PDA

View Full Version : Heroic spider-man issue 1

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-03, 08:26 PM
Today everything is going Your way. Spring break just started, Jameson gave you the day off, and after months of pleading and prodding aunt may finally let you borrow the car. And all you have to do is pick her up from the eye doctor.
You picked up harry and Mary Jane and spent a relaxing day at the water-park. Apart from Harry’s not so subtle hints that he would like some help with his science English paper everything went perfectly.
Now here you idle at a red light taking in the scenery on your way to pick up your aunt. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, a police car is hurtling through the air at you... wait what.

Editors notes
Roll vs car crash
Total 10 Effect d10

Scene distinctions
Busy intersection
Sunny Day

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-03, 10:02 PM
Step one: FREAK OUT. An idle daydream passes through Peter's mind in which the flying police car grows arms and he, as Spider Man, jumps majestically out through the windshield to catch it in a hug. The two do some mid-air Greco-Roman wrestling as they land in the middle of the intersection, then suddenly grab canes and top hats from off-screen and exit stage left with a quick tap-dance duet number.

Okay, back to reality. Car still flying at self. Step two: protect Aunt May's car and nearby civilians … wait, this is New York, these people can take care of themselves. Revised step two: protect Aunt May's car. Peter steps on the gas (with or without putting the car in reverse, whichever looks like the best direction to go) and swerves the car to escape the flying police car's trajectory.

Solo d8 + Busy Intersection d4 + Superhuman Reflexes d10
Result: 4, 4 and 2 (In the same order as above)
Spend 1 PP to use Spider-Sense to add Enhanced Senses d8 and reroll … what the heck!
Result: 4, 4, 2 and 5 (Seriously, I got the exact same rolls for my first three dice!)
Spend 1 PP to use three dice for total of 13 with a d10
Spider-Man now has 0 PP

Oh, and did you want me to use the forum dice roller? If so, what is the code? Although I would prefer not, using my own dice makes it much easier to write a post.
Peter waves a fist out the open window as he swerves, “I'm drivin' here!” Heh, always wanted to do that.

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-03, 11:00 PM
You blow through the red light, your spider senses warning you just in time to swerve out of the way of a Fancy red sports car barreling through the intersection. A loud crash and flash of light hits you just as you pull onto the side of the street.
A quick glance tells you that the police car is thankfully empty. Farther back you see two scared looking policeman being tossed aside by a familiar face in a cheesy grey suit. The Rhino (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=993&tbm=isch&tbnid=BFsd_cQXvQFhsM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhino_(comics)&docid=cRoi--8USxf24M&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Rhinopreview.jpg&w=250&h=375&ei=NzEPUaiKEKvFiwL7lYDgCQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:112&iact=rc&dur=377&sig=111420574573876374755&page=1&tbnh=174&tbnw=125&start=0&ndsp=49&tx=82&ty=58). And your day was going so good.. The villain kicks in the glass doors of St. Gabriel's Bank and waddles in as your phone rings.

Using your own dice is OK.
I forgot to tell you that you started out with one pp so you have 1 left
never mind I just noticed you used 2 pp in your last roll
Doom pool = 2d6

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-04, 10:05 AM
Peter parks the car as casually as he can and gets out. Hopefully this isn't one of those intersections with red light cameras. He exits the car, locks the door – adheres a Spider Tracer to the side rear-view mirror just in case – then heads for the nearest alleyway to change in to his costume. He flips open his phone as he walks without checking the caller ID, “Aunt May? I'm sorry, but I'm going to be a little late. Traffic is a zoo.” Reaching the dark alley and staying on the phone, he climbs a wall headed for the roof and a good place to change outfits.

Check to evade notice and reach the alley
Solo d8 + Wisecracker d4 + Wall-Crawling d6 + Covert Expert d8
Result: 1, 1, 3 and 1 … Fu-
Total: 3 with a d6
Spider-Man now has 1 PP, plus any you decide to give

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-04, 10:10 PM
“DO you think I sound like your aunt Parker?” Squawks the voice deepened by decades of overindulging in cigar chomping and yelling at employees. “Wait don’t tell me. I don’t care. You know why Parker?” Your boss waits a beat to let you start to talk so he can interrupt you. “Because I don’t pay you to think. I pay you to take pictures. And if you don’t take pictures of the freak in the grey suit that's rampaging across downtown and have them on my desk in time for the evening edition then I won’t Be paying you at all!” The unmistakable *Ka-thump* that comes from slamming down a phone signals the end of your call with J. Jameson.
Oh and now that you look at it, that traffic light totally has a red light cam.. Aunt may must never ever ever evvvveeeer find out about this! You’re sure you can think of something , but now that your costume is on you need to come up with a plan to stop the Rhino while getting pictures so you can save your job. But Aunt may is gonna flip!

Buying each of those opportunities as a separate d6 giving you +3 pp and me a total of 5 d6 for the doom pool.
Got 5,2,5,6,4 So a total of 11 with a d6. spending a d6 to counter your roll adding a d8 Pics or gtfo complication(d6 was stepped up d6 because I beat you by 5) and spend another d6 to add a d8 mental stress for being distracted by how to stop aunt may from finding out.
new doom pool total at 3d6
Now would be the time to pull out resources or roll for assets before the action scene begins.

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-05, 10:04 AM
Peter checks though the digital camera he had at the waterpark as he runs across the rooftops. First delete everything with obvious lens flare, then half of the pictures without Mary Jane in them (Harry can't complain if there's still a few of him remaining) and there! Plenty of space for a photo shoot with Rhino!

Spider-Man spends 1 PP to create a d6 Digital Camera resource from his Tech specialty. Spider-Man now has 3 PP, a d8 Pics or gtfo complication and d8 mental stress.

Spider-Man crawls down the wall of the bank's front and peers in through the doors from above them. If there's one good thing about Rhino, it's that he always leaves a easy path to follow.

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-05, 05:42 PM
You see The Rhino wrestling with the door to the bank’s vault. Terrified Bystanders are lying on the ground scattered across the large bank with their hands on their heads. The steel door gives a sad groan before coming and being recklessly hurled across the room.
The Rhino clasp his hands together and says “alright now we’re talking.” as he stares at the neatly piled stacks of money. He takes out what looks to be a giant bag made out an old bed sheet with green dollar signs crudely painted on. He bends over and starts grabbing giant hand fulls of cash and stuffing them inside.

New Scene
Distinctions:
Vaulted Ceilings
Large Stone Pillars
Panicked Civilians
Doom pool is at 3d6
Your turn web head

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-06, 12:15 AM
Rhino may have the body of a freight train but he's also got the mind of a child; still, can't screw this up. If the fight happens indoors those columns might get broken which could drop a lot of ceiling on a lot of people … why do they have their hands on their heads? It's not like he has a gun. Although, when a double-decker baby tells you to do something he saw in a movie once, you don't ask him why … wait, why am I wasting my time thinking all this? Double-decker baby? Comedy gold! Less inner thoughts and more outer Parker!

As Spider-Man muses, he sets the camera to take a picture every three seconds and webs it to a high spot above the door, where it will have a good view of the entire area in front of the bank. After one quick close-up shot of himself, Spider-Man drops to the ground in front of the door and calmly walks inside.

“Yo, double D, baby!” Okay, that sounded way better in my head. Spider-Man shakes his head sadly, “Rhino, what have I told you about making these withdrawals in person? There's an app for that!”

Roll to remove the d8 Pics or gtfo complication.
Solo d8 + Wisecracker d8 + Wall-Crawling d6 + Swingline d8 + Tech Expert d8 + Digital Camera d6
Result: 1, 1, 2, 7, 8 and 4 … apparently there is a wrong and a right way to throw my d8, because it started rolling well when I stopped doing it my usual way … I'll spend 1 PP to add a die to my total and get 14 with a d8 effect.
Spider-Man now has 2 PP, a d8 Pics or gtfo complication (unless it is removed) and d8 mental stress.
Your turn, double D.

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-06, 02:08 AM
“Arrrg! Spider Freak!” The rhino bellows. “You’re not taking me out this time.This time I got hostages. And if you come in here and try and stop me I’ll squish you like a.. like a.. um.. Like this table!” The Rhino says as he puts his fist through an expensive oak desk.
“But I don’t want people to say you had an unfair fight with me. SO if I have hostages you get some too!” He scoops two very frightened bank tellers and hurls them at the plate glass window separating you from the Rhino. At least you got got your pic for tomorrow's front page.

I bought your opps to add a d8 to the doom pool
I rolled an opp on the complication removal roll
Roll for throwing people and doing emotional damage
Total 18 effect d8 emotional no opps
So at the end of turn you gain +1 pp doom pool is at 5d6+1d8 and there is one gm opp up for grabs

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-06, 11:30 PM
Spider-Man quickly leaps up above the plate window to perch on the top as he mixes together a net of webbing to catch the two tellers just before they can hit the glass.

