PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Inviting Abusive Ideas

Occasional Sage
2013-02-03, 03:09 AM
One of our party members just received a magic item which grants us all a second 5ft move per round. Now, I'm looking for the ways this could most effectively be used.

Open mic, power gamers; what would you do to make the DM cry?

Morcleon
2013-02-03, 03:30 AM
Ooh, it's the Sparring Dummy of the Master, isn't it? Awesome.

Now, get the slippers of battledancing (DMG II) and the ring of entropic deflection (MIC). The first grants, among other things, a +10' speed and Cha to attack and damage if you move 10' or more in a round. The second grants a 50% chance of deflecting a ranged attack (stacks with concealment) if you have a magical speed boost (granted by the slippers) and move 10' or more in a round.

I'm sure there are other abilities/magic items that would really benefit, but eh, it's late, and I'm too tired. :smalltongue:

Chilingsworth
2013-02-03, 08:12 AM
Umm, take scout levels, or get skirmish some other way? Enjoy your skirmish full attacks!

AcerbicOrb
2013-02-03, 02:31 PM
Refuse to use the speed boost for 'roleplay reasons' and lag behind the party. Preferably as a melee class used for tanking.

Ernir
2013-02-03, 02:57 PM
Combo with reach and any lockdown build for fun times. Notably, with a threatened space 10' or more wide, you can keep an opponent in the situation that even if he manages to escape your lock, he needs more than a single 5' step to actually be in a position to attack you, meaning more AoOs for you.