PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Sorts [IC]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Brass Dragon
2013-02-04, 12:34 PM
Night Falls is a small town on the edge of nowhere, meaning its relatively close to other towns, but still qualifies as nowhere. It was build near an ancient graveyard which they've been using for current burials, since the land is already supple and ready for digging. In fact, there's even a gravekeeper's guild in town, the most impressive building there, just a stone's throw away from the tavern.

Say where you are and what you're doing, feel free to interact, im willing to let the plot wait if you do.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 05:40 PM
Aerus sits outside the Tavern smoking his pipe, he'd only been in Night falls 2 weeks and he already felt bored enough to sit around and smoke, course the Tavern Keeper has some sort of lung problem, and yells at Aerus everytime he forgot and started smoking inside. Though he mostly did that the first week in town, now he knows the drill, walk in, grab chair, walk out, smoke. Now he found himself staring at the nearby Gravekeepers Guild, like he had the last few smokes as well, wondering if it would be rude to go knock and see what they do in there.

Anyone feel free to talk to/ know Aerus however you want. :smallsmile:

MHerbert
2013-02-04, 06:06 PM
Lorenz had only recently arrived in Night Falls 2 days prior, and was already bored with the morose town. The stabling fees for his carriage and horses were exorbitant and there had been few enough job opportunities as it is, even before considering that he was exceptionally short, an alchemist, and had devilish heritage.

Sitting in the corner of the Tavern, Lorenz drowned his loneliness and sorrows in his mug of ale. Bored and tired he sighed dejectedly, the time since his last participation in an endeavor had been extensive, and at least those people needed him for something. Surely here, away from the security and monotony of the larger cities, there would be some group of striplings eager to delve into the wilds, in need of a chirurgeon to keep their limbs attached to their bodies and internal organs internal.

Anyone is free to have traveled to Night Falls on Lorenz's carraige. He won't know them much more than as having traveled a short distance with them, and probably won't consider them either a friend or friendly.

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 06:23 PM
Finally arriving at his destination, Tensu strolled through the streets of Night Falls glancing at each building as he passed by. "Homey place isn't it Zephyr?" he said tugging the reigns of his horse. Perhaps I should shadow the tavern for a bit before continuing Tensu thought to himself staring down the adjacent road toward the Tavern.

After approaching the tavern and tying up his horse, Tensu gave his horse two quick pats before turning to the gentleman sitting just outside the Tavern. Tensu leaned up against the side of the Tavern walls. "That's a bad habit you know, Aerus" Tensu said with a friendly grin. "I see you've not changed much since last we met"

Ralasha
2013-02-04, 06:34 PM
Cora has her horses stabled, and heads into the inn to rent a room. Where she intends to eat, spend money, get drunk, and pass out.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 06:44 PM
Aerus looks at Tensu for a moment, seemily thinking hard, you can hear him mumble under his breath for a moment Ed... no...Jack...dead...Abel...would kill me on sight. finally looking up at Tensu again, he seemed to have remembered who he was, "Tensu! How long has it been?! I thought that troll had gotten you how'd you survive?! Wait! Was that you? Maybe the Time with those Boggards? Aerus quickly stands up and offers a handshake to Tensu.

Ralasha
2013-02-04, 06:57 PM
Cora dodges the feet of people that pay no heed. Repaying the man shouting over her head in kind with a swift kick to the shin.

Without waiting for a reply from him, she heads to the bar and jumps up onto a stool, her swords dangling behind her. "Food, and wine, and after that a room if you please."

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 07:25 PM
Aerus taps his pipe against his forehead for a moment"Bandits? Hmmm... the one with eyepatchs? Or was it the ones who all used gold daggers? After another short pause "I've been here for a little bit looking for a young green dragon I got a tip about. Apparently someone saw one around here, I suspected it was a towny, but the only people who I haven't check with are in the Gravekeeper's Guild."

Rendel Nep
2013-02-04, 07:30 PM
So I woke up in the woods, thinking to myself that was one hell of a night but then I'm thinking it was only one pint of beer and I tell ya I can put beer away like a blacksmith goes through coal. says the bald headed dwarf to another interested patron before taking another snip from beer. So I wander around the woods a bit, found the road and saw the sign and checked my map. Never even heard of night falls but now I'm searching for it on my map and it''s just not there. Went to see the cartographer and he was no use to me, thought I was crazy but was rather grateful afterwards and now I'm sitting wondering how I'm getting back. He finishes explaining and concludes drawing a large volume of beer from his tankard.

Ralasha
2013-02-04, 07:36 PM
The very dwarven Halfling looks over at the dwarf. "Sounds like someone slipped something into your drink. A little odd, but can't say it never happens." She scoots closer to the Dwarf. "I myself came here with a Caravan. What town were you in when it happened?"

Sinpoder
2013-02-04, 07:40 PM
Michael, a massive man towering at over 6'4" was made to look all the taller compared to his companion who also works as a Caravan Guard. As his friend went to the bar, he would go to the near by grave diggers guild to see if they needed any help digging some graves and putting some bodies in them. Michael would say that he would only intent to make some extra coin, and he was a rather religion man so praying for the safe travels of the dead was something that he could do to help those who have died pass on easier.

Michael, of course, was in his commoner's clothes as he did this interactions. Michael, if he was allowed to help, would do so and if not would instantly go to the bar and join his friend, after dawning his armor once again.

oyzar
2013-02-04, 07:43 PM
Cyzra Ze'Naur is dressed in a blood red dress, the dress is shining, making an accurate impression of fresh blood. The dress is clining to her well shaped body, accentuating at the voluptuous forms beneath. The dress does nothing to cover up her drow skin nor the glowing tattoos along her arms though, obviously she is not trying to hide who she is. She is not far from the tavern, in a small square made by two roads crossing. She hugs three other figures dressed in similarly striking clothing, a man in a sky blue complete with moving skies almost covered in various blue insignas, a man in pulsing purple with tattos raging like a fire from white through yellow and orange to red and a woman in shining gold who got her hands covered in jet black tattos. "Good bye Kousei, Indha and Menas. I have learned a lot in your company and I would not be the person I am today without the three of you. However I feel our ways are better off parting for now. I need some new influences and I need to explore my belifs away from you. I hope we meet again at some point in the future."

Cyzra gives the trio another hug then heads towards the tavern. Maybe there was something interesting happening in this town, if not maybe she could get clues there for where to go next. She enters the bar and head over to the counter and adresses the barkeep. "Hi there dearie, would you mind sharing the current goings on over a glass of hot spiced wine?" As she speaks she flutters her lashes at least giving him something pleasing to look at while he works. She also naturally let her slender hands move along her body to over her head stretching, drowning out the fact that she is a drow with weird tattoos in the fact that she is a Woman.

Taking 10 on a diplomacy check to influence the barkeep, 29

Ralasha
2013-02-04, 07:46 PM
The halfling blushes slightly, openly leering for a moment before catching herself, and hiding her face in her cup. A small line of wine dribbles down her chin, and runs down her armor in a sinuous line as it follows her contours.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-04, 07:50 PM
Michael, a massive man towering at over 6'4" was made to look all the taller compared to his companion who also works as a Caravan Guard. As his friend went to the bar, he would go to the near by grave diggers guild to see if they needed any help digging some graves and putting some bodies in them. Michael would say that he would only intent to make some extra coin, and he was a rather religion man so praying for the safe travels of the dead was something that he could do to help those who have died pass on easier.

Michael, of course, was in his commoner's clothes as he did this interactions. Michael, if he was allowed to help, would do so and if not would instantly go to the bar and join his friend, after dawning his armor once again.

you see a member with the traditional crest outside of the guild and ask him, his response:

"as it so happens, we do have a corpse, he says in a patronizing manner, never thought anyone would come looking for one of those in this town. If you want grave-keeper's work, just go to the guild and talk to Harken, the guildmaster. "

he leaves towards the tavern, enters and grabs the bartender's attention "hey jon, send a lich's tongue this way, im feeling parched"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-04, 07:53 PM
Cyzra Ze'Naur is dressed in a blood red dress, the dress is shining, making an accurate impression of fresh blood. The dress is clining to her well shaped body, accentuating at the voluptuous forms beneath. The dress does nothing to cover up her drow skin nor the glowing tattoos along her arms though, obviously she is not trying to hide who she is. She is not far from the tavern, in a small square made by two roads crossing. She hugs three other figures dressed in similarly striking clothing, a man in a sky blue complete with moving skies almost covered in various blue insignas, a man in pulsing purple with tattos raging like a fire from white through yellow and orange to red and a woman in shining gold who got her hands covered in jet black tattos. "Good bye Kousei, Indha and Menas. I have learned a lot in your company and I would not be the person I am today without the three of you. However I feel our ways are better off parting for now. I need some new influences and I need to explore my belifs away from you. I hope we meet again at some point in the future."

Cyzra gives the trio another hug then heads towards the tavern. Maybe there was something interesting happening in this town, if not maybe she could get clues there for where to go next. She enters the bar and head over to the counter and adresses the barkeep. "Hi there dearie, would you mind sharing the current goings on over a glass of hot spiced wine?" As she speaks she flutters her lashes at least giving him something pleasing to look at while he works. She also naturally let her slender hands move along her body to over her head stretching, drowning out the fact that she is a drow with weird tattoos in the fact that she is a Woman.

Taking 10 on a diplomacy check to influence the barkeep, 29

unfortunately, your attempts at seduction fail, for reasons only implied.
he does however go over some interesting stories his "roommate" had shared with him, regarding a few botched burials.

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 07:56 PM
"A dragon eh?" Tensu said amused. "What would you possibly do with a dragon?" Tensu re-adjusted his sword belt and took a seat next to Aerus. "Lord Braska sent me here to gain information on a necklace I am to find and retrieve" Fortunately it's of no urgency, I don't even know what it looks like... Tensu thought to himself. "What do you say to another adventure? Dragons and treasure go hand in hand anyway why not kill two birds with one stone?"

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 08:09 PM
"what do I plan on doing with a dragon? Exactly what it would do to you or me given the chance, kill it. And of course you can come along, I'd be a fool to reject a companion. First things first, we should go talk to the Gravediggers." Aerus then walks over to the door of the Gravekeeper's Guild, and knocks.

D4saken1
2013-02-04, 08:12 PM
The door opened slowly as Lannan looked around at the various and oddly assorted patrons of the Night Falls Inn. With a surefooted step he tucked in the door quietly and took off his hat placing it on the table he found for himself.

Cursiously he gazed around at the sparse females and gave out an elongated sigh as he took out his guns and placed them upon the table as well.

When asked if by a service wench if he would like anything all he replied with a melancholy grunt, "Whatever you got that's strong, mind the twigs and dirt."

Upon her departure Lan began to clean his guns and continue his study of the others taking part of the Inn's hospitality.

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 08:14 PM
June has been sitting in the tavern for a while, casually sipping some cheap ale. Now, though, she sees that something interesting is going on.

She promptly hails the man apparently named Tensu. "Pardon me for asking, but what was your friend saying just now about a dragon?"

MHerbert
2013-02-04, 08:14 PM
Finishing his mug, and standing up to place it on the table, Lorenz notices the group of strange individuals at the bar. Surprised and intrigued by the strange mix of races, and noticing the presence of a member of the Gravekeeper's guild at the bar, he reaches into his Haversack and pulls out two strange bottles. Drinking one and rinsing his mouth with the other before spitting it back into it's container, Lorenz placed them both back in the Haversack and listened intently to the conversation at the bar.

1st was Alchemical Allocation Extract (Consumed)
2nd was Elixir of Vision (Not consumed due to Alchemical Allocation)

Perception check to overhear conversations at the bar
[roll0]

Ralasha
2013-02-04, 08:17 PM
She nudges the Dwarf in a not gentle, yet friendly manner before speaking in a hushed voice. "Someone just said something about a Dragon." She grins and orders more wine, this time paying for a bottle of their best.

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 08:33 PM
Before Tensu stood up to follow Aerus he heard an inquiry from within the Tavern. Calmly he turned to the lady "To be honest miss, I'm not sure myself but his ambition may be the death of him" he said before a smile and a bow. "Surely a canary such as yourself wouldn't want to put herself in such danger" A moment passes as Tensu hears Aerus walking down the road toward the guild. "Ah but now I should attend to matters of my own" Tensu said with a nod of his head "Perhaps we'll cross paths again" he smiled before exiting the tavern and quickly shuffling up to Aerus as he approached the guilds doorstep.

Icilia
2013-02-04, 08:46 PM
Herald rides his wagon into town. He asks anyone he can find the loaction of the tavern. He finds shelter for his wagon and ox, and then heads into the tavern, finds a table, orders an ale, and begins to talk to an old looking sock on his left hand.

After a few moments, "Can I spare anyones time to speak about the wonders of he, The Great Left Sock?"

Ralasha
2013-02-04, 08:50 PM
The halfling chokes down the rest of her wine, her food, and says "Well, I think that's my cue to leave... or not." She walks over to the Drow and speaks in undercommon. "So, spiced wine is it?"

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 08:53 PM
June thinks for a moment about what she has just heard. On the one hand, he's right. Whatever this dragon business is it's probably obscenely dangerous.

On the other hand, it's certainly more interesting than sitting around drinking this sorry excuse for booze. She then leaves and attempts to follow Tensu unnoticed.

Stealth roll to follow Tensu: [roll0]

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 08:55 PM
Darn it! Didn't realize previewing would break the roll. Here's my real Stealth roll: [roll0]

Rendel Nep
2013-02-04, 09:09 PM
Huh? OK guess I'll talk to you later. the Dwarf responds finally. he looks aronud and with nothing else forthcoming calls to the priest.Yeah, sure I'm interest in what you have to say.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 09:13 PM
Perception:
[roll0]

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 09:13 PM
Perception Roll for Tensu against June's Stealth: [roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 09:20 PM
As Aerus waits for someone to answer his knock, he looks back to see Tensu being followed by someone as he arrives."Hey you behind Tensu! Stop hiding and come out!" he yells at June.

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 09:23 PM
"All right, you got me." June steps out of the shadows, with her hands above her head. "I mean you no harm."

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 09:25 PM
In one fluid motion Tensu swerves around with one hand holding the sheath of his sword and the other on the hilt. The girl from the tavern... "The lass heard you mention the dragon and asked about it. Seems this canary is poking her head where she shouldn't be" Tensu said, his eyes fixated on June.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-04, 09:29 PM
Quazoratal would be (I think, Buildings should have rafters...) draped in the rafters, Watching people do stupid things, and just generally waiting for something exciteing to happen.

Crazyfailure13
Aerus starts laughing and walks in Tensu's direction"You are getting sloppy samurai, being followed so easily. Now then , my lady, if you mean us no harm, why were you sneaking behind poor Tensu here?"

Not a Paladin
"I swear I just thought it would be interesting. Please don't hurt me!" As June says this, she unfastens her sword from her belt, allowing it to drop to the ground.

Diplomacy roll to try to defuse the situation: [roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 09:35 PM
Aerus gets a confused look on his face, though it looks rather strange with his feline nature, "Hurt you? Miss he is a man of honor and I am a Gentleman Adventurer! We wouldn't hurt you just for following us, if you want to come along, just ask, It's always nice to have some female companions anyway. Tensu here could tell you the story about the time we had to work in a shipyard once to find pirates, not a women their and a very filthy place."

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 09:40 PM
June pauses for a moment before speaking. "Oh, uh... sorry about the misunderstanding then. Of course I'd like to come with you."

A moment later another thought occurs to her. "Wait, I suppose I ought to introduce myself. My name's June. What's yours?"

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 09:48 PM
Aerus bows low while giving his name "I'm Aerus, gentleman, killer of beasts, saver of damsels, and smoker of tabbaco. Currently searching for a young green dragon that I was informed of in this area."

Sinpoder
2013-02-04, 09:48 PM
you see a member with the traditional crest outside of the guild and ask him, his response:

"as it so happens, we do have a corpse, he says in a patronizing manner, never thought anyone would come looking for one of those in this town. If you want grave-keeper's work, just go to the guild and talk to Harken, the guildmaster. "

he leaves towards the tavern, enters and grabs the bartender's attention "hey jon, send a lich's tongue this way, im feeling parched"

Michael would nod him and he would go talk to the guildmaster, knowing very well that most people don't usually ask questions for someone who is digging graves, as most people who do it aren't often the most sane people. If he got his answer for what he wanted, he would go to every body that needed to be buried and he would 'pray' over them before beginning the work that needed to be done, and with his 20 strength, digging a hole should not be a hard task for him and should be done extremely quickly.

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 09:52 PM
"Well, it's nice meeting you, Aerus." June then turns to Tensu. "And what about you?"

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 09:55 PM
Tensu winced at the memory of the shipyard. "I am Tensu, prized samurai of Lord Braska" Tensu relaxed his grip and straightened his stance "My apologies miss, the long day has dulled me it seems. I didn't mean to be edgy" Tensu glanced at Aerus "If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here to Night Falls? And why so quick to join us? Attacking a dragon is a perilous task to
say the least, and I mean no offense, but we don't even know each other"

D4saken1
2013-02-04, 10:01 PM
Lannan had noticed several people leaving and heard a muttered word once he thought he may have mistook, but he was bored as it was anyhow.

Gathering his guns and putting his hat back on he left a few coins for his drink and briskly walked free from the Inn.

It didn't seem like anyone had tried to hide their tracks so he tucked his hands under his large leather trench coat and proceeded forward at a lazy pace until he could see figures up ahead.

Pulling one of his rolled tobbaco smokes from a little tin case he lit it up with a odd device in a small hand held container with a piece of flint, steel, and oil soaked silk wick.

As Lan got close he took an long drag and exhaled before speaking to the people in mid conversation, "Howdy there, followed yall. Just seemed a lot of people had been wandering out at once; figured I'd poke my nose in a bit and see if there was some sort of work around here."

feel free to roll against his track roll of 24. Used the d&d dice roller where is that forum tool one?

Not a Paladin
2013-02-04, 10:01 PM
"No offense taken." June hastily picks her sword back up. "If you're wondering why I'm here, well, I just sort of drifted into town yesterday. And this dragon business is simply the most interesting thing I've heard about for a while. That's about it."

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 10:11 PM
"Of course boredom is quite a good reason to go on a dragon hunt, and unless Tensu here has any objections, feel free to join us ." As another person approachs, Aerus lights up his pipe, " Tis truely a strange day, an old ally, a young lady, and now someone else looking around my business, boredom has quickly blown away, I'm on a hunt for a dragon that may be in the area, asking around the Gravekeeper's guild is the last source of possible information in town."

just to point out Aerus was never in the tavern, he was outside and has not gone in.

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 10:18 PM
"Seems we're attracting a lot of attention Aerus" Tensu said now scanning the area. "Perhaps it'd be best we hold this conversation for later less we start attracting more". I forgot how much Aerus loves new people.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-04, 10:22 PM
heh.

Dropping down infront of the Halfling tefling, Quazoratal would look at him, turning his head different ways.
"Who was your father? Your mother's side? Who's Side are you on? What are you staying here for? Are you wanting of Larve? I have recently encounted some, Would you like any?"
He says this all extremely fast, but with a lower pitch then one would expect.

D4saken1
2013-02-04, 10:25 PM
Lannan laughed briefly and tipped his hat gingerly continuing to smoke his cancerous treat, "Oh curiosity is a problem of mine, and a tavern is at best relativity inconvenient for sensitive business."

Cracking his neck with one hand Lan looked directly at the Samurai, "I have no business at hand if you feel more.. firepower is needed." He paused and smirked softly at his own terrible pun, "I would be more than willing to assist but if my company would be an issue I will step aside; though I doubt anything more interesting will float through the inn's doors."

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 10:26 PM
"While I normally wouldn't mind moving, I'm currently waiting to see if anyone will answer this door that I knocked on, how's the horse by the way Tensu?"

MHerbert
2013-02-04, 10:30 PM
Having already heard the strange being moving around the rafters, Lorenz manages to avoid covering himself in his (next) drink.
"Well, that's hardly a good way to start conversation. Still if you must know, my father is a mystery and my mother is an enigma."
Looking at his Compass
"Depending on where you're talking about will determine which side, I don't enjoy sleeping in my Carriage, and I prefer bread thank you."

"But before all of that, my name is Lorenz. Lorenz Varren."

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-04, 10:30 PM
" Your perfectly welcome to come with us stranger, as long as you feel up to a hunt." tapping his pipe out after it empties, Aerus sneezes.

Sry for the double post, editing is difficult on a touch phone.

MHerbert
2013-02-04, 10:31 PM
And I wonder what you are...

Knowledge: Nature Check
[roll0]

-Jynx-
2013-02-04, 10:32 PM
Tensu eyes the hobgoblin for a moment "I suppose the three of us wouldn't be enough anyways. More company may prove useful." Tensu glanced back toward the tavern "Ah Zephyr will be fine, besides she wouldn't want to go into the guild anyway" Once we finish here though I should take her to the stables... she needs her rest.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-04, 10:32 PM
Having already heard the strange being moving around the rafters, Lorenz manages to avoid covering himself in his (next) drink.
Well, that's hardly a good way to start conversation. Still if you must know, my father is a mystery and my mother is an enigma.
Looking at his Compass
Depending on where you're talking about will determine which side, I don't enjoy sleeping in my Carriage, and I prefer bread thank you.

But before all of that, my name is Lorenz. Lorenz Varren.

Being the Mystery-eous one hmm? I understand wanting to do that, But Honestly, Don't you know?
Bread is boring, why not try Larva?
Your Carriage? Hmm, People always need those....

Nature turns up nothing, He's not from any Nature At all...:smalltongue:

MHerbert
2013-02-04, 10:40 PM
Lorenz sighs deeply, and beckons the barmaid for another drink.
No, I suppose I don't, and thus my mysteriousness must be part of my nature. It really is a bit hard to talk to your parents when all you remember is an orphanage, loneliness, and a very large bully named Harold. Now deceased.
Lorenz smiles faintly.
I don't even know which parent to curse for my predicament, still, more pertinently, who or rather, what, are you?

Knowledge: Arcana
[roll0]

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-04, 11:05 PM
Lorenz sighs deeply, and beckons the barmaid for another drink.
No, I suppose I don't, and thus my mysteriousness must be part of my nature. It really is a bit hard to talk to your parents when all you remember is an orphanage, loneliness, and a very large bully named Harold. Now deceased.
Lorenz smiles faintly.
I don't even know which parent to curse for my predicament, still, more pertinently, who or rather, what, are you?

