PDA

View Full Version : Geist, where has it gone?

Moonwolf727
2013-02-04, 04:34 PM
Firstly, let me apologize if this in in the wrong place and I should have put in one of the sub-forums instead, so yeah sorry if that is the case.

Anyway. I've spent about half an hour (I'm lazy) looking around the OOC and IC forums and much to my own dismay I have found no trace of anyone playing or having ever played 'Geist The Sin-Eaters'. I'm aware that it is old-ish (Published in 2009 I think) however I didn't expect to find such a surprising lack of it.

I'm not looking to play a game or anything, mostly because I can't remember all of the rules, but I would still like to know if anyone can find anything to do with it here on this site, campaign journals, already finished games, in-progress games etc.

Any help is much appreciated as always. :smallsmile:

Grinner
2013-02-04, 05:15 PM
I'd like to play Geist, but reasonably-priced copies of it are obscenely difficult to find. On Amazon, a used copy will generally cost around $100 to $200, and I've seen new copies go for $150 to $350.

I'm pretty sure there was only one print run.

Moonwolf727
2013-02-04, 05:31 PM
I'd like to play Geist, but reasonably-priced copies of it are obscenely difficult to find. On Amazon, a used copy with generally cost around $100 to $200, and I've seen new copies go for $150 to $350.

I know this isn't the answer that I'm meant to give but just download a PDF version if it's that much trouble.

The Dark Fiddler
2013-02-04, 07:09 PM
I know this isn't the answer that I'm meant to give but just download a PDF version if it's that much trouble.

Huh, I never realized there was a version available on Drive Thru RPG. (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/64033/Geist%3A-The-Sin-Eaters)

That said, the reason there's few games of G:TSE is probably because anything that isn't D&D (specifically 3.5 or PF, but sometimes 4e) is, maybe, 10% of the games played here. And that's all of the other systems COMBINED.

You could probably count the WoD games played per month on one hand. Add in that you've got to split those between all of the sub-systems (most of which are more popular than Geist, I believe, because I rarely hear of that one), and that so many PbP games fail in no time at all, and, well... no Geist games.

The Glyphstone
2013-02-04, 07:14 PM
If you're just looking for discussion, the general WoD discussion thread is over here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250029

Grinner
2013-02-04, 07:16 PM
Huh, I never realized there was a version available on Drive Thru RPG. (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/64033/Geist%3A-The-Sin-Eaters)

Nor did I. Thanks. :smallsmile:

Hel65
2013-02-04, 07:17 PM
I'd like to play Geist, but reasonably-priced copies of it are obscenely difficult to find. On Amazon, a used copy will generally cost around $100 to $200, and I've seen new copies go for $150 to $350.

Are we talking Geist the Sin Eaters here? One of White Wolf's nWoD games? All of which are available in Print-on-Demand from Drivethrurpg at very moderate prices? Printed Geist for example costs at most $40 (+shipping, but I doubt it exceeds $60 to outprice the cheapest used copies) and that's if you go for a hardcover and also a PDF for good measure (and search capabilities).

Grinner
2013-02-04, 07:27 PM
Are we talking Geist the Sin Eaters here? One of White Wolf's nWoD games? All of which are available in Print-on-Demand from Drivethrurpg at very moderate prices? Printed Geist for example costs at most $40 (+shipping, but I doubt it exceeds $60 to outprice the cheapest used copies) and that's if you go for a hardcover and also a PDF for good measure (and search capabilities).

Like I said, I didn't realize that DrivethruRPG has them, in PoD nonetheless.

Maybe I was looking at first editions. :smallconfused: