PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A simple TOB question

GreenSerpent
2013-02-03, 08:56 AM
A rather simple question I never bothered to find the answer out to.

A Warblade 8 has an initatior level of 8.
A Warblade 8/Iajitsu Master 10 has an initatior level of 13 (half levels).
If that Warblade then takes another level in Warblade does he pick his manevuers as a Warblade level 13, level 8, or something else?

Gigas Breaker
2013-02-03, 09:00 AM
Warblade 8/Iaijutsu master 10/Warblade +1 would choose maneuvers as a 14th level martial adept.

jindra34
14 Actually. Your forgetting to add the level of Warblade you would be taking.

Fouredged Sword
He gets the number of maneuvers and stances listed on the 9th level row of the warblade class. He can choose maneuvers as allowed by a 14th level initiator.

Darius Kane
2013-02-03, 09:51 AM
14 Actually. Your forgetting to add the level of Warblade you would be taking.
19th, actually. Most prestige classes give full IL. We can assume a full BaB combat prc does.

GreenSerpent
2013-02-03, 10:15 AM
Leaving aside the whether or not it is a full initatior level progression class (I'm assuming not) he gets maneveurs AS a 9th level warblade but can pick them as if he was a 14th level? Right-oh.

Zilzmaer
2013-02-03, 10:25 AM
19th, actually. Most prestige classes give full IL. We can assume a full BaB combat prc does.

Only PrC that specify initiator progression progress initiator level every level. Otherwise, they progress at the same rate as non-initiator base classes.

Answerer
2013-02-03, 10:46 AM
Only PrC that specify initiator progression progress initiator level every level. Otherwise, they progress at the same rate as non-initiator base classes.
That's not actually the rule. DariusKane is correct that the book says only "most PrCs". It's commonly bit not universally interpreted as those that actually give maneuvers.

Darius Kane
2013-02-03, 10:53 AM
Where does it say that? Because I believe you're incorrect. I read the rules on multiclassing and maneuvers and it pretty clearly says "most prcs give full IL".
I appears I was incorrect. Looking at the prcs and example statblocks only prcs that specifically say they give full IL do that. Bloodclaw Master progresses maneuvers and says it gives full IL. Bloodstorm Blade, although it's class features do use maneuvers, doesn't have a progression and doesn't have that clause, and it is treated as 1/2 IL in the example NPCs stats.
I was too focused on that one general statement and didn't bother reading the prcs themselves. Sorry for the confusion.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-02-03, 11:07 AM
Ummm taking Example NPCs to interpret rules is risky bussiness, we all know how borked they tend to be, The Master of the nine doesn't even qualify.

Darius Kane
2013-02-03, 11:33 AM
How does he not qualify?
And I'm not using the stablocks to interpret rules. We have the rules and the statblocks just confirm them, is all.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-02-03, 01:05 PM
How does he not qualify?
And I'm not using the stablocks to interpret rules. We have the rules and the statblocks just confirm them, is all.

Master of the Nine requires 5 feats as pre-requisites, without flaws or bonus feats the only way to get all those is human with 9 levels, yet the example Mot9 entered the class at level 8.

Answerer
2013-02-03, 01:10 PM
Master of the Nine requires 5 feats as pre-requisites, without flaws or bonus feats the only way to get all those is human with 9 levels, yet the example Mot9 entered the class at level 8.
He actually is Human, but yeah, Human Swordsage 7/Master of the Nine 3: he only got Improved Unarmed Strike at 9th level, which means he should be Swordsage 9/Master of the Nine 1.