Knowledge: Arcana
[roll0]

"It must, after all, I think I understand your pain, I myself grew with only Undead as my friends.
I am Quazoratal, I should have a few more titles, but I, however, have not earned any.
And what? That, That is the question....

Knowledge: Still not working.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-04, 11:33 PM
Herald rides his wagon into town. He asks anyone he can find the loaction of the tavern. He finds shelter for his wagon and ox, and then heads into the tavern, finds a table, orders an ale, and begins to talk to an old looking sock on his left hand.

After a few moments, "Can I spare anyones time to speak about the wonders of he, The Great Left Sock?"

by the way, when he says this, his eyes glow a bit. not bright enough for him to notice, of course

Brass Dragon
2013-02-05, 12:00 AM
putting a suspension on posting until tomorrow morning

anything posted between now and my next post will be disregarded

Swami Monsoon
2013-02-05, 12:06 AM
Tom sulks in a corner, staring down into his beer.

He'd really thought Silver Mound would be it... a nice quiet place, far away from anything... a hot claim... and then the hard-faced men showed up. Again. Dressed up as wandering priests of Pelor this time... oh so clever. Even if the dead eyes didn't give them away, Tom never forget a scent. Same f%@#rs that jumped him in Glass Valley. By the time the tall one got his pistol free from the satchel of religious tracts and the short, nasty one had fumbled the sawed-off shotgun out of his monk's robes, Tom was sprinting for the treeline behind a conjured cloud of dust...

So now, Night Falls.. and what a godforsaken s%$t hole it was. The only thing they mined here was graves. But maybe, just maybe, this place was so far out in the boonies the Greenstones wouldn't find it. Of course he'd told himself that before... Still, this place made Silver Mound look like lost Manhattan. The bad news was that the f#$%g Gravekeepers were the only game in town. Even from the back of the bar his sensitive nose could detect the faint smell of death from the building across the street. Still, a job was a job... and if he knew anything, he knew how to dig.

Now what were those strange people over there talking about? A dragon? And was that a... talking snake? So this just might be the place where a half-devil weasel-kitty guy could fit in...

EDIT: (OOC)This crossed with B. Dragon's "disregard" post... but I'm just introducing my character and not taking any actions.

razorback
2013-02-05, 12:15 AM
derppity derp derp

Brass Dragon
2013-02-05, 11:08 AM
go ahead now

razorback
2013-02-05, 11:38 AM
The old man hobbled down the road, a small pot of honey in one hand and a decrepit looking walking stick in the other. Every once in a while he would stop and stick his finger in the pot, right index finger only, before continuing to walk on while sucking on his finger. Anyone passing by wondered at the old didn't say anything.

As he walked up to the sign that read 'Night Falls' in a childish hand in white wash on the plain and very old wood, he hummed to himself

"So, this is nowhere
and nowhere this is.
I wonder where the
drinks do flow
and the orc sits."

Satisfied with his little ditty, he laughs and walks into town, with town being a very large stretch of the word.
Looking at the dingy building and guessing, correctly, that this is the local watering hole, he walks in. Seeing the hustle and bustle of activity, he dodges everyone walking around in the cramped room. Tilting his pileus back but not off his head, he walks up to the bar.
"Do you have any juice? If not, some wine might do, might do." With that he gives a 'hehehe' laugh that turns into a hacking cough. "Whichever is fine, young lad, whichever. Also, do you have a local church that I can pay my respects to? A tired old traveler, I be, and any small token I can leave for the gods so they may speed my safe and long journey is worth it in my eyes." With that he grins at the barkeep, showing a half full mouth of rotten teeth.
After getting his drink and paying out for it in copper pieces, one at at time, counting three times with an evil eye at the barkeep as if he were trying to rob him, he hobbles to a free table and sits, smelling his drink with a blanch before sipping it.
As the women, obviously a drow and just as obviously beautiful, walks in, he laugh and cackles as all the eyes in the room follow her.
"A rose with poison thorns do be more tempting than one without." and laughs to himself.

As the goblin prattles on about his sock god, the old man's face turns stern but no one was looking at him. Smooth again, he says to the goblin. "What kind of trick do he do? I mean, besides the obvious of keeping your hand warm."

Silver Swift
2013-02-05, 01:04 PM
Kyron overheard the conversation between the samurai, the cat and the girl, ready to step in if things got out of hand. Relieved that everything seemed to remain peaceful he waited and listened for a while before approaching the group, lowering his hood to reveal a scaled face.

Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, would you perhaps have use of another pair of able arms... and some other able appendages? His cloak flutters up as four tentacles rise up and appear from behind it.

Ralasha
2013-02-05, 01:10 PM
The odd mixture of elven dwarven and halfling features waits for the Drow to respond to her question.

oyzar
2013-02-05, 01:17 PM
Cyzra notices the wine trickling down the chin of the unfamiliar looking female next to her. She is quite surprised to be adressed in her own tounge though, but responds in kind "Why hello there little one. Spiced wine indeed. Strong tastes and feelings are my thing." She moves a slender hand over to the face of the half-halfling. "I am Cyzra, a pleasure to make your aquintance."

-Jynx-
2013-02-05, 03:06 PM
Tensu steps forward toward the scaled creature. "It seems we're going to make a circus" who... or rather is he? I fear this quest is attracting a more... interesting crowd than I'm usually comfortable with. Tensu turned back toward the door "I dunno Aerus, doesn't seem like you'll be getting the answers you seek just yet" he said with a sigh "I'll retire the inn for now, find me if anything interesting comes up" Tensu bows to June "m'lady, gentlemen" Tensu turns down the street and unhitched his horse before making his way to the inn.

I'm at work so I'll give Aerus control if anything comes up until I post back tonight if that's alright

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-05, 04:15 PM
"Tentacle man, I'm afraid I won't even know about my own quest until some gravedigger opens this door, and as much as I believe it goes against my gentleman's code to say, you have warded me from your continued presence with your abrupt and strange introduction." At which point Aerus knocks loudly on the Gravekeeper's Guild door again.

Sinpoder
2013-02-05, 05:52 PM
Michael would walk back into the bar, after finishing his work, and then he would see acouple things. One he would see a rather attractive drow, which he would only look at her for a moment before leaving her alone as Michael knew Drow women were not some people that you want to mess with. He also saw several people talking, though he didn't really pay attention to them, as he was more focused on avoiding the Drow women.

Michael would then walk over to the bar and ordered a drink. Michael was wearing his full Hellknight Armor, which made him stand out but he did not mind as he let the halfling do as he pleases, as he often did as he made plans to get into contact with his contracts for some of his gems.

Ralasha
2013-02-05, 06:52 PM
The halfling nibbles the knuckles gently, the blush in her cheeks deepening to a pinkish hue at the contact with her skin, then changes from undercommon to the drow dialect of elven. "Hello Cyzra. I am Cora. Since we are apparently not being formal I shall forgo the use of my family name. I have some rather expensive Illithiri wines in my cargo, would you care to share some? I have Ulaver wine, Death's Head, and Qilovestualt. Considering you like spiced wines, I think you would perhaps prefer the Ulaver." She smiles demurely.

Not a Paladin
2013-02-05, 08:48 PM
"Maybe they're closed for the day? Hold on, let me see if I can tell." June walks up to the door, puts her ear up to it, and listens.

Perception check to listen at the door: [roll0]

-Jynx-
2013-02-05, 09:05 PM
Tensu arrived at the inn. An attendant approaches him as Tensu flashes an insignia of his status from home. "Ah Sir Tensu I presume? Lord Braska informed us of your arrival" the attendant said motioning Tensu inside "Your ride in was well?" "Long" Tensu said pausing for a moment "But this place is more interesting than I anticipated" "Very good, may I take your horse to the stables? Arrangements have already been made for its stay here in Night Falls" "Yes that will be fine" Tensu replied, handing off the reigns to the attendant before stepping to the counter of the inn.

"I believe I have reservations under Lord Braska's personnel" Tensu said, placing his hands on the counter and slumping his shoulders. "Let me see" the attendant began flipping through a book she grabbed from under the counter "Hmm.... Tensu, yes it seems you have a room here but it isn't ready, I apologize for the inconvenience it should be ready for you in about an hour" "Heh, my luck" Tensu said with a dry laugh "No worries ma'am, I shall return later then" the samurai said, turning and heading back out the doors of the inn. I suppose I should go meet up with Aerus then. Perhaps get to know this June a bit more... he contemplated, remembering a glimpse of her behind as he walked passed her earlier.

razorback
2013-02-05, 09:10 PM
Lerrin watches the huge, armored warrior walk in and order a drink.
Looking at the goblin he whispers loudly so anyone near can hear "I think he may be compensating for something. What do you think... uhm, red eye?"

Rendel Nep
2013-02-05, 10:16 PM
I think running yer mouth like that shows you don't have much in the way of self preservation. Ovdal comments curtly shaking his head.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 12:07 AM
The old man hobbled down the road, a small pot of honey in one hand and a decrepit looking walking stick in the other. Every once in a while he would stop and stick his finger in the pot, right index finger only, before continuing to walk on while sucking on his finger. Anyone passing by wondered at the old didn't say anything.

As he walked up to the sign that read 'Night Falls' in a childish hand in white wash on the plain and very old wood, he hummed to himself

"So, this is nowhere
and nowhere this is.
I wonder where the
drinks do flow
and the orc sits."

Satisfied with his little ditty, he laughs and walks into town, with town being a very large stretch of the word.
Looking at the dingy building and guessing, correctly, that this is the local watering hole, he walks in. Seeing the hustle and bustle of activity, he dodges everyone walking around in the cramped room. Tilting his pileus back but not off his head, he walks up to the bar.
"Do you have any juice? If not, some wine might do, might do." With that he gives a 'hehehe' laugh that turns into a hacking cough. "Whichever is fine, young lad, whichever. Also, do you have a local church that I can pay my respects to? A tired old traveler, I be, and any small token I can leave for the gods so they may speed my safe and long journey is worth it in my eyes." With that he grins at the barkeep, showing a half full mouth of rotten teeth.
After getting his drink and paying out for it in copper pieces, one at at time, counting three times with an evil eye at the barkeep as if he were trying to rob him, he hobbles to a free table and sits, smelling his drink with a blanch before sipping it.
As the women, obviously a drow and just as obviously beautiful, walks in, he laugh and cackles as all the eyes in the room follow her.
"A rose with poison thorns do be more tempting than one without." and laughs to himself.

As the goblin prattles on about his sock god, the old man's face turns stern but no one was looking at him. Smooth again, he says to the goblin. "What kind of trick do he do? I mean, besides the obvious of keeping your hand warm."

you learn that there is a church to wee jas here

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 01:15 AM
"Maybe they're closed for the day? Hold on, let me see if I can tell." June walks up to the door, puts her ear up to it, and listens.

