PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spellslinger Question

Phat13uddha
2013-02-03, 03:30 AM
Ok I got into an argument with a player of mine who's trying to convince me he can shoot his gun and cast a spell out it at the same time. And I can't find anything that says he can so I've been ruleing against it.
He's also trying to tell me he gets his +1 bonus from his gun to the damage of his spell, but I'm fairly sure that's wrong so I veto'd that one right from the start. I do know he does get the enhancement bonus on his "to hit" rolls.
But in fairness even tho I'm fairly sure he's wrong I agreed to ask y'all, who I hope know the rules better than myself. lol

PS
We are going with no bonus's to damage / and no shooting the gun and casting a spell until I hear from y'all.

And sorry if this has been asked before my Search Fu is weak and I didn't see it.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2013-02-03, 03:39 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/spellslinger

A spellslinger can cast any ranged touch attack, cone, line, or ray spells through his arcane gun. When he casts through the arcane gun, the gun’s enhancement bonus (if any) is a bonus to the spell’s attack rolls or to the spell’s saving throw DCs.This is what is meant by being able to cast spells through the gun. You have the right of it; just note that he could also increase the save DC instead of the attack bonus.