PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Scout Factotum

BowStreetRunner
2013-02-04, 04:08 PM
I have been playing around with a high-INT Scout skill-monkey build using the ToM Dark creature template applied to a normal human. I am planning on cutting Scout off somewhere between 11th and 13th, since there is no need for hide in plain sight which I already have from the template. Three levels of Factotum are planned for Brains over Brawn.

The character is going to be more of a stealth-based support character than a primary combatant, so I am considering feats like Able Learner, Nymph's Kiss, and Darkstalker before getting too deep into things like the Expeditious Dodge, Mobility, Point Blank Shot, Shot on the Run feat chain.

I'm not sure at this point how far to take Scout past 11th and Factotum past 3rd, or what other classes/prestige classes might work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Deaxsa
2013-02-04, 04:19 PM
you might want to consider the Shadow Creature template which is referenced, it's slightly more powerful, at a cost of +1 LA. the only things you lose are SLLV becomes LLV, +8 hide, and the Hide in plain sight is Su not Ex. still, much more MS, more Cold resistance, Fast healing, Saving Throw bonus, Damage reduction, and a couple SLAs.

edit: never mind you only get to have one cool ability per 4 HD, of which humans technically have none. still worth a look though.

Curmudgeon
2013-02-04, 05:23 PM
I have been playing around with a high-INT Scout skill-monkey build using the ToM Dark creature template applied to a normal human. I am planning on cutting Scout off somewhere between 11th and 13th, since there is no need for hide in plain sight which I already have from the template.
You might want to rethink that. Scout Hide in Plain Sight is designed to work with Scout Camouflage. As it is you'll be able to Hide only in natural terrain (limits of Camouflage, for the cover/concealment bypass) and only when it's not daylight (limits of Dark Creature HiPS for the unobserved bypass). Cities, indoors, dungeons with doors or carved stone, and everywhere outside when it's light will be no good for you. You'll only be able to Hide in natural terrain at night.