Reaction vs. Emotional Damage from Thrown People
Solo d8 + Vaulted Ceilings d8 + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Swingline d8 + Acrobatic Master d10
Result: 7, 1, 4, 7 and 9; I'll spend 1 PP to get 23 with a d10
At the end of Rhino's turn, Spider-Man has 2 PP and d8 Mental Stress
With another shot toward the ceiling he anchors the two tellers up and out of Rhino's reach. “I hate to be the one to have to break it to ya Rhino, but people are going to say it was an unfair fight no matter what.” Spider-Man fires another line of web to grab the money bag Rhino dropped on the ground when he grabbed the tellers and yanks on it.

Roll to give Rhino the complication of Goaded Into Charging
Solo d8 + Wisecracker d8 + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Swingline d8 with a d6 from Grapple SFX + Psych Expert d8
Result: 4, 7, 7, 4, 1 and 3; I'll spend 2 PP to add 2 dice to my total for 22 with a d10
Spider-Man now has 0 PP and d8 Mental Stress
The bag spills out a trail of cash as it flies to land in Spider-Man's hand. He drops down to the ground and holds the bag up. “For example, take exhibit A here. Did you draw these dollar signs yourself? Your kindergarten teacher will say it shows a lot of initiative, I'll give you that.”

I'm seeing a problem with play-by-posting Marvel Heroic. The game thrives on the moment-by-moment interplay between PC and DM; for example, I won't even know if that paragraph after my second spoiler happens as I say it does until you roll your dice pool in response, but I can't wait for you to roll because what you say happens might change what I would say, such as if you win the opposed roll and I don't actually grab the bag. And can I even say I grabbed the bag at all? For the moment, I'm going with the idea that a spoiler section with rolling is the dividing line between what happens and what I want to happen. So if you win the opposed roll, I'll strike-through that paragraph after the second spoiler.

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-09, 07:44 AM
You look over at the Rhino to see how he’s reacted to your goading. It seems that before you even finished yanking the bag from his hands the brute ripped out a 20 foot high concrete pillar with the intent to hit a home run with you standing in place for the baseball.
Oh great it looks like you spent the last of the webbing in this cartridge pulling the money over. It seems like it’s turning into one of those days.

As a reaction the Rhino doesn't resist your taunting him giving him a d10 goaded into charging complication.
He activated your 1 giving you +1 pp and him a d6 cement pillar resource
I’m activating your exhausted web slinging limit so either gain a pp or take a d6 from the doom pool

Batter up!
The rhino is attempting to inflict physical stress
The rhino is activating his charge sfx adding d6 to the die pool and stepping up physical damage effect by +1
He is using his goaded into charging complication which adds a d10 and it steps up to d12 (which you can use on your reaction)
so the roll is 6(charge)10 (solo) 8 (unstoppable) 10 (strength)8 (combat) 6(pillar) 10 (goaded into charging) 8 (spidey’s mental stress)
Rolls 6,3,4,8,1,1,7,8 (looks like you got lucky)
Total 29 (spent 2d6 to add 2 extra to total) Effect d10 physical stress, (spending a d6 to add 2nd effect) effect d8 complication crumbling ceiling
The end of turn doom pool is 2d6(or 1d6 if you used one to activate your limit and 1d6
The rhino has a d12 goaded into charging complication on him
I’ll let you narrate how this plays out for old web head.

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-10, 05:56 PM
Wow, I checked the book and it looks like you used a die from every possible trait you can add to your dice pool for his attack, plus that one from an SFX! I am suitably impressed! Anyway, I'll take the 2 PP from my 1 and my limit, so at the end of my turn Spider-Man has 2 PP and d8 Mental Stress.

“Rhino! You're terrible at this hostage taking thing!” Rhino swings the pillar like a giant bat but Spider-Man ducks underneath the swing and pulls a refill cartridge out from the boot of his costume as he takes a few crab-steps backward. “Strike one!” Rhino takes a few steps forwardin resonse as he winds up for a reverse swing. “If you drop the roof on us you lose your one advantage here!” Spider-Man jumps into the the air and spins horizontally just above Rhino's next swing, planting the web-cartridge on the backside as it passes underneath him. “Strike two!” When he lands he again takes a few steps back, but now his back is against the plate glass window. “Hey big guy, what happened to the good old days? Remember? I taunt, you charge, I leap out of the way and you knock yourself out on a wall; those were good times!” Rhino grunts and swings the pillar up high with another waddle forward to get within range, only to bring it crashing back down on Spider-Man.

Reaction to Physical Stress and Crumbling Ceiling complication
First I'll spend 1 PP to activate one of your opportunities and get a d10 Exploding Web Cartridge stunt die for my next turn.
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d4 + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Acrobatic Master 2d8 + Goaded Into Charging d12
Result: 4, 4, 6, 6, 3 and 8 … Not quite enough, I'll spend 1 PP to activate the Spider-Sense SFX and add the d8 Enhanced Senses to my re-roll
Result: 6, 3, 10, 3, 8, 11 and 6; I'll shutdown Enhanced Stamina and Superhuman Strength for 2 PP and then spend 2 PP for two extra dice and get a total of 32 with a d8 effect, then spend my last PP to counterattack and step up the Goaded Into Charging complication into being “stressed out,” leaving Rhino helpless and at this point I will take over narration for this scene if you don't mind. Btw, I was going to use that Exploding Web Cartridge to attack his pillar resource on my next turn, turns out I didn't need it but I'll use it anyway.
The pillar crashes down through the plate glass window and embeds itself in the ground just as the web cartridge blows, releasing all of the compressed web fluid inside in a sticky explosion. Spider-Man stands nervously just to the side, the pillar having come within inches of him as he stepped sideways to avoid it at the last moment. As the dust settles, he softly speaks up, “Strike three big guy. Ready for a new game?” Rhino stares stupidly at the pillar and tugs on it a few times, but it seems to be really stuck in the ground and he doesn't have the leverage to pull it out. “I gotta ask, are you on some sort of self-improvement kick? The hostages, the dollar bill bag, keeping your distance … it's all very professional big guy, but it's not really you.” Rhino looks up and his eyes meet Spider-Man … and he roars in defiance, more beast than man now. Spider-Man grins as he takes another web-cartridge out, inserts it in to his web-shooter and limbers up, “There's the Rhino I know.” Rhino drops the pillar and takes off like a football-playing rocket-train; Spider-Man jumps just high enough in the air to brace his feet against Rhino's shoulders as he fires a line of web to attach to the end of the pillar that Rhino dropped. As Rhino and Spider-Man burst out through the bank's front entrance, the pillar is pulled by Rhino's charge and swings back up to reinforce the ceiling again, now planted with webbing at both the top and the bottom.

The two crash about in the street in front of the bank until the police show up, and so the exhausted Rhino is taken away as Spider-Man slips off. He retrieves his camera – a few good pictures of the fight in the street and one great self-photo, but nothing too amazing – and changes out of his costume. Peter heads back to the car, picks up Aunt May just in time to avoid her going volcano mad, and when the two get home he tells her he is heading out to get more photo-developing liquids from the store.

At the local police station, Peter waits in line for the Traffic Violations desk. When he reaches it, he states his case after introducing himself as humbly as possible, “So you see officer, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't mail the red light camera ticket to my Aunt May. I had to run that red light because there was a car coming at me, but I'll pay the fine right now if that's what I need to do and she won't have a heart attack from getting the ticket.” The officer behind the desk gives Peter a measured look, then spins the monitor to him. On it is an amazing picture, black and white sure but at the very moment when the flung police car hit the ground behind Peter's frantic swerve in a shining crunch of glass and steel. Peter grins, “And also, you think I could get a copy of that photo? It might make front page news if I submit it to my boss!”

Roll to keep the ticket secret from Aunt May and get the amazing picture
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d8 + Enhanced Senses d8 + Psych Expert d8
Result: 3, 2, 2 and 8; I'll spend my PP for this scene to add an extra effect die and get a total of 11 with a d8 Help Me Keep It Secret? complication on the officer and a d8 Amazing Photo asset for myself
Whatever happens, good game man; you thinking about doing an Issue #2?

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-11, 09:39 AM
The sympathetic clerk behind the desk nods along with you as you explain the situation. "I think I can help you just wait here a moment.

Doom pool roll
2d6+1d8
total 14 with a d6 effect

A few moments go by as you begin to unwind from the stress of the ticket. The desk echos with the slamming of a stack of paperwork. "Here we go. Just get your parent or legal guardian to sign on these ones." The clerk breaks off a few papers and slides them over to you. "Your offices press credentials go here." Another smaller stack is pushed forward. "Annnnnd the rest of these are for you. You're all set. Have a lovely day. NEXT!!"

I'll send you an email for when I'm ready for issue 2

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-19, 08:28 PM
AH, the last day of spring break. You spend this morning like all the others of this week, sneaking out to check the mail while aunt may is distracted making breakfast. The dreaded parking ticket* doesn't show up today but you do receive an unexpected letter from the Baxter building, home to the fantastic four.
“How do you want your eggs today Peter?” Aunt may yells from the kitchen.

You skim over the letter.

Dear Mr.Parker
Using the latest psycho analysis bla bla bla pick the best candidates yadda yadda yadda.. You've been invited to partake in our junior scientist internship program at the Baxter building at noon today.
Bla bla bla Dr.Reed Richards aka Mr.Fantastic

But you have a meeting with J. Jonah Jameson at noon today! He sounded rather insistent on the phone yesterday about you showing up on time.
"Peter? Are you still in bed?"

Transition scene
Doompool 2d6

*See issue one for details - The editor

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-20, 11:12 PM
Peter leaves the rest of the mail in the box and shimmies back up the drainpipe to his window, the same way he got out earlier in case anyone should see him. Of course, spider grip makes the task a lot easier than it would be for most people. As soon as his head reaches the window frame he shouts, “Down in a moment Aunt May!” What to do, what to do … “Uh, over easy!” How do you be in two places at once? The J-boss won't accept an earlier appointment, and that's if the blowhard would stop talking for long enough to hear out a suggested time change. If only there was a way to be in two places at once!

In Peter's imagination, he and a clone wearing a different color shirt walk out of his bedroom and down the stairs to breakfast, where Uncle Ben looks up in surprise. “What's this? Two Peters?” Peter Prime answers casually, “Yeah, I needed to be in two places today so I whipped up a clone. This guy is going to the junior scientist internship!” Peter Beta nods with a shrug, “Prime and I decided it wouldn't be fair to create me just so I could go to some boring meeting, so I get the fun day.” Uncle Ben grins and shakes his head in admiration, “That's real clever of you kiddo, but you're missing the obvious next step. Create a third clone so Beta will have something to present at the internship!” Both Peters look confused for a moment, then simultaneously smack themselves in the head.

Peter walks out of his bedroom and down the stairs to breakfast, where he sits at a chair across from where Uncle Ben sat in his imagination. He looks at the empty chair for a moment, then to Aunt May as she sets the eggs down in front of him. “Thanks Aunt May. Also, hypothetically, what would you do if you needed to be in two places at once? As in REALLY needed to; both places are important.”

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-23, 08:49 AM
She chuckles a bit at your question. “Oh I wish I was a teenager again. Where every decision is life or death. Peter I don’t want you making mountains out of molehills. As you get older you’ll find that the things that seem really important now don’t really matter that much in the grand scheme of things.” She looks over to your uncle’s empty chair and loses her smile. She gives a sigh. “But I guess Ben would have said something like ,‘Take care of your responsibilities first and let your heart guide the rest of your decisions’. Does that help at all Peter? Ben was always better at these serious discussions.” May gives another sigh and looks down at her plate.

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-23, 12:54 PM
Peter grins through his last mouthful of eggs, “You know Aunt May, I think it does! I need to get my responsibilities out of the way so I can follow my heart to the things important to my future, not the things that seem important now.” Peter stands and gives Aunt May a quick hug, “Thanks for understanding Aunt May. I'll be busy most of today, but now I know what I need to focus on!”

Back upstairs in his room, Peter pulls the Junior Scientist kit out of his closet that he still uses to make web fluid and sets it up on his desk. “That internship would be important to my future and the J-boss only seems important now. I need to get my responsibility to Jameson out of the way so I can follow my heart, and since I can't be in two places at once I need a reason for why I can't go to that meeting.” Peter begins to mix up a batch of web-fluid, “The only excuse Jameson would accept for my absence would be a story worthy of the front page, say, an attack on the city by his least-favorite web-head. And if that attack were to happen at the Baxter building, he would forget all about the meeting and demand Peter Parker be there taking pictures.” Digging through the kit, Peter pulls out a substance that he apparently hasn't used before and mixes it in with the vial of web fluid. “Normal web fluid may be strong, but it won't be flashy enough for my purposes; add in a dash of the kit's rainbow fluid and I get color-changing web fluid!” Peter holds up a vial of web fluid that randomly changes color in the light, then fills several web cartridges. Equipping one of his web shooters he fires a stream at a target taped to the door until the shooter runs out. “Line clear! Now then, let the attack commence!”

Moments later, Spider-Man crawls out of the room's window wearing a backpack. Back in his room the web fluid has run down to pool below the door and some of it leaks underneath (http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2011/07/spider2.jpg).

Out at various places in the city, but keeping within a few blocks of the Baxter building, web fluid that changes color begins to appear. Each splash of fluid spells out various messages, exclamations such as, “Where's my invite?” and “This is science too!” and “I'll be back at noon!” and “Also, Jameson stinks!”

And there's my plan! The backpack has his invite, clothes and his camera so he can change and attend the internship as Peter, with the excuse of, “Spider-Man said he would be there!” Think I should roll for anything here?

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-24, 07:04 PM
Looks like your plan worked you think as you check your phone. You just received a text from JJ telling you that the meeting is canceled and that you need to get to the Baxter building with your camera before he fires you. You close the text to check the time.
Time sure flies when you’re having fun. 11:55 already. Just enough time to get changed and make it over to the Baxter building on time. You drop down in a nearby secluded alley and duck down behind a dumpster. You start to peel off your mask when you hear the roar of a engine and see a blur blow past you.
It’s a scruffy man on a motorcycle with no helmet. He’s idling at the entrance of the alley waiting for a gap in the traffic of the street ahead of him. He taps his handlebars and starts mumbling obscenities under his breath. He looks around the alley obviously bored until he glances back at you and your spider senses start going berserk.
The man gives a harrumph and says “Looks like Christmas came early this year.” In a voice like gravel. He casually gets off his bike and turns to face you. Now that you get a better look at him he seems almost comical. First of all he’s a full head shorter than you. Not only is his hair a total mess, but he has the biggest mutton chops you've ever seen. You’re also pretty sure that no superhero has never been beaten up by a guy a wife beater before. Still your spider senses have never led you astray before. Maybe there’s something else in the alley that is setting them off.
The biker cracks his knuckles before pointing at you and says “I’m taking you down bub. How that happens is up to you. So we can either do this the easy way,” He pauses for a moment and cracks a predatory smile. ”or the fun way.”

No need to roll from your last post.
unknown to spider-man he expended all of his current web cartridge on his shenanigans gain a pp and shut down web-slinging as I activate his exhausted complication.
This is the start of an action scene.
I had the biker go first, grandstand and used the doom die that created to give him a motorcycle vehicle resource.
Doom pool sits at 2d6
Spidey’s turn

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-25, 10:16 PM
Spider-Man does his best not to laugh as he backs away and up the wall away from the scruffy biker, “Hey there Sea Captain, was this your dumpster, I mean poop deck? Garbage scow? Battleship? Exactly how high ranking of a navy man do you have to be for chops that big Mr. Ahab?” If one secluded alley is guarded by a crazy guy who wants to pick a fight with Spider Man, find another alley! “So long Hobo Joe, I'll leave you to your business, I mean whatever you were doing!”

Roll to give Scruffy the slip
Solo d8 + Wisecracker d4 + Wall-Crawling d6 + Acrobatic Master 1d10
I'll also spend 1 PP to add in Superhuman Reflexes d10 in case whatever set off the Spider Senses gets jumpy
Result: 7, 3, 2, 4 and 8; I'll keep it simple and go with a result of 15 and a d10
Spider-Man now has 2 PP

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-26, 05:36 PM
The biker is on you in a flash. A flurry of punches and kicks flash inches from your face. The man is all over you. You don’t recall ever fighting anyone this skilled in hand to hand combat before. You wait for an opening slam the Biker into the dumpster and scramble up the wall.
When you reach the roof you startle a morbidly obese man on a lawn chair sunbathing and reading a newspaper.
It’s you on the cover of the paper. Holding the bag of money you took from the Rhino last week. And above the picture in big black letters is the headline.
Newspaper publisher offers one million dollars to anyone who can bring the Spider-Man to justice.
Looking over to the Baxter building there seems to be a number of scary looking men milling about the plaza. Maybe today wasn’t the best day to announce your location.
“Round two bub.” You whip your head around and see the biker. How did he get up here? “and this time I’m ain’t going easy on you.” *Snikt* Three long thing claws pop out of the space between his knuckles on each of his hands. Everything comical about this man melts away as you can now see him for what he really is. A killer. And he’s got his sights set on you.

