivalent to "Damn"

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-03, 02:22 AM
Roland watched as the drama unfolded in front of him, as the he sat at the back of the bus he assumed that the brooding one with the big hat would be cause trouble. He had learnt that it was best to let trouble lead you because it makes you look all the better. Roland just moved along in his position in the line waiting to say his name to the man. He wasn't used to not being the center of attention and very muhc enjoyed the anominity someone like her provided him.

"Roland Owen Bishop. No aliases, no alternate identity. Just Roland Owen Bishop." He said to the man with a small smirk, "is there any other obvious rules that need to be said because I wouldn't want to do something wrong on my first day?"

sdeligar
2013-02-03, 03:10 AM
Chewing on the end of a pen cap Michael yawns as he follows the others off the bus glad to be able to stretch his legs. He looks around the school somewhere between sleep and boredom. He does straighten up as gives a little display of power with the cig thinking to himself, Gotta remember in this place random breezes may not be so random.

Stifling another yawn he decides to get his introduction out of the way. "Michael Oreus....does the rest really matter?"

Mekboy
2013-02-03, 06:54 AM
Stretching, Emily stepped off the bus. There had been slightly too little leg room for her, and her legs ached. Joining the line of students, she took a moment to study her new classmates. Seemed like an odd bunch, but then again she wasn't really the best judge of that.

"Emily Anders, sir." She paused, considering whether to mention her actual name, before deciding against it. Probably best just not to mention anything else for now.

Squares
2013-02-03, 09:18 PM
Irene steps off quietly, joining the line. "Irene Rosewater," she states simply.
She is dressed plainly in a knee-length pleated gray skirt, white blouse, black flats and white knee socks.

Glarx
2013-02-03, 09:21 PM
Once the other students were off, Saya looked into the eyes of the blonde man. "Saya Guerrisimo."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-03, 09:40 PM
Archer begins crossing names off his list.

"Kuso," Jessica mutters, using, "you know not all students have that problem," she says, checking to see if her own cigarettes were still in her pocket, "and just because you don't approve doesn't mean you should just take it, they do cost money," she says offhandedly, keeping that same bored expression and tone the entire time she was speaking, just before the cigarette digitized, turning into a green latice structure, which promptly vanished and reappearing in the coach's mouth, "though if you wanted one you could have just asked," she digitizes the cigarettes in her pocket as well, to keep them from being confiscated.

Mr. Archer plucks the cigarette from his mouth.

Little bit of fun at the start, and setting up Jess's character. She will say several phrases in Japanese, which will appear in Romanji (english characters), but I will use <these> to signify when she's actually speaking in Japanese.

"Kuso" is roughly equivalent to "Damn"

"Huh. Well played Miss Shiryou, and you're right."

Roland watched as the drama unfolded in front of him, as the he sat at the back of the bus he assumed that the brooding one with the big hat would be cause trouble. He had learnt that it was best to let trouble lead you because it makes you look all the better. Roland just moved along in his position in the line waiting to say his name to the man. He wasn't used to not being the center of attention and very muhc enjoyed the anominity someone like her provided him.

"Roland Owen Bishop. No aliases, no alternate identity. Just Roland Owen Bishop." He said to the man with a small smirk, "is there any other obvious rules that need to be said because I wouldn't want to do something wrong on my first day?"

"Well Mr. Bishop, I'm sure a chess motif could be worked up for you. No, nothing obvious."

Chewing on the end of a pen cap Michael yawns as he follows the others off the bus glad to be able to stretch his legs. He looks around the school somewhere between sleep and boredom. He does straighten up as gives a little display of power with the cig thinking to himself, Gotta remember in this place random breezes may not be so random.

Stifling another yawn he decides to get his introduction out of the way. "Michael Oreus....does the rest really matter?"

"I think you'll find Mr. Oreus, that it always does."

Once the other students were off, Saya looked into the eyes of the blonde man. "Saya Guerrisimo."

"Well Miss Guerrisimo, I'm sure you and I will become fast friends."

He smiles, and as Saya passes he palms her cigarette back into her hand.

The last person off the bus, having waved Saya off first in front of her, is a mid 20s asian woman. Her hair is gelled to one side and she wears a dark orange hoodie, reminiscent of a federal prison uniform. She doesn't say anything to any of the students, but walks up to Archer, unceremoniously grabs the clipboard, and crosses a name off.

She then walks towards the school, putting some earbuds in to listen to music.

Glarx
2013-02-03, 09:43 PM
Saya tucked the cigarette into a pocket and put the Asian in her mind. The school might officially be against causing trouble, but she wasn't. And being waved off like some... well, kid -- that wasn't acceptable. Saya wondered idly whether or not the woman could live without breathing for a few minutes. Not too many... just ten. The thought churned inside of her, but Saya controlled the anger. That wasn't her thinking, not anymore.

Standing near the other students, Saya waited to see what the school had in mind for this orientation.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-03, 10:54 PM
Standing near the other students, Saya waited to see what the school had in mind for this orientation.

"So what was with the big show about the cigs? One of those against the establishment types? rebeling against authority just because it is authority?" Roland whispers to Saya, that small smirk on his face knowing that he was stirring up trouble that he could easily slip out of.

Glarx
2013-02-03, 10:56 PM
"Didn't know putting a cigarette in my mouth was a big show," she said with a shrug. "I ain't the one who made it appear in his mouth. All I want is to smoke before my head splits open. Not too much to ask for."

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-03, 11:12 PM
"I was merely stating a fact," Jess says, having overheard what was said, "cigarettes do cost money, and taking them as such is the same as taking someone's money, hence, it is synonymous to stealing. Made the same arguement at my last school when one of the teachers confiscated my cigs and refused to give them back," she continues, "I got them back because of it."

Squares
2013-02-03, 11:33 PM
Irene watches the other students carefully, paying little attention to the loud man with the clipboard. She wonders whether her attending Claremont Academy will prove worthwhile, or if her posting at the school will have been in vain. She hopes that the psychic link with her mentor will still be working once she enters the school itself; she hadn't been told whether there was psychic shielding within the academy.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-04, 12:00 AM
"I was merely stating a fact," Jess says, having overheard what was said, "cigarettes do cost money, and taking them as such is the same as taking someone's money, hence, it is synonymous to stealing. Made the same arguement at my last school when one of the teachers confiscated my cigs and refused to give them back," she continues, "I got them back because of it."

"I don't quite think this is like the other schools and I don't think he is like the other teachers." Roland whispers under his breath keeping that smirk up, "however a good attempt if ill placed. So are you two together or something or are you just looking to be together?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-04, 02:05 AM
"I'm not adverse to a relationship, but it does depend on who you mean, if you mean Taru-chan, she's an android I built three years ago, she's more of a little sister than anything else," Jess replies, "if you mean Guerrisimo-san, then I've only just met her and do not know enough about her to be interested or uninterested as the case may be."

All of that was said in a bored cadence and with a similarly bored expression on her face, "though the fact that you suggested I was interested in women says something about yourself, Bishop-san," here she smirks, "even if I do not mind the idea myself," with that, she heads to wherever the Orientation would be held.

She is using Japanese suffixes and the common use of the surname in place of the given name for people she is unfamiliar with.

And no, Jess isn't a lesbian, she's bi.

Glarx
2013-02-04, 02:16 AM
Uninterested, you mean. You're currently disinterested. (http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/disinterested-versus-uninterested.aspx) :smallwink:

Saya watched the strange-speaking woman walk off. "I just want to smoke," she added, adjusting her hat and beginning to walk towards whatever it is the faculty was directing them. If there was no such official indication, she'd stay put and light a cigarette.

"So, what's your name again?" she asked Roland, either exhaling a stream of smoke if there was no official guide to the orientatino or as they walked off.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-04, 02:27 AM
"I'm not adverse to a relationship, but it does depend on who you mean, if you mean Taru-chan, she's an android I built three years ago, she's more of a little sister than anything else," Jess replies, "if you mean Guerrisimo-san, then I've only just met her and do not know enough about her to be interested or disinterested as the case may be."

All of that was said in a bored cadence and with a similarly bored expression on her face, "though the fact that you suggested I was interested in women says something about yourself, Bishop-san," here she smirks, "even if I do not mind the idea myself," with that, she heads to wherever the Orientation would be held.

"Well I will keep that in mind." he whispered under his breath.

He turns his focus to Saya considering the other one seems to have something better to do. "My name is Roland, I geuss you could call myself a mage. none of that make a rabbit appear stuff though, last time I tried that things went...badly." Roland speaks while walking beside her, "So what do you do, I mean besides the whole "smoking a full pack a day" thing?"

Glarx
2013-02-04, 02:29 AM
Saya shrugged. "Dodge school as much as I can, stay out of trouble with the law, keep my head down. That sort of stuff. I wouldn't want to bore you. But you didn't hurt that rabbit, did you?"

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-04, 03:04 AM
Saya shrugged. "Dodge school as much as I can, stay out of trouble with the law, keep my head down. That sort of stuff. I wouldn't want to bore you. But you didn't hurt that rabbit, did you?"

"Well I didn't hurt a "rabbit" if that makes you feel any better." Roland said with finger quotations included, " I sort of gathered that you were the drop out type based on first impressions. What I meant was what do you do on a superpowered front, I mean I am pretty sure that everyone here has some reason they are here." Roland says trying to do his best to make small talk, something he was never fond of doing in the first place.

Glarx
2013-02-04, 03:08 AM
"I'm strong and I'm fast," she said, noting the condescension in his words. "And it does make me feel better. If you've got to kill, make it a human. They've got the ability to determine right from wrong -- animals don't. Makes them innocent."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-04, 04:10 AM
"I'm strong and I'm fast," she said, noting the condescension in his words. "And it does make me feel better. If you've got to kill, make it a human. They've got the ability to determine right from wrong -- animals don't. Makes them innocent."

