PDA

View Full Version : What if you were Epic-level?

fireinthedust
2006-11-07, 11:50 AM
Here's my question: You're at your computer, sipping your slurm, and suddenly inspiration hits you. You're suddenly an epic-level PC!

Any race, class, prc.

What do you do? (feel free to interact and counter one another). You're in modern... wherever you are.

I'll go first: I fix my heater! bwah-hahahhaha. Urm, ok, then I (obviously an Archmage of considerable might) create a giant floating citadel and an army of winged monkeys to enforce my will upon Toronto. Hmmm... monkey-themed roller-casters.

Redwizard26
2006-11-07, 11:53 AM
shouldn't this go in silly message board games?
but incase I'm wrong
I would use all my great wealth and pay off my education then I would go to the middle east and fix all the problems myself and then I would solve world hunger

Doglord
2006-11-07, 12:08 PM
Familiar spell! Behold the raven of ultimate power!

Shazzbaa
2006-11-07, 12:14 PM
I'm just trying to figure out what class I'd be. Reasonably I think I'm a bard of some sort, due to a lack of combat usefulness but a decent diplomacy skill... but it'd be awesome to one day accidentally awaken my innate arcane magics ("I knew it! I knew I was just a late bloomer!") as a sorcerer. :smallbiggrin:

Realistically, my life wouldn't change at all either way. I'd still be going to art school, I'd just happen to also be magical and/or able to change peoples' minds with a word (or a song). Though bardic abilities, I must admit, I might take advantage of every once in a while if I really felt I needed to convince someone of something...

But yeah... just knowing me, even if I was given phenomenal cosmic powers, I wouldn't use them much outside the small circle of influence I have now.

I would like a familiar, though.

Wizzardman
2006-11-07, 01:58 PM
Epic level Wizard/Druid. Epic spellcasters all the way!

First thing I would do is show off a bit--test out my new capabilities with a couple presdigitations, some major illusions, a teleport or two...

Then, I would use my new powers to desperately attempt to influence American politics in the direction of SANITY. That might take an epic spell or two, but it'd be so worth it.

Next, I'd start crafting some epic spells to speed up the colonization of Mars. Because Mars is cool.

silentknight
2006-11-07, 02:13 PM
Epic Monk!
Unparalleled awesomeness, times 2!
Bruce Lee + Chuck Norris + pure cool = me!
I just think that an average looking person, unarmed, unassuming that can kick the trash out of everything in sight but with the wisdom, harmony, oneness to realize you don't need to sounds too cool.
I suppose I would open a dojo to teach awesomeness to the masses.

Hyrael
2006-11-07, 02:18 PM
Wizard-Druid Archane Heirophant, with a macaw familair/companion (AH makes them one and the same). I would be able to screw around with the laws of biology AND the laws of physics at once. good times. in my opinion, the world as it is is seriously messed up, and needs to be put back on track. Im not arrogant enough to think I know how to fix it, but I can hazard a few efforts that would give the world a chance to fix itself, plus arrange things to my own liking.

for race:..........something immortal, or at least very long-lived

I would take complete control over the north woods and prevent any development, polution or logging, and do the same to various other locations around the world, such as africa, the congo, a significant part of brazil (protected by an army of albino shouting gorillas and cassowaraies), keep an eye on costa rica...
remove the entirety of the middle-east region from existance and transplant it into it's own personal demi-plane (which I expect to last about five seconds before being blown up from within.)...
Telelport to europa and see if there's anything under the ice or not (i've always wondered), screw around with the school system to end this whole evoltion controversy, prevent book bannings, and stop religions screwballs from having any say in anything whatsoever (it CAN be done!)...
deliver swift, non-lethal retribution to certain choice individuals...

introduce a combine-style supression feild for a decade or two in an effort to cut down on the human population (im serious, this would solve SO many problems.)

and, maybe later, if this stuff doesnt pan out, or I do some deep thinking on the subject, trigger an ice age. just for kicks. clear the playing feild, hit the reset button, that sort of thing.

the above is semi-serious, as it reflects my own values and interests. And, Ive always wanted a parrot. I agree, that having a familiar would be awesom, and I wish there was more published material on them, to make them more usefull.

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-07, 02:22 PM
Epic level wizard. 'cause then I'd be batman. Nah, Monk/Wizard/Enlightened Fist. Remove all unwanted individuals from the world, personally. Then push world politics back in the right direction. Then make the masses worship me as a god. Then pay a few folks a visit....

Evil_Pacifist
2006-11-07, 02:22 PM
I would be a rogue/sorcerer/arcane trickster with improved unarmed strike. I would, I dunno, maybe steal stuff and be awesome in general.

Gnorosch
2006-11-07, 02:31 PM
An epic rogue/wizard.

And I would create myself a pocket dimension in Switzerland.

BardicLasher
2006-11-07, 02:41 PM
Craft a wondrous item that gives "Protection from Nukes" in a 1,000 mile radius and sell it to the highest bidder.

Nahal
2006-11-07, 02:57 PM
Epic Wizard: The world is my playground. I can kill you with your nightmares, build a house out of nothing but magic, turn into a dragon, and generally make the laws of science sit down and shut up. Epic spellcasting only amplifies this. Basically I amuse myself by bending reality to my whim, then make my own world when this one becomes boring.

Epic Cleric of Cthulhu: Self-explanatory. "IA! IA! Cthulhu Ftaghn!" Islam is for pansies.

Epic Druid: Save the rainforest by teaching it to fight back. "All your lumber yard are belong to us!"

Epic Monk: "I'm Buddha, b*tches!"

Epic Fighter: Well, maybe not. Seriously, what would the point be?

Fax Celestis
2006-11-07, 03:23 PM
I'd make myself an epic Sorceror and become the greatest thief of all time.

Magnus_Samma
2006-11-07, 03:27 PM
I'd be an epic spellsword and rule a small country with an adamantine-covered enchanted fist.

Behold_the_Void
2006-11-07, 04:39 PM
Epic level Psion, definitely. Extreme powers of the mind without having to worry about a spell book and spell components AND getting power progression into epic level so that I eventually exceed the wizard in extreme versatility and the sorcerer in extreme adaptability AND being able to craft epic powers? Yes please!

Not sure what I'd do with it though. Likely continue with business as usual until I think of something else that interests me more.

storybookknight
2006-11-07, 04:56 PM
Probably an epic spellcaster of some sort... I would have my very own Island of Dr. Moreau and tamper with genetics so I can have man-eating plants, or maybe start breeding dragons which I will later use to alter the course of history.

Dhavaer
2006-11-07, 04:58 PM
Epic Psion. I'd quit my job and find someone willing to pay me to do stuff with my crazy mind powers.

Rykaj
2006-11-07, 05:01 PM
Easy. I'd be an epic bard and you'd see me on every tv channel, all over the world, all the time. :D

Thexare Blademoon
2006-11-07, 05:17 PM
Semi-realistically, Rogue/Shadowdancer. I can't (or rather, shouldn't) sing, so bard's out. I'm simply not very strong, so Fighter's out (as a primary, but due to my interest in swordplay I could see it as an extra, maybe 15/10/4). I only have limited interest in nature, which kills Druid and, to a lesser extent, Ranger. I'm entirely non-religious, so byebye Cleric and Paladin. I'm definitely not charismatic, so there went the Sorcerer, and I hate studying (even though I learn fast), so not a Wizard.