16 Total, effect d10, 1 opp, +1d6 doom die for distinction, spending it to counterattack. Activating fearsome limit steps up effect to d12 emotional stress
You are now at d12 emotional stress
Now it’s his turn.
“Beat it!” He yells to the sunbather who runs screaming to the stairwell. “Last chance kid. You gonna come quietly or am I gonna have to turn you into shish-ka-bub?”
Grandstanding adding d10 to doom pool
your turn spidey
picture of the biker
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/aquateenflayer/thebiker_zps4d917664.jpg

Cobrateen2000
2013-02-27, 10:48 PM
“Whoa there “bub,' you're a … you're a … what are you?” So this guy is serious business huh? “I expected I might cross paths with a different unstoppable Thing (http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/75665-3635-thing_super.jpg) today so I'll need time to recalibrate my banter. Let me see, animal with three claws … are you Sloth Man?” The claw flashes upward faster than a hand should be able to move but Spider-Man is ready this time, he steps backward just out of their reach … and the claws slide a few more inches out of the biker's hand, scraping through Spider-Man's costume scant millimeters from his eye. “Ha, you – bet you can't do that again.” Spider-Man's voice still has its normal joking tone as he raises a web shooter to spray the biker in the eyes with multicolored goo, but nothing comes out and the other claw flashes almost lazily across the exact same spot as before, causing a few ribbons of Spider-Man's costume to fall away and reveal one utterly terrified eye. “Well that wasn't supposed to - !” The biker scowls and kicks Spider-Man before he can finish the sentence; he goes tumbling backward over the lawn chair to land hard on his back. He does his best not to whimper in pain as he scuttles backwards and the biker advances menacingly. “You know, it's kinda funny. Just this morning I was only thinking about the best thing to do for my future, and now here you are trying to cut it short. I really have to respect your comedic timing.”

I'll spend 1 PP to make that d12 emotional stress into a d10 physical stress, with the step down because his Fearsome ability steps up emotional stress. So at the end of my last turn I had 1 PP and d10 physical stress.
“Fine, you wanna rumble Scruffy? You've seen my Spider reflexes but how about my Spider strength!” Spider-Man piston-kicks a leg toward the Biker, who crosses his arms across his chest to block the blow … but Spider-Man stops short of hitting him and lets the leg drop to instead crush down on the center point of the lawn chair that the Biker had been stepping over. The two sides of the lawn chair flip up like a trap to entangle the Biker as Spider-Man leaps to his feet and flips away.

Roll to trap and slow down the Biker, in other words create a Tangled In A Lawn Chair Complication ... or Asset, I'm not really clear on the difference
I'll use Second Wind to move my d10 physical stress to the doom pool and step up Superhuman Strength for this action
Solo d8 + Wisecracker d4 + Superhuman Strength d12 + Acrobatic Master 2d8
Result: 7, 4, 5, 4 and 5
I'll use Exhausted to shutdown Wall-Crawling and gain 1 PP, then spend 2 PP to add two dice to my result and get 20 with a d12
Spider-Man now has 1 PP which I am hoping to use activating an opportunity to get my Web-slinging back

Aquateenflayer
2013-02-28, 08:05 PM
The biker slashes the chair into three pieces and gives a snort. “Really? A lawn chair? You really think a lawn chair would stop me?” He says laughing a bit.
Total 23, effect d10, 1 opportunity, spent 2d6 from doom pool to add 2 effect die
Doom pool now at 2d10

You glance at your phone. 11:58. Only two minutes to get changed and make it to the Baxter building. Jesh, this guy sure is ruining your day.
Spending d10 doom die to give spidey a d10 running out of time compilation
“Alright enough messing around. “ Your enemy says before charging you now seeming more amused than angry.
Total 18, effect d10 physical, 2 opps, +1d6 to doom pool
Doom pool is now at 1d6+1d10
Your move

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-02, 08:36 PM
“Hey, I was once trapped for over an hour in a lawn chair! All those rubbery bands, the way your skin sticks to them on a hot summer day,” Spider-Man pauses to shiver at the memory as he dodges the first slicing attack. This guy is good but he's got a pattern; he leads with his right claw, almost always follows it with his left, and after that he might try something surprising. “And my uncle saw me get trapped but he left me there, he said it would teach me a lesson. Really Hexa-claw, your foot again? He said that I had gotten myself into this mess, and even though I really wanted to go back inside to watch a TV show, he only said I would need to hurry then.”

I'll take one of those opps to get Web-slinging back
Roll vs. the Biker's attack
Solo d8 + FNH? D8 + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Weapon d8 + Combat Expert d8
I'll also use the Grapple SFX to add a d6 and step up my effect die, plus shutdown Superhuman Strength for 1 PP
Roll: 7, 2, 8, 6, 7 and 3
Dang, shouldn't have been so friendly. I'll shutdown Enhanced Stamina for 1 PP, then spend 1 PP to add a die to my roll for a result of 20 with a d12, and 1 PP to counterattack with that web complication
The Biker should now have a d12 Hands Tied complication, and at the end of the Biker's turn Spider-Man has 0 PP and that d10 Running Out Of Time complication

“I never did get to watch that TV show.” Spider-Man dodges and weaves away from the slashes with his hands behind his back, allowing the Biker to get closer and closer as he fits a normal web-cartridge in to his web-shooter. “Right Claw.” As the claw comes up, Spider-Man spools out a lasso of web and flips it up for the claw to pass through. “Left Claw.” And even before the Biker realizes what he is doing, the left claw slices around and catches on the webbing, leaving the two claws tangled together; Spider-Man immediately makes the mess worse by spraying more webbing, practically hand-cuffing the Biker's hands together. “You are fast Mr. Slasher, but it's all instinct; your brain can't keep up with your body, so you literally act before you think. Kinda makes me wonder what sort of life you've led, to have such fast instincts.” Spider-Man takes a step away and sighs tiredly, “And because I didn't look before leaping, now there's a bunch of bounty-hunting goons – no disrespect Sideburns – out in front of the Baxter building, and they'll probably cause a ruckus if I don't actually show up.” Spider-Man turns to walk away, but the Biker grunts and lowers his stance for a bull-rushing headbutt; without looking back, Spider-Man sprays webbing toward his feet to trip him up and complete the hog-tie.

My turn! I'm looking to step up the complication and take him out.
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d4 + Enhanced Senses d8 + Swingline d8 + Acrobatic Master d10
I'll also add in the Biker's d12 Hands Tied complication, my own d10 Running Out Of Time complication (which means it will step up after this) and the d6 from the Grapple SFX
Roll: 7, 3, 6, 6, 6, 6, 9 and 3
I'll shutdown Superhuman Reflexes for 1 PP, then spend my 2 PP to add two die to my result for 28 with a d12
Spider-Man now has 0 PP with a d12 Out Of Time complication

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-03, 08:48 PM
A torrent of muffled curse words confirms your success with webbing up your angry opponent. Whew. You sure don’t want to be around when he breaks out of those webs.Your spider sense is tingling again. What is it now? You feel a gust of wind sweep past you and a green blur dart by. You look up in the air and see an old man in a green bird suit circling over you. It could only be your old enemy the Vulture. Another warning from your spider sense. You manage to dive to the side in time to miss the blast of energy that hits the stairwell and explodes in blue light. You turn around to see the source of the blast. It’s another old foe of yours, the Shocker and standing next to him is the Scorpion! How could things get any worse?
“Hey Spider man!” You recognize that voice. It belongs to yet another villain, the Trapster. You see him standing next to the webbed up Biker. He gives you a smug wave when he notices you turning to look at him. “Like my new posse? We met in prison. You know where you put all of us. You may have been able to take us all on one at a time, but can you handle all four of us at the same time? And with sideburns here we’re up to five people who want to take you down.” He takes out a bottle and pours a clear liquid over the biker’s webbing.
"The deal was we were going to split the money four ways.” Says an obviously annoyed Shocker.
Trapster opens his mouth to say something, but the bikers hand around his throat makes it hard to understand what he is trying to say.
“I work alone bub.” The biker informs his rescuer before hurling him off the side of the building. The Vulture yells "Kill him you idiots!" swoops down from the sky to rescue his teammate. Scorpion and shocker charge the biker as he uses his claws to scrape the last of your webbing off of him.
It looks like everyone is distracted. Are you gonna make it to your meeting on time, or risk your life trying to keep the people trying to hurt you from killing each other?

Grandstanding villains add doom die and spending them immediately to take off your webbed complication off wolverine.
If you want to leave you can just describe you getting away and making it to the Baxter building otherwise take your turn like normal.

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-05, 12:42 AM
Spider-Man runs to the edge of the building as Vulture, Shocker and Scorpion collide with the Biker in a brilliant explosion as an electric punch from Shocker hits the Biker's claw and energy jumps from him to the others to stun them like a hit from a taser. Meanwhile Spider-Man is peering down at the Trapster, who dangles by a strand of adhesive from his glue gun to the side of the building. “Trapster, get up here! You're going to miss all the fun!”

The Trapster shakes a fist at Spider-Man with a scowl, “I'll glue that mouth shut, you see if I don't!” As he laboriously begins to climb up the face of the building with the aid of his adhesive boots, Spider-Man saunters over to stand beside the Biker; sparks still dance across his skin as he glares over at the Shocker, who is picking up his frazzled comrades.

“So, Human Lightning Rod, temporary truce?” The claw comes out of nowhere but Spider-Man is ready, he ducks under the slash as he points determinedly at Vulture. “I'll take the old guy and you can have the other two - !” Spider-Man hop-skips away from the second slash and puts his hands up in mock protest, “Hold on Bubbles, you can't fight Vulture too! Haven't you ever done a team-up before? We have to divvy up the opponents!”