"What I was trying to say was that this "rabbit" was more like a "mass of writhing tentacles that vaguely resembled a rabbit". With this new defenition in mind I very much did release it from it's form." Roland explained and also noted the strange idea of inocennce she had, he would love to try to explain how wrong she was but knew that this would probably amount to nothing.

Glarx
2013-02-04, 04:12 AM
"That must've ruined some kid's birthday," Saya said with a grin. "So is that why they sent you to this place? Couldn't keep you in the regular asylum, had to ship you to some special spook place?"

sdeligar
2013-02-04, 06:48 AM
"I think you'll find Mr. Oreus, that it always does."

Considering Mr. Archer's words he looks around at the other students then shrugs. "Does that mean your going to have us do one of those circle of trust things? Make us all sit around and tell our dark secrets and all that? I'm afraid all I have worth telling can be found with a quick internet search."

It's obvious that by the time he's done he's not paying much attention to Mr. Archer but instead listening to the conversations around him and before long he has a bit of a smile on his face. This was actually starting to being back some memories.

With his hands behind he head he also heads towards the school.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-04, 10:37 AM
"That must've ruined some kid's birthday," Saya said with a grin. "So is that why they sent you to this place? Couldn't keep you in the regular asylum, had to ship you to some special spook place?"

"Sent?" Roland gives her a quick sidelong glance, "I am a mage with the ability to go anywhere I want in the blink of an eye. I go where I please and it pleases me at this point to be here." Roland then thought on that statement and was not entirely sure of the validity of that claim since he seems to be guided by the same thing, or things, that gifted him is magical ability. At this point it has ben a while since they have directly intervened in his life but the last time he can remebered led him to this place.

Glarx
2013-02-04, 12:48 PM
"Sure, sure. Nobody's going to tell you where you can and can't go, not a big powerful mage, huh?" A smile stretched across Saya's face. "Doesn't sound like you're gonna bow to authority either."

Mekboy
2013-02-04, 03:13 PM
Smirking as she listened to the conversation, Emily took it as moment to butt in. Always good to find out who you're fighting with. "So you're a magic type guy then? Any chance of a quick demonstration?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-04, 05:14 PM
You are led along with other students to an amphitheater, where the school population is getting seated. The faculty is up on a stage.

OOC: (continue talking amongst yourselves, just moving scenery)

Glarx
2013-02-04, 06:31 PM
Saya took a seat, a majority of her weight supported by her flight. She scanned through the class and gauged people by their physical appearance. There was a lot you could learn by seeing how people looked.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-04, 09:36 PM
Smirking as she listened to the conversation, Emily took it as moment to butt in. Always good to find out who you're fighting with. "So you're a magic type guy then? Any chance of a quick demonstration?"

"Give it time, your sure to be seeing something sooner rather then later." Roland had a knowing look in his eye as if the joke meant a little bit more to him then just a joke.

"Also to answer your question about authority, I have learnt that it is often times it's only best to react then to initiate, if they push then I will most defintely push back." He said as he took he seat, he was a little bit more serious then before.

Glarx
2013-02-04, 10:24 PM
"If you say so," Saya said absentmindedly, still gauging the crowd. She smiled to herself though. There was something in him that she liked, and it was good to have someone who was willing to talk to her. This could be the beginning of a new chapter, and she had a chance to write in some of the edits herself.

He was a wizard-sort, so that meant he was probably brainy. Then there was that girl who used the foreign-sounding words, she seemed pretty smart too. She built an android, so that meant she was probably rich. They were popular phones. Saya knew enough that she wasn't going to start trouble with rich people. They had a way of screwing you over.

So Saya continued to look through the crowd and consider what sort of horizons were beyond the rockiness of her past.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-05, 12:35 AM
"If you say so," Saya said absentmindedly, still gauging the crowd.

Several of the students have obvious powers, flames dancing in their hair or one guy, very large at that, who appears to be some cross between a sloth and a hairless bear. There's even a catgirl.

In the front two rows sit two groups of students. In the first row the kids look pretty normal, though one of them looks like a very young kid for this school, and another appears to be some sort of merperson from the starfish in her hair and the seashell earrings. Behind that group, the students are much stranger, as one of the girls in the group keeps changing her hair colour every five seconds, and next to her is a large bald metallic man. Anyone among you who did some research on the school knows the front row is the Next-Gen (the mergirl is Nereid, the rest of the group is Bolt, the son of the Freedom League's own Captain Thunder, Seven, mage apprentice to Master Mage Eldrich, Megastar, big bad alien powerhouse, and Sonic, the sound controlling striker) and the row behind is the Alterniteens, the reason why the school is now entirely metahuman (consisting of leader Elite, shape-changer Changeling, size changing Whoop-Ant, the son of Thor known as Magni, and the twin duo of metallic Dauntless and super-fast Relentless)

Once the room has filled, a man in his late fifties gets up and, with the help of a cane, walks slowly over to the microphone. Not a single person makes a sound.

"Hello students, both returning and new. I am Mr. Summers, your principal. I hope, for those just arriving, that I will get to know you for the pride I feel in you, and not for the things I must discipline you for."

He looks sternly at the crowd, and then smiles a subtle but noticeable smile.

"There is something many of you have been told many times before, though some may be hearing it for the first time, and that is that Claremont Academy is about the promise of the future. Not only the what we can achieve, and what we hope to achieve, but what we must guard against achieving. Sadly, all too often in my life I have seen good men and women squander their lives on missteps into darkness. And it is with that idea in mind that I would like to introduce our new teacher, Ms. Daremo, an expert in the psychology of the more villainous members of our powered fraternity."

The woman in the hoodie from before steps up onto the stage and looks out at the crowd, nods, and then walks to the an empty seat on the far side of the stage.

"And with that, our news for the new year has concluded. This year's theme is togetherness, so make sure to make new friends at the barbecue later on. But . . ."

He leans forward, sternly staring at the assembled student body

"If I find so much as one of you fraternizing inappropriately, there will be consequences, Do-I-Make-Myself-Clear Mr. Beck!?"

His withering glare causes the young looking boy in the front row to slump down in his seat and pull his baseball cap down to shield his eyes from the gaze of Principal Summers.

"Alright students. Get yourselves unpacked and down to the field outside the Edward John Carter Dormitory in two hours. Dismissed."

He grabs his cane from its position lying against the podium and hobbles off again.

Glarx
2013-02-05, 12:44 AM
Oh great. The Asian chick was a teacher. Strangling her probably wasn't an option anymore. "No inappropriate fraternizing. He didn't mention sororities, though..." Saya got out of her seat and looked around for Archer, the blonde man. She needed to speak with him, see whether smoking was prohibited or not. She didn't intend to quit, but it was important to know whether or not she'd need to hide it.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-05, 01:06 AM
Roland sat for a minute absorbing all that was said. It seemed that he was in a place he actually wanted to be but he was concerned as to why he was lead here by the forces that guide him. It bothered him but he pushed it aside for another time and place, now was a time to settle in. "No inappropriate fraternizing. He didn't mention sororities, though..." Roland says with a small laugh at the end and sideways glance at Saya, at this point he thought he might as well make the best of this time while things made sense.

Seeing that she was walking off Roland decided to check out the dorms. "Hey...oh god what was it...umm..Emily?" Roland says trying to remeber the girls name, "I was going to go check out the dorms, if you want to come along for a walk. I might be able to give you demonstration of some magic as I promised?"

Mekboy
2013-02-05, 01:45 PM
Emily spent most of the speech examining members of the crowd. The collection of super-teams was particularly interesting. She looked forward to getting to see them in action.

Smiling, Emily nodded. " Sure. Might as well head over there now."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-05, 08:41 PM
Smiling, Emily nodded. " Sure. Might as well head over there now."

"So any request? I mean I don't have perfect control over all of this magic stuff but I can see what I can do. I mean be reasonable and try not to choose something that will get me in trouble, I mean I would perfer to at least have a clean rap sheet for the first day." Roland flashes a quick smile as he walks beside Emily. Most of his mind is focusing on his magic, to pronounce perfectly the mystic words, and focusing the chaotic energy into a proper font.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-05, 09:03 PM
Jessica tunes out what's being said, literally. A green latice goes over her ears and takes a form similar to the antennae on Chachamaru's own ears, and tunes into a radio station.

Shapeshift to get Super-Sense Radio.

Chachamaru is the magical android from Negima

Squares
2013-02-05, 09:48 PM
A few feet behind Emily and Roland, Irene made her way to the dormitories in kind.
It had been difficult to resist attempting a quick scan of the students and staff during the assembly, but Irene was under instructions to avoid drawing undue attention and couldn't risk her mental probing being noticed. She knew a fair amount about some of the student body already- her mentor had provided her with notes on a number of her upperclassmen- but knew nothing about the other new students, and that irritated her.
By the time she'd left the assembly a good number of students had already exited, and now the remainder were milling about, chatting and generally appearing to be at ease. Luckily most of them seemed to be going towards other parts of the campus, which left the path to the dormitories fairly unpeopled.

sdeligar
2013-02-05, 10:01 PM
"Great, another psychologist. Seems a little quiet for a psychologist, most I've meet can't shut up."

Standing he spots Mr. Archer and heads for him. "Hey Mr Archer, what kinda sports do they do around here? Wouldn't happen to be a boxing club or something."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-05, 10:11 PM
"Great, another psychologist. Seems a little quiet for a psychologist, most I've meet can't shut up."

Standing he spots Mr. Archer and heads for him. "Hey Mr Archer, what kinda sports do they do around here? Wouldn't happen to be a boxing club or something."

Mr. Archer smiles.

"Well mainly we have soccer, basketball and baseball, but I could put you in touch with Mr. Jones, he's thinking of starting up a boxing club. You box Mike?"