Perception check to listen at the door: [roll0]

the door opens inwards and you fall in, "yes?" harkin says to the motley crew before him?

also, new rule, if a post requires an interation on my part, posting (by those involved) is suspended until i respond.

also, nighty night, no posts till i come back

note: if you're only on when im off, just post anyways

edited in some things

oyzar
2013-02-06, 02:46 AM
Cyzra slowly withdraws her hand, then brings it up to her mouth and licks it sensually. She does not respond immediately but rather waits to get what she ordered. The barkeep hands her a metal goblet filled with liquid. She brings it up to her mouth and slowly sips the dark red liquid. "Ah I do indeed like harder and rougher tastes better. While I certainly can appreciate soft things I do prefer wilder and more admantine tastes. This does not seem like the place for formal introductions, but one such as you certainly deserves it. My name is Cyzra Ze'Naur. Those fine wines of yours sounds delightful. I am surprised that you are traveling around with such a collection though. Such precious commodity is usually kept safely stored in cellars. What brings you to this place if I might ask?" Cyzra respond in elven as well. The more common language is surely more likely to be overheard, but it is not like she is revealing any secrets.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-06, 07:09 AM
As the man answers the door, Aerus quickly pockets his unlit pipe and speaks just as quickly,"Hello sir, My name is Aerus, i'm here regarding an alleged sighting of a quite possibly dangerous creature in the area, I have asked throughout the town without success of finding the person who might have seen this beast, would you mind if I come in and ask the men of your order if they have any information? Regarding the creature that is?"

razorback
2013-02-06, 08:11 AM
The dottering old man looks over at the dwarf and sips his drink before continuing.

"Perhaps, perhaps. But who listens to old men besides old men?" With that he smiles, again showing a row of rotten teeth. "Besides, sticks and stones and all that nonsense. Bounce right off his armor, I'm betting."

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 12:17 PM
As the man answers the door, Aerus quickly pockets his unlit pipe and speaks just as quickly,"Hello sir, My name is Aerus, i'm here regarding an alleged sighting of a quite possibly dangerous creature in the area, I have asked throughout the town without success of finding the person who might have seen this beast, would you mind if I come in and ask the men of your order if they have any information? Regarding the creature that is?"

Yes, we have no trouble here, at least i dont think...

as he trails off you hear a screaming man getting closer, from the direction of the great tomb "The Great Mausoleum!” he yells. “The Skull Tomb is open! The ghost is free!”

all yall in the tavern hear that too*

-Jynx-
2013-02-06, 01:45 PM
Tensu was halfway back to the gravediggers guild when he heard the scream. Good now its getting interesting... he grinned to himself. Tensu dashed off toward the direction of man screaming, one hand gripping the sheath of his katana.

Ralasha
2013-02-06, 03:47 PM
Cyzra slowly withdraws her hand, then brings it up to her mouth and licks it sensually. She does not respond immediately but rather waits to get what she ordered. The barkeep hands her a metal goblet filled with liquid. She brings it up to her mouth and slowly sips the dark red liquid. "Ah I do indeed like harder and rougher tastes better. While I certainly can appreciate soft things I do prefer wilder and more admantine tastes. This does not seem like the place for formal introductions, but one such as you certainly deserves it. My name is Cyzra Ze'Naur. Those fine wines of yours sounds delightful. I am surprised that you are traveling around with such a collection though. Such precious commodity is usually kept safely stored in cellars. What brings you to this place if I might ask?" Cyzra respond in elven as well. The more common language is surely more likely to be overheard, but it is not like she is revealing any secrets.

The halfling grins at the Drow's actions and shrugs at her question. "I travel quite a bit. Keeping them in a cellar would be dangerous since I am never home. If I didn't travel, I wouldn't be able to find such rare goods, and I would be unable to find treasures worth hoarding."

MHerbert
2013-02-06, 03:57 PM
Halfway through his second cup, Lorenz coughs in surprise, spluttering mead across the tabletop.
"Urgh, Ghosts? You hear that Quaz? Dammnit, and I'm dry on Holy Water too. This is going to be a real pain in the neck."
Pulling his Buckler from his Haversack, Lorenz begins to quickly weave his way through the tables to the door, loudly excusing himself and attempting to avoid the steps of any panicked larger creatures within the Tavern.

razorback
2013-02-06, 04:54 PM
As the scream enters the tavern, the old man stands, more quickly than anyone could have guessed his old bones could have moved. Hobbling quickly to the door the batttered stick disappears into his pack and a moment later a bow appears.
Those by the door think they hear him mutter "Is this why you brought me here, Wise One?"

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-06, 05:01 PM
Aerus hears the scream and quickly pushes into the building, pulling his oversized axe of his back Aerus starts to look for the source of the of the scream, stoping only to yell back to his companions at the door "Come follows! This sounds like Adventure!"

Rendel Nep
2013-02-06, 06:33 PM
Ovdal shrugs and decides to follow everyone out the door towards the shouting. He drops a gold or two before leaving and nods to the barman. "Super-nature calls" the dwarf monk mumbles and runs out the door.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 07:29 PM
anyone not respond yet?

oyzar
2013-02-06, 07:31 PM
Cyzra studies the half-halfling while she is talking. "Well I guess I am travelling for much the same reasons. You don't find much new things staying in the same place all the time." As the voice sounds from outside she says calmly. "Sounds like things just got interesting. Let's go and check it out." Her actions does not match her words though, she quickly moves out the door, muttering the words "Veldrin dormagyn uns'aa dal l'ssussun lu'xxizz uns'aaveldri" beneath her breath. All of a sudden the light seems to be darker around the drow. As she slips out, she tries to blend in with the surroundings, seemingly impossible with her striking dress.

Taking 10 on a stealth check for 22. The spell cast is Penumbra. Prestidigitation is what makes the dress look like blood, it is still red normally though.

Ralasha
2013-02-06, 08:03 PM
The halfling heads outside as well. Muttering curses in multiple languages, and something about interruptions as she reaches behind and pulls out her swords.

Not a Paladin
2013-02-06, 08:39 PM
"That can't be good." June rushes toward the source of the scream, hoping to help deal with whatever warranted it.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 08:42 PM
Assuming anyone who hasn't posted went to where the yeller was, he relays his tale:

“I know I had no business going there alone,” confesses the young man to the gathering crowd. “But the other gravediggers said I was a wimp who was too scared go to the Tomb Steppe. So I decided to go there alone, to prove myself. “I went all the way to the Great Mausoleum, figuring that I’d chalk my name on the doors to prove I was there. I couldn’t just say so, after all— I needed proof. “But the doors were open when I got there. I wondered if some grave robbers had made it past the wards, so I decided to check. I went in and saw several bodies, all decomposing, in the main tomb area. Above the pile floated a wispy ghostlike thing with glowing red eyes. Well, let me tell you, I really was scared then. I didn’t think twice—I just ran!”

Ralasha
2013-02-06, 08:44 PM
"Good! Sounds like some grave-robbers got what they deserved. So, where is it? I'll see if I can put things right. Rather standard where I come from. You treat the dead with respect, or you end up among them."

MHerbert
2013-02-06, 09:01 PM
"I can help too!" a somewhat muffled voice exclaims as Lorenz squeezes his way past the legs of onlookers to appear in the center of the crowd.
"I might need a few minutes to visit the church first though. I'll need some holy water in case any of these supposed phantasms or ghosts turn out to be hostile. Ummm, your Church does sell Holy Water, right?

Ralasha
2013-02-06, 09:10 PM
"Hostile Ghosts are only hostile until you appease them. Ever been in a Dwarven Tomb? There's nothi8ng BUT hostile ghosts. I will need food, wine, ale, and other offerings for the dead. I will also need a priest to come with in order to perform the necessary rights to put the dead back to rest."

-Jynx-
2013-02-06, 09:20 PM
Tensu toward the back of the 'crowd' spoke up "Lets just kill it..." Tensu began to scan the group of adventures before him "Unless you care to make it a sandwich and talk to it about its feelings as well?" Tensu paused for a moment and placing his hand on his sword "It was killed once, we can do so again."

Ralasha
2013-02-06, 09:27 PM
The Giantling shakes her head, and pulls out a sword that looks too large for her, which glows with an obviously reddish light, and throws off heat like a common room fire. She then hold the sword, point up with no effort and calls back, "You'll have to manage to kill me first sweety!"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 10:46 PM
AOO from you mounting your horse, (When you five foot step, you have to specify that you 5' step, you didn't specifically state it.):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

My round: [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

((What allows you to take 2 move actions in a round? Mounting is one, moving is one. So you haven't moved yet.))

horse is a seperate entity, having ts own actions, move being one of them

also, get this fight done so i can kill off/poison/memory spell/whatever i want really, the winner, overly tempermental characters, while interesting in novels, only result in broken parties and boring pvp deathmatches.

honor is great so long as you arent a nazi about it

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 10:54 PM
excellent, would you like to, for some reason, forget the last 5 minutes IC?

you would know why, but you'll have forgotten

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-06, 11:05 PM
Aerus stood wondering why he had just daydreamed about a samurai, horse, and halfling fighting, refocusing to the problem at hand,"We should kill the ghost and be done with it, it appears to have killed people and so is an evil creature."

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 11:05 PM
Also, new posting rules, check ooc thread

Ralasha
2013-02-06, 11:06 PM
"Yes, and if others attack you, and you kill them, we should then call the paladins yes?"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-06, 11:09 PM
also, by forget the last 5 minutes happened, i mean they didnt happen. none of you remember anything regarding the fight or the context it was in. you just wake up a few minutes after your fight not remembering any of it.

-Jynx-
2013-02-06, 11:10 PM
Tensu snorts for a moment "A fair point, but I've not known haunting ghosts to be very reasonable." Tensu said staring at the panicked gravedigger "Have you a map of the insides?"

MHerbert
2013-02-06, 11:12 PM
"In relation to the nature of the ghosts soul i am able to craft an infusion which will grant the drinker the ability to scry its soul for evil intent or cause.
Also vanquishing a spirit can't be as simple as merely destroying its etheric body?"

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-07, 12:36 AM
Aerus straights up, returning his axe to his back."Ok we shall go see what we can do about the ghost, we shall try something non-violent if we can. But I warn the little miss here, if any of our company are assaulted then the ghost loses its chance at non-violence, and it will be put down. Now where is this spirit young gravedigger?"

Ralasha
2013-02-07, 01:02 AM
The Giantling nods in understanding.. "In that case, I would very much like to enter on my own first. Though I do suggest we see if the church around here can hire out a cleric. We may need it, and I intend to have protection if the ghost is malignant."

Brass Dragon
2013-02-07, 02:26 AM
Aerus straights up, returning his axe to his back."Ok we shall go see what we can do about the ghost, we shall try something non-violent if we can. But I warn the little miss here, if any of our company are assaulted then the ghost loses its chance at non-violence, and it will be put down. Now where is this spirit young gravedigger?"

Felix points out the direction of the great tomb.

yall have a cleric, of a certain sock, if i recall

Brass Dragon
2013-02-07, 02:30 AM
as you prepare to leave in that direction, Harken, the guildmaster stops one of you

"if the ghost is truly free, he will have to be sealed before daybreak or his wrath will reach us all, so hurry, and take no time for rest."

in game its about twilight

Ralasha
2013-02-07, 03:47 AM
(It's tomorrow now.)
"I believe that haste leads many times to mistakes. I at least, shall not be rushing forth. I shall do my best, but I will not hurry."

Rendel Nep
2013-02-07, 03:50 AM
OK, Well let's do things fast. Anyone want to brief the rest of us the particulars about ghosts and I guess spirits so the uneducated don't you know, die or make things worse? Ordal calls out.

razorback
2013-02-07, 08:12 AM
The decrepit old man leans on his bow.
"Nasty business are ghosts. Definitely not something to taking up against lightly."