The Trapster finally struggles up over the building ledge as the biker turns on Spider-Man with a growl, his claws fully extended; the Trapster shouts to his teammates gleefully, “Quickly, while they're fighting, get them!”

Spider-Man strolls closer to the biker as his old foes spread out to surround them and speaks just loud enough for the scruffy man to hear, “Now that the Trapster is here, we can take them out all at once … trust me, I have a plan. After that, maybe we fight, maybe we don't. Certainly better than letting me get away while you fight these chuckle-heads, am I right?”

I'll roll against the doom pool for an asset that I plan to give to the biker; Spider-Man will dodge attacks until he can get his old foes clustered together
Buddy d10 + Wisecracker d4 + Enhanced Senses d8 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Acrobatic Master d10
Result: 1, 4, 1, 2 and 3 … crap … wait, the Out Of Time complication! I'll roll that (and step it up past d12) and get 10; don't worry, I'll role-play the stressed-out complication in a moment
Does 14 with a d10 get me the Clustered Foes asset? If it does, I'll give it to the biker for his next attack
Spider-Man frantically dodges out of the way as all four foes jump at him and the biker, who also escapes the dog-pile with a deft roll; Spider-Man quickly shouts to the biker, “Now slash his glue tank Gruff Guy!”

Being so close together should allow the biker to stunt an area attack when he hits the glue tank, which would then capture the four foes and incapacitate them as I web the biker and pull him to safety … that's the hope anyway

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-05, 11:30 PM
“Didn’t I just say I work alone?” The biker says annoyed, but following your advice.
“We got these chumps we just need to stick together.” Trapster says grinning at his own pun as everyone lets out a groan right before his glue tank is ruptured. The now not so frightful four are now completely glued together.
“You got ‘till I turn them in for their bounty before I come after you again.” The biker says pointing at the mound of adhesive and supervillainy. “Enjoy your head start. You’re gonna need it bub.”

End of scene. Start of transition scene Doom pool is at 1d10+1d6
Describe your scramble over to the Baxter Tower.

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-06, 11:51 PM
“You don't have to tell me twice Lone Danger, my impatient foes await me!” Spider-Man runs for the edge of the building and hops off the lip … to land hard on the fire escape just below, out of sight of those on the roof but only barely. He checks his phone. 12:01. Late. They might still be accepting people at the Baxter building's front entrance, but his efforts to web-tag the city and now this fight have left him almost completely exhausted and he barely has the energy to walk over there, let alone web-sling. Plus – and he checks by pressing a hand against the wall – whatever makes him stick to things is on the fritz, as usual when he's this exhausted, so web-slinging might as well be impossible. But then, the Baxter building is just a block away; Spider-Man decides he might as well hoof it and catch his breath along the way. As he climbs down the fire-escape he changes in to his normal clothes and emerges from the alley below as Peter Parker.

Okay, during this Transition Scene I plan to recover some powers, set up an asset and get a resource. Recovering shutdown powers is described on page OM 89, with relevant info on recovery on page OM 26. Basically, I roll once for each shutdown power and add in the shutdown power's die; you oppose me with the doom pool plus the shutdown power's die plus relevant complications, such as that d12 Out Of Time complication if it's still around. If I win, I get the power back as normal or stepped down one; if I lose, the power remains shutdown … I think, they're not very clear about it.
Roll to recover Enhanced Stamina
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d8 + Enhanced Stamina d8
Result: 3, 7 and 8; I'll go with 15 with a d8
Since I'd like to have my Stamina for the rest of these rolls, I'll let you roll now to see if I get it back. Also, I'd like to spend my PP for this scene to create a d6 Digital Camera resource, which Peter will use to snap a few pics along the way, maybe even a few of the bounty hunters outside the Baxter building.

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-07, 12:47 AM
Despite your best efforts you just can’t seem to catch your breath. You feel light headed as you stumble your way across the mercenary infested plaza of the Baxter building.
OK, so it looks like I just roll the doom pool+ your complications and/or stress and your power’s die basically your target effect die to get your powers all the way back.
Total 16, 1 opp you fail to recover your stamina
Spider man now has a d6 camera resource
Doom pool stands at 1d6+1d10

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-09, 12:01 AM
Maybe I'm coming down with something? Peter snags a copy of this morning's newspaper left folded across a bench as he walks across the plaza, to confirm that the “newspaper publisher” is exactly who he suspects it is. Ironically, the mask of Spider-Man splashed across the front page covers his face as he walks. He also keeps an eye out for scanning-tech as he at long last approaches the Baxter building; it wouldn't do to accidentally walk through some sort of mutation-sensing archway or something. Did that guy on the motorcycle cough on me?

Roll to recover Superhuman Reflexes
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d8 + Superhuman Reflexes d10
7, 4 and 3 for a result of 11 with a d10

Roll to recover Superhuman Strength
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d8 + Superhuman Strength d10
3, 3 and 3 for a result of 6 with a d10

Roll to recover Wall-Crawling
Solo d8 + WGPCGR d8 + Wall-Crawling d6
5, 1 and 6 for a result of 11 with a d6

Roll to create the Scan Wary asset
Solo d8 + FNH? d4 + Enhanced Senses d8 + Tech Expert 2d6
2, 4, 2, 4 and 3; I'll spend the PP to add a die to my total for a result of 11 with a d8

I rolled one opportunity above, in case you missed it; and since I'm not sure I can try for multiple assets during this transition scene, I'll leave it at that

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-10, 04:31 PM
Yep it’s who you think it is all right. Your boss put up the money. There's an article about how he is the head of a new organization. C.L.A.S.S. Concerned Locals for the Apprehension of the Scoundrel Spider-man. It looks like they got some serious backers too. You get wrapped up on figuring out why the people on the list would want you in prison to pay the bounty hunters much mind.
You feel like a weight has been lifted off your chest as you enter the climate controlled lobby of the Baxter building. You see a small group of concerned teens milling about the front desk. There’s a flat screen tv hovering above it with the face of Mr.Fantastic on it. “My apologies for the delay. I’m in the middle of a fascinating experiment and I've seem to have misjudged the time. I should be down in about five-” A violent crash is heard on the monitor and the sprinklers behind Mr. fantastic come on “ten minutes.” He says as he stretched an arm over to a fire extinguisher before turning off the feed to your screen. His image is replaced by a fantastic four logo.
“Hey there cutie.” Says a young lady in a yellow plastic trench coat and pink sunglasses. “Like, Little late to the party eh? I can’t believe that I’m here instead of playing video games. I’m Jubilee and fawning over the Russian beefcake over there is the lady who drug me over here Kitty. Her boyfriend didn't make the grade he is just the only one of us with a car. so, Like, who are you?” She asks extending her hand.

Reflex recovery Success
Strength failure
wall crawling failure
Asset failure
I rolled 2 opps
gain a pp as the doom pool grows to 1d8+1d10

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-10, 10:47 PM
Remember that stress-out I promised?

“Shut. 'da Truck. Up. I made it?” Peter stares past the friendly girl as if he can't see anything but the flat screen behind her with an expression both dumbfounded and ecstatic, which splits into the biggest grin as he starts to dance around like a madman. “Woo! I made it, I made it, I- I- I made it!” He practically sings the last sentence as he turns around on the spot, drinking in the world-famous lobby as he pumps his fists in the air. “Peter Parker makes it in for the win!”

After a full revolution he is again facing the group of now slightly alarmed teens, and finally the realization of what he just did slowly sinks in. He carefully lowers his arms and sticks his hands determinedly in his pockets. After a moment of staring at the many, many people he has just thoroughly embarrassed himself in front of, he turns awkwardly to the friendly girl – who still proffers her hand but only because she seems frozen in shock – and gives a weary half-grin. “Sorry, did you say something? I had a … rough commute over here, I almost thought I wasn't going to make it a few times.” Peter avoids all eye contact with the larger group and they in turn look away to begin whispering among themselves … but then, Peter reflects, this isn't his first time looking like a freak. Wait, was there some kind of trouble up in the lab?

Is this still the transition scene? If that PP I got is going to go away when this scene ends and the next scene begins, I'd like to use it to get back Wall-Crawling if at all possible. The book says you can't attempt to recover a power twice in one scene, but activating one of those opps might be fine. I'll leave it up to you.

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-17, 06:16 PM
The lobby full of business people all freeze to look at your happy dance. You feel a bit woozy from all the attention. Or was it the homeless person who got you sic? You tug at your collar. It feels like your shirt suddenly doesn't fit. The world starts to spin around you as you collapse to the floor.
You wake up noticeably naked inside what seems to be some sort of odd tent. You peek your head outside and see a giant green person flanked by half a dozen other giants in yellow hazmat suits in the lobby. You have a hard time understanding how they can fit inside the building. You take another look and see piles of empty clothes littered around the lobby. A few tiny heads poking out of them.
A sudden dread overtakes you as your head finally catches up to your eyes. There’s no giants in the Baxter lobby, You've been shrunk!
A voice blares over the intercom. “Exotic particles detected. Initiating lock-down procedure.” Giant Steel shutters slam down and cover all the exits and windows. The green man laughs and tents his fingers. “All according to plan.” he says as he steps on an elevator with his henchmen. The door closes and the elevator starts crawling it’s way up the building.

You can regain wall crawling now if you want.
Still a transition scene.
Scene Distinctions are Security Lock-down, Tiny Naked Civilians, High Tech Facility
Spending a d10 from the doom pool to give you the Shrunken Complication.
Web shooters are still normal sized and thus shut down so gain a pp.

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-18, 11:55 PM
I'll regain Wall-Crawling with one PP and Superhuman Strength with that other, looks like I'll be needing both.

“Well it finally happened,” Peter quips to himself as he dives back in to start rooting through his clothes. “The transformation is complete. I'm finally the size of a spider.” With an air of solemnity he comes back up for air with a web cartridge, now relatively the size of a keg, under one arm, “As it was always meant to be.” Finding his web shooter he dribbles out just enough to make a pair of stretchy underpants, weaving the threads together with his usual finesse. “Man-Spider is already taken. Small Yorker? The Mighty Flea?” With a bit more of the web fluid he creates a simple mask to cover the upper half of his face, then a long rope which he uses to tie the web cartridge to his back. “No wait, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!” Peter carefully hides the web shooter as far back as it will go in the depths of his backpack, then strikes a heroic pose at the edge of his crumpled-clothes island. “Captain Underpants!” Setting his sights on the now-distant elevator, he sets out for it at a steady jog.

Passing a few other clothes piles he calls out with what he hopes will be a reassuring shout, “Fear not civilians! Mighty Mite, your local under-sized champion, is here! Do not panic and - !”

“Hold on, you are superhero?” The thick Russian accent emerges from the clothes pile just before the speaker, who is covered in what looks like a suit of metal. “I do not much like this situation. How can I help you?”

“Uh … wow, I mean sure, Mighty Mite could use a sidekick!” Peter walks over to shake hands with the metal man, “Let's see, we can call you … Pill Bug? Can you by any chance curl up into a ball for defense?”

“You'll call him Colossus and nothing else weirdo.” This time the new voice emerges from around their feet, and Peter looks down in surprise to see a young woman's head emerge from the floor. She stops at her neck and scowls up at the two, as if daring them to make a joke at her expense. “And I'm Shadowcat. Before you ask, we're - .”

“Penanggalan?”

Shadowcat squints in disbelief at Peter's joke, then phases a hand up through the floor to point at Colossus, “I will tell him to punch you if you keep that up.”

Peter sighs as his shoulders slump down, “Fine. Look, some of us deal with stress through humor, okay?” Turning, he points to the elevator, which shows that the slow car has nearly reached the top. “Best case, I hack the elevator controls and slow down that green guy to give Mr. Fantastic enough time to deal with everything. Second best, the elevator comes back down and we ride it up after them; if I can get close to that green guy, I can try to immobilize him with this.” Peter thumbs at the web cartridge on his back, then crosses his arms as he faces the two he hopes will be allies, “Any questions?”

Shadowcat shakes her head, “Consider that elevator taken care of, and if I can figure out the circuits I'll warn Fantastic over the intercom.” She disappears back into the floor, and Peter and Colossus continue on toward the elevator.

Colossus speaks with obvious pride, “My girlfriend is very smart. She will hack door no problem.” Putting one arm over Peter's shoulder, he continues with quiet menace. “And if she must emerge from floor, you will not be looking. Understand?”

Peter grins easily, “Mighty Mite is a paragon of virtue!”

So, I guess next would be Shadowcat's roll to take control of or frag the elevator with Disruption. I'll leave that to you. Any problem with my recruiting of Colossus and Shadowcat? Colossus is blue and Shadowcat is purple. Oh, and I couldn't think of any good way to have Jubilee join us.

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-19, 06:45 PM
I was planning on having them being mysteriously absent. You've foiled my plans again! May take a few days to rejigger my adventure again. Keep your post as is though. I like where this is going.

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-23, 06:31 AM
So I figured the most fun way this would play out is if I just gave you narrative control of all the heroes and since your webslinging is down I present to you your new 2nd power set!

New Power Set
And his amazing Friends!
Strength/Durability d10, Intangibility D8, Sparks d8
SFX Colossus: Spend a pp and shut down Strength/durability for the rest of the act and ignore all physical stress taken on a reaction.
SFX Jubilee: when creating a complication using Sparks add a d6 to your roll and step up the effect die.
SFX Shadowcat: When rolling an action or reaction that includes intangibility you may drop two die of the same rating to add one of higher value to the roll.
Limit Oh noes!: Gain a pp and shut down a power from the Friends power set. Recover during a transition scene.

( For your turn I suggest you have Jubilee making clothes for everyone then roll & describe shadowcat messing with the elevator.)

Cobrateen2000
2013-03-24, 12:28 PM
Several football-field sized feet away, a yellow plastic trench-coat rustles as Jubilee steps out with rainbow-pattern streamer pafs covering her body to make a brilliant, shifting, almost hypnotic body suit. “Guys! Guys, I figured out clothes!” She looks around, but can't see either of her two friends since she was a distance away from them even before being shrunk. Hanging her head, Jubilee sighs sadly, “I could have been playing video games today.” Suddenly she perks up again, “Whatev! Who knows what Kitty's getting up to with her boyf, so I better amuse myself for a bit until they come to get me and we like head off to save the day! Maybe I'll … spy on that fashionably-late cutie! See if he's the total package.” She giggles to herself and tiptoes off toward Peter's clothes, possibly having forgotten that her paf-suit is a stealth-killer. Possibly.

Psh, clothes are for losers. I'll shut down Jubilee for a PP and use that to auto-succeed (see page OM55) on Shadowcat's attempt to take control of the elevator. Now, back to the others!

Mighty Mite and Pill Bug arrive at the elevator as the Bug is miming a sort of overhand throw to the Mite, who looks excited. Shadowcat phases a head out from the wall and narrows her eyes as she sees the two, then rolls her eyes before calling out to them. “Hey, over here! Do you want the good news or the bad news?”

Mighty Mite grins, “Does anyone ever want the bad news?”

Pill Bug nods, “That is good point.”

“Bad news is that I was too late, the elevator with the goonies already stopped and we can assume they got off. Good news is that I think I got security access for The Thing, so as soon as the elevator gets here it will take us straight up to the lab where Fantastic was.”

“Wait, access for The Thing? So the elevator thinks we're a big indestructible guy?” A screeching of metal is heard behind the door as the elevator arrives, followed by a gigantic whoosh of air that nearly knocks Mite and Bug over. Peter frowns slightly, “I have a bad feeling about this.”

Shadowcat smirks, “Aww, is the Mighty Mite scared? You can always back off and let us handle this. In case you didn't figure it out already, this isn't our first time dealing with trouble.”

Peter mock yawns and puts his arms back behind his head, “Please, nothing scares the Mighty Mite.” The elevator doors open and Shadowcat phases back into the wall as Mite and Bug jump the gap between floor and elevator. The doors close behind them after a moment and the elevator begins its trek upwards, subtly gaining speed as it goes.

Inside the elevator, Shadowcat has phased up so she can ride the elevator, and now takes cover behind the Bug's back. She peeks around him at the Mite, who whistles nonchalantly as he studiously looks away from the two. “Hey, weirdo! Now that we have a moment, tell us what you meant. What is that thing on your back, and how is it going to stop the goonies?”

“Oh, this?” Peter thumbs at the web keg on his back. “I saw Spider Man drop it once and I picked it up. It's full of that web he shoots I bet, so if I chuck it at the bad guys it might rupture and web them all. Pretty clever, right?”

Shadowcat shakes her head with a sigh, “Are you incredibly dumb? Even if that Spider Man guy dropped it, it might have anything inside it. It might be empty, or it might not break open, or it might really be a bomb or something! I wouldn't put it past Spider Man to carry explosives, have you seen the newspaper stories about him?” She seems to be having difficulty speaking now, and clings to the Bug's back as the elevator's speed tries to push her to the floor.

The Bug nods, “He does sound like a scoundrel. But then again Kitty, when has your media ever shown us in a good way?” He doesn't notice his girlfriend's plight.

Peter crosses his arms defiantly, “Well I don't care what Jameson tells people, I know that Spider Man has always been and always will be a good guy!”

Before Shadowcat can respond, a voice from the elevator itself booms out above them, “Now arriving at the lab Ben. Emergency protocols active. Prepare for emergency braking.”

“What?”

“Oh crap.” Peter tightly grabs hold of his web cartridge as the elevator comes to an emergency stop. His Wall-Crawling keeps him stuck to the floor of the elevator, but Shadowcat and Pill Bug fly up into the air as if launched by rockets. The Bug hits the ceiling with a tinny Pang! before falling back to the ground where he lands roughly on his feet; Shadowcat on the other hand phases up through the ceiling.

The elevator doors open as the voice resumes, “Have a nice day Ben. By the way, have you lost weight?”

I'll shut down Shadowcat for a PP, then use it to recover Stamina. I'm all recovered! So, what do we see when the doors open?

Aquateenflayer
2013-03-26, 04:45 PM
“Security Breach, Security Breach. DNA Scan not a match. Initiating Ultron defensive countermeasures.” The doors open up to a state of the art lab. beakers and chemicals are stewn about the room. There’s no sign of any of the fantasitc four here.Three large robots (http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/aquateenflayer/ultornbot_zps7a395055.jpg) pop out of a hidden compartment in the wall and start marching towards you.
“Identify yourself or be destroyed.” They say in unison.

Start of action scene. you go first.

Cobrateen2000
2013-04-01, 11:14 PM
“You have five seconds to comply. Five.”

“Yikes!” Mite turns to Bug with a panicked look, “Quick, Hammer-throw me at those robots!”

“Four.”

The Bug shakes his head, “That is bad idea, very dangerous. I can defeat handful of robots easily.”

“Three.”

“I'll be fine! The shrinking gave me invulnerability if I'm denser now.”

“Two.”

“Colossus, please. If I identify us maybe the robots – just throw me!”

“One.” The three robots simultaneously raise their arms to point in the direction of the elevator. Bug frowns, but grabs Mite and then throws him directly at the head of the nearest robot. Mite speaks as loud and as quickly as he can when he is within about a foot of it, hoping the robot will be able to hear him now that he is closer to it.

“We'reguestsWegotshrunkbyasupervillainWesurrenderT akeustoMrFantasticWe'reguests!” He smacks spread-eagle against the robot's rounded nose, then allows himself to slide down and land on the lip of the chest plate. “Ow.”

I'll roll to give the robots a We'reguestsHelpus! complication.
Buddy d10 + FNH? d4 + Wall-Crawling d6 + Amazing Friends Strength d10 + Psych/Tech Expert d8
9, 2, 6, 2 and 5
I'll Exhaust Superhuman Reflexes for a PP, then spend it to add a die to my total, for a result of 20 with a d10.
Spider-Man now has 1 PP, a d10 Shrunken complication and Exhausted Superhuman Reflexes. Tell me if you get any 1s, I realized there's a resource I want to create before we come across the bad guys.

Aquateenflayer
2013-04-08, 04:47 PM
Roll to resist your complication
Affiliation Team [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Distinction Guardian of the Baxter Building [roll3] +1d6 to doom pool
Power Set Senses [roll4] (you'r dna isn't currently in the database of visitors)
Speciality [roll5]
Asset
Resource, push, or stunt
Stress
Complication Tiny [roll6]

Total 16
Effect d10
Doom Pool 1d8+1d6
you got one of them out of the fight.

One of the three Androids turns to the others and says "Warning High probability of unknown factors. Suggest further diplomatic interactions."
The other two robots turn and say in unison. "High probability of programming comprimisiation. Shut down and preform a full systems sweep as we destroy the biological threat."
"Acknowledged." The bot says as it returns to it's hidey hole in the wall.

Aquateenflayer
2013-04-08, 04:59 PM
"More than five seconds have passed without proper identification. Prepare for destruction." They level their hands, now glowing with energy at you.<Pew pew pew>

Rolling for physical stress via hand mounted lazer guns

Affiliation Buddy [roll0] [roll1]
Distinction Experimental Tech [roll2] +1d6 to doom pool
Power Set Weapons [roll3]
Specialty Combat Expert [roll4] [roll5]
Asset
Resource, push, or stunt
Stress
Complication

Total 7
Effect d6
Doom Pool 2d6+1d8
I also rolled a one. your turn. Also here's a nice template I made for posting rolls your rolls and stuff here on the giant's website. Link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dNl2ToOk6URfF7RytEMhAc3DdoYHZ5XIE69P1TsqKHo/edit?usp=sharing)

Cobrateen2000
2013-04-09, 10:27 PM
Peter jumps from the robot's chassis before it can go back in its cupboard and lands on a control panel, which he begins running along as energy blasts follow along behind him, “Comprised!? I'll show you compromised!” The control panel he is running along turns until he is running directly at the two remaining robots, and as the laser blasts converge on him he shrugs off the sparks all around him to leap forward directly between the two. “Max P! Press A to leap!”

First, I'll spend my PP to activate your opportunity and create a d10 stunt, It's Good To Be Small, to represent how my small size makes dodging them easier

Roll to resist physical damage from lasers
Affiliation Buddy [roll0]
Distinction High Tech Facility [roll1] +1 PP
Power Set Spider-Powers Superhuman Strength [roll2]
Power Set Amazing Friends Superhuman Durability [roll3]
Specialty Acrobatic Master [roll4]
Resource, push, or stunt It's Good To Be Small [roll5]

Now I'll spend my newly-acquired PP, plus one from exhausting Wall-Crawling, to counter-attack and add a die to my effects

Total 19
Effect d10 lasers to one and d10 lasers to the other, and stepped up to d12s because 19 beats 7 by two intervals

Spider-Man now has 0 PP, a d10 Shrunk complication and exhausted Superhuman Reflexes and Wall-Crawling
Mighty Mite flies between the two and the lasers of each hit the other; he hits the wall behind them and, after scrambling for a moment against it, falls down to the floor. Landing with his knees slightly bent, he breathes out a sigh of relief then turns to survey his handiwork.

Cobrateen2000
2013-10-27, 09:26 PM
The laser blasts have scored identical sets of holes in a row across the robot's midsections, and they topple over. Pill Bug comes jogging over as Mighty Mite dusts himself off, “That was unbelievable! I thought I would have to deal with the other two, but you … how did you jump like that?”

Mite shrugs, “I don't know! I had a feeling that I could … maybe being shrunk toughened all my muscles?”

Bug scowls in disbelief, “Strength, durability; that is all too beneficial. Why would that green one shrink us if not to - ?”

The computer voice is back, booming out above, “Foreign subatomic particles identified. Now attempting to use latent Pym Particles to return guests' mass to normal.”

The room seems to shrink around Peter and Colossus as they return to their normal size, and Peter quickly removes the rope of web holding the web cartridge to his back before it can constrict him. His web underoos and mask stretch but remain wearable, and he smiles as he strikes another heroic pose.

“Mission Successful!”

“Oh!” Colossus seems troubled, “Kitty – ah, I mean Shadowcat!” He returns to the elevator but the doors have closed again and the car is heading for the ground floor. He knocks on the metal doors several times and calls through them, “Shadowcat? Are you there?”

Peter meanwhile is searching the room. He dons a white lab coat left across one of the chairs, inspects the two robots that attacked them and generally keeps busy looking for clues. He finds nothing, and now Colossus is watching the lights above the elevator which show that the car is now back on its way up the building. When the doors open, Shadowcat and Jubilee are inside and back in their normal clothes; Colossus embraces Shadowcat thankfully as Jubilee swaggers in to the room and tosses Peter a ball of his backpack and clothes.

“Hey cutie, glad to see you made out all right!”

Colossus holds Shadowcat at arm's length as he looks at her closely, “Are you alright? You were thrown and I could not … there was nothing I could do!”

“I know, and I'm fine. Here.” Shadowcat hands Colossus his clothes, which he quickly puts on over his metal-plated body; Peter's eyes nearly bug out as the metal plates sink back into his skin.

“Whoa, how did he - ?”

Shadowcat interrupts him, “Like I was trying to tell you, we're mutants.”

“All of you?” Peter looks to Jubilee, who grins as she summons a small swarm of paffs to her hand and detonates them in a shower of sparks.

“All of us cutie.”

“I thought being shrunk gave him,” Peter points to Colossus, “tougher skin and her,” now to Shadowcat, “insubstantial atoms. Those are the kinds of quirks one might expect from an uncontrolled shrinking event!” Jubilee laughs and Colossus turns back to Shadowcat.

“So you went up through the ceiling, but how did you get down below?”

“I stabilized myself in the air and started to go back, but then my,” she glances at Peter suspiciously then continues, “some bird flew by and I grabbed on. That's how I ended up on the ground floor, so I phased back inside and met up with Jubilee. There was a big panic when everyone unshrunk and the steel shutters went back up, and in the chaos we grabbed all our clothes and got on the elevator again.”

Jubilee nods, “There was, like, this whole lobby full of naked people running around like mad.” She smiles at the memory, but Colossus scowls.

“I am glad I was not there to see such things.” He puts an arm around Shadowcat and turns to gesture first at the robots on the ground and next at Peter, “As for us, we were accosted by three of the Fantastic defense robots. Much to my surprise, he was more than a match for them.”

Shadowcat looks amazed, “For real?”

Peter waves away the praise, “I was lucky, I couldn't have done it without Colossus' help.”

Colossus continues with a slight puzzled look, “If there is one thing I still do not understand, it is the battle cry you gave. What does, 'Max P, Press A' even mean?”

This time it is Jubilee who looks stunned, but she quickly recovers, “It means he's awesome! Did you do a big jump after that?” Peter nods, embarrassed again, and Jubilee nearly bounces up and down in excitement, “I want to see it, I wish I had seen it! Can you do it again?!”