Togath
2013-02-05, 10:55 PM
standing rather than sitting why would I need to sit...I don't get tired like humans do... I wonder what it's like.. Notaru hears Archer mention clubs "pardon my interruption sir..but are there any marksmanship or psychology clubs? My main loyalty is to ms. Jessica, but I have been interested in firearms recently, as well as learning more about how your kind thinks..."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-05, 11:08 PM
standing rather than sitting why would I need to sit...I don't get tired like humans do... I wonder what it's like.. Notaru hears Archer mention clubs "pardon my interruption sir..but are there any marksmanship or psychology clubs? My main loyalty is to ms. Jessica, but I have been interested in firearms recently, as well as learning more about how your kind thinks..."

"Well, I don't know about that . . ."

He scratches his head

"But there's always the 'Doom Room', but you'll need to wait a while before getting clearance for that. For marksmanship at least. If you want psychology, go talk to Mr. Marquez the counselor or Mr. Hawke the ethics teacher."

He smiles weakly

"Does that help?"

Glarx
2013-02-06, 12:35 AM
"And what about the actual rules?" Saya asked, finally wandering over to the blonde man. "I don't want to find my cigarettes all over the place. And what kind of boxing, d'you know?"

Togath
2013-02-06, 02:08 AM
*in response to Archer's question*
"It does help.. Where can I find Marquez? I'm more interested in how creatures think, than their ethics.. so he seems like a better one to seek out " said Notaru after a moment of thinking

sdeligar
2013-02-06, 04:53 AM
He stands looking at Mr Archer for a minute then looks over to Saya and Notaru before responding. "I'm hoping these two ladies aren't secretly a Mike and you meant that for me even though my name is Michael not Mike. As for the question I've never had any official training but I enjoy watching it and I figure it's the closest I could get without violating my agreement with the judges. Although this 'Doom Room' you mentioned does sound interesting."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-06, 04:49 PM
"And what about the actual rules?" Saya asked, finally wandering over to the blonde man. "I don't want to find my cigarettes all over the place. And what kind of boxing, d'you know?"

"I'm be blunt, you can't really smoke. We understand, this being a residence as well, that you don't really have a choice, but you're going to have to try. You can smoke on your spare if you have one and before and after the school day, or during lunch. Not in the buildings though, but don't wander off too far either, we don't want to force you to do anything dangerous just because you need to kill a craving."

He smiles

"And if you'd like to start quitting, that would be awesome, and I'll help you in any way that I can."

*in response to Archer's question*
"It does help.. Where can I find Marquez? I'm more interested in how creatures think, than their ethics.. so he seems like a better one to seek out " said Notaru after a moment of thinking

"Mr. Marquez is in room 105 of the Matthias Cooke Wing."

He stands looking at Mr Archer for a minute then looks over to Saya and Notaru before responding. "I'm hoping these two ladies aren't secretly a Mike and you meant that for me even though my name is Michael not Mike. As for the question I've never had any official training but I enjoy watching it and I figure it's the closest I could get without violating my agreement with the judges. Although this 'Doom Room' you mentioned does sound interesting."

"Terribly sorry then Michael. Well for now the Doom Room is off limits to you guys, but keep up your studies and you'll end up there soon enough."

Glarx
2013-02-06, 05:36 PM
Saya nodded. "Pretty much what I expected. Keep me posted on the boxing though, will ya? Might be a fun way to get some aggression out of the way." With a little wave, she made her way towards the dormitories to figure out where she lived, and then thereafter would make her way to the edge of the campus.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-07, 01:38 AM
Once the group approaches the dormitories, everyone new is directed towards the Jon Carter dorm. As each person in turn inspects the list to find who they've been placed with, Saya is approached by a senior class student, a tall young woman with curly black hair.

"Hi, Saya right? I'm Serena. I'm rooming with you until they find you a room mate. They've got someone who couldn't make orientation, so for now, we get to hang out tonight, won't that be fun?"

She seems to be trying hard to be friendly, but is clearly just trying to put a good face on all this as a favour to someone. Her green-gold eyes sparkle warmly.

"So, what are you into?" She asks as she leads you up the stairs to the second floor.

-----

Michael and Roland are given a third floor room in the west wing. As the two approach their room, they see an african-american sophomore standing next to their door.

"Hey guys, how you doing? Name's Terrence, what's your's?"

The gold piercings in his ears keep changing into different metals.

-----

Emily and Irene get a second floor room in the east wing, one fairly close to the stairwell. As they approach, they see two other freshmen struggling to haul both their bags and the bags of a slim blonde sophomore up the stairs.

"Come along, and don't you dare drop those. One outfit is worth more than all your tacky luggage put together."

She seems to want to get past you, judging from the ice glare she's giving.

-----

Notaru and Jessica have a first floor room, nearby to the front entrance. Several students appear to have followed the two from the auditorium, and pounce once you stop to get your key.

One student, sporting thick and comedic glasses, steps forward.

"Uh, hi . . . we were, um, wondering . . ."

Squares
2013-02-07, 02:25 AM
Irene eyes the blond and smiles slightly, mirthlessly.
This should be...Student Body? Emotion control, no known psychic defenses. Not a concern.
She continues to her room and begins to unpack.

Togath
2013-02-07, 05:13 AM
"what you were wondering?" says Notaru as she steps forward, somewhat menacingly in response to the odd boy..

Glarx
2013-02-07, 08:10 AM
"Not much," Saya admitted with a shrug, following Serena. "Nothing interesting, anyways. Mr. Archer mentioned there might be some sort of boxing club getting started. Might be cool. What about yourself? It's gotta be annoying to have to cart around a newbie."

Mekboy
2013-02-07, 09:19 AM
"So any request? I mean I don't have perfect control over all of this magic stuff but I can see what I can do. I mean be reasonable and try not to choose something that will get me in trouble, I mean I would perfer to at least have a clean rap sheet for the first day."

"Better than some here I suppose." Emily shrugged, remembering the smoking student. "Got anything showy? Not really much of a magic expert myself. Seen a couple of people - not exactly successful ones though."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-07, 10:38 AM
"what you were wondering?" says Notaru as she steps forward, somewhat menacingly in response to the odd boy..

"Uh, we were wondering if you'd like to join the Claremont Academy Anime Club? We watch stuff, talk about stuff, um . . . ya know. We've never had a robot girl here before (besides Navigatrix) so your perspective could really round out the group!"

"Not much," Saya admitted with a shrug, following Serena. "Nothing interesting, anyways. Mr. Archer mentioned there might be some sort of boxing club getting started. Might be cool. What about yourself? It's gotta be annoying to have to cart around a newbie."

"Oh no, I love meeting new people. So you like boxing? Is it more a sport thing, or are you into it for the footwork?"

She playfully shuffles her feet and waves her fists in front of her in a mock fighting position

"So are you from Freedom City, or somewhere else?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-07, 11:42 AM
"Calm down Taru-chan," Jess says, "clearly I need to adjust your protectiveness settings again," she remarks, mainly to herself, "I'd be interested if you'd be alright with me joining," she continues, "Notaru here is actually modeled after Nodoka and Shizune, though her personality is more of a tsundere."

Glarx
2013-02-07, 11:57 AM
"I wasn't ever really into sports. Wasn't into school, actually, but I need this place. Gotta grin and bear it... but there's a lot of stuff I need to work through. Getting hit in the face, and maybe returning the favor, that's the appeal of boxing. Physical therapy, I guess."

Saya considered the answer to the question of origin. "I'm as much from Freedom City as anywhere else. When you get down to that level of poverty, the names don't matter much 'cept in how you sound when you talk.

"This is all really new to me. Air conditioning, I mean. Carpet that hasn't been around since before my family got to the States. A distinct lack of blood spatter on the walls. People who look you in the eyes. It's a little disorienting."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-07, 03:12 PM
"Better than some here I suppose." Emily shrugged, remembering the smoking student. "Got anything showy? Not really much of a magic expert myself. Seen a couple of people - not exactly successful ones though."

"I will have to get back to you on that magic thing, need to figure out who my roomate is. Hopefully they can understand the meaning of personal space. So just try and find me and I will show you something neat." Roland says when he hears that people are being shown to their rooms.

Roland walks up slowly to his room mainly due to the person standing in front of it. The warm welcoming was unexpected for Roland but he quickly reciprocated. "Roland, I don't mean to sound rude or anything but why are you infront of my room?" Roland says with as much patience as he could muster, he really would like to just settle into his room.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-07, 03:51 PM
"I wasn't ever really into sports. Wasn't into school, actually, but I need this place. Gotta grin and bear it... but there's a lot of stuff I need to work through. Getting hit in the face, and maybe returning the favor, that's the appeal of boxing. Physical therapy, I guess."

Saya considered the answer to the question of origin. "I'm as much from Freedom City as anywhere else. When you get down to that level of poverty, the names don't matter much 'cept in how you sound when you talk.

"This is all really new to me. Air conditioning, I mean. Carpet that hasn't been around since before my family got to the States. A distinct lack of blood spatter on the walls. People who look you in the eyes. It's a little disorienting."

"Oh, well. Nothing to fear at Claremont. I know boxing seems interesting, but maybe another club or two on the side, help you round out your experience? You must have other interests. Or maybe something connected to your powers? Or OH I know, you can help me with planning excursions!"

"I will have to get back to you on that magic thing, need to figure out who my roomate is. Hopefully they can understand the meaning of personal space. So just try and find me and I will show you something neat." Roland says when he hears that people are being shown to their rooms.

Roland walks up slowly to his room mainly due to the person standing in front of it. The warm welcoming was unexpected for Roland but he quickly reciprocated. "Roland, I don't mean to sound rude or anything but why are you infront of my room?" Roland says with as much patience as he could muster, he really would like to just settle into his room.