Kn:Religion
[roll0]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-07, 11:45 AM
The decrepit old man leans on his bow.
"Nasty business are ghosts. Definitely not something to taking up against lightly."

Kn:Religion
[roll0]

your roll yields from the description that the ghost was likely a wraith

-Jynx-
2013-02-07, 12:21 PM
Tensu steps forward resting a hand on the hilt of his sword "Perhaps we should split into a strike team and a sweep team" Tensu said shifting his eyes "Strike team will mount an assault now to stall or destroy said ghost while the sweep team uses their bough time to make their preparations to assist the strike team should it fail or otherwise be unable to halt the ghost." As much as I'd like to just kill it, we at least need to buy time before it gets to the streets... Tensu thought for a moment staring into the distance.

Ralasha
2013-02-07, 05:49 PM
"I'm afraid that splitting up may not be the wisest course of action, but if that is your wish you may continue to stand around talking about it." The Giantling begins making her way to the tomb.

MHerbert
2013-02-07, 06:18 PM
"Cora, wait a minute!" Lorenz calls, rushing to catch up with the Giantling. "I don't know if I can damage a ghost or wraith, or whatever this thing is with explosions and acid. I'll get what holy water I can from the church, but in the meantime, take this."

Lorenz hands her a small vial containing his Infusion of "Cure Moderate Wounds (CL 5)".

"This is the strongest healing infusion I have right now. Stay alive, and i'll catch up as fast as I can to help. Hopefully you won't need it though."

Lorenz turns about and runs towards the local Church, intent on finding if they have any Holy Water stored, or if they can prepare any within a very short time frame. If available he will purchase up to 6 lbs. or 6 Flasks and is prepared to pay price of production, 150gp or a little more if unavailable.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-07, 06:32 PM
"Cora, wait a minute!" Lorenz calls, rushing to catch up with the Giantling. "I don't know if I can damage a ghost or wraith, or whatever this thing is with explosions and acid. I'll get what holy water I can from the church, but in the meantime, take this."

Lorenz hands her a small vial containing his Infusion of "Cure Moderate Wounds (CL 5)".

"This is the strongest healing infusion I have right now. Stay alive, and i'll catch up as fast as I can to help. Hopefully you won't need it though."

Lorenz turns about and runs towards the local Church, intent on finding if they have any Holy Water stored, or if they can prepare any within a very short time frame. If available he will purchase up to 6 lbs. or 6 Flasks and is prepared to pay price of production, 150gp or a little more if unavailable.

ya, they sell holy water at the church, in fact they have a huge stockpile, it being a grave town and all

oyzar
2013-02-07, 07:00 PM
Cyzra joins in the discussion of what to do. "Knowing what kind of monster we are dealing with would be nice. Have anyone heard of such a monster before? As for damaging it, I am sure magic can at least do some harm to it. Maybe it is best to head to the church first after all to hear if they know anything about it. At any rate I don't think we should hurry off before we have a plan. We do not know what kind of special attacks it might have."

Rendel Nep
2013-02-07, 09:10 PM
Magic huh? I think one of my masters at my school said I got magic hands. Has something to do with the ki energies. Heh, "Dear ma, today I punched a ghost in the nose...'. Ain't that good to know. I guess I can help after all.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-07, 11:49 PM
"Well if the lady here is going then I feel I must as well, as a Gentleman I can't let a lady go to danger alone, even if she is rather disagreeable." Aerus follows Cora, once again readying his axe.

razorback
2013-02-07, 11:58 PM
" Well, there is a temple of Wee Jas but I don't think they might be totally sympathetic to our plight. I've done quite a bit of traveling in my time and it sure sounds like a wraith to me. Nasty buggers to be sure. Not sure if the kicking in the door is the best way to approach this. Hey, goblin boy, does your god have any magic that might work on it?" says the old man as he leans on his bow.

-Jynx-
2013-02-08, 12:56 AM
Tensu grins smugly and follows the adventurers toward the tomb "Looks like we've got ourselves a party" he said gripping his sword, a noticeable amount of adrenaline running through him. Tensu turns his head toward the old man "Elder, you said you believe it to be a Wight ya? What do you know about them?"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-08, 02:30 AM
Tensu grins smugly and follows the adventurers toward the tomb "Looks like we've got ourselves a party" he said gripping his sword, a noticeable amount of adrenaline running through him. Tensu turns his head toward the old man "Elder, you said you believe it to be a Wight ya? What do you know about them?"

with his roll, he knows the basic bestiary description/lore, and 1 stat. ill let him choose whether to disclose that

razorback
2013-02-08, 09:19 AM
"Well, youngling, wraiths be the souls of the dead brought back by evil magic. They hate the living and have the power to drain your life away with a touch. My only experience with them has taught me that only the power of the gods have dominion over these fell creatures, but they do fear the sun and it's warming glow."

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-08, 12:35 PM
Q joins teh crowd (i think?).

"Where is this thing you people say you have problems with?"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-08, 12:40 PM
"its a ghost sealed long ago, the seal must have broken, but it can't leave until dawn, so go and reseal it" a villiager says

oyzar
2013-02-08, 06:56 PM
"Well sounds like we are better off speaking to the priests first about more of how these wraiths behave and specifically how to harm them. That is unless someone have the ability to produce sunlight, as this old man here says. No matter what we decide to do, I do think it is better that we stick together rather than some running of to the church and some going to fight this wraith. Our chances of success will increase greatly if we all go together. It is not such a great detour to go there. We can talk as we walk, the church and the chamber should be in the same direction from here." Cyzra starts moving towards the church.

MHerbert
2013-02-08, 09:11 PM
Carrying all the Holy water he expects to need for a singular spirit, Lorenz rushes out of the church. Pulling Alchemical instruments out of his bag he quickly prepares a level 1 extract "Shield". After his quick pause he rushes after the rest of the group, quickly catching up with Cora and all those following her to the tomb.
"Right, i've got about 6lbs of Holy Water here. That should be enough to some damage to that spirit. Also, another extract, creates a force shield, should work on intangible spirits as well as everything else."

Ralasha
2013-02-08, 09:31 PM
Cora turns and follows Cyzra.

Not a Paladin
2013-02-08, 09:44 PM
Figures it had to be something I haven't prepared for in advance. Oh well. Better take steps to fix that then. June heads toward the church with Cyzra.

Rendel Nep
2013-02-08, 10:39 PM
Ovdal nods in agreement and follows the others. Whiskey, anyone? he offers, tankard in hand.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-08, 11:02 PM
Aerus remains quiet as he walks, getting ready for the Wraith to attack as the group approaches the crypt.

-Jynx-
2013-02-08, 11:34 PM
Tensu turns and he looks to the tankard in the dwarfs hand "Ah how could I refuse? Thank you my good sir" Tensu said taking a drink and passing it back to the dwarf "My name is Tensu" he said extending a hand.

Rendel Nep
2013-02-09, 03:34 AM
Ovdal Balderk, I'm new to these parts. Some people don't have the decency to not tamper with your drinks and that's why I woke up here. he replies and returns the gesture.

Ralasha
2013-02-09, 03:39 AM
The Giantling grunts, sounding very dwarven, and slightly disapproving. "Whiskey?" She shakes her head. "Ale or wine are better, though, suspecting there's no good stout to be had, I'll stick with my wine."

She catches the Alchy coming from the temple. "Back inside! We need to get some information, and see about hiring a Cleric or two. Almost wish I'd taken up my books or the hammer. Be more useful then."

razorback
2013-02-09, 10:25 AM
Lerrin grins for a moment as, on one turn, someone says that they should stick together, and on the other some go back to the tavern for a drink.
"Young ones, always thinking they have the answers..."

Lerrin joins the group going to the church of Wee Jas as his bow disappears into his pack and his walking stick appears.

-Jynx-
2013-02-09, 06:23 PM
Tensu quickens his pace to catch up with Aerus. "Looks like it might just be you and me for now... like old times ya?" Tensu said nudging Aerus's shoulder "I'm not sure what to make of most of them anyway kind of an odd group" Tensu said glancing at the other adventurers over his shoulder.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-09, 07:52 PM
Aerus taps his hand against Tensu's weapon, "This thing Enchanted? If not it's probably a good idea to wait for the others as much as i'm loath to to admit. Cause if it isn't i'll be the only one able to harm the spirit."

-Jynx-
2013-02-09, 08:28 PM
Tensu sighs dejectedly "It is not, but you're not going down there without backup. With any luck I wont be useless. Never fought a gho-er... 'wraith' before but there's gotta be another way to kill it. The grave digger said we had to strengthen the seal ya?" Tensu smirked "Maybe I can get that back up before you use up one of your nine lives." at the very least I make a better distraction and a harder target... Tensu thought to himself

Ralasha
2013-02-09, 08:33 PM
"Oh! Interesting Idea! Do we have any mages among us? Yes? Good! We need to buy a few scrolls from the temple!" Cora steps inside, heads to the altar and after paying hger respects to the Goddess of Death, asks the priests about the cost of scrolls and anointing oils of Magic Weapon, Bless Weapon and Holy Weapon.

Each separately.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-09, 11:05 PM
"Oh! Interesting Idea! Do we have any mages among us? Yes? Good! We need to buy a few scrolls from the temple!" Cora steps inside, heads to the altar and after paying hger respects to the Goddess of Death, asks the priests about the cost of scrolls and anointing oils of Magic Weapon, Bless Weapon and Holy Weapon.

Each separately.

Given a few hours they can make you them

Ralasha
2013-02-09, 11:42 PM
Cora glances back to the group. "Who wants anointing oils of magic weapon? I believe potions are generally cheaper than scrolls, yes?" If so she will request 2 anointing oils of magic weapon, and 2 of blessed weapon, assuming that since they did not tell her the prices they are obviously giving them for free.

She offers her oath to put the restless to rest either through supplication or force. Though obviously she would prefer supplication.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-09, 11:49 PM
Cora glances back to the group. "Who wants anointing oils of magic weapon? I believe potions are generally cheaper than scrolls, yes?" If so she will request 2 anointing oils of magic weapon, and 2 of blessed weapon, assuming that since they did not tell her the prices they are obviously giving them for free.

She offers her oath to put the restless to rest either through supplication or force. Though obviously she would prefer supplication.

they're rather doubtful of your success so they offer you a deposit at market value. if you return, you get your money back for it.

Ralasha
2013-02-09, 11:54 PM
She accepts their offer, and asks that should she die in this task the money be used for training clerics that might better serve the purpose in the future. Though it may not be much, it is better than nothing, and there is little else that she can do. She supplies them with one bottle of each of her rare wines, and her portable smithy as collateral, with an additional offer to take time out to make for them weapons when she returns.

24pp
21gp

oyzar
2013-02-10, 09:22 AM
Arriving at the temple Cyzra looks around studying the unfamiliar enviroment. Hmm what do I see here I wonder?. She walks up to a priest and asks: "We are interested in helping with exterminating a wraith that is apparently plaguing the tomb here, but we would like to know more about such creatures. Do you happen to have any knowledge about wraiths available to you? What are the creatures vunurable to? How do you best fight them?

