PDA

View Full Version : Girl Meets World

Traab
2013-02-03, 12:51 PM
Am I the only one excited about this ? I LOVED this series growing up, and the fact that they got the original corey and topanga is awesome. I loved the humor, I loved the show, and I really really REALLY want to see how much of the old cast we will get to at least see cameos of. (eric had BETTER be back every now and then)

*EDIT* Removed the link since it apparently has malware on it. Basic gist is, Boy Meets World is getting a sequel. Its called Girl Meets World, and it involves Corey and Topanga, two of the old shows main characters who got married and have children now. Their daughter is the new main character. They have a solid lineup of characters, and I believe there is more than just those two returning from the old cast.

Gnoman
2013-02-03, 11:50 PM
Site linked gives a malware warning in Chrome.

Kitten Champion
2013-02-04, 12:03 AM
I very vaguely remember that. It had the guy from Saint Elsewhere on it.

Is he still alive?

mangosta71
2013-02-04, 09:57 AM
Are they still going to live next door to Feeney? And is he going to be the main character's teacher in grade school, principal in high school, and then move across the state to be one of her college professors? Because that's not creepy or stalkerish. :smalltongue:

Traab
2013-02-04, 01:55 PM
Are they still going to live next door to Feeney? And is he going to be the main character's teacher in grade school, principal in high school, and then move across the state to be one of her college professors? Because that's not creepy or stalkerish. :smalltongue:

He will be wheeled around town in his nursing home bed grunting and wheezing while everyone pretends he is giving out sage advice.

HamHam
2013-02-06, 03:11 PM
Wow. This is not something I could ever have predicted existing, but that just makes it more awesome.

Anteros
2013-02-06, 08:37 PM
Hmm...dunno how this will do. The main draw seems like it'll be nostalgia...that that's not going to be real effective on their target demographic since they'll be too young to remember it.

Still going to give it a look though.

Traab
2013-02-06, 09:12 PM
Hmm...dunno how this will do. The main draw seems like it'll be nostalgia...that that's not going to be real effective on their target demographic since they'll be too young to remember it.

Still going to give it a look though.

On the other hand, they also seem to be making a next generation of the old cast, so they are sticking with a formula that has proven to be popular. For example, they have a best friend that is a wild child like shawn, a minkus variant, things like that. So from that standpoint it seems like a good idea. I mean, I cant even remember how many years the original series lasted, but if girl meets world lasts half that long it will be a successful show.

HamHam
2013-02-06, 11:46 PM
On the other hand, they also seem to be making a next generation of the old cast, so they are sticking with a formula that has proven to be popular. For example, they have a best friend that is a wild child like shawn, a minkus variant, things like that. So from that standpoint it seems like a good idea. I mean, I cant even remember how many years the original series lasted, but if girl meets world lasts half that long it will be a successful show.

It's not like specific character types are really what made the show good though. I think it's more about having a good amount of talent in the writers and actors, so the question is can they find that again.

mangosta71
2013-02-11, 11:37 AM
Well, it started with Cory in, what, fifth grade? And followed him all through junior high and high school, and at least a couple years into college. That's 10 years right there, minimum.

Traab
2013-02-11, 11:46 AM
It's not like specific character types are really what made the show good though. I think it's more about having a good amount of talent in the writers and actors, so the question is can they find that again.

Oh I agree, what I meant was more, they are following the formula that worked the first time as close as they can without it being an actual reboot of the series. It makes sense considering how big of a hit it was. But yeah, they need to back it up with good writers and actors otherwise it will flop and flop hard.

GnomeFighter
2013-02-11, 11:49 AM
7 years. 1993-2000.

Also, for some reason I clearly remember watching boy meets world and enjoying it, but don't remember a single thing about it.

Traab
2013-02-11, 12:23 PM
7 years. 1993-2000.

Also, for some reason I clearly remember watching boy meets world and enjoying it, but don't remember a single thing about it.

I remember the episode where corey joined the wrestling team in high school as the only flyweight in the area so he got the lettermans jacket without having to wrestle once. Then one of the goons joined the team and bang, he had to wrestle. They even brought in an old WWF wrestler Vadar to guest star.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 06:39 PM
Am I the only one excited about this ? I LOVED this series growing up, and the fact that they got the original corey and topanga is awesome. I loved the humor, I loved the show, and I really really REALLY want to see how much of the old cast we will get to at least see cameos of. (eric had BETTER be back every now and then)

*EDIT* Removed the link since it apparently has malware on it. Basic gist is, Boy Meets World is getting a sequel. Its called Girl Meets World, and it involves Corey and Topanga, two of the old shows main characters who got married and have children now. Their daughter is the new main character. They have a solid lineup of characters, and I believe there is more than just those two returning from the old cast.

This outta be interesting.

Karoht
2013-02-14, 04:07 PM
7 years. 1993-2000.

I said exactly those words about Friends and Seinfeld.

SaintRidley
2013-02-14, 05:05 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about the show.