This is taking my personality and current skills into consideration.

On the other hand, ideally, without thinking of personality and the like? Epic Wizard (Illusionist).

NullAshton
2006-11-07, 05:29 PM
Probally epic psion. The ability to get ultimate power, without spending a single cent on anything? Yes please.

I_Got_This_Name
2006-11-07, 06:41 PM
Well, I'd be a Wizard, definitely.

I probably wouldn't turn the world into my personal playground, but I'd do the occasional subtle thing to improve it in small ways. I would build myself a Demiplane, though.

bosssmiley
2006-11-07, 06:44 PM
1: Epic Wizard.
2: Research and then spam epic spell "Origin of the Species: Smiley"
3: World domination through cutely anarchic joyfulness (infiltrating your homes one bowl of custard at a time!).
4: Profit!

:smallsmile:

Soniku
2006-11-07, 08:39 PM
Epic level... shifter.

Yeah, thats the one.

I'd just go into a cat form and have a nice nap. Simple pleasures n_n

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-11-07, 09:38 PM
Deffinetly Epic sorcerer. I love the idea of casting powerful magic and look DAMN good doing it.

"oh no! my daughter's stuck in that flood!"
"don't worry ma'am, I'll save your daughter!"
*BLAM* "oh hell....uhhh...it was an ugly little girl anyway"
"oh thank you sir!"

Nahal
2006-11-07, 10:02 PM
Or the Killer Gnome taken to level 40 or more... create illusions so powerful they might as well be the real thing.

Aust_Arrowsplitter
2006-11-07, 10:33 PM
Epic Psion/Elocator.

Because travelling twice the speed of sound is for grandmas who need to get the lead out...

Besides, crazy mental powers isn't fun unless you can do something cool... like float instead of walk.

As for what I'd actually do?
Oooh! Use my powers to help scientists research FTL drives so we can colonize planets and stuff.

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-07, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry I was just taking care of a Hundred-Handed Giant, what were you talking about? O! I have to take care of that prismatic dragon, brb.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-11-07, 10:45 PM
Since you failed to specify just how epic-level, I'll be taking this to its logical conclusion:

20Rog/20Cler/60Psion(Telepath).

OR

20Rog/20Cler/60Wizard.

Your brains is mine! Sneakily mine! Also if I like you you don't have to worry about dying.

Oh, almost forgot; I'll almost certainly be PrC'ing to Epic Infiltrator, Thrallherd, Cerebramancer maybe, and maybe even something from Libris Mortis. Because, y'know, Zombies.

OOooh, and we get to pick Race, too? Whoo!
I pick Elan.

:elan: Live, live, live, through the tiresome millenia!

Zincorium
2006-11-07, 11:07 PM
True necromancer. Because Goth is so much cooler when you have the power to back it up.

Oh, and the lichiness.

Grim Greyscale
2006-11-07, 11:42 PM
Realistically? I'd be a Druid. If its what we would most WANT to be, Sorcerer by far. I've never been one for deviation. Boo Multiclassing!

Nerd-o-rama
2006-11-08, 01:13 AM
If I were epic level, I wouldn't be completely failing to write a computer program write now. I'd have made an Epic spell to write code for me. Only problem is, it'd take several thousand first level casters to cast, and I don't know how feasible Legendary Commander is in reality. Plus my prof might consider it cheating.

Wizard 40+/Archmage 5. No need to be anything else.

Kamakazee_Gnome
2006-11-08, 01:20 AM
Paladin/Monk (mostly Paladin). If I can choose a race, half-celestial, or Astral Deva at level 40+. No, it's not the best from an "I win" perspective, but it's cool.

And what to do? End the whole mess in the mideast and this whole "war on terror", personally (tell both sides they're wrong... fun, even just to see the looks on their faces). Then move on to the world's other problems, and generally act like any rediculously powerful force for Law and Good.

Callos_DeTerran
2006-11-08, 02:11 AM
Am I the only one who would abuse the Epic level power for the forces of evil? >.> I guess so. Cleric of Cthulu all the way with a weekly Apoclyapse from the Sky in a random country. Weekly instead of daily because I'll be using an epic spell to create artifacts in the meantime.

Oh, and permenately change into some abberation. Probaly one of my own devising.

Seffbasilisk
2006-11-08, 02:34 AM
Warlock. I just like the concept.

If not that, then druid. The one that loses wildshape and gets monks + to speed and AC, and ranger's favored enemy? That 'un.

The_Pope
2006-11-08, 02:40 AM
As for class, I have no idea, most likely a bard since I'm all charm and just about nothing else. But I'd so be a vampire lord, crashing posh, straight-necked parties, messing with people for fun and causing my own little bit of mayhem. And while the rest of you epic guys all die of old age, I'll just be sitting there with a big ole smug smile on my ever-young face. Haw.

Whamme
2006-11-08, 02:42 AM
Sorceror. Why? Don't want to risk not having my spellbook, there's a risk I would not have spell mastery, and honestly - being a Wizard is HARD WORK. You have to MEMORIZE STUFF. Bah.

And if I got to choose, I know Wish and have a Dragon Familiar. Plus Epic Leadership. Because that would be cool.

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-08, 06:18 AM
O! yes, Epic leadership, then open a sweatshop with the 1000+ workers, then I buy out Walmart with my $10000000000000000000+ and charms, and slowly buyout and merge all companies under my control until I rule the world's economy. Then you work for me, Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ha. Then using magic, create my own Lovcraftian type mount, ride it up to my enemies, and tentacle smack them. What Crazy 100+ Wizard wouldn't do that? I wish I had maxed out climb, the ability to climb perfectly smooth ceilings.

geek_2049
2006-11-08, 06:41 AM
I would be a CG duel scimitar wielding drowish ranger 21. I also frequently kill BBEGs way above my CR b/c my DM is afraid to to put me out of my misery. Gorramnit I have been playing me since level one, I am original I er umm swear I am. ::goes shifty eyed::

Telonius
2006-11-08, 07:47 AM
Epic elf bard focused on Perform (Oratory); with maybe a level or two of Rogue (to get Evasion and Uncanny Dodge). For Feats, Leadership, Epic Leadership, and a few Extended Life Spans. I'd get myself made king of the world.

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-08, 09:08 AM
Ye may be king, but I own the market. Tentacle Smack!

Telonius
2006-11-08, 10:16 AM
Ah, but with my Diplomacy and Bluff, you'll always be letting me in on the sweet deals. :smallwink:

NullAshton
2006-11-08, 10:21 AM
What I'd do would probably be fairly simple. Get a lot of cash, get a nice mansion, a permanent gate into my own private demiplane... And develop a few epic spells to make me nearly immortal and let me have some fun. Turning the president into a hamster, for example. :biggrin:

Cybren
2006-11-08, 10:23 AM
Monk, and then i'd become a mixed martial artist.
Also, not aging is neat.

NullAshton
2006-11-08, 10:41 AM
You still die when your time is up. And you still get wrinkles.

That's why I'd like to be a caster. EPIC SPELLS FTW!

Drasco101
2006-11-08, 10:51 AM
Epic level?
Chance Durnahm, Dragon Slayer
Fighter/Rouge/Dragon Slayer Presitige class
As a Fighter I have decent bonus feats, My Rougeish self has Evasion and back stabing and skills, and as a Dragon Slayer I'm just bad a$$.

Behold the Dragon Knights of Waterdeep!

Fawsto
2006-11-08, 03:11 PM
You will think I'm a fool, but I guess I'd be a Paladin...

I'd use talents such Great Leadership and Epic Leadership to gather an army of good soldiers to remove the chaos and evil from the World.

NullAshton
2006-11-08, 03:32 PM
Meh, that's boring. Epic spellcasting for the win!

Thistle
2006-11-08, 06:25 PM
Not quite sure. I’d want to be something along the lines of half prismatic dragon half celestial pixie with at least thirty levels in all base classes that didn’t require an evil alignment, and all prestige classes.
But that’s kind of boring and it would take me twenty years to figure out all my abilities. So I’ll go with a Wizard 20/ Psion 20/ Cleric 20/ Monk 20 half celestial human with a cat familiar. In all likelihood I’d be too lazy to actually do too much in the way of sway world events. I’d make an epic spell so I could spend time on a timeless demiplane where you can spend as much time there and no time would pass on our plane. If it could hold illusionary monsters that granted massive amounts of XP for being "defeated" so much the better. From there it’s just a matter of researching spells and crafting stuff that I remember I want (like a spell to grant divine ranks).

NullAshton
2006-11-08, 07:16 PM
Thistle, how about you just develop an epic spell to do that...

axraelshelm
2006-11-08, 07:35 PM
become a lich cleric and using my might to make a techonlogy void tower knocking all the weapon systems in the world offline then start to kill people one by one making undead out of each one, then constructing a tower that empowers and heals undead that encompass's the entire world which make the limit of undead that i control limitless then conquer country after country making my army more powerful with each victory.
When all are silent in the world I shall take this world and guide it into space waiting to kill other races along the way adding to my brood forever searching for new planets to conquer while i sit in my ice catheral staring into a cyrstal ball searching for life.

NullAshton
2006-11-08, 09:18 PM
Um yeah... being undead kind of kills that for me. I'd prefer body parts not falling off, thank you very much.

Signmaker
2006-11-08, 09:23 PM
I would be Pun-Pun.

Who creates an epic spell of "Rocks fall and everyone dies"

NullAshton
2006-11-08, 09:32 PM
GAH PUN-PUN!

Wait... ha, he isn't epic-level! You lose. Choose someone else. :)

...well, that, and the fact there's no sarahuk or whatever in this universe. So you can't polymorph into one.

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-08, 10:04 PM
Lich with Amulate of Gental Repose, yer flesh may be cold, but it is still there. So now I'm undead and thus uneffected by level drains and mind effecting shizznit. I focus on creating an army of Zombies and Skeletons to work in my sweatshops. Then I permancy myself with every Det. Spell, Speech spell, and Defencive spells, as well as epic created spells that control limitless HD of people. (effectively lasting 1 round, however it is also permancied.) I will then have massive HP for a caster (d12's from the lich), I then try to find a spell to get me a Divine Rating. My huddled masses feeding my divine pressence until I could pwn Jesus. Mahahahahahahahaha!

vanyell
2006-11-08, 11:13 PM
either thinking my dominate based warlock prc so I can make the peons do just about whatever I want

Hey You! kill yourself for me would you? URK! Thanks...

OR

a halcf celestial silver dragon 20sor/ 10 dragon ascendant

the_tick_rules
2006-11-08, 11:17 PM
while i do enjoy playing fighters, if i were able to become one in real world i'd go wizard. think of what i could do with the spells. plus with nobody knowing what was going on, awesome.

Nahal
2006-11-09, 12:17 AM
Wizard or Psion ftw. Downside to psions is lack of versatility, where wizards can invent their own spells if they take the time to research them. Downside to wizards is the annoying dependency on their formula sheets (err... spellbook). Basically I'd have to go with a full caster class, because no other option lets you violate reality in such interesting and creative ways. Oh, and I'd have a cat familiar named Yakko.

Name_Here
2006-11-09, 01:04 AM
I'd love to be an epic lvl Commoner. That would be something to see.

I could probaly plant and harvest my turnips in the same day. Before breakfast.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 01:43 AM
Let's see. Sorcerer 20/Wizard 20/Cleric 20/Mystic Theurge 10/ Archmage 5/Lich.

Because then I could do whatever I wanted. With an insane amount of spells per day. And no-one could stop me. *Does the Hammer dance* Can't touch this!

Abd al-Azrad
2006-11-09, 01:52 AM
While I know full well that epic casters win, I'm leaning heavily towards epic assassin/perfect wight. Just because, while not the best way to get phenomenally rich and control the world... just imagine how many people you could kill and no one would ever know about it? Take a few Bard levels for Modify Memory, and make the butler actually think he did the killing!

Nahal
2006-11-09, 03:06 PM

Because then I could do whatever I wanted. With an insane amount of spells per day. And no-one could stop me. *Does the Hammer dance* Can't touch this!

Why combine sorc and wizard levels? I'd replace the 20 sorc levels with another 20 levels of theurge (epic PrCs, baby) and add in some Heirophant levels for good measure. Better yet, swap cleric for Archivist so you only need one casting stat :-D

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-09, 03:29 PM
No Keep the Sorc and add Ultimate Magus 10
so you would be a Sorcerer 20/Wizard 20/Cleric 20/Mystic Theurge 10/ Archmage 5/Ultimate Magus 10/Lich

85 + LA for the Lich

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 03:31 PM
Why combine sorc and wizard levels? I'd replace the 20 sorc levels with another 20 levels of theurge (epic PrCs, baby) and add in some Heirophant levels for good measure. Better yet, swap cleric for Archivist so you only need one casting stat :-D

Spontaneus and prepared casting. Nearly double the amount of spells. I wasn't exactly going for most practical, just what would get me the most spell slinging.

No Keep the Sorc and add Ultimate Magus 10
so you would be a Sorcerer 20/Wizard 20/Cleric 20/Mystic Theurge 10/ Archmage 5/Ultimate Magus 10/Lich

85 + LA for the Lich

Now that's not a bad idea. I'd forgotten about the ultimate magus, mostly because I can't afford/don't buy too many game enhancements, but that would be win.

Natania
2006-11-09, 03:36 PM
I'd just be psionic and rouge.... Root around in people's minds... know what their thinking.... make them act on you will.... YES PLEASE!!!

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-09, 03:36 PM
How many spells is that?

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:43 PM
Hm. Let see...
Wizard/Psion/CEREBREMANCER.
Why chose one when you can have both?

SpiderBrigade
2006-11-09, 03:49 PM

Ok, really. You've got essentially unlimited epic levels to play with. You could easily take 10 more levels of wizard and cleric. Why the Mystic Theurge levels?

NEO|Phyte
2006-11-09, 03:49 PM
Wizard X/Psion(telepath) 1/Thrallherd 1

In other words, my Zerg build. (I would link to it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment)
For the Swarm! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1028466&postcount=11)

Nahal
2006-11-09, 11:13 PM
Advantage to that build at epic levels is that you can bypass the pesky process of item creation and make yourself a handy little epic spell that lets you detonate them remotely rather than make a bunch of gauntlets. Bonus: after the inital research you can churn them out many times faster!

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-09, 11:32 PM
My left hand, +20 Flaming, Flaming, Flaming, Flaming Burst, Flaming Burst, Water Bane, Vaporal Katana. My Left, +10, Defending, Dancing Intelligent Sword named Fred.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 04:40 PM
Ok, really. You've got essentially unlimited epic levels to play with. You could easily take 10 more levels of wizard and cleric. Why the Mystic Theurge levels?

Because after level twenty those classes stop giving all the regular benefits. As a wizard you can just learn all the spells anyways, why bother putting levels in it to do so? With the theurge you get the extra spells, plus save progression and BAB.

SpiderBrigade
2006-11-10, 07:41 PM
Because after level twenty those classes stop giving all the regular benefits. As a wizard you can just learn all the spells anyways, why bother putting levels in it to do so? With the theurge you get the extra spells, plus save progression and BAB.

I was under the impression that once you hit character level 21, you only ever get the epic progression for save and BaB. All you get from your class is class features. In fact I'm almost positive this is the case.

Which brings me to a further point: wizard levels 21-30 give you access to Epic Bonus Feats. Same for cleric. Mystic theurge is not going to give you those until you hit Mystic Theurge 11, and even then it's waaaay fewer than epic wizard or cleric get.

The only reason you might want Mystic Theurge is if you already have pretty much all the epic feats you want, and just need to efficiently increase your caster level in both Cleric and Wizard. Which isn't all that important since Epic Spells/day is a function of Knowledge ranks, not caster level.

Signmaker
2006-11-10, 10:24 PM
I'd love to be an epic lvl Commoner. That would be something to see.

"And with a single snicker-snack of his vorpal hoe, the dragon lay dead in the fields, its flowing blood nourishing the crops, its claws forevermore used to harvest the bounty."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 10:31 PM
I was under the impression that once you hit character level 21, you only ever get the epic progression for save and BaB. All you get from your class is class features. In fact I'm almost positive this is the case.

Which brings me to a further point: wizard levels 21-30 give you access to Epic Bonus Feats. Same for cleric. Mystic theurge is not going to give you those until you hit Mystic Theurge 11, and even then it's waaaay fewer than epic wizard or cleric get.

The only reason you might want Mystic Theurge is if you already have pretty much all the epic feats you want, and just need to efficiently increase your caster level in both Cleric and Wizard. Which isn't all that important since Epic Spells/day is a function of Knowledge ranks, not caster level.

Teach me to not own the Epic Level Handbook. Ah well, it doesn't much matter. I'd still be uber, and I'd still have more spells than you could shake a stick at.

The_Werebear
2006-11-11, 07:32 PM
Here's something no one thought up.

Epic Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker/Bear Warrior.

I will lead the fight for freedom from the multiple armies of undead running around, as well as Rexidiotaum's undead Wal-Mart Franchise.

Of course, I will have to be several feet beside my frenzying warriors.

StickMan
2006-11-11, 10:47 PM
I become king of the world and establish world peace. If you Have a probem with that I kill you with a look.

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-11, 11:03 PM
"Raghh...Welcome to Wal-" Jaw falls off Zombie in blue vest. He looks down depressed.

You can't stop it, and Kingship doesn't matter, because I own everything. You got a problem with that? then fight your way through Zombies and Walmart workers (redundant, I know).

MandibleBones
2006-11-12, 12:24 AM
Monk 20 / Sorc 20 / Dragon Disciple 10 / Dragon Ascendant 10. Then divine rank.

Ascended mortal for the win.

Deepblue706
2006-11-12, 01:16 PM
If I were epic level, I probably wouldn't do anything overt. I'd most likely try to apply my newfound power in more subtle means, and probably devote the rest of my life to researching various diseases and attempt to cure them (I would assume skills points do come with the levels, yes? Free knowledge points might be a great help). But, I would never reveal the extent of my abilities unless I had no other choice - the last thing I want is a bunch of complaining losers to come up to me, going "wahhh wahhh there's evil things all over the place, go kill them." And then, there's also the possibility of meeting other crazy-powerful beings, so I think I'll just stay secluded so I don't have to deal with that crap.

If I could choose my class(es), I'd probably go for a gish build....and then just straight wizard from 20 on.

Nahal
2006-11-14, 12:16 AM
Monk 20 / Sorc 20 / Dragon Disciple 10 / Dragon Ascendant 10. Then divine rank.

Ascended mortal for the win.

That's... brilliant. Much quicker than starting your own religion.

I wonder, if you start your own religion, and enough people join, does the god become real?

MandibleBones
2006-11-14, 01:16 AM
I wonder, if you start your own religion, and enough people join, does the god become real?

Ask Elan.

That's... brilliant.

Though it should be Dragon Ascendant 12 - and only if the Great GM in the Sky considers half gold dragons to be "true dragons".

*shrugs* But if I can't push the envelope, what's the point of trying to be a half-dragon God?

Nahal
2006-11-14, 11:10 PM
In Elan's case it was Odin getting all whimsical. I'm talking the power of massed faith, Ori-in-SG1-style.

Though something about the idea of a puppet god is simply delicious. If the puppet's a god, what about the guy who wields him?

I'd like to think it'd be me.

Tiberian
2006-11-14, 11:33 PM
I'd go Monk 20/Ranger 20/Deepwood Sniper 10/Initiate of the Bow 10...Green Arrow style. Your zombies are great and all, but stay out of my city.

Cybren
2006-11-15, 12:01 AM
I'd go Monk 20/Ranger 20/Deepwood Sniper 10/Initiate of the Bow 10...Green Arrow style. Your zombies are great and all, but stay out of my city.

yeah i think i'd just go x+10 monk, where x is the highest character level anyone else claims they'll go

reorith
2006-11-15, 07:24 AM
how epic are we talking?

i'd punch out god

paigeoliver
2006-11-15, 07:38 AM
I would be 20+ straight levels of Wanderer, which is a class we use that is a remixed rogue that trades sneak attack for bonus feats, and almost all the bonus feats allowed are ones that give bonuses to skill points.

Of course I was choosing under the idea that you can't cast spells in the real world, and that being a high level warrior would be useless.