[roll0]Percetion: What does the church/interior look like?
Diplomacy, taking 10 to ask questions: 29

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 03:04 PM
As requested, here's some description of how things look

Church: A great stone church with the emblem of Wee Jas upon its brow, 3 priests tend to it and are largely responsible for the town's burial rites

Graveyard: Upon approaching the main graveyard, you find that the scared gravekeeper either had enough sense to re-lock the gate behind him, or the gate closes and locks itself. your way is barred

Tavern: much less interesting since the circus left.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 03:05 PM
Arriving at the temple Cyzra looks around studying the unfamiliar enviroment. Hmm what do I see here I wonder?. She walks up to a priest and asks: "We are interested in helping with exterminating a wraith that is apparently plaguing the tomb here, but we would like to know more about such creatures. Do you happen to have any knowledge about wraiths available to you? What are the creatures vunurable to? How do you best fight them?

[roll0]Percetion: What does the church/interior look like?
Diplomacy, taking 10 to ask questions: 29

for your questions, they propose basic anti-wraith methods, sunlight, holy magic, ghost touch weapons, force attacks. they do, however warn you that if any of you are struck down, you will have twice the troubles ahead.

-Jynx-
2013-02-10, 03:52 PM
Tensu stands at the barred gate looking at Aerus "Shall we break in?" he said planting his feet before twisting his weight and kicking at the door.

Strength check to kick down door :P
[roll0]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 04:04 PM
Tensu stands at the barred gate looking at Aerus "Shall we break in?" he said planting his feet before twisting his weight and kicking at the door.

Strength check to kick down door :P
[roll0]

if the gate was intelligent, it would laugh, joking aside, you have a sore foot.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-10, 04:41 PM
if the gate was intelligent, it would laugh, joking aside, you have a sore foot.

Im following them, I can proboally kill it myself, So If they had been heading to the graveyard, i would be as well.

Laughing, At the poor Samuarai, Q Fires his Scorching Ray, At the door.

[roll0]
10, Is that enough to destory the door?
If not, It should be burning now.:smallcool:

MHerbert
2013-02-10, 04:50 PM
Already equipped with all of the Anti-phantasm items that he needs, Lorenz leaves the chapel with all other finished parties. Reaching the entrance to the graveyard he inspects the gate.

If it was destroyed by the heat ray, great.
If not, he's going to try and pick the lock, that is, if the heat remaining in what he assumes is metal, isn't so great that it would damage his tools, (don't expect it can hurt him with Fire Resistance 5).

Bit embarrassing, but if the lock is more then 3 feet above the ground he'll need a boost to reach it.

In the event that someone gives him a boost up to the lock:
Disable Device
First check's as normal [roll0]
If fails, takes 10 for 23
If fails, he then takes 20 for 33.
If that fails he curses loudly and pulls 1 container of acid out of his bag, and gets ready to melt the lock off, or if that would be too hard, the hinges of the gate if it isn't an integral part of the gate.

Ralasha
2013-02-10, 05:49 PM
The halfling puts her new supplies in the pockets of her haversack.

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-10, 06:51 PM
Aerus Waits to see the result of the lockpicking, if it succeeds he pats Lorenz on the Back "Great job, anybody discover anything important about Wraiths? If not let's go, If you did we can discuss it on the way."

If Lorenz Fails "Better luck next time chap." and then he tries to kick down the door .

Str check:
[roll0]

oyzar
2013-02-10, 06:55 PM
Cyzra follows the others over to the tomb then hides in the shadows ready to sneak in once the door is open.

Taking 10 on Stealth for 22

Ralasha
2013-02-10, 07:29 PM
The Giantling waits until they reach the exterior of the tomb, and asks everyone to wait as she applies her anointing oils to her swords in preparation.

Rendel Nep
2013-02-10, 07:32 PM
Ovdal has been following the group that went to the temple and is more or less ready to confront their foe.

MHerbert
2013-02-10, 07:40 PM
Before they enter the Tomb, Lorenz readies his buckler, while reminding Cora she has his Shield Infusion (which should be effective against ghosts).
He then sculls his hip-flask and readies his Reduce Person vial for the first sign of combat.
(Modified stats are on character sheet, but basically as he's now small going tiny he has AC 23 and hits touch AC with a +10 bonus)

Ralasha
2013-02-10, 07:41 PM
The Giantling leaves her little buckler unequipped. "How long will it last?"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 07:54 PM
give me just a sec, waiting for something

MHerbert
2013-02-10, 08:01 PM
"About 5 minutes or so."
Lorenz grimaces as the Mutagen stretches and modifies his joints and reflexes.
"Another reminder that you have my Infusion of Cure Moderate Wounds, ah, and here's one of Bull's Strength, same time frame, and on the house."

Not a Paladin
2013-02-10, 08:45 PM
June enters the church and speaks with the first priest she sees who isn't busy. "Excuse me. I'd like to buy some consecrated water to help deal with the ghost that's been causing trouble here." She then proceeds to purchase a significant amount of holy water before returning to join the group gathering at the tomb.

Buying 4 flasks of holy water at the market price of 25 GP per flask.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 09:46 PM
the door sways a bit from your attempts to kick it in and finally opens just a crack...

outwards

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-10, 09:59 PM
the door sways a bit from your attempts to kick it in and finally opens just a crack...

outwards

So it comepletely Ignored my Heat Ray, Just great.

Mage hand to open it.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-10, 10:29 PM
So it comepletely Ignored my Heat Ray, Just great.

Mage hand to open it.

sorry, i didnt ignore it, just didnt kill it, the gate was very hot but not molten

and ya, the mage hand opens it the rest of the way towards you

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-10, 10:33 PM
Aerus looks as his kick opened the door, and then starts to scratch his head "Hmmm... Ok let's get on with this." Aerus begins walking to where te Wraith was spotted.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-10, 10:36 PM
Aerus looks as his kick opened the door, and then starts to scratch his head "Hmmm... Ok let's get on with this." Aerus begins walking to where te Wraith was spotted.

Q Is following him, Albit Flying above.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-11, 12:36 AM
The steppe is unnaturally quiet—even the
normal chirping noises of night insects are absent.
Suddenly a grinding noise—the sound of stone
against stone—breaks the silence. Four statues of
weeping mourners have begun to move!

Everyone roll a d100 to determine who rolls the official initiative.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-11, 12:46 AM

Do I have to?
[roll0]

MHerbert
2013-02-11, 12:55 AM

[roll0]

Initiative roll if its me
[roll1]

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-11, 12:59 AM
[roll0]
Possible Initiative:
[roll1]

oyzar
2013-02-11, 01:19 AM
[roll0]
[roll1] Initiative

Cyrza gets out a small wand the length of her hand and uses to create a shield of force shimmering near her right before the door opens.

Rendel Nep
2013-02-11, 05:26 AM
[roll0]
Selected Initiative
[roll1]

razorback
2013-02-11, 07:38 AM
[roll0]

[roll1]

-Jynx-
2013-02-11, 08:24 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ralasha
2013-02-11, 08:44 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
The Giantling applies her anointing oils and drinks her bulls strength and shield potions, and equips her buckler before they enter.

As she steps through the doorway the giantling lifts a sword over her head and says in Dwarven: "For the honor of the ancestors!"

Brass Dragon
2013-02-11, 11:39 AM
im bad at counting, anyone not roll?

Not a Paladin
2013-02-11, 02:25 PM
When June hears the statues move, she approaches the doorway and enters, drawing her sword as she does.

[roll0]

Possible initiative: [roll1]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 01:04 AM
OK, you guys won initiative, there are 4 weeping statues, we will call them from left to right: statue 1, statue 2, statue 3, and statue 4 (bob)

Ralasha
2013-02-12, 01:06 AM
The halfling rushes through the room in a mad dash to reach the other side!

Eat my 27 AC!

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-12, 01:28 AM

Eat my 27 AC!

...Eat mah MAGE HAND!

Anywho, Actions:
Standered Action:
Scorching Ray, once more.
[roll0]
Please roll good.
Move Action: fly as high as he can go.

Free Action: mage hand, to exert 5 Pounds of force on her foot, right before she would take a 2nd step, which i assume is enough for her to trip...:smallbiggrin:

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 01:31 AM

Eat my 27 AC!

by the way, it isnt a room, you seem to not have understood what i meant by gate and fence. generally that means you are outside. so you go where exactly?

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 01:33 AM
...Eat mah MAGE HAND!

Anywho, Actions:
Standered Action:
Scorching Ray, once more.
[roll0]
Please roll good.
Move Action: fly as high as he can go.

Free Action: mage hand, to exert 5 Pounds of force on her foot, right before she would take a 2nd step, which i assume is enough for her to trip...:smallbiggrin:

i need an attack roll from you for your scorching ray

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-12, 01:41 AM
i need an attack roll from you for your scorching ray

Oops.
[roll0]

And I can most certainly assume I miss. :smallfrown:

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-12, 01:47 AM
Aerus swings his Axe at Statue 1.

Attack:
[roll0]
Crit Confirm:
[roll1]
Damage (axe):
[roll2]
Damage (Frost):
[roll3]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 01:49 AM
Oops.
[roll0]

And I can most certainly assume I miss. :smallfrown:

that you do

NEXT!!

also, still need a real action from you, ral

MHerbert
2013-02-12, 01:51 AM
Lorenz, having drunk his Potion of Decrease Person as soon as the door opened.

Move Action:
Move away from the animated statues, while retaining line of sight, 40ft. away.

Standard Action:
Throw an Alchemical Bomb at whichever of the statues will hit the most with splash damage (5ft.)
Ranged Touch attack [roll0]
If hits deals [roll1] to primary target.
And 8 Damage to splash targets, for whom Reflex DC 18 halves damage.
All damage is fire damage, and the attack itself is a supernatural ability.

Precise Bombs let up to 5 friendly characters melee'ing them avoid splash damage if I hit the target (also precise shot means no -4 for shooting into combat).

oyzar
2013-02-12, 02:32 AM
Cyzra moves up and casts a cone of flame hitting as many of the statues as possible.

Save vs reflex for half, DC 17.
[roll0]First statue
[roll1]Potential second statue
[roll2]Potential third statue
[roll3]Potential fourth statue
[roll4]Cora or Aerus if it is not possible to avoid them.

Rendel Nep
2013-02-12, 02:42 AM
Ovdal runs towards his opponent Statue 4, opening with a solid punch that make anyone else wince in sympathy with the anticipation of hearing knuckles break.

Charging assuming ovdal has a clear path.
Attack[roll0] (+2 if charging) Damage [roll1] Acid Damage [roll2]
Crit confirm[roll3]

edit: and possibly Ovdal too, oyzar

Ralasha
2013-02-12, 05:11 AM
In this case, Cora will guard the spellcasters. Which means she stays in their vicinity in case enemies should get close.

razorback
2013-02-12, 08:28 AM
Lerrin laughs for a moment as he shakes his head.
"Protect them, blessed one, for their foolishness in just earnestness."

With that, Lerrin, trains his bow on the third statue and fires.

Lerrin
AC ~17; Current ~ 17
HP ~ 32; Current ~32

Free action

Move action

Full round action
Attack statue 3 with 2 shots
-Attack 1[roll0]+1 if within 30'
-Attack 2[roll1]+1 if within 30'

Crit conf
-Attack 1[roll2]+1 if within 30'
-Attack 2[roll3]+1 if within 30'

Damage
-Attack 1[roll4]+1 if within 30'
-Attack 2[roll5]+1 if within 30'

Effects~

-Jynx-
2013-02-12, 11:52 AM
Tensu moves up to statue one, katana in hand and takes a swing.
Attack
[roll0]
Crit Confirm
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Ralasha
2013-02-12, 12:06 PM
The halfling drops a sword in her bag, and begins helping fight statue one by throwing rocks! (There should be rocks on the ground.)