"I just wanted to meet some of the new students, see what's what, get the low down. Fo rizzle'*. So what's the deal with your powers? You some kind of magic guy, with the arcane attitude and all? I get that, I get that."

*-I want to hit myself after that, but seriously look him up in Hero High if you don't believe me.

Glarx
2013-02-07, 03:57 PM
"I like to sing," she offered weakly. "Not the best thing to admit, sure, but yeah. Anyways, planning excursions is a little outside my zone. That's the sort of responsibility that shouldn't be on my shoulders. That and kids."

A small smile went across Saya's face as she reflected, momentarily, on her past. "Anyways, I might try out for some of the other sports. It's not that I don't want to be social," this was said with some defensiveness, "it's just that I don't know how to talk to these people. You don't have to... there's not an element of physical hierarchy, like, you don't have to remind people you can break their necks if they try to come at you with a broken bottle, y'know? I haven't been around normal people since, like, the fifth grade."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-07, 05:51 PM
"I just wanted to meet some of the new students, see what's what, get the low down. Fo rizzle'*. So what's the deal with your powers? You some kind of magic guy, with the arcane attitude and all? I get that, I get that."

"Right..." Roland takes a moment to try to figure out how he should respond to that statement in general, "Yes, my powers are defintely arcane. Would you have any idea of how many others there are at the school that are also arcanists." Roland asks seeking to gain some benefit out of this conversation.

sdeligar
2013-02-07, 07:55 PM
"Terribly sorry then Michael. Well for now the Doom Room is off limits to you guys, but keep up your studies and you'll end up there soon enough."

"Thanks I'll be looking forward to hearing more about the boxing club later."

Turning he follows the others headed toward the dorm's already missing his apartment at the thought of having to share. After finding his name on the list he takes his time making his way toward the room watching the other students.

"Right..." Roland takes a moment to try to figure out how he should respond to that statement in general, "Yes, my powers are definitely arcane. Would you have any idea of how many others there are at the school that are also arcanists." Roland asks seeking to gain some benefit out of this conversation.

Finally deciding to check out the room he arrives just in time to over hear Rolands comment. "Truthfully I wouldn't mind hearing more about that too. Or for that matter any other abilities you can tell us about."

Squares
2013-02-08, 01:17 AM
Irene sits on the bed she's claimed in her dorm room, pretending to read. Her eyes have a slightly blank look about them, and while she does seem to be studying her book, an observer would note that she seems to have been reading the same page for the entire time they were watching.
She's pleased to find that the dormitories, at least, don't seem to be psychically shielded, and is conversing with her mentor.

Togath
2013-02-08, 03:38 AM
"Calm down Taru-chan," Jess says, "clearly I need to adjust your protectiveness settings again," she remarks, mainly to herself, "I'd be interested if you'd be alright with me joining," she continues, "Notaru here is actually modeled after Nodoka and Shizune, though her personality is more of a tsundere."
---
with Jessica's remark Taru realizes her over reaction, "I'm sorry for my rudeness" , she says, bowing apologetically to both jess and the odd boy, "I'm still not very good at interpreting emotions"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-10, 09:51 PM
---
with Jessica's remark Taru realizes her over reaction, "I'm sorry for my rudeness" , she says, bowing apologetically to both jess and the odd boy, "I'm still not very good at interpreting emotions"

"It's alright Taru-san."

Squares
2013-02-10, 10:30 PM
Irene leaves her room, having finished conversing with her mentor, and approaches the first student she can find in the hallway.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for someone named Naomi Vasquez, would you happen to know where I might find her?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-10, 10:35 PM
"I like to sing," she offered weakly. "Not the best thing to admit, sure, but yeah. Anyways, planning excursions is a little outside my zone. That's the sort of responsibility that shouldn't be on my shoulders. That and kids."

A small smile went across Saya's face as she reflected, momentarily, on her past. "Anyways, I might try out for some of the other sports. It's not that I don't want to be social," this was said with some defensiveness, "it's just that I don't know how to talk to these people. You don't have to... there's not an element of physical hierarchy, like, you don't have to remind people you can break their necks if they try to come at you with a broken bottle, y'know? I haven't been around normal people since, like, the fifth grade."

"I'm sorry your life has been tough, but remember, you don't have to fight anymore. You can make friends here who like you for the beautiful and remarkable girl underneath."

Serena gets serious for a moment, but quickly returns to her happy demeanour.

"So, here it is."

She stops at the last door in the hallway, and opens it with a key.

"You want the left or right bed?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-10, 10:37 PM
Irene leaves her room, having finished conversing with her mentor, and approaches the first student she can find in the hallway.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for someone named Naomi Vasquez, would you happen to know where I might find her?"

The student looks at Irene kind of dismissively.

"She's down at the end of the hall, the girl with the pink hair."

Down at the end of the hall is such a girl, who is staring intently at Irene.

Squares
2013-02-10, 10:51 PM
Irene walks over to the pink-haired girl with a friendly smile.
"Hello, you're Naomi, yes?"

Glarx
2013-02-10, 11:21 PM
Saya chose the bed that was in the corner of the corner room, most likely the right. "Thanks. I hope you're right -- d'you mind if I go for a walk before the barbecue? Get a feel for the campus grounds, set a jogging route for the mornings, that sort of thing? Oh, and is there a pool on campus, d'you know?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-11, 12:09 AM
"We can talk in the room if you'd like," Jess offers the other kid, "we'll be unpacking, but that's not too hard with my powers. Taru-chan, you should charge yourself up now, I believe you only have an hour or two left in your power source, which I really need to upgrade..." she finishes with a mutter as she lets everyone into the dorm room, which immediately becomes laced with green latices as Jess taps various spots, causing her various possessions (including a full bookshelf of manga and anime DVDs and BluRay), she also unloads a full stack of her clothing onto her bed, not even hiding her underwear, and the last thing is a minifridge filled to the brim with caffienated drinks. She plugs in the fridge and takes out three cans of Soda and an Energy Drink, she offers one of the sodas to the kid while cracking open the energy drink and two other sodas, which she mixes into a large cup. Blue Rasperry, Lemon-Lime, and Strawberry Melon mixed into a single drink, it was actually quite tasty, if a little overpowering for most people.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-11, 05:21 PM
Irene walks over to the pink-haired girl with a friendly smile.
"Hello, you're Naomi, yes?"

"Might be. Who wants to know?"

Saya chose the bed that was in the corner of the corner room, most likely the right. "Thanks. I hope you're right -- d'you mind if I go for a walk before the barbecue? Get a feel for the campus grounds, set a jogging route for the mornings, that sort of thing? Oh, and is there a pool on campus, d'you know?"

"Go ahead, take a walk. Just a second though."

She wiggles him fingers slightly, and her eyes shine gold.

"Just in case you need me. Whistle and I'll find you. And yes, there's a pool, north of here, just beside the sports field."

"We can talk in the room if you'd like," Jess offers the other kid, "we'll be unpacking, but that's not too hard with my powers. Taru-chan, you should charge yourself up now, I believe you only have an hour or two left in your power source, which I really need to upgrade..." she finishes with a mutter as she lets everyone into the dorm room, which immediately becomes laced with green latices as Jess taps various spots, causing her various possessions (including a full bookshelf of manga and anime DVDs and BluRay), she also unloads a full stack of her clothing onto her bed, not even hiding her underwear, and the last thing is a minifridge filled to the brim with caffienated drinks. She plugs in the fridge and takes out three cans of Soda and an Energy Drink, she offers one of the sodas to the kid while cracking open the energy drink and two other sodas, which she mixes into a large cup. Blue Rasperry, Lemon-Lime, and Strawberry Melon mixed into a single drink, it was actually quite tasty, if a little overpowering for most people.

The guy comes in, the rest of the club trusting him to represent them.

"So, um . . . that's a lot of anime. What's your favourite?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-11, 07:14 PM
"Don't have a single favorite," Jess remarks, "but, there are a few I like more than others of similar categories. Love Hina, Rosario + Vampire, One Piece, Soul Eater, and Fate/Stay Night. I actually have an ability similar to Archer's," she says, holding up a hand and perfectly replicating the way Archer forms his swords, except it was a pistol, then let it vanish in the same way, "trying to get it beyond the few weapons I can make now, but for now, I only have a few that work reliably and don't wipe me out. If I get it down though, I could get things like Zangetsu, Shuusui, the Raijin, that sort of thing. Until then, I've just got a pair of knives, a pair of pistols, a weaponized torch, and a grenade," she holds up her fingers and a cigarette forms before she puts it in her mouth, though she doesn't light it up, "so, what's the Anime Club all about? Besides the usual."

Glarx
2013-02-11, 11:16 PM
"Cheers," Saya said with a grin, nodding to Serena before heading outside. She made her way to the perimeter of the school, and once there, lit the cigarette Mr. Archer had returned. After that she circled the perimeter, getting a feel for the school and its grounds.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-12, 12:42 AM
"Right..." Roland takes a moment to try to figure out how he should respond to that statement in general, "Yes, my powers are defintely arcane. Would you have any idea of how many others there are at the school that are also arcanists." Roland asks seeking to gain some benefit out of this conversation.

"Well really, there's just my homegirl Seven. Man she is a fine piece of magical assistance when you need her. Other than that, magic is dang hard ta find. There's a few kids here and there, but mainly it's your super-sci-fi peeps."

Togath
2013-02-12, 04:17 AM
"We can talk in the room if you'd like," Jess offers the other kid, "we'll be unpacking, but that's not too hard with my powers. Taru-chan, you should charge yourself up now, I believe you only have an hour or two left in your power source, which I really need to upgrade..." she finishes with a mutter as she lets everyone into the dorm room.

"I suppose you have a good point there.." responds Notaru, feeling a bit emberassed that Jess mentioned that she still needs to be charged from time to time to a stranger.
as Jessica gets a drink Taru sits down near the window, waiting for the boy to continue.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-13, 11:38 AM
Once everyone is finished unpacking, you are all led outside to the nearby athletics field.

Bling follows along with Roland and Micheal

Naomi follows Irene.

The anime kid (who I shall call Tim) follows Naru and Jess.

The Next-Gen and Alterniteens are already at the field, helping the teachers grill the hot dogs and hamburgers for the barbeque.

Glarx
2013-02-13, 12:54 PM
After her smoke walk, Saya returned to the barbecuing area. She looked around for any familiar faces, unsure of what to do. This sort of large meeting was... unusual, to say the least. How did you introduce yourself to others? Usually you either were known or you weren't worth knowing, so how did that function here? What system was in place?

So she looked for Mr. Archer, since he was a face to a name. He could probably direct her to whoever was in charge of the punching. That might put her in the proximity of those she might be capable of relating to, which in turn would provide her the opportunity to do what Serena had suggested.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-13, 02:16 PM
Jessica stretches as she walks to the BBQ, she'd have prefered to finish with a program she had been designing, though she could still do that here, it was more annoying because people would always get curious and start asking questions, which would ruin her concentration for working on these things.

@Sir Chivalry: Would it be possible to save Designs for my Reality Hacking feat and perform them later or would I have to redesign them every time?

sdeligar
2013-02-13, 05:28 PM
"Well really, there's just my homegirl Seven. Man she is a fine piece of magical assistance when you need her. Other than that, magic is dang hard ta find. There's a few kids here and there, but mainly it's your super-sci-fi peeps."

"That's good to know at least. Always a good idea to know what to expect." Michael goes about unpacking the few belonging he was allowed to take with him all the while asking Bling more questions about the school mostly about it's layout. Finished packing he heads toward the BBQ when another question comes up.

"So any suggestions on who we should get to know, maybe anybody we should avoid?"

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-14, 01:32 AM

"Hmm, Seven...I will keep that in mind. Might see if I can strick up a conversation with her." Roland takes a moment to think the statement over. Would he actually enjoy meeting another like him? He had never really thought about it but he was given the opprotunity so he thought that he might take it.

"Give me a moment to just put my stuff away, I will be with you shortly." Roland takes a moment to place his stuff down how he likes it and takes a little time to look everything over to see if it was just the way he wanted it, now the only thing that would be of possible issue was the company. "Alright, shall we move to the gathering? I am getting a little hungry..." Roland says as he stands by the door to the room.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-14, 07:56 AM
After her smoke walk, Saya returned to the barbecuing area. She looked around for any familiar faces, unsure of what to do. This sort of large meeting was... unusual, to say the least. How did you introduce yourself to others? Usually you either were known or you weren't worth knowing, so how did that function here? What system was in place?

So she looked for Mr. Archer, since he was a face to a name. He could probably direct her to whoever was in charge of the punching. That might put her in the proximity of those she might be capable of relating to, which in turn would provide her the opportunity to do what Serena had suggested.

The blonde teacher turns towards you at your approach.

"Hey Saya, what's up?"

Jessica stretches as she walks to the BBQ, she'd have prefered to finish with a program she had been designing, though she could still do that here, it was more annoying because people would always get curious and start asking questions, which would ruin her concentration for working on these things.

@Sir Chivalry: Would it be possible to save Designs for my Reality Hacking feat and perform them later or would I have to redesign them every time?

Since it's a use of Ritualist, I don't think so. I'd say the time to make them is cut in half.

"That's good to know at least. Always a good idea to know what to expect." Michael goes about unpacking the few belonging he was allowed to take with him all the while asking Bling more questions about the school mostly about it's layout. Finished packing he heads toward the BBQ when another question comes up.

"So any suggestions on who we should get to know, maybe anybody we should avoid?"

"Yo, avoid the Sloth, ya dig? That guy nothing but bad news. And man, just go have fun, you'll find people!"

Mr. Summers finally makes it to the barbecue, looking a little drawn.

Glarx
2013-02-14, 08:45 AM
"Hey Mr. Archer. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of... the teacher who was putting together the boxing club?" Saya put her hands in her jacket and looked down, the brim of her hat covering her eyes. It still felt weird to stare into someone's eyes. Felt like a challenge was being issued -- a hold-over from her past.

Squares
2013-02-14, 05:34 PM
Irene introduces herself to Naomi as they walk to the barbecue.
"I wanted to warn you about something. Before long, some fairly dangerous things are going to start happening here at the school. Whatever you do, it's important that you not get involved."

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-14, 06:02 PM
Since it's a use of Ritualist, I don't think so. I'd say the time to make them is cut in half.

I've actually used it where you could keep a ritual in a book or tattooed to your body and just perform it again because you still have the ritual. It's actually quite useful and not nearly as unbalanced as most people think. I just charged the ability as a feat, with another feat to make it so a ritual could have a charge or two.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-14, 07:49 PM
"Yo, avoid the Sloth, ya dig? That guy nothing but bad news. And man, just go have fun, you'll find people!"

"Again I will keep that in mind, you have been most helpful." Roland says to Bling before he walks off to try to find Seven. His mind had been preoccupied with the thought of meeting another arcanist. He knew that everyone at this school had a moment of realization when they figured out that they were different but Roland new that he was unique among the unique. This he hoped to be a move in the direction of illuminating some of the questions he had.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-14, 11:24 PM
"Hey Mr. Archer. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of... the teacher who was putting together the boxing club?" Saya put her hands in her jacket and looked down, the brim of her hat covering her eyes. It still felt weird to stare into someone's eyes. Felt like a challenge was being issued -- a hold-over from her past.

He points out a rough looking man drinking a cola sode drink.

"That's him, go talk to him. He'll like you."

When you approach, the teacher nods at you and waves you closer.

"what can I do for ya?"

Irene introduces herself to Naomi as they walk to the barbecue.
"I wanted to warn you about something. Before long, some fairly dangerous things are going to start happening here at the school. Whatever you do, it's important that you not get involved."

"Um, says who? What the hell are you talking about?"

Naomi looks annoyed

I've actually used it where you could keep a ritual in a book or tattooed to your body and just perform it again because you still have the ritual. It's actually quite useful and not nearly as unbalanced as most people think. I just charged the ability as a feat, with another feat to make it so a ritual could have a charge or two.

More permanent rituals are powers, aren't they?

"Again I will keep that in mind, you have been most helpful." Roland says to Bling before he walks off to try to find Seven. His mind had been preoccupied with the thought of meeting another arcanist. He knew that everyone at this school had a moment of realization when they figured out that they were different but Roland new that he was unique among the unique. This he hoped to be a move in the direction of illuminating some of the questions he had.

A taller girl with wavy black hair and green eyes notices you're searching and walks over.

"Hi, I'm Selena, who are you looking for?"

Glarx
2013-02-14, 11:28 PM
Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Saya gave a tight-lipped smile and a nod to the cola-drinking man. "Hey there... Mr. Jones, right? I'm Saya, new student here. Mr. Archer said you might be thinking of starting a boxing club?"

Squares
2013-02-17, 06:22 PM
Irene sighs. "Look, it's very simple, all right? Something bad is going to happen soon, and it'd be in your best interest if you stayed out of it. Defending yourself is fine, and should be no problem with your abilities, just don't go out of your way to engage in any heroics. I'm afraid that's all the detail I can give you."
"Well, that about sums it up. If you don't mind, I'm going to get something to drink." With that she walks off in the direction of the barbecue area.

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-17, 06:50 PM
A taller girl with wavy black hair and green eyes notices you're searching and walks over.

"Hi, I'm Selena, who are you looking for?"

"Someone named Seven, heard she is the main arcanist at the school and I had some questions." Roland says to the girl absent mindedly as he looks over the crowd of people, "It would be most helpful if you can point me towards her."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-17, 08:00 PM
Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Saya gave a tight-lipped smile and a nod to the cola-drinking man. "Hey there... Mr. Jones, right? I'm Saya, new student here. Mr. Archer said you might be thinking of starting a boxing club?"

"Yep, sure am. You one of those super-strong types though? If you are, I gotta tell you we might not take you unless we can find people who can train with you."

Irene sighs. "Look, it's very simple, all right? Something bad is going to happen soon, and it'd be in your best interest if you stayed out of it. Defending yourself is fine, and should be no problem with your abilities, just don't go out of your way to engage in any heroics. I'm afraid that's all the detail I can give you."
"Well, that about sums it up. If you don't mind, I'm going to get something to drink." With that she walks off in the direction of the barbecue area.

"Whatever."

"Someone named Seven, heard she is the main arcanist at the school and I had some questions." Roland says to the girl absent mindedly as he looks over the crowd of people, "It would be most helpful if you can point me towards her."

"Oh, well I think she's here soon. But why don't you tell me more about yourself first?"

Glarx
2013-02-17, 08:34 PM
Saya gnawed on her lip for a moment. "Not superstrong, but yeah... I'd probably be disqualified on that count. Does the gym have equipment that can withstand punishment like that, though?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-17, 08:41 PM
Saya gnawed on her lip for a moment. "Not superstrong, but yeah... I'd probably be disqualified on that count. Does the gym have equipment that can withstand punishment like that, though?"

"Ya, we got that. Gotta keep Megastar in shape, he's our golden boy."

Glarx
2013-02-17, 08:42 PM
She raised an eyebrow. "Is he someone I could spar with?"

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-17, 08:42 PM
"Oh, well I think she's here soon. But why don't you tell me more about yourself first?"