Rex Idiotarum
2006-11-15, 09:22 AM
Let's see, Dread Necromancer 50+
Undead Leadership, CorpseCrafter, Turn Resistance Corpsecrafter feat, Expody Death Corpsecrafter, Strength boosting Corpsecrafter, Epic Undead Leadership, Uber-Epic Undead Leadership(the one that times your followers by ten), Undead Plague spells, oh, and my Char is +53 (18(if not starting, after wishes then) + 10(Feats) + 10(enhancement) + (+15) levelups) Which leaves me with a leadership score of +110, I have a keep and a good reputation for undead. Not to mention the undead that I can raise (caster level + 4 +(+53)).
Not to metion, that I'm not that bad at surviving, DR 2/Pericing and Slashing and all my HD are now D12s. All 50+

bladesmith
2006-11-15, 01:34 PM
Fighter/Ranger, probably with a smattering of paladin for good measure.

As for what I'd do... Probably the same as I'd like to do already, except on a larger scale. Play working missionary. Go into a country, and help bring up the standard of living, and teach people about Christ on my days off. Just try and be an example for Christians around the world, I guess. A guy does what he can.

Eela6
2006-11-16, 11:53 PM
I would be a Wizard. I would then obtain a familiar - a tiny viper, to be exact.

Then I would cast Shapechange. The rest is history (otherwise known as Pun-Pun.) [No, Pun-Pun doesn't have to a be a Kobold. It's simply more steps otherwise.]

lsfreak
2006-11-17, 12:46 AM
Knowing me, after a few centuries of keeping myself alive, I'd get bored, send Australia into orbit, merge Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune into a second sun, and have a celestial fireworks display by simultaneously adding billions of billions of tons of iron to the core of every star except our sun and the new one (Jupturanune!)

Failing (or before) the above, I'd probably either a) make myself known and form a world government, b) declare war on the planet, c) stay completely unknown but become essensially a political assassin/mindgames seriel killer/vigilante, and probably become the world's leading expert of various methods of (especially psychological) torture in the process. I believe the third is the most likely, as it pulls me as the most interesting.

I'm not going to say classes, although it'd probably be spellcaster with tons of mind-controlling and direct damage spells, along with lots of assassin-ish abilities. However, I'd much more rather use my own abilities over relying on spells and such, although that's not to say I wouldn't use them to great effect when I did. If you've ever seen or read Hellsing, I'd probably be a lot like Alucard (like for blood aside) - I'd toy with people a lot, but not use more overt power unless it's warrented and when whatever enemies I'm facing think they have me bested.

Szatany
2006-11-17, 12:57 AM
Epic wizard. Then I gate in some cybermen and start upgrading the universe mwahahaha :biggrin: :tongue: :yuk: :yuk: :cool:

Who
2006-11-17, 02:20 PM
Same as above but with Daleks

Fax Celestis
2006-11-17, 02:30 PM
Fighter 2/Barbarian 20/Bear Warrior 10/Legendary Dreadnaught 10.

I am a hulking, unstoppable dire bear.

Callos_DeTerran
2006-11-17, 02:51 PM
Yeah you all raise up your evil zombie coporations, take over the world, or raise the freedom armies. All shall fall to the weekly AftS until great Yog-Sothoth is brought to destroy all! -insert evil laugh-

ken-do-nim
2006-11-17, 04:51 PM
The problem I haven't gotten around is that I feel morally responsible to have cleric levels (nevermind Epic powers) so that I can heal people, cure the sick, raise the dead, etc. However, I then become a slave to the thousands of people seeking my help and kinda lose my own life. Maybe I tell everybody I take afternoons off. Even with the 5000 gp minimum cost of raising the dead, I'll be kept busy doing it until my arm falls off.

ken-do-nim
2006-11-17, 04:53 PM
Btw, this thread is pretty funny because I used to play a similar game. I said if you could be level 20 with core classes only, what would you be?

Aside from the clerical responsibilities, bard 20 is pretty cool for you fun-loving types. You use your fascination and mass suggestions to have a ball all day, then cast heroe's feast every morning to make sure you stay disease-free!

Pegasos989
2006-11-17, 05:23 PM
Epic Monk!
Unparalleled awesomeness, times 2!
Bruce Lee + Chuck Norris + pure cool = me!

Chuck Norris is multiclassed rogue/monk/fighter/ranger and going to epics in two of those classes.

Chuck Norris does not take experience penalties.

Also

Chuck Norris can be a monk and still roundhousekick the game balance.

goken04
2006-11-17, 06:28 PM
Both in "What I would want to be" and the "Taking what I am to epic class levels" methods of thinking, I would be a Paladin 5/Monk 20/Cleric of Jesus X. I'm a black belt and a pastoral min. major at Bible college. But at epic levels, that would pretty much rock out in a ton of ways. Good Wis synergy. I'd be all like on of the Apostles, but also a total kick-butt martial artist.

Tibor
2006-11-17, 10:49 PM
Enlarged Orc Barbarian 20/Frenzied Berzerker 10/ WarHulk 10 with leadership. My Cohort and my tribe would join me in raiding and pillaging the neighboring towns until some sent for a wizard to take me down.

I mean who hasn't wanted to pillage a neighboring town?

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2006-11-17, 11:04 PM
Race: Elf.
Class: Fighter/Artificer/Warblade/Lyrandar heir of Siberys.
Nearly unkilliable warrior who can ALSO create hurricanes? check.:smallbiggrin:

Psychotic
2006-11-18, 09:39 PM
If I was an Epic Level Bard...I should probably brush up on my Knowledge skills. High School blows.

Jack_Simth
2006-11-18, 10:23 PM
If I were Epic? I'd hope I didn't have any Epic level challenges coming up....

But I'd prefer something not overly dependant on equipment (can't be sure of getting proper supplies in this day and age, don'tchaknow) that can trivially pass for human. An Elan Psion, maybe.

Of course, I'd probably get bored, eventually, and make an Epic level challenge.....

Yahzi
2006-11-19, 03:19 AM
The problem I haven't gotten around is that I feel morally responsible to have cleric levels
I like the way you think.

:smallsmile:

Katonta
2006-11-20, 01:19 AM
I would be an Epic-Level Pun-Pun/Epic-Level Druid, I would also be an Elf for the age.

I would also use my minions and cohorts to make a Star Destroyer (see http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=7804909) (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=7804909)

Then, I would maximize impower awaken the world's sqirrel population and use my army of sqirrels to RULE THE WORLD with the sqirrels also controlling the Star Destroyers that were made in the fifty years that my minions and cohorts were working on them non-stop. Then all would be right in the world. With the sqirrel overlords, with me at the head, would rule the Human scum and reach out to other galaxy's and proceed to conquer them with my millions of Star Destroyers, each manned by sqirrels, then, as an afterthought, after I ruled the Universe and all neighboring Universes, I would rule my subjects with an Iron Fist and every day they and their children would work in factories making Peeps! Before that I research a spell that gives me Eternel Life and Immortallity! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'd do it mainly for the Peeps.:smallbiggrin:

Everyman
2006-11-20, 10:00 PM
What I'd want to be and would probably be are two entirely different things.

