PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern Sidewinder Recoiled?

Seharvepernfan
2013-02-04, 08:19 PM
Does anybody have it or have played it?

My group is looking into it, but it's pricey. I'm pretty curious if it's actually worth getting.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-05, 08:32 AM
If you're comfortable with a PDF, paizo has it available for $16.50.

I managed to find it in about 10 minutes after seeing this topic.

Hope that helps.

HorseCover
2013-02-06, 10:36 AM
Found a PDF online for free, I'll post the link in our facebook page.

Looks like it could be a viable system, I'll take a better look at it when I am on lunch.

HorseCover
2013-02-06, 10:47 AM
That's horrible, HorseCover, you should pay for that content.

If we play it and it's fun, we ought to buy it. But $16 is steep for something we may not be able to use. :smallconfused:

Grinner
2013-02-06, 12:09 PM
How about Go Fer Yer Gun (http://www.rpgnow.com/product/19438/Go-Fer-Yer-Gun)?

If you're just looking for a few nights of entertainment, I think it would suffice.

Marnath
2013-02-06, 03:26 PM
Found a PDF online for free, I'll post the link in our facebook page.

Looks like it could be a viable system, I'll take a better look at it when I am on lunch.

If we play it and it's fun, we ought to buy it. But $16 is steep for something we may not be able to use. :smallconfused:

Did... did you just reply to yourself? :smallconfused:

Berenger
2013-02-06, 06:37 PM
"My PDF... my preciousss - NO! Sméagol is good hobbit, will pay full price..."

HorseCover
2013-02-06, 09:34 PM
Yes I did. I have no regrets.

Seharvepernfan
2013-02-07, 03:41 AM
My only regret is that he didn't put it in
Quote tags.

Altair_the_Vexed
2013-02-07, 08:00 AM
Does anybody have it or have played it?

My group is looking into it, but it's pricey. I'm pretty curious if it's actually worth getting.

IMO, it isn't. I had it, but I discarded it (sold it, or gave it away, can't remember which).

It's just the SRD d20 Modern with some small flavour changes (a few bits of period equipment - nothing you can't figure out for yourself).

There's nothing in there I'd pay serious money for.

Seharvepernfan
2013-02-07, 02:48 PM
IMO, it isn't. I had it, but I discarded it (sold it, or gave it away, can't remember which).

It's just the SRD d20 Modern with some small flavour changes (a few bits of period equipment - nothing you can't figure out for yourself).

There's nothing in there I'd pay serious money for.

Noted. Thanks for the input!

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-07, 08:49 PM

16.50 isn't remotely steep for these sorts of things. The hardcopy on amazon goes for minimum $80 plus shipping. I'm inclined to think there must be something worthwhile in there at that price.

AMX
2013-02-08, 07:39 AM
16.50 isn't remotely steep for these sorts of things. The hardcopy on amazon goes for minimum $80 plus shipping. I'm inclined to think there must be something worthwhile in there at that price.

That price is because it's "collectible."
Was only 34.95 back in 2006...

Altair_the_Vexed
2013-02-08, 07:51 AM
That price is because it's "collectible."
Was only 34.95 back in 2006...
I bought mine in a sale for about 15 quid (20-ish dollars) or something - I wish I'd kept it now, 'cause if some schmuck of a collector wanted to pay me 80 for it, I'd be happy to get rid of it.

But as it turned out, it was so meaningless to me and my group, that I just gave it away.

Seriously: as a game set, it's not worth it.

HorseCover
2013-02-08, 10:22 AM
But as it turned out, it was so meaningless to me and my group, that I just gave it away.

Seriously: as a game set, it's not worth it.

Yeah, now that I've had a chance to look at it, not much that we couldn't make ourselves with some homebrew, which might make it more fun anyway.

Not expensive for the product maybe, but expensive for what we as a group are going to probably get out of it compared to other products. I happily paid for my 3.5 core books, and later pathfinder books, but I've been playing those games for a while now. I think this might run for maybe 5 sessions at the most.