"Oh well if she is not here yet then I might as well preoccupy myself." Roland says as he pulls his eyes away from the crowd and now focus on the girl, "I am Roland Owen Bishop. I have come here to hone my skills in the arcane magic that I have been...gifted." Roland says with a small pause to try to find the right words so as to avoid the nasty subject of his magical inception.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-17, 08:47 PM
"Oh well if she is not here yet then I might as well preoccupy myself." Roland says as he pulls his eyes away from the crowd and now focus on the girl, "I am Roland Owen Bishop. I have come here to hone my skills in the arcane magic that I have been...gifted." Roland says with a small pause to try to find the right words so as to avoid the nasty subject of his magical inception.

"Uh huh, what kind of gifted? You the next Adrian Eldrich? Why do you need Seven's help for? Don't understand your powers?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-17, 08:48 PM
She raised an eyebrow. "Is he someone I could spar with?"

He looks you up and down, and taps the back of his hand on your shoulder.

"Yes, I think he and you might be close enough in weight class."

Glarx
2013-02-17, 08:51 PM
"Cool. Name's Saya, by the way. Nice to meet you, Mr. Jones." They were words ingrained in her memory from a different lifetime. It felt bizarre to repeat them now.

"If you or your guys ever need someone to punch, feel free to ask. Boxing against a bag is nothing compared to hitting someone who can look you in the eyes... there's a mentality to it. Gotta get past the fear of hurting someone, especially someone who isn't doing something to stop it."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-17, 08:54 PM
"Cool. Name's Saya, by the way. Nice to meet you, Mr. Jones." They were words ingrained in her memory from a different lifetime. It felt bizarre to repeat them now.

"If you or your guys ever need someone to punch, feel free to ask. Boxing against a bag is nothing compared to hitting someone who can look you in the eyes... there's a mentality to it. Gotta get past the fear of hurting someone, especially someone who isn't doing something to stop it."

"Err, ya. We might need to book you some sessions with Mr. Marquez while we're at it."

He smiles, but seems uncomfortable with your implication that he's teaching kids to attack people who aren't fighting back.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-17, 08:58 PM
More permanent rituals are powers, aren't they?

Not permanent, simply rechargeable. I was asking if I could reuse existing designs. I didn't get an answer to that question, which led to confusion, I think...

Glarx
2013-02-17, 08:59 PM
"I don't think I know him yet," she said with a shrug. "But yeah, thanks. I hope to meet Megastar soon." Cracking her neck, she gave Mr. Jones a little nod before moving off to try and mingle with the other students as best as she could. Saya felt awkward at these sorts of functions, and it probably showed.

She saw her roommate, and hopefully Serena saw her. Saya had the nagging suspicion Ms. Upperclassman had ulterior motives in their room pairing. So instead, Saya looked around to see if she could spot someone who might fit the nickname 'Megastar.'

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-17, 09:34 PM
"I don't think I know him yet," she said with a shrug. "But yeah, thanks. I hope to meet Megastar soon." Cracking her neck, she gave Mr. Jones a little nod before moving off to try and mingle with the other students as best as she could. Saya felt awkward at these sorts of functions, and it probably showed.

She saw her roommate, and hopefully Serena saw her. Saya had the nagging suspicion Ms. Upperclassman had ulterior motives in their room pairing. So instead, Saya looked around to see if she could spot someone who might fit the nickname 'Megastar.'

A very large muscular man is flying around. He has silver hair and glowing white eyes. He sees Mr. Jones wave to him and lands near him. Mr. Jones talks to the man for a moment, and he flies over to Saya.

"Hi, you're Saya?"

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-17, 10:37 PM
"Uh huh, what kind of gifted? You the next Adrian Eldrich? Why do you need Seven's help for? Don't understand your powers?"

"Given by something beyond my understanding. I would hope that Seven, having had more time and training with her powers, would have some understanding of the root of my abilities." Roland takes a pause for a moment tying to think about exactly how he interacts with his abilities "I understand how to use them but to further progress what I am able to do I feel that I must understand their origin." Roland says while noticably in thought, his major pondering is wether he has control or of his powers or is he only using them on loan.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-18, 12:08 AM
"Given by something beyond my understanding. I would hope that Seven, having had more time and training with her powers, would have some understanding of the root of my abilities." Roland takes a pause for a moment tying to think about exactly how he interacts with his abilities "I understand how to use them but to further progress what I am able to do I feel that I must understand their origin." Roland says while noticably in thought, his major pondering is wether he has control or of his powers or is he only using them on loan.

"Well, of you asked me, I'd say go with your heart, and ignore the voices in your head. They always have an agenda."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-18, 12:45 AM
"Well, of you asked me, I'd say go with your heart, and ignore the voices in your head. They always have an agenda."

"That is probably some of the best information I have been given today, I will keep it in mind." Roland smiled a bit as he tossed the statement over in his mind, "So why did you come to the school, I mean you must have your reasons." Roland asked the girl with more interest then before due to her comment being as helpful as it was for him at the moment.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-18, 01:43 AM
"That is probably some of the best information I have been given today, I will keep it in mind." Roland smiled a bit as he tossed the statement over in his mind, "So why did you come to the school, I mean you must have your reasons." Roland asked the girl with more interest then before due to her comment being as helpful as it was for him at the moment.

"My grandmother kinda got me into the family business, and it didn't turn out so well for my parents. Enemies and that stuff. Anyways, she enrolled me here because I'd be protected from the people who want to hurt me while I learn to control my powers. Kinda like you."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-18, 02:11 AM
"My grandmother kinda got me into the family business, and it didn't turn out so well for my parents. Enemies and that stuff. Anyways, she enrolled me here because I'd be protected from the people who want to hurt me while I learn to control my powers. Kinda like you."

"Indeed, it seems that there is more in common about us then I would have expected." Roland takes a moment to think over that statement, "So how much have you learnt at this place, I mean I don't think I saw you on the bus so you have at least more experience then somone as new as I."

Glarx
2013-02-18, 03:40 AM
Saya nodded to him. "Megastar, right? Or are you Mr. Marquez?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-18, 11:30 AM
"Indeed, it seems that there is more in common about us then I would have expected." Roland takes a moment to think over that statement, "So how much have you learnt at this place, I mean I don't think I saw you on the bus so you have at least more experience then somone as new as I."

"I've been here a couple of years now. I'm sort of the student community organizer. I make sure everyone is having a good time and that no one feels left out. Mr. Summers is really great with the students."

Saya nodded to him. "Megastar, right? Or are you Mr. Marquez?"

"Megastar, and what's your name fine lady?"

Glarx
2013-02-19, 09:23 AM
"Saya Guerrisimo," she answered with a smile. "I hear you're the guy to talk to for weight lifting and fighting."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-20, 12:00 PM
"Saya Guerrisimo," she answered with a smile. "I hear you're the guy to talk to for weight lifting and fighting."

"Oh ya! I'm the strongest guy at the school! Didn't you know?"

He flexes his arm, obviously attempting to impress Saya.

Glarx
2013-02-20, 01:08 PM
She reached over and felt his muscles. "Holy s-- I mean, holy... cow." Trying to clean up her language felt as awkward as it sounded. "No, I definitely believe it. With any luck you can help me with my aim -- I've got the actual hurting part down, but the hitting... not so much. A few rounds against the strongest man in the school might help me learn how to actually land a punch. So long as you go easy on me, that is."

Frozen Messiah
2013-02-20, 04:33 PM
"I've been here a couple of years now. I'm sort of the student community organizer. I make sure everyone is having a good time and that no one feels left out. Mr. Summers is really great with the students."

"That is all very good to know." Roland says while pondering what this girl's power is that has her here or who those enemies are but at this point he would feel invasive to ask such questions, "So since your the community organizer what would you advise me to get involved in, just any suggestion would at least give me something to think on."

Squares
2013-02-21, 08:53 PM
Irene, having found a can of soda, stands by herself watching the hubbub around her, putting names to faces as best she could.
She wonders why she was sent to this school. With the plans that the society had for her future, it seemed strange that they'd send her away. And while she had been given an assignment, it struck her as not being important enough to merit her attending school at the academy in the first place- Naomi could control minds and she could read minds, but lacked even basic telepathic abilities. Already Irene had decided she disliked Naomi, and somewhat resented being asked to watch her, but was determined to carry out her orders.
She also wonders where her roommate is, and whether Emily will prove useful to her plans.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-22, 05:13 PM
"That is all very good to know." Roland says while pondering what this girl's power is that has her here or who those enemies are but at this point he would feel invasive to ask such questions, "So since your the community organizer what would you advise me to get involved in, just any suggestion would at least give me something to think on."

"Oh well, I always find it good to go with your interests. So . . . maybe a book club or a gaming club? Or do you like to debate?"

Squares
2013-02-25, 04:52 PM
Irene walks over to Notaru ((OOC: Nataru?)).
"Hello, my name is Irene. What's yours?" She asks, smiling pleasantly and offering her hand in greeting. The question was, of course, a formality- she knew exactly who the android was.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-01, 11:40 AM
As the barbecue gets underway, storm clouds threaten to rain out the proceedings.

Notice checks from anyone who wants to.

Squares
2013-03-01, 05:54 PM
Finding Notaru unresponsive, Irene turns her attention to the gathering clouds.
(Notice check, rank 12)

Glarx
2013-03-02, 01:31 PM
Notice Rank... -1.

Saya glanced up towards the skies. "You'd think with all the supers around, someone could keep the skies clear on the opening day. Y'think this is a stunt from the teachers?"

Squares
2013-03-03, 10:36 AM
Notice Rank... -1.

Saya glanced up towards the skies. "You'd think with all the supers around, someone could keep the skies clear on the opening day. Y'think this is a stunt from the teachers?"

"One does not alter the weather so casually".
Irene, having overheard, couldn't resist chiming in.
"After all, changing the weather- even slightly- in one area affects the weather patterns for the entire planet. Blowing away a few rainclouds on one side of the world could cause drought, for example, on another".