ASSUMING 40TH LEVEL

I'd probably be a multiclass bard 20/cleric 20, just because I'm a helper and healer (and I'm a English/Religion scholar at college)

What I'd like to be is a sorcerer 6 / rogue 4 / arcane trickster 10 / shadowdancer 10 / epic shadowdancer 10. There ability to jump to anywhere within a mile of me (assuming some shadow) is just fun sounding. Plus, I'm the kind of guy who would rely on hit and run tactics if I had to fight.

Mewtarthio
2006-11-21, 12:07 AM
Then, I would maximize impower awaken the world's sqirrel population and use my army of sqirrels to RULE THE WORLD

Intensify, my good man. Intensified Empowered Awaken.

GrayFoxInABox
2006-11-21, 03:42 AM
Realistically...

Most of my stat points are probably placed in Wisdom, Charisma, and Int. I'm also pretty sure my Dex must be good. Juggling weapons isn't easy.

Stealth classes appeal but I always identify with the ninja in general. I greatly enjoy wearing dark clothes, I won my own pair of tabi boots and ninja garb, and I have Shuriken.

So, considering myself and my friends.

Epic level ninja, with an epic arcane caster/psionist cohort.

As for races, some sort of custom native outsider template applied to Yuan-ti pureblood. (I'm a coldblooded reptile, I swear). For the cohort... spellscale.

I've got leadership, so I'll grab my friends, train them as ninjas, and my Cohort will take us all to some other plane till you all destroy one another here on the material plane. But not before we steal a bunch of artifacts from people who don't know to protect themselves from the incorporeal.

SDF
2006-11-21, 03:59 AM
If I was epic level I could charge a lot more for tutor lessons. :smallbiggrin:

Jack_Simth
2006-11-21, 08:44 PM
Intensify, my good man. Intensified Empowered Awaken.Intensify explicity doesn't stack with such things as Empower. Sorry.

Cybren
2006-11-21, 08:46 PM
I'll let you guys be epic. I'll only be a level 5.
kobold

Deathcow
2006-11-21, 09:51 PM
What would be the most fun? Oh, epic Sorceror any day.

Realistically, though, I'd probably be a Cleric type.

sumobrother
2007-02-06, 07:20 PM
id be a werepyre with the might of dragons so i can destroy everyting that is evil.

White Blade
2007-02-06, 08:46 PM
Nothing like a level 45 Cleric/45 Favored Soul with Paragon Template. Everything stacks nicely, and frankly, "Create Food and Water". I now have loyalty of all of Africa, for I have brought them salvation, healing, and food. And they all like me. Oh yeah, and I'm gonna walk around with this little mustard seed thing called Faith, move a few mountains to have a nice defensive abilities. Oh and nothing like "Turn Undead" to ruin Walmart.

Or maybe just: 89th Level Cleric/11th level apostle of peace, that'd be cool too. Jesus would approve. Plus, I'd be a total heal-monkey, "The city is under attack by a vile plague my liege" "What no its not." *had healed city in time it took minion to say "my liege*

TSGames
2007-02-06, 08:51 PM
I would go for an epic cleric.

Jesus gives me access to all the domains!*

*Except evil, chaos, and other bad stuff.

LotharBot
2007-02-06, 09:11 PM
Level 3 Wizard / Level 7 Cleric / Level 10 Mystic Theurge. (Or 3/3/14 if I can expand the prestige class.) I'd spend most of my time healing and buffing others. I'd also have a gojillion knowledge skills, and put them to good use.

I'd specialize in Knowledge: epistomology, knowledge: hermeneutics, knowledge: interpretation, and knowledge: religion.

TSGames
2007-02-06, 09:25 PM
I'd specialize in Knowledge: epistomology, knowledge: hermeneutics, knowledge: interpretation, and knowledge: religion.
Perhaps you mean "epistemology"?

LotharBot
2007-02-06, 09:37 PM
Perhaps you mean "epistemology"?

Possibly. You'll notice knowledge:spelling was not on the list.

Arbitrarity
2007-02-06, 09:41 PM
Sorceror 5, archmage 5, cleric 10, mystic theurge 10, Druid 20.

What can I say? I'm a simple character.

Though, taking leadership, epic leadership, legendary commander, ignore material components, improved cohort, giving money to my followers, and using them to trumpet my name, having my own large castle, throw in an admiral's bicorne, a nice +22 charisma modifier, and a breastplate of command.

That's...+85 on leadership, so commanding... 55,000 1'st level followers, 5,500 2'nd level, 2,500 3rd level, 1250 4'th level, 620 5'th level, 310 6'th level, 160 7'th level, 80 8'th level, 40 9'th level, 20 10'th level, 10 11'th level, and a 48'th level cohort.

I create 2 metropolises (metropoli?), and rule the world through a combination of epic casting and huge numbers of followers. In 2 metropoli, there are at least 250 or so wizards, same with sorcerors, and same with clerics and druids. So that's 1000 participants, getting a -1000 and a bit in the spellcraft DC. I think I can do a lot with that....

Cybren
2007-02-06, 09:53 PM
Sorceror 5, archmage 5, cleric 10, mystic theurge 10, Druid 20.

What can I say? I'm a simple character.

Though, taking leadership, epic leadership, legendary commander, ignore material components, improved cohort, giving money to my followers, and using them to trumpet my name, having my own large castle, throw in an admiral's bicorne, a nice +22 charisma modifier, and a breastplate of command.

That's...+85 on leadership, so commanding... 55,000 1'st level followers, 5,500 2'nd level, 2,500 3rd level, 1250 4'th level, 620 5'th level, 310 6'th level, 160 7'th level, 80 8'th level, 40 9'th level, 20 10'th level, 10 11'th level, and a 48'th level cohort.

I create 2 metropolises (metropoli?), and rule the world through a combination of epic casting and huge numbers of followers. In 2 metropoli, there are at least 250 or so wizards, same with sorcerors, and same with clerics and druids. So that's 1000 participants, getting a -1000 and a bit in the spellcraft DC. I think I can do a lot with that....
there's not one, let alone 250 wizards in the world...

Rama_Lei
2007-02-06, 10:02 PM
Hmm...Could I be an atheist cleric? That would rock so hard.

I'd probably be a wizard/sorcerer, or druid, but most likely bard. My wit is as sharp as my rapier...which is actually a hammer. Plus, I'd put ranks in perform (sing) and actually be able to sing. followed by ranks in perform (dance) Really need that one.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-06, 10:08 PM
let's see. like i said before i'd go epic wizard. Then pretty much whatever i feel like.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-06, 10:12 PM
Well, first I'd buy a bahama island with all the gold I have available to me. Cast Genesis to make my own little pocket world, fill it with beautiful carribian women whom I pay well for their services, and spend the rest of my days in opulent decadence.

Oh, and since I'm an Epic Wizard, I simply research and use an Epic Spell to make my little island completely inaccessable without my expressed and implicit permission, blocking all forms of transportation including Wish-level stuff.

I won't get involved in global politics. I won't get involved with world domination/destruction conquests. I'll just sip bahama mammas and watch the eternal sunset in my own little realm for the rest of my natural days, waited on hand and foot by beautiful women.