Attack! [roll0] 23*
Damage! [roll1]
Throwing into melee! [roll2]

Damn, I hit the statue. :smallbiggrin:

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 01:40 PM
Aerus swings his Axe at Statue 1.

Attack:
[roll0]
Crit Confirm:
[roll1]
Damage (axe):
[roll2]
Damage (Frost):
[roll3]

hits the statue

Lorenz, having drunk his Potion of Decrease Person as soon as the door opened.

Move Action:
Move away from the animated statues, while retaining line of sight, 40ft. away.

Standard Action:
Throw an Alchemical Bomb at whichever of the statues will hit the most with splash damage (5ft.)
Ranged Touch attack [roll0]
If hits deals [roll1] to primary target.
And 8 Damage to splash targets, for whom Reflex DC 18 halves damage.
All damage is fire damage, and the attack itself is a supernatural ability.

Precise Bombs let up to 5 friendly characters melee'ing them avoid splash damage if I hit the target (also precise shot means no -4 for shooting into combat).

hits 1 statue, number 1, i believe you would aim for, they are rather spread out, it shows signs of damage

Cyzra moves up and casts a cone of flame hitting as many of the statues as possible.

Save vs reflex for half, DC 17.
[roll0]First statue
[roll1]Potential second statue
[roll2]Potential third statue
[roll3]Potential fourth statue
[roll4]Cora or Aerus if it is not possible to avoid them.

assuming you go for 3 and 4 to avoid hitting your melee, it has no effect

Ovdal runs towards his opponent Statue 4, opening with a solid punch that make anyone else wince in sympathy with the anticipation of hearing knuckles break.

Charging assuming ovdal has a clear path.
Attack[roll0] (+2 if charging) Damage [roll1] Acid Damage [roll2]
Crit confirm[roll3]

edit: and possibly Ovdal too, oyzar

you hit it and feel a satisfying crunch of stone, though your hand is a bit sore.

Lerrin laughs for a moment as he shakes his head.
"Protect them, blessed one, for their foolishness in just earnestness."

With that, Lerrin, trains his bow on the third statue and fires.

Lerrin
AC ~17; Current ~ 17
HP ~ 32; Current ~32

Free action

Move action

Full round action
-Attack 1[roll0]+1 if within 30'
-Attack 2[roll1]+1 if within 30'

Crit conf
-Attack 1[roll2]+1 if within 30'
-Attack 2[roll3]+1 if within 30'

Damage
-Attack 1[roll4]+1 if within 30'
-Attack 2[roll5]+1 if within 30'

Effects~

Miss and miss

The halfling drops a sword in her bag, and begins helping fight statue one by throwing rocks! (There should be rocks on the ground.)

Attack! [roll0] 23*
Damage! [roll1]
Throwing into melee! [roll2]

Damn, I hit the statue. :smallbiggrin:

you chip off a finger or something

Ralasha
2013-02-12, 01:42 PM
Most people include a crit confirm roll in the initial post, since it's easier than making a second post, when you can just do it the first time.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 01:49 PM
Most people include a crit confirm roll in the initial post, since it's easier than making a second post, when you can just do it the first time.

noticed that and fixed it, the what happened post is above

also, has everyone gone, to your knowledge?

Not a Paladin
2013-02-12, 03:49 PM
June approaches statue 1 and stabs at it.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Threat roll if necessary: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 05:18 PM
June approaches statue 1 and stabs at it.

Threat roll if necessary: [roll1]

tink

ok their turn

4 90 ft aoe (yes, that hits you, fairy/lizard thing)screams comin' your way, fort save for the second damage set(1d6, rather than 2d6) if you dont make your save you are deafened for the amount of time listed, yes the deafness is cumulative with each other.

Fort save: 18

[roll0] if you make save, [roll1] damage and [roll2] hours of deafness
[roll3] if you make save, [roll4] damage and [roll5] hours of deafness
[roll6] if you make save, [roll7] damage and [roll8] hours of deafness
[roll9] if you make save, [roll10] damage and [roll11] hours of deafness

MHerbert
2013-02-12, 05:27 PM
Lorenz swears loudly at the noise

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

HP: 20/36
6 Hours of Deafness

-Jynx-
2013-02-12, 05:28 PM
Fort savez for Tensu:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

HP: 16/45
+5 Hours of deafness

oyzar
2013-02-12, 05:32 PM
Is the effect magical? Cyzra got 11 spell resistance.

[roll0] Fort save
[roll1] Fort save <-- negated by spell resistance
[roll2] Fort save
[roll3] Fort save

Cyzra is now at 15/33 HP and 4 hours of deafness.

Edit: Cyzra gets another +2 vs spells, but she still falls all her saves XD.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 05:35 PM
Is the effect magical? Cyzra got 11 spell resistance.

[roll0] Fort save
[roll1] Fort save
[roll2] Fort save
[roll3] Fort save

Assuming it is not magical Cyzra is now at 8/33 HP and 7 hours of deafness.

[roll0] [roll1][roll2][roll3], those are the spell resistance rolls

Rendel Nep
2013-02-12, 05:58 PM
Fortitude saves (subtract 2 if these aren't spell like abilities)
1) [roll0]
2) [roll1]
3) [roll2]
4) [roll3]

16 damage and 6 hours of WHAT? ALL I HEAR IS THIS RINGING IN MY EAR! 24/41 hp

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 06:16 PM
also, ooc, dont worry, that was just the opening barrage, rest of everything will be less wipey.

Ralasha
2013-02-12, 06:20 PM
also, ooc, dont worry, that was just the opening barrage, rest of everything will be less wipey.

It's the fact that 'this is just the opening barrage' that has me worried.

1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3: [roll2]
4: [roll3]

Remaining. 27 HP. Move action: drink a freakin potion!

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 07:25 PM
It's the fact that 'this is just the opening barrage' that has me worried.

oh please, you should see what i nerfed them from, this action used to be a free action that happened every round for 1d6 rounds after the start

Brass Dragon
2013-02-12, 07:26 PM
The sound of hooves are heard charging down the road, along with a slight green glow.
No wait, it's a unicorn wearing a cloak and his horn is glowing green.

Anyways as the unicorn comes into the fray you can see that a warhammer and a spiked shield are covered in the green glow as well as they hover near him.
He runs around the back of the statues and brings his hammer to bear on the back of the closest one with a flourish of his horn.

Move Action: Move 30 feet and Flank Statue 4 with whoever's on the other side.

Standard Action: Attack Statue 4 with the +1 Silver Warhammer for great justice.
Attack Roll: [ roll]1d20+10[/roll] (Crit Confirm: [ roll]1d20+10[/roll])
• +4 BAB + 3 INT bonus +1 Magic +2 Flanking = +10
Damage Roll: [ roll]1d8+4[/roll] + [ roll]1d6[/roll]
• 1d8 + 3 INT +1 Magic + 1d6 Precision Damage (Precise Strike)

make your fort saves, if you would, wait it got deleted, bah

ChrisClark13
2013-02-12, 07:31 PM
The sound of hooves are heard charging down the road, along with a slight green glow.
No wait, it's a unicorn wearing a cloak and his horn is glowing green.

Anyways as the unicorn comes into the fray he takes the statues' screams with hardly a complaint. You can see that a warhammer and a spiked shield are covered in the green glow as well as they hover near him.
He runs around the back of the statues and brings his hammer to bear on the back of the closest one with a flourish of his horn.

Last Round
Full Action: Run 120 feet to get into the fight!
Fort Saves
[roll0] Success
[roll1] Fail
[roll2] Fail
[roll3] Fail

21/39 HP and 6 hours of deafness. ow

This Round:
Move Action: Move 30 feet and Flank Statue 4 with whoever's on the other side.

Standard Action: Attack Statue 4 with the +1 Silver Warhammer for great justice.
Attack Roll: [roll4] (Crit Confirm: [roll5])
• +4 BAB + 3 INT bonus +1 Magic +2 Flanking = +10
Damage Roll: [roll6] + [roll7]
• 1d8 + 3 INT +1 Magic + 1d6 Precision Damage (Precise Strike)

Rendel Nep
2013-02-12, 09:43 PM
Not that anyone can hear him, Ovdal remarks K, that must've messed me up real bad, because Unicorns dun wear cloaks. He then opens up with a barrage of kicks, punches, slams and even a head butt.

Full round attack (Flurry of blows with power attack and flanking), spending a ki point for another attack. 5/6 ki
1st attack [roll0] [roll1] Acid damage[roll2]
2nd attack [roll3] [roll4] Acid damage[roll5]
3rd attack [roll6] [roll7] Acid damage[roll8]
Crit confirms 1-3
[roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-13, 12:29 AM
Not that anyone can hear him, Ovdal remarks K, that must've messed me up real bad, because Unicorns dun wear cloaks. He then opens up with a barrage of kicks, punches, slams and even a head butt.

Full round attack (Flurry of blows with power attack and flanking), spending a ki point for another attack. 5/6 ki
1st attack [roll0] [roll1] Acid damage[roll2]
2nd attack [roll3] [roll4] Acid damage[roll5]
3rd attack [roll6] [roll7] Acid damage[roll8]
Crit confirms 1-3
[roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

*crack* the statue loses an arm

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-13, 12:32 AM
Aerus attacks again, wondering why everyone was yelling "Please be quiet good fellows, we are in the middle of a fight." Then he hear the hoves from behind, he looks back, sees a unicorn, and calmly turns back around pretending he saw nothing.

Fort Saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

If it's our turn (Attacking statue 1):

Attack:
[roll4]
Crit:
[roll5]
Damage:
[roll6]
Ice Damage:
[roll7]

MHerbert
2013-02-13, 01:27 AM
Current HP: 20
Current Statuses:
Deaf as a doornail (6 hours)

Unable to hear anything, Lorenz curses under his breath as he prepares to unleash even more Alchemical Explosions.

Move Action:
Move to get a better angle while keeping melee fighters between himself and the statues.

Standard Actions:
Bombs away! Targeting the same statue as before.
[roll0]
Against Touch AC

Damage:
[roll1]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-13, 02:18 AM
Current HP: 20
Current Statuses:
Deaf as a doornail (6 hours)

Unable to hear anything, Lorenz curses under his breath as he prepares to unleash even more Alchemical Explosions.

Move Action:
Move to get a better angle while keeping melee fighters between himself and the statues.

Standard Actions:
Bombs away! Targeting the same statue as before.
[roll0]
Against Touch AC

Damage:
[roll1]

statue one, *poof* in a wondrous conflagration

oyzar
2013-02-13, 02:57 AM
Cyzra moves around to flank the statue that just lost its arm to Ovdal and attacks it from the other side. We should take down the weakened ones first, that way there are less to fight back. These creatures sure pack a punch so we have to finish this quickly.. She does not notice the charging unicorn as she is too intent on the fight and she cerainly does not hear it as she is deaf at the moment. As she moves she draws her Wakizashi and when she gets behind it she slashes at it. She is surprised to find she is standing next to a unicorn. Wow someone got quite powerful magic, summoning an unicorn.

[roll0]To hit
[roll1]Critical confirm if above attack is 28-30
[roll2] damage
[roll3] backstab damage assuming the creatures are not immune to such as well

Oups i really should learn to read.. The unicorn is even attacking the same statue(though the results for his roll are not posted)

Ralasha
2013-02-13, 05:15 AM
The halfling yells, apparently unaware that she is being so loud. "What? I can't hear anything!"
She moves up to assist the Drow, holding one of her swords in both hands.

Attack: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]

razorback
2013-02-13, 08:03 AM
Fortitude save
[roll0]

Lerrin reels from the blast as he leans back and stabilizes himself. Righting himself with a grim expression, the old man stands and fires again with his bow.

Lerrin
AC ~17; Current ~ 17
HP ~ 32; Current ~4!

Free action

Move action

Full round action
-Attack 1 [roll1] +1 if within 30'
-Attack 2 ([roll2] +1 if within 30'

Crit conf
-Attack 1 [roll3] +1 if within 30'
-Attack 2 ([roll4] +1 if within 30'

Damage
-Attack 1 [roll5] +1 if within 30'
-Attack 2 [roll6] +1 if within 30'

Effects~
Deaf 2 hours

-Jynx-
2013-02-13, 08:17 AM
Tensu's head is filled with a loud buzzing sound.Damn... This is no good. Sparring a moment to glance at the unicorn and who may or may not be cringing in pain from the screams.

Tensu moves up to statue 4 and takes a swing (If there are too many people for me to attack#4 then he goes for #2)

Attack
[roll0]
Crit
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Not a Paladin
2013-02-13, 08:23 AM
I'm assuming you want to use the same rolls against my spell resistance that you did against Cyzra's? (June's spell resistance is also 11.) Either way here's my saves.

Fortitude save 1: [roll0]
Save 2: [roll1]
Save 3: [roll2]
Save 4: [roll3]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-13, 12:44 PM
Fortitude save
[roll0]

Lerrin reels from the blast as he leans back and stabilizes himself. Righting himself with a grim expression, the old man stands and fires again with his bow.

Lerrin
AC ~17; Current ~ 17
HP ~ 32; Current ~32

Free action

Move action

Full round action

Crit conf

Damage

Effects~

still need 3 saves

Brass Dragon
2013-02-13, 12:45 PM
Tensu's head is filled with a loud buzzing sound.Damn... This is no good. Sparring a moment to glance at the unicorn and who may or may not be cringing in pain from the screams.

Tensu moves up to statue 4 and takes a swing (If there are too many people for me to attack#4 then he goes for #2)

Attack
[roll0]
Crit
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

statue #4 (bob) crumbles to the ground

razorback
2013-02-13, 04:05 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Brass Dragon
2013-02-13, 10:25 PM
Fortitude save
[roll0]

Lerrin
AC ~17; Current ~ 17
HP ~ 32; Current ~32

Free action

Move action

Full round action

Crit conf

Damage

Effects~

by the way, miss and miss again, not rolling so well off the start, my condolences.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-14, 12:36 AM
Saves:
Three, Correct?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Actions:
[roll3]
For Scorching Ray...
[roll4]

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-14, 12:38 AM
Nope, I need one more.
[roll0]

Damn it, I'm -5, Anyone got some healing they might want to give me?

Not a Paladin
2013-02-14, 10:50 AM
June moves to engage statue 2, then attacks it.

Threat roll: [roll1]

oyzar
2013-02-14, 11:51 AM
Nope, I need one more.
[roll0]

Damn it, I'm -5, Anyone got some healing they might want to give me?

ooc:Do a con check to stabelize instead of an ineffective spell eh? I already proved magical fire does nothing against them and your character is not exactly stpid:smalltongue:.

Brass Dragon
2013-02-14, 01:41 PM
June moves to engage statue 2, then attacks it.

Threat roll: [roll1]

you hit it, but it doesnt seem too phased about it.

anywhoo

statue 2 attacks back

[roll0]

damage:

[roll1]

statue 3 attacks the monk

[roll2]

damage:

[roll3]

oyzar
2013-02-14, 02:35 PM
Cyza screams out "Kai!" though of course noone hears it due to being blinded, she steps around the statue attacking Ovdal and slashes at it in rapid succession.

Ki pool use for an extra attack and 5 foot step to flank.

[roll0]First attack roll
[roll1]Critical confirm first
[roll2]Damage + [roll3] Backstab Damage First attack

[roll4]Second attack
[roll5]Critical confirm second
[roll6]Damage + [roll7] Backstab Damage Second attack

Not a Paladin
2013-02-14, 04:09 PM
June steps backwards a bit, removes a bottle containing a faintly shining liquid from her backpack, and drinks it.

(That'll be a 5-foot step away from statue 2, a move action to retrieve a potion of Cure Light Wounds, and a standard action to drink it.)

Roll to determine how much HP I healed: [roll0]

Still awaiting confirmation on whether I resisted any of the opening blast.

MHerbert
2013-02-14, 04:14 PM
Move Action:
Lorenz moves within 30ft of the 3rd statue while getting a better throwing angle.

Standard Action:
Yet another bomb!
(Using the Precise bomb discovery to avoid the monk, drow and any others who would be hit by splash damage)
Against Touch AC:
[roll0]

Damage Roll:
[roll1] Supernatural Fire Damage

Swift Action:
Prehensile tail retrieves Infusion of Cure Light Wounds from Haversack.

-Jynx-
2013-02-14, 04:30 PM
Tensu sweeps up in front of June and takes a swing at Statue 2

Attack
[roll0]
Crit
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-14, 04:47 PM
Aerus redirects his attention to the nearest statue attacking it quickly.

Attack:
[roll0]
Damage (Axe):
[Roll]1d10+4[/Roll}
Damage (Cold):
[roll1]

Rendel Nep
2013-02-14, 05:21 PM
Ovdal nods in satisfaction. Just as he nods he feels a rush of air. With startling reflexes he arches back then follow up with a another array of kicks and punches.

Attack missed. Full round attack (Flurry of blows, unsure of flanking... but power attacking anyway ) vs #3 5/6 ki HP 25/41
1st attack [roll0] +2 if flanking Damage [roll1] Acid damage [roll2]
2nd attack [roll3] +2 if flanking Damage [roll4] Acid damage [roll5]
Crit confirms 1&2
[roll6][roll7]

Iron limb defence in effect so AC =23

Brass Dragon
2013-02-14, 05:42 PM
June steps backwards a bit, removes a bottle containing a faintly shining liquid from her backpack, and drinks it.

(That'll be a 5-foot step away from statue 2, a move action to retrieve a potion of Cure Light Wounds, and a standard action to drink it.)

Roll to determine how much HP I healed: [roll0]

Still awaiting confirmation on whether I resisted any of the opening blast.

already rolled sr and said the dc, dunno what your missing, yes im using the same roll for everyone, there are lots of players and im lazy

Brass Dragon
2013-02-14, 05:45 PM
ok, all damage, etc, up to this point noted, has everyone gone?

ChrisClark13
2013-02-14, 06:49 PM
Grey sets up flanking with Statue #3 and wails on it.

Attack: [roll0] (Crit Confirm [roll1])
• +4 BAB +3 INT +1 Magic +2 Flank = +10
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]
• 1d8 +3 INT + 1 Magic + 1d6

Brass Dragon
2013-02-14, 10:39 PM
Grey sets up flanking with Statue #3 and wails on it.

Attack: [roll0] (Crit Confirm [roll1])
• +4 BAB +3 INT +1 Magic +2 Flank = +10
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]
• 1d8 +3 INT + 1 Magic + 1d6

missed it did

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-14, 11:24 PM
Ow.
Q Is outta there, Moving Away from the gate, and Away from the statues, He Flies (Move action) his full speed away, And Drinks 1 of his potion of cure moderate Wounds.
[roll0] Hp healing.

Ralasha
2013-02-15, 12:11 AM
Cora drinks the potion. [roll0] HP.

Oh yeah! 46!

Brass Dragon
2013-02-16, 11:10 PM
3 attacking ovdal
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]
2 attacking tensu
[roll2]

damage
[roll3]

sorry for not posting earlier, work was hectic today and last night i was running my real life game

-Jynx-
2013-02-16, 11:19 PM
Tensu swiftly bypasses the golem as it swings at him, and slashes at it again.

Attack

Crit
1d20+14[/roll]
Damage
[roll]1d8+7[roll]

Rendel Nep
2013-02-17, 01:19 AM
Ovdal continues raining blows on his opponent

Statue #3's Attack missed once more
Full round attack (Flurry of blows, power attack, presumed Ovdal has flanking) vs #3 5/6 ki HP 25/41
1st attack[roll0] Damage [roll1] Acid damage [roll2]
2ndattack[roll3] Damage [roll4] Acid damage [roll5]
Crit confirms 1&2
[roll6] [roll7]

Iron limb defence in effect so AC =23

oyzar
2013-02-17, 06:50 AM
Cyzra continues to slash at the back of the statue while it is focused on the monk.
[roll0]attack
[roll1] normal damage +[roll2] backstab damage

MHerbert
2013-02-17, 07:26 AM
Once again Lorenz prepares a bomb, throwing it at Statue 3

Move Action:
Move within 30ft. of target statue

Standard Action:
Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-17, 07:55 AM
Once again Aerus attacks the nearest enemy:
Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Not a Paladin
2013-02-17, 07:57 AM
Having realized that maybe trying to stab things she can't trade blows with is a bad idea, June moves back a bit. As she does, she sheathes her sword, then she readies her bow.

(Move action to move 10 feet back combined with sheathing my rapier, then another move action to draw my bow.)

Brass Dragon
2013-02-17, 04:03 PM
Ovdal takes down statue 3, assuming movement and attacking 2 past that point

Anyone not gone?

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-17, 05:39 PM
OOooo, I begin Scribing Explosive Runes, Flying above.

Ralasha
2013-02-17, 08:04 PM
Cora moves up to the only remaining statue, drawing her other sword as she moves.

[roll]1s20+11 24
[roll1]+1 cold
[roll2]+1 fire

Brass Dragon
2013-02-17, 11:19 PM
thats enough, it goes down

Crazyfailure13
2013-02-18, 02:14 AM
Aerus looks at the destroyed statues, then starts to rummage through the remains of the statue, looking for anything of value or interest, making sure not to get anything on his clothes or fur, cleaning off anything that got on him. "Sometimes you can find good stuff in the most unlikely of places." Looking back for a moment to say that to the others, not yet realizing they can't hear him.

oyzar
2013-02-18, 02:31 AM
As the last statue falls, cyzra get out a piece of chalk and starts scribbling on the ground. She realizes that since she can't hear anything, most likely the others can't either. "We are rendered deaf by the screams of the monsters. Do anyone know how to cure deafness? Also I would definatly go down to another barrage like that. Does anyone have any mass healing? If we don't have, maybe we should see if we can pool enough money to purchase a wand of healg. For the amount of damage everyone have suffered, potions are expensive.

Rendel Nep
2013-02-18, 02:54 AM
Ovdal gives his thumbs up but shakes his head. He then wipes his brow and takes a sip of whiskey.

MHerbert
2013-02-18, 03:44 AM
Lorenz chuckles at the situation, every apart from Aerus seemed to have been deafened by the horrible statue's wail. Still, that had never stopped him before.
"What the Drow says, Aerus. Bloody Drow, never liked them. Anyway, 5 piles of rubble, 0 puddles of ghost goop. Revenant goop. Whatever. Lets get going."

Lorenz follows others walking towards the tomb, standing behind anyone willing to go in first.