Glarx
2013-03-03, 12:12 PM
"Huh. That true? Then making those clouds go away now could make it rain where it needs to rain. Anyways, I'm not realy worried about all that. Just seems weird they'd make a barbeque for a time when it was going to storm."

Squares
2013-03-03, 07:34 PM
"It does seem weird, doesn't it?"
Irene grins a smug, somewhat satisfied little grin and sips her drink.
"Wonder how long it'll take until the young magician over there notices the storm clouds". She points at Roland, who is engaged in conversation with Serena.

Frozen Messiah
2013-03-03, 08:02 PM
"It does seem weird, doesn't it?"
Irene grins a smug, somewhat satisfied little grin and sips her drink.
"Wonder how long it'll take until the young magician over there notices the storm clouds". She points at Roland, who is engaged in conversation with Serena.

"You know it is rude to point." Roland responds with a small glance towards Irene. He then think about the statement and wonders himself how long it would take, if it was just rain he could move them away.

(Notice +10)

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-03, 09:38 PM
"Huh. That true? Then making those clouds go away now could make it rain where it needs to rain. Anyways, I'm not realy worried about all that. Just seems weird they'd make a barbeque for a time when it was going to storm."

Pulling his arm away from Saya, Megastar squints into the distance and his jaw drops. He turns to face the rest of the picnic.

"STRATOS!! It's Dr. Stratos!! GET DOWN!!"

A lightning bolt hits Megastar, electricity dancing across his skin.

Glarx
2013-03-03, 10:47 PM
Saya danced away from the electrified Megastar. "I'm guessing he's not on the guest list?" Saya didn't know where this Dr. Stratos was other than in the skies, but that sort of made sense.

"Megastar, you okay man?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-04, 03:47 PM
Saya danced away from the electrified Megastar. "I'm guessing he's not on the guest list?" Saya didn't know where this Dr. Stratos was other than in the skies, but that sort of made sense.

"Megastar, you okay man?"

"Rarrgh!"

Lightning dances along Megastar's skin, pulsing from his eyes.

Dr. Stratos hovers above, yelling to Mr. Summers.

"Haha, with your friends the Freedom League away on a mission, and the Atom Family in space, now is the perfect time for me to STRIKE!! Already my brilliant mind has devised a way to bring you low, for while my allies in the Crime League battle your precious Next-Gen, I have seized control of your most powerful student, and he will decimate your student body! Muhahaha!"

Lightning and thunder crackle above, an attempt at dramatic lighting.

Megastar wheels around and puts his fists up, roaring defiantly at the assembled students.

Squares
2013-03-04, 04:32 PM
Irene attempts to use her mind control on Dr. Stratos.
(Mind Control rank 8)

Glarx
2013-03-04, 05:10 PM
"So that's a no -- well, this isn't quite boxing..." Saya muttered to herself, taking a step forward and sending a punch towards Megastar.

[roll0] against his Defense. I'm guessing it's a miss.

Frozen Messiah
2013-03-04, 11:02 PM
Roland assesses the scenario at hand. 'Bunch of students gathered together in one place, a crazy weather villian, and all of the trained heroes are distracted...perfect' Roland thinks to himself about the scenario at hand. He then focuses on thinking about a safe place that he can bring all these people to. The gym would be safe enough and it should hold all of them.

Roland begins to write sigils in the air, the symbol floats in the space with a purple glow. Roland mutters to himself the whole time he is doing the action. Soon a circle of runes floats in the air. Roland takes in a breath to focus himself. "Mantorok...Redgomor...Antorbok" Roland utters aloud, a faint glint of purple shines in his eyes when this is said, and the portal opens as a shuddering disk of energy.

"Excuse me" Roland says to get the attention of the girl he was talking to, "I just opened a portal to the gym, can you make sure that everyone gets through it? You know, organized line and what not?"

Magic (Teleport 2)

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-06, 10:52 PM
"So that's a no -- well, this isn't quite boxing..." Saya muttered to herself, taking a step forward and sending a punch towards Megastar.

[roll0] against his Defense. I'm guessing it's a miss.

Megastar dodges out of the way and swings at Saya, his punch connecting but failing to even register as pain.

Irene attempts to use her mind control on Dr. Stratos.
(Mind Control rank 8)

Irene's mind connects with Stratos', and he tries to resist but fails.

Roland assesses the scenario at hand. 'Bunch of students gathered together in one place, a crazy weather villian, and all of the trained heroes are distracted...perfect' Roland thinks to himself about the scenario at hand. He then focuses on thinking about a safe place that he can bring all these people to. The gym would be safe enough and it should hold all of them.

Roland begins to write sigils in the air, the symbol floats in the space with a purple glow. Roland mutters to himself the whole time he is doing the action. Soon a circle of runes floats in the air. Roland takes in a breath to focus himself. "Mantorok...Redgomor...Antorbok" Roland utters aloud, a faint glint of purple shines in his eyes when this is said, and the portal opens as a shuddering disk of energy.

"Excuse me" Roland says to get the attention of the girl he was talking to, "I just opened a portal to the gym, can you make sure that everyone gets through it? You know, organized line and what not?"

Magic (Teleport 2)

The students are ushered to safety.

Glarx
2013-03-06, 10:58 PM
[roll0]

She grinned. "I was hopin' the doc might have fried some of your dodging with that lightning... seems like that was a no. Try this one!"

Squares
2013-03-07, 12:23 AM
Under Irene's watchful eye, Stratos lands, his eyes glazed and his actions stiff and jerky.
She turns to Roland. "Since you're done evacuating students, would you mind giving me a hand? Something along the lines of a portal that leads somewhere far away?"

Frozen Messiah
2013-03-07, 12:57 AM
Under Irene's watchful eye, Stratos lands, his eyes glazed and his actions stiff and jerky.
She turns to Roland. "Since you're done evacuating students, would you mind giving me a hand? Something along the lines of a portal that leads somewhere far away?"

"I think I can do something like that..." Roland places his hand uptowards the portal and stares hard. "Xelotath...Redgomor...Antorbok" He utters these words of power and the runes change to a sickly green. "I think that should do well enough Miss, it will at least buy us some time..." Roland says as moves away from the portal and begins preparing himself to react to the next threat.

changed the portal to go to the middle of a field a good ways away that the bus drove past.

Squares
2013-03-08, 03:02 PM
Stratos walks through the portal.
"Now would be a good time to close it" Irene prompts, looking slightly strained.

Frozen Messiah
2013-03-09, 07:53 PM
Stratos walks through the portal.
"Now would be a good time to close it" Irene prompts, looking slightly strained.

Roland breathes in heavily and holds that breath, his stare goes into the portal and beyond. In one action he lets go of the breath and claps his hands together making the portal fizzle out of existence. "The deed is done." Roland mutters as he tries to keep focus on the arcane energy his manipulating.

Squares
2013-03-09, 08:29 PM
Irene concentrates, a far-off look on her face.
(Using Precognition, trying to find out if Stratos will make another attack)

Glarx
2013-03-09, 09:15 PM
With Stratos through the portal, Saya looked at Megastar. "Yo, you still tryin' to kill us 'n ****?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-16, 06:30 PM
With Stratos through the portal, Saya looked at Megastar. "Yo, you still tryin' to kill us 'n ****?"

"Rarrg!!" Megastar hits Saya, but the blow fails to penetrate, though it's stronger than before.

Irene sees that Stratos will attack again in three minutes, and he won't hold back this time.

Glarx
2013-03-16, 07:14 PM
She rubbed her face where he'd hit her. "'kay, that answers that."

Saya took another swing at Megastar. Any of her stronger moves would harm the students or damage the school, and that sort of stuff got you thrown out. She didn't feel like ending up on the streets again, not on the first day. So Saya punched.

[roll0].

Squares
2013-03-18, 03:30 AM
"The good doctor will be returning in roughly three minutes," Irene states, shooting a somewhat reproachful look at Roland, "And he'll be angrier. May I suggest we ask for help from the faculty, or at least the other students?"

Glarx
2013-03-22, 08:58 PM
"Maybe next time we kill him?" Saya voiced, waiting for the counterstrike from Megastar.

Squares
2013-03-23, 09:19 PM
"Well now, there's an idea. Do you think you could do that?" Irene regards the girl seriously, her approval evident in her expression.

Glarx
2013-03-23, 09:25 PM
"Sure, if he doesn't struggle too much. I'm not really good at aiming yet..."

Squares
2013-03-27, 05:40 AM
"I don't foresee that being a problem- he seems easy enough to control".
Irene looks around calmly. "Seems odd that no teachers happen to be present, doesn't it?"

Glarx
2013-03-27, 05:42 AM
"I'm a little more concerned with the two hundred fifty pounds of muscle trying to hit me than the lack of teachers, but now that you say it, it does seem a little weird. Like this is some sort of a test or something. Wonder what sort of grade 'snapped neck' gets you..."

Squares
2013-03-28, 05:40 PM
Irene shoots Roland an appraising glance.
"Is there any way you could send Megastar- the individual currently attacking our friend here- through one of your portals?"
As she speaks, she maintains a watch over the skies, waiting for Stratos' return.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-29, 01:14 AM
"I'm a little more concerned with the two hundred fifty pounds of muscle trying to hit me than the lack of teachers, but now that you say it, it does seem a little weird. Like this is some sort of a test or something. Wonder what sort of grade 'snapped neck' gets you..."

Megastar's fist connects, and this time his wild swing registers a sensation Saya hasn't felt in a long time. PAIN

Her mind goes afire as nerves long jacketed beneath impenetrable skin sear from the punch, her eyes watering and her mouth slack.

The lightning crackling beneath his skin and across his muscles however, ceases after this assault, as he throws off the control. His eyes widen at the scene before him, regret and anger flooding his face.

Stratos comes raging across the horizon, rage and thunder following in his wake.