Jack_Simth
2007-02-06, 10:26 PM
Why limit yourself to your natural span of days?

You get to choose most of the properties of your demiplane when you cast Genesis.

Perhaps it has a nice little property that halts aging (after all, you want your cabanna girls to stay young, right?).

Or you research an Epic Transform that turns you into an Elan (or something else that is effectivle ageless).

For that matter, a simple non-epic Rod of Security will do the job nicely, provided you don't take more than 28 people (28*7=196; as it can be activated once per week, that's the effective limit for a given Rod):

Security: This item creates a nondimensional space, a pocket paradise. There the rod’s possessor and as many as 199 other creatures can stay in complete safety for a period of time, up to 200 days divided by the number of creatures affected. All fractions are rounded down.
In this pocket paradise, creatures don’t age, and natural healing take place at twice the normal rate. Fresh water and food (fruits and vegetables only) are in abundance. The climate is comfortable for all creatures involved.
Activating the rod (a standard action) causes the wielder and all creatures touching the rod to be transported instantaneously to the paradise. Members of large groups can hold hands or otherwise maintain physical contact, allowing all connected creatures in a circle or a chain to be affected by the rod. Unwilling creatures get a DC 17 Will save to negate the effect. If such a creature succeeds on its save, other creatures beyond that point in a chain can still be affected by the rod.
When the rod’s effect expires or is dispelled, all the affected creatures instantly reappear in the location they occupied when the rod was activated. If something else occupies the space that a traveler would be returning to, then his body is displaced a sufficient distance to provide the space required for reentry. The rod’s possessor can dismiss the effect whenever he wishes before the maximum time period expires, but the rod can only be activated once per week.
Strong conjuuration; CL 20th; Craft Rod, gate; Price 61,000 gp.(Emphasis added).

Granted, you have to use it again every so often for eternity, and age six seconds every time period...

clarkvalentine
2007-02-06, 10:29 PM
Epic commoner.

The very gods tremble at the awesome power of my mediocrity.

Mewtarthio
2007-02-06, 11:32 PM
Why limit yourself to your natural span of days?

You get to choose most of the properties of your demiplane when you cast Genesis.

Perhaps it has a nice little property that halts aging (after all, you want your cabanna girls to stay young, right?).

You don't get to choose time traits, unfortunately, so no Timeless demiplane. In fact, all you get is terrain (sans vegetation), water, and temperature.

Or you research an Epic Transform that turns you into an Elan (or something else that is effectivle ageless).

Hm... If I read the seed right, you can do this using nothing more than the basic DC 21 seed itself. Of course, you're technically an Aberration if you do this, so I hope you don't mind that detail.

For that matter, a simple non-epic Rod of Security will do the job nicely, provided you don't take more than 28 people (28*7=196; as it can be activated once per week, that's the effective limit for a given Rod):
(Emphasis added).

Granted, you have to use it again every so often for eternity, and age six seconds every time period...

Now, see, I always thought each Rod of Security was rendered useless once all two hundred days were exhausted.

Setra
2007-02-06, 11:39 PM
Epic Sorcerer/Monk/Rogue
40/30/30

Just cause I'm Lawful, doesn't mean I'm against stealing. Don't ask.

Dervag
2007-02-06, 11:40 PM
I would take complete control over the north woods and prevent any development, polution or logging, and do the same to various other locations around the world, such as africa, the congo, a significant part of brazil (protected by an army of albino shouting gorillas and cassowaraies), keep an eye on costa rica...
remove the entirety of the middle-east region from existance and transplant it into it's own personal demi-plane (which I expect to last about five seconds before being blown up from within.)...
introduce a combine-style supression feild for a decade or two in an effort to cut down on the human population (im serious, this would solve SO many problems.)Wow. Sucks to live in a you-ocracy. :smalleek:

I'm not sure you need that 'combine field'. Industrial nations where people don't have strong economic incentives to have lots and lots of kids, and where women have options other than pregnancy, don't have overpopulation problems. Spread contraceptives in the third world and you'd get the same effect without effectively sterilizing anybody.

I'd go for epic cleric; I'm not cut out to be a super-bard and I'd hate the rockstar lifestyle, but clerical powers would be nice. I really don't know what I'd do next. Run for President, maybe?

Nahal
2007-02-07, 12:31 AM
And actually forcibly cutting down the human population WOULD cause problems, of the economic sort. Which may not seem important when you're trying to tip the scales in favour of the planet, but a desparate population will lead to more aggressive and militaristic governments which really isn't good for peace, love and global stability.

Not a Paladin
2007-02-07, 12:37 AM
I'd be a Fighter 20/Sorcerer 20/Barbarian 5/Frenzied Berserker 5.

My weapon: a +10 Flaming Flaming Burst Fiery Blast Dagger of Aquatic Humanoid Bane and Aquatic Humanoid Dread. Now that's an Epic-level weapon.

Okay, that would just be my off-hand weapon. My main weapon would be a +10 Frost Icy Burst Icy Blast Longsword of Fire Outsider Bane and Fire Outsider Dread. Also a very epic weapon.

As for what I'd do, I'd replace two opposing armies with a bunch of Silent Images, just for fun. Then I'd inspire the real soldiers to enter a frenzy and kill each other.

Mewtarthio
2007-02-07, 12:55 AM
I'd be a Fighter 20/Sorcerer 20/Barbarian 5/Frenzied Berserker 5.

My weapon: a +10 Flaming Flaming Burst Fiery Blast Dagger of Aquatic Humanoid Bane and Aquatic Humanoid Dread. Now that's an Epic-level weapon.

Okay, that would just be my off-hand weapon. My main weapon would be a +10 Frost Icy Burst Icy Blast Longsword of Fire Outsider Bane and Fire Outsider Dread. Also a very epic weapon.

As for what I'd do, I'd replace two opposing armies with a bunch of Silent Images, just for fun. Then I'd inspire the real soldiers to enter a frenzy and kill each other.

Racist. What'd the merpeople ever do to you? You're worse than those genocidal maniacs who run around killing kobolds all day!

daggaz
2007-02-07, 02:58 AM
I suicide and reroll. Cuz lower levels are more fun and everybody knows epic is broken.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-10-27, 09:17 AM
Clearly, epic favoured soul, wizard, rogue, warblade, and appropriate PrCs. This way I get all most spells, most maneuvers, and am super sneaky. Since I am epic and nobody else is, I don't have to worry about SR stopping my spells!! :smallbiggrin:

Adumbration
2007-10-27, 09:33 AM
Bard 30 / Sorceror 50 / Cleric 20

First become world leader with bard levels, blast all your enemies as a sorceror and then ask your god to bring them back after they've learned their lesson.

Although I have to say that a 100 level druid does sound quite appealing.

bugsysservant
2007-10-27, 09:40 AM
Wizard/Anima Mage/Ur Preist/Mystic Theurge. Epic level spellcating+ninth level divine and arcane spells=omnipotent. Next I would research a spell that would transform me into an elan and move to my private Genesis plane. :smallcool:

Belial_the_Leveler
2007-10-27, 09:56 AM
Wizard 60. Because someone needs to play Gandalf realistically. And after I remake the LotR trilogy, we've got world domination.