Peter shakes his head, “I think whatever happened to me went away when I returned to normal size.”

Shadowcat looks confused, “I don't get it.” Colossus nods in agreement and Jubilee sighs in despair.

“Of course you two wouldn't even ever understand.” She pats Peter on the shoulder, “Cutie, you and me need to seriously game some time. You're in to the classic stuff, like, right?”

Peter nods, “It's all I've ever played. We don't have a lot of money.”

“Us too!” Jubilee points to her yellow plastic coat, “And of course I like love that retro sheik! Oh wow this is going to be great, I haven't had someone to play against since I got fed up with the little brat that kept changing the channel when he was losing!”

Peter laughs, “Why did you let him have the remote then?” No one answers him as the four head for the elevator and their exit.

Cobrateen2000
2014-01-05, 02:15 AM
Peter exits the Baxter building alone, his head down as he looks through his digital camera's gallery. He glances up at his surroundings as he walks down a few stairs, but what he sees makes him do a double-take. The plaza now looks like a war zone, with bullet shrapnel, broken landscaping features and trees that look like they were hit by lightning. Areas of pavement look cratered from explosions or perhaps titanic slams, benches lay scattered like childrens toys and a large statue of the Fantastic Four has been dismembered by laser blasts.

Peter shrugs and goes back to looking through his camera. He smiles; the first picture is of the four standing together for a picture, Kitty scowling at Peter from the other side of Colossus while Jubilee kneels in front of them doing a double V for victory sign. The next few pictures are where things start to get strange. Kitty looking embarrassed with her hand halfway through a wall, Colossus proudly showing off his metal gut, Jubilee with visor down over her eyes and exploding a few pafs for a rainbow glow.

He laughs to himself, “It's not like I could sell these. No one would believe they're not shopped.” So, take a bus home?

Peter's phone rings and he digs it out of his backpack, opening the phone gingerly when he notices who the caller is; the voice on the other end barks at him, “Parker! Tell me you got something, anything!”

“Spider Man didn't show sir, but the place was crawling with bounty hunters – nice one by the way sir – so I went inside to see if,” Peter pauses, listening to the other end with surprise, “Did I see what? … No sir, I was inside when the shutters … sir! Wait! Scoop! I've got a … yes sir, I understand I'm not a reporter, but I'll make a good witness for what happened inside and I've got pictures you might want to see. Mutant pictures.”

Peter sighs in relief, his job saved once again, and continues, “I got your second text when I was a block from the plaza. Outside the building didn't seem like the best place to try taking pictures so I went inside along with some other students, where some green guy shrank everyone and made the shutters … yes sir, I realize it sounds preposterous. I didn't say it to make you laugh sir … Yes sir, I realize you can't print that in a legitimate paper, I'm getting to my scoop. So while I was inside I met a few mutants, probably there with the ones you heard about being in the plaza, and after gaining their trust I got invited to a home where they have more mutants living … Yes sir, this next Friday … Of course, I'll take a ton of pictures.” Peter listens for a moment, then winces as a loud clank coming through his phone signals the call has ended.

He walks away with a shrug. Those three seemed nice, maybe even potential ally material … but I need to keep my job too, at least for now. “And really, what harm could a few pictures do?”

Cobrateen2000
2014-01-05, 02:28 AM
Somewhere in Westchester County, a boxy convertible drives down a wooded lane. Colossus has the wheel and Kitty sits in the front passenger seat, leaving Jubilee the entire back seat to stretch out in like a queen of leisure. They soon arrive at a closed gate; sighing, Jubilee sits up properly in her seat. A small panel in the gate moves aside as a snake-like scanning machine on a strong, tendon-like cable whips out to inspect them all. The scanner makes a quick beep after checking each of the three and returns to its hidden hole as the gate opens for them. As they drive through, the muttonchops biker drives up behind them. He too is scanned, somewhat impatiently.

At a large mansion at the end of the drive they all disembark. Jubilee runs up to the biker, “Logan!” She hugs him like a child, then steps back with a sudden frown, “Was that message supposed to be, like, some kind of a tip? Why didn't you get him yourself?”

“Don't start with me kiddo, I had my own business. And what about you, wasn't your team up to the task?”

Jubilee glances back at Kitty and Colossus, who are walking in to the mansion together after having parked the car in the middle of the driveway; the car starts again on its own and backs up a few feet, where the ground under it lowers the car into a hidden garage.

“Those two? One's doesn't have enough brains and the other too much, plus they're stuck on each other like glue. They're no good for this kind of thing, apparently they ended up having their own little kiddie adventure with him.”

Logan sighs and runs a hand through his hair, “They'll learn. Like you did. And it was your job as leader to make the best use of their talents.” The area of pavement that took the boxy convertible away returns, and Logan wheels his bike over to it and props it up with the kickstand. He gestures Jubilee over to him, and she joins him as the ground again lowers with them along for the ride. “So, you found him with my tip?”

“What?” Jubilee grabs a phone out of her pocket and flips it open to pull up a text message and show it to Logan. “Like, how much use was this going to be?” The screen reads, 'Taler then me, blu eye, smels lik swet.' Jubilee harrumphs as they descend in to an underground garage, as empty as it is large. “It should be a crime to be that awful at something old man. Next time, just call me.” She pauses for a moment, then adds, “And leave out the part about sweat, that's like, completely useless for me.”

“And did the rest help?”

“Sure, a little. He was the only one to come in after the message came, plus the blue eyes thing helped. Soon as I saw him I was all like, That's him!” She sighs, “But then whoever it was came in and messed the whole operation up. I got separated, they all had their adventure with robots and jumping and stuff and by the time I had everything under control again we had to leave without him.” A grin appears on her face, “But! The spider is now headed for the web!”

A man walks out of the shadows below as they arrive at floor level, opaque red glasses covering his eyes, “Spider Man is what?”

“Hey Scott!” Jubilee waves at the man and runs to him, giving him the same big hug she gave Logan.

Scott nods and looks to Logan, “Logan.” His voice is cold.

The barest hint of a growl is in Logan's voice, “Scott.” He wheels the bike away, and Scott turns back to Jubilee.

“So, how did the mission go?”

She shrugs, “Whatevs. What happened outside?! Kitty said you were having some kind of fight, but by the time the rest of us got out it was all over!”

“Jubilee, I believe I asked you for a mission report first. I assume you didn't capture him, seeing as you came back empty handed.”

“But I'm curious about the fight!” Jubilee waits with a pouting look, but Scott remains silent and impassive and she sighs, “We waited in the lobby but Spider Man was a no-show, but then Logan was all he looks like this and this cutie Kitty's age came in like he was quacked but the description matched. I was going to lead him away with my geeky street cred but then some other guy with green skin and hazmat henchies came in behind him and did something to make us all shrink and pass out. When I came to the others were gone and I couldn't find them, but Kitty found me and we unshrunk and found the boys upstairs in some lab. Turns out the cutie took out a pack of Fantastic's guard-o-bots, so at this point I'm like eighty-five percent sure he's Spider Man. I invited him to the mansion and we'll find out for sure then. Report finished.” She breathes a deep sigh of relief, then looks at Scott. “So? What happened outside?”

Scott nods, “When the building's shutters came down we didn't know what was happening, but several squadrons of robot drones arrived and ordered everyone present to disperse. Tensions were already high with so many bounty hunters all waiting there for Spider Man so a battle began, and when the other mercenaries realized we were mutants they turned on us as well. The three-way sortie was not going in our favor so I had Storm provide some cover and we made our retreat, right around when the shutters opened and the robots dispersed.” Logan returns, now without the bike, and Scott turns to him again, “And where were you?” The simple question manages to sound accusatory but Logan shrugs with a smirk.

“Turning in some bounties of my own.” He pulls a large wad of cash out of his back pocket and hands it with stiff formality to Scott, “So I guess I was the only one to make us enough to keep the lights on around here. Funny how that works.” Scott takes the money with only a hint of a scowl and Logan walks off into the shadows with a wave, “And as always, thanks for letting me borrow the bike.”

“Burn~.” Scott glares - a act made difficult but not impossible by his eyes being obscured - at Jubilee. She laughs, “Chill out Scott. We've got Spider Man in the bag, and when we turn him in for that bounty next weekend the mansion's bills will be all set for like a year solid or something.”

Scott nods after a moment, “Now, did you learn anything of value talking with this person you believe to be Spider Man?”

“Sure. He's a nerd who looks like he does a hundred crunches every day, he tries to make people laugh when he's stressed and his name is Pete … Petey … Peter Packer?” Scott only stares and she colors a little with embarrassment, “Look, I wasn't there to remember his name. There must be like a million people with the same name, it wasn't important.”

“It might have helped us Jubilee.” Scott notices Jubilee's shame and pats her on the shoulder, “But you and your team did well, considering the chaotic circumstances. Please inform Kitty and Piotr.” Jubilee nods, happy again, and jaunts off in the same direction as Logan went. Scott stares up at the ceiling for a moment, looking more tired than any man should be, then follows her at a reasonable pace.