OOC: Saya is staggered and stunned. Everyone gets a hero point for my absence, necessary though it was to see to my hospitalized father. Note to self, Megastar wasn't a good option for a first fight, as he can pound almost anything into sludge if he tries.

Glarx
2013-03-29, 04:12 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about that -- it takes half a round before she's back to not being staggered.

Rolling her arm and gritting her teeth, Saya nodded to the man. "Lucky punch. But it looks like you ain't under that dude's control anymore, so we'll have to take this to the ring."

Squares
2013-03-30, 06:58 AM
"Enough of this nonsense. I'll see what I can do about getting rid of Megastar".
Once again, Irene focuses on Doctor Stratos, her face set in an expression of grim determination and annoyance. "Roland, please prepare a portal. As far away from here as you can manage".
(Another mind control attempt, targeting Dr. Stratos)

Glarx
2013-03-30, 06:59 AM
"Nah, I think Megastar's okay, just he's probably a little like, 'dude, I wasn't me' or whatever. Anyways, bring the doctor down and I'll take care of it. We can make this easy."

Squares
2013-03-30, 11:03 AM
Irene, still focusing, smiles slightly.
"Whatever you say. You're sure you're willing to try and kill this man?"

Glarx
2013-03-30, 11:11 AM
"Unless one of the teachers tries to pull me off of him, yeah."

Squares
2013-04-01, 11:24 AM
Irene grins. "Good. Let's see if I can get him down here..."
(Mind control, still)

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-21, 12:35 AM
Doc Stratos stops in mid-air, Irene's power momentarily halting him.

He seems to resist, but stays in place.

Glarx
2013-04-21, 12:46 AM
Saya tried to gauge how far Stratos was from her, trying to determine how quickly she could make it to him. If Irene couldn't bring the man to Saya, Saya would bring herself to the man.

Squares
2013-04-29, 03:54 AM
"Come here, doctor," Irene commands, smiling slightly at her success.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-01, 11:47 PM
"Come here, doctor," Irene commands, smiling slightly at her success.

"Yes."

Stratos floats over to Irene.

Glarx
2013-05-01, 11:49 PM
Saya bounded over to the man, looking over to Irene. The woman seemed to have everything under control. It was time for her to do her part.

If Stratos didn't resist, she'd lock her fingers around his neck and apply enough pressure to collapse his windpipe.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-02, 02:07 PM
Saya bounded over to the man, looking over to Irene. The woman seemed to have everything under control. It was time for her to do her part.

If Stratos didn't resist, she'd lock her fingers around his neck and apply enough pressure to collapse his windpipe.

A silvery grey hand wraps around Saya's arm.

Megastar looks her in the eyes.

"We don't kill him. We're better than that. You're better than that."

The air roils and Seven, the school's head mage, teleports in, bands of earth wrapping Stratos to keep him immobile.

Glarx
2013-05-02, 02:12 PM
"That's not true," she whispered, letting go of Stratos' throat. She wasn't sure if he was stronger than she was -- Saya knew she was exceptionally strong -- but she didn't want to...

... What didn't she want to do?

She pushed the thoughts out of her mind and looked over to Irene.

"Sorry," she said tersely. "But I would've finished him off. I didn't lie."

Squares
2013-05-02, 04:11 PM
Irene smiles and nods. "I know. Thank you".
The very picture of composure, she turns to the two upperclassmen. "Thank you for your timely assistance".
She eyes Stratos (who is presumably still under her control) and smiles. "Now then, what would you propose I do with this man?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-08, 10:19 PM
Irene smiles and nods. "I know. Thank you".
The very picture of composure, she turns to the two upperclassmen. "Thank you for your timely assistance".
She eyes Stratos (who is presumably still under her control) and smiles. "Now then, what would you propose I do with this man?"

Seven nods to Irene.

"Think nothing of it."

The ground rises up in a chunk, carrying Stratos.

"I'll take him to Eldritch and then come back, and he'll hold onto him until the Freedom League can be --"

She teleports away, and returns a few seconds later

"-- contacted. Yep . . . so no one hurt?"

Glarx
2013-05-09, 12:00 AM
Saya looked around the area, shaking her head. "Don't seem like anyone got hurt or nothin'. Her--" Saya pointed to Irene, "--quick thinking got us out of the way before anything could happen. Real impressive stuff."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-13, 01:05 AM
Saya looked around the area, shaking her head. "Don't seem like anyone got hurt or nothin'. Her--" Saya pointed to Irene, "--quick thinking got us out of the way before anything could happen. Real impressive stuff."

Seven lands.

"Good, really good."

A few moments later you are all standing in Mr. Summers' office.

Glarx
2013-05-13, 01:10 AM
Before they were dragged into the office, Saya had a quick cigarette. Once they were about to enter the building, she snuffed the ember out and tucked the rest of the thing behind her ear, letting her hair cover it. No need to antagonize the faculty, but she'd be damned if she wasn't going to have a cig after getting hit in the face by Megastar.

The latina hero-in-training looked around the office if Mr. Summers wasn't inside, and if he was, she'd look at him instead.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-14, 05:01 PM
Before they were dragged into the office, Saya had a quick cigarette. Once they were about to enter the building, she snuffed the ember out and tucked the rest of the thing behind her ear, letting her hair cover it. No need to antagonize the faculty, but she'd be damned if she wasn't going to have a cig after getting hit in the face by Megastar.

The latina hero-in-training looked around the office if Mr. Summers wasn't inside, and if he was, she'd look at him instead.

Mr. Summers motions for you all to sit. The doors closes as Megastar and Seven leave, and you notice the asian woman from earlier, Ms. Daremo, was standing behind the door.

Summers clears his throat and stands up.

"You're all to be congratulated for what you did out there. It was a tough fight and you shouldn't have had to do it alone, but you rose to the challenge, good work. However . . . Saya, you clearly tried to kill Stratos, and that's not how we do things."

Glarx
2013-05-14, 06:03 PM
Saya shrugged. "The dude was going to kill students. Where I'm from, you do that, you know the consequences. The only way to stop a problem is to make sure it can't be a problem again. Don't just trip the guy, cut his hamstrings too. That sorta thing. I figure Claremont will breed that outta me, but it's the first day. Can't forget a lifetime already -- 'less that's what Ms. Daremo is here to do."

Squares
2013-05-14, 09:32 PM
"Mr. Summers, with all respect, if you didn't want us to resort to killing, why did you leave us to handle the matter?" Irene asks, her tone mild.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-23, 03:42 PM
"Mr. Summers, with all respect, if you didn't want us to resort to killing, why did you leave us to handle the matter?" Irene asks, her tone mild.

"There were other matters to see to, The Magpie was trying to get something from the containment vaults under the school. It seems he paid off Stratos quite a bit to do this, or at least provided him with something worth his while. Why or how a freelancer like him would use an A-list super-villain I don't know, but I intend to find out. Needless to say, I've had a lot of calls about parents wanting their kids out of here after that breach. I take it you'll be staying on?"

Glarx
2013-05-29, 09:54 PM
"If you got a call from my parents, I'd be surprised," Saya said, cracking one fist. "S'long as you're okay with me bein' here, I'll be here. Did this bird guy steal anything? Like, successfully?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-30, 10:01 AM
"If you got a call from my parents, I'd be surprised," Saya said, cracking one fist. "S'long as you're okay with me bein' here, I'll be here. Did this bird guy steal anything? Like, successfully?"

"Yes actually, he made off with a map just recently acquired by Ms. Daremo for safe keeping. So she has suggested you and some other students go and get it back. I'm not thrilled with risking you in the field, but I'm assured you are there for 'a field trip' as it were."

Glarx
2013-05-30, 10:03 AM
Saya did her best not to look surprised. "Cool. I'm game for it. We want this thing back in one piece, yeah?" She looked over at Irene, deferring to the smarter woman. Any real questions would probably be asked by her, not by Saya. She was a pretty girl -- beautiful, some might say -- but there wasn't too much going on in her head.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-31, 11:02 PM
Saya did her best not to look surprised. "Cool. I'm game for it. We want this thing back in one piece, yeah?" She looked over at Irene, deferring to the smarter woman. Any real questions would probably be asked by her, not by Saya. She was a pretty girl -- beautiful, some might say -- but there wasn't too much going on in her head.

Miss Daremo steps forward and puts a hand on Saya's shoulder. Though she doesn't feel it causing any pain, her touch is uncomfortable, like something lurks beneath it.

"Yes, two pieces won't do. One piece is of paramount importance."

Glarx
2013-06-05, 10:47 PM
"Then why're you sending a bunch of freshmen who haven't even had a proper barbecue to retrieve it? Shouldn't that be a thing that the trained heroes should be doing? I thought there would be more of a transition period, where you all learned what we could do and assemble a team and stuff from those statistics."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-06-18, 10:28 AM
"Then why're you sending a bunch of freshmen who haven't even had a proper barbecue to retrieve it? Shouldn't that be a thing that the trained heroes should be doing? I thought there would be more of a transition period, where you all learned what we could do and assemble a team and stuff from those statistics."

Ms Daremo nods.

"We've learned what we need, or at least I have. Can you follow my order Saya? If you can, I'll make you into an efficient person at what you do, and the other teachers can teach you the other stuff."

Glarx
2013-06-18, 01:13 PM
Saya rolled her neck. "S'long as you send Irene too, 'cause she seems like the more subtle one and she'd be able to get whatever it is you're lookin' for. Meanwhile, I can intercept whoever tries to hurt her, and work on my punch a little. Not like they're gonna keep me down for long."

Squares
2013-06-19, 01:03 PM
Irene shrugs, looking somewhat annoyed. "Mr. Summers, Ms. Daremo, you know enough about both myself and Saya to know that we don't really have any choice but to stay here, at least for the time being. So if our remaining at this school means that we have to work for you, then by all means, please tell us".