Khosan
2007-10-27, 10:21 AM
Clearly, epic favoured soul, wizard, rogue, warblade, and appropriate PrCs. This way I get all most spells, most maneuvers, and am super sneaky. Since I am epic and nobody else is, I don't have to worry about SR stopping my spells!! :smallbiggrin:

Dread Necromancer, clearly.

bugsysservant
2007-10-27, 10:29 AM
Wizard 60. Because someone needs to play Gandalf realistically. And after I remake the LotR trilogy, we've got world domination.

Please tell me you're talking about remaking the movies. Because with a level 60 wizard, it is impossible to tell if someone is reforming the entire world after their favorite fantasy book for fun :smalleek: .

Lord Zentei
2007-10-27, 11:06 AM
Here's my question: You're at your computer, sipping your slurm, and suddenly inspiration hits you. You're suddenly an epic-level PC!

Any race, class, prc.

What do you do? (feel free to interact and counter one another). You're in modern... wherever you are.

I'll go first: I fix my heater! bwah-hahahhaha. Urm, ok, then I (obviously an Archmage of considerable might) create a giant floating citadel and an army of winged monkeys to enforce my will upon Toronto. Hmmm... monkey-themed roller-casters.

Does "any race" allow Prismatic Dragons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm#prismaticDragon) or Hecatoncheires (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm#hecatoncheires)?

In any case, the Erudite seems pretty nice. And if "any class" is acceptable, does that include Gestalt classes? :smallamused:

Kesnit
2007-10-27, 11:23 AM
My primary answer would be GC Warlock/Enlightened Soul. Proof that people can change. Just because you are a homicidal, brutal dictator whose hobby is committing genocide today doesn't mean you can't change your ways tomorrow.

But there is a part of me that is drawn to CE Warlock - and being the homicidal, brutal dictator whose hobby is committing genocide. And starting with the people who have royally pissed me off!

mostlyharmful
2007-10-27, 12:00 PM
Wiz20 and then 10 in a home brew class to make researching new spells and copying them into a book free, or at least enormously cheaper. If you're the first wiz ever then no books or scrolls or any swanky libraries for you:smalltongue:

Wabbajack
2007-10-27, 12:44 PM
I would be a Sorcerer3/Cleric3/Warlock3/Eldritrch Disciple10/Eldritch Theurge10/Mystic Theurge10 ^^
Epic Divine and Arcane spells AND epic Warlock :D

WitchSlayer
2007-10-27, 02:22 PM
Commoner 50/Hulking Hurler 20
I throw the world.

kemmotar
2007-10-27, 02:58 PM
Sorcerer20/wizard20/Bard20/mindbender10/rogue20/shadowdancer10/epic shadowdancer10...Mind control the gods and use them as puppets, Enchant the masses with my oratory and singing, become a super idol, own fiji, create a timeless demiplane(epic spells ftw) get any woman i want and have the gods fight each other whenever i'm bored...also appear in rooms in a very alucard style through the shadows!!Anyone or anything that comes against me and can actually hurt me i mindcontrol or blast into oblivion if first fails...Then gate to the next place that has sentient life and take control of that...rinse and repeat...before i die i prepare to destroy the universe in hopes i can become the ultimat bbeg and someone worthy will try to entertain me...mawahhahahahha

Maybe i'll go and find out who or what Thoon is and mindcontrol that too!:smallcool:

Roderick_BR
2007-10-27, 04:22 PM
Race: Elf.
Class: Fighter/Artificer/Warblade/Lyrandar heir of Siberys.
Nearly unkilliable warrior who can ALSO create hurricanes? check.:smallbiggrin:

I thought no one else would pick artificer.
I would just become an epic artificer, overthrow Bill Gates with computers that actually work, and retire as a young millionaire.
And I'd build real-scale gundams in my free time.

What? I'm a simple guy, with simple needs.

Ossian
2007-10-27, 04:35 PM
Fighter 10/Monk 20.

Then be like Kane. Walk the Earth, meet people, get into adventures....

This is what I have been, sitting here, contemplating.

O.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-10-27, 04:43 PM
Epic level Psion, definitely. Extreme powers of the mind without having to worry about a spell book and spell components AND getting power progression into epic level so that I eventually exceed the wizard in extreme versatility and the sorcerer in extreme adaptability AND being able to craft epic powers? Yes please!

Not sure what I'd do with it though. Likely continue with business as usual until I think of something else that interests me more.

I second that. Excellent rant! :smallbiggrin:

puppyavenger
2007-10-27, 06:17 PM
age catagory 99 Time dragon, sorceror 100/ cleric of myself 50/ dragon ascendent 12

I take over the world by saying one word on global tv.

my_evil_twin
2007-10-28, 12:50 PM
I'd be a Druid, or maybe a Druid/Sorcerer. I'd cast Maximized Awaken on random plants and animals, and then send them to college.

Lolzords
2007-10-28, 01:01 PM
I'd be a rogue or a bard, either having a giagantic thieves empire while you sit on a throne with a cheeky little crown perched on your head, or sit in the tavern telling people how you got to an epic level by mooching off the paladin and playing your tuba.

KIDS
2007-10-28, 01:06 PM
Catfolk Ninja 40. I'm in ur inn, stealing ur cheezburgers.

Doresain
2007-10-28, 01:14 PM
changeling factotum 20/chameleon 10/mindspy 5/cabinet trickster 5

I AM ALL OF YOU!!!! O_O

Callos_DeTerran
2007-10-28, 01:14 PM
Yknow what? I change my mind...would go for something that can be described in but two words...Void. Incarnate. Nobody will every notice me again. EVER....Unless I attack somebody...never trapped or anything...people will just ignore me while I do things like steal the secrets to bring down Wal-mart Zombie edition and various other people going Epic and trying to destroy the world I want to destroy. :smalltongue:

Naihal
2007-10-28, 08:30 PM
Epic druid all the way.

I go around wildshaped as a puppy and whenever anyone kicks me I wildshape into a Colossal dire wolf and eat them. :smalltongue:

Plus I can turn anyone I don't like into a goldfish.

EndgamerAzari
2007-10-28, 09:27 PM
I think I'd go mid-30 level cleric. I would go around Mass Healing people and using Hero's Feast in order to feed them. Create Food and Drink is for low-level ninnies.

After I got bored with that, I'd go around giving embarrassing but non-lethal diseases to people who deserve it.

To quote Homer Simpson: "Finally, a way to combine my love of helping people with my love of hurting people!"

ForzaFiori
2007-10-28, 09:37 PM
in the actual world i'd be something like: monk30/rogue40/ranger30

not exactly the best build, but it would still kick ass.

if i could be anything: psion 40/wizard40/Cleric 20

come one, who WOULDN'T want to do that? If you could get you abilities right, you could pretty much do ANYTHING. Any power, and almost any spell, all at your fingertips.